Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• zero_requiemzero_requiem Joined: Posts: 65
    edited August 9
    Hassun wrote: »
    Got one of the new Taeyoung Fantas from Etokki today and I have to say that I find it really hard to hit diagonals on this one.
    A while ago I saw @Antonio-o-o mention to replace the actuator with the one from the Myoungshin Fanta. Is this still considered to be the best way to get it to hit the corners better?

I find it relatively easy to do diagonals on the stock taeyoung but inputs are super sloppy. I've tried to put the myoungshin actuator on the taeyoung but it didn't fit. I was trying to force it on but it's to long and you would have to shave a little off to make it work. Currently using the golden fanta kit on my taeyoung without the switch support and I find it overall easier to do everything with mishimas on it compared to the myoungshin with the same set up. One other thing to note is I'm using the thai Panasonic switches with it. Gonna switch back to the myoungshin in a couple days then try the golden crown kit on my fujin v2.
  • DARTHLORD_SVDARTHLORD_SV Joined: Posts: 32
    I want to share my experience: I add 1.5 mm to the shaft of my myoungshin and was improved my execution not only in tekken, also in kof ans sfv.
  • DJ-BlitzDJ-Blitz Power Is Everything Joined: Posts: 158
    wazwuz wrote: »
    DJ-Blitz wrote: »
    @wazwuz

Is there a chance you could make oversized grommet bushings for the myoungshin or crown levers?

The fujin's is about 1mm larger in diameter than standard and I feel this really improves the performance of the grommets. It could be a placebo effect, but I feel like I hit the sweet spot in the grommet sooner and the lever returns to neutral quicker.

which diameter? the inside diameter for shaft, or the outside diameter for the grommets (against inside diameter of the grommets)?

The outer diameter that the grommet secures around. I'll see if I can get a pic sometime this week.
  • PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 297
    What are people using for oversized actuators that fit on the stock Myoungshin shaft? I'd like to get a slightly larger diameter actuator like the 16.5mm in the Golden Fanta set, but that one doesn't seem to fit on the stock shaft.
  • stringfellowstringfellow Custom Rig. Common Man. Joined: Posts: 21
    Hi @wazwuz , if you're making any more of the Golden Fanta mods in the future, I'd like a chance at purchasing and trying them. Just got my Taeyoung eTokki Omni a few weeks back, and seriously is a gamechanger compared to old Sanwa JLF sticks that a staple in my country. Please add me to the list when it's in production.

Shipping should be easy too, I'm just across the Strait of Malacca. Selamat Malam/Pagi!

Greetings to every else too. Been a long time lurker/reader of the forum, only felt the need to register recently when Tekken 7 came out and rekindled that old flame. Was happily a casual player since I left Tekken after Tekken 3. Been playing since the first Tekken came out in the arcades as well. The older Tekkens may look and play dated, but the chills when I hear King's Tekken 2 theme. Nostalgia's a powerful thing :)
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 505

Hi @wazwuz , if you're making any more of the Golden Fanta mods in the future, I'd like a chance at purchasing and trying them. Just got my Taeyoung eTokki Omni a few weeks back, and seriously is a gamechanger compared to old Sanwa JLF sticks that a staple in my country. Please add me to the list when it's in production.

Shipping should be easy too, I'm just across the Strait of Malacca. Selamat Malam/Pagi!

Greetings to every else too. Been a long time lurker/reader of the forum, only felt the need to register recently when Tekken 7 came out and rekindled that old flame. Was happily a casual player since I left Tekken after Tekken 3. Been playing since the first Tekken came out in the arcades as well. The older Tekkens may look and play dated, but the chills when I hear King's Tekken 2 theme. Nostalgia's a powerful thing :)

Welcome to the forums.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    edited August 9
    Pobega wrote: »
    What are people using for oversized actuators that fit on the stock Myoungshin shaft? I'd like to get a slightly larger diameter actuator like the 16.5mm in the Golden Fanta set, but that one doesn't seem to fit on the stock shaft.

