Korean arcade parts discussion

1202123252673

Comments

  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 19
    I began work again on 3D printed actuators. Just using 3D Builder on Windows 10, I created a template for the Crown 303 actuator. I modified it a bit and sent variation files to Shapeways for testing. The changes were mostly shaft hole size to determine if I needed to make it larger or smaller.

    It was a lot accurate than the printing service I worked with a while back. I then ordered a steel version of the template which should be close to Crown's design. Hopefully it feels like the Green lever actuator when touching the switches. Unlike my previous 3D files, which I didn't release, I feel more confident in uploading this soon.

    Also I will try to get to work with measuring the parts of the Myoungshin Fanta and its variants, not including the Green lever of course.
    dokky wrote: »
    Hey guys which of the Crown levers is most similar to the Myoungshin Fanta stick? I've been reading up and most people seem to say the 309 is the best or would I be better off with the 303? I'd like to try a Korean stick to see how I like them!

    If you are talking about the normal Korean versions, the 309 is good. If you are new to em, a 309 is a good starting off point due to the relatively light tension.

    If it's the Japanese models, specifically the MJ ones on Makestick, then the 309MJ should be fine although the 303MJ in this case is sort of similar. Big difference is the smaller actuator on the 303MJ.
  • dokkydokky Joined: Posts: 14
    If you are talking about the normal Korean versions, the 309 is good. If you are new to em, a 309 is a good starting off point due to the relatively light tension.

    If it's the Japanese models, specifically the MJ ones on Makestick, then the 309MJ should be fine although the 303MJ in this case is sort of similar. Big difference is the smaller actuator on the 303MJ.

    Yep will be wanting the Japanese mounting plate to place in a Madcatz TE stick. Would this 309MJ fit perfectly?
    http://istmall.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=9992437&category=028

    Thanks again!
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    dokky wrote: »
    Yep will be wanting the Japanese mounting plate to place in a Madcatz TE stick. Would this 309MJ fit perfectly?
    http://istmall.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=9992437&category=028

    Thanks again!

    It should be able to fit.
  • AmaroqqAmaroqq Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey guys, I just wanted to know if I could fit a Myoungshin Fanta or a Crown joystick into my madcatz fightstick pro(ps3). I have looked online, and found one person that said you cannot fit the Fanta into the stick. Can anyone confirm this, and tell me more about this stuff. Thanks!
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 169
    @Amaroqq The Fanta won't fit unless you drill a bigger hole on your fight stick. The Crown 309MJ might fight depending on how much room you have inside of the stick.
  • AmaroqqAmaroqq Joined: Posts: 15
    rbuniao wrote: »
    @Amaroqq The Fanta won't fit unless you drill a bigger hole on your fight stick. The Crown 309MJ might fight depending on how much room you have inside of the stick.
    Hmm, would drilling a bigger hole be super difficult lol
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    edited February 19
    Tensho wrote: »
    No, they used thicker plexi for years, the early models had that problem and they fixed it.



    not quite 1/32" (which warps too easily) but we'll see how well this holds.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    edited February 19
    Tensho wrote: »
    No, they used thicker plexi for years, the early models had that problem and they fixed it.



    not quite 1/32" (which warps too easily) but we'll see how well this holds.

    Let me know how it goes once you get it.

  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    Amaroqq wrote: »
    Hmm, would drilling a bigger hole be super difficult lol

    As long as you make the hole around 35mm-35.5mm, you should be ok if you are using a normal Korean lever. As for proper mounting, you might need to use a Kowal universal plate. Replace the original plate with the Kowal one and install it like normal.
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    I began work again on 3D printed actuators. Just using 3D Builder on Windows 10, I created a template for the Crown 303 actuator. I modified it a bit and sent variation files to Shapeways for testing. The changes were mostly shaft hole size to determine if I needed to make it larger or smaller.

    It was a lot accurate than the printing service I worked with a while back. I then ordered a steel version of the template which should be close to Crown's design. Hopefully it feels like the Green lever actuator when touching the switches. Unlike my previous 3D files, which I didn't release, I feel more confident in uploading this soon.

