TIERS FOR OBSCURE GAMES

Comments

• BANSHIBANSHI Joined: Posts: 285
    Im just having fun playing SF The Movie on PSX. While graphically is laughable, and the speed is nearly SSF2 vanilla, the game has ST regulations + EX Moves that when the Super bar is full, they dont decrease it, so you can spam EX fireballs and DP etc.

Really dumb fun.

No one have a tier list for it?

EDIT: We should tier EVERYTHING in this list XD

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/inventories/mortalklones.htm

I laughed just looking at the cover of some of those games.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 10,795
    Okay, I found a good one.

Tier THAT.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

• RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,673
    Bious wrote: »
    Okay, I found a good one.

Tier THAT.

lol I give that game one thing, at least the sprites are well animated.
  • Ham5andw1chHam5andw1ch Joined: Posts: 65
    So, I recently stumbled upon Cartoon Network TKO. Has anyone made a tier list for this?
  • IM_AmazonIM_Amazon Joined: Posts: 140
    So, I recently stumbled upon Cartoon Network TKO. Has anyone made a tier list for this?

Once I finish my list for SFC Taekwon-Do, I'll give TKO a once-over. Once I'm not inept with DOSBox I want to look into Fight 'N' Jokes and Time Slaughter. After that I might go back to my Fighter's Destiny roots and look at Toy Fighter somehow.

• Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,154
    So is there a tier list out there for the Neo-Geo version of Power Instinct Matrimelee?

Kinda interested in what the tiers look like in that game.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary
    KOF98UM: Mature/Geese/EX-King
    LB2: Yuki, Washizuka, Hibiki
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 2016
    IM_Amazon wrote: »

Once I finish my list for SFC Taekwon-Do, I'll give TKO a once-over. Once I'm not inept with DOSBox I want to look into Fight 'N' Jokes and Time Slaughter. After that I might go back to my Fighter's Destiny roots and look at Toy Fighter somehow.

I played A LOT of the first Toy Fighter XD, I didnt liked the 2nd one.

EDIT: Im having some fun with Barbarian on classic Xbox. It's the american version of an arena fighter called Rastan vs Warrior Blade.

Kind of fun but limited and monotone. Has some juggles here and there and a parry system.
    edited August 2016
    Taekwon-Do (SFC)

Cool sports fighter by Human. Very minimalist on the surface--to win, you either knock the opponent down five times, K.O. them, or score more points by the end of the 2-minute time limit (1 point for body blow, 2 for head, 3 for aerials, 5 for ringout/knockdown/warning). Every character is essentially a head/pallette swap of the same sprite, but it's compensated by fluid animation, varied statlines, and a large cast for 1994 (22, counting the hidden bosses).

Where it gets complicated is in the details. Every character has one of two stances, you can lane-switch not unlike Fatal Fury, and certain attacks make you switch footing--and certain attacks hit on different lanes. It's almost like a 3D fighter in this way. It's pretty involved, so I'm going to split this into two dissertations: one on the game system, and the other on the characters themselves.

System
    Attacks
    First off: the button scheme in this game defies typical conventions, so for ease of use I'm going to use stock SNES notation instead of ABCD or whatever.
    There are roughly 15 far normals, 9 close normals, and 6 aerials, all in a shared pool. Each fighter is given some combination of these attacks to form their movelist, so similar attacks are found regularly between characters.
    Every character follows a rough outline for their moveset, some more loosely than others:
    -Y is an autocombo. The attack sequence is character-specific, but is never an actual "combo". The upshot is that you can cancel it at any time, making the first attack in the sequence viable as an extra normal. The first attack in the sequence changes when you're close or far.
    -X is typically a high strike.
    -B is generally a power attack, often involving a jump.
    -A is commonly a mid strike.
    -L makes you perform your character's stance.
    Attacks each deal varying damage and such under the hood, alongside a 'stagger' value, which I'll get to. Attacks are either high or low (per TKD rules, 'low' means 'body'), and are blocked by pressing 4/2, respectively. Alongside all these, there are also 4 universal attacks for each character:
    -236B: a high anti-air kick. Very fast, with a high stagger rating. This can lead to true combos on hit. The downside: it's blockable at either elevation, and has shit range.
    -cl.6B: a high hook kick. Slow, but unblockable, and the only attack with a guaranteed stagger. Doesn't grant much advantage, but characters with punches can link them after this. Tracks to your back.
    -guard-cancel 6A. Looks like a sidekick, but has a different stagger chance and knockback on hit. Practically guaranteed to punish anything in close range.
    -2364B: ranbu. Only works when in critical condition, but awards something ridiculous like 25 points and deals a shitload of damage. Easy to interrupt and linear, but it's possible to combo into this from a stagger.
    Jump attacks follow a similar premise. Uniquely, one air 'normal' is an air block. Aerials score well and are some of the only plus-on-block attacks, but carry risks of their own, which I'll also get to.
    Finally, Counter-Hits are in this game, but require stricter timing than usual (I think you need to hit just before, or during, their attack's first active frame?).

