Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Birdie General Thread: The Banana Bogey Brawler

Comments

• RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In A2 his far rh and close rh was the same, it was a overhead regardless. You could also combo after it. Was this possible in the E3 build?
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,189
    Does anyone know if there's any footage of Birdie's booger flick thing? It's obviously useless for actual matches, but it might have some combo video usage if they keep it as is.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    edited June 2015

It's at the 3 minute mark.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
    Thanks. If you can cancel the animation at any point and it still travels, you might be able to combo a jump-in after it XD

Might also be nice for trades if it has minimal hitstun like suggested.

I don't think you have enough time for a jump in. As soon as he flicks the booger the projectile is already in motion so there's no way you'd be able to cancel into a jump in.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
    Killey wrote: »
    I don't think you have enough time for a jump in. As soon as he flicks the booger the projectile is already in motion so there's no way you'd be able to cancel into a jump in.
    If it still counts as neutral animation you should be able to jump the frame after the booger is launched. If not, then no, he won't be able to do anything after it.

• gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Breakdown of the e3 build of Birdie. Feel free to correct anything that's wrong.

SNIP

This list is pretty good for the most part. 2 things though

1.His c.forward kick isn't like his SFA version. In SFA he had a c.forward that is similar to Abel/Gouken's c.forward only it had crazy range, probably the longest. In SF5, his c.forward is just a standard low hitting attack that looks similar to his c.roundhouse.

2.I'm 100% sure on this, his EX hcb+P SPD/command grab has no invincibility on it. I tried waking up with this to go through meaty pressure and I was hit out of it several times. I bet the EX version just has added range to it.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
    Yeah his c.mk in A2 was good poke/anti air. Real annoying.
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,452
    gilley wrote: »
    Breakdown of the e3 build of Birdie. Feel free to correct anything that's wrong.

SNIP

This list is pretty good for the most part. 2 things though

1.His c.forward kick isn't like his SFA version. In SFA he had a c.forward that is similar to Abel/Gouken's c.forward only it had crazy range, probably the longest. In SF5, his c.forward is just a standard low hitting attack that looks similar to his c.roundhouse.

2.I'm 100% sure on this, his EX hcb+P SPD/command grab has no invincibility on it. I tried waking up with this to go through meaty pressure and I was hit out of it several times. I bet the EX version just has added range to it.

Ultra david said his EX Version of SPD had no invincibility on it as well.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
    Hmmm...I had the EX version go through some attacks so I thought it had some invincibility. I remember the range on the EX version being about as bad as the range on the Fierce version. I'm not really sure what the EX version is good for besides additional damage. Maybe faster start up then?
  • mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 7,015
    It looks like it starts up faster from what I've seen. His regular SPD's seem very slow.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
    Yeah I saw a vid of him being jabbed out of it
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,781
    vilioPd wrote: »
    Every character has the same exact stun gauge? They should Birdie's stun gauge longer

agreed, it would add more variety, I think that may be hashed out later though
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,936
    I just hope capcom take BIRDIE as a Surname like they do with ANDORE so it would be a different BIRDIE for from SF1, SFZ and SFV or make somewhat a GANG like RED-HOOD in BATMAN comic books. But I guess they won't but its not to late to RETCON things for the BETTER and BEST illiteration. Since it would be a more widely accepted reason for purist fans of the story. Yoshimitsu and King is doing that to in his clan in TEKKEN series.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

DBFZ Optimization of other forms : Design Ideas Fusion Character | * Rose, Black & Zamasu in one character? | * SSJB & Kaoiken not as a multiple form and multiple power-up | *

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Pikon
    2.) Hit
    3.) Super Janemba
    4.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    5.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    6.) Caulifa
    7.) Kale
    8.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    9.) Rose with Zamasu
    10.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards
    New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • robotic elfrobotic elf like in the stories Joined: Posts: 850
    Hmmm...I had the EX version go through some attacks so I thought it had some invincibility. I remember the range on the EX version being about as bad as the range on the Fierce version. I'm not really sure what the EX version is good for besides additional damage. Maybe faster start up then?

People are saying it's not invul because Ultrachen said it was throw vulnerable, but they didn't specify whether it was hitvulnerable.
    Is SpoonyGosling
    This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.
    edited June 2015
    I just hope capcom take BIRDIE as a Surname like they do with ANDORE so it would be a different BIRDIE for from SF1, SFZ and SFV or make somewhat a GANG like RED-HOOD in BATMAN comic books. But I guess they won't but its not to late to RETCON things for the BETTER and BEST illiteration. Since it would be a more widely accepted reason for purist fans of the story. Yoshimitsu and King is doing that to in his clan in TEKKEN series.

