USF4 On PS4

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,144 mod
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »
    any new infos about the patch Im downloading right now?
    I guess it's not a balance patch
    What's the version number?
  • SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 631
    edited July 2015
    its fixes the visuals and make it look better and less pixlated. It made the game look noticeably better. They fixed the Sonic boom and multi-hit moves problems. It safe to say now that this version of USF4 is pretty good and worth a buy now.
  • john4pjohn4p Joined: Posts: 817
    edited July 2015
    Looks like they really added AA and every stage has AF now.

Title screen says press options.
  • KantankorasKantankoras Joined: Posts: 4
    Has any got two ps3 sticks working on their ps4 yet?

I have two sticks (te2 and sfxt stick) for ps3 and two dualshocks 4 and I have not been able to play with the two sticks. I've tried the instructions and I've tried every combination I could imagine but still no luck. I've gotten each stick working independently but never simultaneously. I can even do p1 with the stick and p2 with a pad.

Any advice?
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,600
    screenshots. Looks like AA and special effects have improved

BJWNTu.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/ItByVs.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/iVMO4f.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/yoKNlO.jpg

From the patch notes on the PlayStation blog:

* Note that “Press Start” isn’t a bug — it was originally left in intentionally as a tribute to Street Fighter IV’s arcade roots, but due to players’ requests, we have changed it to “Press Options.”
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • AndisThaBarberAndisThaBarber Joined: Posts: 18
    THIS GAME LOOKS SOO AMAZING, I'm VERY PROUD OF HOW THINGS TURNED OUT, ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY?
    PSN: AndisThaBarber
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    Has any got two ps3 sticks working on their ps4 yet?

I have two sticks (te2 and sfxt stick) for ps3 and two dualshocks 4 and I have not been able to play with the two sticks. I've tried the instructions and I've tried every combination I could imagine but still no luck. I've gotten each stick working independently but never simultaneously. I can even do p1 with the stick and p2 with a pad.

Any advice?

When i did it. I turn on pad open usf4 got to menu for 1p vs 2p plug in first stick. Made sure it works. Then turn on 2nd pad log into a different account then plug in 2nd stick. Both work find. I know that you cant use two commander pads idk exactly why but one will kick out the other controller.
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 407
    Sonic boom is better but is still not corrected...
    There always some audio problème , fluctuation between rounds sometimes and when Poison died , she always breaks the ears...
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 64
    How's the netcode? also there we're too many gray bars are they showing up correctly on search?
  • SpydeR-ManGSpydeR-ManG Walking the path of Heaven Joined: Posts: 60
    Ariesno wrote: »
    There always some audio problème , fluctuation between rounds sometimes and when Poison died , she always breaks the ears...

All 5 of the Ultra characters have louder audio balancing in the game. While they should've balanced this in the PS4 patch, at least it's the exact same thing as the other platforms now.
  • Subutai_HDSubutai_HD Joined: Posts: 89
    My Mad Catz TE PS3 stick use to work great on PS4 but it suddenly stopped working, i try'd back on PS3 and it works great on PS3 but now it wont work on PS4, anyone with similar problems and is there a fix to this?
  • KantankorasKantankoras Joined: Posts: 4

When i did it. I turn on pad open usf4 got to menu for 1p vs 2p plug in first stick. Made sure it works. Then turn on 2nd pad log into a different account then plug in 2nd stick. Both work find. I know that you cant use two commander pads idk exactly why but one will kick out the other controller.

what do you mean by commander pads?
  • Just FokuZJust FokuZ ShadowKhaN Joined: Posts: 409
    he means the hori commander controller.
    ShadowKhaN SRK
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,835
    You know the problem where you can't play online when you turn your PS4 back on from sleep mode? I've tested it just to see if that works now and it still doesn't. But instead of me going into someone's room and then disconnecting right before the match starts, I'm not just not getting any results when I search. I've heard about this issue in other games so I guess it's more than just another USF4 PS4 problem. But anyways I only tried this a few times and tried searching a dozen or so times with no results before giving up. Is that the same for you guys?
  • johnnytoxicjohnnytoxic Joined: Posts: 26
    Anyone have trouble pressing Touchpad with a fight stick?

It leaves me stuck in Challenges.
    Ariesno wrote: »

The Sonic Boom still isn't fixed??

• MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 147
    screenshots. Looks like AA and special effects have improved

BJWNTu.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/ItByVs.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/iVMO4f.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/yoKNlO.jpg

From the patch notes on the PlayStation blog:

* Note that “Press Start” isn’t a bug — it was originally left in intentionally as a tribute to Street Fighter IV’s arcade roots, but due to players’ requests, we have changed it to “Press Options.”
    That body! :p
    SFV - no main.

MAYFLASH V2 User
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 147
    Rice_Eater wrote: »
    You know the problem where you can't play online when you turn your PS4 back on from sleep mode? I've tested it just to see if that works now and it still doesn't. But instead of me going into someone's room and then disconnecting right before the match starts, I'm not just not getting any results when I search. I've heard about this issue in other games so I guess it's more than just another USF4 PS4 problem. But anyways I only tried this a few times and tried searching a dozen or so times with no results before giving up. Is that the same for you guys?

Never had that problem, this is literally my first time hearing about it.
    SFV - no main.