Stances
    There are two stances: Flamingo, and Taunt (in reality a 'punch' stance). Each stance has three attacks (high/mid/power). Flamingo is arguably inferior--the startup is way longer at far range, making it only really useful for its feint step. Taunt is better for two reasons: one, it's fast enough to link after 6B, which makes it more flexible. Two, it imitates the animation for your next level of fatigue while in use, allowing for baits.

Stats
    Every character has some arrangement of six stats, in addition to their movelist. Here's what they do (based on my research):

AT: Attack. Determines how much HP you drain when you hit the enemy. Arguably unimportant, since scoring is probably faster than winning by K.O.
    DF: Defense. Acts as HP. Every character reaches the first level of fatigue at roughly the same damage, so this doesn't stave off exhaustion as much as it gives you more time to bounce back.
    SP: Speed. Indicates attack, move, and sidestep speed. When characters share attacks, the higher-SP character's version is in fact faster.
    ST: Stamina. Appears to be a DF regeneration value. Attacking and taking damage lowers your HP, so high ST lets you attack more regularly and bounce back from big dammy sooner.
    BL: Balance. A very important stat; backdashing, landing from the air, and certain attacks will cause you to stagger and leave you vulnerable (or sometimes simply knock you down). Higher BL reduces the odds of a stagger. This value decays as your HP drains, so characters with low BL are unreliable and easier to combo or KD.
    TC: Technique. Attacks have a chance to register as a Critical Hit, which knocks down. This stat increases that chance. A very useful stat for characters interested in maximizing pokes and winning by KDs.

Fatigue
    As you attack and take damage, your character goes through two phases. The first is just 'tired'--they lower their guard, head down. The second is hands-on-knees, bent over, totally exhausted. When you're this far, you're either inches from a K.O. or ready to turn the tables with 2364B. As you get tired, your SP and BL lower in tandem, and worsens when critical--high ST is a must to avoid snowballing into constant staggers and KDs. Taunt stance imitates the appearance of fatigue, including the change in speed.

Sidesteps
    Pressing R makes you swap footing. While held, you can freely sidewalk and change lanes, but can't block. You can also press it like 8+R to swap lanes instantly, without changing footing. High SP makes this even more valuable, as you can weave around attacks and play lame more easily. Only a select set of normals can track towards a separate lane (whether your back or stomach), so having access to these is a big upside in deterring opponents from relying on this too heavily.
    Characters
    This includes the bosses. They're easy to unlock (hold up+L+R during the opening text crawl before starting), so why not.

Kyoji
    Speed Type
    Nimble and hard to catch. Has a fast set of close normals, so for players who like frame traps he works well for that. Suffers from weak tracking options, and Flamingo isn't terribly useful.

Yerong
    Jump Type
    Forcibly a very honest character--miserable TC means he can't rely on Critical Hit pokes. Otherwise very solid, and good for scoring strats.

Wong
    Jump Type
    A bit lacking in tracking, but has a strong, reliable statline. Another character good for scoring, and has better TC than Yerong.

Arbeght
    Defense Type
    Brick shithouse. Has a movelist and statline built to secure a lead and sit on it. Low-end BL leaves him vulnerable in some scenarios.

Renny
    Speed Type
    Decent enough. Flamingo stinks, but he has a punch on Y, so he's not hurting for combo and counterpoke options. Nice and fast like Kyoji.

Edge
    Skill Type
    Top-shelf TC and a versatile movelist makes this character ideal for one-off poking and KD strats. Lower SP and BL make in-close heavy-hitters troublesome.

Flay
    Power Type
    Powerful, with okay tracking. A very "swingy" character--his low DF and horrid BL leaves him demolishing you flat or suffering from constant KDs and staggers.

Babbelle
    Skill Type
    Awful, awful statline. His great TC is offset by his mixed-bag movelist. Slow and pithy, easily overwhelmed by high damage or fast aggression.

Yuhjing
    Defense Type
    Despite the claims, his defense is rather lousy. Mediocre statline, nearly-nonexistent tracking, and slow enough to gain ground on easily. Low damage, to boot.

Mike
    Speed Type
    Excellent statline for camping--high DF/SP--but his movelist is unfocused and lacks enough tracking for him to establish notable offense or defense.

Kart
    Allround Type
    Very even-handed statline, but his speed his shitty and he lacks any tracking beyond cl.6B. If not for his Taunt stance he'd be largely outclassed by Lee.

