Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• jaquiojaquio Joined: Posts: 243
    rbuniao wrote: »
    Just letting you know that now you don't need to purchase an entire ls-32 (or in my case an ls-300 from Arcadeshock) just to get the new Omron microswitches. Focus attack sells them separately Omron microswitches
    You get a Seimitsu 5 pin PCB for a easy-swap, not just Omron switches. Btw LS-300 will be sold as LS-32.

• rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 147
    5pQeAKB.jpg

Making some final adjustments before my Tekken 7 pool at Evo since there's nobody at the time online at Tekken 7 ranked.
  • LBGLBG Joined: Posts: 61
    I recently got a 309helpme and I'm experiencing problems reliably hitting the corners... seems like there is some deadzone problems with it or something. Is anyone else having this problem? What help me regulate it?
  • POGNAIXPOGNAIX Joined: Posts: 8
    edited July 14
    LBG wrote: »
    I recently got a 309helpme and I'm experiencing problems reliably hitting the corners... seems like there is some deadzone problems with it or something. Is anyone else having this problem? What help me regulate it?

Hello? I live in Korea. The problem you have has been a big issue in Korea recently. Because of that problem, ISTMALL stopped making sticks. But most Koreans found the cause of the problem and solved it. The solution is to use A3 instead of Gersung's switch number A2, or use a Panasonic switch that has been discontinued.
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta Project Joined: Posts: 334
    rbuniao wrote: »
    5pQeAKB.jpg

Making some final adjustments before my Tekken 7 pool at Evo since there's nobody at the time online at Tekken 7 ranked.

Awesome, Tuning your own gear. Someday I will go to EVO and meet all of you guys :)

ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • HazzeroneHazzerone Joined: Posts: 24
    If I buy a Myoungshin Fanta from etokki.com and also buy a http://www.etokki.com/Misc/Fanta_rubber -_medium will this grommet switch replicate the feel of a Taeyoung Fanta?

Seems to me the only real difference is the stiffness of the stick which is due to the grommet, am I correct here?
  • LBGLBG Joined: Posts: 61
    POGNAIX wrote: »
    LBG wrote: »

Hello? I live in Korea. The problem you have has been a big issue in Korea recently. Because of that problem, ISTMALL stopped making sticks. But most Koreans found the cause of the problem and solved it. The solution is to use A3 instead of Gersung's switch number A2, or use a Panasonic switch that has been discontinued.

hmmm very interesting. But my stick doesn't have Gersung switches it has panasonic I believe. Thanks for clarifying though! I appreciate the help a lot. Maybe I can just swap the switches out of my fanta and use those because those are Gersung?
  • SirGogglesSirGoggles Joined: Posts: 9
    edited July 14
    Just a heads up for anyone ordering a 309HELPME from FocusAttack -- check your lever closely when you receive it.

I ordered a CWL-309HELPMEK-JMS-ST35, however I received a CWL-309MJ-KMS-ST25.

I got a very quick email response from FA's "Final Boss" that they will investigate, but it doesn't sound like I'll find out what's up until next week. Sucks that I didn't get this until late on a Friday...

In case anyone is wondering, the 309MJ came with Gersung A2 switches installed. This lever was supposed to go into a Korean Edition Panzer case, so I can't report how it actually feels to play with it. However, there's a couple of millimeters of slack before the hinge lever "clicks" the switch when working the action by hand. The neutral zone seems HUGE and the window for diagonals seems TINY... I imagine it would be missed input city if I playing with this stick.

Pics and videos for reference:

thpacfw.jpg

Pic of invoice showing 309HELPME
    Pic of 309MJ labeled box
    Pic showing shortened MJ collar

Video showing Gersung A2 hinge lever action
    Video showing lever neutral zone and diagonals
  • LordFuLordFu Joined: Posts: 45
    Even with panasonic switches, the areas for diagonals are not large. I have Gersung A3 swithes on a 309mj and it's tolerable, but the diagonal areas are pretty much the same as A2 switches. A smaller diameter shaft with a smaller diameter actuator would make Gersung switches a more viable option.
  • LFOLFO Joined: Posts: 12
    Hey guys, i'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but I was wondering if anyone else ever dealt with a Paewang pcb that isn't recognized by PC?

My Omni just stopped working on by my PC lately, and all I get is the "USB device not recognized" popup... Also, i've tested it on multiple PCs so at this point should I just accept that my pcb is dead?

Thanks in advance! :(
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 66
    edited July 15
    @SirGoggles , sucks man. Hopefully you get it swapped out soon and tell us what you think about the HelpMe version. I'm personally on the fence and would like to throw down on a Crown 309 HelpMe because my last crown was a 303 and I didn't mind it. Especially once I put the Panasonic switches in it (originally came with the gersung gsm-v023a3).

