Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,842
    edited June 23
    Installed the Golden Fanta 7mm shaft and 14.5mm actuator on the Kaze V2 lever. Feels pretty good on that too.
    KrAzYsTeP wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it cost to ship from Makestick.com to US? is it a flat fee?

It depends on weight. If you are gonna get parts, I think it's like $20-30.
    sgraff1 wrote: »
    Ok guys, I had to go pick up my golden fanta mod, and now i'm stuck.

how do i remove this black piece on the original myoungshin rubber, and put it on the golden fanta grommets?

http://imgur.com/a/HhIII

Just stretch the middle part of rubber a bit so you can just take the plastic piece out.
    @Antonio-o-o How did you get a white bat-top? I saw this picture a while back but i thought it was an earlier Fujin lever or something from Green Arcade.

Paint.
  • PobegaPobega supreme scrublord Joined: Posts: 305
    CaliburX wrote: »
    Pobega wrote: »
    So I received my replacement Myoungshin Fanta, and lo and behold it has the exact same issue -- one direction is NOTICEABLY easier to push than the others.

I'm not sure exactly what is causing this issue, but I took the time out to cut off the excess rubber from my original grommet and it seems to be much better -- but that could be in my head.

Anyone have any ideas?

I had the exact some problem with my M.Fanta Lever, it was the forward input that took no force to actuate, but my friend who ordered his M.Fanta say that all his side were even, so I'm guessing we just have bad luck.

For what it's worth I was able to resolve my issue by mixing and matching parts between the replacement and original until I ended up with a Fanta that is mostly equal in all directions.

And now I'm in love with K stick and might replace the JLFs in my other sticks with Crown 309MJ.
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 108
    edited June 23
    @Antonio-o-o How did you get a white bat-top? I saw this picture a while back but i thought it was an earlier Fujin lever or something from Green Arcade.

Weren't the levers that came in a joytron exchanger arcadestick solid white versions of crown? That could possibly be one.

Edit: even though they were solid white, those versions of crown had blue collars and blue lower body. Kinda like the 303's
    Post edited by jey-are on
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • sgraff1sgraff1 Joined: Posts: 24
    edited June 23

Just stretch the middle part of rubber a bit so you can just take the plastic piece out.

Thanks man appreciate the help managed to get it on (I had to stretch the fugg out of the rubber, kinda scared me a bit), and this is how my new stick looks like.

PXbuCmk.jpg
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 331

Phantomnaut is right; it's paint. I used SEM "Sailcloth" White, & buffed with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. I painted a Taeyoung battop as well, but omitted the polishing to keep it more matte & less like a Myoungshing battop. I prefer the proportions of the Taeyoung to the Myoungshin overall. Though I don't have a close up, here's a quick shot of the white Taeyoung:
    Lva4Ef8.jpg
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 34

Phantomnaut is right; it's paint. I used SEM "Sailcloth" White, & buffed with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. I painted a Taeyoung battop as well, but omitted the polishing to keep it more matte & less like a Myoungshing battop. I prefer the proportions of the Taeyoung to the Myoungshin overall. Though I don't have a close up, here's a quick shot of the white Taeyoung:
    Lva4Ef8.jpg

That stick looks super clean overall.
  • Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 331
    edited June 23
    Abev wrote: »
    That stick looks super clean overall.

I'd go as far to say that the inside is even cleaner than the outside, considering just how wiring was necessary. There's 2 additional 24mm buttons mounted on the front facing lower bezel that aren't pictured for example, but thanks @Abev.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 584
    sgraff1 wrote: »

Thanks man appreciate the help managed to get it on (I had to stretch the fugg out of the rubber, kinda scared me a bit), and this is how my new stick looks like.

PXbuCmk.jpg

You forgot to put the Gold "dustwasher" on it. Don't forget to take off the plastic on the dustwasher. Just keep picking at the sides of it until it starts to peel off.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    @wazwuz are there any more spots available for Golden Fanta? I'd like to pimp out my Myoungshin
  • sgraff1sgraff1 Joined: Posts: 24
    edited June 23
    @VarmintBaby

I just realized that too. lol thanks
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 143
    @wazwuz are both actuators supposed to be the same size in the golden fanta kit?