    Also I will try to get to work with measuring the parts of the Myoungshin Fanta and its variants, not including the Green lever of course.
    dokky wrote: »
    Hey guys which of the Crown levers is most similar to the Myoungshin Fanta stick? I've been reading up and most people seem to say the 309 is the best or would I be better off with the 303? I'd like to try a Korean stick to see how I like them!

    If you are talking about the normal Korean versions, the 309 is good. If you are new to em, a 309 is a good starting off point due to the relatively light tension.

    If it's the Japanese models, specifically the MJ ones on Makestick, then the 309MJ should be fine although the 303MJ in this case is sort of similar. Big difference is the smaller actuator on the 303MJ.

    Aren't there pictures of the Green Lever you can base your 3D designs off of? After i get my airbag lever, I might try out that metal actuator. Doesn't @kkolding have a Green Lever. Is there a way you could get him involved in the making of the actuator. @hibachifinal said that he need a durometer to make his chart on Koreanlevers. Maybe we could try to get together to make all this happen.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 21
    Aren't there pictures of the Green Lever you can base your 3D designs off of? After i get my airbag lever, I might try out that metal actuator. Doesn't @kkolding have a Green Lever. Is there a way you could get him involved in the making of the actuator. @hibachifinal said that he need a durometer to make his chart on Koreanlevers. Maybe we could try to get together to make all this happen.

    I will get to doing a Myoungshin Fanta actuator template eventually. It will be based on the older smaller actuator, not the one found nowadays.

    I already have a tool to measure the stuff which I will work on sooner or later. As for the more prominent parts for the Green lever, I can make possible measurements to the top, shaft and actuator based on pics. I do not want to make 3D designs of them though though because I think it's better if someone like @wazwuz or the parts webstores can help make those parts at a cheaper fashion. Also the Crown 303 actuator I ordered to be made in steel was pricey for something small.
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    How does the joystick feel with a metal actuator? Is it worth it? If the Green Lever has one I think it might improve performance or they could use a cheaper plastic actuator.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 22
    How does the joystick feel with a metal actuator? Is it worth it? If the Green Lever has one I think it might improve performance or they could use a cheaper plastic actuator.

    I didn't get it yet. Still in production phase. Probably a couple of more days until it comes.

    At least from using the Green lever, the actuator does really feel different from using a plastic one. It feels metal clashing more or less. Maybe the material makes the switches trigger better than if it was on a plastic actuator? Since most Korean levers I tried and that's out there have plastic actuators, a metal one is still a mystery to me.

    During random searching about the Green lever in hangul (which resulted in mostly nothing), I found a pic of the old version of it. This was used during the Tekken 6 days and was featured in the original Tekken Crash seasons. Looks pretty stock but with the Panasonic switches. Probably after IST released their Airbag lever which is similar, Green had to design something new.

    JwZzFlB.jpg
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Just got a bunch of Silicone Grommets from @wazwuz 40a, 50a, and 60a! Just cause I wanted to try them all!

    Going to be testing this in a regular Myoungshin, Myoungshin Airbag, and Taeyoung Fanta...

    Details later. :3

    He was working on metal actuators too which I wished he made for public. I felt like if anybody were to make custom Korean parts, it would be him.

    If he was able to borrow RTech's (Tekken player from Indonesia) Green lever, then we could have got a similar design or at least have a set of parts.
    rbuniao wrote: »
    Damn I want to try those silicone grommets on my newly acquired Fanta

    The closest thing for now is using the FLF grommet. It's pretty light though when using it on a normal Myoungshin Fanta.

    For metal actuator, I think it is not good idea. I have try to make it from aluminium and after a day it start make some noise, i learn that the shaft metal actuator is against the microswitch metal actuator. And metal vs metal is not good. So i try using the hardest polymer i can get, which is POM, and it works well. (I use lathe machine to make the actuator)

    Great idea, if you want green lever fanta so bad, I can try to ask Rtech to lend me his fanta, with the tools i have in my workshop, i think i can imitate it. Could you tell me how much the demmand for green lever?
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Just got a bunch of Silicone Grommets from @wazwuz 40a, 50a, and 60a! Just cause I wanted to try them all!

    Going to be testing this in a regular Myoungshin, Myoungshin Airbag, and Taeyoung Fanta...

    Details later. :3

    Let me know what do you think? If it is good, I can offer it to focus attack and make it easier to get for US.