As of lately I've been tinkering around with my Golden Fanta Parts. I find myself playing on the 8 mm shaft/ Light Blue grommet/ stock actuator / and Gersung A2's lately and really digging it (I do plan on trying the Panasonics but the A2's haven't been bothering me so I've just been focusing on gameplay). After playing on the Green grommet for awhile, I felt like I could use more resistance. And this is where the golden fanta parts shine...

Have some of you guys been veering off from when you originally started with your Golden Fanta Parts? Just Curious.

Random sidenote: I did notice some of the Korean players at Evo last night playing on Razers with K-Mounted sticks (Knee, Dimeback, Saint, JeonDDing) which was cool.
    Post edited by jey-are on
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • TWINFETISH_orginalTWINFETISH_orginal hab u seen an alien Joined: Posts: 26
    LFO wrote: »
    Hey guys, i'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but I was wondering if anyone else ever dealt with a Paewang pcb that isn't recognized by PC?

My Omni just stopped working on by my PC lately, and all I get is the "USB device not recognized" popup... Also, i've tested it on multiple PCs so at this point should I just accept that my pcb is dead?

is it possible to force it into 360 mode? maybe you should do that and see if it works
  • UnicornSlayaUnicornSlaya Joined: Posts: 20
    What's your guy's thoughts on the 309MJ-ST35 against the Myoungshin Fanta? I was planning on buying the stuff from focusattack because of the sale, but I'm hearing about the microswitch stuff. And I'm just want to hear from other people lol
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,818
    We got a special run of the Version 2 Helpme directly from the creator for Evo. Amazing help from our Korean friends who carried these 10 levers over.

We will be working on getting more shipped asap. This is difficult to find because these are literally hand tuned levers. The bodies etc are stock but each stick is then tuned to precise specifications. We will keep everyone informed as we have a better delivery time frame

SirGoggles wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone ordering a 309HELPME from FocusAttack -- check your lever closely when you receive it.

I ordered a CWL-309HELPMEK-JMS-ST35, however I received a CWL-309MJ-KMS-ST25.

I got a very quick email response from FA's "Final Boss" that they will investigate, but it doesn't sound like I'll find out what's up until next week. Sucks that I didn't get this until late on a Friday...

In case anyone is wondering, the 309MJ came with Gersung A2 switches installed. This lever was supposed to go into a Korean Edition Panzer case, so I can't report how it actually feels to play with it. However, there's a couple of millimeters of slack before the hinge lever "clicks" the switch when working the action by hand. The neutral zone seems HUGE and the window for diagonals seems TINY... I imagine it would be missed input city if I playing with this stick.

Pics and videos for reference:

thpacfw.jpg

Pic of invoice showing 309HELPME
    Pic of 309MJ labeled box
    Pic showing shortened MJ collar

Video showing Gersung A2 hinge lever action
    Video showing lever neutral zone and diagonals

www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • ViolentKenVViolentKenV Joined: Posts: 8
    Cool, it would be nice to one of those Version 2 Helpme!
  • LFOLFO Joined: Posts: 12
    is it possible to force it into 360 mode? maybe you should do that and see if it works

You can cycle through the different modes by holding down the turbo button, but that doesn't work either... Same message.
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,818
    We completely sold out of the version 2 Helpme, but we are working on getting more. Also, purple bats will be for sale this week!
    19989532_1567742819953266_8457804056188251931_n.jpg?oh=7e00a1969cbed5bfc5ff0e8beb5d4e45&oe=59F57C59
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    armi0024 wrote: »
    We completely sold out of the version 2 Helpme, but we are working on getting more. Also, purple bats will be for sale this week!

Can you share any details about this version 2 Helpme? Switches used, grommet type/strength, etc? I'm sure we'd all love to pics even :)
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,720
    edited July 18
    Back from Evo! I bought a Helpme V2 lever (@hibachifinal wanted one). Since it was the Japanese flat plate version, I swapped the plate and flat gate with the 309's Korean parts. From what I tested, changes are subtle. The most obvious difference was that the Helpme V2, at least in the latest shipment uses Gersung GSM-V0323A2 switches for left, right and down. The up direction features a GSM-V1623A2 switch which recalls the Kaze V2 switch. Tension felt a bit lighter than the stock 309. Maybe it's a placebo but moving around the edges feels considerably smoother.

