Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• SoJoDragonSoJoDragon Joined: Posts: 21
    Is the grommet on the Makestick airbag the same as the standard myoungshin fanta?
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,842
    edited March 7
    SoJoDragon wrote: »
    Is the grommet on the Makestick airbag the same as the standard myoungshin fanta?

It looks the same but doesn't have the same tension. It's lighter but not by much.
  • SoJoDragonSoJoDragon Joined: Posts: 21
    Thanks
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    edited March 7
    wazwuz wrote: »
    So it looks like Crown's SDB-201 buttons are coming on the 15th of this month. The normal 201 buttons will be 2900 won (~$2.50) with the transparent 201C will be 3800 (~$3.30). Also the Infiltration SDL-301 lever is currently in production.

wow. so many good things for K stick lover this month

btw, Golden Fanta is packed and ready for shipping tomorrow. I will update the track number by email.
    wDjRgEM.jpg

btw I have put some bonus parts for some of you till I have no any parts left in my stock :p. thank you so much for your support.
    On the topic of bat tops, if theres a way the myoungshin bat top can be reproduced (non matte) but in different colors, (and normal 6mm threading) i think it will be cool for those used to the stock myoungshins but want different aesthetics.

sanwa bat tops are nice, but i personally dont like the matte feel of it. it doesnt feel "fanta" for me...

I for one would love to see the return of the red myoungshin/taeyoung bat top :)

@wazwuz After the reviews come in will this be available for purchase afterwards? It still sucks that i could not get one. I think what @hibachifinal is saying here cold be included once this is all done. You could probably sell the shaft with fixed bat-tops as well.
  • Call2ArmsCall2Arms Now officially known as "Quinto." Joined: Posts: 163
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to get in touch with @RH92 or @istmall I've tried everything to get in contact with them cause I ordered 7 309MJs and they sent me 7 303MJs instead. I e-mailed their "support" 5 times, and sent a paypal dispute and I got nothing... Its really irritating. Does anyone have a connect, or someone in here in or from Korea that I can get the message to? Since we've been ordering from IST, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out... These were supposed to be for my community, now I dont know if we are stuck with these... We all spent $40+ each for their stuff.

Can anyone help me out with this? Im running out of options.
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,842
    Call2Arms wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to get in touch with @RH92 or @istmall I've tried everything to get in contact with them cause I ordered 7 309MJs and they sent me 7 303MJs instead. I e-mailed their "support" 5 times, and sent a paypal dispute and I got nothing... Its really irritating. Does anyone have a connect, or someone in here in or from Korea that I can get the message to? Since we've been ordering from IST, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out... These were supposed to be for my community, now I dont know if we are stuck with these... We all spent $40+ each for their stuff.

Can anyone help me out with this? Im running out of options.

@rh92 did say he was leaving IST at late February iirc so we probably lost that direct connection. I guess that this was an honest mistake on their end for sending the wrong levers. Without that direct support at the moment, I understand that it's hard to deal with this. The only thing I can say is wait a bit longer and see if the contact email changes or someone else helps us.
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 184
    I'd wait a couple of days with the paypal dispute since it takes a while to settle with international vendors.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,224
    edited March 7
    rbuniao wrote: »
    I'd wait a couple of days with the paypal dispute since it takes a while to settle with international vendors.

Don't take too long, regardless of international or domestic shipping with Pal pal.
    There is a window, a time limit when Paypal will respond to disputes.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 7
    On the topic of bat tops, if theres a way the myoungshin bat top can be reproduced (non matte) but in different colors, (and normal 6mm threading) i think it will be cool for those used to the stock myoungshins but want different aesthetics.

sanwa bat tops are nice, but i personally dont like the matte feel of it. it doesnt feel "fanta" for me...

I for one would love to see the return of the red myoungshin/taeyoung bat top :)

Gotta second this. Return of the red shaft is a must. I think red, blue (like the dark blue on the grommet or sanwa button), yellow, white and (I suppose) green would be great. Tried to order a red one way back right when Laugh ran out of them.