    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Just got a bunch of Silicone Grommets from @wazwuz 40a, 50a, and 60a! Just cause I wanted to try them all!

    Going to be testing this in a regular Myoungshin, Myoungshin Airbag, and Taeyoung Fanta...

    Details later. :3

    He was working on metal actuators too which I wished he made for public. I felt like if anybody were to make custom Korean parts, it would be him.

    If he was able to borrow RTech's (Tekken player from Indonesia) Green lever, then we could have got a similar design or at least have a set of parts.
    rbuniao wrote: »
    Damn I want to try those silicone grommets on my newly acquired Fanta

    The closest thing for now is using the FLF grommet. It's pretty light though when using it on a normal Myoungshin Fanta.

    For metal actuator, I think it is not good idea. I have try to make it from aluminium and after a day it start make some noise, i learn that the shaft metal actuator is against the microswitch metal actuator. And metal vs metal is not good. So i try using the hardest polymer i can get, which is POM, and it works well. (I use lathe machine to make the actuator)

    Great idea, if you want green lever fanta so bad, I can try to ask Rtech to lend me his fanta, with the tools i have in my workshop, i think i can imitate it. Could you tell me how much the demmand for green lever?

    I wouldn't be surprised if Green used similar material for the actuator.

    I know a couple of us in this thread, especially me, want to try out the lever or even a replica of sorts. From a design perspective, it's unique from the rest. A lot of people watch Green's Twitch channel on a daily basis and if promoted well, people might want to know what the fuss is about.

    A set of the necessary parts might be the best way to sell it so owners of a normal Fanta can easily change it themselves.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    I'd be interested in trying a green lever or replica of sorts @wazwuz as well....
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 163
    @wazwuz

    I took a week to try out the grommets I received, and the results were quite nice!

    I ordered all three ASI Silicone grommet offerings. This was the 40a, 50a, and 60a Grommets. I also have the red silicone grommet from the IST FLF which I'll include as well in this write up. When I tested these, I used a Myoungshin Fanta Airbag with the Matsuhita switches. Knowing that it will make the stick very touchy and prone to deflection.

    Red FLF Grommet:
    This grommet is VERY loose. I was trying out this grommet with the Tekken player Kodee. I personally think this is is a little too loose for my taste, but to Kodee, he prefers it. If you desire a very soft feel on a traditional Korean lever, this would be the loosest you can find available. Its not on Makestick on its own so youll have to find a connection to get one as I think Rohan is leaving... (Check my sources, Im not sure on this.) According to feel, it feels like its in the mid to low 30-ish range for Shore A hardness.

    ASI 40a Grommet:
    This grommet is pretty loose. If you are heavy handed, you wont feel much of a difference between this and the Red FLF grommet from IST. Getting your plastic insert on to this grommet is fairly easy. Performance-wise, I will be able to play on this tension pretty quickly, but as a side effect of being light, you will get deflection if you flick and toss it around. This tension is pretty good since its loose, but it will still follow your commands.

    ASI 50a Grommet:
    This one would be my personal preference, and was recommended by wazwuz. Although its Shore A 50, when its installed, it feels like a nicely broken in Myoungshin without having to churn the butter for hours on end. Knowing that it will stay this way for the most part is great, because it wont be too stiff brand new, and when its old, its not straight up blown out. Return to neutral is nice and quick, and its enough tension to not feel the resistance and click of the microswitches. Playing with this in my airbag, made me not worry about deflection, or rogue inputs, and the feel of a silicone grommet has a uniform tension all around which is very nice. Its smooth as butter!

    ASI 60a Grommet:
    If you own an old Taeyoung Fanta and you miss the old glory days, this grommet would be it. It provides a feel of a broken in well loved Taeyoung Fanta, and brings new life to it if you own one, cause admit it... If you own one now, its got a good amount of years on it and the rubber is hard and brittle. Pretty much unplayable. I put it in my Myoungshin to play on first. If you prefer a stiffer stick, but not brand new/dirt old Taeyoung thatll break your wrist, this is the perfect tension. I used to prefer Taeyoungs so from this standpoint, its great for those who prefer that kind of stiffness. I put it in my Taeyoung that I got way back in 2006, and it felt like it did after I put a good amount of mileage on it. Nice and nimble, it'll bring you on a nostalgia trip. Lol

    In conclusion, I can say that I can see why all the revered modified Korean sticks moved from a latex to silicone grommet. The feel of it is different, but its a good kind of different. There is a definite difference between 50a Latex and 50a Silicone. The feel is consistent all the way through the range of motion, and finding that perfect tension after the break in period is a task in itself. Nobody wants to fight for their inputs, but you dont want to give up that neutral snap. These silicone grommets are awesome, and wazwuz has a great product offering here.

    I hope this write up is helpful to everyone!

    -Call2Arms
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    edited February 23
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Just got a bunch of Silicone Grommets from @wazwuz 40a, 50a, and 60a! Just cause I wanted to try them all!

    Going to be testing this in a regular Myoungshin, Myoungshin Airbag, and Taeyoung Fanta...

    Details later. :3
    I know a couple of us in this thread, especially me, want to try out the lever or even a replica of sorts. From a design perspective, it's unique from the rest. A lot of people watch Green's Twitch channel on a daily basis and if promoted well, people might want to know what the fuss is about.

    A set of the necessary parts might be the best way to sell it so owners of a normal Fanta can easily change it themselves.

    I have contacting Rtech and make some offer to him to lend me his stick. I live in different state so we have to find time when he is not using his stick and send it to me.
    About a year ago, actually i mod (pcb upgrade) Rtech stick (omni) which has green lever on it, I dont see any different in construction, and it has switches support like airbag, so i think i can use fanta airbag as base, and make some custom parts (grommets and actuator) to imitate the green lever.
    slaycruz wrote: »
    I'd be interested in trying a green lever or replica of sorts @wazwuz as well....

    If there more than 10 person interested in this project, i will consider it. Of course if i can get green lever on my hand to replicate. But i know Rtech and he is a nice dude. I think this is the perfect moment, because when t7 released, there is now way he will send me his stick, he will use it every day :D
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    @wazwuz

    I took a week to try out the grommets I received, and the results were quite nice!

    I ordered all three ASI Silicone grommet offerings. This was the 40a, 50a, and 60a Grommets. I also have the red silicone grommet from the IST FLF which I'll include as well in this write up. When I tested these, I used a Myoungshin Fanta Airbag with the Matsuhita switches. Knowing that it will make the stick very touchy and prone to deflection.

    Red FLF Grommet:
    This grommet is VERY loose. I was trying out this grommet with the Tekken player Kodee. I personally think this is is a little too loose for my taste, but to Kodee, he prefers it. If you desire a very soft feel on a traditional Korean lever, this would be the loosest you can find available. Its not on Makestick on its own so youll have to find a connection to get one as I think Rohan is leaving... (Check my sources, Im not sure on this.) According to feel, it feels like its in the mid to low 30-ish range for Shore A hardness.

    ASI 40a Grommet:
    This grommet is pretty loose. If you are heavy handed, you wont feel much of a difference between this and the Red FLF grommet from IST. Getting your plastic insert on to this grommet is fairly easy. Performance-wise, I will be able to play on this tension pretty quickly, but as a side effect of being light, you will get deflection if you flick and toss it around. This tension is pretty good since its loose, but it will still follow your commands.

    ASI 50a Grommet:
    This one would be my personal preference, and was recommended by wazwuz. Although its Shore A 50, when its installed, it feels like a nicely broken in Myoungshin without having to churn the butter for hours on end. Knowing that it will stay this way for the most part is great, because it wont be too stiff brand new, and when its old, its not straight up blown out. Return to neutral is nice and quick, and its enough tension to not feel the resistance and click of the microswitches. Playing with this in my airbag, made me not worry about deflection, or rogue inputs, and the feel of a silicone grommet has a uniform tension all around which is very nice. Its smooth as butter!

    ASI 60a Grommet:
    If you own an old Taeyoung Fanta and you miss the old glory days, this grommet would be it. It provides a feel of a broken in well loved Taeyoung Fanta, and brings new life to it if you own one, cause admit it... If you own one now, its got a good amount of years on it and the rubber is hard and brittle. Pretty much unplayable. I put it in my Myoungshin to play on first. If you prefer a stiffer stick, but not brand new/dirt old Taeyoung thatll break your wrist, this is the perfect tension. I used to prefer Taeyoungs so from this standpoint, its great for those who prefer that kind of stiffness. I put it in my Taeyoung that I got way back in 2006, and it felt like it did after I put a good amount of mileage on it. Nice and nimble, it'll bring you on a nostalgia trip. Lol

    In conclusion, I can say that I can see why all the revered modified Korean sticks moved from a latex to silicone grommet. The feel of it is different, but its a good kind of different. There is a definite difference between 50a Latex and 50a Silicone. The feel is consistent all the way through the range of motion, and finding that perfect tension after the break in period is a task in itself. Nobody wants to fight for their inputs, but you dont want to give up that neutral snap. These silicone grommets are awesome, and wazwuz has a great product offering here.

    I hope this write up is helpful to everyone!

    -Call2Arms

    Great this is very usefull review, easy to understand, yet give readers insight about the grommet, I will share it on my page. Thank you for your time.

    I supprised that actually you like the 60, When i test the 60 for first time, actually i think it was fail. I never use taeyong before, now i know that 60 will have some purpose by replacing taeyong :D

    50 is my favorite too, it has the perfect balance. I use it in my fanta airbag.

    40 is alternative for those who like light tension.

    I agreed, silicone is more uniform than latex. My main business is making custom rubber part everyday. I can tell you that latex is from nature and nature is very unpredictable, thats why you sometimes can get slightly different tension on directions, because it was the nature. The other hand, silicone is synthetic material (polymer), so We can manipulate the properties. Thats why silicone is more uniform/standart.

    What do you think if I offer it as a package (40, 50, 60). I can ask focusattack to bring this to US.
    If anyone insterested, let me know. Since the MOQ is 100set, i have to make sure focusattack can sell it well.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    i'm always interested in myoungshin mods, so count me in. +1

    on that note, i think selling it as a set is the way to go.
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Just got a bunch of Silicone Grommets from @wazwuz 40a, 50a, and 60a! Just cause I wanted to try them all!

    Going to be testing this in a regular Myoungshin, Myoungshin Airbag, and Taeyoung Fanta...

    Details later. :3

    He was working on metal actuators too which I wished he made for public. I felt like if anybody were to make custom Korean parts, it would be him.

    If he was able to borrow RTech's (Tekken player from Indonesia) Green lever, then we could have got a similar design or at least have a set of parts.
    rbuniao wrote: »
    Damn I want to try those silicone grommets on my newly acquired Fanta

    The closest thing for now is using the FLF grommet. It's pretty light though when using it on a normal Myoungshin Fanta.

    Bad news. Rtech just tell me that he have to ask permission from Nin (top korean tekken player). Since Nin is the one who gave him green lever. I respect that, and hope that Nin will allow it. Without green lever in my hand. This project is going nowhere :(.

    But don't worry, the soul of fanta stick is in the grommet. I can still provide this community with some custom silicone grommet if you want to. Or maybe make some actuator using different material.
    I heard that bronze is self lubricating metal. This will be perfect for metal vs metal. What do you think?.
    If we can't get the green lever. At least we can try to make supperior mod for fanta stick and give options to the market.

    There will be no perfect fanta stick (even the mysterious green lever). Everyone have it's own preferences, and if we can provide more options (custom grommet and acuator. Switch is relatively easy to get), then every player can have his own perfect fanta stick. :) cheers.

    Btw. Rtech asked me, how do you know him?
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 23
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Just got a bunch of Silicone Grommets from @wazwuz 40a, 50a, and 60a! Just cause I wanted to try them all!

    Going to be testing this in a regular Myoungshin, Myoungshin Airbag, and Taeyoung Fanta...

    Details later. :3

    He was working on metal actuators too which I wished he made for public. I felt like if anybody were to make custom Korean parts, it would be him.

    If he was able to borrow RTech's (Tekken player from Indonesia) Green lever, then we could have got a similar design or at least have a set of parts.
    rbuniao wrote: »
    Damn I want to try those silicone grommets on my newly acquired Fanta

    The closest thing for now is using the FLF grommet. It's pretty light though when using it on a normal Myoungshin Fanta.

    Bad news. Rtech just tell me that he have to ask permission from Nin (top korean tekken player). Since Nin is the one who gave him green lever. I respect that, and hope that Nin will allow it. Without green lever in my hand. This project is going nowhere :(.

    But don't worry, the soul of fanta stick is in the grommet. I can still provide this community with some custom silicone grommet if you want to. Or maybe make some actuator using different material.
    I heard that bronze is self lubricating metal. This will be perfect for metal vs metal. What do you think?.
    If we can't get the green lever. At least we can try to make supperior mod for fanta stick and give options to the market.

    There will be no perfect fanta stick (even the mysterious green lever). Everyone have it's own preferences, and if we can provide more options (custom grommet and acuator. Switch is relatively easy to get), then every player can have his own perfect fanta stick. :) cheers.

    Btw. Rtech asked me, how do you know him?

    Oh wow. I think Nin probably would say no anyways. Even when I asked him directly and indirectly, he didn't want to provide one. Almost got one from Knee but there were multiple reasons why it didn't happen.

    While you can't measure it directly, I do have this gallery with all the core parts which is the closest thing at this point. The shaft's upper part has a smaller diameter so longer throw distance. I think it's the same measurement as the shaft's bottom half with the middle part being the old size so it can touch the grommet base. The top might be slightly fatter too. There is also a two piece stabilizer for the switches but that might not matter too significantly for performance. I do understand if you don't want to risk it but at the least you have a good idea of what makes it different.

    I don't know Rtech but I remember seeing his Etokki Omni on YouTube and later tracing it to a couple of pictures on the ASI Facebook and realizing that he has the Green Lever. Also saw pics of it on IndoTekken FB if I remember correctly.

    After reading @Call2Arms opinions on your silicone grommets, I am very interested in trying them when they are available. The 40 might be the sweet spot for me. I don't mind if the grommets are sold as a package.
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    edited February 23

    Oh wow. I think Nin probably would say no anyways. Even when I asked him directly and indirectly, he didn't want to provide one. Almost got one from Knee but there were multiple reasons why it didn't happen.

    While you can't measure it directly, I do have this gallery with all the core parts which is the closest thing at this point. The shaft's upper part has a smaller diameter so longer throw distance. I think it's the same measurement as the shaft's bottom half with the middle part being the old size so it can touch the grommet base. The top might be slightly fatter too. There is also a two piece stabilizer for the switches but that might not matter too significantly for performance. I do understand if you don't want to risk it but at the least you have a good idea of what makes it different.

    I don't know Rtech but I remember seeing his Etokki Omni on YouTube and later tracing it to a couple of pictures on the ASI Facebook and realizing that he has the Green Lever. Also saw pics of it on IndoTekken FB if I remember correctly.

    After reading @Call2Arms opinions on your silicone grommets, I am very interested in trying them when they are available. The 40 might be the sweet spot for me. I don't mind if the grommets are sold as a package.

    yes, I'm Afraid Nin would say NO.

    BUT this is the fun part, your image galley tells a lot for me. I do Reverse Engineering everyday in my job, and using your image galley I can duplicate it, piece of cake :p.
    Here is what I notice:

    Shaft : it have smaller diameter like the bottom part just like you said. I can use lathe to reduce the diameter of myungshin fanta airbag upper shaft OR make a new one from stainless steel. personally I'm not fan of longer throw distance, but we never know until we try it ;).
    wMiatBl.jpg

    Switch support : I think Fanta airbag have superior switch support. No need to mod/replace
    o3t0nqV.jpg

    Actuator : I Believed the material is Stainless Steel, it is harder than Aluminium, this might work. OR we can use superior material which is Bronze (have self lubricating properties), what do you think guys?
    and for the size, this image tells everything.
    IbEM9ter.jpg
    the diameter is like the smaller part of myungshin actuator. I believe the longer throw distance is to compensate this smaller actuator. in my experience, smaller actuator will make harder to hit the diagonal, this make me curious.

    Grommet Ring : For the ring, it looks like made for metal (stainless steel). but I don't know if this will make any difference. what do you think?
    I see so many metal parts int this green lever parts. IMO, they make it from metal because it was easier to get the material and easier to machine. finding engineered polymer (plastic) like Delrin (POM) would be a challenge in Asia. making custom parts/prototype from metal is easier and cheaper using metal.
    pefg2tN.jpg
    and for rubber grommet, it definitely silicone, and we have more options in hardness, consider it done :).

