Cammy General Discussion: To Bee or not to Bee

Comments

• otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,098
    melflomil wrote: »
    I wonder if Cammy's crouching fierce still has ridiculous frame advantage on hit.

Definetly not. It looks very different from SFIV and you can't link anything after it.

It might be her crush counter normal though, I'm not sure
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,129 mod
    I hope at least that medium and heavy attacks are safe at range. If you've played CvS2 Cammy, her rushdown came from playing "offensive footsies" with her strong pokes at mid range. Unlike most other games, rushdown in Street Fighter doesn't have to be point blank.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    edited July 2015
    Regarding safeness:
    cr.HK is definitely not, f.HK not at all. cr.HP I don't know, I don't understand what it should be used for.
    s/cr.MK are really good.
    As there are only ps4 pads on the Japan setups I have been playing only with s/cr.MK and throw.

b.HP is a really good meaty.
    Post edited by Sharnt on
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,556
    Cammy's cr.Fierce and s.RH are her crush counters. I think their could be some good setups to land the cr.Fierce crush counter but not sure what you can link after wards. I know at least with s.RH crush counter you can link Spiral Arrow after wards.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
    s.HK is cool bc you can anti air with it too. DP is too steep (and requires a motion erf pad) so it's nice.
    BTW cross under dashs are like amazing to anti air in this game.
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,627
    edited July 2015
    I noticed at around 1:23 of that first video, Cammy does some pressure strings with fierce, then dashes in to continue pressure. At about 1:25 the fierce hits, but it looks like it caught Ryu jumping. What I notice is that there is significantly less of an air reset when this happens, resulting in Ryu being left in the same pressure situation.

In SF4, he would've flown back about 1/4th of the screen, giving him some breathing room, and spacing opportunities, and a chance to reduce his stun gauge. It seems intentional, but this is the first time I've seen it, so I don't know how it works for all the characters. I wonder if there could be strong reset potential when this happens. Like maybe Cammy can cancel the fierce into a hooligan + dive kick for some 50/50 ambiguity upon landing into big damage.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Oh yeah forgot to talk about it, Cammy CA is DOPE, HK version punish anything anywhere except full screen <3
    From the panel, Peter mentioned that Cammy was designed to be "footsie heavy."
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    I'm excited to get my hands on a new Chun-Li....but Cammy, Cammy you look so good! lol
    Footsie Heavy is fine with me. Cammy had to take lots of risks in SF4.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • PlibblePlibble Bhut Jolokia Beam! Joined: Posts: 56
    otori wrote: »
    melflomil wrote: »
    I wonder if Cammy's crouching fierce still has ridiculous frame advantage on hit.

Definetly not. It looks very different from SFIV and you can't link anything after it.

It might be her crush counter normal though, I'm not sure

She may have more than one (I don't think so)
    But at the events I've played as her in I managed to get Crush counter from what is either a new command normal of Back+Standing roundhouse or that's just her standing roundhouse now (Can't quite remember) Its a deceptively long range slow kick that arcs upwards that's a pretty good anti-air.

Someone was poking out normals at mid-long range and I managed to tag one with it that caused them to go into crush counter at very long range, however I had enough time to V-Trigger -> Spiral Arrow -> Cannon Spike on reaction to make up the space and punish.
    Long time SF and VS player since the Mega Drive/Saturn import days.
    No idea what my old login for this site was, saying that I used to just lurk around anyway.
    Current top games.
    UMVC3 - Wesker/Doom/Strider
    KI - Sadira/Hisako/Riptor
    USF4 - Juri/Blanka
    edited July 2015
    Oh yeah I forgot about that normal

That move has potential to be completely bonkers if it's at least neutral on block.

Oh nvm a post above says it's not safe on block
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 657
    edited July 2015
    Cammy Beta Beginner BnBs:

f= Forward
    b= Backward
    CA= Critical Art
    SA= Spiral Arrow

These 2 you can also hit after a cross up lk but it has to be a pretty late cross up lk to combo the rest still pretty easy tho

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx SA

cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mp xx SA

Obviously you can add a jumping attack to the start of these as long as its a H version

sthp, xx SA

st.mp, cr.mk, xx SA

cr.mp, cr.mp, xx SA

f.hk, b.hp xx SA

f.hk, (b.hp, hk) xx CA

These are pretty basic combos, if you played Cammy in SF4 you shouldnt have much problem with them especially given how easy combos are in this game.

