Bison (dictator) Thread

Comments

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    In anticipation of sthd I decided to get some practice on ccc2 and I'm having an impossible time doing even simple combos like j hk, cr mk, torpedo. I can't do charge specials at the end of combos so I'm thinking I just didn't charge early enough? I'm also having a slightly difficult time consistently landing crossups because of his jumping arc I land in front of way behind the opponent but that to I guess is my own scrubby execution.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • MixahMixah Joined: Posts: 8,130
    double charge fool

easy way to get charge supers into combos (i do this with blanka and dj, not so much dic)

blanka easy c.mk x2, super cancel (not that you'd ever need this)

hold downback, c.mk, downforward, downback+mk, f+piano punches
    Beat... That's all.
    Thanks but it's not with supers it's with incorporating regular charge moves into combos I have a problem with. Oh well I hope comboing on stick is easier then ps2 pad lol.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    try c.lk, s.lk, psycho. that's a bit easier, i think.
    Beat... That's all.
    LOL I must really suck with ps2 pad so I hope the ccc2 lag the fact that I'm playing it on an hdtv on a ps3 may have something to with it because it really feels like something is off my inputs don't come out normally like they do on st on my laptop but th for the help anyways.
  • MinhHoangMinhHoang Joined: Posts: 291
    Hey guys, I just picked up dictator (loving it), but I'm having some problems w/ countering honda's headbutt w/ jump back rh. Is there a certain way to time it because I've been getting hit even when the RH clearly should hit the headbutt.
    Scream in pain!!!! NIGHTMARE BOOOSTERRR!!
    you're going to have a hard time with that. the only safe option, as far as i know is to either just hang out and wait for him to move in and counter... or jumping mp.
    Beat... That's all.
    I've seen players do it into TOD to fight hondas, but I can't seem to land it consistently. I guess its a reaction/type thing.
    yeah, that's a bit hard to do.. i can't do that for shit... but i'm a scrubby ass dictator player
    Beat... That's all.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Joined: Posts: 553
    Hey guys, I just picked up dictator (loving it), but I'm having some problems w/ countering honda's headbutt w/ jump back rh. Is there a certain way to time it because I've been getting hit even when the RH clearly should hit the headbutt.

Dictator's jumping back roundhouse only hits if you get his foot to hit on the very front side of Honda's headbutt.
    Otherwise, you're better off jumping back into the corner so that you can combo Honda with roundhouse AFTER he hits the corner and is in recovery.
    streetfighterdojo.com - video library of top players
    Links to Dictator youtube.com matches

Here is a link to a webpage that lists links to youtube character matchups for ST Dictator:
    http://streetfighterdojo.com/superturbo/dictator/dictatormatches.html

Most the players are Japanese, and most the footage is from Japanese Tournaments.

I wanted to get this out before the release of STHD.
    My HTML skills are pretty weak, so the formatting is still rough.
    This is a collection of links that I have had for some time, and I have found personally useful in improving my game.

The BEST way I have found to use these links, is to reference the appropriate ones AFTER I get my butt kicked by a particular character.
    That way I'm hungry to pick up specific things that will help me in that matchup.

Enjoy!
  • LogosLogos Mountain Beast Joined: Posts: 754
    Good shit, man. Appreciate you throwing that up. :tup:
    OH! Okay, thanks that makes so much more sense. Dude, thanks so much for the vids.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Head Stomp Rush

I play on GGPO all the time, and main Dic. I go by the name nocandoken. But I have a problem doing his standard combos online, might be my set-up or lag or whatever, so I've come up with a new technique I call the Head Stomp Rush.

Basically, you repeat head stomps, coupled with assorted normal attacks, to catch the opponent off guard or even put them in a quasi-lockdown state.

Example-

The easiest way to see this is to bust out the training mode and put T-Hawk in the corner. (Large characters are easier to perform this on).

Do a head stomp on Hawk in the right corner, let's say. Charge down the entire time, all the while holding right. As you come down from the head stomp, do a Skull Crusher (Diver?) at the last possible moment. I usually use fierce.

Now, as soon as you hit the ground, push up+short. You'll keep Hawk in blockstun with the short, and negative edge (or button-up) the next head stomp. Repeat.