    Conclusion is, to imitate the green lever using Fanta Airbag, we need to mod/replace the shaft, replace the actuator (or just flip the existing), then change the grommet using silicone (hardness depending on your preference)

    and THIS PROJECT Is DO-able. thanks to @Phantomnaut
    I can make the green lever mod kit for fanta airbag, consist of:
    Shaft (stainless)
    Actuator (bronze or stainless)
    Silicone Grommet (40, 50, and 60)

    give me list who is interested for this project?
    @Phantomnaut 1set
    @hibachifinal 1set

    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 169
    @wazwuz I was wondering if that switch support acts like a circle gate. I just recently started using the Myongshin Fanta since it was readily available at Focus Attack and I didn't want to wait until they get the 309mj in stock (nor do I want to pay an extra 20 for shipping if I buy it from makestick). So far, I'm really enjoying it. Still adjusting to the increased tension of the stick compared to the 309mj with 60a grommet on my other setup.
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    rbuniao wrote: »
    @wazwuz I was wondering if that switch support acts like a circle gate. I just recently started using the Myongshin Fanta since it was readily available at Focus Attack and I didn't want to wait until they get the 309mj in stock (nor do I want to pay an extra 20 for shipping if I buy it from makestick). So far, I'm really enjoying it. Still adjusting to the increased tension of the stick compared to the 309mj with 60a grommet on my other setup.

    the "gate" in Fanta myungshin is the collar. since there is no gate in fanta, the shaft will hit the collar. this is which make fanta different.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • aggro cragaggro crag Joined: Posts: 205
    wazwuz wrote: »
    give me list who is interested for this project?
    @Phantomnaut 1set
    @hibachifinal 1set
    I'm definitely interested.

  • LizaniasLizanias Joined: Posts: 127
    I have a simple request.. please call it something else than the Airbag.....so people won't confuse your work with the actual Green Arcade mod..
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    aggro crag wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested.

    @Phantomnaut 1set
    @hibachifinal 1set
    @aggro crag 1set
    Lizanias wrote: »
    I have a simple request.. please call it something else than the Airbag.....so people won't confuse your work with the actual Green Arcade mod..

    Yes. for the moment, we still find out how much interest for this project.

    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 23
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Conclusion is, to imitate the green lever using Fanta Airbag, we need to mod/replace the shaft, replace the actuator (or just flip the existing), then change the grommet using silicone (hardness depending on your preference)

    and THIS PROJECT Is DO-able. thanks to @Phantomnaut
    I can make the green lever mod kit for fanta airbag, consist of:
    Shaft (stainless)
    Actuator (bronze or stainless)
    Silicone Grommet (40, 50, and 60)

    I guess making the white top might be hard to do? The difference is probably the bottom part being a bit bigger than what the Fanta has.

    I do not mind it being the shaft only though if you need to save cost. I can just use a normal Sanwa battop. I will say that after using the Kaze lever, the top feels a bit too low with the provided shaft. If you go this route, the height of the custom shaft plus the Sanwa top should be very close to that of the normal Fanta shaft and top. There is also the clear Sanwa battop which has its own measurement differences.
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
  • lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 235
    wazwuz wrote: »
    aggro crag wrote: »
    I'm definitely interested.

    @Phantomnaut 1set
    @hibachifinal 1set
    @aggro crag 1set
    Lizanias wrote: »
    I have a simple request.. please call it something else than the Airbag.....so people won't confuse your work with the actual Green Arcade mod..

    Yes. for the moment, we still find out how much interest for this project.

    I sent you a message, but also interested!
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 163
    @wazwuz Count me in on a Green Lever set. My curiosity for this lever, is very high.
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 376
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Conclusion is, to imitate the green lever using Fanta Airbag, we need to mod/replace the shaft, replace the actuator (or just flip the existing), then change the grommet using silicone (hardness depending on your preference)

    and THIS PROJECT Is DO-able. thanks to @Phantomnaut
    I can make the green lever mod kit for fanta airbag, consist of:
    Shaft (stainless)
    Actuator (bronze or stainless)
    Silicone Grommet (40, 50, and 60)

    I guess making the white top might be hard to do? The difference is probably the bottom part being a bit bigger than what the Fanta has.