Oh yeah, the Helpme arcade stick case I assume is from a Chinese design after seeing some of the cases PAS was selling at Evo. As for the Zero Plus artwork, it seems likely unrelated to Brook which the parent company is Zero Plus.
    LFO wrote: »

It could be a dead PCB or one of the USB's individual wires disconnected to the PCB.
    edited July 18
    I see i got recently the 309mj version 1 that came with GSM-V1623A3, i thought someone in here said they are older switches than what is out now, but if that is true then how come i got these switches if it was a recent buy from makestick not that it exactly matters it is a nice stick!
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 277
    edited July 18
    I see i got recently the 309mj version 1 that came with GSM-V1623A3, i thought someone in here said they are older switches than what is out now, but if that is true then how come i got these switches if it was a recent buy from makestick not that it exactly matters it is a nice stick!

I've never heard of 309MJ v2 (perhaps it exists) , the news is about the original Helpme309 which seems to be revised to V2.

"old" vs "new" A2 switch... it's not really the problem. The switches are identical but rated at different temperatures, the differences should be minute since both are supposed to comply to the same data sheet specs except for temp rating.

what we should be worrying about is Makestick/IST who doesn't care to tell their customers what type of switches are mounted in the levers they sell (they give you whatever they have in stock) , since they don't present any reference code as seen on US and EURO arcade parts webstores : overseas refs contain "KMS" or "JMS" code which means Korean Mounted Switches or JapaneseMS.

Still, if it says "KMS" you can get any GSM-V Gersung : A2,A3, A4... will they dare put A5? Not to mention the "dreaded" different temp rated version you shouldn;t be so afraid of .

At least when JMS is present in the ref , it means you're getting one and only type of switch, a specific AM5 Panasonic model.
    You know what? I bet the US/Euro ref is just the real catalog ref from Crown, it's just that IST/Makestick do not specify the refs at all for certain commercial reasons.

Once you understood the trick, you know what you're in for when you order from Makestick: the microswitch lottery.

Concerning the purple battop seen on several pics from Korea, Crown had gamers vote online on Ruliweb to propose a new battop color which should be on their catalog from then on. It wasn't sepcified if it was reserved for a specific model, unless I missed something.
    edited July 18
    The v2 is not from ist or Makestick

This is done by the South Korean modder who did the original that was then reproduced.

I will try to get some more details but he is, understandably, not wanting to disclose every mod/trick. He did this for v1 and that didn't end well.

On another note, our sticks are not from Makestick/IST and we have brought a native speaking Korean translator who competes on board to help offer the best products we can.
    edited July 18
    @armi0024
    Did I ever imply V2 was from IST ? Never. The only "mod" I've heard from IST was the FLF and it's a Myoungshin variant, not a Crown.
    I was replying to ViolentKenV about the "old" vs "new" A2 switches he was concerned about, and the fact that Makestick doesn't specify what they sell exactly.

You're exagerrating with the "hidden specs" . If the body is stock and switches not a custom run, all the rest (actuator & shaft dimensions) can be measured easily . Grommet material, if different, can only be "guesstimated" by people who work in the elastomer industry and to be honest, the Korean modders copy the myoungshin and crown grommet dimensions anyways, except for some additional small holes.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,315
    Agieze wrote: »
    @armi0024
    Did I ever imply V2 was from IST ? Never. The only "mod" I've heard from IST was the FLF and it's a Myoungshin variant, not a Crown.
    I was replying to ViolentKenV about the "old" vs "new" A2 switches he was concerned about, and the fact that Makestick doesn't specify what they sell exactly.

You're exagerrating with the "hidden specs" . If the body is stock and switches not a custom run, all the rest (actuator & shaft dimensions) can be measured easily . Grommet material, if different, can only be "guesstimated" by people who work in the elastomer industry and to be honest, the Korean modders copy the myoungshin and crown grommet dimensions anyways, except for some additional small holes.

I think he was responding to Phantomnaut though I could be mistaken @armi0024....
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    "Hidden Specs" ? I should have called them top secret level clearance specs. I don't know how I exaggerated anything, there are modifications to the grommet and body with different switches used.

There has been a lot of discussion about the IST/Make stick levers, I was saying that we do not use them. There has been a lot of off line discussion as well.
  • lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 233
    edited July 19
    I was not aware that there were variations in the Helpme stick. I'm interested in trying out the V2 when it's in stock.
    @Agieze thanks for the info, now I know! I only called it version 1 because I thought there was a version 2 which I stand incorrect. I find the Korean sticks to be Awesome. I like the way they play, I been playing with Japanese sticks for a while which the Sanwa JLF-TPRG-8AYT-SK Silent Microswitch Joystick is pretty good, but once i got a hold of the Crown I'm a fan!
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 234
    edited July 19
    I'm confused. Is this "V2" everyone is talking about modified by Crown? I don't get the discussion, who is the modder? I thought it was just a purple crown 309. @Agieze is sort right about "hidden specs" in that all its changes could be measured and replicated. Data sheets can tell us everything useful about the switches too. OF, pre travel and such.
    The v2 is not from ist or Makestick

This is done by the South Korean modder who did the original that was then reproduced.

