Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 276
    edited July 6
    Dont get sad about sales pitches and/or press release claims, they're meant to sell. As for FA he probably just pasted the info Seimitsu sent him along with the samples to be tested.

Keep in mind the new ABV line by Panasonic has practically the same internal specs as discontinued AM5. Omron cloning an AM5 "to the bone" by redesigning the internals would be weird and why risk a trial for infringing on intellectual property ?
    Tweaking a hinge blade is an age old trick(best avoided, microswitches are not leafswitches) for arcade techs, this time it has been performed professionally with repeatable consistent results, not some freehand funny job. It's also cost effective compared to custom ordering a complete redesign of the innards of a switch still in production(also, if the inside was completely redesigned form scratch it wouldn;t be a V series anymore. Look at the tech sheet, a given switch series corresponds to a pin plunger model which serves as a core reference, to which you fix a certain type of special lever: short, medium, long, with roller, etc etc. You change the basic switch, you change the entire line. In t he same line of switches ,a very light 15gf pin plunger switch will not behave like an overly stiff 500gf pin plunger one in the same series though. That is why you often have values pertaning to a certain "pin plunger" value and need to refer to a chart to see how it translates when you have a special lever added, as it changes the actuating specs)

If you're worried about bending the hinge levers back straight again, I doubt it would happen in a LS-32 or LS-40, but only time will tell if they budge.
    What you want to avoid is having a situation where the pin plunger (or button) is completely depressed with part of the blade resting against the switch body, the actuator still pushing against the other portion of the blade, not having yet contacted the gate. That sort of configuration must at all cost be avoided, so if you plan on using the new omron switch on a customized joystick, check to see first (I doubt so as the bend angle is not that important ).
    Post edited by Agieze on
  • beat_beastbeat_beast Doorya Joined: Posts: 66
    I ordered the fujin from makestick.com a Week ago, still no confirmation i also emailed but no respone So far. Should I cancel and try again?
    Any other ideas?

Regards

Sorry for my gramma I'm from Germany
  • kuzmatechkuzmatech Joined: Posts: 3
    There seems to be a drought of Crown conversion harnesses in the UK , board also has 2-Pin slots but finding either .187" to 2-pin or the .187" to 5-pin appears to be pretty much impossible.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 233
    edited July 5
    kuzmatech wrote: »
    There seems to be a drought of Crown conversion harnesses in the UK , board also has 2-Pin slots but finding either .187" to 2-pin or the .187" to 5-pin appears to be pretty much impossible.

If you are willing to buy from France or Germany. I'm having the same problem and might just by mine from korea as I need a Fujin. Search for STARCAB and ARCADESHOP. There's a link to them in the tech talk rules thread.

EDIT: http://www.starcab.net/ (FR) https://www.arcadeshop.de/ (DE)
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 233
    @Chumpy, how have you found your Fujin and Taeyoung in the past couple of days? What have you found?
  • kuzmatechkuzmatech Joined: Posts: 3
    kuzmatech wrote: »

If you are willing to buy from France or Germany. I'm having the same problem and might just by mine from korea as I need a Fujin. Search for STARCAB and ARCADESHOP. There's a link to them in the tech talk rules thread.

EDIT: http://www.starcab.net/ (FR) https://www.arcadeshop.de/ (DE)

Found a solution, used some of the cables that I had lying around for buttons, the rubber fits around the terminals for the Crown stick and luckily my PCBs all have 2-pin directions so it works out.

Although ideally I'd want a more permanent solution, will probably import some with a Fanta from the US or something.
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 29
    @Chumpy, how have you found your Fujin and Taeyoung in the past couple of days? What have you found?

The Taeyoung has been stuck in customs so I haven't been able to pick it up yet. The Fujin has been really fun to use. It doesn't feel like any other lever i've tried. My movement is better on Airbag and Crown 309, but I still need more time to get used to the Fujin.
    I might swap out the grommet for something lighter like @DJ-Blitz said, but I will wait a couple of weeks to see how i adjust to the stock grommet.
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 12
    @Abev
    When you have the time of course, if you would please upload photos of your "soft grommet" Taeyoung lever here? I'm curious to learn if anything at all has changed with the lever; be it the housing, shaft, etc. I wonder if it is merely a Taeyoung lever with a new (softer tension) rubber grommet & nothing more.

