Korean arcade parts discussion

Comments

• m_abdalla3m_abdalla3 Joined: Posts: 28
    Closing at the end of jan 2018 :( this is the best thread out there for info. Anyone who’s curious on the golden core. I bought the 14.5mm actuator and used it in Fanta with switch support and the redmakestick gromett and I really disliked it, but with the golden core and medium spring it has become my new favourite and i could play on it for hours. I was using a bored out fujin originally and worked good with the golden core but in the heat of matches I’d get tired and lose some precision. The medium spring makes the tension perfect (while on the fujin bored actuator it is abit too much) and could maby even try the hard one, but I’m happy with how it’s like and I’ve play Mishima on 1P side. This is all using a 7mm golden shaft.

When you twist the battop it hardly moves on the medium spring, on the light it still moves and sometimes the light spring can snap or get stuck. The medium hasn’t failed me and I’ve used it for a week.

The only combo I really really want to try is this setup in the Fujin when the actuator gets revised, otherwise I think I’ve reached a final point in spending the mulah XD

This thread is amazing and thanks Waz and all contributors and their valuable knowledge
  • dblbeastdblbeast This is my Steam name. /TEKKEN 7/ Joined: Posts: 10
    edited January 9
    @m_abdalla3 :) Sounds good that you found your setting.
    Don't think I'll ever try a Fanta though... don't wanna be drilling no holes.

Your perfect setting would be a little too tough for me, I think. I just need a 40A, no way around it. Unless you know one... :) (desperate brah)
  • zero_requiemzero_requiem Joined: Posts: 217
    @wazwuz glad to hear your dad is starting to feel better. Very sad as well about the forum closing which is funny because I joined back in 2007 but didn't start posting on here til the release of tekken 7. Before that I only used sanwa and seimitsu sticks so I'm very grateful for all the knowledge I've acquired about k-sticks on this forum. If anyone was to add me on steam feel free to do so @zeroxrequiem and for ps4 my gt is xxrequiem_zeroxx.
  • ChumpyChumpy Joined: Posts: 42
    I think a discord is good option like @masked rider said. It's a good platform for discussion and different information can be organized in channels
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 638
    @wazwuz glad to hear your dad is starting to feel better. Very sad as well about the forum closing which is funny because I joined back in 2007 but didn't start posting on here til the release of tekken 7. Before that I only used sanwa and seimitsu sticks so I'm very grateful for all the knowledge I've acquired about k-sticks on this forum. If anyone was to add me on steam feel free to do so @zeroxrequiem and for ps4 my gt is xxrequiem_zeroxx.

My Steam name is KL_Varmintbaby and my PSN is Feloniousmonk81 . Add me for some SF5 and Tekken 7. I have pretty much all the other fighting games too but don't spend a lot of time with the others, those two are my main games. It was nice having this thread on here for so long. I have a Myoungshin Fanta with Golden Fanta mod and Golden Core mod thanks to this forum and I love the stick very much. I just hope it lasts for a long time for me. Please someone make the effort to maybe move this discussion to /r/Fightsticks or something like that and announce it here before the thread gets locked. Thanks for all your info guys and this thread will be missed.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • KhrysKhrys Joined: Posts: 7
    I'm very new and very sad for this forum hope that there is some way we can continue our discussion.

I have some issue today with Makestick.com. I've been order some crown 309helpme and some other stuffs from Makestick.com for about 1 day until now there are no any updates from the website about my order the only thing that shown is they accept my payment with paypal. I've asking about delay shipping from Makestick.com in this thread 2 weeks ago. Is that normal that 1 day after ordering and complete a payment wont have any updates from them? any suggestion?

Thanks and hopefully we can find a way to countinue this amazing topic
  • thelordlonewolfthelordlonewolf Joined: Posts: 28
    edited January 9
    i just buy the crown 309 and now i heard this sad news from the forums, to be hones, the only place i visit this the tech talk, and i meet the forums past summer.

i don't know much about korean parts, i just lurked, but probably i would buy the golden crown and golden fanta in the future, and i am interested in korean sticks so i want to keep the contact with you guys and @wazwuz if i buy the golden crown and/or fanta. discord is a good option if there's none, and if the community creates another forum would be a good idea to make another korean parts thread, if anyone wants to add me to play guilty, tekken, SF or DBFZ (18 days after all) my steam account is this one.

good luck guys, i hope this is not the end of this thread, there's not many places to talk about korean arcade parts.....
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 119
    You guys can hmu on ps4: JxRx420. I primarily play Tekken 7. I'd gladly add some of you guys to my list.
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • tonyz723tonyz723 Joined: Posts: 57
    I’ve been interested in a Korean stick for a while, I think this thread has pushed me over the edge to buying one lol
    edited January 9
    I'm @DblBeast on Steam, same avatar as you see here! Hit me up for Tekken or if you have any Korean stick advice.
  • IppoIppo Joined: Posts: 6
    I don't post here much, but like everyone else here I've learned so much from this thread alone (Green lever, actuators, grommets, switches, setups, etc..).
    From all this info, @wazwuz's Golden mod was born. And, I don't think this small community would be where it is today if it wasn't for this thread.