I will try to get some more details but he is, understandably, not wanting to disclose every mod/trick. He did this for v1 and that didn't end well.

On another note, our sticks are not from Makestick/IST and we have brought a native speaking Korean translator who competes on board to help offer the best products we can.

@armi0024, What "V1" are you talking about in this post? I've no idea what joystick you mentioned. Is it something that has been mentioned in this thread? I have no problem reading through them again.

also what happened when he disclosed the mods and tricks? The Golden Fanta has literally every aspect of it(besides maybe your personal bat/ball top) documented. Shaft diameter and weight, actuator diameter and weight, the tension of the grommet down to the 5A and the Fanta body has been measured before.
    edited July 19
    @ProgressiveBalance
    Crown never really came up with the "Helpme" lever on their own, then renamed to 309 Helpme upon official release. It's a Korean modder who fiddled around probably with a 303 body and came up with several modifications for the said body but also for the actuator etc, either on his own or in collaboration with Crown/Samducksa. It is unclear if the modder is "Helpme" or if it was customized specially for a given Korean Tekken champion, I missed that part and don;t recall ever having read the info.
    For the sake of comparing what is going on, look at the unreleased "Infiltration lever", Infiltration participated in the testing/developing of his own signature lever, but the hardware being this time more than just a mod, the name of the product designer was known since Crown decided to have the public follow the last steps from the prototype to final production model, with plethora of pics showing each and every individual part of the assembly : the designer for SDL301/SDL301DX is Yo-O (who posts regularly on various blogs, forums etc, updating info as soon as possible, which is unheard of in terms of conceiving a commercial lever design.)

Back to the 309,when Crown released the 309 Helpme (either CWL-309Helpme-K-KMS-ST35 or CWL-309Helpme-K-JMS-ST35) , it was what is now called "309Helpme V1".
    K stands for the korean collar, KMS/JMS Gersung(Korean) or Panasonic(Japanese) switches and ST35 for the 35A silicone grommet. A ref most Korean webstores do not present to consumers for unknown reasons.

V2 comes from the same modder, according to what has been explained, who did the very first Helpme everyone knows now. 309 is the series number which corresponds to the body (except the collar) that has been chosen for 2 other iterations for now: "chopped collar" 309MJ & collarless 309M.
    The battop color does not come from the modder though, it has been voted online at Ruliweb for the next color to figure in the Crown/Samducksa catalog, but concerning the dimensions, that may be eventually something new (eventually, needs confirmation)

*******It may be confusing for some since the 309MJ has already been presented by Crown and Korean reviewers as a form of Helpme "V2" without ever mentioning the version number of course, since the collar has been revised (chopped collar) and the grommet revised as well, with a lower shore hardness (25A instead of 35A). K-collar 303 has also been revised as MJ but still then, it never was with the reference "V2", just MJ. Collar-less 309, the 309M, is also another revised version made on purpose for many stick companies ( and consumers) who need to save space in the fightstick case and avoid the traditional Korean high collar. That's the version Wazwuz received instead of the 309Mj he ordered from IST.*********

Armi0024 in his presentation post claimed the Helpme 309 V2 body was V1 stock http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11368862/#Comment_11368862

but now claims the body has been modified too

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11371345/#Comment_11371345

being very busy at his booth, he probably didn;t have the time to check these details .

IMHO, the modder refusing to say what has been modded (without giving values out of course, which is normal) is either untrue or plain retarded if it's the case. It is counterprodutcive to refuse to explain what has been modified and why. Generally modders will say something like "we put the switches closer together after having sanded flush the protrusions (the protrusions are where the the switch locating pins are) , we also installed a switch plate for precision, then we used a slightly reduced diameter actuator in a wear resistant material, with a special profile that differs from stock. Actuator surface kisses the switch levers, there is practically no gap, so no wobbly dead zone. We used a thicker shaft diameter to reduce throw at the collar for better play and a lighter battop for comfort. We put medium force panasonic switches instead of Gersung for better sensitivity also. We kept stock XshoreA hardness grommet from Z company " . This way no measurements are given out but at least the CLIENT is INFORMED of what the mod is all about in terms of feel, throw etc.
    The secretive "just buy it, it's a rare custom unit hand tuned to special specs" motto just sounds plain wrong. Is the throw larger, smaller? How do the switches feel? Are they ultra stiff A4 or softer A2? What's going on with the actuator and switch placement? etc etc.

Phantomnaut bought a unit at EVO if you followed the thread a few posts above, and according to his post he states there is a switch mod similar to Kaze (up switch is different from the other 3) , and minute changes to the other parts (easy guess: actuator and shaft, perhaps also grommet), the thing is he probably doesn;t walk around with a caliper and a shore hardness device so it's impossible for people who go to a convention to give out measurements on the go, don;t worry, the specs will be given out soon enough (if worth the trouble ) on this forum after being tested and measured .

• PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 291
    Where can I find Crown 309 replacement shafts? I'd prefer not to go down the route of shafts with Sanwa battops, as I like the feel of Korean battops.
    Pobega wrote: »
    Where can I find Crown 309 replacement shafts? I'd prefer not to go down the route of shafts with Sanwa battops, as I like the feel of Korean battops.

Bad news for you, although Makestick and ISTmall sell spare ball/battops, they do not sell 309 shafts. Supposedly there is a problem with the stock, Crown doesn't send them spare 309 handles.
    source http://istmall.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?goodsno=9992402&category=

edited July 19
    Found these links to pics of the 309 Helpme V2 on PAS twitter:

DEyTF7CU0AEWB1w.jpg DEyTHPrVoAAgntL.jpg

Bottom shot confirms what Phantomnaut reported as the softer switch on the up ala Kaze. My eyes can't spot any obvious differences from a stock collar-less 309M, but I'm just a regular know-nothing dude on the internet.

we will have them for sale later this week or early next.

@Agieze please be accurate in your statements, you have misrepresented my statements several times.
    For reference, no where did I say anything about V2 being V1 bodies, maybe translation is difficult
    We had several conversations with different people about this lever an others, including Saint's own custom work. I said it was my understanding the bodies were modified slightly.

Since we sold all ten to people, who begged us to sell our last one at evo, you will have to wait for one of them to indulge you or be satisfied waiting for us to get another set of sticks.

I realize that blowing this up to be more than it is, can be a habit, but please, resist that this time, I simply said this:
    We had the V2 levers
    The mods to them were not fully disclosed
    They were not IST versions, but rather Helpme's actual levers we received.

Please show me where the "just buy it, it's a rare custom unit hand tuned to special specs" was said.

Your creating issues that are not there, and beyond my statements above is simply conjecture that I ask you stop.
  • PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 291

we will have them for sale later this week or early next.

Awesome! What section on your website will they show up? I am gonna keep my eye on it all week :)
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 124
    I'm so lost on this V2 stuff.
    Is it possibly just a collarless 309 with the stiffer grommet from a collared 309helpme w/gersung switch with a softer switch for up?
    I'm guess the lighter switch for up has to do with allowing to side step easier when playing tekken 7? i noticed when i try to side step up if you don't tap up quick enough the character jumps. Then again maybe they just did that because fighting games use left right down directions more than up.
    edited July 19
    platynumx wrote: »
    I'm so lost on this V2 stuff.
    Is it possibly just a collarless 309 with the stiffer grommet from a collared 309helpme w/gersung switch with a softer switch for up?

According to Ruliweb, this Helpme V2 lever with the purple bat is basically a 309 based lever that HelpMe himself is modding and selling directly to people.

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/game/82170/board/read/9424884

Besides the switch set up, there's not a lot of info on differences between the ones he's modding and the stock ones coming from Samducksa (Crown).

Sounds like the way most people are getting them is to get talk to him directly via KakaoTalk, and there's a two week backlog at the moment.

Also according to Ruliweb, the purple bats are exclusive to the levers HelpMe is making. Red and white bats are still coming from Samducksa (Crown):

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/game/82170/board/read/9426915
  • everythingWasBeeseverythingWasBees Full of questions Joined: Posts: 158
    So I dropped by PAS at EVO, and picked up a HelpMe V2 and a set of the screw in 30mm crowns.

I'm not gonna weigh in on the differences between this and the other HelpMe levers as I've not used them extensively, but the V2 is a dream. I'm still travelling so I haven't yet used it for Tekken, but I'm quite liking it for anime. None of the issues hitting diagonals I had with my 307, every movement is incredibly smooth, the stick slides back to neutral nicely, and it never feels too loose or like there's too much tension. I was originally planning on having this in my sidestick, but I'm enjoying it enough that it's gonna end up in my primary stick.