Yeah, I'll take some pictures whenever it happens to come in.
  • halob212halob212 Joined: Posts: 16
    @beat_beast give it another week. Makestick didn't send me any shipping confirmation, it just showed up at my door after a week.
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 96
    I ordered again from Makestick 2 weeks ago and still nothing, longest they've ever taken so far. The transaction is gone and my money has been returned as well, I wonder what's going on. I'll give them a bit more time before I ask them about it I guess.
  • beat_beastbeat_beast Doorya Joined: Posts: 66
    Got a reply from makestick, they seems to have problems with PayPal but they got the order.
  • SEPU7V3DA-jInSEPU7V3DA-jIn SRK Reject Joined: Posts: 794
    Got my fujin in today
    Marvel
    TAG2
    SFxT
    Not enough time to practice
  • RaishinXRaishinX I fell off Joined: Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice pics. Mine came in yesterday. Can't wait to get it broken in. Not as tight as the old ones, as advertised.
    i just stared at beast for 5 minutes.... hes looking right at me
    like im poongko and i got his money -Jaja Novistro
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 326
    @Chumpy
    Thanks for the upload.

Everything appears to be near identical to the old Taeyoung, save for microswitch stamping appearing different than the GSM-V1623A2 switches found on the Myoungshin. The original Taeyoung switches were I believe GSM-V1623A2's but were brown in color with red tabs, if memory serves. It's too difficult to judge from the photos if the Taeyoung shaft is still ~2mm taller than the Myoungshin, but I'm sure it is.

How does the stock Taeyoung lever feel or differ from a stock Myoungshin in your opinion? I will add, for anyone who hasn't played on a Taeyoung before, to swap out the stock actuator for that of the Myoungshin. The stock actuator is notorious for missing diagonal inputs, even with the closer spacing of the microswitches (than that of a Myoungshin). If you don't have access to a Myoungshin actuator (or Golden Fanta actuators), then I suggest to at least reverse the orientation of the stock Taeyoung actuator. You will gain ~1mm or so in diameter, as the cylinder is ever so slightly graduated.
    I also like the HelpMe actuator for that as well. A must-have mod for the joystick. Also the microswitches are the same as the most recently released Taeyoungs from last time (2011?, earlier?). I wish red ones would come back out.
    Now etokki is selling the omni with the taeyoung instead of the Myoungshin. I just thought I'd add. I would be great if you could buy replacement parts for the Fanta sticks like dust covers and actuators because if you have an issue with it you will need to buy a new stick.

@wazwuz having the micros witches closer together should change how the golden Fanta mod should performs you think you would make taeyoung specific actuators?
    RaishinX wrote: »
    I also like the HelpMe actuator for that as well. A must-have mod for the joystick.

Is that a wise idea? I don't own a 309, but I imagine the actuators have the same ID as the 307/305/etc. & those are ~2mm too large for Taeyoung shafts. You can swap Myoungshin actuators; Golden Fanta actuators included. Though the ID of the ASI actuators is a hair smaller than stock Myoungshin, so a bit of liquid lube is necessary for them to fit. I'm using the bronze actuators on my Taeyoung now.
    The white actuator comes with that and it's smaller in diameter than the Myoungshin actuator.

Like that:

https://www.focusattack.com/crown-cwl-309helpme-k-jms-st35-joystick-clear-black/
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta Project Joined: Posts: 334
    Now etokki is selling the omni with the taeyoung instead of the Myoungshin. I just thought I'd add. I would be great if you could buy replacement parts for the Fanta sticks like dust covers and actuators because if you have an issue with it you will need to buy a new stick.

@wazwuz having the micros witches closer together should change how the golden Fanta mod should performs you think you would make taeyoung specific actuators?

From what i learn when making 309 Golden mod, closer switch did make engage distance shorter, I have to reduce 15,5mm actuator to 15mm for the same enggage distance as Fanta did using 15,5.

For now I have made some Golden Crown parts for testing
    Shaft 8mm, 9mm, 10mm
    Actuator 15mm, 15,5mm, and 16mm

I still haven't got the replacement parts from makestick to make it 309MJ, so I can't test it on chopped collar :(

ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
    RaishinX wrote: »
    The white actuator comes with that and it's smaller in diameter than the Myoungshin actuator.