As obnoxious as your post was to read, you make a good point. This would have made a more elegant way to explain how different this character is every time he shows up.

• iBryaniBryan Joined: Posts: 191
    I love his design. People forget that SF is a rugged and urban fighting game with a cultured audience and his entire character is a manifestation of that. This isn't KOF where every character looks like an ideal, fashionable, typical person (not that there's anything wrong with that, KOF has dope character designs). Birdie adds an essense to the game that I actually enjoy; an intimidating, aging biker who loves to drink and party, as well as kick ass. SF characters are usually over-exaggerated, so does his massive beer belly really surprise anyone?

Anyway, on to the gameplay. His normals look great. His damage output is absolutely insane. This guy will be a problem; he has the potential to really dominate in SFV.
    PSN: BonafydeSkillz
    USFIV: Vega
    SFV Beta: Vega, M. Bison
    Youtube: Search "BonafydeSkillz (Vega)"
    iBryan wrote: »
    I love his design. People forget that SF is a rugged and urban fighting game with a cultured audience and his entire character is a manifestation of that. This isn't KOF where every character looks like an ideal, fashionable, typical person (not that there's anything wrong with that, KOF has dope character designs). Birdie adds an essense to the game that I actually enjoy; an intimidating, aging biker who loves to drink and party, as well as kick ass. SF characters are usually over-exaggerated, so does his massive beer belly really surprise anyone?

Anyway, on to the gameplay. His normals look great. His damage output is absolutely insane. This guy will be a problem; he has the potential to really dominate in SFV.

He has issues in the corner, he isn't a traditional grappler who you should be scared to go in on. His grab isn't near instant like SF4 Gief or Hugo, isaw him get jabbed out of it plenty. I think once people get used to him and just go in you will start to see some weakness. Of course this all could change by the next build so who knows lol.
    Anyone seen if Birdie's scorpion chain can be combo'd into?

• NekketsuNekketsu Joined: Posts: 2
    iBryan wrote: »

More like Birdie was the only character they could get away with turning into a disgusting slob. His few dozen fanboys can be ignored easily. They'd never pull this drastic "characters change over time" angle with anyone halfway popular.

His gameplay looks way improved over Alpha series and I love it. But I hate his ass-scratching, booger-flicking, donut-scarfing persona. About the only part of the visual design I like is the dyed blond chest hair while still keeping his mutton chops brown/black lol.
    mowr wrote: »
    Anyone seen if Birdie's scorpion chain can be combo'd into?

I haven't seen it, but I think bull head does more anyway.
  • iBryaniBryan Joined: Posts: 191

He has issues in the corner, he isn't a traditional grappler who you should be scared to go in on. His grab isn't near instant like SF4 Gief or Hugo, isaw him get jabbed out of it plenty. I think once people get used to him and just go in you will start to see some weakness. Of course this all could change by the next build so who knows lol.

That's a good observartion, didn't notice that. Who knows how it will be once the game is actually released, lol.

Nekketsu wrote: »

More like Birdie was the only character they could get away with turning into a disgusting slob. His few dozen fanboys can be ignored easily. They'd never pull this drastic "characters change over time" angle with anyone halfway popular.

His gameplay looks way improved over Alpha series and I love it. But I hate his ass-scratching, booger-flicking, donut-scarfing persona. About the only part of the visual design I like is the dyed blond chest hair while still keeping his mutton chops brown/black lol.

Well Bison has grey hair now haha, that's pretty drastic right? I don't an issue with his new design, like I said he fits right into SF. We have a guy who rubs himself down in oil and uses that as a weapon. Booger flicking doesn't quite gross me out like that does haha
    PSN: BonafydeSkillz
    USFIV: Vega
    SFV Beta: Vega, M. Bison
    Youtube: Search "BonafydeSkillz (Vega)"
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,751
    i would prefer if they reduced the size of that belly abit. not saying make him look like a mountain of muscles , but just make him not look like your typical obese
    couchpotato , etc.

• EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,452
    edited July 2015
    The thing about his belly is that you need to look at his posture. He sticks it out in front of him making it even more pronounced since he leans back with his hips forward in a lot of his standing animations. In addition he is CLEARLY wearing pants way too small.

2886285-16_birdie_kick.jpg

He is wearing his old pants, they've gotten so tight they are ripping at the seams. If he wore pants proper size it wouldn't push his gut up and over the pants as much and make him look less fat because his belly is more bunched up and pushed up right now.
    Post edited by Eternal on
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • bisonatorbisonator Joined: Posts: 694
    His belly isn't bad. When I first saw it I was put off but it looks fine after a while
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,488
    edited July 2015
    Imo his belly is awesome. I don't need a Fighting Game with perfect bodies all over the place.
    Birdie is the realest "Street Fighter" of them all right now. He eats donuts, he looks like a street punk. He doesn't care.
    Also his arms still are very muscular. It's a pretty realistic appearance imo, cause the strongest men in the world all have bellys.