The buttons are rather nice too. Definitely like them more than your standard Sanwas and Seimitsus, but not sure where they stand when compared to my set of RGs. They sound incredibly satisfying though.
    edited July 20
    For reference, no where did I say anything about V2 being V1 bodies, maybe translation is difficult

Oh yeah? (I'll pass on the condescending comment about the translation...) I cited you already in another post, here's what you said earlier, in post n 11368862
    This is difficult to find because these are literally hand tuned levers. The bodies etc are stock but each stick is then tuned to precise specifications.

You suddenly changed a few posts later stating in post n 11371345
    there are modifications to the grommet and body

They were not IST versions
    Who the heck ever talked about the V2 being an IST version ? I sure never did!

Please show me where the "just buy it, it's a rare custom unit hand tuned to special specs" was said.

here it is in post n 11368862:
    This is difficult to find because these are literally hand tuned levers [...] each stick is then tuned to precise specifications

You literally claimed each stick was finetuned individually.
    I am so sorry to have written "rare" instead of "hard to find".
    Truth is Helpme has probably an agreement with Crown to sell himself some new variants. After all they're using his name handle for commercial means.
    the problem is, Helpme handed out a few months ago some V2 levers to some buddies of his and one of them in particular stated the only difference (from a regular Helpme model) was the bat color and the switches .

*****************************************************************************************************
    Please read the following info you probably missed 2 months ago.

"Hmongbettaman" posted 2 months ago about the Helpme V2.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11293848/#Comment_11293848
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11293986/#Comment_11293986
    It was then used in Korean arcade parlors.

HELPME offered a V2 in person to Hmongbettaman , and I quote him directly,
    HelpMe is one of my best friends
    I have it (the purple lever) exceptionally from Helpme
    mini_170515061911844914.jpg

Notice it is not a 309M body ( = "Sanwa" Helpme309) , but a regular looking K-collar Helpme body with a purple top.
    Is it really regular? read on:

Helpme's personal friend said about the V2:
    only microswitch are changed. they are a little bit more firm than the first gen.
    first gen : Gersung (A2) microswitch
    second gen (purple) : panasonic microswitch, and purple color, the new color for crown sticks
    the rubber is the same

So according to him the 309Helpme"V1" had Gersung switches (not true, JMS option existed and was purchased bygamers from this forum)
    He claimed V2 had instead PANASONIC switches which are considered superior (It's true the Panasonic are superior, but the V2 you sold at EVO has GERSUNG switches).
    He also said that Helpme told him the V2 had the SAME grommet as in "V1" (it means 35A silicone grommet).
    Please look at the second citation in this post, it shows a sentence where you claimed the GROMMET is different.
    Another bit of info that shows what is going on.
    No mention about the Kaze style mod with one different OF switch , it could be that either it wasn't the case at the time or that Helpme asked him to not disclose the "trick".

I confronted Hmongbettaman with the proven fact that Crown sold 309Helpme "V1" with switches other than what he claimed there was in stock version. Pics all over the web showed regular 309Helpme with various OF Gersung models as well as Panasonic switches.
    At the time I did "conjecture" that all this 1st gen, 2nd gen etc story was all bullshit. I was right about the bullshit, but wrong about the fact that it wasn't official. Different gens are official, BUT....

....Speaking of bullshit, get a good look at the KMS version of 309Helpme (understand the HelpmeV1) on Samducksa's official site:

PD_1_453.jpg

We see on the catalog that V1 Helpme has 4x Gersung GSM-V***A4

Hmongbettaman's V2 had FIRMER switches than the "V1" according to Helpme's sales pitch. He said:
    only microswitch are changed. they are a little bit more firm than the first gen.

But on the pics of the V2 sold at EVO right here on this thread, we see 3x GSM-V***A3 + 1x GSM-V****A2.
    They're all SOFTER!!

Helpme, in his defense, is probably unaware that Crown puts whatever switch they feel like in terms of operating forces when it comes to KMS -korean switch version- anything from A2 to A4 Gersung, not conforming to the specs in their catalog.
    (Catalog shows A4, but rarely seen if ever by clients, speaks volumes)

V1 has been sold with sets of A2 and other V1s have been seen with A3. It means to have the present V2 feel all you need to do is get your hands on a Helpme V1 that happens to have A3 switches, then replace one by a A2. Of course you won't have the gorgeaous purple exclusive color.

SirGoggles recently posted an article from Ruliweb (official news from Crown employees and designers) that states that the purple battops are exclusive to Helpme's modded sticks he's selling these days (V2) .
    Bryan you're saying you'll sell purple battops very soon. Great news indeed! It also proves that Crown is bullshitting everyone again by claiming purple is an exclusiive color reserved for Helpme's special modded variants, since anyone will be able to buy the said purple tops .

IT is completely counterproductive for Samducksa/Crown then to offer "modded" versions sold as rarities that have just a switch mod and a battop that is soon available as a spare, making a big fuss about it, speaking of "special specs" and "hand tuning" .