Like that:

https://www.focusattack.com/crown-cwl-309helpme-k-jms-st35-joystick-clear-black/

Right, but I'm referring to the ID (inner diameter) & not the OD (outer diameter). The actuator would float; it'd be inconsistent.
    Oh is it? Hmm. Might need to wrap it in paper or something.....
  • ?AC?AC Joined: Posts: 95 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 8
    @Chumpy are those the old Black Gersung Hard Mircoswitches ? - those old brown red switches from 10+ years were starions have a picture of them somewhere with the name on the switch .
  • HassunHassun Joined: Posts: 71
    Does anyone know which lever Knee is using these days? I'm watching the Philippines REV Major tournament and it looks like he's using a Razer Panthera with a collared lever and a white battop so I'm assuming it's a Crown lever of some description.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,720
    edited July 8
    Just got my Taeyoung Fanta lever yesterday. Began to toy with it and realized the collar gate is a bit wider than than Myoungshin. I didn't play test with it yet but I installed the 8mm Golden Fanta shaft and feels nice on it. I did replace the rubber grommet with the GF very light tension.

When trying to install the normal Taeyoung shaft, it seems that the actuator is a bit too tall. Did anybody have this problem? Maybe I got a minor production defect. Sandpaper should be able to resolve it. EDIT: I just loosened the e-clip and it feels better.
    Hassun wrote: »
    Does anyone know which lever Knee is using these days? I'm watching the Philippines REV Major tournament and it looks like he's using a Razer Panthera with a collared lever and a white battop so I'm assuming it's a Crown lever of some description.
    Modified Myoungshin Fanta lever specifically made for Green Game Land/Green Arcade. It features silicone tension, a thinner shaft for long travel, a slightly smaller actuator, Panasonic switches and a custom white top.
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
    edited July 8
    @Antonio-o-o It's been so long since I last used a stock Myoungshin, as all my Fantas are modded with light tension and Panasonic switches (Airbag and Golden Fanta). I don't really remember how a stock Myoungshin performs haha. The Taeyoung does feel good to use though. The tension feels good to me. I installed the actuator with the biggest side touching the switches. I also noticed that the shaft sits tighter than a Myoungshin, less wobble.
    ?AC wrote: »
    @Chumpy are those the old Black Gersung Hard Mircoswitches ?
    The switches are harder than the ones that came with the Myoungshin
    Taeyoung top / Myoungshin bottom
    FA3tbA9.png
    edited July 10
    both switches have exactly the same catalog reference code, both are hinge lever type and rated at 120gf operating force (200gf for pin plunger).

Reading the markings, the top one used in Taeyoung is rated for use between 0-105deg celsius(standard) as it bears "T105".

The bottom one, used in Myoungshing is rated "T130" , which means 0-130deg celsius, and is then of heat resistive type, probably out of a different material ( common sense dictates this, as most companies change material for different temp apps to avoid having the casing melt , burn or crack) . Cherry (now called ZF) uses acetal for 0-85deg rating and switches to a special polyetheylene terephtalate grade for 0-150deg use. Actuating button material can change too (here the Gersung buttons are of different color for example, either to follow a color code and or the material is different ).
    It's not a general rule but it happens that with casing material change the actuating specs can change ever so slightly (never dramatic, and speaking of the same model in the same product series), generally the differences are listed, but Gersung decided not to mention the various temperature ratings on their website (they only mention the 130deg rating as being the "standard" temp rating which is misleading) ,so you'll only know how a standard GSM-V switch differs from a heat resistive GSM-V variant if you request the special variant in question and order a couple thousand switches from them. Take in consideration also that the Operating Forces are specified as being MAXIMUM VALUES, it means even switches made of the same material with the exact same electrical and mechanical ratings can differ a little. The magic of tolerances.

Post edited by Agieze on
    edited July 9
    All 4 switches from my Taeyoung required a bit more pressure than the Myoungshin (I actually like this). Is this the case with anyone else Taeyoung? The Myoungshin switches I used to compare this with were almost brand new (I swapped them out with Panasonic as I prefer them).
  • HassunHassun Joined: Posts: 71
    Hassun wrote: »
    Modified Myoungshin Fanta lever specifically made for Green Game Land/Green Arcade. It features silicone tension, a thinner shaft for long travel, a slightly smaller actuator, Panasonic switches and a custom white top.
    Damn.
  • fatpolomanjrfatpolomanjr Joined: Posts: 54 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My sanwa version Crown 309 (Helpme) Lever just came in from makestick. That's different from 309MJ right? Or is it the same?

