Cammy General Discussion: To Bee or not to Bee

Comments

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,670
    To balance out Cammy's intense offensive capabilities, she wasn't given any overheads in SF4. This is especially true since her tick throw game in SF4 was so damn good. This seems to be the mindset they used moving forward into SFV, except the tick throw strategy in this game isn't as powerful as it was before. You'll have to frame trap and use the threat of tick throws to open up downbackers and if they won't budge, just throw them anyways.

EDIT: Unless the asshole you're fighting is Bison, in which case he'll just sit outside of tick throw range and out-footsie you with superior normals, safe scissor kicks, and uncontestable airborne pressure.

Why is this fucking character in this game? Seriously, fuck Bison.

Oh you can fight Bison pretty easy. St.mk and cr.mk are great for this, st.mk should outrange everything Bison has,beat scissor and when he jumps at you just DP him, M goes straight up, it's a good anti-air. Jumpback HK works also good against him and when he jumps-in from further away use H Cannon Spike,what should also catch him.

Feels like Cammy outfootsies allmost everyone in this version.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cammy has always been a character that didn't rely on overheads to open an opponent up. In general with older SF games, throws were strong enough where using an overhead to help open someone up wasn't necessary and more of a luxury. Just like how Chun Li's overhead does nothing more than simply take some small damage off the opponent. She needs to be in V Trigger to actually combo off of it so you're still going to want to frame trap and throw people to set up damage. Now that throws do solid damage and stun and the game has 3S style stun bar that lingers over time, there's a lot of ways to keep people in the possibility of taking damage with or without overheads.

She's also very cross up centric with her V Skill Hooligan that crosses up when close enough and her V Trigger cannon spikes. Hopefully with these options, the solid (when you get close enough) throw game and the white chip options, people find block string pressure and normal neutral options that make these things add up and make the offense for Cammy and the other cast interesting. I'm still kinda skeptical on how important white chip will be in a game where there still aren't many true block strings, but we'll see.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,882
    I haven't seen anyone mention it here and it's pretty surprising:

You can link Cammy's s.MP into s.HP and cancel into DP/Arrow. Great damage for capitalizing on stun situations.

j.HP s.MP s.HP xx DP/Arrow
    (DP does more damage as an ender unless you're already in V-Trigger, then go for Arrow > DP follow up)

It's not an optimal damage combo, but it's much easier to convert than the following combo:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx DP/Arrow

Unless you hit deep enough, the f.HK won't connect after the j.HP and you forfeit your stun combo and eat a punish after the blocked f.HK. I find it safer and easier to just do the other combo.

Ultimately the best damage combo you can get in a stun/successful jump-in situation (and this is entirely meter dependent since it blows everything) is:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx VT s.HP xx Spiral Arrow > CA
    (if you don't have enough for CA, standard DP follow up is still bueno damage)

If you don't feel like fiddling with the j.HP timing, skip f.HK altogether and just go straight into the b.HP xx VT part.

All of this stuff might have been mentioned somewhere else but having it all in one post seems like it would be nice.

A great optimal combo for people who likes to press buttons on wake up a punish with Vtrigger is
    F.hk x B.hp x VT x St.mp x cr.mk x DP/Arrow ad it does about half of someone's life. Its also possible to link st.hp instead of her cr.mk for more damage.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

• hellbox9hellbox9 Joined: Posts: 312
    played some last night, and finally figured out why this character can be scary. Heres a few thoughts, let me know what you think.

Cammy in vtrigger is scary, you should literally race to get it and pop it as soon as possible.

In Vtrigger, any spiral arrow nets a free juggle afterwards. even if you don't have the critical art stocked, even just a DP juggle will net a solid 35%-40% life. In v-trigger, a point blank spiral arrow will pass all the way through (even blocked), often times out of the range for a punish, so abuse this! blocked SA in vtrigger, you can probably whiff punish a punish attempt on the pass thru.

EX divekick also has a free juggle, as does a dive kick off of ex hooligan combination.

on knockdown, corpsehop mp hooligan combination into dive kick is pretty effective gimmick at this point at least.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    Does anyone else feel like Cammy's V Skills isnt very gd as a fireball punish right now?