I think people were saying if you grease up the actuator you can hammer it on. But you have to grease it otherwise if you do get it on without the grease, you won't be able to get it back off. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny that.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • GenesysGenesys Joined: Posts: 5
    edited August 9
    Umm, I had the same exact feeling of diagonals being missed a lot when I got my Taeyoung. But its been about 2.5 weeks now and the rubber has loosened up a bit. My execution speed has def gone up, and my wavedashing is better as well. Just give it time before you decide to add any mods. You might like it once the rubber looses some of its tension. Its still not 100% what I wanted, but its much better than what I first got it.
  • dpadi006dpadi006 Joined: Posts: 7
    If anybody is interested in buying a my remaining golden Fanta set I would be willing to sell it to you. I was able to find the right fit for me using the 65 shore tension grommet and the stock 9mm shaft and 16.5mm actuator (which are both stock sizes of the fanta.)

As such I have no use for the remainder of the set and would sell it at a very discounted price for anybody interested!

I just design new support plate for Myoungshin.

NcdJAiN.jpg
    this design is not finish yet (buttom plate), still need some tweaking.

Awesome! I want one haha
    edited August 10

Welcome :)
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta Project Joined: Posts: 355

hallo bro, salam kenal.
    I just order Taeyong from Etokki, When I can get my hands on it, I will confirm is Golden Fanta mod will work for Teayong or not.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
    edited August 10

hallo bro, salam kenal.
    I just order Taeyong from Etokki, When I can get my hands on it, I will confirm is Golden Fanta mod will work for Teayong or not.

No need. I've been using it for over a week now and everything fits perfectly. Have yet to try the switch support since the switches are seated better than myoungshin.

[img][/img]IMG_20170809_222209.jpg

IMG_20170809_222444.jpg

IMG_20170809_222616.jpg
    Post edited by zero_requiem on
    @wazwuz Brilliant! Will wait for the good news.

Cheers @VarmintBaby @zero_requiem !

Anyone had experience ordering from Makestick or Akishop JP? Order a couple of things from them (309MJ with A3 switches and harness from Makestick, Sanwa OBSF30 and 24 from Akishop JP), and they do take their time shipping them. Progress/status of order didn't move from "Payment completed", it's been 5 days for Akishop JP, and Makestick's order page progress is even more spartan than Akishop JP. Pretty sure 5 days for buttons is kinda pushing it (pun intended). I chose to order from these two stores as they're closer to me for shipping, if I only know they're this sloppy, I'd go FocusAttack, ParadiseArcade or Arcadeshock even if they're further from me, I don't mind paying extra if that afforded me some form of communication about what the order status is at. Sigh......
    edited August 10

Anyone had experience ordering from Makestick or Akishop JP? Order a couple of things from them (309MJ with A3 switches and harness from Makestick, Sanwa OBSF30 and 24 from Akishop JP), and they do take their time shipping them. Progress/status of order didn't move from "Payment completed", it's been 5 days for Akishop JP, and Makestick's order page progress is even more spartan than Akishop JP. Pretty sure 5 days for buttons is kinda pushing it (pun intended). I chose to order from these two stores as they're closer to me for shipping, if I only know they're this sloppy, I'd go FocusAttack, ParadiseArcade or Arcadeshock even if they're further from me, I don't mind paying extra if that afforded me some form of communication about what the order status is at. Sigh......

I've ordered a couple times from makestick before and and most I wait a week for it. That's coming all the way from Korea to Canadia. As for focus attack I waited about a month for an order than had plexi glass. I know it's out of their hands when it leaves the shop but I have no clue why it takes that much longer when I pay the exact same as makestick to ship it. Nice pin btw I enjoyed it very much so :).
  • k701k701 Joined: Posts: 41

When I ordered from makestick my order arrived in about 4 days but I never got a shipping notification or tracking number. It just showed up.
    edited August 10
    @stringfellow You should look at www.etokki.com for some stuff too. They ship pretty fast and provide you with status updates.
    @zero_requiem thanks, bro. I'll wait for a couple more days before I press them for update. Thankfully I paid via Paypal.

@k701 hmmmmm, where do you live, sir? South Korea is less than 6 hours flight from where I am, I wanna think that I get treated the same, but I don't wanna be too hopeful on that. Does Makestick have the tendency to take orders without stocking them? The 309MJ and harness was marked as available when I ordered them. And I know the case of A2/A3 switches but that was solves 2 weeks back with 309MJ with A3 switches already shipping at that time.