That aside, this thing feels really great compared to the last crown I tried some 10 years ago. The one before felt super cheap and lightweight, and was just way too loose for my liking. I use a taeyoung fanta that isn't anywhere near the stiffness of the taeyoung fanta I bought from laugh back in the day when he would only take orders via PM on shoryuken. And this helpme lever is like halfway between the old crown that I tried and that super stiff taeyoung fanta. Stiffer than my current taeyoung for sure. I hope the helpme crown performs well once I've installed it.
  • ?AC?AC Joined: Posts: 95 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 9
    @chumpy thx for the pic . great they have those switches back -- prefer the old black harder gersungs for mishima's

which crown309 help me is the better stick - with colar or without . i can fit either one .

dont know why the taeyoungs now are being sold with soft rubber , the hard stiffness is what sets them apart from other Ksticks .
    Post edited by ?AC on
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,720
    edited July 9
    ?AC wrote: »
    dont know why the taeyoungs now are being sold with soft rubber , the hard stiffness is what sets them apart from other Ksticks .
    From what I gathered, heavier grommets are usually made for arcades so they can last after prolonged use from many people.
    It felt like the Kaze levers were about as stiff as the old Taeyoungs. Might wanna try those.
    Agieze wrote: »
    both switches have exactly the same catalog reference code, both are hinge lever type and rated at 120gf operating force (200gf for pin plunger).

Reading the markings, the top one used in Taeyoung is rated for use between 0-105deg celsius(standard) as it bears "T105".

The bottom one, used in Myoungshing is rated "T130" , which means 0-130deg celsius, and is then of heat resistive type, probably out of a different material ( common sense dictates this, as most companies change material for different temp apps to avoid having the casing melt , burn or crack) . Cherry (now called ZF) uses acetal for 0-85deg rating and switches to a special polyetheylene terephtalate grade for 0-150deg use. Actuating button material can change too (here the Gersung buttons are of different color for example, either to follow a color code and or the material is different ).
    It's not a general rule but it happens that with casing material change the actuating specs can change ever so slightly (never dramatic, and speaking of the same model in the same product series), generally the differences are listed, but Gersung decided not to mention the temperature ratings on their website, you'll only know how a standard GSM-V switch differs from a heat resistive GSM-V variant if you request the special variant in question and order a couple thousand switches from them. Take in consideration also that the Operating Forces are specified as being MAXIMUM VALUES, it means even switches made of the same material with the exact same electrical and mechanical ratings can differ a little. The magic of tolerances.

I noticed that it shouldn't be stiffer. Too many markings are similar. I didn't notice it was the temperature though. However I do wonder why so many people perceive these as stiffer. Could someone make a comparison video? or maybe try swapping out a couple of the old switches in there stick to see if some directions are stiffer?
  • dpadi006dpadi006 Joined: Posts: 3
    edited July 10
    @wazwuz I will be making the mods to my te2+ in order to install a myoungshin Fanta this week and would like to purchase your golden Fanta upgrade kit. Will there be another pre-order? Also what would be the price for the setup that Call2Arms used in his review video back in march?

Finally @Call2Arms which red battop is that? It looks SICK lol
    Post edited by dpadi006 on
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 12
    Also got my Taeyoung in today, though I see someone beat me to it with the pics. Feels really nice with the soft grommet IMO, perfect for my preferences.
  • SirGogglesSirGoggles Joined: Posts: 8
    I've been following this thread for quite a while, and I'm happy to report that I have a Crown 309 Helpme lever and a set of SDB-201C buttons on the way. Looking forward to using it with Tekken 7!

Quick question about the buttons -- does anyone have any knowledge about fitting them with LEDs? I was thinking about grabbing a Kaimana mini while they're still available and trying to make it work. The J2 LEDs from Paradise Arcade don't look like they would fit, so maybe that's a bad direction to take.

The only reference I can find of putting LEDs in these buttons is this video:

Looks like custom LED driver boards... any thoughts?
  • PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 288
    edited July 11
    Thanks @wazwuz , my Golden Fanta set showed up!

