Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• rygodrygod In Training Joined: Posts: 107
    DEZALB wrote: »
    I will make a WTT thread later, but ive been playing on my friends stick that has a korean stick in it and i really like it for tekken. THats the only game ive tried it on. Been trying to get by with ls32 for tekken but I want to fit this into one of the t5 cases i have. I have a ls-40 or a ls-40-10 i could trade. both have less than 5 hours on them each. Post here just incase someone tried a kstick and decided it wasnt for them. lol

just adding this link in case you or your friends have access to a drill press so you could make your T5 Korean compliant....

tekken-5-hrap-korean-modding-tutorial

you garbage
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 599
    Rygod- Thanks for the link, ive mounted enough ls32/40's in the t5 case so its pretty straight forward with the exception of the the 35mm hole. Dont feel like buying the right bit so just gonna have them cut it on the cnc machine.
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 599
    quick question, i want to get a green M.Fanta and was wondering which Jap buttons match the green the best. I prefer seimitsu gns.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    DEZALB wrote: »
    quick question, i want to get a green M.Fanta and was wondering which Jap buttons match the green the best. I prefer seimitsu gns.

There isn't to my knowledge....the greens are of different shades...they might come close but don't match exactly.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • LifeisGood_301LifeisGood_301 MD Tekken Joined: Posts: 27
    edited July 2015
    Does anyone know of how well the Crown 307-FJ handles and compares to a Crown 303-fk?

I just modded my crown 303-FK with the kit from focus attack and the diagonals seem to have gotten better. In some ways, I find it worse to have both the lighter microswitches and harder "60" rubber. The stick feels better with both in (KBD SO much better); However, when ever I try to wavedash (unless I'm really grinding from D to F) I end up skipping the DF (F N DF).
    I'm going to try the stock crown rubber with the lighter microswitches to see how that performs, but it's not looking good for this mod if I really have to work to get those diagonals out of a wavedash.
    Also, I heard that the crown 307 has a larger actuator. Is there any way for me to mod my existing crown 303-fk actuator?
    Thanks
    EDIT:
    I think I need to just wavedash slower and more carefully. Though, I think I know why it skips the DF so much easier.
    Since the stick now reverts back to neutral faster, it has a hard time staying on a microswitch. The added tension from the rubber makes it easier for the lever to retract from the microswitch, so the lever needs more force to stay in contact with both microswitches.
    Post edited by LifeisGood_301 on
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 98
    Just curious if anyone knows where I could purchase just the silicone grommet for a Crown Joystick... (In my case, a 307)?
    Or if that's even possible.
    I heard that possibly FA is attempting to carry Crown's 307 "ST" version.
    But don't really hear about possibilities of different grommets (like the Korean testers with "50A, 55A, 60A" silicone).

Apologies, If this sounds like a Noob question.

-Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • therobintherobin Robn Rene Joined: Posts: 440
    Anyone know where I can order a CWL-307FK-JMS in time for evo?
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    therobin wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can order a CWL-307FK-JMS in time for evo?

I believe Paradise Arcade will have the new Crown's at Evo for sale.

Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,779
    I might have mentioned it on the Airbag thread or this one but I was not very fond of the Airbag lever provided by IST. It was more or less a Myoungshin Fanta lever with Matsushita switches and a bottom metal plate. Everything else was stock. The actuator and the switches didn't fare well together because they create accidental inputs.

To compensate for it, I replaced the actuator with the Crown CWJ-303 actuator and I was able to perform inputs dramatically better. I was able to perform wavedashes consistently and never had any input errors in the process. The 303 actuator insert hole is much bigger so it was able to fit the Myoungshin's shaft with no problems.
    Does anyone know of how well the Crown 307-FJ handles and compares to a Crown 303-fk

The CWL-307, at least the full fledged Korean version, has a narrower gate which helps but I will add that the bottom end also adds to it. I was not a big fan of the Matsushita switches being too sensitive especially when the 307 has a bigger actuator. Gersung switches help. I find the Korean and Japanese mounts of the 307 to be playable but not as optimal as I wanted it to be. I have to be more careful when wavedashing or else I have an accidental error.
    edited July 2015
    Thanks, I'll probably end up giving the crown 307 a try.
    Also, I've read a lot of talk about how the actuator on the crown 303-FK is too small...or at least smaller than a myoungshin fanta. Is there any good way to mod a actuator? The only thing I can think of is tape and I don't think that will last more than 10 Mins of tekken movement lol.
    EDIT:
    Maybe something like a heat shrink tubing might work to add a couple millimeters?

