I hate this

mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 139
I've been playing ki since 1997 and love it I was looking forward to part 3 for years but fuck Microsoft to only release 6 characters and charge for additional characters that we have to wait years for wtf it's insane and honestly turns me off from wanting to get into this ki3 could be a lot bigger if they waited had more characters added fatalities for the noobs to enjoy ect but yeah microsofts being greedy here and I'm kinda glad the games not as big as the others right now

Comments

• -VIRUS--VIRUS- Shadow Jago all day Joined: Posts: 169
    well that depends on wat package u buy. if u just want the characters $20 shouldn't hurt anyone especially wen u get a full game for $20. Now if want all the costumes and stuff $40 isn't going to hurt either. there is a package deal where Season 1 and Season 2 with all extras for $60. All 3 prices are really good. it depends on wat u want.
  • mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 139
    edited May 2015
    Yes but in s few months well be paying more for another season ect probably by the end of the games life ends up costing a person 150
    if u just do the combo breaker pack $20. if season 3 is added. S1+S2+S3= $60 for all characters. that's only if u don't care about costumes and getting them early.
  • UncleOUncleO Joined: Posts: 11
    In today's gaming market it really is not that expensive. It very similar to buy a $60 game and a $40 season pass. I think fighting games work best with the "a la cart" pricing structure. Honestly how many of us keep buying the "new" street fighter to only end up using the same 5-8 characters? So in my eyes if the life cycle of the xbox one is 8 years that is $160 with a new season every year for $20 that is alot cheaper than purchasing a new iteration of Street fighter every 2 years at $40-$60
    Do they at least rebalance the characters each season or will they stay the same and just add more characters stages ect
    yea the rebalance every character every season. and they will do some changes to certain characters when a new character comes out. mostly its just bug and glitches that they fix.
  • zainetorzainetor Joined: Posts: 7
    I dont get the sense of this post.

are you still stuck in 2013? the game has way more characters now, 17 to be precise and more wil come.

If you want all the 17 chars is 40 bucks.
  • RomeRome Joined: Posts: 8
    zainetor wrote: »
    I dont get the sense of this post.

are you still stuck in 2013? the game has way more characters now, 17 to be precise and more wil come.

If you want all the 17 chars is 40 bucks.

This!

The game has allready grown a lot ( allthough IMO in the wrong direction but thats another story... ) and i think the whole f2p system around KI works perfectly and has been always more than fair when it comes to the content, characters, stages and the financial part.

Furthermore due to the one character per month thing its easier and not that frustrating to get into all the matchups, which is definitely a good thing for new fg players... but hey, fuck microsoft... right? >_>

A fighting game that's been out for two years and only has 17 characters lol games today easily have rosters of 30 plus if u notice the best versions of games are the ones that feature the most characters like tekken tag kof 98 2002
    It's a fighting game there's no excuse for them not to have more characters lazy game designers Luke tekken 7 is not gonna be as big as tag 2 how can we go from having 50 plus to like 20 it's taking a big step back same thing will happen with sf5 now with ultra we basically have everyone in the game to play which allows more depth now I bet sf5 will not have near its like tekken tag to tekken 4 it bombed mostly due to lack of characters
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 748
    Although, I didn't like the state in which the new Killer Instinct was released, 6 characters at launch was ridiculous, I'm perfectly fine with the roster now, I'm actually tempted to buy a Xbox One now, if only I could find a white one.

I wasn't into Guilty Gear before Xrd, the small amount of characters in the new game helped me learn the game faster. I didn't have to go through 20+ characters to find my main.

Games today are very advanced it's not hard to make a 2d fighting character 3 special moves and a few normals like I said developers don't seen to put anything into fighting games compared to the content shooters sports games get u can't deny that sf4 came out in 08 and took them till 2014 to add in the rest of the roster idk if it was for business or just being lazy
    I've played ki 3 on a demo there's just no excuse to not add the whole roster it's notvlike they had to create new characters and they had years to plan for this that makes me never want to buy the game
  • THE_FE4RTHE_FE4R Joined: Posts: 1
    I personally dislike 30+ character fighting games. And i really like the monthly additions. I dont care how big the game gets now as i have time to learn them in a month. I dont feel like buying tekken 7 for example.. to many characters and i wouldnt miss 90% of the cast in the next tekken game.

the buisness model of ki is actually pretty fair. You get all the balance patches no matter how much money youve spent.
    Theres no ultra or super version.
    You could just buy jago and you would still be able to play with everyone else online. Sounds fair to me