• masked ridermasked rider Henshin! Joined: Posts: 1,221
    edited July 20
    I order a Crown 309MJ and holy shit are the diagonal zones tiny. Unless I ride the gate really hard, I will miss the diagonal input every single time. Is this just how the stick is or is there a fault in these? From what it sounds like, SirGoggles and POIGNAX mentioned the same issue.
    I order a Crown 309MJ and holy shit are the diagonal zones tiny. Unless I ride the gate really hard, I will miss the diagonal input every single time. Is this just how the stick is or is there a fault in these? From what it sounds like, SirGoggles and POIGNAX mentioned the same issue.

If you want to fix this, grab a set of four Gersung A3 switches (FA sells them) and install them onto the 309MJ. I did this on the 309MJ that was mistakenly sent to me to try and determine what the problem really was (switches vs. angles vs. collar/gate). The diagonal zone instantly went from like 1% to about 11%, which I think is the normal expected behavior.

All the chatter about a bad batch of A2 switches on recently sold Crown levers seems to have some truth to it. The reports in this thread (and on Korean boards) of an easy fix via A3 microswitch looks like the way to go.
    For what it is worth, I made a short video showing a 309MJ with both Gersung A2 and A3 switches installed. It's clear that the A2 diagonal zone is TINY when compared to the A3.

Crown 309 -- A2 vs A3 switches

I suppose the ultimate test would be to hook this up to Tekken and fire up practice mode with the input overlay turned on. Then start doing 360°s on the lever and see if diagonal inputs are missed.
    @Agieze, please stick to the facts, which you have many of on the sticks and stop obsessing about every little point you want to make to prove everyone else wrong. You do this every time your ocd kicks in about a subject. I've been quiet for a while on SRK but man this is the same crap you pull every time. You do have a great amount of insight on things, but then you completely exxagerate or change what other people say just so you can make your counter points so here, since your links don't work, I just copied the text.

To your first point below the statement was
    "We got a special run of the Version 2 Helpme directly from the creator for Evo. Amazing help from our Korean friends who carried these 10 levers over.

We will be working on getting more shipped asap. This is difficult to find because these are literally hand tuned levers. The bodies etc are stock but each stick is then tuned to precise specifications. We will keep everyone informed as we have a better delivery time frame"
    IN NOT ONE PART OF THAT POST DID I SAY THAT THE V2 HAD THE V1 BODIES, NO WHERE, NOT SAID
    I stated the bodies of the V2 were stock and didn't say they were the same stock as V1. Sorry but I didn't accidentally say this, I just stated the V2 were stock bodies.

I then went on to say that the stock bodies were modified, which is what we were told. So I'm still not sure what the problem is. We know that there are modifications, this is based on a stock stick with modifications. No change...

I will skip the IST statement, as I was not referring to you, I don't remember saying "agieze said this", sorry you took that personally.

Finally, I still did not say just buy it, you seem to miss many of the fine points, insert your own assumptions and then make statements and argue with them like I made these assertions that exist only in your head.
    Each one is built and individually tuned, we received this information directly from Helpme
    and as far as hard to find, there are roughly 10 of these in the us right now so that is pretty hard to find

Now the rest of your post, is actually useful information, so thank you for sharing.
    Agieze wrote: »

Oh yeah? (I'll pass on the condescending comment about the translation...) I cited you already in another post, here's what you said earlier, in post n 11368862
    This is difficult to find because these are literally hand tuned levers. The bodies etc are stock but each stick is then tuned to precise specifications.

You suddenly changed a few posts later stating in post n 11371345
    there are modifications to the grommet and body

They were not IST versions
    Who the heck ever talked about the V2 being an IST version ? I sure never did!

here it is in post n 11368862:
    This is difficult to find because these are literally hand tuned levers [...] each stick is then tuned to precise specifications

You literally claimed each stick was finetuned individually.
    I am so sorry to have written "rare" instead of "hard to find".
    Truth is Helpme has probably an agreement with Crown to sell himself some new variants. After all they're using his name handle for commercial means.
    the problem is, Helpme handed out a few months ago some V2 levers to some buddies of his and one of them in particular stated the only difference (from a regular Helpme model) was the bat color and the switches .

*****************************************************************************************************
    Please read the following info you probably missed 2 months ago.

"Hmongbettaman" posted 2 months ago about the Helpme V2.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11293848/#Comment_11293848
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11293986/#Comment_11293986
    It was then used in Korean arcade parlors.

