The Hori PS4 VLX thread

1525354555658»

Comments

• ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 10
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    Speaking of VLX mods, is there someone here who can get me art for the 8-button Sega Astro City 2P layout panel (I have no art for it at all)? Preferrably stock VLX art replicas (one for the VLX Kuro and another for the VLX Hayabusa... ), but I'm open to alternatives. Thanks!

Wow, that looks really nice as-is. Is that one of Jasen’s panels?

Yes. I guess; I did try my best to make it all black (stick ball top, shaft cover, dust cover and buttons), given the artless panel. That black metal panel doesn't look as nice on a VLX Hayabusa though, which is my main motivation for asking for art. :P (I got another one of those panels)
    Post edited by ShinMagus on
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • tonyz723tonyz723 Joined: Posts: 57
    edited January 10
    albertino wrote: »
    Wanna say thanks to all who helped me with my VLX mod here before the forums are no more. Peace, love, and shoryukens.

I'm glad the forums in their entirety will be archived for reference. Knowing where everyone is migrating to would be nice
    tonyz723 wrote: »
    I was stalking a post on Amazon Japan that had a used 360 VLX for around 10,000 yen, which is slightly less than $100. By the time I committed mentally to ordering it, It was gone T_T

@Markman is liquidating a lot his arcade collection on Twitter including VLXs $230shipped in US I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if he has actual copies of every stick ever made so DM him on twitter.

Awesome, thank you! I'm in contact with him now, we'll see what happens =)
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 638
    Does anyone know what size the screws are for the VLX Hayabusa PS4 that hold the panel down? It's like three thumb screws that are inside the cable door... please halp as I somehow lost the last 2 I had!! Please "at" me in your response. Thanks.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    Does anyone know what size the screws are for the VLX Hayabusa PS4 that hold the panel down? It's like three thumb screws that are inside the cable door... please halp as I somehow lost the last 2 I had!! Please "at" me in your response. Thanks.

I will have to look into it
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • BlackVeroo89BlackVeroo89 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi Guys

I just Want To Ask If Anyone Have the template (PSD) Art Panel Of Hori VLX Red ??

I Need To Print a new Designs Art

Also If you can help me with video or guide how to remove the top Art Panel and replace it with new one :s

Thanks !! B)
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 734
    edited January 14

For the thumb screws, it's 6/32 unc

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10674466#Comment_10674466
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,683
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »

For the thumb screws, it's 6/32 unc

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10674466#Comment_10674466

Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was 6/32 or not
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 638
    Thanks guys. I was able to get the screws from Ace Hardware!
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy