KI coming to Windows 10 w/XB1 Crossplay. Season 3 starts March 2016

DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo systemJoined: Posts: 57,363 mod
edited August 2015 in Killer Instinct
Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Comments

• MaxmanMaxman Joined: Posts: 1,824
    Holy amazed-girl-25151654.jpg

This will sure help the KI community grow in numbers ,
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 341
    If windows 10 is anything like 8, I'm not sure I want to infect my PC with it just to play KI.
  • renzenrenzen steam: jigawatt Joined: Posts: 162
    traxus wrote: »
    If windows 10 is anything like 8, I'm not sure I want to infect my PC with it just to play KI.

I hear you man, I wasn't planning on doing jack shit with 10. But for me KI is a lifelong big deal so their strat wins, I'm gonna have to put that stuff on my sacred, holy grail, rock solid Win 7 rig. so nervous...
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,339
    About damn time, really.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • LordGlyphLordGlyph Joined: Posts: 64
    I cannot wait til this happens. I just curious about stick support outside of native support for 360 & XB1 sticks. Currently my PS4/PS3 TE2 works for other fighting games on PC, so I wonder if I'll be able to use it for KI
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    I was planning to get an Xbox One only for this game, but after I heard this great news, I'm glad; I don't need an Xbox One, I'll just get myself a gaming PC.
    If Killer Instinct 1 and 2 will also be released on PC, I'll be happy.

I'm about to jump into PC gaming, which gaming PC can perform as good as (or better than) PS4 and XB1 with an affordable price?
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    hey,if my qanba sticks works with it then im down.no way i was gonna buy a one for it.but this is acceptable
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• TheRealHalfBloodPrinceTheRealHalfBloodPrince Joined: Posts: 77
    This looks promising. I didn't want to commit one getting the xbox one for one game anyways.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,851
    Yep, once the specs are out, I can more or less confirm I'll be playing.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    Street fighter 5
    tekken 7
    mortal kombat x

Killer instinct needs as many platforms as possible. This was inevitable, predictable and basically a dead end if not ported to windows or playstation.
    I'm starting to think street fighter 5 is the only reason this happened tbh.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,363 mod
    edited June 2015
    People have been pushing for a PC port for a long time. The main reason is because PC is the only other platform KI had a chance of hitting as the IP is owned by Microsoft. Which means there's zero chance for it to ever hit Sony or Nintendo so the next best thing is to make sure it's at least accessible to anyone who has a decent PC which is way more people than who own Xbones.

As owning the IP, PC is the only other platform this game will get on. It's like Nintendo and Smash or Sony and Uncharted. It's not going to anything that they can't give the rights to so this is the best that can be done to make it accessible to a much wider audience.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,348
    I'm glad it's getting a PC release. Looks really fun.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    I was planning to get an Xbox One only for this game, but after I heard this great news, I'm glad; I don't need an Xbox One, I'll just get myself a gaming PC.

I'm about to jump into PC gaming, which gaming PC can perform as good as (or better than) PS4 and XB1 with an affordable price?

KI 1 and 2 should come along too, as they're included with the Ultra versions of each season, and they've stated any DLC will carry over.

Zwei wrote: »
    hey,if my qanba sticks works with it then im down.no way i was gonna buy a one for it.but this is acceptable

Any fight sticks that work with PC, should work with KI on PC, so I don't see any issues.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • TacticalLampTacticalLamp Joined: Posts: 58
    I am so amazingly hype about this. It was hinted at so long ago
  • KyouyaKyouya SSF2T Joined: Posts: 173
    I am so amazingly hype about this. It was hinted at so long ago

Me too, i don't own a xbox one and i have no plans in getting one and since ST and 3S i didn't like the new fighting games until KI3, i just hope this game meets my expectations.
    Strike First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,571
    SoVi3t wrote: »

KI 1 and 2 should come along too, as they're included with the Ultra versions of each season, and they've stated any DLC will carry over.

Zwei wrote: »

Any fight sticks that work with PC, should work with KI on PC, so I don't see any issues.

The port KI1 and 2 should have the netcode of the main game.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • TacticalLampTacticalLamp Joined: Posts: 58
    Kyouya wrote: »

Me too, i don't own a xbox one and i have no plans in getting one and since ST and 3S i didn't like the new fighting games until KI3, i just hope this game meets my expectations.

It will. I bought an XB1 purely for KI and it was worth every penny. Now I can play it on everything I own and against friends who don't have an XB1.
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    edited June 2015
    I hope the PC version of Killer Instinct will not be a disaster at launch, remember Mortal Kombat X anyone?

EDIT: And look at Batman Arkham Knight...wow...
    I hope the PC version of Killer Instinct will not be a disaster at launch, remember Mortal Kombat X anyone?

EDIT: And look at Batman Arkham Knight...wow...

Luckily they're not outsourcing the port to another company or anything like that. Iron Galaxy is also working on the PC port so it should hopefully be one and one with the Xbox One version.

Shit

what happened to Arkham Knight ,

PC Port acting really sketchy. Not sure if that was a 3rd party making the port, but yeah everyone's complaining that it's really messing up ATM.

What a twist

• AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    What a twist

hqdefault.jpg
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 748
    Assuming the PC port comes out in 2016, do you guys think it will revive the game or does it need a season 3 with new characters to stay relevant?

C-Sword wrote: »
    Assuming the PC port comes out in 2016, do you guys think it will revive the game or does it need a season 3 with new characters to stay relevant?

I think it will expand the player base even more and coupled with Season 3, well what am I doing here, lel
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,000 mod
    C-Sword wrote: »
    Hard to say. It's biggest problem is that it is coming up against the juggernaut that is Street Fighter V (made even harder by the fact that response to V has been pretty positive, with the game seemingly addressing the problems IV had). The other issue is the fact that PS4 is widely becoming the standard for competitive fighting games this gen. Most new games are being played on it (even MKX is played on PS4 save for on the ESL online league) and it's looking to have a larger library of fighters, on top of a larger install base. So in a way, it's still somewhat going to have to deal with the whole XBox One deal, especially for TOs who never picked it up (or in the case of some, dropped the console).
  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    I think it will find an audience since it is ftp. You get one character right..Jago? I think everyone will try it out at least, then some will buy more characters. Speaking of which, there are probably a lot right now. So will there be any package deal to get all the characters?

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,571
    blufang wrote: »
    I think it will find an audience since it is ftp. You get one character right..Jago? I think everyone will try it out at least, then some will buy more characters. Speaking of which, there are probably a lot right now. So will there be any package deal to get all the characters?

The free character rotates every two weeks IIRC.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited June 2015
    40 bucks gets you all the characters that are out right now other than Shadow Jago (buy the Season 1 and Season 2 Combo Breaker packages at 19.99 each). He was a special promotion character that they may resell later. I'm sure once its on Windows 10 they'll regularly have sales for the complete edition that gives you all the retro outfits, accessories and Classic KI/2.

• C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 748
    Actually, the Shadow Jago that we had was just a skin for regular Jago and did not have the special moves of the hidden boss. He's going to be re-released later this year with his own move set.

• TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,709
    yo.
    this is legit.

KI has looked super fun to me since release.
    maybe i'm insane but the combo/combobreaker system makes me think a little 3S.
    Play more.
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,428
    So, there's no word on when the port actually comes out?

I really want to try this game out. Looks like a game that allows for a lot of playstyles with a cast that diverse, and the combo breaker system allows for some cool interactions. Currently planning on playing Fulgore and shout TIGER whenever I throw a projectile. =V
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,897
    Oh wow I never expect MS would allow KI to move to PC.
    I wonder if a PC port would keep this ship from sinking.

With no excuse not having a system to play the new KI on I wonder if it be worth my time to download.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist