USF4 On PS4

Comments

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,664
    edited May 2015
    Will Toodles' Cthulhu and PS360 work?

Never mind- I just asked Toodles if it will work and he said it should- if not he'll make it happen. Woot!
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • BiGViCBiGViC Joined: Posts: 21
    Mad respect from me Capcom! For using Lab Zero's driver! and releasing DMC4 SE! Just take my money
    "Loyalty To The End"
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 119
    Is there any way to check if there's any input latency differences between ps4 and ps3 controllers? Might end up being a deal breaker and the reason they're ok with it. Hopefully they're ok because they're nice though.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,566
    I just think they're being reasonable because the driver is available to use for free and it's a 7 year old game that they're asking people to (most likely) re-buy. It wouldn't exactly be easy to sell if you're also asking stick users to dump another 200 bucks just to play it the way they prefer.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • mowrmowr NOW LISTEN CLOSELY Joined: Posts: 6,156
    edited May 2015
    I would buy this if I wasn't so sure that the community would be even smaller than on PC, unless PS4/PS3 cross platform play is supported, which I haven't seen any word of which most likely means it's not supported.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=uCbXf6aOfF4

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Alex
    Region: United Kingdom
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,097 mod

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• AT_Ryo_SakazakiAT_Ryo_Sakazaki Joined: Posts: 364
    edited May 2015
    d3v wrote: »
    video

No sound on Akuma intro ? [first video 1:17]

and graphic artifacts on characters when the camera change on Seth's intro... [second video 5:00]

ಠ_ಠ
    Post edited by AT_Ryo_Sakazaki on
  • echomancerechomancer Joined: Posts: 285
    It looks exactly like the PS3 version.
  • john4pjohn4p Joined: Posts: 817
    edited May 2015
    If it's the Lab Zero driver, then it should support anything that the PS3 supports.
    I have two usb converters for PS1/PS2- and Saturn-controllers. They work flawlessly on PS3 and PC (no drivers required).
    Do you think they'll work with the Lab Zero driver?

edit:
    They should.
    Excellent!
    Post edited by john4p on
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,097 mod
    john4p wrote: »
    If it's the Lab Zero driver, then it should support anything that the PS3 supports.
    I have two usb converters for PS1/PS2- and Saturn-controllers. They work flawlessly on PS3 and PC (no drivers required).
    Do you think they'll work with the Lab Zero driver?
    They should.
    echomancer wrote: »
    It looks exactly like the PS3 version.
    What were you expecting?

Aside from 1080p60 and fixing the input delay, this is a straight port.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Gorbachev76Gorbachev76 Joined: Posts: 2
    I believe you can fight VS PC players on PS4.
  • Gorbachev76Gorbachev76 Joined: Posts: 2
    Correction: I was thinking of SFV.
  • pepopulopepopulo Eternal's groupi Joined: Posts: 633
    How's the connction? still as bad as ps3? (don't have the game on ps4, at least not yet, depending on answers I might even buy it, but don't really think so)
    Nueva tecnología!!!
  • kombatmedikkombatmedik Joined: Posts: 129
    pepopulo wrote: »
    How's the connction? still as bad as ps3? (don't have the game on ps4, at least not yet, depending on answers I might even buy it, but don't really think so)

it's not officially out yet. I'm wondering if it's a midnight release- they did it for Dark Souls 2, even though there was no preorder for it.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 1,988
    Anyone noticed how there is slowdown on the character select screen in the PS4 version (based on the videos at least)?
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    yeah i noticed that too all the transitions look slow mo
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • Mr__CHUCKLESMr__CHUCKLES Joined: Posts: 239
    has anyone tried there ps3 madcatz stick on ps4?
  • kaptainhammerkaptainhammer Joined: Posts: 2
    Anyone know whats goin on? this should be out to Download.. Not even a mention of it on psn netwok!!
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,652
    Games not available for pre-order usually release on Tuesday afternoon/evening on PSN. Standard procedure from what I remember.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,613
    Would be nice if someone would write up a little review regarding loading times and netcode.
    Pretty much don't see a reason to buy this, if it doesn't do anything better than the pc version.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • ranixranix Joined: Posts: 581
    Can someone confirm that you can use the bouton select just like on ps3 and xbox for plink?
    Else that suck...and major change compare to other version
    bisous
  • JaguarSleepoverJaguarSleepover Joined: Posts: 5
    The update is live in EU PSN Store! Downloading.
  • pepopulopepopulo Eternal's groupi Joined: Posts: 633
    So, people are already plying right? can someone with a ps3 stick check one thing for me? I've seen how a ps3 stick is supposed to work (ps4 pad and ps3 stick control the car at the same time) can anyone test charging stuff like holding back on the stick and forward on the pad and the sonic boom or try to and see what happens? meaby no you can do a standing sonic boom or something
    Nueva tecnología!!!
  • FrozteyFroztey Cody Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 7,568
    edited May 2015
    Is there input delay still or am I just feeling it because of the PS3 version being in the back of my mind? Idk but PC version feels more responsive, something feels off. Had one good online match and one unplayable, your name constantly overlaps your BP/PP whilst online. All menus are in slow-motion. Can't see my world rank :c but someone with 50bp on Juri was #1 lmao.
    Post edited by Froztey on
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    So, how's the netcode?
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
    edited May 2015
    Ramma wrote: »
    So, how's the netcode?