Blade
    Power Type
    The game's resident lightning bruiser. Good speed, high damage, and solid defense gives him excellent strategic flexibility. Sadly, his tracking is ass.

Duyile
    Defense Type
    Outclassed statline and a slow, linear moveset. Yet another character with poor defensive options--I suspect he'd struggle against high-SP characters.

Yagami
    Skill Type
    Where Edge deals in offense, Yagami does defense. Unparalleled tracking and high TC makes him hard to get in on, and a Critical Hit resets the situation.

Lee
    Allround Type
    Good statline, decent as a low-end heavy hitter. Flamingo and very slim tracking holds him back.

Kai
    Power Type
    Beastly damage, and very slow. Decent defensive stats, but mediocre tracking. If he can get in he's very strong for a K.O. strategy.

Shun
    Allround Type
    Killer statline, but bar-none worst ST. Pick your fights carefully and his decent tracking and overall movelist can go much farther, otherwise he loses fast.

Ichijyo
    Allround Type
    Tracking options are limited by range--he has to stay at far range. He's otherwise unremarkable, to be frank.

Sho
    Jump Type
    Not a very good pick. Fragile, no tracking, and an awkward jump-heavy moveset makes him slower than you'd think. His high BL is better done elsewhere.

Yuh
    Allround Type
    The final boss. Great stats, but has middling BL and poor tracking. High SP/AT character can wear him down easily enough, despite his strength on paper.

Luey
    Speed Type
    Boss. If not for his damage he'd be godlike. Great stats and killer tracking up-close, so he can rush you down well (for whatever it's worth in this game).

Ray
    Power Type
    Boss. Strong and tough, but like Yuh, he suffers from lightweight tracking and average BL. He's also very slow, so wearing him down pays dearly.
    Without further ado, my tierlist for the time being. Characters are listed in no particular order:

S - Luey, Shun, Yagami, Arbeght
    A - Edge, Yerong, Renny, Wong
    B - Kyoji, Yuh, Ray, Blade
    C - Mike, Flay, Kai, Lee, Ichijyo
    D - Sho, Kart, Duyile, Yuhjing, Babbelle
    Has Blandia (Arcade) been tiered?
    Has Blandia (Arcade) been tiered?

Gave it a look, but it's ass. If I were to guess, McGill is probably badass and Irriana seems kinda bad. Otherwise it's all yours.
    edited August 2016

In this user channel are some matches from Duel Toys 2. Some cool stuff there.

• BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 420
    Anyone ever figured out a tier list for Tenchu 3 vs mode?
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
    Not yet, but feel free to make one if you want.
  • sibarrazsibarraz Joined: Posts: 191
    Tier List for the first Last Blade?
  • YunaYuna and Shienne and Lindelle Joined: Posts: 7,449
    edited September 2016
    I need to revisit my Evil Zone tiers eventually. I'm starting to think that it was just straight-up fucking wrong, although it kind of doesn't matter when Ihadurca/Keiya/Setsuna are miles above everyone else.

Theoretical tier list before I get my mitts on my copy again:

Top: Keiya, Ihadurca, Setsuna
    High: Danzaiver, Erel
    Mid: Kakurine, Lie
    Low: Gally, Midori
    Bottom: Al

The entire game is based around how effectively your character can shut down the projectile spam that makes Evil Zone what it is. Every character's moveset is almost entirely projectile based, even the fucking throws have unlimited range, and the only way to stop your opponent from raining that shit all over you is to knock them down or stun them. The tier list is basically a ranking of how well each character can do that. Most characters have one or two attacks that define their gameplay. Al has fuck all and that's why he sucks.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Robotic killing machine in training Joined: Posts: 183
    sibarraz wrote: »
    Tier List for the first Last Blade?

I want to know this to!
    BlazBlue: Nu, Tager, Amane---Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Akatsuki, Adler, Perfecti--Under Night: Akatsuki, Vatista--Vampire Savior: Jedah, Q-Bee, Lilith--Melee: Peach, Fox, Zelda--SkullGirls: BigBand/Painwheel, Fukua, Bigband/Parasoul --3rd Strike: Hugo, Alex, Q--JoJo(Capcom): Dio, Vanilla Ice, Jotaro--KOFXIII: Iori(both)/Kula/K', Team K'--GuiltyGear: Jam, A.B.A, Potemkin--Persona: Aigis, Adachi -- Smash 4: Zelda, Ganon, Greninja, Ryu--MOTW: Rock, Jae Hoon-- CVS2: Yamazaki/Rugal/Geese(N/K), Rock/Boxer/Terry(K)--KOF'98: Yamazaki/Iori/Rugal, Kim/Rugal/Yamazaki--KOF'98UMFE:Geese(both)/Rugal/EXYamazaki, Kim/Iori/Krauser, Yamazaki/Iori/EXGeese--KOF2002: Vanessa/Kula/Yamazaki, Iori/Kula/K', Terry/Kusanagi/Kim, Ramon/Seth/K9999--KOF2002UM: Iori/K'/Kula, Kula/Venessa/Yamazaki, Seth/Hinako/Ramon---KOF2003: Ash/Ryo/Gato, Ash/Yamazaki/Shen--KOF XI: Kula/Oswald/Iori, Oswald/Kula/Ash, Tizoc/Vanessa/Kim--Arcana Hearts 3 Love MAX!!!!!: Weiss, Mei-Fang--Killer Instinct: Hisako, Jago--Street Fighter V: F.A.N.G., Alex, Dictator-- Xrd: Venom, Potemkin,-- MVC2: Hiryu/Felicia/Cable, Nash/Cable/Felicia-- MeltyBloodAACC: Chaos, Kohaku, Arcueid--
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tier list for this game?

Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,928
    tier for Kung fu panda showdown of legendary legends?
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    edited October 2016
  • CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 454
    How about a tier list for the SNES game "Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle"?
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,222
    How about a tier list for the SNES game "Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle"?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/197090/tiers-for-obscure-games/p36

ctrl+F Ranma on this page for the original.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • nunoelectricnunoelectric Joined: Posts: 69
    Currently playing:

Samurai Shodown V Special: Galford, Hanzo, Charlotte
    ST: Dee Jay, Bison
    SFV: Ibuki, Guile
    GG Xrd Rev.: Faust
    TMNT Tournament Fighters: Mike

Would those be the same for the Ranma game?
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 1,955
    edited October 2016
    Not even sure if TMNT:TF (NES) would be adjusted in tiers in Hothead's perspective, since Hothead can't be used for mirror matches (the game won't allow it).

Outside game genie code NNNEZPIE, how would one mirror match as Hothead @Hanzo_Hasashi ?
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    AceKombat wrote: »
    Not even sure if TMNT:TF (NES) would be adjusted in tiers in Hothead's perspective, since Hothead can't be used for mirror matches (the game won't allow it).

Outside game genie code NNNEZPIE, how would one mirror match as Hothead @Hanzo_Hasashi ?

AFAI remember, only vs CPU can be played in mirror match. First do a Vs CPU match in wich the cpu controlled opponent is Hothead. In these matches, the player first pick his/her character and then the char of the CPU controlled opponent. The cpu char cursor dont appear until the player has made a choice so you will exploit this simple omission. Win or Lose, in the next match, now the player can select Hothead and the cursor for the CPU character will appear after you select over Hothead too. DONT MOVE IT! because if you move it, the game wont allow you again to do it unless you repeat all of this.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine Veteran of the Fireball Wars Joined: Posts: 6,582
    Is Blade Arcus obscure enough to deserve being in this thread? I surely can't find any info on the net about its tier list.
    [SF5] Laura, Vega
    [3S] Alex, Ken
    [UNIEL] Orie
    [Xrd] Leo
    Well, believe me or not, I have never seen this FG, how obscure is it? Any tiers and more info anywhere?

• BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 78
    Yuna wrote: »
    I need to revisit my Evil Zone tiers eventually. I'm starting to think that it was just straight-up fucking wrong, although it kind of doesn't matter when Ihadurca/Keiya/Setsuna are miles above everyone else.

Theoretical tier list before I get my mitts on my copy again:

Top: Keiya, Ihadurca, Setsuna
    High: Danzaiver, Erel
    Mid: Kakurine, Lie
    Low: Gally, Midori
    Bottom: Al

The entire game is based around how effectively your character can shut down the projectile spam that makes Evil Zone what it is. Every character's moveset is almost entirely projectile based, even the fucking throws have unlimited range, and the only way to stop your opponent from raining that shit all over you is to knock them down or stun them. The tier list is basically a ranking of how well each character can do that. Most characters have one or two attacks that define their gameplay. Al has fuck all and that's why he sucks.

The tier list is pretty solid but I would swap Danzaiver with Setsuna and Erel with Kakurine. Evil Zone measures up to how effective a character is at short, mid and long range rather then shutting down projectile spam as if that was the case Gally has that fully covered at all times. If you were guna calculate character effectiveness you would have to do it something like this (This is not accurate)