I wouldn't mind a chubby woman as well for a change.
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    JWong had a pretty good Birdie:

Even though I don't like the giant and slow Grappler trope I like the fact that Birdie has a variety of options in how to play him. He doesn't play liek the typical giant Grappler where you gotta' make reads and get a jump in. You can play footsies and confirm into Super for almost 50%. You can make reads and get your grab going. You can just take the hit and pump up V-Trigger to blow up their defensiveness. You can throw cans, lay traps, and play weird.

There's a lot of options with this character.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,231 mod
    edited July 2015
    I like how Birdie gives off the whole gluttony thing while not being a complete slob like Rufus was. Rufus was just fat for the sake of being fat. At least Birdie still has beastly arms and just happened to let his gut go. Which again this is easier to do with a character like Birdie than say Ryu or Cammy.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,781
    My main has been Ken in all SF since 2 turbo (except in Alpha 3 please karin please) I have recently been working alot with abel lately but I still feel like Birdie will be my main. I love his redesign the most still, even over Kens.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Eternal wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    I wonder why Birdie's fat now. Is he depressed?

Did his time in the Psycho Drive make him fearful of his own mortality and now he eats to fight his depression?

He is fat because he loves to eat, that is obvious. Gluttony has always been listed as something he likes. Maybe he finally got enough money he can sit on his butt and enjoy life.

Yeah but like here's what I'm thinking for his story.
    In his Alpha 3 ending, Birdie tried using Bison's Psycho Drive on himself and it nearly killed him. If it wasn't for Chun-Li and Charlie investigating the base and switching the machine off at that moment in time, he would've certainly died. So based on that, maybe that instilled some sort of mortal terror inside Birdie's heart and now he's depressed and uses binge eating as a coping mechanism?

If that is indeed where they're going with it, poor Birdie. :(

I'd like a story like that, it'd make him a much more sympathetic character.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

• DaikuzaDaikuza Joined: Posts: 143
    Dat damage!
    ۞ Sokoku No Tame Ni! ۞
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,121
    Daikuza wrote: »
    Dat damage!

Calling it now. That is WAY too much. That is so much damage. Neither of both of those combos even need meter.
    Okay, it's high, but it's not that high considering the following:

a) Corner only. Birdie is not a character that has any tools to put you in the corner outside of walking forward.
    b) Requires V-Trigger. The headbutt move only gets double hits in V-Trigger. Birdie's V-Trigger activation is the slowest in the game right now. You see him activate? Don't be in the corner.
    c) Requires Critical Art.
    d) Looks like it either needs a jump-in or point-blank punish.

A case can be made for toning down Birdie's Critical Art damage perhaps, but this specific scenario is not something that's going to happen very often at all. Frankly, if you get hit by this, you kind of deserve it.

• Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,121
    mowr wrote: »
    Okay, it's high, but it's not that high considering the following:

a) Corner only. Birdie is not a character that has any tools to put you in the corner outside of walking forward.
    b) Requires V-Trigger. The headbutt move only gets double hits in V-Trigger. Birdie's V-Trigger activation is the slowest in the game right now. You see him activate? Don't be in the corner.
    c) Requires Critical Art.
    d) Looks like it either needs a jump-in or point-blank punish.

A case can be made for toning down Birdie's Critical Art damage perhaps, but this specific scenario is not something that's going to happen very often at all. Frankly, if you get hit by this, you kind of deserve it.

Fair points. Frankly, I hadn't noticed he was in v-tigger. We'll see reliable these combos are as the game develops, however do note that his jumping fierce has a huge downwards extending hitbox and his v-tigger gives makes his qcf move isnanely good for corner carry. But again, we'll see. His critical art itself does look like a bit too much, specially from something that can be easily confirmed off a jab.
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Been practicing with him for a few minutes, his damage is ridiculous. Counterhit f.HP, HP headbutt xx CA does 730 damage while in VT, seems very worthwhile to go for after a hard knockdown since people like to press buttons, and if you are late it will blow right through their attack anyway thanks to armor. Seems like if you don't have meter to go combo into super, and want to combo off of jabs, EX chain is the way to go because it gives the best frame advantage, and after a dash you are in range or command grab mixups if they don't back roll.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • gilleygilley 3D Aminator Joined: Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    After like 4 hours of trying to log into the beta I finally got in. They nerfed the range on Birdies s.mk by a ton! It had longer range than c.mk before, now it has less.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain
  • metrokardmetrokard Joined: Posts: 1,301
    edited July 2015
    what buttons are special cancelable?"