Capcom Vs series future?

sabata84sabata84 Joined: Posts: 3
I wanted to throw the question out there hoping that somebody would answer or build on the idea. I have played all of the games in the Vs. Series and love them to death. Considering how Capcom joined up with somebody as random as tatsunoko when do you think Capcom would be serious in regards to development of a new Vs. Title. I mean I know they are focusing all they have now on street fighter 5 and I am all for it but I like to see a lot of different characters from many of the franchises.

Who would you want to see in a new Vs title?

What are the odds that they will pick up Vs. After street fighter 5?

Who would you want them to pair up with for the new Vs Title or cross over?

Personally I would want to see Wayne or some people from lost planet or someone like Jake Muller or Leon make an appearance. I wouldn't mind dark void or something being mixed in. Mega man zero would be pretty awesome too. Just something absolutely different to go forward with.

I think the odds are slim but there is still hope.

Personally Mortal kombat street fighter seems like an awesome idea as a cross over. As to the cross DC would be just as cool but nether already working with them.

Comments

• Master_BelmontMaster_Belmont Joined: Posts: 12
    It's definitely something to consider. I really can't say what the series' future will be like going ahead, since they haven't announced any plans for future Vs. games. If they do, however, I really want Nintendo vs. Capcom. I know I'm not the only one who wants that. Even if it can't happen, a Capcom All-stars game in traditional Vs. game style would be good, too.
    The most practical thing I can think of is having some non-SF characters in SF5. Would be interesting.
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    They have more than enough great characters to make a great capcom all stars game. That is if they take it seriously (unlike Capcom fighting jam).

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,657
    blufang wrote: »
    They have more than enough great characters to make a great capcom all stars game. That is if they take it seriously (unlike Capcom fighting jam).

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/capcomfightingallstars.html
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    I think I'm good on the Vs games for a while. I wouldn't mind seeing Capcom pick up a license for something cool though.
  • KaiserCowabungaKaiserCowabunga Joined: Posts: 14
    I'd like to see a Capcom vs. SNK 3, but I doubt that will ever happen since 2 was over a decade ago.

Don't care about Marvel vs. Capcom since I'm not an American comic books fan.

As for potential future crossovers... I've always found SxT to be an awful idea since both games are so different. And I can't think of any other fighting game series that's similar to SF as KoF is. At least not any major franchise.

• The_AdventurerThe_Adventurer Joined: Posts: 147
    Its unfortuntate that Capcom lost the rights to Marvel and Tatsunoko. As we well NEVER get that Marvel vs Tatsunoko super-hero mega fighting game I REALLY REALLY WANTED
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This whole thread can be summed up pretty easily then closed.

giphy.gif
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • RUMBLE82RUMBLE82 The Proctor Joined: Posts: 641
    Let's hope they make some serious coin! Then let's hope for another vs! Snk 3 please!
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    Don't see another mvc in the future with capcom's current finances and marvels money hungry approach after the success of the mcu
    would love to see capcom vs snk(well playmore now)3 but like everyones said thats a low probability.and tatsunoko 2 is a pipe dream
    plus all the negative heat sfxT got doesn't help much either.would like to see Darkstalkers vs skullgirls, would be cool granted its the niche meeting the more niche.so no chance in hell so the only other vs i can think of is mortal kombat which would probably be mk vs dc levels of awkward
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 463
    edited August 2015
    sabata84 wrote: »
    I wanted to throw the question out there hoping that somebody would answer or build on the idea. I have played all of the games in the Vs. Series and love them to death. Considering how Capcom joined up with somebody as random as tatsunoko when do you think Capcom would be serious in regards to development of a new Vs. Title. I mean I know they are focusing all they have now on street fighter 5 and I am all for it but I like to see a lot of different characters from many of the franchises.

Who would you want to see in a new Vs title?

What are the odds that they will pick up Vs. After street fighter 5?

Who would you want them to pair up with for the new Vs Title or cross over?

