Is there still a lot of people who still play skullgirl

TeddiedriverTeddiedriver learning the ropes trying to get betterJoined: Posts: 191
I played the demo the other day and considered purchasing it and I was wondering is.... The netcode good? Do they still have a lot of people playing online? I might have other if they come down the line

Comments

• 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    It depends on what you mean by having "a lot" of people playing online - you're obviously not going to have similar numbers to USFIV, but there is still a decent-sized active community, especially if you live in the US. The netcode is GGPO, which many people consider to be the best out there, and as with most of the smaller games, most people in the community are pretty helpful as well.

Disclaimer: I run the official Skullgirls forums at skullgirls.com.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
  • TeddiedriverTeddiedriver learning the ropes trying to get better Joined: Posts: 191
    0sh wrote: »
    It depends on what you mean by having "a lot" of people playing online - you're obviously not going to have similar numbers to USFIV, but there is still a decent-sized active cnity, especially if you live in the US. The netcode is GGPO, which many people consider to be the best out there, and as with most of the smaller games, most people in the community are pretty helpful as well.

0sh wrote: »
    It depends on what you mean by having "a lot" of people playing online - you're obviously not going to have similar numbers to USFIV, but there is still a decent-sized active community, especially if you live in the US. The netcode is GGPO, which many people consider to be the best out there, and as with most of the smaller games, most people in the community are pretty helpful as well.

Lol OK I didn't mean like usf4 but it good to people still play it I might pick it up sometimes in the future and ill be gladly to vist your forms
  • KashiyukasthighsKashiyukasthighs Joined: Posts: 995
    There's always people playing, and those who get top places at tournaments you can usually find them online as well.

I personally quit because Mike Z was patching the game way to frequently, and in my opinion, didn't let it grow.

That could have changed now but just letting you know, if you don't mind frequent patching then go for it. It's a fun game.
  • TeddiedriverTeddiedriver learning the ropes trying to get better Joined: Posts: 191
    There's always people playing, and those who get top places at tournaments you can usually find them online as well.

I personally quit because Mike Z was patching the game way to frequently, and in my opinion, didn't let it grow.

That could have changed now but just letting you know, if you don't mind frequent patching then go for it. It's a fun game.

Ah that suck....btw I notice their a lot of options to buy characters can you not unlock them in game
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867

Ah that suck....btw I notice their a lot of options to buy characters can you not unlock them in game

The DLC characters are free for three months then they cost some $, but I believe only Eliza is still free at the moment.
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"

Ah that suck....btw I notice their alot of options to buy characters can you not unlock them in game

The DLC characters are free for three months then they cost some $, but I believe only Eliza is still free at the moment.

That stupid..... Kinda make the game lose value then
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,734 mod

Ah that suck....btw I notice their alot of options to buy characters can you not unlock them in game

DLC characters are free for the first 3 months as a reward to the people who backed them on Indiegogo.
    d3v wrote: »

The DLC characters are free for three months then they cost some $, but I believe only Eliza is still free at the moment. [/quo
    DLC characters are free for the first 3 months as a reward to the people who backed them on Indiegogo.

OK so who come with the game
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    edited March 2015
    I think you get Eliza for free atm. Soon they will release Boewulf for free, and then Robo-fortune. You'll have to buy Big Band and Squigly, or you can play them on the beta if you get the PC game(I think).

Actually I don't know if Eliza is still free.
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    edited March 2015

OK so who come with the game

These guys
    Skullgirls-skullgirls-32908560-1872-1152.jpg
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 761
    Right now the game should come with Filia, Cerebella, Parasoul, Peacock, Double, Fortune, Valentine, Fukua and Painwheel. 9/12 available characters
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    If you do get it, I would definitely refrain from buying any dlc right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they put them all together into a cheaper bundle after they release Robo-Fortune.
    Kwyjibo wrote: »
    If you do get it, I would definitely refrain from buying any dlc right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they put them all together into a cheaper bundle after they release Robo-Fortune.

Yea I understand it a decent roster I just wanna make sure peacock was playable
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,527

I didn't back shit and still got 2 of the DLC characters.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai

I didn't back shit and still got 2 of the DLC characters.
    I never said you had to be a backer to get the stuff for free didn't I.

Making them free for 3 months was just Lab Zero's way of rewarding people.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,527
    What a nice bunch of people. Wish I could play the game :(
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    for those who got a steam key from indiegogo campaign squiggly is free. Eliza and bigband too. More than 3 months have passed
    too slow!
  • LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,232
    Eliza stopped being free in January iirc.

and to answer OP's topic, it depends on the console. The game is pretty dead on 360, not sure on PS3 and PC is where most the players are
    I like posting gifs of animals because my dog died...
    Lightz wrote: »

and to answer OP's topic, it depends on the console. The game is pretty dead on 360, not sure on PS3 and PC is where most the players are

ugh really damn....ok that fine ill make used for what i have

i'd play it on pc but my graphic card is extreme weak......hate intel hd graphics

i'd play it on pc but my graphic card is extreme weak......hate intel hd graphics

You can set the backgrounds to 2D and the game will probably run fine.