With that being said, there's no reason for the community to go down with this forum. So, if anyone as mentioned before, opens a Discord or anything please post the links in here before the end of the month. Let's keep it going.
  • thelordlonewolfthelordlonewolf Joined: Posts: 28
    Ippo wrote: »
    I don't post here much, but like everyone else here I've learned so much from this thread alone (Green lever, actuators, grommets, switches, setups, etc..).
    From all this info, @wazwuz's Golden mod was born. And, I don't think this small community would be where it is today if it wasn't for this thread.

With that being said, there's no reason for the community to go down with this forum. So, if anyone as mentioned before, opens a Discord or anything please post the links in here before the end of the month. Let's keep it going.
    this, is some users create another forum we need to move the thread, and discord about korean parts also would be good.

i basically buy my crown 309 thanks to this thread.
    How does the SDL-301 compare with the 309? Tension, "snappy-ness", fluidity, etc. overall feel?
    I just found this Korean YouTuber's channel where he shows off his skill and also reviews sticks.
    I'll include two of his blog posts here (309M & SDL-301).
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 37
    Dunno if asked yet, but will there be/is there already a Discord server set up for tech talk or specifically Korean arcade parts?
  • Random_CanadianRandom_Canadian Joined: Posts: 1
    It sucks that the day I finally make an account here is the day I find out the forums are closing. I just want to say thanks to everyone that posted insight and knowledge on Korean parts. Wherever this thread ends up, whether it be Discord or Reddit or whatever, I'll gladly follow along.

With that being said I was wondering if anyone knows the tension of a Fujin V2 lever? I have one and have been using it since the summer, but I decided to try out a Crown lever recently. I got the 309HelpMe with a tension of 35, but it seems more loose than the Fujin V2. Any help with this is gladly appreciated
    Has anyone else noticed that their Golden Fanta actuator is leaving gold dust in the stick? It's all over the base of my stick and the switch support. I took it out and put the standard fanta actuator in. Is there nothing I can do about this?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    @wazwuz If i purchase the 14.5mm actuator on your wesbite are they the revised ones for the fujin?
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST In Jimmy G We Trust Joined: Posts: 1,791
    edited January 10
    I still wanna get my hands on golden fanta mod and golden core with spring!
  • MariosMarios Joined: Posts: 68
    @VarmintBaby i have the same issue and the problem is that the e-clip is spining on top of the actuator and its grinding it and we get the golden dust i have same issue
  • ryu1986ryu1986 Joined: Posts: 7
    I found this forum few weeks ago and read every single posts. It is sad that it will be closing down.
    lucky that I bought the Golden Fanta Mod that @wazwuz made and I really like it. I wanted to try out Green arcade set up and metal core but they were already sold out.
    @wazwuz will you be making more of Green arcade set up and metal core?
    Would an aluminum battop (with its added weight) decrease the effort needed to move the stick? I don't think I'll mind reduced neutral return speed; 45A's pretty tough.

I actually got a lot better with the 45A tension all of a sudden today... I think it's due to having kept myself warm recently, unlike before. It's still an effort to play (my forearm was sore), but I'm much more content and much less stressed about it now ^_^ Just little tweaks.
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Project Joined: Posts: 443
    edited January 10
    Has anyone else noticed that their Golden Fanta actuator is leaving gold dust in the stick? It's all over the base of my stick and the switch support. I took it out and put the standard fanta actuator in. Is there nothing I can do about this?

it is residue from machining process. it will reduce/disappear along time. or you can try lubricate it using silicone grease.
    CUTWEST wrote: »
    I still wanna get my hands on golden fanta mod and golden core with spring!

yes. they are in stock now. this time we have enough for everybody. Golden Core is crucial update, everyone should try it.

m_abdalla3 wrote: »
    @wazwuz If i purchase the 14.5mm actuator on your wesbite are they the revised ones for the fujin?

yes. starting 2018 we stock only the revised golden fanta actuator. I have done adjustments so it can support fujin mounting plate (thanx to @ykd for the measurement) but It havent tested since I don't own fujin.

btw. anyone please make facebook group so we can still continue the discussion.
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • zero_requiemzero_requiem Joined: Posts: 217
    I made a korean arcade parts discussions group on fb if anyone is interested in joining it. Wazwuz suggested it so that he can post his new tech on their since srk is closing down.
    @zero_requiem Can you post a link to the group please? I can't find it using Facebooks search feature. Maybe it's too new.
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 119
    @zero_requiem Can you post a link to the group please? I can't find it using Facebooks search feature. Maybe it's too new.

I found it. Typed in "Korean arcade parts" and under the search bar is tabs like "people, videos, etc." Swipe right till you see "groups". It had one result. Pretty sure that was it.