Post edited by Sanada-kun on
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,749
    Couple of notes so far

Cannon Strike actually does more damage in a combo than Spiral Arrow, so if you need that last bit of health go for it, absent VT of course.

If you are in the corner then pushback is reduced, so you can do combos like cr.mp st.mp cr.mk xx SA.

Hooligan CS seems to have more hitstun than raw CS, but that may just the game playing tricks on me.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,250
    Cammy is so easy. Only interesting thing I found is you can do st. FP->VTC->cr.MP mid combo
    and st. MP->st. FP combos. The rest is pretty trivial to figure out and it looks like she likely rapes Nash unless he blows meter on V-Reversal and even than V-Reversal seems baitable.

cr. FP & st. RH both crush counter and can lead to a combo and knockdown afterwards.

Her V-Trigger is interesting it is a damage buff, and her divekick gets a weird mixup to it but not sure how deep of a character she will be.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • UrichinanUrichinan Play BlazBlue Joined: Posts: 357
    In V-Trigger you can do SA > CA for a lot of damage off her BnBs. You cross under mid-screen.
    • MP > HP > HK SA > HK CS
    • HP > VTC cr.MP > HK SA > HK CS
    • CC cr.HP > Dash cr.MP > cr.MP > HK SA > HK CS
    • j.CS > cr.MP > cr.MP > HK SA > HK CS
    • cr.LK > cr.LP > cr.MP > HK SA > HK CS
    This kind of stuff
    Team DAI
    YouTube | Twitter
    Trying to see if she had an OS with her st.hp into V-Trigger. Sadly, it comes out both on hit and block.

On a related note, anyone else posted about her st.mp kara throw?
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

d3v wrote: »
    Alioune @Alioune85

Cammy has 2 kara grabs from cr mk and cr hp. Not as good as chun though.

SFV : Cammy bnb routes 1 (5min access lol) via @YouTube

There is alot of stuff Cammy can punish with Canon spike from 1/4 screen away.

Canon spike has way less horizontal range in v trigger

The way I see it from 5 mins lol, Cammy will be a footsie char and becomes a divekick char in v trigger.

Like you can punish whiffed normal on reaction with dp from really far, or even bait throw tech then punish with dp.

Game encourages close range but at the same time gonna be harder to ope up people.Cr lks being not cancelable and having pushback and less range in fast normals overall. I guess thats how they want to balance it.
    View conversation
    Sharnt wrote: »
    Alioune @Alioune85

Cammy has 2 kara grabs from cr mk and cr hp.
    So that makes it 3 then.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• Wedge_AntillesWedge_Antilles I like cats. Joined: Posts: 489
    The removal of crouch tech made it so lp+lk throws even when crouching, right? That would mean kara throws from crouching normals is pretty simple then I guess.
    GFWL: WedgeAntilles S wedgeantilles on Steam
    V-Trigger stuff:
    Team DAI
    YouTube | Twitter
    edited July 2015
    Trying to see if she had an OS with her st.hp into V-Trigger. Sadly, it comes out both on hit and block.

Posted it in another thread she has 4 st. MP, cr. MK, cr. MP, and cr. FP. Think her st. MP will be the best though since it is the only one you can do while walking forward. None of them are good enough to do cr. Jab x 2 -> karagrab without a walk forward.

Also her RH uppercut has mind boggling horizontal range. You can basically do any combo into it st.MP->st. FP->Uppercut. You get more damage but you lose oki if the tech. So likely it will be outside the corner do Spiral Arrow, in the corner do Uppercut.

Also st FP->VTC seemed negative enough on block to be punished so looks like it will need to be hit confirmable.