MAYFLASH V2 User
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042
    Feels like this version is never gonna be perfect, there's just too much shit to fix. Should've scrapped the game entirely from the Store and just port the PC version
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Just FokuZJust FokuZ ShadowKhaN Joined: Posts: 409
    You are ridiculous. The game feels better than 360.
    ShadowKhaN SRK
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,254
    Feels like this version is never gonna be perfect, there's just too much shit to fix. Should've scrapped the game entirely from the Store and just port the PC version

Given the amount of progress made that far, your post just seems silly. The patches have been rapidly improving the overall experience. If anything this situation proves the value of a good QA team. Things have progressed to quickly for there to have been a good QA job done. We basically been public beta testing the game for them.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,709
    The game is definitely playable now, it's actually pretty good.

2 Kings 2:24
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 650
    They're gonna need to find a way to at the very least streamline process of

Have you even played this game from launch until now? It's VASTLY improved and certainly tournament viable; though I don't expect to see any ps4 systems at EVO this year. It's easily comparable to the 360 version as far as actual game play is concerned...

"Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313

Given the amount of progress made that far, your post just seems silly. The patches have been rapidly improving the overall experience. If anything this situation proves the value of a good QA team. Things have progressed to quickly for there to have been a good QA job done. We basically been public beta testing the game for them.

How does it feel to pay 25$ for a beta test?
    driftlogic wrote: »
    They're gonna need to find a way to at the very least streamline process of

Have you even played this game from launch until now? It's VASTLY improved and certainly tournament viable

I'll stay on a stable and a working version, thank you very much
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • KakashiKopyKatKakashiKopyKat Joined: Posts: 35
    edited July 2015
    If your looking for "perfect" idk what to tell you. 2nd to say that the ps4 version is trash at this point your prob just being ignorant.

• RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 569
    So what is the outlook for this port? I know a lot of TOs were considering going with this as the new standard until the launch day disaster.

I know EVO and Capcom Cup will stick with the 360 version until the end of this years pro tour. Has there been any talk of switching over if the patches get the game in a playable state?
    :f::d::df:+:p:
    RX-78-3 wrote: »
    So what is the outlook for this port? I know a lot of TOs were considering going with this as the new standard until the launch day disaster.

I know EVO and Capcom Cup will stick with the 360 version until the end of this years pro tour. Has there been any talk of switching over if the patches get the game in a playable state?

That is a very good question, where does this game stand now since its patch updates & will anybody be using this port to host tournaments?
  • WargameWargame Joined: Posts: 99
    I appricate this is a silly question but I am thinking of getting rid of my 360 and getting a PS4, I only really play Street Fighter so just getting ready for V, can a Xbox 360 TE stick work on the PS4? I don't mind shelling out for the console, might trade in my 360 to part fund it but having to buy a stick as well makes the whole thing rather costly.

I have seen mention of a Titan convertor, anyone have any experience with this?
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,254
    edited July 2015
    How does it feel to pay 25$ for a beta test?

As I've stated here, at Capcom Unity, Eventhubs, and anywhere else I could leave a comment. There is no excuse for a game to be broken at launch. The only thing that pisses me off more than a broken game is stupid gamers. "It's okay, they'll patch it later" is a comment I saw all over the place. No it's NOT okay. A game is supposed to work as described at launch. The lack of QA these days in gaming is inexcusable. I think Nintendo is the only company that actually does Quality Assurance these days. WB is a joke. They botched Batman and MKX on PC. People talk about EA, Ubisoft, and Activision but WB is the worst publisher these days.
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
    edited July 2015
    That is a very good question, where does this game stand now since its patch updates & will anybody be using this port to host tournaments?

FV Cup is the first CPT event that will be using PS4.

It's a ranking event in Malaysia and takes place two weeks after EVO. It's on the same weekend as another ranking event in the UK. I think the PS4 version is great now so I expect more tournaments to follow suit after FV Cup. I expect every Premier event after EVO to also be on PS4 because it's good enough now that I think Capcom will go back to mandating it.

Interesting. Using this version as a tournament-ready release, and on a premium Capcom Pro Tour event?

I guess the organizators know what they are doing, then
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• DragonMetsuDragonMetsu twitch.tv/dragonmetsu Joined: Posts: 22
    Are we going to see 1 more patch? I really wish they'd fix the bars representation on the network. Seeing 0 bars hurts.
    edited July 2015
    Are we going to see 1 more patch? I really wish they'd fix the bars representation on the network. Seeing 0 bars hurts.
    I'm surprised that haven't been addressed yet. I totally forgot about that..maybe its because I'm mostly in a private lobby so i rarely look for rooms.
    hecz wrote: »
    What they need to patch is wifi players.
    One thing I hate about Playstation, idk why people feel the need to use Wifi especially for fighters like BRUH
  • BunkeiBunkei AlphaISM or bust Joined: Posts: 257

These people are playing on wi-fi, and when you're on wi-fi, ping requests do not get returned which is why you get the gray bars. If I hosted a PS4 lobby, I'd kick anyone on wi-fi (noob players).
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    You peoples must hate me then. I'm always on WiFi .the modem not in my room.
    Megasizer wrote: »
    Never had that problem, this is literally my first time hearing about it.

Are you saying you can put your PS4 in sleep mode with the game still on and turn it back on without restarting the game and play online without any problems? I'm asking because I can't and the same goes for many others I've talked to with the PS4 version. BTW I tested it again and I'm still getting no results when under the same circumstances I was talking about from before.
  • BunkeiBunkei AlphaISM or bust Joined: Posts: 257
    You peoples must hate me then. I'm always on WiFi .the modem not in my room.

hate is such a strong word .. perhaps "strongly detest"? Naw, but seriously, if it works for you that's fine. But for more serious players, it's a deal-breaker esp. on ranked.