Cammy General Discussion: To Bee or not to Bee

1575859606163»

Comments

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,564
    Cammy is the Ryu of SFV.
    Therefore noone will give her credit for beeing good unless the game revolves more around fundamentals.
    The current Top 7 on the Tierlists of those guys are literaly "thorw shit out to get 300 damage and repetetive 50/50's, lolV-Trigger"
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose, Decapre, Juni, Juli
    King of Fighters: Leona, Athena, Whip (Rugal as DLC!!!)
    Tekken: Jun,Yoshimitsu
    Overwatch: Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Winston, Soldier 76, Reaper, Zenyatta, Mercy

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,327 mod
    Cipher wrote: »
    Cammy is the Ryu of SFV.

Really?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 854
    Maybe I was harsh saying "mindless sheep". I'm just tired of people who complain when they don't even know what they're talking about and they are just mimicking what someone else said. I try not to comment on tier lists because I have no idea what I'm talking about either. Also, being a Gold ranked player, tier lists don't really apply to me anyway.

I mean, my personal tier list wouldn't make sense to anyone because I don't know enough and I'd only base it off of the characters I struggle against.
  • forest31forest31 No throw break! Joined: Posts: 713
    edited April 30
    Cammy's DP is more like Mika's AA grab than a Shoto DP. The different versions are for different distances.

In the patchnotes they put Cammy's DP in the exact same category as Juri's DP FFS! Juri's LK DP is her SF4 Pinwheel! A completely different move! Cammy's staple, amazing DP is getting Juri's Pinwheel's properties! Sounds like a hilarious joke!
    youtube.com/user/ForestTekkenVideos
  • SunTzu81SunTzu81 Joined: Posts: 510
    Just got back from Korea after 2 weeks. What did I miss? Why hasn't the balance patch dropped? Where the fuck is my air throw?
    SunTzu81 wrote: »
    Just got back from Korea after 2 weeks. What did I miss? Why hasn't the balance patch dropped? Where the fuck is my air throw?

Got delayed.

And according to 5 japanese players Cammy is not Top 7.
    We midtier now boys!

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Did they say until when? I feel like they want to nerf Rog and are holding off to see as they don't want to do another balance patch this year. I feel like this thing is going to drop two weeks before EVO and then not be allowed because it was too close to be added.

Japan finally learned how to stop Kaz apparently.
  • carupscarups Joined: Posts: 469
    edited May 3
    Delayed until CFN patch drops. My expectations say mid/end of June.

And where the fuck is Kaz? Haven't seen him in a while.
  • BixHDBixHD Semi-lurker Joined: Posts: 189
    carups wrote: »
    Delayed until CFN patch drops. My expectations say mid/end of June.

It'll probably be another mid-year situation with 2 characters dropping at the same time.
    carups wrote: »
    And where the fuck is Kaz? Haven't seen him in a while.

he's been playing Xrd and T7 lately apparently (and also League of Legends on godsgarden streams lmao)
    RTSD and stuff

Hampton Roads VA FGC info:
    Facebook group
    Discord server
    People usually gather nightly (except mondays) @ That Game Store
    4221 Pleasant Valley Rd Unit 120, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
    if you have to prioritize a day to come out, Thursdays are usually the most active
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »
    Cammy is the Ryu of SFV.

Really?

I don't think it's far off. Minus the fireball Cammy gives you better "traditional shoto tools" than Ryu.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

Pertho wrote: »
    Cammy is the Ryu of SFV.

Really?

Yeah, what speaks against it?

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cammy is the Ryu of SFV.

Kind of thought the same thing before.
    So I dont know about this Air grab. Hoping someone can change my mind with it.
    It's blah like every other air grab. Hence why no one really uses them currently anyway. Just think of using it when lk DP no longer works to stop cross ups. Just jump back grab as that will be her only answer to deal with some of these jump ins. She got nerfed but everyone thinks its a buff.
    If you reach Diamond rank in the PS4 Beta do you keep the points? I reached Diamond in the PS4 Beta but when I was getting the weekly challenges for FM it still showed me as Ultra Platinum.
    The airthrow animation still makes me think, what the fuck were they smoking. It doesn't make any sense and the only good thing about it, is the dumb face of your opponent.

My SFV Cammyguide!
    forest31 wrote: »
    If you reach Diamond rank in the PS4 Beta do you keep the points? I reached Diamond in the PS4 Beta but when I was getting the weekly challenges for FM it still showed me as Ultra Platinum.

from what I hear you do not keep points in beta
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,012
    edited May 13
    What sort of canned meaties can Cammy get after VT Spiral Arrow against backroll? Best thing I've come up with thus far are VT SA - dash - whiff c.MP - s.MP, which links into CA and VT DP (regular DP doesn't reach) if they try to jab, but the positioning afterwards isn't very good if they just block. VT SA - dash - whiff c.LP - c.HP also seemed to work, but that's really low reward on hit unless you have CA.

Anything else I might have missed here? I also haven't tested against normal wakeup and no wakeup yet, since pretty much nobody does anything but backroll against me.
  • HaztlanHaztlan Joined: Posts: 1,152
    Why a dash stMP only let you link into CA or VT DP?

Anyway, after VT SA you can whiff bMP dash crMP and against backrol you will be +3 on block, +7 on hit and +9 on counter hit so you can link whatever you want. It also beats quickrise 4f jabs via priority, but then you have normal values of fadv since against quickrise its not meaty.
    a= ​Δt / ​Δv
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,012
    edited May 13
    Haztlan wrote: »
    Why a dash stMP only let you link into CA or VT DP?

Spacing. Nothing else reached.
    Changing up the sequence to VT SA - c.MP - dash - s.MP remedied that though. Thanks for the other setup as well =)

Any other setups I should know? I have stuff for HK and MK arrow that seems pretty functional. Something for c.HK would be useful, and if there is anything actually good for corner forward throw (meaty s.MK / c.HP is a thing but it's not very exciting). I'd happily take it as well. Word has it Cammy doesn't have much oki though.

Also, is she always negative on block after a non-VT divekick?
    forest31 wrote: »

I thought after the beta they transferred over. At least that's what I remember happening before or I magically got points from something else?
  • BixHDBixHD Semi-lurker Joined: Posts: 189
    edited May 14
    SunTzu81 wrote: »
    I thought after the beta they transferred over. At least that's what I remember happening before or I magically got points from something else?

nah, you don't keep anything you get in the CFN betas. The points that were given out back in March were the ones that were considered lost from server issues from a while before
    RTSD and stuff

Hampton Roads VA FGC info:
    Facebook group
    Discord server
    People usually gather nightly (except mondays) @ That Game Store
    4221 Pleasant Valley Rd Unit 120, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
    if you have to prioritize a day to come out, Thursdays are usually the most active
    I never meaty with c MP...if y'all could whip up a meaty setup for s LK and/or s MP it would be great, thanks!

c MK can combo into a lot more than HK DP, but HK DP is the longest reaching option and therefore the most reliable combo.

On CH any version of Air QCB+HK can combo into 2 c MPes!
    Holy shit out Divekick can combo into cr.mp?
    Thats wasn't know since February 2016! Oh wait it was.

Also why would you do point blank cr.mk what leaves you minus and has more startup, than cr.mp, what can Combo into st.mp -> st.hp from that range.

My SFV Cammyguide!
    edited May 19
    @forest31 for meaty st lk and st mp I use visual timing. The dash method after SA is too predictable now.

Also counter hit divekick only combos into 2x cr mp if it hits in a spot that would leave you negative on block. So if you go for that and they block you will most likely get 3 frame jabbed or will be at least -2. If you space it so it's safe you can still do cr mp on counter hit just not 2x. However if you place it perfectly to be safe you can do cr lp, b+mp TC on CH, but it's really tough to hit that spot consistently, at least for me. I've only seen Kaz be really consistent with it. What I do is if I see the dive kick counter hit I go for cr mp and if I visually can tell I'm close enough I will do a second cr mp otherwise I go into spiral arrow.
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 657
    sLK I can understand cause it can b difficult but stmp is pretty easy u should b able to meaty that visually by now. I used to meaty with crmp in laggy match since I believe it comes out faster than stmp. I think it's more active as well maybe?
  • HaztlanHaztlan Joined: Posts: 1,152
    Reacting to opponent wake up after SA is easier with a 6f button than a 4f?
    With 4f is already hard enough to react in time, with 6f is pretty much impossible, you're just reading your opponent. Go into training mode and record both quickrise wakeup 3f and backrise wakeup 3f. Try to react with stMP to the different wake ups... it can't be done.

The "hurr durr but stMP has more active frames" excuse makes no sense, active frames doesn't help when the problem is to react fast enough so that you don't get counter hitted by wake up jab.
    a= ​Δt / ​Δv