As for your content complain...
    Both game developer teams for ki were and are under a huge time pressure. They have done an incredible job considering the trouble ki went through.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,990
    I hope there's no "Season 3", the amount of characters right now is pretty good considering how complex every one of them is, and I want the game now, not in another year.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,839
    Having a huge roster does not make a quality fighting game.
    I seen decent fighting games with only a roster of 6 characters.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Damn right mugen
    But u can't deny usually the best version of any fighter is the game that has the most characters again kof 98 2002 tekken tag 1 and 2 ultimate mortal Kombat 3 alpha 3 ultra sf4 ect
  • sh4pessh4pes Not that good. Joined: Posts: 11
    I download the free to play version of Ki, on my buddies xbox one. You can literally do everything except play specific characters. The idea of having a free rotating character every week was kind of interesting. I mean, honestly 60 dollars? is not a lot of money to shell out, for a game you're going to spend Hours and Hours playing.
    Check me out on twitch - RorkPoast
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,145
    sh4pes wrote: »
    I download the free to play version of Ki, on my buddies xbox one. You can literally do everything except play specific characters. The idea of having a free rotating character every week was kind of interesting. I mean, honestly 60 dollars? is not a lot of money to shell out, for a game you're going to spend Hours and Hours playing.

"It is what you make you of it."

Thing is.....lots of people feel "entitled" for merely buying a product.
    Thought it would cost like 40 more buks each season
    And you can't tell me your not bad that they took out no mercys think of the anazing ideas and fatalities they could come up with
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    edited May 2015
    And you can't tell me your not bad that they took out no mercys think of the anazing ideas and fatalities they could come up with

I'm guessing they got rid of it since they want to get rid of the "gimmicky" aspects of the game and give it a serious tone. Hell you never know, they could include them back......
    "Farts stink like a motherfucker!"
    It brings in the scrubs yea but company's want sales makes no sense for them nkt to include then from a business stand point.
  • Screw_TiersScrew_Tiers Screw_Tires? Screw_Tears? Fuck This Name Joined: Posts: 867
    Including those will in no way boost their sales. If they want to boost their numbers; release it on PC. It's what most people want
  • RomeRome Joined: Posts: 8
    who needs a game with 30 chars if u have a game with 17 extremely different chars?

really... take a look into other fgs and tell me where u have such a variety of gameplans for each char.

and no mercies? yeah... totally important for the gameplay of an fg :D

and its not just "giving the chars 3 special moves and normals"

every move needs to be balanced to build specific setups, frametraps, strats and weaknesses against every other char... thats a lot of work to make all the moves work in a game, where every char has specific frame datas, etc...

i think ur look into the system which makes a fg working is slightly light-minded. no offense tho
    Teenagers play mortal Kombat for the fatalities I know tons who do trust me I know it doesn't do anything for the real players but the noobs WANa see blood that's what made the game popular to begin with
  • Erdrick1980Erdrick1980 Joined: Posts: 9
    In KI to me, having unique characters it's what gives them their on personality in a way. And me as a player can some how connect to that one specific player and play him for hours and not get bored, for example Hisako, as appose to having 300+ characters and getting bored fast cuse they similar.. Who am I kidding...if KI some how gets to S5++ it might end up like thE others lol
  • MisterBellicMisterBellic Scrub Niggurath Joined: Posts: 7
    Nobody gave a shit about No Mercies in KI except for the titty flash. Every match was all about the Ultra Combo. DH and IG did right by having Ultras for the finishers instead of the terrible fatalities in the originals.

• bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Including those will in no way boost their sales. If they want to boost their numbers; release it on PC. It's what most people want

Seriously, Iron Galaxy, please
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,702

M$ funded it as an XB1 exclusive. It's not coming to PC for a while...
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    cant believe there's so many people taht to this day, still dont get the concept of exclusives on consoles.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    tataki wrote: »

M$ funded it as an XB1 exclusive. It's not coming to PC for a while...

It's probably coming to PC next season, or when season 3 wraps up. Considering the outcome of the poll the developers themselves put out, and Microsoft's current stance on improving their Windows gaming, you'd be a fool to not see this.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    sure and you're a fool for talking about studd you dont even know.

I'm sure they'll put everything on pc just because 2 shitheads trolls ont he interenet dont want to buy an xbox.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170

I'm sure they'll put everything on pc just because 2 shitheads trolls ont he interenet dont want to buy an xbox.

tumblr_mbzxvoMrSi1r5qnke.gif

your salty tears do not qualify as proof or evidence
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    edited May 2015

Believe me when I say this. There are a ton of people who would like to play this game, but don't want to get an Xbone. Trust, there are a ton of people who would buy a game if it has a pc release
    True
  • albexmrutahalbexmrutah Joined: Posts: 38
    Well there's like 3 competive high level players the past week, who have bought Xbox's for ki (due to the recent support of the offline community by the devs) . So it still seems that as the games expands, hold outs can be convinced to invest in joining the game.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,189
    Buying a console for only a handful of games is equally just as dumb. If there is any chance that the title is coming to the PC aswell...there's no need to be butthurt about that either.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.