@VarmintBaby I wish eTokki carries 309MJ, they only have the 303 and 305. They do have the harness though. I prefer eTokki because their line of communication is fast, quick and excellent. Matt of eTokki was very helpful with the Omni order I made, and they shipped my Omni 3 days earlier than the expected shipping date. Top notch service!

My pride and joy. Never had I fall in love with an arcade stick more than this beauty. I've several Sanwa stick (SFV TE2+, KI TE2 *going to be gutted, 309MJ with EZ MOD+Brook UFB going into it instead, Razer Atrox XB360 version), they're okay in terms of build, but the Omni is on a whole new level, solid build!

gmB0Gs2.jpg
    je9w6uW.jpg
    edited August 10
    @zero_requiem thanks, bro. I'll wait for a couple more days before I press them for update. Thankfully I paid via Paypal.

@k701 hmmmmm, where do you live, sir? South Korea is less than 6 hours flight from where I am, I wanna think that I get treated the same, but I don't wanna be too hopeful on that. Does Makestick have the tendency to take orders without stocking them? The 309MJ and harness was marked as available when I ordered them. And I know the case of A2/A3 switches but that was solves 2 weeks back with 309MJ with A3 switches already shipping at that time.

@VarmintBaby I wish eTokki carries 309MJ, they only have the 303 and 305. They do have the harness though. I prefer eTokki because their line of communication is fast, quick and excellent. Matt of eTokki was very helpful with the Omni order I made, and they shipped my Omni 3 days earlier than the expected shipping date. Top notch service!

My pride and joy. Never had I fall in love with an arcade stick more than this beauty. I've several Sanwa stick (SFV TE2+, KI TE2 *going to be gutted, 309MJ with EZ MOD+Brook UFB going into it instead, Razer Atrox XB360 version), they're okay in terms of build, but the Omni is on a whole new level, solid build!

gmB0Gs2.jpg
    je9w6uW.jpg

No worries man. Shoot Rohan an email at makestick.com he's pretty good at replying back at a decent time. I agree completely with the etokki omni but it took some little time getting used to how small the surface is compared to madcatz sticks. Currently using the te2+ to test the golden fanta but once I find the perfect set up and that's if I find it I'll throw it into the etokki. For know nothing beats the fujin v2 when I'm using mishimas. Just too much of a hassle to keep opening the etokki lmfao did it like 4 times one day and had enough. Etokki is amazing at delivering orders within a few days but they don't have much variety in terms of joysticks. I love the artwork you put on the omni!
    @zero_requiem the first email I got from Rohan mentioned something about "not press 'confirm' button for receiving the values in Paypal website", whatever that means. I don't really have a choice as other online stores either have the harness or the 309MJ, not both.

The artwork was a trial-and-error thing, but turned out pretty good. Didn't want the obvious references from the official Tekken CGI renders, the artists who work on these custom player panels in the game, did a phenomenal work with their art, I'm a huge fan of "jbstyle". The stick is dedicated to the Mishimas (bought the Omni for the specific reason of executing Mishima moves, and I'm still learning them, coz I main King and Paul mostly), but I'm only decent with Heihachi at the moment.

I didn't expect Heihachi to be "peeking" between the buttons through. :p
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 83
    :o Very cool stuff @wazwuz . Very cool to see you come up with solutions and share it with K-stick fans.
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • HassunHassun Joined: Posts: 89
    I want to share my experience: I add 1.5 mm to the shaft of my myoungshin and was improved my execution not only in tekken, also in kof ans sfv.
    How did you do that?
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 238
    @wazwuz, nice addition to the golden fanta mod. I can't think of what else needs to be done! The only other mod that i can think of is moving the switches closer like the fujin, but that would require lots of modding by the user and its even harder to find where best to place the switches and size of new actuators.
  • sinonicksinonick Joined: Posts: 19
    edited August 10
    just curious, on sticks like the taeyoung and the 309 where switch support is solid, what is the point of the support plate?
  • masked ridermasked rider Henshin! Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Ahh, looks like I missed out on the Golden Crown preorder.

