Cammy General Discussion: To Bee or not to Bee

Comments

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,290
    Zephryse wrote: »
    I like her V-Trigger just for the fact of it being a combo extender. Is there a good way to get in on the opponent to start combos with f+HK though? Haven't gotten to play her much.

Well and also her spiral arrow will armor through just about anything also. She is pretty linear, not convinced that is a bad thing though as she has effective tools. Just simple. f. HK goes over lows so you can just throw it out if you are in range in a pretty low-risk fashion, but it is negative on block so your pressure ends right there with them in your face which is kinda annoying.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,623
    edited August 2015
    Zephryse wrote: »
    I like her V-Trigger just for the fact of it being a combo extender. Is there a good way to get in on the opponent to start combos with f+HK though? Haven't gotten to play her much.
    As a punish, on their wakeup as a meaty, after a 1-2 light attacks when they'll expect a throw, after meaty b.hp etc

There is so much footage already of the SFV beta but i'll post my noname opinion anyway. Cammy is kinda dull.
    Some links for combos which everyone already knows anyway:
    -cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx dp/arrow
    -cr.mp, cr.mp xx dp arrow
    -cr.mp, st.mp xx dp/arrow(i do this link just to look different..., does the same damage as combo above)
    -st.mp, cr.mk xx dp/arrow
    -f.hk, b.hp, V-Trigger, cr.mp xx arrow, dp
    -f.hk, b.hp, v-trigger, cr.mp xx arrow, CA(have to input the CA late)
    *ending in hk dp always connects and does slightly more damage. stun is almost always the same as with spiral arrow.

-hooligan, divekick, st.mp, cr.mk xx arrow/dp(you can hitconfirm divekick pretty easy, otherwise go in cr.lp etc)

-cr.hp crushcounter, CA(Capcom probably wanted the now "staple" cr.hp Ultra hitconfirm from USFIV for this game too...only easier, didn't mess around with it too much, don't think you can dash up and do a medium attack unfortunately)

-ex divekick, b.hp xx hp hooligan xx divekick(mixup/reset thingy)
    *lp hooligan: slow and high
    *mp holigan: medium speed and medium height
    *hp hooligan: low and fast

It's wierd, her jump-in attacks basically force her to go to the edge of the footsie ranges before being in range for a jump attack. Probably very intentional that they removed her USFIV j.hk attack and replaced it with a shit jump attack. j.hp is better.

Her uppercuts are still an amazing anti air, as is her b.hp...which is her old close.mp. All extremely reliable.

During her v-trigger you can be more "tricky" with hooligan xx divekicks. The divekicks will pass through the body.

/rant
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,005 mod
    She can combo into her V-Trigger, that is all that matters.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,871
    For landing f.hk, it's probably best either as a low crush or off an aerial reset left/right mixup
  • ScallatScallat Joined: Posts: 317
    I miss hd remix Cammy. :(

Safe SA for days and a hooligan throw grab that didn't suck.
    : I'm like the angle opposite the hypotenuse.
  • MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    couple of things i noted

Cammy's cr.mp links into itself as well as her low forward
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    IMO - use Cammy's F+Hk like Ryu's B+Hk
    Cammy is sick and suffocating.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • ScallatScallat Joined: Posts: 317
    So if I'm in close and I start a hit confirm with like c.Mk, c.Lp, c.Mp and they block. What're my options to keep the pressure on?
    : I'm like the angle opposite the hypotenuse.
    Scallat wrote: »
    So if I'm in close and I start a hit confirm with like c.Mk, c.Lp, c.Mp and they block. What're my options to keep the pressure on?

Cammy can open people up with:
    In close Vskill to cross up
    jab - throw
    hooligan stuff
    in close F+Hk, B+Hp VTC - into SA, Hooligan Drill, jump xx drill
    surely they'll get hit with something.

You can also just do nothing and wait for them to react and punish what they do.

Haven't been able to get matches, I guess the matchmaking changes mean that it won't mattch you with people far away (and that no aussies are up at this time). Can anyone test if a spaced f+hk is safe (where only the second knee hits).

That move is can be late confirmed to cr.mp, so if it's safe when spaced, then we might have something on our hands.
    Some crush counter notes.

-For when you're not close enough to dash in and combo, mk arrow does the most damage and stun, not hk (201 dmg, 320 stun).
    -In the same situation at the corner, hk Cannon spike will hit thanks to the fact that she moves forward.
    edited August 2015
    Using long reaching specials after crush counters is about the only way I'll be able to get extra damage.

I'm not one of those guys who can react instantly to a counter hit popping up during the flow of a match.