-

It can be very difficult to block, since the skull crusher actually crosses up in the corner, and if it hits, the short will connect as well. You can also use cr. forward, .etc. perhaps linking into a quick combo.

This can also be done mid-screen. Just home in on the opponent with the skull crusher. Make sure to throw in throws to keep them guessing.
    -

Now this isn't a substitution for knee-press pressure, bu I think it's a viable tool to add to your arsenal. It does of course have it weaknesses-

Smart/quick/experienced players can easily counter the head stomps or skull crushers. Most characters have an anti-air that stuffs either, or you can easily jump and mash to hit Dic out of the loop. BUT, once the opponent starts doing this, you can use that knowledge to your advantage.

Guile always cr. fierces you? Simply land close and throw. Opponent always jump RH you? Fly back and catch them with a j. strong juggle. More guessing games, and you are on the offensive.

-

Also, it can be tough to cross up some characters in the corner...Chun and Rog come to mind, so be wary of that. You'll get thrown for free if you mess it up.

It's a high risk-reward set-up perfect for Dic. I wish I had some vids to show, since it looks spectacular when it works. The standing short into head stomp is very quick and *proffessional* looking lol.

Give it a try! I haven't seen anyone doing this and it's fun, looks cool, catches people off guard, and I forgot to mention...it's an ABSOLUTE noob killer.:rofl:
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    anyone know a good and consistent way of comboing the super (besides the anti air). And if you do, put down the entire input instead of something like st. short cr. forward xx super.

The fact that this never got answered leads me to believe that Bison is one character that we shouldn't even focus on trying to combo the super with. Probably better to just use it for reversals. But if we were obsessed with combos ending in the super (like i am with most characters), they would be extremely limited and difficult to say the very least with Bison. Think about it, the most bufferable move is probably cr. mk and most of his combos start of with a jumping attack then s. short (or s. short x 2), followed by the cr. mk. You normally have to input the cr. mk quickly after the shorts quickly so trying to buffer the super in that millisecond would be a major headache. Am i right? Hmm maybe a meaty cr. mk, d/b, d/f, d/b +mk, f+k would work. Course you would have to start charing way in advance by sliding up to the person when you knock them down
    "Foolish Worm"
    The fact that this never got answered leads me to believe that Bison is one character that we shouldn't even focus on trying to combo the super with. Probably better to just use it for reversals. But if we were obsessed with combos ending in the super (like i am with most characters), they would be extremely limited and difficult to say the very least with Bison. Think about it, the most bufferable move is probably cr. mk and most of his combos start of with a jumping attack then s. short (or s. short x 2), followed by the cr. mk. You normally have to input the cr. mk quickly after the shorts quickly so trying to buffer the super in that millisecond would be a major headache. Am i right? Hmm maybe a meaty cr. mk, d/b, d/f, d/b +mk, f+k would work. Course you would have to start charing way in advance by sliding up to the person when you knock them down

I don't know any of the answers to your questions.

I rarely see YuuVega (http://streetfighterdojo.com/superturbo/dictator/dictatormatches.html) tack his super into combos.
    I think this might be because:
    1) Dictator's combos (with a charge) already do a massive amount of damage and often dizzy, and
    2) Dictator's Super allows him a great resource that no other move he has can replace.

Check out 3 Dictator combos using Super here:

(starting at 4:38)
    lol JMD, I've just started using your headstomp techniques and its helping me out quite a bit with my rushdowns. Thanks again for showing me in game.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    I don't know any of the answers to your questions.

I rarely see YuuVega (http://gizmo.zendfree.com/superturbo/dictator/matches/dictatormatches.html) tack his super into combos.
    I think this might be because:
    1) Dictator's combos (with a charge) already do a massive amount of damage and often dizzy, and
    2) Dictator's Super allows him a great resource that no other move he has can replace.

Check out 3 Dictator combos using Super here:

(starting at 4:38)

Hey thanks for that video man. I remember seeing it a while back but I only looked at the Dee Jay part. But yea I agree with what you said as well
    "Foolish Worm"
    Do a head stomp on Hawk in the right corner, let's say. Charge down the entire time, all the while holding right. As you come down from the head stomp, do a Skull Crusher (Diver?) at the last possible moment. I usually use fierce.

it sounds interessing but i think that after 1 time u do that in a loop with a reversal they can easy counter
    In this match, Yoshio (Guile) vs. Taira (Dic), Taira does a walk-up super at :55-

Is this just an extremely late kick input, or is there something else going on?