Keiya
    Melee: 7/10
    Mid: 8/10
    Long: 8/10

Iharduca
    Melee 4/10
    Long 10/10

Danzaiver
    melee: 8/10
    Long: 6/10

Setsuna
    Melee: 9/10
    Mid: 7/10
    Long 7/10

Kakurine
    Melee: 6/10
    Mid: 10/10
    Long: 6/10

Erel
    melee: 6/10
    Mid: 9/10
    long: 4/10

Lie
    melee: 5/10
    Mid: 9/10
    Long: 5/10

Gally
    melee: 1/10
    mid: 8/10
    long: 9/10

Midori
    melee: 10/10
    mid: 5/10
    long: 1/10

AL
    melee: 7/10
    mid: 4/10
    long 4/10

The rest is then down to characters overall speed, damage plus any other extra tools they have like Keiyas move that instantly generates a blood stone and how good the defence is against things such as sidestep and anti air etc. Keiya is top just because he is a wall that can insta generate bloodstones just by hitting you with a move and even if you get into him his melee is super quick with decent enough range. Iharduca is a wall to she is just mega slow up close she does have ridicolous combos she can do from full screen that would kill you. Danzaiver is just solid agression with the sick reach melee and mid and plenty of damage. Setsuna is actually better in all 3 ranges then most the main problem is she lacks damage with no links outside basic ones. Kakurine is the ultimate mid control you either have to launch her away or get in and destroy her if she keeps at the right range she will destroy you due to her size she also has some projectile deflect punish combos from mid aswell. Erel mid is really strong but she lacks in her long game and her melee is only decent her stun ball attack is the fastest in the game tho and with she joins iharduca with the ability to insta kill someone if she has bloodstones available. Lie is very similar to Erel in matter of ranges and just like Erel and Iharduca a couple of bloodstones and he can insta kill. Gally is actually a solid character he has all you need to keep people out but if they do get in its trouble. Midori is all about getting into you her big weapon being able to fly kick over mid and long range assaults and having one of the quicker dash attacks. AL has a bunch of projectiles with strong range but they get beat out by alot of other projectiles his real power in up close not only is he deceptively quick he can pull out some nice setups and serious damage if you get him down right.
    edited November 2016
    Anyone has tiers for Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S and Super S? Also for Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle and Bakuretsou Rantou Hen? Sorry if they have been posted before.
    edited November 2016
    Anyone has tiers for Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S and Super S? Also for Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle and Bakuretsou Rantou Hen?

I forget the exact tiers, but there's a topic for Sailor Moon S a stone's throw from here (somewhere). Super S is dominated by Saturn, basically.

I don't know any tiers for Hard Battle, but Girl Ranma is great in Bakuretsu Rantou Hen. Ryoga's not bad either.

edited November 2016
    Anyone has tiers for Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S and Super S? Also for Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle and Bakuretsou Rantou Hen?

I forget the exact tiers, but there's a topic for Sailor Moon S a stone's throw from here (somewhere). Super S is dominated by Saturn, basically.

I don't know any tiers for Hard Battle, but Girl Ranma is great in Bakuretsu Rantou Hen. Ryoga's not bad either.

Thanks!

From this thread:

Sailor Moon S

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/122523/sailor-moon-s-arcana-heart-we-know-thee-not-the-all-girls-fighter-of-kings

Jupiter
    + lariat, guard cancel 360 make it nigh impossible to jump in on her. guard cancel 360 will also destroy badly spaced normals
    + strong keepaway w/ thunder dragon and coconut cyclone
    + high damage off lariat combos w/ resets into 360
    + strong oki

- slow normals/walkspeed (this is negligible, you wont be playing footsies too much)
    - super isnt very good (damaging, but slow startup/recovery, no invul... honestly you can just forget this exists)

Mars
    + 2 of the best, if not THE best projectiles in the game. fire snake (ground fb) is fast, recovers quick, knocks down. burning mandala (aa fb) travels at an angle that can be difficult to jump over. this pretty much makes her the #1 zoner imo.
    + good walkspeed, fast normals
    + damaging bnb
    + can easily corner trap people w/ fire snake
    + super does good damage even on block, can confuse people (looks like fire snake, but starts travelling upward)

- gc is kinda meh

Neptune
    + jab dp is hilariously hard to stop/punish. just do it.
    + good, safe oki
    + decent fb, not as good as mars though
    + good range on normals, decently fast

- has problems w/ the above two chars (gets fb trapped very easily vs mars, has a little trouble getting around jupiter's fbs)

Mercury:
    + fastest character, has one of the better footsie games
    + pretty good dp, though neptune's is better
    + has two fbs that function similarly to mars (again, not quite as good)
    + has a wall jump

- super is kind of awkward to use

Moon:
    + far jump combined w/ dash canceled air fb gives her a pretty decent left/right game... probably her best aspect.

- short range on normals
    - only really gets decent damage in the corner

Venus:
    + good reach on chain attacks
    + good dp
    + multiple fbs etc. see above.

- chains are fairly laggy
    - air to air is meh
    - painfully slow movement

Uranus:
    + has an infinite (!!!)
    + has a forward dash

- fb game is kinda poor
    - infinite is hard to set up, a lot of gc baiting etc is needed to land a clean hit
    - forward dash can be reacted to. blindly charging at your opponent will get you killed.