As of right now, the scotch tape is actually holding up very well. The small amount I've added has actually helped the stick. I haven't been playing for more than 10 mins, but I'm sure I can find better materials to increase the actuator 1-2mm (I think the 303FK is 15.5 and the myoungshin 16.5 if I remember correctly). I think I might have some luck with this, the diagonals are a lot better! I wonder who else has tried this...
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,813
    I played on the crown 303 on Saturday and personally felt little to no difference from the Fanta. Maybe a little stiffer but it responded well.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,779
    The CWJ-303 Japanese mounts felt fine even with the stock actuator. Anything bigger wouldn't fit well with Gersung or Matsushita switches in that case. I will say that the Korean mount version has a bigger gate which I don't like though.
    Gate doesn't matter.

I don't even look at Korean sticks having gates in the traditional sense, so I just learned not to attempt to ride it.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited July 2015
    I will agree that gates don't matter at least for the non-traditional mounts because they are pretty universal.

The CWJ-303N-JMS's gate diameter is slightly larger than the CWL-307-JMS and even Myoungshin Fanta levers. It's enough for me to get thrown off by it. Even trying to revisit it and I always had trouble with inputs because I had to put more give to hit the edges. It didn't fit well with my hands.

When I got my 307 and swapped the 303's top end, that issue became non existent.

To be fair I was on a tangent from LifeisGood's post anyways.
    edited July 2015
    I might still give the 307 a try.
    Also, it's very hard to change the actuator size. Whenever you add something that's too thick, the stick automatically becomes mushy/sticky. However, this is mostly due to the material used to add surface area to the actuator (tape works better than rubber). That's why I've reduced the tape to a small amount. However, it makes the stick respond a lot better. For this reason, I think it's still worth it for me to try a 307-FJ.
    The CWJ-303 Japanese mounts felt fine even with the stock actuator. Anything bigger wouldn't fit well with Gersung or Matsushita switches in that case. I will say that the Korean mount version has a bigger gate which I don't like though.
    Your definitely right about changing the size of the actuator. After recording the microswitches while playing, I realized that too big of a actuator doesn't let the stick reach neutral completely. In the sense that whenever you hit a single input (foward for example), the stick is still slightly pushing the microswitch....not enough to activate it though, sort of like the dead zone of the microseitches.
    The biggist problem I've had with the crown series is that it's hard to get a full qcf motion without really pushing the stick through the diagonals. However, it could be my bad execution, but I didn't really have this problem playing on J-stick.
    Your assessment is right. It just takes an adjustment to find diagonals with a Korean stick. Back when arcades were the places to play, people would come in and tell me after that they had a hard time pulling off motions on Korean parts. Eventually they adapt.
  • FlundersFlunders Joined: Posts: 9
    So, anyway we can get the Myoungshin Fanta Airbag easily yet?
    Just burned trough my last old ass Myoungshin and I want to replace with this "new one" everyone is talking about.

I didn't like much the Crown 303N I last tried so the Airbags should be the next obvious choice to try.

International shipping is a must btw (Brazil), TY in advance.
  • aabyssxaabyssx Joined: Posts: 41
    I just bumped into this video. I wonder what this is. Maybe a new Crown?
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,644
    ^^ there's a blog post linked there:
    http://9rklk.tistory.com/17

looks like its still under testing... but the specs are interesting

PAiDunS.jpg

the microswitches are 400gf! and uses a different material actuator. more rubber tension too apparently.
    edited July 2015
    I've got quite a bit of testing done with all the mods done to my Crown 303FK.

As far as the Arcade Stick Indonesia mods, they are great. The added tension brings the stick to neutral faster as everyone says. The diagonals are easier to hit spot on (solely DF, UB ect), but I found the qcf and qcb motions harder to execute on them than with the stock microswitches. Since you're using a stick with higher tension, you have to use more force to go all the way to the diagonal...and for me, the dead zone was only a tiny bit smaller than stock parts. However, though the diagonals took a little bit of adjusting for me, it feels a lot better.

Now, the most interesting thing I've noticed is the actuator on k sticks. I see a lot of mods that use a metal or silicone actuator. Also, the new Crown 307 has a bigger actuator. Altough I can see the metal actuator some what effecting the stick if it is a heavy metal, I think that actuator mods are about size rather than material (I don't own any so please inform me on this). I've tested a lot of different materials wrapped around the actuator.
    So far:
    Electrical Tape
    Clear Scotch Tape
    Adhesive Tape (Bandage Tape)
    Rubber (taken off of a pen and stretched over the actuator)
    More than anything, I've found that size of the actuator is most crucial when trying to achieve a good feel. There is a reason why a lot of actuator mods have been said to be "sticky"...this is because the actuator is effecting the dead zone of the microswitches.

