Supergirl: The TV Series

Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it..........Joined: Posts: 20,952 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
From Superhero Hype:
Hailing from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions (who also produce the hit DC Comics series “Arrow” and “The Flash” for The CW), “Supergirl” is based on the characters from DC Comics and centers on Kara Zor-El, who comes to Earth after escaping the destruction of Krypton. After many years hiding her abilities, she joins the ranks of her cousin Superman to become the hero she was meant to be.

The pilot episode was written by Ali Adler (“No Ordinary Family”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”). They will also executive produce along with Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros. TV. The show has a series commitment at CBS.

The cast so far:

tumblr_inline_nkmgkeShDN1rs1tzn.png
Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El/Kara Danvers/Supergirl

tumblr_inline_nkmgm9oBhV1rs1tzn.jpg
Mehcad Brooks as James "Jimmy" Olsen

tumblr_inline_nkmgo3XcoR1rs1tzn.jpg
Laura Benanti as Alura In-Ze/Zor-El

tumblr_inline_nkmgpfCikb1rs1tzn.jpg
Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant

tumblr_inline_nkmgrx2a4D1rs1tzn.jpg
David Harewood as Hank Henshaw

tumblr_inline_nkmgsfR32J1rs1tzn.jpg
Jeremy Jordan as Winslow Schott

Chyler Leigh as Alexandra Danvers............Kara's foster sister who works for a secret government organization.
Helen Slater and Dean Cain are cast in the pilot yet to be revealed roles.
DC villain The Lumberjack will be on the show
Rumor that Superman may appear on the show........in some form.

Of course there is some blacklash on the race swap of Jimmy and Hank.
Post edited by Geese Pants on
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    Supergirl stan checking in. They better not fuck this up. lol. I will expect this on tv come next fall season
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm interested in how this is going to turn out. Honestly, I have no confidence in this show. Why you ask...it's because it's CBS. CBS seems like they are going to pull an NBC and just jump on the comic book show like it's a trend. I think she show will be excellent like Arrow and The Flash but it's something about CBS.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    CBS never disappoints so I'm game
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    CBS never disappoints so I'm game

Obvious troll is obvious
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Welp it's not like you can really fuck up something as lame as super girl.

Would rather a she hulk court drama but they too busy trying to get us into wack ass Margaret Carter.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,636
    This show gotta be in the same continuity as Arrow and Flash? Sucks that Harewood will be Hank Henshaw. He could have made for a fine Steel.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    This show gotta be in the same continuity as Arrow and Flash?

It's not
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm just glad my teenage crush Chyler Leigh will be on tv again. Hopefully she hasn't hit the wall.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,159
    Really don't see the point of replacing Jimmy or Hank with black people.

Hank doesn't really matter since end game he's losing his main body, but Jimmy? Just seems pointless.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Oink oink Joined: Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I figured Jimmy Olsen no longer being a ginger would be considered a win for gingers.

Are you kidding, Jimmy Olsen is who every ginger aspires to be growing up.

Also I am just seeing a lot of black people overall, especially black women in these new fantasy tv shows. The flash and Sleepy Hollow come to mind because my girl watches both of those. Of course all them broads could get it.
    edited March 2015
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Just seems pointless.

Him being black is about as pointless as him being ginger. He wasn't even ginger on Smallville or the Dean Cain show lol.

Its like everyone forgot Dean Cain is Asian
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,193
    Nobody can forget Sushiman, damn thatll never get old :trollface:
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    http://www.kryptonsite.com/first-look-photos-of-melissa-benoist-as-supergirl-are-here/

Something about the boots though. But she would still get it.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,952 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Interesting that they are doing a classic look................cool with that.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Interesting that they are doing a classic look................cool with that.

Pretty sure horribly muted colors, thigh high boots, and dark stockings aren't classic.
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Despite the amount of clothing I forsee new age feminists going crazy over this.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,860
    I always thought that costume was extremely silly...
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,693
    edited March 2015
    Thats less Supergirl more Averagegirl, looks like a well made piece of cosplay.
    Post edited by The Furious One on
    Thats less Superirl more Averagegirl, looks like a well made piece of cosplay.

That's the thing. There's cosplay that looks way better than that.

No one was dressing up like Green Arrow or Flash prior to their shows. So there was no real cosplay standard. And CW managed to do a pretty good job. CBS has been the number one network for quite some time, so I expect costume to at least match the best cosplay.
  • ToothClawToothClaw Kappa Noob Joined: Posts: 146
    AYO?! wrote: »
    Despite the amount of clothing I forsee new age feminists going crazy over this.

We have to remember that positive female role models can only be overweight,fully clothed and hate men in general.
    Well 90s Flash looks a ton better, and those cheap ass halloween muscle suits of flash is a good bit better than the gimp outfit from the CW show. Arrow costume is just some random shit.

That Supergirl getup tho, who designs this stuff and keeps getting away with it lol?

• The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,879
    Supergirl sucks regardless...but that costume looks like its out of party city.

Will not watch..
    God's favorite ©

• SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,101
    RockBogart wrote: »

Really? Maybe you should post some of it...for comparison and research purposes of course...
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    Saitsu wrote: »

Really? Maybe you should post some of it...for comparison and research purposes of course...

Just for you
    supergirl-201.jpg

The fuck.....

2678259_o.gif
    C.O.P.A

Looks like Lois and Clark: The second coming
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,077
    Looks like a SNL parody
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2015
    This show gotta be in the same continuity as Arrow and Flash?

It's not

Well that bit off info and the trailer, just caused the show to lose hype points in my book. Though still we're getting live action Kryptonian throwing down outside of DCU.

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge The Age of Murder and Storm Joined: Posts: 16,233
    I find the lack of Ginger Olsen disrespectful.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Another show for the trash pile lol, like holy shit how low are these guys aiming? Trailer makes My Super Ex-Girlfriend seem like a top tier marvel flick ffs.

• jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    LOL, what the hell. This shit looks like its suppose to be on disney. Dat soundtrack -_-

I know its on cbs, but jesus fuck. Fuck you cw for not picking it up. Now i have to deal with cbs when it comes to supergirl. No way that show last long in its trailer form.

Its like disney show meets devil wears prada, meets smallville. I'll see how the first few episodes are. Shes attractive. I was expecting someone hotter to be honest.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,636
    crucades wrote: »
    Another show for the trash pile lol, like holy shit how low are these guys aiming? Trailer makes My Super Ex-Girlfriend seem like a top tier marvel flick ffs.

They obviously aiming for females with the click flick setup for the show. They likely will eat up the Devil Wears Prada vibe. I'm not feeling alpha male Jimmy Olsen. I want the nerdy ginger who's often in over his head.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 648
    Just watched the trailer. It is a generic chick show with just enough superhero stuff to appeal to the dudes. It won't last for a season, it reeks of cliche bullshit.
    It's just like Lois & Clark: The goofy comedy. The hidden villains. The "action". Dead Cain.

The series is more likely to completely shift its focus to romantic relationships within the first 2-3 seasons... First episodes will probably be fun to watch.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks like grey's anatomy with super heroes.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Imagine the type of Sandwiches Supergirl could whip up in the kitchen.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I haven't seen Arrow or Flash but after 10 years of Smallvile I'll never watch a CW show again. I imagine the purpose is to get people like myself and the CBS audience to check out the show.