Cammy General Discussion: To Bee or not to Bee

SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
edited February 2016 in Cammy
11659399_10153535208647147_9065406217554277338_n.jpg?oh=80f73c97108378e85a52b2eda06e7aff&oe=563037B8

From SRK's article.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/15/going-hands-on-with-street-fighter-v-cammy-and-birdie-conduct-their-very-own-british-invasion/
Our agile Delta Red agent returns, looking as sharp as ever. Capcom reps told me she’s one of the “most requested” characters, so if you were among the crowd clamoring for Cammy, congrats, the developers have heard your cries! Perhaps the most noticeable change to her arsenal is that a key input has been simplified, which we’ll get to shortly.
Current Movelist

V-Skill: Axel Spin Knuckle (MP + MK)

Similar in style to Zangief’s Banishing Flat, this allows Cammy to dodge through a projectile with an attack that resembles Guile’s Spin Back Knuckle. While it doesn’t neutralize the projectile like the good ol’ green hand does, it’s a very nice addition to her repertoire.

V-Trigger: Delta Drive (HP + HK)

Cammy’s V-Trigger benefits aren’t as immediately visible as other characters: you might just think her speed increases. But many of her moves gain more subtle advantages during the time the gauge is ticking down, including increased recovery speed and being able to pass through the opponent.

V-Reversal: Strike Back (towards+KKK)

Special Moves

Spiral Arrow (QCF+K)
Cannon Spike (DP+K)
Cannon Strike (during forward jump, QCB+K)

Not much new to report here. However…

Hooligan Combination (HCF+P)

Yeah, remember how this started and ended at a weird diagonal in previous games? No more–it’s the half-circle motion we all know and love. As for the inputs afterwards…

Razor Edge Slicer (No input)
Fatal Leg Twister (close to ground, LP+LK)
Cross Scissors Pressure (close, in air LP+LK)
Cannon Strike (K)

…even better, you’ve still got all the follow-ups!
Critical Arts

Cross Stinger Assault (2xQCB+K)

Post edited by jchensor on

Comments

• SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    edited June 2015
    I wonder how her gameplay will be affected by the V-Trigger.
    And what it will be overall. I guess even though there still the same move list, removing all the hard KDs force a more CVS2/2X approach.
    Time will tells.

I really do like this new design. Except for the swimsuit though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248133&d=1434420645
    Post edited by Sharnt on
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    Another one of my mains is back,hurray!!!!
    I hope they mixed up her gameplay a bit.
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,264
    There's a heavy emphasis on left/right mixups with Cammy. Her spin Knuckle now a V-skill can go through the opponent and so does her spiral arrow when blocked.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,717 mod
    You could have at least put stuff in quotes, instead of just copy-pasting from the front page article.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 588
    Couple observations:
    - Her spin knuckle and hooligan combo both seem to auto correct now
    - Her spin knuckle seems to have some strike invul
    - Her c.MP seems to be a low now.
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Strike did hit multiple times.
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    yes my girl is back! is that a new target combo cr.lp,cr.mp? and special cancels? bruh
  • RandomBSRandomBS Joined: Posts: 772
    1434423126102.jpg

she looks great to me
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    RandomBS wrote: »
    1434423126102.jpg

she looks great to me

hotlinking from 4chan, man you are bad at the internet.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,776 mod
    Looks fun. Got a bit of a facial redesign like Chun Li so she actually looks like someone you could meet in real life and not typical anime character with rounded face, invisible nose and big eyes.

I like the idea of spin knuckle being attached to V Skill and her V Trigger sounds like it'll set up some anime style mix ups. Decent walk speed, good buttons and hopefully cannon strike isn't super durp and more situational now. Dive kick era needs to go.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited June 2015
    Wish she got her rollerblades from Cannon Spike and that her V-Trigger was her skating around with them.
    Post edited by d3v on
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,134
    Jhk is different it looks like her sf4 nj hk :(

What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    Jhk is different it looks like her sf4 nj hk :(

Looks pretty good though still, hitbox wise it's a lot lower and pretty far out it seems. Looks weird as a forward jump attack though. She got what looks like an AWESOME double knee attack straight from blanka.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,287
    That Killer Bee Assault, though....
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • qOcOpqOcOp Joined: Posts: 179
    edited June 2015
    Cammy lookin' j00cy. she was my secondary in 4 so ill probably play her. v-skill kinda underwhelming but cant make her too good i guess. with a good skill she might be TOO stronk
    eat.sleep.shit.
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,009
    Two button Spin Knuckle is some bullshit.

Cool bullshit, but bullshit nonetheless.

HCF Hooligan is cool though.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Wasted wrote: »
    Two button Spin Knuckle is some bullshit.

Cool bullshit, but bullshit nonetheless.
    Not really. Not compared to the V-skills the other characters have (parry, KOF short hop that has a hitbox, absorb/reflect that works against supers).

-Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,325
    d3v wrote: »
    Wish she got her rollerblades from Cannon Spike and that her V-Trigger was her skating around with them.

Lol, that would've been jokes.

Still retains her old moveset with some new normals in place of her old ones (far st.hk, cr.mp and st.mp it seems). V-counter looks alright, side-switches. The amount of hits her V-Trigger grants her is absolutely wild. Oh, and she looks gorgeous.
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    Cammy! Seeing this live on stream last night I am so thankful I started playing Cammy in USF4. I'm totally rocking her in SFV.
    I now have two characters I'll play in this game!

She really does look incredible. I like the new design and her rush down looks wicked.

Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    Thanks to 4neqs here is a link to Ultradave's E3 Notes. Sadly nothing for Cammy yet, but the notes will be updated.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lO2n8cGufRTvQGYcFEAVCUhKJximN0x0wdLCdb4ksuo/preview?sle=true&pli=1

Cammy is on page 13
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Adult Cammy FTW!!!!
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,688
    There's a heavy emphasis on left/right mixups with Cammy. Her spin Knuckle now a V-skill can go through the opponent and so does her spiral arrow when blocked.

Spiral Arrow going through someone and being safe when blocked happened while her V-Trigger was active in the footage we saw so it might ooly be in that mode.
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,101
    Looks pretty good, I think her normals are very interesting and with the right frame data she could be a very nice footsie type character.
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    Ugh another lame female revealed, wasting a spot. Why couldn't it be C.Viper or Karin?
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,264
    Westlo wrote: »

Spiral Arrow going through someone and being safe when blocked happened while her V-Trigger was active in the footage we saw so it might ooly be in that mode.

The normal versions also go through. V-trigger versions make it safer.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • LemresLemres The Two G.O.A.T Joined: Posts: 1,600
    All these autocorrects of hers are gonna be confusing as fuck to deal with but I honestly love it lol.
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,325
    edited June 2015
    Linking after st.hp leads to nasty damage, jesus christ. Unsurprisingly, her Critical Art punishes fireballs.
    Post edited by Ryuga on
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,287
    edited June 2015
    Ryuga wrote: »
    Linking after st.hp leads to nasty damage, jesus christ. Unsuprisingly, her Critical Art punishes fireballs.

So, you saw that random match as well, huh? I swear that was KBrad lol.

Just realized that me and the last 2 poster have HxH avs lol.
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,392
    Ugh another lame female revealed, wasting a spot. Why couldn't it be C.Viper or Karin?
    Because revealing an actual SF-character > revealing Viper.

(I do want Karin and I wouldn't want Viper, actually)
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    Naeras wrote: »

I don't know what you're trying, but C.Viper's an actual SF character.

At any rate,Cammy is lame, boring, and tired.
  • YunityYunity Joined: Posts: 468
    So is your mom!
    Daigo wrote:
    Yun’s awoken to Satsui no Hado. In many ways. Or maybe I should say he couldn’t keep from awakening.”
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,392
    Naeras wrote: »

I don't know what you're trying, but C.Viper's an actual SF character.

At any rate,Cammy is lame, boring, and tired.
    I'm overly drunk at the point of writing and I'm making jokes at the expense of people on the internet I've never met (that is, you at this moment. My apologies).

Also, that post was meant to say "I wouldn't mind viper", not "wouldn't want Viper". She plays very differently from the basic cast but that appeals to a lot of people. If that means more people playing the game, I don't mind.

I like Cammy though. She's consistently fun to play and is usually a very solid character, even in her worst iteration (SF2), even though I'd love it if she put on some actual fucking clothes =V