Personally I would want to see Wayne or some people from lost planet or someone like Jake Muller or Leon make an appearance. I wouldn't mind dark void or something being mixed in. Mega man zero would be pretty awesome too. Just something absolutely different to go forward with.

I think the odds are slim but there is still hope.

Personally Mortal kombat street fighter seems like an awesome idea as a cross over. As to the cross DC would be just as cool but nether already working with them.

Capcom did not randomly join up with Tatsunoko.

Tatsunoko Productions, at its height in the 1970s, was the animation studio in Japan. Many of the animes that Tatsunoko produced in that era formed the childhood memories of many Japanese born in the late 1950s to late 1960s and have profoundly shaped many of the video games that Capcom has produced.

For example, Casshan (1973) is one of the primary inspirations for both Megaman and Megaman X, along with Osamu Tezuka's "Astro Boy (a/k/a Tetsuwan Atomo). The creator of both Megaman series, Inafune, admitted this in an interview he gave many years ago. Casshan's nemesis, Buraiking Boss, is the direct inspiration for Sigma from Megaman X.

And that's just one example.

As far as this thread is concerned, I'd love to see Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2, solely for the inclusion of Speed Racer and the 3 Samurai Pizza Cats, all of whom strangely were not in the first game.

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see the above game, or even Street Fighter 2 vs Mortal Kombat.
  • SæQuoSæQuo Joined: Posts: 267
    Samurai Pizza Cats!!!!

TvC2 needs to happen just for that 1or 3 players. Who does not love those cats!!!!

Also to think that Ken Jun and Joe are not huge in every country except America is just laughable..... Science Ninja Team/Gatchaman is a must for just about any culture..... Shit even Ippatsuman and Yatterman were huge as fuck!!
    My C.O.B. will always ride B.O.E. Put that Pussy on a Pedestal!!!
    Skinny Jeans and Smeidum Tees, White Bitches wit DD's. Watching my kids grow like I am waterin' seeds.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero You will become a slave to your pleasu- erm... Functions. Joined: Posts: 2,861
    Capcom vs SNK 3... even though, I am 99.9% sure that this is not going to happen.
    Wishful thinking.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Geese / Mai [Luong, Geese, Leona, Shun, Beni, King, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Mai [Nyotengu, Kasumi]
    Tekken 7: Heihachi [Xiaoyu, M. Raven, Jin, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• RuffluvRuffluv Joined: Posts: 9
    capcom vs itself, the do have enough titles and series to do that, plus their devolopers dig in the crates for forgotten titles.
  • bryanfrobryanfro Joined: Posts: 115
    Ruffluv wrote: »
    capcom vs itself, the do have enough titles and series to do that, plus their devolopers dig in the crates for forgotten titles.

I agree 100%. Capcom vs Capcom is all they need. There is no reason not to make another versus game...they don't need rights to anyone else's characters.
    XBL: yodelayheehee
    PSN: buraemon
  • SegaticSegatic It takes AGES to be this bad, it takes SEGATIC Joined: Posts: 158
    Capcom vs Sega

They have enough characters and but company(one more than the other) need the money
    Fuck the Valuan Empire
  • MrAzimuth_24MrAzimuth_24 Joined: Posts: 9
    d3v wrote: »
    Based on their most recent actions, the company they could likely work with for a new Vs game would be Sony.
    I'm with d3v on this one because it makes sense for Capcom to do this because both companies wanna make sure that the PS4 is the home of fighting games so i'm sure Shuhei Yoshida wouldn't hesitate to accept Ono's offer
    d3v wrote: »
    Based on their most recent actions, the company they could likely work with for a new Vs game would be Sony.
    I'm with d3v on this one because it makes sense for Capcom to do this because both companies wanna make sure that the PS4 is the home of fighting games so i'm sure Shuhei Yoshida wouldn't hesitate to accept Ono's offer
  • Zephyrus21Zephyrus21 Joined: Posts: 172
    wishful thinking, I'd like a capcom vs playstation. Same gameplay that we see in marvel. But with playstation characters instead of marvel.
    Zephyrus21 wrote: »
    wishful thinking, I'd like a capcom vs playstation. Same gameplay that we see in marvel. But with playstation characters instead of marvel.
    well if it's a versus game it has to stay in the style of MVC, I mean you gotta keep the super jumps, the hyper combos, the air combos, the Tag team system, you gotta keep all the assets from Marvel vs Capcom if you wanna do a versus game