EDIT: Also

Is there anyone that can get me a wooden ist make stick case?

http://istmall.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=9992175&category=013

Like the aesthetics of it and I'd love to have a wooden case with 30mm native button holes.
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 418
    So it looks like Crown's SDB-201 buttons are coming on the 15th of this month. The normal 201 buttons will be 2900 won (~$2.50) with the transparent 201C will be 3800 (~$3.30). Also the Infiltration SDL-301 lever is currently in production.

wow. so many good things for K stick lover this month

btw, Golden Fanta is packed and ready for shipping tomorrow. I will update the track number by email.
    wDjRgEM.jpg

btw I have put some bonus parts for some of you till I have no any parts left in my stock :p. thank you so much for your support.

@wazwuz After the reviews come in will this be available for purchase afterwards? It still sucks that i could not get one. I think what @hibachifinal is saying here cold be included once this is all done. You could probably sell the shaft with fixed bat-tops as well.

After I got feeback and inputs from participans, I will make revision (if needed) then Maybe I will contact Focus Attack to help bring this Golden Fanta to US market.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • BullmanceBullmance Joined: Posts: 12
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with @RH92 or @istmall. Can anyone help me out with this? Im running out of options.

@Call2Arms I spoke with him 2 months ago at this email address: rohan_sung@outlook.com

Best I got.
  • XaviusXavius Joined: Posts: 25
    @Call2Arms noplzz@naver.com is IST's sales manager.
    edited March 8
    RaishinX wrote: »

Gotta second this. Return of the red shaft is a must. I think red, blue (like the dark blue on the grommet or sanwa button), yellow, white and (I suppose) green would be great. Tried to order a red one way back right when Laugh ran out of them.

Like the aesthetics of it and I'd love to have a wooden case with 30mm native button holes.

I got mine from their global Gmarket store.

EDIT: Kaze lever is out of production because he is working on version 3. Looks like the shaft will be taller, will use a softer rubber grommet and will be adjusted to make dashes easier.
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    I think what happens next with the KAZE lever will be interesting, especially if he sees what is happaening with the golden Fanta
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Oh nice, Well it looks thicker and less floppy, at least from those photos than 1/32"
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,649
    Tensho wrote: »
    Oh nice, Well it looks thicker and less floppy, at least from those photos than 1/32"

yeah its nothing like the 1/32" looks sturdy and "snap-able", shouldnt flex i'd say.
  • Ghost CobraGhost Cobra Lever Execution Joined: Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    the KAZE lever did always have me curious, especially now he is changing it a bit.
    think I'm going to experiment a 3 + 1 switch setup with G.Fanta parts. thailand am51662c5n / gersung v0323a3

I've used those heavy black gersung [v1623a2] for so long this should be wacky lol
    58c0654922c3925777d0b774.jpg
    @Ghost Cobra, I was thinking of doing that mod to my Golden Fanta but I can't now. :s
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 9

EDIT: Kaze lever is out of production because he is working on version 3. Looks like the shaft will be taller, will use a softer rubber grommet and will be adjusted to make dashes easier.

At the risk of sounding retarded.....Is there an option for case only? The price for the whole stick is reasonable enough but I really can't tell exactly what I'm looking at. I can deduce that a PS3 model would be cheaper than a PS4 but it doesn't go much further. I'm still investigating.

Also if anyone wants and cannot acquire a GREEN myungshin lever it'd be in their best interest to buy the arcade sticks left on the market. Not the most cost-efficient, I'm sure but it looks like that's how it's gonna be.

EDIT: LOL google translate has come a long way. I'll say that, my friend....
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro

At the risk of sounding retarded.....Is there an option for case only? The price for the whole stick is reasonable enough but I really can't tell exactly what I'm looking at. I can deduce that a PS3 model would be cheaper than a PS4 but it doesn't go much further. I'm still investigating.

You mean this?
    Just wanted to say thanks for everyones help and advice.