• wazwuzwazwuz Golden Fanta & Crown Project Joined: Posts: 418
    KrAzYsTeP wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it cost to ship from Makestick.com to US? is it a flat fee?

@wazwuz Are you going to be able to replicate the grommets for the 309mj out of silicone?

Yes, I will make new mold for new version Crown (thicker grommets). and provide 35 clear, 45 green, 55 blue, 65 red silicone grommets
    @wazwuz are there any more spots available for Golden Fanta? I'd like to pimp out my Myoungshin

I have some sets in stock, contact me via email arcadestickindo@gmail.com
    platynumx wrote: »
    @wazwuz are both actuators supposed to be the same size in the golden fanta kit?

no. the smaller is 15.5mm and slightly bigger is 16mm
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • CaliburXCaliburX Joined: Posts: 25
    CaliburX wrote: »
    So I received my replacement Myoungshin Fanta, and lo and behold it has the exact same issue -- one direction is NOTICEABLY easier to push than the others.

I'm not sure exactly what is causing this issue, but I took the time out to cut off the excess rubber from my original grommet and it seems to be much better -- but that could be in my head.

Anyone have any ideas?

I had the exact some problem with my M.Fanta Lever, it was the forward input that took no force to actuate, but my friend who ordered his M.Fanta say that all his side were even, so I'm guessing we just have bad luck.

For what it's worth I was able to resolve my issue by mixing and matching parts between the replacement and original until I ended up with a Fanta that is mostly equal in all directions.

And now I'm in love with K stick and might replace the JLFs in my other sticks with Crown 309MJ.

I had to do the same thing. I replaced the stock M.Fanta grommet with a Fujin 2, works great with Gersung A2 switches.
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 113
    edited June 24
    Anyone hear news on Crown/Samducksa SDL-301-DX Infiltration lever?
    Apprently it's early 2017 and still haven't seen one.
    Scotch wrote: »
    Anyone hear news on Crown/Samducksa SDL-301-DX Infiltration lever?
    Apprently it's early 2017 and still haven't seen one.

No one's heard a thing. And don't go to Infiltration's stream asking cause he'll ignore you. At least he did me.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Anyone have any input on how much neutral wiggling I *should* expect out of a Myoungshin Fanta? I'm used to Sanwa being pretty still at neutral, but my Fanta feels "loose"
  • LordFuLordFu Joined: Posts: 55
    That sounds normal. There's no spring to provide resistance in the dead zone, so it feels loose until you begin to compress the grommet.
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 315
    @wazwuz
    I saw your golden fanta grommets have 4 holes, one in each corner, but unlike the myungshin/taeyoung the 4 corner holes have much wider diameter.
    I guess you removed material in the diagonal directions to distribute better the stress with the cardinal directions which were previously somewhat too easy to input compared to the pure diagonals ( cardinal directions in fanta grommet have less material due the fact that the middle of each side must fit with the securing pins of the fanta housing ).
    Is it right or was it an unintentional part of the design?

In this regard, it seems Crown grommets have better design than fanta ones as less material is wasted . Locating pins (in the grommet housing) are enough to prevent unwanted rotation and a rounded corner square shape is in fact unnecessary.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it already but the crown 309 and the 309help me lever are now back in stock at focusattack.com. The red ones are already sold out so get them while you can
    edited June 25
    A bit of news to share, the Crown 309 HelpMe does work with the JLF Conversion Shaft that focusattack sometimes carries on their site. Someone in a previous post said you couldn't. I had one laying around and installed it on mine. Now I have a red bubble balltop on my Crown!
  • ExophazeExophaze Joined: Posts: 3
    edited June 25
    Heads up for those interested in the Fujin V2, Makestick just got them in stock.
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 121
    edited June 25
    Exophaze wrote: »
    Heads up for those interested in the Fujin V2, Makestick just got them in stock.