Just out of curiosity, how do Gersung A3/A4 switches compare to Panasonic AM5? I received the Panasonic switches to swap into my 309MJ which had A2 switches and it feels much better. My only issue now is that I find some difficulty stopping at exactly df on 1P side as the diagonal zone is still fairly small. I'm not sure if having a stiffer switch would help me feel out the diagonals in this regard, or if it's just a learning curve I need to overcome as this is my first K-stick. Other than that, the 309MJ performs great. Playing a Mishima on 1P side is so much easier now compared to when I was on a JLF.
    @wazwuz Very nice top and and bottom switch support! When will the fourth batch of golden fanta go up for pre-order? Gonna pick up 2 sets if it's still available in which I will give the other to my twin brother.
  • ewgf87ewgf87 Joined: Posts: 7

Yeah I also ordered a few Crown grommets and a Myoungshin Fanta from Makestick and I'm having the same things happened to me. It'll show that it's paid for but doesn't show it shipping or any status. I sent them an email yesterday and no response yet. Hopefully it just shows up at my door soon. Should've just ordered the Myoungshin Fanta from Focus Attack and wait for the Gold Crown kit.
    ewgf87 wrote: »

Yeah I also ordered a few Crown grommets and a Myoungshin Fanta from Makestick and I'm having the same things happened to me. It'll show that it's paid for but doesn't show it shipping or any status. I sent them an email yesterday and no response yet. Hopefully it just shows up at my door soon. Should've just ordered the Myoungshin Fanta from Focus Attack and wait for the Gold Crown kit.

I find whenever I order from makestick l I get is an email stating that payment has been accepted then the package shows up within a week at most.
  • kimjongskillkimjongskill Joined: Posts: 5
    So I just noticed that the fujin v2 is back in stock http://makestick.com/us/?menuType=product&mode=view&prodCode=2017012400001

I was discussing with somebody on another forum and he said the reason they stopped selling the lever was because the microswitches were made by panasonic who have stopped producing them. Does this latest batch use replacement microswitches and are they inferior in any way? Still new to korean arcade parts and sticks in general having only used my omni with the taeyoung for a few weeks but heard good things about the fujin and anxious to try it out.
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta Project Joined: Posts: 355
    edited August 11
    sinonick wrote: »
    just curious, on sticks like the taeyoung and the 309 where switch support is solid, what is the point of the support plate?

309 and taeyoung already have flat base for switch, but they don't have support plate. Only airbag (top) and fujin (bottom) have support plate. Golden Fanta mod combine both (top and bottom) support plate to mount switches perfectlly flat on myoungshin.

Bottom support plate is making sure it have flat base (especially for myoungshin), while top support making sure it have same force on wider area while tighten the switches and prevent the switch tilting due to excessive force in one side.
    @wazwuz Very nice top and and bottom switch support! When will the fourth batch of golden fanta go up for pre-order? Gonna pick up 2 sets if it's still available in which I will give the other to my twin brother.

Thank you for your support. I will start making more golden fanta next mont after golden crown first batch is finished.
    @wazwuz, nice addition to the golden fanta mod. I can't think of what else needs to be done! The only other mod that i can think of is moving the switches closer like the fujin, but that would require lots of modding by the user and its even harder to find where best to place the switches and size of new actuators.

I think we have enough improvement on golden fanta and can called it retail version, thank you so much for the feedback. This community project is awesome and i'm proud being part of it. I will try to market Golden Fanta outside this forum for the retail version.
    Post edited by wazwuz on
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
    @wazwuz thanks I look forward to it. Thanks for all the hard work you put into to designing and building these kits!
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 401
    yeah thanks for the kits and continuing to improve the kits
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,560
    Are there any concerns with fitting a 309MJ into a HRAP 4 Kai? Wanna make sure that chopped collar won't prevent me from installing it.
    edited August 11
    i installed it, worked like a charm
    you'll have bend one of the switch leads a little bit to avoid bending the harness cable on the side
    friendly tip, look for a harder grommet because the 25g one is a joke (i used a 35g from the 309FJ and it still needs to be a little bit more stiff imho)
  • ewokewok Joined: Posts: 10
    By the way, are there any silent switches for korean sticks? I've been having evening wifey problems as of late. Got my buttons silenced, but it seems that won't cut it.
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 229
    hey guys, I've been meaning to try a Korean stick for a while, I know most people mod theirs due to preference but what would you guys say it's the best stock Korean stick? thanks.
    for me it was the taeyoung fanta (the 2017 etokki one that has the soft grommet and gersung A2s)
    but really why keep it stock? modding the stick is easy
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 121
    So I just noticed that the fujin v2 is back in stock http://makestick.com/us/?menuType=product&mode=view&prodCode=2017012400001

I was discussing with somebody on another forum and he said the reason they stopped selling the lever was because the microswitches were made by panasonic who have stopped producing them. Does this latest batch use replacement microswitches and are they inferior in any way? Still new to korean arcade parts and sticks in general having only used my omni with the taeyoung for a few weeks but heard good things about the fujin and anxious to try it out.