    I do not mind it being the shaft only though if you need to save cost. I can just use a normal Sanwa battop. I will say that after using the Kaze lever, the top feels a bit too low. If you go this route, the height of the custom shaft plus the Sanwa top should be very close to that of the normal Fanta shaft and top. There is also the clear Sanwa battop which has its own measurement differences.

    i can make custom battop, but it will cost more. I agree using sanwa battop is the best solution. I will adjust the shaft height to be similiar to myungshin fanta airbag.

    @Phantomnaut 1set
    @hibachifinal 1set
    @aggro crag 1set
    @lolmark 1 set
    @call2arms 1set

    Keep in mind that this is one time project only to answer our curiosity. I don't know if i have time for another batch anytime soon.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,761
    edited February 23
    wazwuz wrote: »
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Conclusion is, to imitate the green lever using Fanta Airbag, we need to mod/replace the shaft, replace the actuator (or just flip the existing), then change the grommet using silicone (hardness depending on your preference)

    and THIS PROJECT Is DO-able. thanks to @Phantomnaut
    I can make the green lever mod kit for fanta airbag, consist of:
    Shaft (stainless)
    Actuator (bronze or stainless)
    Silicone Grommet (40, 50, and 60)

    I guess making the white top might be hard to do? The difference is probably the bottom part being a bit bigger than what the Fanta has.

    I do not mind it being the shaft only though if you need to save cost. I can just use a normal Sanwa battop. I will say that after using the Kaze lever, the top feels a bit too low. If you go this route, the height of the custom shaft plus the Sanwa top should be very close to that of the normal Fanta shaft and top. There is also the clear Sanwa battop which has its own measurement differences.

    i can make custom battop, but it will cost more. I agree using sanwa battop is the best solution. I will adjust the shaft height to be similiar to myungshin fanta airbag.

    @Phantomnaut 1set
    @hibachifinal 1set
    @aggro crag 1set
    @lolmark 1 set
    @call2arms 1set

    Keep in mind that this is one time project only to answer our curiosity. I don't know if i have time for another batch anytime soon.

    Good to know.

    I took a look at both a Fanta shaft and the Kaze shaft which has a glued in Sanwa battop. They are very close but the difference is when they are installed. The Kaze sits deeper so it feels smaller.

    I did some rough measurements of the space between the top and the collar gate. The Fanta is around 11.5-11.7mm while the Kaze is at 9.75-9.9mm. As long as that space between with the custom shaft and the Sanwa battop is around what the Fanta had, it should be good. You can probably get a more detailed analysis if you do get to manufacturing test builds.
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 31
    @wazwuz I'm also interested
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    @wazwuz I am interested in the green lever mod as well....I mentioned it on previous page I believe
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 169
    @wazwuz sign me up!!!
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    edited February 23
    @wazwuz I'm still part of this thread. I'm 100% for this. Is this going to be a kit for the airbag or are you going to do it with the airbag? Also the name should be the RED lever. I think bronze is the superior option too.

    I still think you should still try to get your hands on a Green Lever to compare the two joysticks afterwards. I think that so far we could design a better joystick from what we have gathered.

    People so far for the "RED Lever" :
    @Phantomnaut 1 set
    @hibachifinal 1 set
    @aggro crag 1 set
    @lolmark 1 set
    @call2arms 1 set
    @slaycruz 1 set
    @rbuniao 1 set
    @lolmark 1 set
    @Chumpy 1 set
    @ProgressiveBalance 1 set
    @Ghost Cobra 1 set
    @kodee vu 3 sets
    Post edited by ProgressiveBalance on
  • Ghost CobraGhost Cobra Lever Execution Joined: Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 163
    @wazwuz For those who dont have switch supports, would you be able to offer your switch support as an option as well if we gain enough interest?

    I have an airbag so I'm gucci. Lol
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • kodee vukodee vu Joined: Posts: 404
    edited February 23
    Super interested. Please sign me up for THREE sets as i have other locals who will wish to try and can provide valuable response. Thank you @ProgressiveBalance @wazwuz
Sign In or Register to comment.