well if it's a versus game it has to stay in the style of MVC, I mean you gotta keep the super jumps, the hyper combos, the air combos, the Tag team system, you gotta keep all the assets from Marvel vs Capcom if you wanna do a versus game
    and plus like I said before PS vs Capcom seems like the right thing to do at the moment and also think of how huge the roster might be because it could potentially be even larger than Marvel vs Capcom 2 and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Combined like you wouldn't only be seeing the obvious characters like Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sweet Tooth, Sackboy, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, etc you'd probably also see characters from Tekken, Guilty Gear, War of the Monsters, Arcana Heart, Final Fantasy, and probably even Skullgirls

• Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    edited September 2016
    It'd be nice to see another versus game, preferably Cvs3.
    Post edited by Max_The_Scrublord on

• NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,558
    im down for a tvc2, cant be as bad as mvc3 right

but speed racer better be in dat shyt
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • ElliePhilElliePhil ye boi Joined: Posts: 130
    TvC2 would be sweet. Not sure it would do so well in the US though because most Americans don't watch all them Chinese cartoons lel
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,021
    Has to be capcom vs sega imo (and or namco). Only thing that makes sense to me.
  • PencileroPencilero Joined: Posts: 162
    Never cared for the Versus series.

Get the licenses for Marvel, DC, or Image and give me a mix of any of those versus each other.

I'd love to see Superman Vs. Hulk.

I've got zero interest in Hulk fighting kung-fu guys. Unless it's Powerfist or Karate Kid.

Hell - I'll take Tatsunoko vs. Marvel. Superheroes versus superheroes.
    Things I draw, some times fighting game related:
    Instagram and DeviantArt
  • I3ANNEDUSERI3ANNEDUSER Joined: Posts: 2
    I'd love to have a Capcom vs. Capcom game for the simple fact that there would be no licensing issues that would keep them from updating the game over time. MvC3 could be amazing if a few characters like Zero, Vergil, Morrigan could be tweaked to not be so silly. This is what I would want the most, and maybe the collaboration with Sony would be a good way to go. As it stands Capcom would have to wait for Disney to want the MvC series to continue and drop a lot of cash for it to happen. I don’t see that happening since it’s probably not a lucrative enough franchise for Disney to be interested in.
    I just want another 3v3 team fighter from somebody that has the rights to some characters that will resonate with players. I think the only way that is going to happen right now is with a Kickstarter campaign of some sort. Lab Zero has the second most experience with this type of game and if they could collaborated with someone that has well-established characters that aren’t being used much these days it could be a hit. Collaborating with a US based IP owner seems like something that could happen based on money needed to get it started vs sales expectations.
    I was thinking Image Comics for Spawn, but they also created have The Walking Dead which is making a lot of money right now so it may not be feasible. Any other ideas for franchises?
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,754

Yeah, no. PlayStation has zero to no characters that would make sense in a fighting game, even it's marvel-like. What, do you want to see Sweet Tooth go against Birdie or some shit?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

Yeah, no. PlayStation has zero to no characters that would make sense in a fighting game, even it's marvel-like. What, do you want to see Sweet Tooth go against Birdie or some shit?
    actually Sony has plenty of franchises that they could use for that potential crossover like
    Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

actually Sony has plenty of franchises that they could use for that potential crossover like
    Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Tekken and Guilty Gear aren't owned by Sony
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,993

Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Neither is Arcana Heart
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s

Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Neither is Arcana Heart

well all 3 started as PS exclusives
    Tekken was on PS Consoles until Tekken 6
    Same goes with Arcana Heart
    And the First & Latest Guilty Gear are PS exclusives right now
    Part of the Challenge with a Playstation Crossover is Finding franchises that have a good amount of relevance with PS History Like the Aforementioned Tekken, Guilty Gear, and Arcana Heart. Whereas when you have characters like Big Daddy and Isaac Clarke People are just going to look at them like they have no place in this PS Crossover because the franchise either started on another system or has always been a Multi-Platform franchise
    edited February 2016

Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Neither is Arcana Heart

Tekken started on Arcades

Guilty Gear was eventually on Dreamcast and PC
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Neither is Arcana Heart

While that is true a lot of us like to associate arcade releases with the console releases whether it be multi platform or developed with the core technology of the console in question, and while it is true that Guilty Gear has been on a Multitude of Platforms, Guilty Gear Xrd and Revelator have gone back to being Playstation exclusive
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 694
    I want Marvel vs Capcom 4.
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Neither is Arcana Heart

While that is true a lot of us like to associate arcade releases with the console releases whether it be multi platform or developed with the core technology of the console in question, and while it is true that Guilty Gear has been on a Multitude of Platforms, Guilty Gear Xrd and Revelator have gone back to being Playstation exclusive

Also all Tekken games before Tekken 6 were built with the core technology of the Playstation

Tekken
    Guilty Gear
    Arcana Heart
    Dark Cloud
    Arc The Lad
    you name it

Neither is Arcana Heart

Also all Tekken games before Tekken 6 were built with the core technology of the Playstation

I guess that's why they were always released for Arcades first and on consoles second
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• OmegamarthOmegamarth Joined: Posts: 89
    We need Capcom Vs. WWE.
    Gimme that Akuma Vs. The Undertaker dream match bruh.
  • MrEwntMrEwnt Joined: Posts: 71
    Capcom vs. PlayStation All-Stars would be interesting. More than anything though I wish that could play Marvel vs Capcom 3 on my PC.
  • SoljrSoljr Joined: Posts: 23
    Here is how Marvel Versus Capcom 4 can be made: http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Versus_Capcom_4:_Apex
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Soljr wrote: »
    Here is how Marvel Versus Capcom 4 can be made: http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Versus_Capcom_4:_Apex

What Smash playing 12 year old wrote that?
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 384
    Darkstalkers vs Guilty Gear would hyper than a three old on coffee.
  • hashratehashrate Joined: Posts: 150
    Angry Abel wrote: »
    Darkstalkers vs Guilty Gear would hyper than a three old on coffee.

That would be OK, not as good as:

Samurai Shodown vs Last Blade
    Or
    Samurai Shodown vs Guilty Gear
    Or
    Last Blade vs Guilty Gear
    Or
    Samurai Shodown vs Blazblue
    Or
    Last Blade vs Blazblue
    Or
    SNK vs Arcsys
  • PotatoFighterPlusPotatoFighterPlus Joined: Posts: 9
    Tekken x Street Fighter 2016 is my choice after the much-refused Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat, and my third one is Capcom Fighting Evolution 2. Let the Xbox gamers have Killer Instinct vs. Mortal Kombat because they were denied Street Fighter V.
  • JasonWalravenJasonWalraven Joined: Posts: 533
    I would like to see capcom give a big middle finger to Disney and have them re-release UMvC3 on PS4 but rename it simply "Mahvel" and swap out each of the Marvel characters with a Capcom character but keep the moveset of the replaced characters. Swap Magneto for Bison, Wolverine for Necalli, ect. Dose not even have to make sense as long as the game play is the samethats all that would matter.
  • fundandofundando monitor cyborg Joined: Posts: 479
    Yoshinori Ono flirts with idea of creating Capcom vs. Nintendo fighting game
    eventhubs.com/news/2016/apr/03/yoshinori-ono-flirts-idea-creating-capcom-vs-nintendo-fighting-game/
    I love to mod.
    Fightsticks, computers and cars.
    Check out my youtube for tutorials and more!!!
    >>>> http://tinyurl.com/zqsugqt