Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• HotsggHotsgg Joined: Posts: 64
    Virtua fighter series is 3D, for Vf is better a Korean stick like tekken?
  • FabamaFabama Progenitor of the walk forward EX Grim Reaper Joined: Posts: 25
    @HotsGG It's all about preference, mostly. I play Tekken regularly and only really feel comfortable playing on a Fanta, but other 3D games like VF5 and SC2 I can play with either Korean or Japanese sticks. The movement in VF isn't as demanding in terms of constant execution as Tekken IMO, so I'd say just go with the stick you like the most.
    Tekken is a pretty cool game.
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 373
    That new Magicstick that was posted a few pages back has it's own proprietary PS4 board and joystick

Untitled_2.jpg

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=744456771
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,701
    el greco wrote: »
    That new Magicstick that was posted a few pages back has it's own proprietary PS4 board and joystick

http://s8.postimg.org/d0pz3qklh/Untitled_2.jpg

The base and gate makes it look like a clone of a Seimitsu joystick
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,867
    edited December 2015
    Cool that someone is offering international shipping. Too bad it doesn't look like you can install a full Korean lever like older models of the Magicstick. Also noticed that the normal M5 model is available atm.

Checked the seller and they are selling a XB1/PS4/360/PS3 converter from Gammac (the people who did that weird KOFXIII stick). Checked some rough translations and it seems it requires authentication for use.
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 319
    Darksakul wrote: »
    el greco wrote: »

http://s8.postimg.org/d0pz3qklh/Untitled_2.jpg

The base and gate makes it look like a clone of a Seimitsu joystick

It really -is- a seimitsu chinese clone, so it's not proprietary (same thing for Torii fightstick PCBs) . There is also a variation using the same transparent plastic body, a transparent shaft cover (+balltop) and double or triple connector pcb (2x5 pin and optional 1x2pin) for variable led illumination. http://postimg.org/image/4cfs9tial/ http://postimg.org/image/5itki5gpp/ http://postimg.org/image/hq1px14r7/ Man, a proprietary clone style stick wouldn't be so hard to design (with better materials+tighter tolerances +better finish) , it's just far more affordable to pick a random wobbly one out of a wholesale catalog and rebrand it....
    One question: is there more travel distance from center of the Stick to hit direction in Sanwa Stick or in fanta myung?
  • SoJoDragonSoJoDragon Joined: Posts: 21
    According to Kowal's website Myoungshin Fanta has 9mm engage and the JLF is 5.75mm.
    Mmm a lot of difference
    I'm not familiar with them, but I know Crown has a variety of models with different actuator sizes. The larger the actuator, the shorter the engage and throw distance.
    edited December 2015
    ohhh okk
    The Crown 307 has a larger actuator then the past Crown models, so theoretically it should have a shorter/faster engage then a stock Myoungshin Fanta. I have never owned a Crown 307 so I can not give you an opinion on it. If you are looking for lever with a short engage/throw check out Seimitsu's LS series.
    edited December 2015
    if I buy a mad catz te2, is hard change the stick with a seimitsu ls-56? I am totally noob..isn't there machine pre-maded with semitsu stick?
    Here is a video regarding TE2 and LS-56.

• MeshuggahMeshuggah Joined: Posts: 11
    It looks interesting, is that from Crown? Any specs on the red grommet?
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 373
    I can't read Korean and the translation sites won't work on images. But, the best I can gather is that the one with the red grommet FLF-ST is called the "soft" version and it has ISTmall listed as the manufacture like the "Airbag" so it's not directly from Crown.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,867
    edited January 2016
    That's IST's attempt to sorta mimic what Crown recently done with the silicone tension and the more Japanese-style levers. Too bad they don't want to sell it outside Korea.
  • gfmoneygfmoney Joined: Posts: 11
    Hey guys anyone have experience with the Crown 303FK? I was curious in testing it out. I have the standard Hayabusa I love it but I'm curious in testing a more stiff rubber model so I don't need to worry as much being soft with it.
    I own a 303-FK and personally was not impressed with it at all. I much prefer the traditional Korean collar, and build quality of the Myoungshin. If you like the Hayabusa I wouldn't worry about breaking it under normal playing conditions, it is a built pretty tough. Another thing to note is that the feel of a Korean lever is very different in contrast to a Japanese. Only way to know if you like the feel of a K stick is to try one out yourself.
  • gfmoneygfmoney Joined: Posts: 11
    True. I'm not brute with it at all, it's just I spend a lot of time in training doing clean motions but in the heat of the match I noticed sometimes I let that go away and ride the gate a bit (just a pet peeve I guess). And since the rubber "eliminates" the problem I was curious of your opinions. Hmm if the Myoungshin is better I'm not gonna follow the idea through just to try a K lever (since they're not compatible). Thanks!
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,613
    You could get a Crown 303-FK with the Fanta Upgrade Kit from Focus Attack. That or take a step drill to make a bigger joystick hole for an actual Fanta.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,701
    @d3v, if you haven't done so can we add this thread to the list of links on the Intro thread Please?
    Thank you.