I'm using the fb app on my phone btw.
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken.
  • masked ridermasked rider Henshin! Joined: Posts: 1,275
    @blankaex I'd be very interested to see if your new Green lever measures any differently than the one @wazwuz tried. Especially with this talk about multiple versions of the lever
  • wazwuzwazwuz Golden Project Joined: Posts: 443
    I made a korean arcade parts discussions group on fb if anyone is interested in joining it. Wazwuz suggested it so that he can post his new tech on their since srk is closing down.

here is the link
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/171979343412085/

FB grup is more open, so our discussion can easily be found in internet, and it can save picture like "forever".
    I know in FB any comments can be easily turn into troll, but I hope we can control our self not to go into it. we are all an adult btw :)
    SRK tech talk already have FB group years ago and it run just fine.

After this Post I will move into the FB group "Korean Arcade Parts", for start I want to share about LowHigh GF setup on FB group
    CU there guys
    blankaex wrote: »
    My friend managed to pick up a Green lever for me! (and himself)
    Surprised they parted with it so easily. Can't wait to try it.

Also yeah, it was great being part of this amazing community. I heard Jasen Hicks is trying to host these forums on his end so all might not be lost just yet. If it does fall through though, I think making a Discord server would be more appropriate. Facebook is very bad for organization and it's quite personal for a lot of people. I'm happy to set up a discord server and organize/moderate it but I don't wanna be that presumptuous guy that takes charge without the group's consent. (;・∀・)

Wow, man you got that legendary lever. very excited to see what setup/version you got.
    I just heard about Discord a few days a go, so IDK much about it, and I already make an discord account. Sure, you can try make a server for it please add me "wazwuz".
    ArcadeStick-Indonesia.com
  • IppoIppo Joined: Posts: 6
    blankaex wrote: »
    My friend managed to pick up a Green lever for me! (and himself)
    Surprised they parted with it so easily. Can't wait to try it.

Also yeah, it was great being part of this amazing community. I heard Jasen Hicks is trying to host these forums on his end so all might not be lost just yet. If it does fall through though, I think making a Discord server would be more appropriate. Facebook is very bad for organization and it's quite personal for a lot of people. I'm happy to set up a discord server and organize/moderate it but I don't wanna be that presumptuous guy that takes charge without the group's consent. (;・∀・)

I agree with using Discord instead (way more organized/easier and up to date). I don't really use FB, but I can see how privacy and personal info can become an issue with names, family, workplaces, etc...

Nice pick up btw!
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,690
    *snort* *snort*

everyone shuddup and go to bed

• blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 148
    edited January 11
    @wazwuz @Ippo I'll definitely post thoughts and measurements in a few weeks' time once I've had the opportunity to play with it :)
    I heard it costed 50,000 won apiece - about as much as a Fujin. A little pricey but apparently the owner came to the arcade just to assemble the levers for my friend when he asked for them. Made to order!

Also I set up a basic Discord server for us. It would be useful to have even if the forums do stay alive. Please join and keep our community thriving!

Link: https://discord.gg/YamTJJt

If your Discord username isn't the same as your SRK username, you can change your nickname in the server to match if you prefer. It would make it easier for people to recognise each other that way.
    If anyone has tried the revised 14.5mm actuator for the Fujin please let me know
  • k701k701 Joined: Posts: 55
    Forums aren't going anywhere. Call everyone back XD

• CUTWESTCUTWEST In Jimmy G We Trust Joined: Posts: 1,791
    @wazwuz PM send again.
  • HassunHassun Joined: Posts: 122
    Glad to see the message board is staying online.
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 97
    m_abdalla3 wrote: »
    If anyone has tried the revised 14.5mm actuator for the Fujin please let me know
    It's not revised. but I have the whole set he makes. a few of us have them here. is there different ones? just got these in december.
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 97
    Glad to see we still get SRK. the Discord @blankaex Created is also very cool. I hope we can continue to have that to have chat's as well. Thankful that the Top men decided to keep this place going. Definitely will be contributing to ensure we don't have any further scares!
    @blankaex hopefully you can let us know once you spend some time with the Green Lever, you can let us know how you like it. Speaking to lowhigh it seems like the deal with the old man is that they will sell to non korean people, but will not sell to koreans themselves. I don't know because some of the people here were unable to get them like @Marios I know recently and others, so I dont know whats up. but one day I hope we can all have them in our hands. I hope you kick ass at Evo Japan with it and represent the Forum in spirit we will be cheering you on for those of us not able to attend!
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 148
    @ykd Thanks, appreciate it. Interesting to hear about how Green Dad is okay with selling levers to foreigners but not Koreans. I'd heard in the past he wasn't willing to sell at all - there was a story of a European guy being refused even after offering 1000 Euros I think. Maybe he's realising everyone's playing Tekken at home now and would like to use his lever.

And yeah, thanks to everyone for joining and contributing to the Discord server. I'm glad it hit off well and we have so many active people talking and sharing information. The plan was for it to run alongside the forums if they didn't go down, so I hope to see even more people joining. My only worry is that the community may become split across the two platforms, which I hope does not happen. Don't forget to post in the thread as well!
  • AbevAbev Jack of no trades, master of none. Joined: Posts: 37
    I think I'm finally gonna drill that 35mm hole in my Obsidian. Having both that and the Dragon makes me feel a bit better about if anything happens to go wrong. Anything special to be careful of with the Obsidian compared to other sticks? Seems to have a very thick black plexi.