You can set the backgrounds to 2D and the game will probably run fine.
    Really?? Well time to torrent cx
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Play Skullgirl? I only play game I like. I do not play Skullgirl.

Skullgirl have sex appeal of biscuit with two shits inside.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

Did you really need to say this?
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »

If you don't like why comment
    What are your PC specs?
    What are your PC specs?

Intel celeron n2840 2.16
    HD intel graphic
    8 GB ram
    Yeah that's not very promising, considering that the min gpu on the store page is HD3000 graphics. You might consider making a thread on Steam as well to see if anyone has any experience playing with that chipset.
    Yeah that's not very promising, considering that the min gpu on the store page is HD3000 graphics. You might consider making a thread on Steam as well to see if anyone has any experience playing with that chipset.

Oh well i......bought it (sort of) today and it run fine....as far as my laptop goes i can run anything 2010 n below witch why i use my pc for fightcade,melty blood and emulators.....the struggle is real
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero It's time for Halloween. Where dem succubus functions? Joined: Posts: 3,137
    I play Skullgirls quite a bit on the PSN.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV: Kyo / Luong / Mai [Beni, MuiMui, Whip, Geese, Shun, Leona, Terry]
    DOA5LR: Nyotengu [Mai]
    Tekken 7: Jin [Xiaoyu, Eliza, M. Raven, Lee, Lars]
    BBCF: Hakumen[Azaerl, Nine, Izayoi]
    SFV : ??? (Cammy, Menat, Ryu, Bison, Ibuki)
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,896

This is also why I called it quits. I got tired of relearning my mains. And even if they didnt change my main that much anymore, they were constantly fucking around with mechanics. I walked away for a month, and when I came back a system called "Undizzy" had been implemented. It cut ALL of my squigly combos in half if not more than that. I was done at that point. I play it casually every blue moon but I cant be bothered to put actual effort into it.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

This is also why I called it quits. I got tired of relearning my mains. And even if they didnt change my main that much anymore, they were constantly fucking around with mechanics. I walked away for a month, and when I came back a system called "Undizzy" had been implemented. It cut ALL of my squigly combos in half if not more than that. I was done at that point. I play it casually every blue moon but I cant be bothered to put actual effort into it.
    Ah, did they remove your favorite ToDs? Somewhere out there is a tiny man with teeny-tiny hands, playing a the saddest song in history on the world's tiniest violin, just soft enough that no one will ever hear it.
    I play Skullgirls quite a bit on the PSN.

Ah kool maybe i get a ps3 port as well
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,909

Ah, did they remove your favorite ToDs? Somewhere out there is a tiny man with teeny-tiny hands, playing a the saddest song in history on the world's tiniest violin, just soft enough that no one will ever hear it.

LOL wow, assume much?
  • LightzLightz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Joined: Posts: 1,232

The game isn't that heavy on graphics. Your specs could probably run it fine
    I like posting gifs of animals because my dog died...

I know your post wasn't towards me but I didn't even care about anything they implemented/took off the game, but I thought it was way more fun when it was broken when it first came out. Reminded me of Marvel 2, what Mike Z intended the game to be. Oh well.

edited March 2015

I know your post wasn't towards me but I didn't even care about anything they implemented/took off the game, but I thought it was way more fun when it was broken when it first came out. Reminded me of Marvel 2, what Mike Z intended the game to be. Oh well.
    All the mechanics that Mike has added are from Marvel 2. Undizzy was in Marvel 2 and was the game's main way to prevent infinites. Prior to Undizzy being added in Skullgirls, people were trying to play it like a new-school airdasher with heavy emphasis on long combos, and optimization.

Aside from a few well known setups (Iron Man, Storm/Sent DHC, Cable AHVBs, etc.), Marvel 2 wasn't really heavy on TODs. It was however a very vortexy, reset intensive game, which is what Skullgirls has become after Undizzy.

The game isn't that heavy on graphics. Your specs could probably run it fine

It does just can't get it to connect to steam so I can play online but I want to practice more anyway but the game feel nice tho I get lag spike in the arcade mode but I'll be fine
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

LOL wow, assume much?

Not at all. Undizzy was added to stop ToD combos.

All the mechanics that Mike has added are from Marvel 2. Undizzy was in Marvel 2 and was the game's main way to prevent infinites. Prior to Undizzy being added in Skullgirls, people were trying to play it like a new-school airdasher with heavy emphasis on long combos, and optimization.

Aside from a few well known setups (Iron Man, Storm/Sent DHC, Cable AHVBs, etc.), Marvel 2 wasn't really heavy on TODs. It was however a very vortexy, reset intensive game, which is what Skullgirls has become after Undizzy.

The problem was Mike implemented Undizzy after a VERY short while, to compensate for everyone crying about the problems the game had back then. I wouldn't have cared if Mike let people figure it out for a year or so, and then patch it accordingly. But instead, every few months the entirety of the game changed to the point in which I had to re-learn it, instead of improving myself with the mechanics that were already in place.