• AmaroqqAmaroqq Joined: Posts: 15
    Do people use Korean joysticks in anime games? I am yet to see any pro blazblue, guilty gear, or uniel player use them.
    I use Korean levers in anything but because I am accustomed to using them. Some people I assume use Korean came out of the Tekken scene. I guess most anime players don't really use them because they don't really care for Korea's tech but probably wouldn't mind using. There are probably a very small minority out there who play anime games in Korean levers
    I also have another question. I currently have a MADCATZ fightstick pro, and i was wondering what the best Korean joystick was to put into there. Ive checked on focus attack and the crown ones look pretty good, but there are also the fantas from etokki. And once i get one of these, would i need to get anything else like cable adapters or anything of the sort?
    Amaroqq wrote: »
    I also have another question. I currently have a MADCATZ fightstick pro, and i was wondering what the best Korean joystick was to put into there. Ive checked on focus attack and the crown ones look pretty good, but there are also the fantas from etokki. And once i get one of these, would i need to get anything else like cable adapters or anything of the sort?

Page one of this thread does have a guide. It breaks down what can and can not be compatible with Japanese joystick mounts.
    You will need a wire harness adapter or if you are handy you can splice new wiring.
    Best Japanese mount korean stick easily available now is the 307ST on focus attack. It's not horribly expensive, it's worth a try IMO.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,613
    Meshuggah wrote: »
    Best Japanese mount korean stick easily available now is the 307ST on focus attack. It's not horribly expensive, it's worth a try IMO.

Better than a 303FK with a Fanta kit?
    That's the only korean stick I have, so I can't comment on that. The consensus seems to be the 307 being an improvement over the 303.
    And you can use a fanta kit with the 307 if you want to. I have the kit but haven't tried it yet, I'll report about it if I have the time to install it this WE.
    Darksakul wrote: »

Page one of this thread does have a guide. It breaks down what can and can not be compatible with Japanese joystick mounts.
    You will need a wire harness adapter or if you are handy you can splice new wiring.

So would the adapter i can get off of focus attack suffice?
    Omg I was on the place the sells saulubi's website and fight sticks are 33 yon??!!! That is 27 USD!! Id imagine shipping is expensive but holy shit you could probably get it for 60 USD or something. Am I just reading this wrong or is this actually true? O_o
    Omg I was on the place the sells saulubi's website and fight sticks are 33 yon??!!! That is 27 USD!! Id imagine shipping is expensive but holy shit you could probably get it for 60 USD or something. Am I just reading this wrong or is this actually true? O_o

I mean 33k yon XD
    They don't sell outside Korea, so good luck with that. ;)
  • Angry AbelAngry Abel Joined: Posts: 387
    I seen one of those in my (former) local shop and they looked real cheap. Like something you'd use with an Amstrad.
    ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 319
    That's IST's attempt to sorta mimic what Crown recently done with the silicone tension and the more Japanese-style levers. Too bad they don't want to sell it outside Korea.

You're right, except that IST is using a myoungshin-fanta format for their own clones, suffices to look at the shape of the grommets.
    OTOH it's good to see they offer in the lever parts section all the variants of recent crown grommets , including the 309, but unfortunately they don't give a rat's ass about overseas sales.
    If this doesn't change, it would be nice to deal with forum members who live in Korea.
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST In Jimmy G We Trust Joined: Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2016
    Just recently purchased @wazwuz last fanta upgrade kit for my taeyoung fanta. And so far it has improved my game a lot. Thanks again!

But I keep hearing about these Thailand switches being best for fantas. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some?

Edit. Matsushita AM51630C69N
    Post edited by CUTWEST on
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 119
    Just my 2 cents...

I own both Crown's 303 fk & 307f.
    Lately I've been messing with the 303. Trying the stock switches, trying the fanta upgrade switches (from FA), and trying the stock switches from the 307 (matsushita's).
    My personal preference of switches that I favored (for both 303 and 307) the most was the Matsushita's.

-Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 119
    edited January 2016
    Here's 2 more cents...

So after finding which switches I preferred the most. I figured why not change the rubber grommet out. I didn't mind the way it felt but I figured since I bought the Fanta upgrade kit, might as well go the whole 9 yards for the sake of review...

Once opening my 303 , I come to find the rubber grommet that came in it inside it is white. Resemblance of the silicone ones that come in a 307ST. I didn't know these came with the 303's also. I replaced it anyways, and in the process, the white grommet felt stiffer.

Once I swapped it out with the ASI grommet, the tension is definitely less than the white one that came stock on my 303.

16jgd90.jpg
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.