U gotta be fckin kidding me, I just ordered a fanta and have it right here! I seriously was waiting for that to come back in stock but could not wait any longer to try a K stick. Oh well, at least ill be able to put those gersung a2 switches in the fujin at least.
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 140

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    I just ordered from them 2 days ago... Bet they'll be out of stock by the time I order from them again
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 184

Really tempting deal considering it costs 85 dollars with shipping to US.
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 108
    My thoughts/ feedback / mini review on the Golden Fanta kit I recieved from @wazwuz ...

First off, I just want to thank @wazwuz for giving us the opportunity to try these parts. K-sticks in general seems very limited in terms of customizing. So kudos to him for trying to fill that void.

After testing some variations. For me and my playstyle, I'm favoring the: 8 mm shaft / 15.5 mm actuator / and Green Grommet.
    I like the throw of the 8 mm shaft. The 10 mm throw is obviously shorter and hits the collar, which some people prefer, but I didn't. I felt like because the throw was shorter, my actuator had to be bigger to really dig into those corners and swapped to the 16 mm actuator, but still felt inconsistent (could be just me). I bet the stock actuator might compliment the bigger shaft, but didn't try. I mainly wanted to try golden fanta parts only.
    I like the dead zone the 15.5 mm actuator gives me. A little bigger neutral isn't a bad thing for a game like Tekken, which is what I primarily play btw. I feel with a bigger deadzone and longer throw, you really have to commit to your move to execute it.
    I like lighter tension, and started with the Transparent grommet. But ended up at the Green grommet. The green one is light enough to not feel like a workout (sometimes in tekken, effective movement with certain characters CAN be a workout, js) in the midst of a long session, but heavy enough for a nice resistance in your throw. I felt like this was good and didn't really want to go higher in resistance. I think any higher would be into Stock territory as far as resistance goes.
    Lastly, I liked the switch support that came with the kit. I didn't take any pics, but it's obvious how the switches sit without them. They look really angled without the support (looking at it from sideways instead of birdseye view), so anything to help even it out seems like a good thing. Could of been placebo effect, but felt it made the pre-travel less with the switches.
    Even though the switches aren't part of the kit, I danced back and forth between Gersung A2's and Panasonics and favored the A2's more.

Anywho, thanks for reading. Thanks @wazwuz for the kit. I feel like anyone can attempt to tailor their Fanta to their liking with it.

294gnbb.jpg

-Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • ?AC?AC Joined: Posts: 96 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    what exactly is the difference with the Gold Fanta compared to a normal Myoungshin soft rubber fanta
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,842
    edited June 25
    ?AC wrote: »
    what exactly is the difference with the Gold Fanta compared to a normal Myoungshin soft rubber fanta
    Golden Fanta is a mod kit for the Myoungshin Fanta that has a variety of shafts and actuators that provides different results depending on combination. The kit also includes different silicone tension grommets that go from light to very heavy.

The latter you are referring to is a Myoungshin Fanta lever with a relatively light rubber tension grommet.
  • ?AC?AC Joined: Posts: 96 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sounds good
  • KrAzYsTePKrAzYsTeP Still here Joined: Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 25
    Does anyone know if the Paradise Arcade 309MJ come with Panasonic switches like the ones on Focus Attack?

EDIT:disregard my phone wasn't loading the description part.
    Post edited by KrAzYsTeP on
    PART OF RTSD, INC. IN ASSOC. WITH TEAM DUMA!!!

TEAM LEAN + NINJAS + VOLTRON = GGPO
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 121
    For some reason On makestick.com, In the account details of the last 2 slots are *, but the info on what to put there is completely blank, so i have no idea what to put in those 2 fields.

Anyone else have this problem? I can't even order from them because of this, because those 2 boxes are required info i HAVE to put down, but it doesn't say what to put down!
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 242
    wazwuz wrote: »
    Agieze wrote: »
    @wazwuz
    I saw your golden fanta grommets have 4 holes, one in each corner, but unlike the myungshin/taeyoung the 4 corner holes have much wider diameter.
    I guess you removed material in the diagonal directions to distribute better the stress with the cardinal directions which were previously somewhat too easy to input compared to the pure diagonals ( cardinal directions in fanta grommet have less material due the fact that the middle of each side must fit with the securing pins of the fanta housing ).
    Is it right or was it an unintentional part of the design?

