Cammy General Discussion: To Bee or not to Bee

Comments

• BigMcLargeHugeBigMcLargeHuge Joined: Posts: 196
    Oh, okay that makes more sense. Boom there you go, I'll have to try that out when I get home tonight. In the corner it's so ambiguous which side you're on after you pass through them. You're behind them, then in front of them together all at the same time. Even makes the regular DP follow up tricky sometimes.

Thank you for the info, @JokeeBoi
  • Sanada-kunSanada-kun Joined: Posts: 716
    Am i right in assuming that because of light into mediums being removed in the latest build some of cammy's bnb will be useless?
  • the7kthe7k Kitty Pride. Joined: Posts: 5,570
    I've been playing all the characters so I'd have a general idea of how the game plays, and I have an issue with Cammy that hopefully someone can answer. I'm not even pretending to me a Cammy main or even a SF player in general so forgive me if this sounds stupid as hell:

I tried all of her ground attack, holding forward, holding back, crouching, neutral, her specials - none of them are overheads. Considering how extremely generous the throw tech window is, what exactly can you do about someone down backing all day? Sorry for the stupid question, I just don't know what the hell the solution is to this for Cammy in particular.
    "Comebacks are fine as long as I'm the one doing them. Otherwise, they are evidence of a broken, poorly balanced game and it's all because of poor netcode and in-game lag due to poor port optimization and it was a terrible matchup and they need to patch the game and I should have won that and why does anyone even play this awful, fraud friendly game."
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,446 mod
    Sanada-kun wrote: »
    Am i right in assuming that because of light into mediums being removed in the latest build some of cammy's bnb will be useless?

Those were the weaker ones anyway. Her biggest damage came from medium and heavy confirms.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    d3v wrote: »

Those were the weaker ones anyway. Her biggest damage came from medium and heavy confirms.

So then her only cross up is crlk and u can only combo that into lights.

Also wat does that do 2 her dive kick? Can u combo that into mediums
    edited August 2015
    To balance out Cammy's intense offensive capabilities, she wasn't given any overheads in SF4. This is especially true since her tick throw game in SF4 was so damn good. This seems to be the mindset they used moving forward into SFV, except the tick throw strategy in this game isn't as powerful as it was before. You'll have to frame trap and use the threat of tick throws to open up downbackers and if they won't budge, just throw them anyways.

EDIT: Unless the asshole you're fighting is Bison, in which case he'll just sit outside of tick throw range and out-footsie you with superior normals, safe scissor kicks, and uncontestable airborne pressure.

Why is this fucking character in this game? Seriously, fuck Bison.
    Post edited by BigMcLargeHuge on
    edited August 2015

HK strike combos into cr.mp.

Not that you'll be divekicking much in this game. Cammy's rushdown in this game is much more ground based.

EDIT: You can also combo j.lk into cr.mp.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,834
    To balance out Cammy's intense offensive capabilities, she wasn't given any overheads in SF4. This is especially true since her tick throw game in SF4 was so damn good. This seems to be the mindset they used moving forward into SFV, except the tick throw strategy in this game isn't as powerful as it was before. You'll have to frame trap and use the threat of tick throws to open up downbackers and if they won't budge, just throw them anyways.

EDIT: Unless the asshole you're fighting is Bison, in which case he'll just sit outside of tick throw range and out-footsie you with superior normals, safe scissor kicks, and uncontestable airborne pressure.

You can very much contest after a blocked SK. Otherwise try fishing with cr.hp; it's pretty good against him as Bison has to play Tank footsies where he pretty much picks a spot and moves only a little from it. Cammy can actually weave in and out

Not that you'll be divekicking much in this game. Cammy's rushdown in this game is much more ground based.

Oh ok kool thanks 4 the info.

Video.

-Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,798

Oh you can fight Bison pretty easy. St.mk and cr.mk are great for this, st.mk should outrange everything Bison has,beat scissor and when he jumps at you just DP him, M goes straight up, it's a good anti-air. Jumpback HK works also good against him and when he jumps-in from further away use H Cannon Spike,what should also catch him.