Pluto:
    + her super ranks among the best in the game. safe on block, can be canceled into, can be used as a ghetto forward dash... it has many useful applications.

- lp fb does not go fullscreen, hp fb only covers the space in front of her. don't expect to win fb wars too often.
    - laggy normals
    - only really becomes a threat at low hp

Chibi-Moon:
    + useful super (good chip dmg, covers the battlefield, once she gets started its almost impossible to move forward against her)
    + dives/instant overhead give her a decent mixup game
    + uhhh... she's moe? :3

- laughable range/speed on normals
    - terrible fb, you wont win fb wars. ever.

Sailor Moon Super S
    Top:
    Saturn

High:
    Neptune

Mid:
    Jupiter
    Mars
    Pluto
    Moon
    Uranus
    Mercury
    Venus

Bottom:
    Chibi-Moon

Saturn is so powerful it's not funny. Her weak air fireball can lock many characters in the corner (you can backdash to avoid damage but you will be stuck there, and sooner or later one will hit you),, she has insane priority with her staff, if she throws you in the corner she can mix you up extremely badly, her projectile damage is extremely high, and she has a great desperation that can infinite on hit OR block (though it is extremely hard to do.) You can block the last hit of her desperation, but the chip will hurt (Still better than the 50% it does unblocked.) Only real weakness is a lack of a reversal (though she has a quick backdash, so using that when under pressure will get her out of many situations.)

Neptune's DP is the best DP in the game, and she still has her low projectile and even gained a decent high projectile. Solid character all around.

Jupiter lost her ground projectile and got an average one in return, but she is still a powerhouse that can chip you badly with her air fireball and 360 you all day.

Mars lost her AA fireball and got another bad one. Still has her great ax kick and corner lock, but zoning is harder for her.

Pluto can hurt if she corners you with her fierce tornado and her new AA projectile helps her a lot. Bad normals though.

Moon lost her air fireball and got a shit ground one in return. Still an okay shoto.

Uranus gained a slow startup anti-air projectile and still has her Shadow Dash move (not sure she can still infinite off of it.). She lacks a solid reversal but her offense makes her a major threat (provided she gets in safely.)

Mercury lost her good charge fireball for a bad non charge one. Still good with her normals and tornado, but that fireball loss hurts quite a bit.

Venus blah blah ground fireball blah blah shit ground fireball blah blah queen of chipping blah blah needs corner to be effective.

Chibi-moon just plain sucks and requires a lot of skill to play. She lost her fullscreen chip DM and got a auto tracking instant hit projectile in return, but the startup and recovery are horrible.

Credit goes to Bious and Alzarath.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,928
    Allright Shit is about to Get Real.
    I need tier list for these asap.
    Transformer transmetal(n64/PSX)
    250px-Beast_Wars_Transmetals_PS.jpg
    Transformers_Beast_Wars_Transmetals_Nintendo_64_cover.jpg

Grim Adventures with billy and Mandy(Ps2,gamecube,wii)
    RGME5D.png?1317736269

Samurai Deeper Kyo(psx)
    303491_front.jpg

Zoids: Full Metal Crash(gamecube)
    300px-Zoids-Full_Metal_Crash.jpg

Face Breaker(Ps3,X360)
    s-l225.jpg

Tournament of Legends(wii)
    Tournament-Of-Legends-Front-Cover-45424.jpg

Marvel Super Hero Squad:
    The Infinity Gauntlet(wii,xbox360,ps3)
    250px-Marvel_Super_Hero_Squad_-_The_Infinity_Gauntlet.jpg

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (wii)
    maxresdefault.jpg

Girl fight(xbox360,ps3)
    girlfight_artheader-603x300.jpg
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    tier list for lb1? :coffee:
    Ok! These two aren't obscure nor old, but kind of overlooked cause they seem more boxing/wrestling game or kaiju 3d brawler.

Pacific Rim XBLA

Real Steel XBLA
  • ShogunZShogunZ Speed and Weight Joined: Posts: 1,763
    Ehrgeiz in this thread? I skimmed but didn't find it.
    PS4 Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn, Rise of the Tomb Raider, No Man's Sky
  • BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 78
    ShogunZ wrote: »

Not sure but I used to jam on that from what I remember its something like

S Tier
    Matsuda

A Tier
    Tifa
    Godhand + Vincent (literally neck and neck if you had to chose I would say Godhand)
    Yoyo Yoko

B Tier
    Cloud
    Yuffie
    Sasuke
    Inoba
    Lee Shuwen
    Clair

C Tier
    Doza
    Jo
    Sephiroth
    Han

D Tier
    Django
    edited December 2016
    The Zero Divide saga always intrigued me. IMO their control has fast response and LOGICAL sense of fight, compared to Criticom or even ToShinDen 1. IMO this could be the best Virtua Fighter competition prior to Tekken 1.