Considering how short the range is I have found that most of the time you would be better off just jumping over the fireball if u have gd enough reactions
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,796 mod
    edited August 2015
    Genistar wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention it here and it's pretty surprising:

You can link Cammy's s.MP into s.HP and cancel into DP/Arrow. Great damage for capitalizing on stun situations.

j.HP s.MP s.HP xx DP/Arrow
    (DP does more damage as an ender unless you're already in V-Trigger, then go for Arrow > DP follow up)

It's not an optimal damage combo, but it's much easier to convert than the following combo:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx DP/Arrow

Unless you hit deep enough, the f.HK won't connect after the j.HP and you forfeit your stun combo and eat a punish after the blocked f.HK. I find it safer and easier to just do the other combo.

Ultimately the best damage combo you can get in a stun/successful jump-in situation (and this is entirely meter dependent since it blows everything) is:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx VT s.HP xx Spiral Arrow > CA
    (if you don't have enough for CA, standard DP follow up is still bueno damage)

If you don't feel like fiddling with the j.HP timing, skip f.HK altogether and just go straight into the b.HP xx VT part.

All of this stuff might have been mentioned somewhere else but having it all in one post seems like it would be nice.

A great optimal combo for people who likes to press buttons on wake up a punish with Vtrigger is
    F.hk x B.hp x VT x St.mp x cr.mk x DP/Arrow ad it does about half of someone's life. Its also possible to link st.hp instead of her cr.mk for more damage.
    With V-Trigger, you're better off going for Arrow and then doing DP afterwards, unless you have super where you should just use it instead.
    Sanada-kun wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like Cammy's V Skills isnt very gd as a fireball punish right now?

Considering how short the range is I have found that most of the time you would be better off just jumping over the fireball if u have gd enough reactions
    In the current beta build, it's probably one of the best.

Once you have the range down, every time your opponent tries to fireball, they basically eat 250+ damage since her V-Skill links into cr.mk. I've been able to use it to make one Birdie player I fought now want to toss out any items ever.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • BigMcLargeHugeBigMcLargeHuge Joined: Posts: 196

I can't tell you how many times I've flown right through Ryu's CA with Cammy's V-Skill to win rounds and matches. The best thing about it is that it's immediately projectile invincible; you can V-Skill on reaction. You're right, the range is limited to the mid range distance, but as with every other mechanic in this game it's all about knowing and understanding the distances of your buttons and the space they control.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,786

I can't tell you how many times I've flown right through Ryu's CA with Cammy's V-Skill to win rounds and matches. The best thing about it is that it's immediately projectile invincible; you can V-Skill on reaction. You're right, the range is limited to the mid range distance, but as with every other mechanic in this game it's all about knowing and understanding the distances of your buttons and the space they control.

I'm fairly certain it takes time to go projectile invincible, just that there's plenty of startup after the flash if Ryu's super
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,140
    What does one do after a CH cr.HP?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    What does one do after a CH cr.HP?
    CA, Spiral Arrow, and maybe Hooligan into Cannon Strike into a combo(?). I usually just throw out a MK Spiral Arrow.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    Muttonman wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it takes time to go projectile invincible, just that there's plenty of startup after the flash if Ryu's super
    Dunno, I could punish cr.MK xx hado from ryu/chun max range with it lol.
    Does chun b.HP considered a projectile ?
    Might work against Nash too, should punish Ex boom on reaction ?
    D3v had success against Birdie, interesting.
    Anyone knows if bison flames and ball are considered projectiles regarding her v skill (I'm pretty certain for the ball)?
    With Mika release I imagine her v-skill is a projectile, so it could be punishable on reaction.
    Same with vega's trigger.
    Might be possible to use it to punish bison v-skill.

Dang there really are projectiles everywhere in this game.

It's definitely not immediately projectile invincible.

Alright, you're all probably right, it feels pretty damn fast though. I've reacted to fireballs with V-Skill and I've never had a problem getting through. Either way, like the original question asked, naw it isn't useless as a fireball counter, I think it's really good.
    It gets around fireballs well, but the window to punish them is small. I gotta do it at the same time Ryu starts the animation to get the hit. Otherwise, he can block. It's more of a reading tool than something you can use to punish on reaction.

What's the frame advantage on block for her V-Skill? I don't think I've gotten punished for using it in reaction to a fireball, but that could just be because no one has tried to punish it that often. Sweep isn't fast enough if I remember right.
  • SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    What would you add to the first page ? I am a bit clueless whether random videos would be of any use.
  • randomhighfivesrandomhighfives Joined: Posts: 8
    edited August 2015
    Has anybody found any good uses for her vskill? I found it good up close where she crosses over to the other side. From what I can tell she can't be thrown of it so you can use it up close causing your opponent to whiff throw tech and get hit
    Preemptively punish fireballs, can link cr.MP/cr.MK into a finisher for full damage punish.