HELPME offered a V2 in person to Hmongbettaman , and I quote him directly,
    HelpMe is one of my best friends
    I have it (the purple lever) exceptionally from Helpme
    mini_170515061911844914.jpg

Notice it is not a 309M body ( = "Sanwa" Helpme309) , but a regular looking K-collar Helpme body with a purple top.
    Is it really regular? read on:

Helpme's personal friend said about the V2:
    first gen : Gersung (A2) microswitch
    second gen (purple) : panasonic microswitch, and purple color, the new color for crown sticks
    the rubber is the same

So according to him the 309Helpme"V1" had Gersung switches (not true, JMS option existed and was purchased bygamers from this forum)
    He claimed V2 had instead PANASONIC switches which are considered superior (It's true the Panasonic are superior, but the V2 you sold at EVO has GERSUNG switches).
    He also said that Helpme told him the V2 had the SAME grommet as in "V1" (it means 35A silicone grommet).
    Please look at the second citation in this post, it shows a sentence where you claimed the GROMMET is different.
    Another bit of info that shows what is going on.
    No mention about the Kaze style mod with one different OF switch , it could be that either it wasn't the case at the time or that Helpme asked him to not disclose the "trick".

I confronted Hmongbettaman with the proven fact that Crown sold 309Helpme "V1" with switches other than what he claimed there was in stock version. Pics all over the web showed regular 309Helpme with various OF Gersung models as well as Panasonic switches.
    At the time I did "conjecture" that all this 1st gen, 2nd gen etc story was all bullshit. I was right about the bullshit, but wrong about the fact that it wasn't official. Different gens are official, BUT....

....Speaking of bullshit, get a good look at the KMS version of 309Helpme (understand the HelpmeV1) on Samducksa's official site:

PD_1_453.jpg

We see on the catalog that V1 Helpme has 4x Gersung GSM-V***A4

Hmongbettaman's V2 had FIRMER switches than the "V1" according to Helpme's sales pitch. He said:

But on the pics of the V2 sold at EVO right here on this thread, we see 3x GSM-V***A3 + 1x GSM-V****A2.
    They're all SOFTER!!

Helpme, in his defense, is probably unaware that Crown puts whatever switch they feel like in terms of operating forces when it comes to KMS -korean switch version- anything from A2 to A4 Gersung, not conforming to the specs in their catalog.
    (Catalog shows A4, but rarely seen if ever by clients, speaks volumes)

V1 has been sold with sets of A2 and other V1s have been seen with A3. It means to have the present V2 feel all you need to do is get your hands on a Helpme V1 that happens to have A3 switches, then replace one by a A2. Of course you won't have the gorgeaous purple exclusive color.

SirGoggles recently posted an article from Ruliweb (official news from Crown employees and designers) that states that the purple battops are exclusive to Helpme's modded sticks he's selling these days (V2) .
    Bryan you're saying you'll sell purple battops very soon. Great news indeed! It also proves that Crown is bullshitting everyone again by claiming purple is an exclusiive color reserved for Helpme's special modded variants, since anyone will be able to buy the said purple tops .

IT is completely counterproductive for Samducksa/Crown then to offer "modded" versions sold as rarities that have just a switch mod and a battop that is soon available as a spare, making a big fuss about it, speaking of "special specs" and "hand tuning" .

• masked ridermasked rider Henshin! Joined: Posts: 1,221
    SirGoggles wrote: »
    For what it is worth, I made a short video showing a 309MJ with both Gersung A2 and A3 switches installed. It's clear that the A2 diagonal zone is TINY when compared to the A3.

Crown 309 -- A2 vs A3 switches

I suppose the ultimate test would be to hook this up to Tekken and fire up practice mode with the input overlay turned on. Then start doing 360°s on the lever and see if diagonal inputs are missed.

Thanks for the demo, looks like the best option is to order some replacement switches then.
  • m_abdalla3m_abdalla3 Joined: Posts: 2
    Funny thing is when I digged up the start of the thread a few comment through google there were so many mixed reviews with the panasonics to gersung
  • NabeelRobinsonNabeelRobinson Joined: Posts: 7
    Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a Kaze stick lever and a Fanta airbag?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a Kaze stick lever and a Fanta airbag?

Start going back and reading the past pages of the thread. I forgot where but this has been discussed on the thread.
    And yes I am to lazy to link it for you.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."

http://makestick.com/us/?menuType=product&mode=list&lcate=002
  • NabeelRobinsonNabeelRobinson Joined: Posts: 7
    @Darksakul Thanks I got the site, @platynumx I've been on that website for awhile looking for the kaze lever and the fanta airbag but it's out of stock, I tried contacting them and I got no response :-(, I've also tried IST and it's also out of stock lol
    Ist and makestick is the same outfit.