Any tiers?

Divide 2 is way faster and better responsive

Post edited by Hanzo_Hasashi on
    ShogunZ wrote: »

You can download all the Tier lists made so far in the first Opening post. I keep it updated.
    edited December 2016
    Anyone has tiers for Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S and Super S? Also for Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle and Bakuretsou Rantou Hen? Sorry if they have been posted before.

I think I did the Ranma games at one time. In hard battle Akane and Gemna were bastards.

In Rantou Girl Ramna wins, she can stun you off a divekick done correctly, 2nd fastest in the game, a fuck-your-crossup reversal, and has great normals. Shampoo has high-damage and stun combos off of just about any hit, a great HP, a divekick, and is the fastest in the game, but has no decent AA. Ryoga has 100% stun combos, but he needs a good clean hit to do em. Kuno has BS priority on his sword, and Mariko is imo the best zoner in the game and has the best super besides Akane (who sucks). Rest I forgot.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

edited December 2016
    Thx Bious.

BTW I have not read much about Battle Tycoon Flash Hiders, either TurboDUo or SFami versions. I played the latest and is kind of decent and fun.
    Thx Bious.

BTW I have not read much about Battle Tycoon Flash Hiders, either TurboDUo or SFami versions. I played the latest and is kind of decent and fun.

Trying it out right now, looks pretty cool.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

Okay @Hanzo_Hasashi, I think I got a preemptive list going.

Strong:
    Ottoh
    Pacter
    Tiria

Average:
    Harman

Weak:
    Spenoza

Don't Know Yet:
    Jail Lance
    Guston
    Bang
    Seena
    Calnarsa

I need to put more work into the game, but those are my first impressions.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

Bious wrote: »
    Okay @Hanzo_Hasashi, I think I got a preemptive list going.

Strong:
    Ottoh
    Pacter
    Tiria

Average:
    Harman

Weak:
    Spenoza

Don't Know Yet:
    Jail Lance
    Guston
    Bang
    Seena
    Calnarsa

I need to put more work into the game, but those are my first impressions.

At first glance, yes, Ottoh seems super good, with all that reach and damage.

BTW the Variable GEO games.

Any tiers?
    edited December 2016
    @Hanzo_Hasashi Current list, I'll edit it more later and add a writeup about the game.

Best:

Jail Lance
    +Highest attack in the game (Along with Bang)
    +High Priority Sword
    +Best in the game at Guard-Crushing
    +High Damage
    +Specials can easily cross up and do a lot of damage

Pacter
    +Has great priority and high damage
    +Almost all her normals have huge hitboxes
    +Great AA; Walkup DP is extremely hard to deal with for some
    + JHP Can hit twice on the way down on stunned characters, doing around %40 on most.
    +Breaks Guard Gauges quickly with her DP, Normals, and Bear Rush
    +Her Super murders Guard Gauges. If you block it at less than half G Gauge you're eating a stun.
    -Crouching the Bear Rush leaves her wide open
    -DP will whiff croutchers

Excellent:

Ottoh
    +Great Hard Punch; Long reach and Combos into a lot of his specials
    +Huge damage
    +Good Defense
    +His multi-Punch stuffs almost everything
    +Great Guard Cancel
    -Slow
    -Weak to pressure
    -Sub-par Super

Bang
    +Fast
    +Highest Attack in the game (along with J. Lance)
    +Quickly depletes Guard Guages
    +Great AA that hits on the way up and down
    +If he puts you in the corner can put a great amount of pressure
    + Far HK hits Low then high, allowing him to blow up bad guard cancels and combo from
    +High damaging combos
    -Guard Cancels easily ruin his pressure
    -Has a tough time getting in on a few characters
    -Ties with Harman for worst defense in the game

Great:

Calnarsa
    +Amazing Normals
    +Great Pressure game
    +Good at chipping away at the guard guage
    +Stick attacks eat projectiles
    +Well-Rounded stats
    -Lowest Base Attack Stat in the game
    -Specials are a bit lacking
    -Can easily be caught by Guard Cancels
    -Her stick has a hurtbox

Tiria-
    +Fast
    +Quick Triangle Jump allows her to escape corner
    +Great Zoner
    +Two Decent AA's
    +Her HCF+K Fire Trap splashes a bit upon hitting the ground, letting her punish alot of stuff
    +QCB+P is a great spacing tool
    +Can charge up her S bar easily and become an extremely quick fighter who is hard to hit.
    -Below Average Guard Breaking Ability
    -Bad Defense
    -Besides HP, Below Average Normals
    -Can get pressured easily if the opponent gets too close
    -Low Range