Worse than PC, better than PS3. 360 is still the king. I can't hit 1f links even with plinking, there is stutter lag, and you'll have trouble punishing most things.

You're looking at the worlds #1 E.Ryu though, Kappa.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • manila555manila555 Joined: Posts: 141
    Yeah I'm a little hesitant to buy this on PS4 because i already own USF4 on both 360 and PS3

I would definitely get it if the online experience is better than the 360. Is it really worth it??

Someone who has played online please clarify.
    XBL: Tactix555
    PSN: Tactix
    edited May 2015
    Don't get it, I'm back on PC. The game is a lot smoother and online is good. If you want to play USF4 play it on either PC/360.

This port is pretty bad all-in-all. I assume they're going to release patches later on that correct some of these issues, mainly due to the CPT being played on PS4 if I'm not mistaken.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • MegasizerMegasizer Joined: Posts: 144
    Is anybody using the Venom PS4 stick?
    SFV - Ryu, Vega, Juri.
    Learning Bison, Guile, Laura and Dhalsim

MAYFLASH V2 User
  • ThirdofOneThirdofOne Steam: ThirdofOne [UK] Joined: Posts: 62
    This is the worst port of street fighter I have ever played. :(

This was a complete waste of money.
  • manila555manila555 Joined: Posts: 141
    ThirdofOne wrote: »

Can you please say why??? I'm contemplating if i should get it or not.

XBL: Tactix555
    PSN: Tactix
  • ClamperClamper Joined: Posts: 422
    Froztey wrote: »
    Is there input delay still or am I just feeling it because of the PS3 version being in the back of my mind? Idk but PC version feels more responsive, something feels off. Had one good online match and one unplayable, your name constantly overlaps your BP/PP whilst online. All menus are in slow-motion. Can't see my world rank :c but someone with 50bp on Juri was #1 lmao.

PC version is actually faster than the 360's if you turn vsync off. And i think the PS4 version is supposed to be the same as the 360 one, so yeah, it's supposed to be slower than PC.

I'm wondering if there's extra input delay when you play with a PS3 stick though, as some people mentioned it about Mortal Kombat X.

manila555 wrote: »
    ThirdofOne wrote: »

Can you please say why??? I'm contemplating if i should get it or not.

The menus move at like 1/4 the speed they originally operate at.
    There seems to be no form of AF (anisotropic filtering) giving this weird blurry look.
    Moves seem to have a delay although I have no proof of this other people seem to say the same thing.
    The textures for the menus also seem to be ripped from the PS3 version.

This is the version they will use for EVO so a fix might/should be delivered ASAP hopefully, but as for its state currently I say wait.