There is a point in a microswitch were the switch moves, but doesn't activate (I could be wrong). I'll make sure to make a video if anyone is interested in any of the actuator mods, but here are some quick images:
    2015_07_18_00_21_25.jpg
    2015_07_18_00_25_09.jpg
    2015_07_18_00_44_04.jpg

From this and testing I've concluded a few things. Firstly, an actuator that leaves space between itself and the metal part of the switch creates a big dead zone (bad, at least for me).
    Here is what most people do when they make a actuator mod (too large):
    2015_07_18_01_02_00.jpg
    Secondly, the actuator stays within the dead zone of the microswitch after I tapped a F input. This not only will lead to unwanted inputs, but it is the reason for the "sticky" feeling.
    My goal was to create a mod that added just enough surface area to fill the gaps (depending on your preference...you don't even need to fill the gaps in all the way to feel a difference), but not interact with the dead zone of the microswitches. Also, keep in mind that you want to choose a very thin tape. This allows your additions to be more precise. Here's what I came up with:
    2015_07_18_01_26_20.jpg
    Compare this to the actuator mod posted above:
    2015_07_18_01_40_32.jpg
    I hope this was informative. I'd like feedback because everything I've said is only based off a weeks testing. Plus, I'm not exactly a stick guru...

• kkoldingkkolding Joined: Posts: 152
    That is Help Me's new stick! he is sending me one soon, will do a review of it when I get my hands on it.
    Denmark CPH
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    As far as the Arcade Stick Indonesia mods, they are great. The added tension brings the stick to neutral faster as everyone says. The diagonals are easier to hit spot on (solely DF, UB ect), but I found the qcf and qcb motions harder to execute on them than with the stock microswitches. Since you're using a stick with higher tension, you have to use more force to go all the way to the diagonal...and for me, the dead zone was only a tiny bit smaller than stock parts. However, though the diagonals took a little bit of adjusting for me, it feels a lot better.

I really should look into getting a new ASI grommet. If literally everyone else is saying that it feels harder than the stock 303 one, then the one I have that feels softer must be a dud. That's a great post on the mods you tried though, LifeisGood. Great write up!
    edited July 2015
    kkolding wrote: »
    That is Help Me's new stick! he is sending me one soon, will do a review of it when I get my hands on it.

Help Me is working with Crown on the 309? I saw that there is a Help Me version of the CWL-307ST a while back. From what I noticed, it looks like the 309 is what they should have done in a long time. It has the 307's gate, the CWJ-303N's bottom end and the actuator of an Airbag lever. It's like they saw my 303/307 mod and realized that they fucked up. Judging from rough Google Translate reading, the 309 is really good.

At EVO, I got the 307ST. It sorta still has the same issues as the regular 307 such as the Matsushita switches not working well with a big actuator. The silicone tension grommet was what I was really aiming to try. While installing the grommet on my 303/307 hybrid mod, I do notice it's better in neutral returning than the usual rubber. Even if it's new, hopefully the silicone stays pretty tight for a while after heavy use.

I also bought the CWB-207 buttons. So far I am really impressed with Crown's new buttons. They certainly were trying to copy Green Game Land's custom buttons. While the 207s are not the same, they have a click in them. From my experience trying out Nin's stick at EVO 2012 and KOFTEKKEN's stick at Strongstyle, Green's button plunger caps have a tendency to go under the rim, the 207s don't do that but that's ok. It doesn't travel as much as other Crown buttons so be careful! Despite the 207s being made for 28mm holes, I was able to install it on a Razer Atrox's 30mm holes. I don't even have the tightener that was supposed to come with it and it's sitting tight without moving at all.

I will try to get pics from my recent Korean parts purchases ASAP!
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
    ^^who sells those new crown buttons?
    ^^who sells those new crown buttons?

I got mine when Paradise Arcade Shop was at EVO. They should have em online when they are set stateside.
    ^^also not sure what you mean by Green Game Land's buttons.. how are they special compared to the older crown buttons?

also to those who also use the myoungshin fanta, how wobbly is your lever on neutral? I know its part of "breaking in" the lever, but i'm not sure if this looseness of the lever in neutral is natural in all myoungshin fantas.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,366
    There is supposed to be this neutral zone in Korean sticks, its why some people sought after them.
    Tekken players especially likes this as you can shift into neutral without hitting dead center to pull off execution faster.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    edited July 2015
    ^^also not sure what you mean by Green Game Land's buttons.. how are they special compared to the older crown buttons?

also to those who also use the myoungshin fanta, how wobbly is your lever on neutral? I know its part of "breaking in" the lever, but i'm not sure if this looseness of the lever in neutral is natural in all myoungshin fantas.

Green's buttons are their own tech iirc. Upon further inspection in person, the button's cap and rim are different from Crown's buttons. While the 203s have a click of sorts, Green's buttons are much more prevalent when pressed. I did mention earlier that they sorta dig to the point the cap is under the rim.

Also I heard it's a sort of pain to get any parts from Green because they don't want them out in the public.

