Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    I think we could probably make a stick better than the Green Lever. @wazwuz could probably sell the mods afterwards too from focus attack or something.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,849
    edited February 23
    @wazwuz If this tribute (might as well call it Green Tribute or whatever) project goes in full, I do want Rtech or someone who has the real deal Green lever to have input. They know how it really feels.

Since it's more of an approximation than a 1:1 ratio effort, it doesn't have to be perfect but should be close!
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 163
    The thought of us as a community pulling together and making a "superior" Korean lever is tickling my pickle.
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    edited February 23
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    The thought of us as a community pulling together and making a "superior" Korean lever is tickling my pickle.

If this green tribute lever or what i'm calling the "RED Lever" is successful I think it might be a popular and/or superior product.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,849
    edited February 24
    Personally I rather have the focus on the custom parts trying to be similar. By then, we can understand its shortcomings and improve from there.
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 427
    Quick Question, do you guys want the mod package included sanwa battop or not? (it will be have additional about 5USD for battop included. since i have to import it from japan)
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
    Personally, I don't need to. I assume most folks here can get one from a webstore anytime.
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 184
    edited February 24
    I've already got a couple of battops but it could be optional.

Also, for those (like myself) who got the Myongshin Fanta, it would be nice if there was an option for the switch support as well.
  • BullmanceBullmance Joined: Posts: 12
    @wazwuz Count me in for one! This sounds awesome.

For an actuator I think bronze is a great idea, it is self lubricating. It is used for bearings all the time because of this and for its durability.

As for the mods package personally I don't need a battop and I would prefer the 60 grommet.
    edited February 24
    Great, then I will not include battop in the packge, You can find it cheaper on most webstore in US. I would recommend the Red sanwa battop for this project. since no other mod using the red color.

I'm so proud to be part of this project, this community is awesome. and I will di my part to make this Project happen. thank you for all participants.
    @Phantomnaut 1 set US
    @hibachifinal 1 set US
    @aggro crag 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @call2arms 1 set US
    @slaycruz 1 set ???
    @rbuniao 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @Chumpy 1 set ???
    @ProgressiveBalance 1 set UK
    @Ghost Cobra 1 set ???
    @kodee vu 3 sets ???
    @Bullmance 1 set ???
    so far already 16 set (including Me). I will make only 20sets for this project.
    PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LOCATION, so we can arrange the distribution.

Last night I have design it, I have idea to make the ultimate mod, forget about green lever, this project will give you options for 24 configurations (using actuators + grommets + shafts combination only. not Including Switch), I bet you will find the one that will suit your preference. And please provide reviews for your configuration after this project, so we can share our finding and help each others.

For Switch support, i will provide it. I already make some back then.

For actuator, confirmed to use Bronze for its superior properties. thanks for all the input.

For Grommet, I will provide Silicone Grommets with 40, 50, and 60 Hardness.

I will called this project as "Golden Fanta Mod". because I will use Brass for the shaft. actually I already make sanwa shaft from brass couple years ago, and it looks great, perfect for this project. Also confirmed that sanwa shaft is too short, like @Phantomnaut said ( is this what happend to KAZE fanta?).
    20170224_063351_zpseudl83p9.jpg[/URL][/img]

Next Thing I want to discuss is about the distribution. shipping to US individually is about 20USD/package. what If I send to one of the participant, and he can distribute it across US?
    Post edited by wazwuz on
    @wazwuz If this tribute (might as well call it Green Tribute or whatever) project goes in full, I do want Rtech or someone who has the real deal Green lever to have input. They know how it really feels.

Since it's more of an approximation than a 1:1 ratio effort, it doesn't have to be perfect but should be close!

I will go beyond green lever mod for this Golden Fanta project. but when I meet Rtech I will try his green lever and compare to our Golden Fanta mod.
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 163
    @wazwuz

I'm in for one set, located in the US.

After talking to a few people that has experience with Green Levers, looking at the design, I knew it may have a big deadzone. It might be a conflict of interest for Airbag owners. Knowing that we are going to have a Community Effort Fanta style stick with 24 configurations AAAND a wide choice of bat tops? This is WAY better than the Green Lever. It's a Fanta that would be configured for YOU. I love it. Count me in.
    Badurka Garage!!!
    edited February 24
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    @wazwuz

I'm in for one set, located in the US.

After talking to a few people that has experience with Green Levers, looking at the design, I knew it may have a big deadzone. It might be a conflict of interest for Airbag owners. Knowing that we are going to have a Community Effort Fanta style stick with 24 configurations AAAND a wide choice of bat tops? This is WAY better than the Green Lever. It's a Fanta that would be configured for YOU. I love it. Count me in.