In this regard, it seems Crown grommets have better design than fanta ones as less material is wasted . Locating pins (in the grommet housing) are enough to prevent unwanted rotation and a rounded corner square shape is in fact unnecessary.

Correct, I made the holes so that every direction have equal tension from the grommets.

Great news from @blankaex , he said Saint were impressed with our Golden Fanta and want to use it in the next tekken tournament, also I can send another set for JDCR trough him. I think Saint have technical knowledge about Kstick as he stated at the last Acore gamming interview, this will be awesome.
    I don't think it gets better than this. I wonder what they'll think of the work we've all made, especially @wazwuz. Thanks man

@The Phantomnaut, how different is the Fujin grommet from a fanta? I heard a while back that there not interchangeable but not much more. The reason that the Golden Fanta has holes in the grommet is originally from the Green lever. I'm thinking that there might also be some small intricacies like that on the Fujin V2.
  • ExophazeExophaze Joined: Posts: 3
    FatalFRAME wrote: »
    For some reason On makestick.com, In the account details of the last 2 slots are *, but the info on what to put there is completely blank, so i have no idea what to put in those 2 fields.

Anyone else have this problem? I can't even order from them because of this, because those 2 boxes are required info i HAVE to put down, but it doesn't say what to put down!

Not sure what those are about as well but I just left it with "n/a" for the blanks. They didn't affect the address or anything of importance in getting the package delivered but I'll shoot them another email anyways just to confirm.
    edited June 26
    I gotta email Makestick about Kaze V3. Either they sold out during T7's release in Korea or forgot to replenish it on the Makestick site.
    @The Phantomnaut, how different is the Fujin grommet from a fanta? I heard a while back that there not interchangeable but not much more. The reason that the Golden Fanta has holes in the grommet is originally from the Green lever. I'm thinking that there might also be some small intricacies like that on the Fujin V2.

There are multiple small holes at portions of the rubber grommet in the Fujin. For sure it's tougher than a stock Fanta. It's shaped exactly like the Fanta. I was able to put inside a Golden Fanta grommet with no problems.
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 184
    I just recently got my Crown grommets set and I found that the hardest grommet is more flimsy than the 25a stock grommet on my 309mj. Also, I took apart my 309 Help Me lever since that was equipped with the 60a grommet that was made by Crown. It seems from my close observation that though both have the same hardness and thickness, the Crown one seems more stiffer than the one supplied by @wazwuz . Also, another observation that i saw was that the grooves in the Crown grommet as more shallower than the aftermarket one. I was wondering if the deep grooves contributed to the flimsiness of the aftermarket grommet.

Hopefully, there's a revision of the Crown grommets for the Golden Crown project since the Golden Fanta mods were great.
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 315
    edited June 26
    holes in the corners are not an innovation of the fujin v2, at all.
    They were already present in the stock myungshin fanta grommet (latex rubber).
    FujinV2 just had the holes closer to the shaft, but the diameter barely bigger to what is seen in stock fanta.
    Wazwuz version has holes even larger, and they are located similarly to those of the stock part.
    Thinking about it, it wouldn' be a bad thing to revise the Crown ones with holes in diagonals/corners too .

• DJ-BlitzDJ-Blitz Power Is Everything Joined: Posts: 159
    edited June 26
    I gotta email Makestick about Kaze V3. Either they sold out during T7's release in Korea or forgot to replenish it on the Makestick site.

There are multiple small holes at portions of the rubber grommet in the Fujin. For sure it's tougher than a stock Fanta. It's shaped exactly like the Fanta. I was able to put inside a Golden Fanta grommet with no problems.

I noticed that the inner diameter of the center plastic ring (the part the grommet goes over) in the Fujin is about a 1mm larger than the standard Myoungshin. For me this makes any grommet feel more responsive and slight stiffer. Currently I'm using a soft Myoungshin grommet in my Fujin lever with the center ring replaced with the Fujins. The soft grommet feels much better in the Fujin than it did in my Myoungshin/Airbag levers.
  • sh4htersh4hter Joined: Posts: 2
    Is there a big difference between crown 303 and 309? I am play 3 days on 303 and quite satisfied with it. Is it worth to spend additional money on 309?