I finally got a hold of IST, and now they are going to send me the correct parts... Possibly just the 309 actuators, which is the only thing thats different between the 303MJ and 309MJ tested it myself.

Also, @wazwuz I got my email for my Golden Fanta! I cant wait to receive it!!! I got my red Bat top yesterday and got SUPER excited!
    Badurka Garage!!!

I finally got a hold of IST, and now they are going to send me the correct parts... Possibly just the 309 actuators, which is the only thing thats different between the 303MJ and 309MJ tested it myself.

Also, @wazwuz I got my email for my Golden Fanta! I cant wait to receive it!!! I got my red Bat top yesterday and got SUPER excited!

There is also the switches difference. Normally, the 309MJ had Gersung switches while the 303MJ has a set from Panasonic. I do know that Crown added Panasonic switches to the 309 when there was no stock for Gersungs. Glad they helped and hope to all those who are getting the levers enjoy em.

Still waiting for my email... :)
    I hope they just send me actuators... Every single one of these 303MJs they sent me had a set of Panasonics and White levers. Theyre beautiful, but that actuator makes all the difference. I tried flipping over the actuators since the fattest part of them have the same diameter, but the taper on the opposite end made it feel notchy, not smooth and cushioned like the 309 actuator. Its clearly made of a different material.
    Badurka Garage!!!
    edited March 10

I have shipped all the package yesterday and have just emailed all your track number. if you don't received my email with Tracking Number, please let me know.
    @Phantomnaut
    @hibachifinal
    @aggro crag
    @lolmark
    @call2arms
    @slaycruz
    @rbuniao
    @Chumpy
    @Ghost Cobra
    @kodee vu
    @Bullmance
    @FightGameGuru
    @kkolding
    @DJ-Blitz
    @wazwuz
    @CaliburX
    @fai9al

Btw, I got contacted by Paradise Arcade shop, they also interested to bring Golden Fanta to US market.

So to expand the compatibility of this Golden Fanta, which Fanta version is most preferable for Sanwa mounting stick? and what is the difference between 309MJ Vs 303MJ? I will try to get one for R&D

@Call2Arms @phantomnaut let me know if this Golden Fanta mod can fit into 309, if not then what adjustment I should make.
    I don't recall if there's a Fanta stick that can be mounted directly to the Sanwa mounts that are found in all of the current consumer fight sticks that are available (unless we count the IST FLF). Also, I think someone mentioned about using the Kowal Universal Plate on the Fanta stick but I dunno if they modified the neck gate or enlarged the opening of the lever hole. Maybe this weekend I can experiment with using the chopped collar of the 309mj on the Fanta and see how that works out.
    edited March 10
    rbuniao wrote: »
    I don't recall if there's a Fanta stick that can be mounted directly to the Sanwa mounts that are found in all of the current consumer fight sticks that are available (unless we count the IST FLF). Also, I think someone mentioned about using the Kowal Universal Plate on the Fanta stick but I dunno if they modified the neck gate or enlarged the opening of the lever hole. Maybe this weekend I can experiment with using the chopped collar of the 309mj on the Fanta and see how that works out.

I see 309 plate already have sanwa mounting holes, is the short/chopped collar on 309 doesn't help? if we still need to drill for bigger holes, I would go for full collared Fanta + kowal plate
    @wazwuz If I understand your question correctly, there is no favorable collared Fanta stick for a japanese mounting bracket since all the popular japanese style sticks available only have a hole that is around 24mm. Heavy modification needs to be done for it.

The only thing that I can see you doing for a new mod for the japanese mounted korean sticks would be a new revision for the Fanta Upgrade Kit. I noticed some flaws in the 303/309 design that could be improved on, and it could help with the sales of a new revision.

The things that I did to modify the 303FK series to work properly were extensive, but I found the solutions to actually have the precision of the Fanta would be an actuator that is the same as the 309 or fatter, maybe have a set of silicon crown tension grommets, a matsushita/panasonic switch set, and especially for crowns, a switch support. These things suffer from pretty bad corner inconsistencies so maybe that could tighten them up and make them uniform as possible. It could be a good solution for people who own 303FK or 303ST sticks that dont want to spend so much for an import of a 309MJ (If you have FA sell them)

The difference between the 303MJ and 309MJ is just the new and improved actuators. They both have the 307 collar, and the 303 bottom portion, but the 309 got an improved actuator made of a softer material and it is a cylinder same diameter from top to bottom. Not a tapered actuator from the previous 303 series. The result was a very comfortable and consistent japanese mount Korean stick. Still doesnt feel like a Fanta, but it was a vast improvement on precision and actually feels comfortable to use. It is a good Korean stick for its own reasons.
    Badurka Garage!!!
    @wazwuz To answer your other question about the chopped collar. It actually does make a difference, it gave the Crown sticks a wider range of motion to hit all their directions, and with the help of their new actuator, when it hits the collar, its not so abrupt in my opinion. If you are trying to see if we can put a real fanta in a japanese stick without modification... I have a crazy idea. But I dont know if the holes on all japanese style sticks are the same size and it would be too big of a project. lol
    Badurka Garage!!!
    @wazwuz If I understand your question correctly, there is no favorable collared Fanta stick for a japanese mounting bracket since all the popular japanese style sticks available only have a hole that is around 24mm. Heavy modification needs to be done for it.

The only thing that I can see you doing for a new mod for the japanese mounted korean sticks would be a new revision for the Fanta Upgrade Kit. I noticed some flaws in the 303/309 design that could be improved on, and it could help with the sales of a new revision.

The things that I did to modify the 303FK series to work properly were extensive, but I found the solutions to actually have the precision of the Fanta would be an actuator that is the same as the 309 or fatter, maybe have a set of silicon crown tension grommets, a matsushita/panasonic switch set, and especially for crowns, a switch support. These things suffer from pretty bad corner inconsistencies so maybe that could tighten them up and make them uniform as possible. It could be a good solution for people who own 303FK or 303ST sticks that dont want to spend so much for an import of a 309MJ (If you have FA sell them)

The difference between the 303MJ and 309MJ is just the new and improved actuators. They both have the 307 collar, and the 303 bottom portion, but the 309 got an improved actuator made of a softer material and it is a cylinder same diameter from top to bottom. Not a tapered actuator from the previous 303 series. The result was a very comfortable and consistent japanese mount Korean stick. Still doesnt feel like a Fanta, but it was a vast improvement on precision and actually feels comfortable to use. It is a good Korean stick for its own reasons.

thank you for the explanation. for crown Fanta without collar, I still have the crown round grommets Mold and I can provide Silicone grommet in various tension. and some actuator of course :). But since it has no collar, shaft variation won't be needed, CMIIW.
    So, 309MJ is superior than 303MJ? then on sanwa mounting arcade stick, let's say TE1? can we install it? or we still have to make bigger holes for the short collar so it can work properly?
    also is the grommet of 309MJ model is like myungshin grommet (square)?
    @wazwuz There's no need to modify the fight stick case (aka drill a 35mm hole) if you install the 309mj. The collar used in the 309mj is tall enough to have an experience similar to the Fanta sticks but short enough to fit the stick under the fight stick panel.

2016101800002.png

309mj mounted in my TE2+ (before I mounted a Fanta with custom K-stick compatible panel from Jasen's Customs)
    3pxABHJh.jpg

Also, the 309mj still use the round grommets. The stock silicone grommet on the 309mj is softer but thicker. However, when I bought it from Makestick in December of last year I bought the 60a grommet since I prefer something a little bit firmer.
  • DJ-BlitzDJ-Blitz Power Is Everything Joined: Posts: 159
    edited March 10
    thank you for the explanation. for crown Fanta without collar, I still have the crown round grommets Mold and I can provide Silicone grommet in various tension. and some actuator of course :). But since it has no collar, shaft variation won't be needed, CMIIW.
    So, 309MJ is superior than 303MJ? then on sanwa mounting arcade stick, let's say TE1? can we install it? or we still have to make bigger holes for the short collar so it can work properly?