What are the shafts/actuators I am looking at here, size-wise? I can't find any specific information on what you're currently shipping, I was only able to dig up this old post: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/196736/korean-arcade-parts-discussion/p22
    SirGoggles wrote: »
    does anyone have any knowledge about fitting them with LEDs? I was thinking about grabbing a Kaimana mini while they're still available and trying to make it work. The J2 LEDs from Paradise Arcade don't look like they would fit, so maybe that's a bad direction to take.

The only reference I can find of putting LEDs in these buttons is this video:

Looks like custom LED driver boards... any thoughts?

Check Hibal's review, he clearly shows you where 3mm LEDs are supposed to be secured in the button housing. He also says there's a possibility that some buttons don't have holes and that you'll need to drill if it's the case. Starts at the 7th pic from the start.

http://hibal.tistory.com/963

• LBGLBG Joined: Posts: 61
    Pobega wrote: »

What are the shafts/actuators I am looking at here, size-wise? I can't find any specific information on what you're currently shipping, I was only able to dig up this old post: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/196736/korean-arcade-parts-discussion/p22

@wazwuz what does a guy have to do to get his hands on one of these golden fanta sets?
  • AznSensation45AznSensation45 Joined: Posts: 14
    @Pobega I believe its 8mm and 10mm shaft while the actuators are 15.5 and 16.5.

@LBG if you don't want to wait for the next batch then let me know.
    dpadi006 wrote: »
    @wazwuz I will be making the mods to my te2+ in order to install a myoungshin Fanta this week and would like to purchase your golden Fanta upgrade kit. Will there be another pre-order? Also what would be the price for the setup that Call2Arms used in his review video back in march?

Finally @Call2Arms which red battop is that? It looks SICK lol

Third batch will be ready around next week. i will post on arcade stick indonesia facebook when it is ready

I hope you find your perfect fanta :). It was 8mm shaft, 10mm shaft. 15.5 actuator and 16,5.

LBG wrote: »

@wazwuz what does a guy have to do to get his hands on one of these golden fanta sets?
    Nothing special, everyone can bought it. Only I have limited sets on every batch, so it is not always ready stock.
    When it is ready I will post it on arcade stick indonesia facebook page
  • PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 288
    I was able to dig up your original post about the retail Golden Fanta set, for those interested.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11319324#Comment_11319324
  • KrAzYsTePKrAzYsTeP Still here Joined: Posts: 158 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @wazwuz how close are you to golden 309 mods?
    PART OF RTSD, INC. IN ASSOC. WITH TEAM DUMA!!!

TEAM LEAN + NINJAS + VOLTRON = GGPO
    KrAzYsTeP wrote: »
    @wazwuz how close are you to golden 309 mods?

About 30% completion of 10 sets for the first batch
    @wazwuz, I'm not planning on being part of the next batch but if I was, would I be able to have made some of the parts in the original golden Fanta mod? I was reading that the green game land parts work well with Fujin V2 but I know that your not making that anymore. Thanks dude.
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 392
    I was able to dig up your original post about the retail Golden Fanta set, for those interested.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11319324#Comment_11319324

this was actually very informative, thanks.

the kit is awesome
  • dpadi006dpadi006 Joined: Posts: 3
    Can somebody explain to me how the actuator and shaft sizes interact? For example if you used a 9mm shaft and a 16.5mm actuator, wouldn't that give you the same effect of a 10mm shaft and a 15.5mm actuator?
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 66
    edited July 12
    Can somebody explain to me how the actuator and shaft sizes interact? For example if you used a 9mm shaft and a 16.5mm actuator, wouldn't that give you the same effect of a 10mm shaft and a 15.5mm actuator?

For me, I felt the 10mm shaft rides the gate at the top colla sooner than other shafts. And the 15.5mm actuator gave me more dead zone. Which meant a bigger neutral. If I were to use the 10mm shaft, I'd go with the stock actuator to make sure I'm getting solid actuation on the microswitches before I hit the top collar.

Just my 2¢.
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.

The smaller shaft give you a longer throw. The wider shafts do the opposite. The larger actuators activate the switches earlier. The smaller actuators do the opposite. Essentially you're confusing these two parts. The throw will continue after hitting the switch.