Can anyone confirm if Cammy can do Cr. Lp, St. Hp or B+Hp?

Since the ability to go lights to mediums is removed in current circuit builds, how about lights to hards?
    Personally I don't know why they removed lights to mediums, seems dumb really but that's me.
    IMO beginners and even beginners to fighters need lights to mediums to build a confidence and competence. Even with easier timing in SF5 beginners will still be turned off because they can't mash St. Mp, Cr. Hp xx Tatsu for example - ANYWAY wrong thread for such discussions.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,393 mod
    Rayartz wrote: »
    Using long reaching specials after crush counters is about the only way I'll be able to get extra damage.

I'm not one of those guys who can react instantly to a counter hit popping up during the flow of a match.

I've learned to do that already. Once I see the big capital C I'm pressing buttons.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Yeah, I buffer a QCF or 2x QCB whenever I hit cr.hp or St.hk so I can just tap mk on a crush counter. Since damn do Cammy's buttons feel good to hit
    Asian beta today. Went ahead and brought my console to our monthly tournament to let other folks try it.

Alot of guys were still trying to do SFIV shenanigans and try to fish for cross ups and stuff from the air.

Was the only one who actually got wins with her online since I was playing her on the ground. She's quite straightforward but does very well once you figure out her buttons.
    edited August 2015
    Did anyone else realize that she can cancel canon spike into CA and it'll hit?

f.hk, cr.mp xx CS xx CA deals 519 damage and 350 stun.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • TsumujiMoogleTsumujiMoogle Joined: Posts: 15
    Large amount of time spend playing cammy, streamed on twitch.

Here's the archive for anyone wanting to have a watch.

• SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    d3v wrote: »

See alioune video.
    CNF9bTGUAAACK3R.jpg
    I wish I recorded this, even just with my phone. But I didn't have a stand ready.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,290

Yeah you can get more damage with b. FP after f.HK. Maximillian had combo's like that. Literally any combo you can do spiral arrow with you could do HK Cannon Spike instead pretty much for more damage but no oki.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    Back+hp after forward+hk seems spacing depending though. Was going straight to cr.mp since you can confirm it quite late, and it links even if only the second hit of f+hk hits.

Actually, I like how you can link stuff pretty late out of f+hk. Even her super combos out of it with late link.
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 916
    So, Cammy can crossup with Jumping Heavy Kick, against specific character (Birdie in fact, in the beta, I don't know about the last build)
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
    Disappointed that the cr.mk kara throw made the front page in someone's videos. Probably gonna get taken out in the next builds.

Wish we'd all just do our best to keep good tech from getting known so Capcom doesn't take them out.
    Disappointed that the cr.mk kara throw made the front page in someone's videos. Probably gonna get taken out in the next builds.

Wish we'd all just do our best to keep good tech from getting known so Capcom doesn't take them out.

SF5 buffs/nerfs list - all kara throws removed....lol

I'm with D3V, we find stuff, we keep silent!

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,254
    Played Cammy for the most part on the Beta.
    I'm absolutely sure that these ideas were posted early within the thread but this is just me reviewing a few things from personal experience.
    Jumping HP, f+HK (link) b+HP, qcf+HK which nets quite a bit of damage by itself.
    (and you have a chance to cancel into a Critical Art should you have the meter to spend it on. That is cancelling from Spiral Arrow...). Cammy has a lot of methods of starting combos as well and I also like the idea behind her back and forward mix ups. Very well done. Cammy also has very nice normal anti-airs as well. b+HP, HK (when used pre-emptively), standing light punch... (that which also hits mid). I try to occasionally go for meaty cr.HP or f+HK on the opponents wake up as well if the opponent chooses not to tech the knockdown. Keep in mind that it is also possible to link st.LP into b+HP, HK target combo as the target combo can be used for canceling into Critical Art for a quick punish.

So far, I like what I am seeing from this game in general...
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

IMO, cr.mp is the best confirm out of f+hk since it doesn't seem as spacing dependent as b+hp or st/cr.lp. You can space f+hk out so that only the second knee hits and it'll still hit, no matter how late you link it.
    Well, my Day 0 Cammy sucks, lol
    Finally got to play her yesterday for only 30-45 minutes, before I had to call it a night.
    matches were coming so frequent I barely got any training time. However I can tell she's great, I just love how she feels.

I hope she's available from the start tonight.
    Didn't do so well today compared to the asian test, combination of laggy transpacific connections (on POS PI internet) and getting a bit too cocky based on my performance on Sunday. Sucks because I finally learned how to watch replays (like an hour before the test ended).

Here are a couple of replays from today. Take note that since these are replays, you can't see where the rollback happen, which is usually parts where either player does weird hit confirms that get blocked.

I had a few other replays, but I wasn't able to record them before the tend of the beta.
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    edited August 2015
    I pretty much went 1 for 1 in wins and losses last night, but Cammy feels so nice. I was able to confirm a cr.HP jump-in punish into the Critical Art once in a match; Apparently it's special cancellable, which I didn't know before.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,393 mod
    Counter hit Cannon Spikes take off ST chunks of your life LOL.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,123

STSFN is now STSFR. Save That Shit For Release
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    edited August 2015
    There's one thing at 2:02 of the video vs Nash that I tend to do with V-Trigger that I like to call the "triangle offense" (sorry, big 90's era Bulls fan). Basically V-Trigger cannon strike, cr.mp, spiral arrow. The cr.mp after the cannon strike can cross your opponents up. Then you can spiral arrow into cannon spike for damage (making Cammy move in a near perfect triangle). If it doesn't, then the spiral arrow will get you out safely, and you can try to punish any sort of reaction with a cannon spike.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Not exactly new. Didn't BAS not reveal the stuff he found for Bison in CvS2 during the loketests until the game was actually out?
  • BigMcLargeHugeBigMcLargeHuge Joined: Posts: 196
    I haven't seen anyone mention it here and it's pretty surprising:

You can link Cammy's s.MP into s.HP and cancel into DP/Arrow. Great damage for capitalizing on stun situations.

j.HP s.MP s.HP xx DP/Arrow
    (DP does more damage as an ender unless you're already in V-Trigger, then go for Arrow > DP follow up)

It's not an optimal damage combo, but it's much easier to convert than the following combo:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx DP/Arrow

Unless you hit deep enough, the f.HK won't connect after the j.HP and you forfeit your stun combo and eat a punish after the blocked f.HK. I find it safer and easier to just do the other combo.

Ultimately the best damage combo you can get in a stun/successful jump-in situation (and this is entirely meter dependent since it blows everything) is:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx VT s.HP xx Spiral Arrow > CA
    (if you don't have enough for CA, standard DP follow up is still bueno damage)

If you don't feel like fiddling with the j.HP timing, skip f.HK altogether and just go straight into the b.HP xx VT part.

All of this stuff might have been mentioned somewhere else but having it all in one post seems like it would be nice.
    Use DP instead of SA if you're cancelling into Super
    edited August 2015
    Actually you can connect a raw CA after the VT Spiral Arrow since it launches the opponent, no cancel needed. Just do the input in the opposite direction after you pass under them. This allows you to get the full damage of the Spiral Arrow instead of partial damage by canceling into it immediately.

EDIT: Use the LK version of Cammy's CA, comes in at a steeper angle so you don't risk flying over smaller characters.

EDIT EDIT: CA after VT Spiral Arrow will not connect in the corner though, forgot to mention that. It'll miss every time. Just do the DP follow up in that case.
    Actually you can connect a raw CA after the VT Spiral Arrow since it launches the opponent, no cancel needed. Just do the input in the opposite direction after you pass under them. This allows you to get the full damage of the Spiral Arrow instead of partial damage by canceling into it immediately.

EDIT: Use the LK version of Cammy's CA, comes in at a steeper angle so you don't risk flying over smaller characters.

EDIT EDIT: CA after VT Spiral Arrow will not connect in the corner though, forgot to mention that. It'll miss every time. Just do the DP follow up in that case.

Learn something new!
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,123
    There's one thing at 2:02 of the video vs Nash that I tend to do with V-Trigger that I like to call the "triangle offense" (sorry, big 90's era Bulls fan). Basically V-Trigger cannon strike, cr.mp, spiral arrow. The cr.mp after the cannon strike can cross your opponents up. Then you can spiral arrow into cannon spike for damage (making Cammy move in a near perfect triangle). If it doesn't, then the spiral arrow will get you out safely, and you can try to punish any sort of reaction with a cannon spike.
    Saitsu wrote: »

Not exactly new. Didn't BAS not reveal the stuff he found for Bison in CvS2 during the loketests until the game was actually out?

How the hell am I supposed to know?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,715

Yes it will. Works with any of the kicks.
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
    I don't know what you're referring to in your quote of my post, but the edits are just strongly encouraged advice when applying this tech. If you can make it work differently, then we're all good, that's all that matters. I'm only speaking from personal experience when I share this stuff.
  • JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,715
    Should've been clearer. You can CA after VT spiral arrow in the corner. Just input the super after the SA but don't reverse the inputs like you do midscreen
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.