The 309mj and 303mj are the same minus their actuator, I can get some measurements if you'd like. Both can be installed in most Japanese cases that accept a Sanwa JLF, I say most because I've only installed them in my old hrap3. They use the normal circular crown silicon grommets with a lighter 25shore tension. I could see a smaller diameter shaft making them feel closer to a normal fanta, but personally I like the 309mj as is. I find corner inputs really consistent on these sticks, I believe it's because of the smaller radius collar.
    edited March 10
    DJ-Blitz wrote: »

The 309mj and 303mj are the same minus their actuator, I can get some measurements if you'd like. Both can be installed in most Japanese cases that accept a Sanwa JLF, I say most because I've only installed them in my old hrap3. They use the normal circular crown silicon grommets with a lighter 25shore tension. I could see a smaller diameter shaft making them feel closer to a normal fanta, but personally I like the 309mj as is. I find corner inputs really consistent on these sticks, I believe it's because of the smaller radius collar.

Great, please measure the actuator diameter when you have time. Thank you.

Wow, 25shore silicone will be super loose. IMO the best way optimize fanta is using the hardest grommet that your hand can bear. Harder gormmet will give faster neutral which is fanta famous for.

IMO since the collar is shorter, they have to compensate it using smaller collar diameter, or biger shaft, so the joystick throw remain the same.

In my experience, actuator is the most responsible part to make the diagonal input easier (more sensitive). You can try this using Golden Fanta 17.5mm actuator, but the other hand, it makes cardinal input become super sensitive also. The microswitches also responsible for this, the more sensitive the microswitch, it will make corner input easier.

Btw, right now I doing some test on omron v152 1c25 switches using cones actuator and sky blue grommet. It feels smooth, barely notice the feel of the microswitch click.
    Speaking of microswitches I was wondering how sensitive are these https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-ms-o-2-187-fastener-micro-switch/
    DJ-Blitz wrote: »

Great, please measure the actuator diameter when you have time. Thank you.

Wow, 25shore silicone will be super loose. IMO the best way optimize fanta is using the hardest grommet that your hand can bear. Harder gormmet will give faster neutral which is fanta famous for.

IMO since the collar is shorter, they have to compensate it using smaller collar diameter, or biger shaft, so the joystick throw remain the same.

In my experience, actuator is the most responsible part to make the diagonal input easier (more sensitive). You can try this using Golden Fanta 17.5mm actuator, but the other hand, it makes cardinal input become super sensitive also. The microswitches also responsible for this, the more sensitive the microswitch, it will make corner input easier.

Btw, right now I doing some test on omron v152 1c25 switches using cones actuator and sky blue grommet. It feels smooth, barely notice the feel of the microswitch click.

@wazwuz so what are the best or most sensitive switches to use on the Golden Fanta? Also are the Omron V152 1C25 from an arcade stick?
    @DJ-Blitz That new actuator made all the difference for it. I remember flipping my actuator around just to have the damn thing hit the corners somewhat. Now that its fatter, and it doesnt have the taper and that weird choke at the top of the actuator, it extends its reach and made it consistent. they should have used that design since day one. LOL
    Badurka Garage!!!
  • DeyhoobDeyhoob Joined: Posts: 4
    I got a fujin v2 lever and I'm not a big fan of the clear top. What can I replace it with? I'm not very experienced. thanks.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    Deyhoob wrote: »
    I got a fujin v2 lever and I'm not a big fan of the clear top. What can I replace it with? I'm not very experienced. thanks.

A myoungshin Fanta bat top will fit too but there's only black...I have 2 green and I want the clear bat top
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • DeyhoobDeyhoob Joined: Posts: 4
    I seeeee. Is it possible to get the bat top handle alone? if so, where? thanks