Cross Up shenanigans on their wake up.

It is airborne so yeah using it to blow up throw attempts might work if you don't feel like teching. Don't know if it's actually fast enough though.

It's designed to be a fireball punish. It's not strike invincible so use it at point blank range sparingly because this is Jab Fighter 5 and you'll get whacked out of the air pretty quickly.
    Has anybody found any good uses for her vskill? I found it good up close where she crosses over to the other side. From what I can tell she can't be thrown of it so you can use it up close causing your opponent to whiff throw tech and get hit

You know what you can get thrown out of, though? Hooligan. If you see Cammy crossing you up with it, just hit throw. Annoying.

• ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    edited August 2015
    You know what you can get thrown out of, though? Hooligan. If you see Cammy crossing you up with it, just hit throw. Annoying.
    Damn, really? I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me yet. I've only been using Hooligan for CS baiting or trying mixups after low combos. Can't ever seem to get the Hooligan throw when I try so I stopped doing that.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    Tonight I'll be devoting all my time to Cammy
    I did that with Ryu and Chun-Li already and felt like I improved and got a solid grasp of both that way.
    Let's do this! I'm excited, lol.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • KayzaKayza Joined: Posts: 104
    Tech piece I found:

TK Ex Cannon Strike, st.lp, forward dash = cross under reset. Delay to create L/R mixups.
    PSN and Steam ID: SpaghettiViking
    In-game Fighter ID (PC): SpaghettiViking
    edited August 2015
    Post forward throw setup AGAINST NO TECH:

Dash forward, immediate forward jump, LK Canon Strike at earliest moment (hits waist level), st.lp/throw, throw/cr.mp into HK cannon spike/spiral arrow.

The cannon strike into st.lp appears to be airtight on block, at least against jab and throw. Not 100% sure about things like EX Shoryuken.

After landing the st.lp, great mixup opportunity ensues. Hooligan shenanigans, frame traps, throws, you name it.

Appears to work on all characters currently in worldwide beta.

Edit: Forgot the most important part. This is a setup against not teching the recovery.

If done at the absolute fastest possible speed, the canon strike may whiff. 1-2 frames before the dash will ensure this does not happen. Don't rush it.

If you're landing on the other side, you aren't doing the canon strike early enough.
  • wolfeagle 847wolfeagle 847 Joined: Posts: 156
    Haven't read thread, but am I the only one who thinks Cammy has a vortex game? Two high ranked players have crossed me up and confused me using lower hooligan cannon spikes and also high arc regular versions. The mix ups are insame!
    "All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Spinoza
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 634
    edited August 2015
    Haven't read thread, but am I the only one who thinks Cammy has a vortex game? Two high ranked players have crossed me up and confused me using lower hooligan cannon spikes and also high arc regular versions. The mix ups are insame!

I feel like she still does; I've been fairly successful at mixing up with lk strikes on knockdown, mostly in the corner though. However it feels kinda risky in the neutral game; it's possible my timing is slightly off though...
    Post edited by driftlogic on
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • VaderFettVaderFett Another DLC is coming your way! #PayUp Joined: Posts: 44
    My fav girl is in and she's so much fun to play with. They can bring in anybody else now and it'd just be extra. I'm really diggin the changes, even though it'll take some getting used to, but that's part of the fun.
    PSN: Vader-Fett XBL: Vader Fett 1 FightCade: VaderFett

"You know? I love cheap characters!"-Infiltration on why he plays Nash
    "Oh, this is the worst question to ask! Of course, I body him!"-Tokido on facing Wong
    Start using quick rise or tech rolls during knockdown.

You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • TriforceLegendTriforceLegend Joined: Posts: 13
    I find her cr.hp to be a very good button. The range is long and once you have super stocked you can cancel it for alot of damage.
    Well shit, got wrecked by Fubarduck's Birdie and Afrocole's Bison. Those two are probably my worst matchups at the moment. Can't figure out what to press to beat Bison's buttons.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited August 2015
    @d3v

Birdie is the character I've lost the most to tonight as Cammy. His jab pressure is redonkulous and his set ups off of bananas and soda cans are oppressive. Seems like common knowledge for Birdie players that you can combo whatever his Lasso strike grab is if the soda can knocks you down. Legit 2-hit combo.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of using f.HK on their wake up since it hits twice (blows through armor) and is airborne to avoid wake up throw/command grabs, but since it's negative on block** I usually eat a command throw punish if they block it anyways. Near the end I just started playing keepaway, used my farthest buttons, fished for Crush Counters at max range, DP'd every jump in and whatever that jumping command grab is that he does.