• FHHFHH Joined: Posts: 2
    How are you supposed to press the touch pad in training mode on an arcade stick? Am I missing something?
    FHH wrote: »
    How are you supposed to press the touch pad in training mode on an arcade stick? Am I missing something?
    Some sticks have a touch pad button while others don't :/
  • RainRain Mr Inactive Joined: Posts: 59 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2015
    FHH wrote: »

Select worked for me on a PS3 stick. But if you're using a PS4 stick... Sorry, I have no idea.
    360: King of Fanta
    Ps3: King_of_Fanta
  • DARTHLORD_SVDARTHLORD_SV Joined: Posts: 31
    Rain: I dont have the USF4 game but in MKX work for me the SHARE button when i play whit my ps4 stick
  • FHHFHH Joined: Posts: 2
    There doesn't seem to be a way to do it with a TE2. It's not a huge deal but seems pretty stupid from a design perspective considering there is the option to pick a stick as an input source in the options menu.
  • AKUMA2000AKUMA2000 RAGING DEMON DISTRIBUTOR Joined: Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2015
    On the PS4 madcatz stick, the start/option button
  • SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 523
    edited May 2015
    The port is not good,lots of issues and slow down at the menus. Also, I think it does not contain the latest update because I tried the new moves that was added to omega and couldn't perform them.

Online is an shambles, some matches ok, some are completely weird and make you miss inputs, the player names placed awkwardly and disappear in the score screen when points are distributed. There is something off about the port.

I would say wait for patches because it is definitely coming, this version is definitely not the best at this stage.

In other unrelated topic, I am top now yay me. Now I am gonna enjoy my five seconds of fame xD
    The port atm is indeed garbage. For anyone wondering about buying it; don't.

Online - Very bad.
    Input Delay/Something feeling strange about inputs? This doesn't feel like PC USF4 or 360.
    Menus are operating at about 1/4th of their intended speed.
    The general graphical quality hasn't been improved, you'd expect some sort of AA'ing just to spruce the look up a little.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • colguilecolguile EX for Xbox Live! Joined: Posts: 567
    Holy jesus.

Can you guys who have it tell me if the input delay is better or worse than shitty MKX?
    Muff Daddy Wrote: Just stop complaining and continue to ride this crazy train you guys. Your complaints are all a part of Aizen's plan.
    lmao had a dream yesterday that Captain America went black face to infiltrate Wakanda, Samuel Jackson broke character and was mad as hell, walked off set saying fuck you to everyone.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,075
    Damn, wish I would have read this thread before downloading. This is pathetic.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,785
    Well, fuck. I'm only like 20 minutes away from my download finishing. That is pretty bad.
  • Darkcloud20Darkcloud20 Joined: Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    I agree with everyone else. This port is straight garbage.

-Menus are incredibly laggy.
    -RIDICULOUS amounts of input lag OFFLINE. Gotta be at least 3-4 frames of lag.
    Looks like Capcom "fixed" the PS3 lag by adding another 3 frames of it.

-Connection bars don't even show everybody's ping half the time. Just shows 0 bars for everyone.
    -They couldn't even bother to re do some of the assets. Country flags, READY bar, etc are obviously still in 720p and look like shit stretched to 1080p.

I knew I shoulda waited for peoples reviews on the port before I bought it. What a waste of money.
  • JurielJuriel Joined: Posts: 27
    Holy crap. I knew not to expect too much from this, since they never fixed the PS3 input lag or netcode, but this sounds like Capcom is trolling now.
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited May 2015
    For those reporting lag, are you on ps3 sticks. Because on MKX using the driver I tested my ps4 stick and ps3 stick by picking the same character and hitting the same attack and the ps4 stick was faster every time. Not very scientific but lag is either related to the driver, stick or more likely the dual shock 4. Don't know if you guys have noticed this, but the more ds4 you plug and play on a ps4 the more input lag you feel ( something close to 2 frames).

Also is this digital only or will a physical copy come out at a future date?
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • Galactica727Galactica727 Joined: Posts: 64
    edited May 2015
    Do not buy this!
    -Worse graphics than PC
    -Worse online than PC/360
    -Eventhub is reporting that this is an older version of the game based on 1.04 & decapre's teleport seems to be slower
    -Set-up for using 2 players with ps3 sticks is a huge hassle. I can see this being a problem at tourneys.
    -Menu slowdowns. Weak presentation
    -Blurry stages with no AF and weaker anti-aliasing than PC.
    -Missing sounds in pre-fight intros with akuma in particular
    -Input lags seem to be back. Capcom lied?
    -Tournament standard huh? LOL

This is a botched release, and if capcom has to patch it, it only portrays them in a bad light, since they could not get it to work 100% at launch. They released an unfinished mess, like it or not.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,613
    This fucking company...
    If it takes them as long as it took them to fix the goddamn pc version, good luck at Evo boys...
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 523
    Are you sure guys it is Capcom that supervising the port ? I thought this port is Sony's work.