Welp, only one way to find out. I just ordered one myself just now.
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 229
    for me it was the taeyoung fanta (the 2017 etokki one that has the soft grommet and gersung A2s)

I wanted something good to start with then mod it to my preference. in terms of japanese levers I like the ls40 and busa with 2lb spring.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,108
    ewok wrote: »
    By the way, are there any silent switches for korean sticks? I've been having evening wifey problems as of late. Got my buttons silenced, but it seems that won't cut it.
    The only silent switches that come to mind are the reed switches (Omron D2RV) that Sanwa uses for the silent JLFs. Now, versions of those switches that comes with levers (like the switches found in K-sticks) exists. However, I have no idea if the levers are the right size to work in a Korean stick nor do I know if the switches themselves work out resistance-wise in terms of precision of input. They're also very expensive for micro switches (~$8/ea usually). Might be worth a shot but it also might be equally as effective as flushing $40+ down the toilet.

https://www.omron.com/ecb/products/sw/11/d2rv.html

Probably either the D2RV-L or D2RV-LG as the levers on the D2RV-L11 (and 11LG) looks like it would be too short. Thoughts?
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    @zero_requiem I'd understand the nature and scale of a small home-based storefront if Makestick is operating as such (Akishop doesnt look small scale to me), but even then, they should've known what the status of the order is. Are the items available? Are they awaiting packaging and shipping? If they're shipping, what service is used and the tracking detail, etc. I've dealt with smaller home-based setups with even more niche nature of interest, and even these folks understand the importance of customer communication. I've waited 3 months for a custom artisan Star Wars collectible to be built, and he's operating out of his storage room in Tokyo, with a lesser command of English than these guys at Makestick or Akishop. And he made an effort (him using Google Translate) to communicate when it'll be complete, and when it's packed and shipped. Point is, I don't really care about broken English, but I appreciate the most, the effort made to communicate with paying customers.

....... sorry about that, I didn't mean to rant, and certainly not directed at anyone here, I'm just frustrated with this silence. :s

@sinonick didn't realize the 2017 eTokki Omni comes with A2 switches. Diagonals works fine for me on the Omni, but the 309MJ diagonals fiasco with the A2 switch got me worried about my own 309MJ lever ordered from Makestick. They're one and the same, right? (The A2 switch I mean).

@wazwuz looking good, bro! Counting the days for you to produce more Golden Fantas! I'll probably just run mine with the grommets, shaft and actuator from your Fanta kit when it receive it, I'm out of my depth when it comes to drilling or anything more complex like that. And then, there's also the issue of whether your Fanta mod works with Omni's Taeyoung lever......although I believe someone earlier confirmed that it does work with that lever.
    EndRant wrote: »

I wanted something good to start with then mod it to my preference. in terms of japanese levers I like the ls40 and busa with 2lb spring.

Would you be dropping it into a Japanese mount or Korean mount case?

I also feel like it's still a preference question. A person who's tried them all could give good insight. Idk who here has. My experience though:

With Japanese mount, has only been crown 303 and 307. I really liked the 303 a lot versus the 307. I even contemplate getting a k-mount version. Thing about it is that the throw is long. Not really comparable to the ls40 you like, but maybe towards the busa you like (I've heard they have a farther throw).

As for k-mount, I've only messed with a myoungshin fanta and crown's 309 helpme. I liked them both. Both have their preference, I felt the M-fanta you didn't have to throw far to actuate the switches and there was more wiggle room between actuation and top collar gate. So I didn't feel a need to ride the gate with it. I also prefer the tension in it. With the 309, the tension was lighter but was still able to get the job done, won't tire you out if you use a high movement/execution character for a long session. I liked the Panasonic switches that came with it, it's a shame they won't come with them anymore. I feel like I hit the gate more but maybe some ppl prefer that. It's still a good stock lever though. I tried it with A2'S and A3'S and didn't feel like I was hindered in anyway with directional input. A3'S felt like it had better feel to make up for the lighter grommet tension.
    -Usually plays Tekken.
    @sinonick didn't realize the 2017 eTokki Omni comes with A2 switches. Diagonals works fine for me on the Omni, but the 309MJ diagonals fiasco with the A2 switch got me worried about my own 309MJ lever ordered from Makestick. They're one and the same, right? (The A2 switch I mean).