Either way, it looks pretty good.
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    It's just an extremely late input. And yeah, it's pretty cool.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
    It's just an extremely late input. And yeah, it's pretty cool.
    Yeah i think that me too, from when u finish the input of the lever to when u activate the move pushing the button there is a fraction of seconds (about 0,1 seconds) that u can wait so when he finished the input of the nightmare he kept the lever forward and after a while he pushed the botton of K, in that "while" he made the step. Easy to say not easy to do, but you know Taira is a genius.
    How can I keep my opponent in the corner? In other words, which is the better corner trap.
    almost everyone can escape because everyone (except dhalsim and vega) have invincible special moves however 2 common corners traps are:

. psico magic: s.lk,c.mk,psycho crusher mp, after 2 hits repeat, it works well against dhalsim.

. s.lk, no cancel dkp lk, it works quite well in vega vs vega with other characters u have to pay many attenction.
    2. Use a c.fierce to counter the body splash every time. note: dic's c.fierce has nine frames of start up and six hitting frames so time it well. It works b/c of the hit box locations.

Can Zangief's body splash be beaten by cr.fierce consistently? And if so do you guys have any tips for timing it, or an example on youtube or something?
  • ShinVegaShinVega Shoryuken'n est. 92' Joined: Posts: 191
    There is a much easier way, just use s.RH to counter any gief jump (note: dont let gief get you in the corner b/c then it loses) at the correct distance.

You just need to time it so that he is landing on cr.fierce; this way you will trade hits (or win depending on horizontal location). It's easier to use s.Fierce if timed well, also.

Fight Smart, Not Hard.
    No freely available material is allowed on this site, no exceptions. - ptp
    SF2 Code v1.0: t s+ T++ r f++ g+ m+ s+ v++ M++ n++:-- o++
    Thanks for the quick reply. The situation I'm specifically worried about is being trapped in the corner.

s.Fierce is better than cr.fierce in that situation?
  • AizenAizen Joined: Posts: 293
    No, stand fierce as anti-air is matchup specific more than anything. It works best on T.Hawk's dive attempts or Sim's far drills, but even in those cases you'll need to get a feel for when the opponent will attempt those and you need to be a little preemptive about it.

By all means you can experiment and try to AA with st.fierce on a body splashing Gief if you're ever cornered, but I doubt you'll have much success with that (post it up if you do though). If you're trapped in the corner you can try to slide (cr.roundhouse) underneath if he jumps back up for another jump in pressure, but whether you're successful or not depends on timing and the proximity of both characters. Or you might try to two in one a blocked cr.mk into fierce psycho crusher your way out of the corner (e.g. jump back roundhouse, cr.mk xx fierce psycho crusher). Another thing that can work at times is a blocked cr.mk into headstomp and hop over gief and out of the corner.

Obviously there's no one easy solution and all the ways out I've described depend on how gief is pressuring you when you're cornered such as whether he's mainly taking the approach from the ground or air and whether he's already in your grill or not. If he's already in your face and doing tick throw setups on your wakeup, then you are shit out of luck unless you have a super to reversal out. Well, there is a way out even if you don't have a full super meter (I'm still trying to get this down myself). Giga-msx had it up a while back, check it out if you haven't.
    There's no feeling quite like drinking out of the skull of your fallen enemy.
    Thanks for the info, and that vid is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Well, not exactly, but it's damn interesting. I need all the tricks I can learn to beat good Zangiefs.
    If Zangief has a perfect timing u can escape from the corner only with a nightmare that's all.
    If u dont have the nightmare charged u can only make reversal dkp o dr hoping he mistakes the timing and try to charge the energy for the nightmare.