Yeah what @Call2Arms said. The airbag actually seems to already be better than the Green Lever; long throw, large dead-zone sounds inferior to the airbag. Located in South West England, where and who am I giving my details to. @wazwuz do I have to DM you?

Ok I still want to call it the "RED Lever", @wazwuz is calling it the "Golden Fanta", what should we name this mod? Should we have a vote?

Yeah what @Call2Arms said. The airbag actually seems to already be better than the Green Lever; long throw, large dead-zone sounds inferior to the airbag. Located in South East England, where and who am I giving my details to. @wazwuz do I have to DM you?

Ok I still want to call it the "RED Lever", @wazwuz is calling it the "Golden Fanta", what should we name this mod? Should we have a vote?

We still Wait for others opinions on how this Golden Fanta Mod will be distributed. for the moment, I still listing the participants up to 20 slot.
    BTW, I have start machining the prototype. I will share the result and calculate the cost this weekend.
  • kkoldingkkolding Joined: Posts: 154
    What have I done..
    Denmark CPH
  • FightGameGuruFightGameGuru Joined: Posts: 60
    @wazwuz 1 set US, really cool project.
    @wazwuz 1 set US, really cool project.

@Phantomnaut 1 set US
    @hibachifinal 1 set US
    @aggro crag 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @call2arms 1 set US
    @slaycruz 1 set ???
    @rbuniao 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @Chumpy 1 set ???
    @Ghost Cobra 1 set ???
    @kodee vu 3 sets ???
    @Bullmance 1 set ???
    @FightGameGuru 1 set US
    so far already 17 set (including Me). I will make only 20sets for this project. 3 SLOT LEFT.
    @wazwuz 2 sets. Europe
    Denmark CPH
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 39
    @wazwuz My location is Norway (Europe).
    edited February 24
    kkolding wrote: »
    @wazwuz 2 sets. Europe

which country?

@Phantomnaut 1 set US
    @hibachifinal 1 set US
    @aggro crag 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @call2arms 1 set US
    @slaycruz 1 set ???
    @rbuniao 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @Chumpy 1 set Norway (Europe)
    @Ghost Cobra 1 set ???
    @kodee vu 3 sets ???
    @Bullmance 1 set ???
    @FightGameGuru 1 set US
    @kkolding 2 sets Europe

so far already 19 set (including Me). I will make only 20sets for this project. LAST SLOT LEFT.
    Hmm... I am ok with this turnaround of this being more customization friendly. The brass is a nice touch and makes it distinctive to the other modified Fantas out there.

As for the Sanwa tops, will they be removable in case we want to use an aluminum one later on?
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,649
    jsut a fair warning as well, the Sanwa CLEAR bat-top mounts a bit higher on a JLF shaft compared to regular matte sanwa bat top... if this is something some are considering using
    edited February 24
    Hmm... I am ok with this turnaround of this being more customization friendly. The brass is a nice touch and makes it distinctive to the other modified Fantas out there.

As for the Sanwa tops, will they be removable in case we want to use an aluminum one later on?

Yes, I make the shaft have the same thread as sanwa ball/batt tops
    jsut a fair warning as well, the Sanwa CLEAR bat-top mounts a bit higher on a JLF shaft compared to regular matte sanwa bat top... if this is something some are considering using

Yes, I will use solid colored / mate sanwa battop as reference.
  • Ghost CobraGhost Cobra Lever Execution Joined: Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 24
    @wazwuz
    USA PA
    Post edited by Ghost Cobra on
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    edited February 24
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Quick Question, do you guys want the mod package included sanwa battop or not? (it will be have additional about 5USD for battop included. since i have to import it from japan)
    Do we know of anyone who can make a Deleon bat top the same specs as a myoungshin one?
    If not I'd be ok with paying an extra 5 for a battop
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • DJ-BlitzDJ-Blitz Power Is Everything Joined: Posts: 159
    edited February 24
    @wazwuz 1 set USA if there is still room.
    edited February 24
    DJ-Blitz wrote: »

@Phantomnaut 1 set US
    @hibachifinal 1 set US
    @aggro crag 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @call2arms 1 set US
    @slaycruz 1 set ???
    @rbuniao 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @Ghost Cobra 1 set US
    @kodee vu 3 sets ???
    @Bullmance 1 set ???
    @FightGameGuru 1 set US
    @kkolding 2 sets Europe
    @DJ-Blitz 1 set US
    @wazwuz 1 set INA

Thank you for all participant. the slot is now full for 20 sets. I will update the progress.
    slaycruz wrote: »
    Do we know of anyone who can make a Deleon bat top the same specs as a myoungshin one?

what is deleon battop?
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 39
    This project is looking good. Super excited to see how it turns out.
    DJ-Blitz wrote: »

@Phantomnaut 1 set US
    @hibachifinal 1 set US
    @aggro crag 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @call2arms 1 set US
    @slaycruz 1 set ???
    @rbuniao 1 set ???
    @lolmark 1 set ???
    @Ghost Cobra 1 set US
    @kodee vu 3 sets ???
    @Bullmance 1 set ???
    @FightGameGuru 1 set US
    @kkolding 2 sets Europe
    @DJ-Blitz 1 set US
    @wazwuz 1 set INA

Thank you for all participant. the slot is now full for 20 sets. I will update the progress.

what is deleon battop?

I meant delrin damn autocorrect
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,305
    Delrin is a type of thermoplastic.
    It is heat, abrasion and corrosive resistant.
    Derlin is resistant to many solvents including petroleum products, and will not melt from acetone
    Derlin is also called a "self lubricating" plastic as it's low coefficient for friction
    and is excellent for actuators.

I can see Delrin working for a bat top, except for one thing, the Surface would be a hard smooth surface.
    I see PBT (Polybutylene terephthalate) which is often used for high end keyboard keys as a better battop material.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Derlin is resistant to many solvents including petroleum products, and will not melt from acetone
    Derlin is also called a "self lubricating" plastic as it's low coefficient for friction

I can see Delrin working for a bat top, except for one thing, the Surface would be a hard smooth surface.
    I see PBT (Polybutylene terephthalate) which is often used for high end keyboard keys as a better battop material.

I mentioned Delrin only because I had one of those dragon bat tops made of delrin but if there's a better material I'm all for it
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 184
    @wazwuz US location for me
  • BullmanceBullmance Joined: Posts: 12
    @wazwuz US here! I'm so excited for this, it sounds great. I like that you went with a brass shaft too. It will look so cool.
    @wazwuz Denmark, Europe.
    Denmark CPH
    @wazwuz I'm in the US San Antonio TX to be exact
  • kodee vukodee vu Joined: Posts: 407
    US. Florida.
    @wazwuz THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN: Include a mounting plate the fits standard Japanese mounting brackets for ease of install. I suggest making the mounting holes on the side of the joystick to save from having to unscrew it and rotate the base. Could you post more pictures throughout the making of the prototype? I think it would be great to see the progress made throughout the build. I hope you are keeping the shaft bronze too that actually looks so dope. Who knows maybe you could use Bronze on the mounting plate too, it would be expensive but look even doper lol. Lastly is this going to be sold alongside the airbag or do you have to get that separately?

@the phantomnaut Could it be possible for you to make a video review for the RED Lever/Golden Fanta? I think your videos are great and informative, this would really help to make a great lever.

@hibachifinal @aggro crag @call2arms @slaycruz @rbuniao @lolmark @Chumpy @Ghost Cobra @kodee vu @Bullmance @FightGameGuru @kkolding @DJ-Blitz are you guys writing reviews as well?
    @wazwuz THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN: Include a mounting plate the fits standard Japanese mounting brackets for ease of install. I suggest making the mounting holes on the side of the joystick to save from having to unscrew it and rotate the base. Could you post more pictures throughout the making of the prototype? I think it would be great to see the progress made throughout the build. I hope you are keeping the shaft bronze too that actually looks so dope. Who knows maybe you could use Bronze on the mounting plate too, it would be expensive but look even doper lol. Lastly is this going to be sold alongside the airbag or do you have to get that separately?

@the phantomnaut Could it be possible for you to make a video review for the RED Lever/Golden Fanta? I think your videos are great and informative, this would really help to make a great lever.

@hibachifinal @aggro crag @call2arms @slaycruz @rbuniao @lolmark @Chumpy @Ghost Cobra @kodee vu @Bullmance @FightGameGuru @kkolding @DJ-Blitz are you guys writing reviews as well?

Most definitely Sir
    edited February 24
    US, California.

At the moment, no. I still haven't gone to doing the Kaze and Fujin V2 yet due to other stuff releasing.

Also since this is a limited run at the moment so it's not the best for me to talk about it to a wider audience. Maybe I will change my mind sooner or later
    Darksakul wrote: »

I mentioned Delrin only because I had one of those dragon bat tops made of delrin but if there's a better material I'm all for it

I would love to use a custom top like the Green lever but that would increase cost to the production of that as well as adjust the shaft height.

Hopefully my planned shaft, grommet and actuator combination with a Sanwa top will provide that wiggle that I see in Green levers while still performing similar. The weight of the actuator seems intimidating but who knows?