Seena
    +Best Fireballs in the game
    +AA Fireball is great
    +Her freeze special gives free combos on trades
    +Stupidly long sweep
    +Good Normals
    -Super is hard to hit with
    -Terrible Defense
    -Her HCB Flipkick will usually whiff unless you're extremely close
    -Worst Guard Cancel in the game; will whiff half the time
    -Low Damage

Harman
    +Fastest in the game
    +Good at pressuring the opponent
    +Great normals
    +Can combo from slide
    +Her LK charge kick is safe if used at the right range, allowing her to pressure with it
    +Great far HP
    -Shares the award for absolute worst defense in the game with Bang
    -Has trouble hitting crouchers
    -Can be easily kept out of optimal range
    -Super would be amazing if you didn't have to charge it in a Down-Forward position

Weak:
    Guston
    +Highest Defense
    +Great Jumping HP
    -Extremely slow
    -Fireballs are slow
    -Can be pressured easily
    -Most of his specials have startup

Spenoza
    +Okay Zoner
    +Good Guard Cancel
    -No solid AA
    -No good way to escape pressure besides Guard Cancel
    -Low Damage
    -Short Range normals
    -Bad super that anyone who sees it coming can dodge and punish

Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░

edited December 2016
    Godzilla: Monster War
    (aka Gojira: Kaijuu Daikessen)

I would love to know more about this game. I might play it this weekend with some friends.

BTW, the engine seems a beefed up version of the very first TurboDuo Godzilla FG (Bakutou Retsuden):

I would love to know more about this game. I might play it this weekend with some friends.

BTW, the engine seems a beefed up version of the very first TurboDuo Godzilla FG (Bakutou Retsuden)

Yeah, I gave Bakutou Retsuden a gander, but the SNES version is where it's at.

I only ran one set offline with this game, but the fundamentals still apply. Stay grounded, poke a lot, know your anti-airs, and know when to use DM and when to hold onto the damage bonus.

If you like rushdown, Anguirus is good to run under standard projectiles and has a low-risk air backdrop to get in. Gigan is great if you like jumping and/or they have bad anti-air. He also boasts a killer throw game.

If you like zoning and running defense, try Mothra, Mechagodzilla '74, or Mechagodzilla, 93. Mothra flight can make certain matchups very irritating for the opponent, 74 has a wide spread of projectiles and flight of his own, and 93's stun darts make zoning very threatening. He gets free DM from a jump-in, throws, and stuns. his elbow throw is really bad since it fills the opponent's DM Hella fast.

Biollante is an unusual character. Approach as much as possible, keep anti-airs simple, and avoid using her projectiles anywhere other than full-screen. She's basically a giant wall--the sooner you can corner them the worse a time they'll have.

Megalon, Ghidorah and Godzilla are all well rounded. Megalon's bombs are serviceable as both anti-air and oki, and he has good pokes. His air game is weak, but passive DM gives him insane damage potential. Ghidorah's mostly about constant sweeps and his super. Godzilla has serviceable anti-airs and a zoning trump card with DM.

I only ran one set offline with this game, but the fundamentals still apply. Stay grounded, poke a lot, know your anti-airs, and know when to use DM and when to hold onto the damage bonus.

Thanks! BTW you didn´t happen to record any of the sets? (Either Monster Wars or Duo)
  • BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 420
    edited December 2016
    BTW the Variable GEO games.

Any tiers?

Dunno for other VG, but for Advanced VG2, I know there are four characters that break the game in a way or another, but Kaori is on another level.

Super God tier
    Kaori: she has everything + an easy infinite she can set up by breathing.

God tier (not in any order)
    Miranda: highest stamina, hits like a truck, has an infinite and a 2-buttons AA super.
    Material: can zone and run away very well, high stamina + hits like a truck despite being a small character.
    Chiho: low stamina, but she can loop into genei-jin forever, so once she touches you with meter, it's over.

Yeah, both boss characters are allowed to be picked. I mean, considering Kaori is also allowed, why not?

I don't know for the rest. I guess I gotta dig deeper into the game. But the game being high damage and most characters having the same universal toolset as well as long limbs (thank you 90s waifus) mean the other ten characters are all tossed in a blurry mess of same-ish tiers.
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • BurningfistBurningfist The New Challenger Joined: Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone got any poverty fighting game Discords where people discuss this kind of stuff on the norm? This thread is amazing and the people who have contributed to it are gods among men. Thank you all!
    So yeah, I was trolling for games and came across one SNES game titled "Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls."
    I'm like, "Oh shit, SNES Double Dragon? Tite!"

It was not tite.

Working on tiering it, but off the bat Sickle is broken.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░