However Zangief with a so perfect timing are quite rare so u can try with:
    1 as was said a slide with the hover kick (but he must have a really quite bad timing)
    2 reversal dkp
    3 try a back jump (that becomes a straight jump in the corner) with the mp, if u start the jump and go over zangief u can win with the second shoot.
    4 s.fierce make a reciprocal hit but it 's ok
  • AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    Hey Denki, I see you post a lot of great ST info for a while now, are you ever comming to the US for Evo or any other tournament?
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
  • Professor JonesProfessor Jones Joined: Posts: 213
    If you feel a jumping splash coming in the corner, just do a fierce psycho crusher to get out. Easy and effective !
    Hey Denki, I see you post a lot of great ST info for a while now, are you ever comming to the US for Evo or any other tournament?
    Yeah i would like to go, when is the next evo? They make a qualifier in japan?
    :confused:I'm confused...:confused:
    Does Bison have a dizzy combo(s) or not?
    And if so, what is it?
  • AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    Yeah i would like to go, when is the next evo? They make a qualifier in japan?

I'm not sure when the next one is, but I think there is a qualifier in Japan. If not, you can just fly over and enter like normal. :tup: Be sure to PM me if you come so we can hang out!
    :confused:I'm confused...:confused:
    Does Bison have a dizzy combo(s) or not?
    And if so, what is it?

Yeah if you read the thread you'll find he has a couple, like j. rh, st. lkx2, c. mk, scissors.
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
    Thanks..
    I thought I read it durning the thread but, I wasn't sure if there was different dizzy combos and if so, which one was the best (or used the most)

I have another question too. ..
    I just started using Bison and was wondering.. When some whiffs on a dragon punch or flash kick (ect) which combo(s) are best to punish him with?

Thanks to everyone, I do appericate the info..
    I'm not sure when the next one is, but I think there is a qualifier in Japan. If not, you can just fly over and enter like normal. Be sure to PM me if you come so we can hang out!
    Yeah man i will! Keep in contact!

Thanks..
    I thought I read it durning the thread but, I wasn't sure if there was different dizzy combos and if so, which one was the best (or used the most)

I have another question too. ..
    I just started using Bison and was wondering.. When some whiffs on a dragon punch or flash kick (ect) which combo(s) are best to punish him with?

Thanks to everyone, I do appericate the info..

dizzy combo more used:

normal jump:
    1) j.hk- s.lk - c.mk - double knee hk is dizzy against all but a little bit more difficult against thin character.
    2) against balrog, dhalsim and chunli: j.hk-c.mk- psycho crusher hp (is ok against all but is a sure dizzy only against these characters)

from cross up
    1) j.hk - s.lk x 2 (when u land on the opposite side) - c.mk - psycho crusher hp
    U can also do it with j.mk but is not always a sure dizzy.
    - against balrog is difficult (near impossible) so after the s.lk x 2 make a s.hk.
    - against ken, ryu and deejay the c.mk is difficult because they have a low vulnerability near the feet so u can land this combo only if is perfect timed, so is more safe to do j.hk- s.lk x 3 - psycho crusher.
    - to make the double knee instead of the psycho crusher is difficult because the charge time is very strict however is possible.
    - against ken, ryu to make a real cross up with the j.hk is quite difficult so if u are not sure to hit is more safe to attack with a j.mk.

to punish dp/flash kick:
    - u can do a c.mk - dkp/pc, a j.mp x 3 or if u see u are not in time a s.hk. If u are too far is ok also a psycho crusher hp.
    - pay attenction to the dragon dance of lp shoryuken, the more safe tactic is to hit with a s.hk.
  • kevgeezkevgeez Joined: Posts: 351
    I'm wondering where top level Dics practice combos...
    Cause i have no arcade stick on Ps2.
    I have an TE stick for pc.

I know you can order HD Remix, and put it on original mode and practice, but where did people like Giga practice before this?
    Seeing you in Action is a Joke.
  • ilikemacaroni707ilikemacaroni707 MacaRudy Joined: Posts: 306
    I'm wondering where top level Dics practice combos...
    Cause i have no arcade stick on Ps2.
    I have an TE stick for pc.

I know you can order HD Remix, and put it on original mode and practice, but where did people like Giga practice before this?

I'm guessing download ggpo and use savestates
    shinobi00: oh man...
    fudd: what happened?
    shinobi00: I just split my pants.
  • kevgeezkevgeez Joined: Posts: 351
    I'm guessing download ggpo and use savestates

huh?
    I'm on GGPO everynight.
    Savestates cant be used.
    Also, the latest update doesnt let me play myself.
    Seeing you in Action is a Joke.