Kkolding probably can vouch for it since he has em.

As for the Fanta, I have a barely used one which was pretty tight. I swapped the Gersung switches with Matsushitas and replace the default actuator with a CWJ-303 one. The change did make it noticeably wobbly but still perform very well.
    edited July 2015
    im talking more about how the lever/shaft sits in general, specifically in myoungshins, the crowns seem to have a spring in them which prevents this. I don't mean the engage, or 'neutral zone' (those have been reiterated many times already), i just mean physically how the lever sits.

For example, like when you have it installed in stick, just lift the body shake it, the lever wiggles freely, loosely, but it doesn't engage or anything... i guess its just generally how these sticks are. and yes performance doesn't get affected... I have a 303 and like I said, the spring sorta prevents this thing:

here i made a vid:

making my hand vibrate so you see what I mean.

im mainly just wondering if this is normal over time for you guys with myoungshin fantas.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 322
    i posted this question in another thread i guess i posted it in the wrong one but can i fit a fanta in the new ps4 TE stick from MCZ? and if it doesn't Can i but a MCZ crown 303 and use the top to replace my fanta housing so it fits in a TE stick?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,366
    STK wrote: »
    i posted this question in another thread i guess i posted it in the wrong one but can i fit a fanta in the new ps4 TE stick from MCZ? and if it doesn't Can i but a MCZ crown 303 and use the top to replace my fanta housing so it fits in a TE stick?
    Fanta can't fit into a TE with out modification to the TE.
    Now there are crown sticks that do fit, its all detailed on the 1st page of this thread.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FabamaFabama Progenitor of the walk forward EX Grim Reaper Joined: Posts: 25
    @hibachifinal That's about as wobbly as my Fanta is/was. I've had mine and used it almost daily for six months or so and it remains similarly wobbly. I currently have it inside of a stick, so I can't make a video demonstrating it, but that seems to be pretty standard. I've only had experience with just this Myoungshin Fanta that I own, and one other, but they both seem similarly wobbly to the one in your video.

I think it's just a trait of the lever.
    Tekken is a pretty cool game.
    im talking more about how the lever/shaft sits in general, specifically in myoungshins, the crowns seem to have a spring in them which prevents this. I don't mean the engage, or 'neutral zone' (those have been reiterated many times already), i just mean physically how the lever sits.

For example, like when you have it installed in stick, just lift the body shake it, the lever wiggles freely, loosely, but it doesn't engage or anything... i guess its just generally how these sticks are. and yes performance doesn't get affected... I have a 303 and like I said, the spring sorta prevents this thing:

im mainly just wondering if this is normal over time for you guys with myoungshin fantas.

I get what you mean. A couple of my Fantas had that overtime. The mod I installed on my slightly new Fanta just makes it very wobbly because of the space around the actuator and microswitches.
    So having a little space around the actuator and the microswitches a good or a bad thing? Or is it just preference? It seems that there is a perfect sized actuator for each particular stick since they are all different. Like I said before, all the myoungshin fanta sticks have this sort of thing going on:
    2015_07_22_11_25_06.jpg
    And here is my stock crown:
    2015_07_18_00_44_04.jpg

I just don't know what is best (because I haven't played on a myoungshin in two years), can you k stick masters help me out?
    Personally space between the switches is more of a preference. I always seen Fantas from videos with the wobbling and I wanted to sort of have em on mine while still performing well.

*Sort of tangent incoming*

Most Fantas from Myoungshin are pretty good in staying pretty stable if it has Gersungs. Matsushitas are more sensitive so a large actuator wouldn't do well because it creates unintentional inputs if you go in hard or flick it.

I like Crown's answer with the CWJ-303 series where its actuator fits well with both types of switches. I even put the discontinued Starion switches and is pretty good.

As long as I can do inputs consistently without unintentional triggers, it's all good if they have gaps or not.
    ok so the 303 crown that fits into the TE stick what the difference between that and the 307 that $5 more? also the fanta conversion kit sold on focus attack it comes with micro switches and a rubber "thing" what different about the rubber thing that come in the crowns?

edited July 2015
    STK wrote: »
    ok so the 303 crown that fits into the TE stick what the difference between that and the 307 that $5 more? also the fanta conversion kit sold on focus attack it comes with micro switches and a rubber "thing" what different about the rubber thing that come in the crowns?

The CWJ-303 is priced less because the 307 is a more recent product. Feature-wise, the 303 uses a more conventional bottom end similar to the Myoungshin Fanta and Taeyoung levers while the 307 uses a different one. While they more or less act the same, the 303 has a small actuator while the 307 uses a larger one. The kit uses different microswitches to compensate for the heavier custom rubber grommet.
    does the conventional bottom change the performance at all? and what the difference in having an heaver bottom? is that like having a tight or loose spring?