For Bison, same thing. I just play keep away, fuck that dude. If you're feeling brave, challenge blocked scissors with jabs. Otherwise just DP jump-ins, and punish any blocked slide with s.MP s.HP xx DP to reset the neutral.
    Post edited by BigMcLargeHuge on
    edited August 2015
    Kayza wrote: »
    Tech piece I found:

TK Ex Cannon Strike, st.lp, forward dash = cross under reset. Delay to create L/R mixups.
    You can also follow up with b+hp into V-skill instead. You can walk slightly forward or back before the V-Skill to change whether or no it will cross up.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,670
    @d3v

Birdie is the character I've lost the most to tonight as Cammy. His jab pressure is redonkulous and his set ups off of bananas and soda cans are oppressive. Seems like common knowledge for Birdie players that you can combo whatever his Lasso strike grab is if the soda can knocks you down. Legit 2-hit combo.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of using f.HK on their wake up since it hits twice (blows through armor) and is airborne to avoid wake up throw/command grabs, but since it's negative on hit I usually eat a command throw punish if they block it anyways. Near the end I just started playing keepaway, used my farthest buttons, fished for Crush Counters at max range, DP'd every jump in and whatever that jumping command grab is that he does.

For Bison, same thing. I just play keep away, fuck that dude. If you're feeling brave, challenge blocked scissors with jabs. Otherwise just DP jump-ins, and punish any blocked slide with s.MP s.HP xx DP to reset the neutral.

f.hk isn't negative on hit you can link back+hp,cr.mp and I'm sure st.hp after it. I thinks it's slightly negative on block maybe -1 or -2. I can block shoryus after it,but often get counterhit when I try st.mp. But if you time the f.hk meaty they shouldn't be able to punish you.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Lili, Josie
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal

My SFV Cammyguide!
    edited August 2015
    d3v wrote: »
    Well shit, got wrecked by Fubarduck's Birdie and Afrocole's Bison. Those two are probably my worst matchups at the moment. Can't figure out what to press to beat Bison's buttons.

Yeah, so far Bipson and Birdie give me the hardest time as well. It still seems like it's really scary to press buttons against Bison, and those banana peels...jesus fucking christ I've already started having nightmares about those goddamn banana peels...

I really like her st. RH as an anti air...I've been stuffing bad jump ins with it with moderate success. I feel like it gets beat if the opponent sticks something fierce or roundhousey out on their jump in though...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
    driftlogic wrote: »
    I really like her st. RH as an anti air...I've been stuffing bad jump ins with it with moderate success. I feel like it gets beat if the opponent sticks something fierce or roundhousey out on their jump in though...
    That's what back+hp is for.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Yeah, I've been getting some mileage out of that one as well against jump happy Ryus and the like that get too close for comfort...
    Machineking1313
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    B+Hp is a great Anti-Air and Cr. HP can get shallow jump ins because it's reach is great.

Last night I got 30 matches and won 53%, not bad but considering Chun was 80% in 50 matches I got work to do with Cammy.
    Fought Noobtron (Cammy Mirror) and I feel like I could have won that one.

I may get on again this morning before it goes down.
    What has been the main approach method for your gents?
    I haven't done many Can-of-Sprites to get in.
    I've primarily focused on using St. Mk and Cr. MK along with Cr. HP to footsie-push the opponent. A nice Jab into Throw.
    Once I get them in the corner which with her corner carry off Cr. Mk xx HK SA is ridiculous. I continue footsie pressure and F+HK combos.

Combos I've been using are these (really basic):
    Cr. LP, Cr. LP, Cr. Mp xx HK Arrow (Isn't this one currently gone?)
    Cr. Mp, St. Mp xx HK Arrow (corner DP)
    St. Mp, St. Hp xx HK Arrow (corner DP) Doing a jump in with J. HP, this baby does tons of stun.
    F+Hk, B+Hp xx VTC/Arrow - if VTC then - Cr. Mk xx Hk Arrow into CA

I did mess around with EX Cannon Drill, St. Mp xx Hooligan. Looks like it could be good but needs work.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    I was using Ryu and played a Cammy that abused the hell out of standing forward. I couldn't do a damn thing.
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    Rayartz wrote: »

I don't think so, I was using this combo to get a majority of my damage last night. I didn't use a whole lot of Cr. fierce as a poke though, I'll have to try and work more of those into my game tonight. +1 for St. Mk/Cr. Mk though, it's pretty nice still being able to get in with those normals.

