TIERS FOR OBSCURE GAMES

1383940414244»

Comments

• Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bious wrote: »
    So yeah, I was trolling for games and came across one SNES game titled "Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls."
    I'm like, "Oh shit, SNES Double Dragon? Tite!"

It was not tite.

Working on tiering it, but off the bat Sickle is broken.

@IM_Amazon posted some good info regarding DDV on both Genesis and Snes (but I would love to read more :smiley: )
  • ArchminionArchminion Joined: Posts: 4
    Could anyone help with tier lists for Rise 2: Resurrection (a lot of very broken and underpowered characters in that game).

Also, Dragon Master the obscure arcade game by Unico which uses sprites traced from SF.

And finally, The Master's Fighter. Another very obscure game by Unico and Cinema Supply for the Playstation which uses even more copied sprites, this time from SNK games.

Cheers :)
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,189
    Bious wrote: »
    So yeah, I was trolling for games and came across one SNES game titled "Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls."
    I'm like, "Oh shit, SNES Double Dragon? Tite!"

It was not tite.

Working on tiering it, but off the bat Sickle is broken.

IM_Amazon posted some good info regarding DDV on both Genesis and Snes (but I would love to read more :smiley: )

Yeah I read that. He missed a few characters.

I need to test out Sekka more I think.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Awesome post, and welcome!
    Thank you Rockforge !
    Very in depth and a great read :)

Love seeing these kinds of tier list explanations.

Rgds

Sorry for the double post.

Please let me know when you complete your guide. I can't get anywhere with Jackie, figured he was probably bottom tier as he seems a complete joke...

Cheers
    @Rockforge

I can't even beat the game with Jackie.
    Have you managed to do it?

Cheers
  • RockforgeRockforge Joined: Posts: 7
    edited April 3
    Double dragon 5(Jag version)

Good Lord this one is bad

Differences from other versions

1.No hitstun basicly at all
    2. no blockstun basicly at all..
    3. All characters have a corner inf which is just sweep>repeat
    4.No throws.. so the offense is basicly just mashing buttons untell you hope to hit them with a sweep in the corner or spaming specials lol
    5. No chip damage
    6. The game moves really fast and Some moves Are alot faster haveing basicly no recovery
    7.despite there being no chip damage zoneing is really really good becuse of the game speed
    8. certain jumpins Hit twice on the way down for whatever reason
    9.You start with 2 free stat points so you can put 5 into special or 5 into attack etc
    10. Only 8 characters icepick,blade And trigger happy are just not there and shadow master is only there as the last boss

S:countdown,sekka
    A:Jawbreaker
    everyone else tier: everyone else
    Garbage: Bones

Countdown: Zoneing king with a nasty corner game In the corner he has an actual high low mixup becuse Of his rocket juggleing into itself infinetely and his sweep is very fast he can allso start this rocket infinete when there even slightly in the corner if he happens to tag them with one becuse of The Arc the rocket flys in and the fact it moves him forword Allso has a multi hit special so thats dope

Sekka: Her d,d+k is very fast in this version her spinkicks are a multi hit move so there one of the only natrual combos in the game Her jab despite the hit and blockstun changes is still very anoying And her jump jab can hit twice Easy for her to get someone to the corner

jawbreaker: Good zoneing game with qcb+p and f,d+K His sonic boom is great as well Shitty normals but you dont need normals in this game lmao headbutt is decent for getting them into the corner too

The lees still have there great mp poke but there zoneing game is a little weak becuse the fireball doesnt even go across the full screen and there redizzy doesnt work becuse cr hp only hits onece Dragon spin is great in this version for Damage though since it recovers quickly and is a natrual combo

Domineqe Has her ponytail bolt her spinkick and Great range but thats about it

Sickle has a great projectile A redizzy if he can actully make you get hit by his jump hk into cr lk and his tornado still has good prioty

Bones is still terrible even in this awful version of the game becuse his zoneing still takes way too long to start up Crouch jab hits low which is cool i guess?? and he has a long range sweep if he can ever actully get the enemy into the corner

This game is hot garbage all praise the genesis version lol
    Post edited by Rockforge on
    "become one with justice!"
    edited April 3
    please deleate this post as well My awful computer spamd the forum Apolagys
    edited April 3
    please deleate this post

It is even hard to jump over an opponent in the Jag version. What a waste of potential (not that there was any with with DDV to begin with)
    Sorry for the double post.

This IS obscure! Have anyone played it?

• YunaYuna Politically correct as fuck since 2006 Joined: Posts: 7,473
    edited May 12
    I'm sure there are tiers in this thread for the PS2 Mortal Kombat games, right?

Also, new Dissidia Duodecim tiers. Shocked that this game still has an audience, but also pretty happy about it. Game rules.

S Tier
    1. Exdeath
    2. Prishe
    3. Ultimecia

A+ Tier
    4. Lightning
    5. Squall Leonhart
    6. Jecht
    7. Zidane Tribal

A Tier
    8. Sephiroth
    9. Kuja
    10. Cloud Strife
    11. Kefka Palazzo
    12. Firion
    13. The Emperor
    14. Warrior of Light

B Tier
    15. Onion Knight
    16. Golbez
    17. Kain Highwind
    18. Tidus
    19. Gilgamesh
    20. Gabranth
    21. Yuna
    22. Tifa Lockheart
    23. Shantotto
    24. Garland
    25. Vaan

C Tier
    26. Terra Branford
    27. Cecil Harvey
    28. Cloud of Darkness
    29. Laguna Loire

Bartz Tier
    30. Bartz Klauser
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
    WOOO SEXDEATH RECLAIMS HIS THRONE.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Don't remind me. He's a fucking asshole and the reason why I don't play the game competitively. In terms of matchups, Ultimecia is still tops, but this new tier list isn't just matchups.
    "Here's the thing, kids: words mean things, and most of what gets slagged as 'political correctness' is really just being nice, and most of the 'righteous complainers' are simply jerkwads who don't think certain people or groups deserve their niceness. If you're a guy, and you've ever uttered something along the lines of 'dude, sexual harrassment doesn't exist. That's just something chicks make up when they change their minds,' guess what, bro. You're not the lone hero standing up to feminist PC police. You're a pig."
    --Bob Chipman
    Yuna wrote: »
    Don't remind me. He's a fucking asshole and the reason why I don't play the game competitively. In terms of matchups, Ultimecia is still tops, but this new tier list isn't just matchups.

You got a link to any thought processes behind this list? I stopped playing a long time ago but always wanted to know why Prishe was always so high.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    The people who posted it on dissidia.net don't offer much in the way of character-by-character insight, but I can tell you that Prishe is fucking insane because Raging Fists allows her to chase you and punish you for dodging. Not only that, but her damage is through the roof. You basically can't run away from Prishe; the only characters who theoretically can are the ones who don't really need to dodge to do it. This is why Ultimecia is her only losing matchup. Prishe has a bit of a rough time getting past the fork, but who doesn't, really.

If you want the matchup chart, here it is. Like I said, I don't play the game competitively because Exdeath is prohibitively frustrating for me, but I do like to follow the scene as closely as I can.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrwpENrpOXUAxNJYG1jV1s-oGfZ5EdNTzvNgt2vCLyU/edit#gid=853351602
    --Bob Chipman
  • IM_AmazonIM_Amazon Joined: Posts: 150

You can find them somewhere on Test Your Might. Or ask @Hanzo_Hasashi

On an unrelated note, I've been looking at cooking up a modern tier list for MACE: The Dark Age. Got the D&D bug something fierce lately and this seems to be the only thing I've got that'll scratch it.
  • mattmonster1991mattmonster1991 Joined: Posts: 139
    what about kof 95-97

or tekken 5.1
    also i wana see tiers for kof 98 um fe kof 98 is suppose to be the most played fighting game on the planet yet no tier list for 98 fe we seen them for kof 98 um but i wana see what the final edition tier list is
  • DonkusDonkus Time Marches On Joined: Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Also, new Dissidia Duodecim tiers. Shocked that this game still has an audience, but also pretty happy about it. Game rules.

S Tier
    1. Exdeath
    2. Prishe
    3. Ultimecia

A+ Tier
    4. Lightning
    5. Squall Leonhart
    6. Jecht
    7. Zidane Tribal

The chart has the S and A tiers ordered backwards. It should be

Ultimecia
    Prishe
    Exdeath

Zidane
    Jecht
    Squall
    Lightning

GOD BLESS THE RING
    Yeah, sorry, no. Jecht is not better than Lightning or Squall. I don't think Zidane is either.
    --Bob Chipman
    edited June 1
    also i wana see tiers for kof 98 um fe kof 98 is suppose to be the most played fighting game on the planet yet no tier list for 98 fe we seen them for kof 98 um but i wana see what the final edition tier list is

http://mashitout.com/king-fighters-98-ultimate-match-final-edition-tier-list/
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Playing this again. Very decent. Its at 30fps but controls responds well. Very, very basic fighter with some combos here and there and there seems to be a redizzy but it only works for 2-3 reps? (great).

wtf is this it justs ends you to a webcam chat site doesnt have a list at all
  • BurningfistBurningfist The New Challenger Joined: Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wtf is this it justs ends you to a webcam chat site doesnt have a list at all

If you need any help setting up Discord, you can get some instructions here. :smile:

• ZoolZool Joined: Posts: 1
    I'll just leave this here. I discovered some new techniques for Shaq-Fu
    Hopefully this shows Shaq is not bottom tier.

• BzChoyBzChoy Only the finest poverty shit. Joined: Posts: 438
    Hey @tobemorecrazy, you might wanna add this to the Discord list:

Blade Strangers
    My main: the most lame, cheesy, trollish character in your favorite game.

Yeah, apparently people do play Advanced V.G. 2, well Japs do. Check it out, the grandaunt or some shit of anime games: Advanced V.G. 2 - JPN Competitive Matches
  • sharkattacksharkattack Joined: Posts: 73
    Anyone want to take a look at my old not-batcap Pokemon fighter?

Although I doubt I'll ever get around to updating it with mons from Generations 6 and 7, I'd be happy to share an editable version with anyone who'd want to tinker with or expand on it....
  • KhentimentiuKhentimentiu Scrub-tacular Joined: Posts: 417
    Revised Bloody Roar 1 tiers

S - Greg
    A - Gado, Mitsuko
    B - Alice, Long
    C - Yugo, Fox
    D - Bakuryu

Gado was much stronger than first thought and has a rave infinite much like Mitsuko.
    I... I never knew of this game.