@stringfellow i certainly hope so, I have heard of variations of the same switch before, but mostly harmless with no actual difference (like temperature ratings or a different print on the switch).

@jey-are buddy i had been trying to find a comparison of panasonics, A2s and A3s on the 309 for a good while now. Thanks!

one last thing now, i have in my possession a few arcade parts and i'm willing to provide upclose pictures, compare stuff, mix and match components and try things out (within reason). I've been trying for a while to gather information so i feel this could help someone out.

I own the following:
    Hori RAP4 KAI
    Hori Hayabusa + 2lb and 4lb springs + kowal octogate + oversized actuator
    Seimitsu LS-56 + the octogate + the low throw mod
    309FJ (no collar) and 309MJ (chopped collar) with panasonic switches and 25g and 35g silicon grommets (also expecting the 60A black rubber one from FA soon)
    Taeyoung Fanta with soft and medium rubbers equipped with the default Gersung A2s + the kowal universal plate
    I also have clear sanwa and seimitsu 30mm and 24mm buttons, the crown harness and some more stuff
  • kimjongskillkimjongskill Joined: Posts: 5
    edited August 11
    FatalFRAME wrote: »

Welp, only one way to find out. I just ordered one myself just now.

Yup same, fingers crossed... seems unlikely though.

Also what are opinions on the Kaze and Airbag lever also on makestick. Is the airbag the myoungshin airbag mod I've seen talked about a couple times in this thread? Can't find much opinion on the Kaze. I was planning on adding both to my order with the Fujin but they were out of stock. Are they worth trying out at some point?

So far I have the taeyoung and myoungshin (ordered from etokki which had visible damage when it arrived - they told me is 'the norm' apparantly) and a Fujin on the way. Do the Kaze and Airbag have any advantages over these?
  • RomieRomie Joined: Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I decided to play around with the 309MJ that had the A2 switches. I put these switches in;

https://www.focusattack.com/new-seimitsu-2017-ls-32-ls-40-187-fastener-microswitch/

and the diagonals feel much easier to hit. Only thing is I had to straighten out the metal lever that hits the switch, otherwise I was getting accidental inputs cause the actuation distance was too short.

@stringfellow i certainly hope so, I have heard of variations of the same switch before, but mostly harmless with no actual difference (like temperature ratings or a different print on the switch).

@jey-are buddy i had been trying to find a comparison of panasonics, A2s and A3s on the 309 for a good while now. Thanks!

one last thing now, i have in my possession a few arcade parts and i'm willing to provide upclose pictures, compare stuff, mix and match components and try things out (within reason). I've been trying for a while to gather information so i feel this could help someone out.

I own the following:
    Hori RAP4 KAI
    Hori Hayabusa + 2lb and 4lb springs + kowal octogate + oversized actuator
    Seimitsu LS-56 + the octogate + the low throw mod
    309FJ (no collar) and 309MJ (chopped collar) with panasonic switches and 25g and 35g silicon grommets (also expecting the 60A black rubber one from FA soon)
    Taeyoung Fanta with soft and medium rubbers equipped with the default Gersung A2s + the kowal universal plate
    I also have clear sanwa and seimitsu 30mm and 24mm buttons, the crown harness and some more stuff

Don't forget that I was chiming in on the 309 Helpme (Korean mount) and not the 309mj (chopped collar). I hear about the directional issues coming from the "MJ" users and not so much from the "Helpme" users.
    -Usually plays Tekken.
    I am under the impression the diagonals issue has to do with the switches and nothing to do with the collar. The 309s are identical except for the collar (the top plastic part and ofc the plate) afaik. @jey-are
    i installed it, worked like a charm
    you'll have bend one of the switch leads a little bit to avoid bending the harness cable on the side
    friendly tip, look for a harder grommet because the 25g one is a joke (i used a 35g from the 309FJ and it still needs to be a little bit more stiff imho)

I agree completely with it feeling too loose and currently using a 55a shore grommet on it.