In the corner you can do b. FP->RH->EX Uppercut or VT uppercut but can't do f. RH->b.FP->RH into it. Might be able to do it with a karainput which would be sexy but didnt' get to test.
    The removal of crouch tech made it so lp+lk throws even when crouching, right? That would mean kara throws from crouching normals is pretty simple then I guess.

jeez, I didn't realize. Yes, this will make really hard to read tick throws from crouching lights too.
    Urich that video was hot man!
    Cammy is looking so awesome. I'm really glad too her combos are pretty much the same as SF4 really, she's just better at footsies and has a few other tweaks. Really excited to play her

quick question though I noticed in the video last combo:
    you went B+Hp VTC St. Mp, Cr.Mk xx etc.,
    in a previous combo you hit B+Hp VTC St. Hp xx

Which one is more optimized?
    Does St. Hp, Cr. Mk work? This could net a bit more damage in both combos if possible. Sadly I devoted all my time to Chun-Li. So I'm using you guys to find Cammy goodies :D
    Rayartz wrote: »
    Cammy is looking so awesome. I'm really glad too her combos are pretty much the same as SF4 really, she's just better at footsies and has a few other tweaks. Really excited to play her

Does St. Hp, Cr. Mk work? This could net a bit more damage in both combos if possible. Sadly I devoted all my time to Chun-Li. So I'm using you guys to find Cammy goodies :D

b+HP > VTC st.HP is the more optimized version. But when entering a corner it's safer to use st.MP > cr.MK because you're likely to run into a situation where your inputs get crossed up twice because you enter the corner, but walk out when the opponent is falling into the corner. So far I haven't found a visual cue or a specific distance where you can know which side you'll be on for certain.

I don't know st.HP > VTC cr.MK works, but I could be remembering incorrectly.
    Team DAI
    YouTube | Twitter
    edited July 2015
    Urichinan wrote: »

b+HP > VTC st.HP is the more optimized version. But when entering a corner it's safer to use st.MP > cr.MK because you're likely to run into a situation where your inputs get crossed up twice because you enter the corner, but walk out when the opponent is falling into the corner. So far I haven't found a visual cue or a specific distance where you can know which side you'll be on for certain.

I couldn't get st.HP > VTC cr.MK to work consistently. cr.MP seemed to be more consistent for me.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

Does anyone understands exactly how Cammy dive works in v-trigger ? I mean regarding the cross up or not properties. It looked like to never cross up whatever the angle both in regular and v-trigger. However I didn't see anything regarding the fact to land in front or behind the opponent.
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,556
    Sharnt wrote: »
    Does anyone understands exactly how Cammy dive works in v-trigger ? I mean regarding the cross up or not properties. It looked like to never cross up whatever the angle both in regular and v-trigger. However I didn't see anything regarding the fact to land in front or behind the opponent.

As far as I'm aware of, you can't cross-up with Cannon Strike at all. The regular version of Cannon Strike will always land in front of the opponent. The EX version has piercing properties to it, meaning it can go through the opponent on block. Whether you land in front or behind the opponent is dependent on your spacing. For example, if you aim for their feet you'll always land in front of them. If you aim for their chest you'll land behind them. The same applies to the V-Trigger version as it also contains the piercing properties of the EX version. If anyone has additional information or can correct anything I've said please do so.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, her divekick not crossing up was one of the thing Peter talked about at E3.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• PhendranaDriftsPhendranaDrifts Joined: Posts: 126
    Looks wise hopefully they'll fix her albino eyes. But those bare legs...

I swore off of her in SF4 since wins were too much work compared to Ryu, Evil Ryu, Eviler Ryu, Eviler Eviler Ryu, Girl Ryu, Joke Ryu, He Man Ryu, Old Ryu, Charge Ryu, etc... But she is so much fun in this version.
    Urichinan wrote: »

Is b+HP > VTX st.MP, cr.MK xx SA guaranteed to not side switch mid screen?
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,475
    Looks wise hopefully they'll fix her albino eyes. But those bare legs...

I swore off of her in SF4 since wins were too much work compared to Ryu, Evil Ryu, Eviler Ryu, Eviler Eviler Ryu, Girl Ryu, Joke Ryu, He Man Ryu, Old Ryu, Charge Ryu, etc... But she is so much fun in this version.