I don't know how viable it is in this game/build as a tactic for getting in, but walk forward jab was treating me pretty well too.

Machineking1313
    This is gone in the Gamescom build, but it's still in here. Tend not to use this alot.

-Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 714
    The Cr.lp Cr. lp combo still works right now but I dont think it will in the later builds. As I was told by D3v a few day ago there r better combos u can use, not 2 mention the fact that when the build does change (if it does) ur gonna be so used to using Cr. LP that ur gonna have 2 memory muscle new combos again.

Might as well make the change now, in the long run it will be better for you

Personally, I've been using f+hk as a hitconfirm of sorts. Cr.mp links out of it from any range (unlike b+hp which needs to be close to hit), even if only the second knee hits. Plus, 250+ damage is nothing to scoff at.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,882
    B+Hp is a great Anti-Air and Cr. HP can get shallow jump ins because it's reach is great.

Last night I got 30 matches and won 53%, not bad but considering Chun was 80% in 50 matches I got work to do with Cammy.
    Fought Noobtron (Cammy Mirror) and I feel like I could have won that one.

I may get on again this morning before it goes down.
    What has been the main approach method for your gents?
    I haven't done many Can-of-Sprites to get in.
    I've primarily focused on using St. Mk and Cr. MK along with Cr. HP to footsie-push the opponent. A nice Jab into Throw.
    Once I get them in the corner which with her corner carry off Cr. Mk xx HK SA is ridiculous. I continue footsie pressure and F+HK combos.

Combos I've been using are these (really basic):
    Cr. Mp, St. Mp xx HK Arrow (corner DP)
    St. Mp, St. Hp xx HK Arrow (corner DP) Doing a jump in with J. HP, this baby does tons of stun.
    F+Hk, B+Hp xx VTC/Arrow - if VTC then - Cr. Mk xx Hk Arrow into CA

I did mess around with EX Cannon Drill, St. Mp xx Hooligan. Looks like it could be good but needs work.

In the future when the lights to mediums are gone i'd go for the cr.lp, cr.lp arrow combos for the first one. Everything else will work though.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

Stumbled upon cr. jabx3 xx HK Arrow works for me in training mode, haven't tried it in an actual match and I don't think I will tbh as I agree with what d3v said, Sanada...I just kind of defaulted to it (cr. lpx2 > cr. mp xx SA) as it's one of her bnbs from USF4. I've been slowly, SLOWLY getting out of usf4 Cammy habits as I've been playing lol...
    Machineking1313
    You can also jab jab super. Probably easier to do here than Ken's short short super in 3rd Strike.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Adding that to the notes. I've been trying to get the hang of her DP super...it's so awkward as I'm not used to having to be at the other end of the gate to squeeze in the QCBx2. I can cancel the normals like cr. fwd super consistently so I'll likely stick to that as my go to for the time being...
    Machineking1313
    Uploading a compilation of matches from my first day in the beta. Gonna take 3 hours for the entire 1.06GB video though.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    edited August 2015
    A few notes on comboing after Hooligan Dive Kicks.

If landed at waist height, St.hp, B.hp, St.mp, and Cr.mp can all connect. It's easier to land a combo after crossing up with MP hooligan than it is with LP hooligan.

Here are some sample combos to try out.

Mp Hooligan crossup, Cannon Strike (waist), then:
    • St.mp, Cr.mk, HK Spiral Arrow
    • Cr.mp, HK Canon Spike (easiest bang-for-your-buck combo)
    • St.hp, HK Cannon Spike
    • B.hp, VTC, St.hp, HK Spiral Arrow, CA/HK Cannon Spike
    • St.lp, St.lk/Cr.mp, HK Spiral Arrow
    edited August 2015
    Matches finally uploaded. Includes me getting wrecked by Fubarduck and AfroCole.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
    Cipher wrote: »
    @d3v

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of using f.HK on their wake up since it hits twice (blows through armor) and is airborne to avoid wake up throw/command grabs, but since it's negative on hit I usually eat a command throw punish if they block it anyways. Near the end I just started playing keepaway, used my farthest buttons, fished for Crush Counters at max range, DP'd every jump in and whatever that jumping command grab is that he does.

f.hk isn't negative on hit you can link back+hp,cr.mp and I'm sure st.hp after it. I thinks it's slightly negative on block maybe -1 or -2. I can block shoryus after it,but often get counterhit when I try st.mp. But if you time the f.hk meaty they shouldn't be able to punish you.

Whoops, wow what an embarassing typo, yeah you're right that was supposed to be "on block," my bad. Let's fix that lol