Feels like Cammy outfootsies allmost everyone in this version.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,211 mod
    Cammy has always been a character that didn't rely on overheads to open an opponent up. In general with older SF games, throws were strong enough where using an overhead to help open someone up wasn't necessary and more of a luxury. Just like how Chun Li's overhead does nothing more than simply take some small damage off the opponent. She needs to be in V Trigger to actually combo off of it so you're still going to want to frame trap and throw people to set up damage. Now that throws do solid damage and stun and the game has 3S style stun bar that lingers over time, there's a lot of ways to keep people in the possibility of taking damage with or without overheads.

She's also very cross up centric with her V Skill Hooligan that crosses up when close enough and her V Trigger cannon spikes. Hopefully with these options, the solid (when you get close enough) throw game and the white chip options, people find block string pressure and normal neutral options that make these things add up and make the offense for Cammy and the other cast interesting. I'm still kinda skeptical on how important white chip will be in a game where there still aren't many true block strings, but we'll see.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,992
    I haven't seen anyone mention it here and it's pretty surprising:

You can link Cammy's s.MP into s.HP and cancel into DP/Arrow. Great damage for capitalizing on stun situations.

j.HP s.MP s.HP xx DP/Arrow
    (DP does more damage as an ender unless you're already in V-Trigger, then go for Arrow > DP follow up)

It's not an optimal damage combo, but it's much easier to convert than the following combo:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx DP/Arrow

Unless you hit deep enough, the f.HK won't connect after the j.HP and you forfeit your stun combo and eat a punish after the blocked f.HK. I find it safer and easier to just do the other combo.

Ultimately the best damage combo you can get in a stun/successful jump-in situation (and this is entirely meter dependent since it blows everything) is:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx VT s.HP xx Spiral Arrow > CA
    (if you don't have enough for CA, standard DP follow up is still bueno damage)

If you don't feel like fiddling with the j.HP timing, skip f.HK altogether and just go straight into the b.HP xx VT part.

All of this stuff might have been mentioned somewhere else but having it all in one post seems like it would be nice.

A great optimal combo for people who likes to press buttons on wake up a punish with Vtrigger is
    F.hk x B.hp x VT x St.mp x cr.mk x DP/Arrow ad it does about half of someone's life. Its also possible to link st.hp instead of her cr.mk for more damage.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Kolin/ Hopefully Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ Frieza....

• hellbox9hellbox9 Joined: Posts: 312
    played some last night, and finally figured out why this character can be scary. Heres a few thoughts, let me know what you think.

Cammy in vtrigger is scary, you should literally race to get it and pop it as soon as possible.

In Vtrigger, any spiral arrow nets a free juggle afterwards. even if you don't have the critical art stocked, even just a DP juggle will net a solid 35%-40% life. In v-trigger, a point blank spiral arrow will pass all the way through (even blocked), often times out of the range for a punish, so abuse this! blocked SA in vtrigger, you can probably whiff punish a punish attempt on the pass thru.

EX divekick also has a free juggle, as does a dive kick off of ex hooligan combination.

on knockdown, corpsehop mp hooligan combination into dive kick is pretty effective gimmick at this point at least.
    Does anyone else feel like Cammy's V Skills isnt very gd as a fireball punish right now?

Considering how short the range is I have found that most of the time you would be better off just jumping over the fireball if u have gd enough reactions
    edited August 2015
    Genistar wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention it here and it's pretty surprising:

You can link Cammy's s.MP into s.HP and cancel into DP/Arrow. Great damage for capitalizing on stun situations.

j.HP s.MP s.HP xx DP/Arrow
    (DP does more damage as an ender unless you're already in V-Trigger, then go for Arrow > DP follow up)

It's not an optimal damage combo, but it's much easier to convert than the following combo:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx DP/Arrow

Unless you hit deep enough, the f.HK won't connect after the j.HP and you forfeit your stun combo and eat a punish after the blocked f.HK. I find it safer and easier to just do the other combo.

Ultimately the best damage combo you can get in a stun/successful jump-in situation (and this is entirely meter dependent since it blows everything) is:

j.HP f.HK b.HP xx VT s.HP xx Spiral Arrow > CA
    (if you don't have enough for CA, standard DP follow up is still bueno damage)

If you don't feel like fiddling with the j.HP timing, skip f.HK altogether and just go straight into the b.HP xx VT part.

All of this stuff might have been mentioned somewhere else but having it all in one post seems like it would be nice.

A great optimal combo for people who likes to press buttons on wake up a punish with Vtrigger is
    F.hk x B.hp x VT x St.mp x cr.mk x DP/Arrow ad it does about half of someone's life. Its also possible to link st.hp instead of her cr.mk for more damage.
    With V-Trigger, you're better off going for Arrow and then doing DP afterwards, unless you have super where you should just use it instead.
    Does anyone else feel like Cammy's V Skills isnt very gd as a fireball punish right now?

Considering how short the range is I have found that most of the time you would be better off just jumping over the fireball if u have gd enough reactions
    In the current beta build, it's probably one of the best.

Once you have the range down, every time your opponent tries to fireball, they basically eat 250+ damage since her V-Skill links into cr.mk. I've been able to use it to make one Birdie player I fought now want to toss out any items ever.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO

I can't tell you how many times I've flown right through Ryu's CA with Cammy's V-Skill to win rounds and matches. The best thing about it is that it's immediately projectile invincible; you can V-Skill on reaction. You're right, the range is limited to the mid range distance, but as with every other mechanic in this game it's all about knowing and understanding the distances of your buttons and the space they control.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,834

I can't tell you how many times I've flown right through Ryu's CA with Cammy's V-Skill to win rounds and matches. The best thing about it is that it's immediately projectile invincible; you can V-Skill on reaction. You're right, the range is limited to the mid range distance, but as with every other mechanic in this game it's all about knowing and understanding the distances of your buttons and the space they control.

I'm fairly certain it takes time to go projectile invincible, just that there's plenty of startup after the flash if Ryu's super
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,215
    What does one do after a CH cr.HP?
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    What does one do after a CH cr.HP?
    CA, Spiral Arrow, and maybe Hooligan into Cannon Strike into a combo(?). I usually just throw out a MK Spiral Arrow.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    Muttonman wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it takes time to go projectile invincible, just that there's plenty of startup after the flash if Ryu's super
    Dunno, I could punish cr.MK xx hado from ryu/chun max range with it lol.
    Does chun b.HP considered a projectile ?
    Might work against Nash too, should punish Ex boom on reaction ?
    D3v had success against Birdie, interesting.
    Anyone knows if bison flames and ball are considered projectiles regarding her v skill (I'm pretty certain for the ball)?
    With Mika release I imagine her v-skill is a projectile, so it could be punishable on reaction.
    Same with vega's trigger.
    Might be possible to use it to punish bison v-skill.

Dang there really are projectiles everywhere in this game.

It's definitely not immediately projectile invincible.

Alright, you're all probably right, it feels pretty damn fast though. I've reacted to fireballs with V-Skill and I've never had a problem getting through. Either way, like the original question asked, naw it isn't useless as a fireball counter, I think it's really good.
    It gets around fireballs well, but the window to punish them is small. I gotta do it at the same time Ryu starts the animation to get the hit. Otherwise, he can block. It's more of a reading tool than something you can use to punish on reaction.

What's the frame advantage on block for her V-Skill? I don't think I've gotten punished for using it in reaction to a fireball, but that could just be because no one has tried to punish it that often. Sweep isn't fast enough if I remember right.
  • SharntSharnt Joined: Posts: 354
    What would you add to the first page ? I am a bit clueless whether random videos would be of any use.
  • randomhighfivesrandomhighfives Joined: Posts: 8
    edited August 2015
    Has anybody found any good uses for her vskill? I found it good up close where she crosses over to the other side. From what I can tell she can't be thrown of it so you can use it up close causing your opponent to whiff throw tech and get hit
    Preemptively punish fireballs, can link cr.MP/cr.MK into a finisher for full damage punish.

Cross Up shenanigans on their wake up.

It is airborne so yeah using it to blow up throw attempts might work if you don't feel like teching. Don't know if it's actually fast enough though.

It's designed to be a fireball punish. It's not strike invincible so use it at point blank range sparingly because this is Jab Fighter 5 and you'll get whacked out of the air pretty quickly.
    Has anybody found any good uses for her vskill? I found it good up close where she crosses over to the other side. From what I can tell she can't be thrown of it so you can use it up close causing your opponent to whiff throw tech and get hit

You know what you can get thrown out of, though? Hooligan. If you see Cammy crossing you up with it, just hit throw. Annoying.

• ZephryseZephryse "Triumph or die!" Joined: Posts: 563
    edited August 2015
    You know what you can get thrown out of, though? Hooligan. If you see Cammy crossing you up with it, just hit throw. Annoying.
    Damn, really? I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me yet. I've only been using Hooligan for CS baiting or trying mixups after low combos. Can't ever seem to get the Hooligan throw when I try so I stopped doing that.
    CFN: waltzfatali-
    SFV: Bison
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    Tonight I'll be devoting all my time to Cammy
    I did that with Ryu and Chun-Li already and felt like I improved and got a solid grasp of both that way.
    Let's do this! I'm excited, lol.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • KayzaKayza Joined: Posts: 104
    Tech piece I found:

TK Ex Cannon Strike, st.lp, forward dash = cross under reset. Delay to create L/R mixups.
    PSN and Steam ID: SpaghettiViking
    In-game Fighter ID (PC): SpaghettiViking
  • KayzaKayza Joined: Posts: 104
    edited August 2015
    Post forward throw setup AGAINST NO TECH:

Dash forward, immediate forward jump, LK Canon Strike at earliest moment (hits waist level), st.lp/throw, throw/cr.mp into HK cannon spike/spiral arrow.

The cannon strike into st.lp appears to be airtight on block, at least against jab and throw. Not 100% sure about things like EX Shoryuken.

After landing the st.lp, great mixup opportunity ensues. Hooligan shenanigans, frame traps, throws, you name it.

Appears to work on all characters currently in worldwide beta.

Edit: Forgot the most important part. This is a setup against not teching the recovery.

If done at the absolute fastest possible speed, the canon strike may whiff. 1-2 frames before the dash will ensure this does not happen. Don't rush it.

If you're landing on the other side, you aren't doing the canon strike early enough.
    PSN and Steam ID: SpaghettiViking
    In-game Fighter ID (PC): SpaghettiViking
  • wolfeagle 847wolfeagle 847 Joined: Posts: 156
    Haven't read thread, but am I the only one who thinks Cammy has a vortex game? Two high ranked players have crossed me up and confused me using lower hooligan cannon spikes and also high arc regular versions. The mix ups are insame!
    "All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Spinoza
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 646
    edited August 2015
    Haven't read thread, but am I the only one who thinks Cammy has a vortex game? Two high ranked players have crossed me up and confused me using lower hooligan cannon spikes and also high arc regular versions. The mix ups are insame!

I feel like she still does; I've been fairly successful at mixing up with lk strikes on knockdown, mostly in the corner though. However it feels kinda risky in the neutral game; it's possible my timing is slightly off though...
    Post edited by driftlogic on
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • VaderFettVaderFett Another DLC is coming your way! #PayUp Joined: Posts: 44
    My fav girl is in and she's so much fun to play with. They can bring in anybody else now and it'd just be extra. I'm really diggin the changes, even though it'll take some getting used to, but that's part of the fun.
    PSN: Vader-Fett XBL: Vader Fett 1 FightCade: VaderFett

"You know? I love cheap characters!"-Infiltration on why he plays Nash
    "Oh, this is the worst question to ask! Of course, I body him!"-Tokido on facing Wong
    Start using quick rise or tech rolls during knockdown.

-Mike_Z

-PersiaXO
  • TriforceLegendTriforceLegend Joined: Posts: 13
    I find her cr.hp to be a very good button. The range is long and once you have super stocked you can cancel it for alot of damage.
    Well shit, got wrecked by Fubarduck's Birdie and Afrocole's Bison. Those two are probably my worst matchups at the moment. Can't figure out what to press to beat Bison's buttons.
    -Mike_Z

-PersiaXO