Hmmm.... Let me guess

Ryu = Ryu
    Evil Ryu = Evil Ryu
    Eviler Ryu = Akuma
    Eviler Eviler Ryu = Oni
    Girl Ryu = Sakura
    Joke Ryu = Dan
    He-Man Ryu = Ken
    Old Ryu = Gouken
    Charge Ryu = ....uh... Decapre?

I think Charge Ryu=Guile :P
    Maximillian shared some combos in a nicely little video:

Urich's combos were my favorites so far, but I do have some questions.
    Lights are a habit we all need to get away from so what is Cammy's go to hit confirm?
    having not played her yet I assume St. Mp or Cr. Mk?
    Are you guys needing to double tap any specific buttons for her combos? I didn't personally find the need to double tap with Chun Li; it seemed like if you slowed down and got the rhythm it came out.
    Urich's combos were my favorites so far, but I do have some questions.
    Lights are a habit we all need to get away from so what is Cammy's go to hit confirm?
    having not played her yet I assume St. Mp or Cr. Mk?
    Are you guys needing to double tap any specific buttons for her combos? I didn't personally find the need to double tap with Chun Li; it seemed like if you slowed down and got the rhythm it came out.
    See alioune video below for hit confirms:

cr.MP is beast. cr.LK,cr.LP is goot too (If I remember well it is NOT a blockstring though).
    No double tap needed, I could do most links after 20 min playing on PAD (PAD, PS4 PAD, THIS EPISOD WILL HAUNT ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFEEEEEEEE)
    Seriously 3f windows at minima (it only holds if it is a just frame) is really big enough to hit things consistently for most people I think?

Does f.HK count as airborne? If so, it might be a good poke/confirm against players who like to mash throw on wake up.

That said, I figure she'll most likely get more stuff out of baiting crush counters with st.HK or st.HP.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

Does f.HK count as airborne? If so, it might be a good poke/confirm against players who like to mash throw on wake up.

That said, I figure she'll most likely get more stuff out of baiting crush counters with st.HK or st.HP.

Pretty sure it was, someone hit me out of hit with a stand normal and I remember flipping in the air. Not sure how soon into the normal it is airborne though. I was using it after a cr. MP sometimes as if the opponent tried to cr. MK back or something like that it would sail over it for big time damage.
  • fullmetalsnakefullmetalsnake Joined: Posts: 92
    I made a video with cammy playing around when I could get on the beta.UNP: SFV Cammy gameplay:
    Trife88 wrote: »
    Thread is moving too fast for me but
    bdDr1HT.jpg
    She is Cammy noi....
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

She got scar back? Maybe she has the leg paint now?
    otori wrote: »
    She got scar back? Maybe she has the leg paint now?
    Nope.

In any case, she didn't have leg paint in Cannon Spike, which is where her current design is based on.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• SideshowRobSideshowRob Brb, busy saving anime Joined: Posts: 321
    So I've noticed in recent gamescon footage that Cammy says "Allons y" during her Hooligan Combination.

Cammy confirmed to be a Whovian.
    Cammy confirmed Time Lord.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,225
    So I've noticed in recent gamescon footage that Cammy says "Allons y" during her Hooligan Combination.

Cammy confirmed to be a Whovian.

The British stereotypes are real
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,012
    They should add "David Tennant" to the "likes"-part of her stats card. =V
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,486
    Huh. I always thought she was saying "Arms in" during Hooligan.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
    Anyone know if doing an empty hooligan - which results in sweep, if you can do a V-skill spin knuckle on your opponents wake up
    Or is Cammy still in recovery frames?

Just thinking of traps/tricks to keep the opponent locked down. Eventually they'll panic reversal or mash jab like crazy.
  • FrozteyFroztey Cody Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 7,581
    Just went into training with her, she's kinda lackluster and her V-Trigger isn't very interesting either..feels super linear.

Only thing I found interesting was that her best kara is with cr.mk, that's it.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    I like her V-Trigger just for the fact of it being a combo extender. Is there a good way to get in on the opponent to start combos with f+HK though? Haven't gotten to play her much.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison