KI coming to Windows 10 w/XB1 Crossplay. Season 3 starts March 2016

Comments

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,606
    Do I seriously need windows 10 to run KI?
    If so then it's the same problem I had with it being Xbox One exclusive.
    No fucking way am I gonna get windows 10 early.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 2,990
    Do I seriously need windows 10 to run KI?
    If so then it's the same problem I had with it being Xbox One exclusive.
    No fucking way am I gonna get windows 10 early.
    "We want people to get Windows 10. Therefore we give away Killer Instict for free if you get it. Also we will give Solitaire ads that you can pay to get rid of*, because fuck casual gamers and grandparents, go hardcores."

If Microsoft Marketing had said this openly, I would get Win10 on the spot and ignore the fact that they're just stupid / greedy.

* I'm not kidding, they actually did that.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,089 mod
    Season 3 coming to PC and XB1 in March.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,203
    Reading this now boggles my mind - so was the story that Microsoft didn't allow Capcom's SF5 to have cross-play bullshit all along?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ive never heard that story ever

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    edited August 2015
    Reading this now boggles my mind - so was the story that Microsoft didn't allow Capcom's SF5 to have cross-play bullshit all along?

Who knows, I doubt MS would have any issues with crossplay based on their plans for Windows 10 and X1 games, maybe Capcom was pushing for PS4/PC/X1 crossplay, which would never happen.

More likely Capcom was broke and approached Sony first, and it was mutually beneficial for both: Capcom gets to make SFV and Sony instantly pulls the FGC over to their console on 1 game alone. Based on how crappy PS3/PSN was for Capcom games in general, smart move on their part, XBL is still better than PSN, Killer Instinct and SFV on X1...and now the potential of BC fighting games, that woulda been rough on Sony in the FG market.
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • renzenrenzen steam: jigawatt Joined: Posts: 162
    The only issue from there is that things would get rather expensive for a PC player that uses arcade stick as they'd have to get their stick modded for Xbone. Which means they might as well get it modded for PS4 since SFV and other PS4 fighting game are surely coming. A pad using PC player can just buy an Xbone or PS4 controller and should be good tho. They are definitely not going to be running the PC version of the game at tournaments so that issue would have to be overcome.

Hori just made it a little easier with an official X1/PC stick, so now there are like... 2 sticks that should work with the X1? But there is still the PS4 problem. I've been stuck over the last few weeks wishing there was a universal stick I could main at home on PC but still use at tournaments if I wanted to go. mkx and sfv on ps4 and ki on x1 and me on pc is just an unholy combination.
    Regional/Major turnout is really good at some tournaments and flaky at others. It usually tends to depend on whether or not there's a pot bonus and how long ago the last big major was. Combo Breaker had 10,000 dollar pot bonus and got like over 100 people to sign up.

Nothing beats that hometown push in Iron Galaxy and Netherrealm's backyard, lol. probably the only location where MKX numbers will rival Street Fighter's numbers.
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    d3v wrote: »
    Season 3 coming to PC and XB1 in March.

I'm curious if this means the PC version in general isn;t out until March, or if they will release season one and two first.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780

This is so freaking cool, lol!
    Rash looks crazy and so much nostalgia flowing in this video.

I'm totally done for KI on PC, which I will buy. BUT I have to be completely honest 95% of my time will be on SF5.
    I wish this game was coming out sooner for PC. I guess I understand that PS guys will have SF5 and Xone guys will have KI, PC dudes will just have to choose what they want to play.
    I'd like to know how much the game is going to cost too.
    I mean KI is free but you buy individual characters for $5
    Combo break pack was $20 for 8 characters right?
    Think they'll release a full game season 1 and 2 for $60 on PC?
    I personally want all the characters and would want all season 3 as well. Just want the developers to grant some clarification on all this.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    edited August 2015
    Probably do a some kind of Windows 10 bundle pack, the complete Ultra version has been around $50 last few sales on XBL, which includes everyone except Shago, all costume stuff and KI 1 and 2 arcade versions

Combo Breaker packs are $20 a piece so $40 all in that way
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    Okay that makes me feel pretty good.
    $50 is a really solid deal for S1 and 2 plus alt outfits, dang!

I did want to mention the speaker lady said they were making sure all fight sticks/controllers were going to function. So good news my 360 stick will work. I was certain it would because PCs recognize them but with the Win10 update ya never know. PCs are weird are like that...can't trust Skynet.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    They will price it at whatever it sells for on XB1, considering anything you buy crosses platform.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,636
    Please PC release ASAP...
    :<
    Play more.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,131

naw its not bullshit. MS has a "no cross play policy" with other computer platforms and Sony. That is why none of the new Final Fantasy online games are on Xbox. Square enix wanted to but MS would not back down from its policy. MS treats the windows platform and Xbox as one now.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "It looks just like an NRS game. For a lot of you guys it seems denial is just a river in Africa" - Drunkards_Walk
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,636
    edited August 2015
    I remember when CCP was working on Dust 514 (which ended up being a mess) they said they wanted to have it on 360 and PS3 but Msoft was not keen on allowing them to patch as they needed. Sony was willing to modify their policy as CCP needed to allow them to handle the game properly. I'm assuming they also needed proper communication between the EVE servers and the Dust servers.

So I guess Sony is more willing to work out the specifics where as Microsoft isn't.

Microsoft actually did have cross platform previously with Shadowrun on GFWL. Great game, I played from release on 360.
    Play more.
    Rash's trailer is hinting at Kim Wu.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,438
    I'd be shocked if Kim Wu and/or Tusk aren't in the Season 3 reveal trailer whenever they start showing off the roster.
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 489
    "These cameos are killing me!" - Rash

LOL!
    What language does Thunder and Sadira both speak?
    What language does Thunder and Sadira both speak?

Thunder speaks Nez Percé or Niimiipuutímt (voiced by Ken Lobb so basically white guy speaking a native language)

Sadira speaks Thai (though I assume also voiced by someone US/English)

Bumping into an old thread, but here's a Kim Wu trailer in Ki '13.

edited January 2016
    There's a hint that the Arbiter from the Halo series would be in Killer Instinct Season 3.

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    Crowded chinatown marketplace, white semitruck crashing through in the background.... reminds me a lot of Big Trouble in Little China haha. Kim Wu may be the coolest character since Riptor
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • MrGangreneMrGangrene Joined: Posts: 45
    There's a hint that the Arbiter from the Halo series would be in Killer Instinct Season 3.

I think it was at the point where max and a developer were going over the combo assist system (I could be wrong though) but at that point the developer pretty much flatout said that Arbiter would be in the game.
    I believe it was in the context of 'the combo assist is great for new players which we will need when the halo crowd tries our game'.
    He didn't literally say halo crowd but something like 'group of people when we put the new guy in with the *does footstomp* and *swuuump*' pretty much re-enacting what the Arbiter did in the trailer.

So you can be pretty sure that Arbiter is going in :)
  • aszydaszyd Joined: Posts: 505
    Jocelot wrote: »
    Kim Wu may be the coolest character since Riptor

Nah, I'm all about that Rash. I know it's a cheesy cameo character, but his moveset is epic! I didn't follow KI up to this point, but after watching the Rash play during the KI Cup Season 3 announcement, it made me want to pick the game up.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,203
    Kim Wu looks like shit. Hopefully not a final model so they'll polish her up by the time Season 3 drops
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    With PC version coming, I'm now more hype for KI than I am for SFV. I wasn't expecting that. It kinda snuck up on me.

EDIT: Wait, it won't be on Steam?
  • UKTyrantUKTyrant Joined: Posts: 7
    I don't expect them to put it on Steam - or if they do it'll be more expensive than on the windows marketplace (to account for valve's cut)
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,954
    It's getting hard waiting for the PC version. More than likely it'll be over the Xbox Live thing on Windows 10? It already has ability to download and play Tomb Raider Rising over it I think.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    I want ultra combo rhythm mods. Nothing actually gameplay changing, just making ultras hit to a different beat.
    Kim looks she comes straight out of Tumblr.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,182
    I upgraded to Windows 10 for this.

Where's my KI PC? I'm waiting here 8 months!
    edited February 2016
    Did the developers revealed the system requirements for KI on PC or not yet?
    edited February 2016
    Did the developers revealed the system requirements for KI on PC or not yet?

They haven't, but the Xbox one's specs should be a help.

I hope you can turn off those fireball effects that look like a paint bucket exploded. That should help lower the load on the graphics card... and help me see what the fuck is going on.
    edited February 2016
    Okay, then what is Xbox One's specs?

EDIT: Never mind. I look it up and I think my PC will run KI pretty good.
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    edited February 2016
    not feeling the voice on kim.but hey atleast she looks asain now
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• ascensionXascensionX Joined: Posts: 404
    I'll be sure to get it
    Support the Ascension X Project https://facebook.com/AscensionX2013 and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/chrissanders3
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,954
    Hm, I think the requirements to run KI on PC might be a bit higher than what the Xbone can run, seeing as they had to optimize the shit out of the game to have it run on that machine.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    Well they said that Kim Wu at KICup was unfinished version....TJ looked a bit funky on his debut too and he turned out okay.
    Hm, I think the requirements to run KI on PC might be a bit higher than what the Xbone can run, seeing as they had to optimize the shit out of the game to have it run on that machine.

They should be the same, but more options available to the PC version as far as resolution goes. Season 3 is supposed to be getting a visual overhaul in dynamic lighting and a few other upgrades, for XBox One as well as PC. Kim Wu's trailer didn't have all the new tech up and running
    The X1 has no problems running the game, there's aspects of the Hex engine Double Helix used that Iron Galaxy can't change though
    edited February 2016
    Is my PC specs better than Xbox One or as good as Xbox One? I just want to make sure before I get Killer Instinct.

Intel Core i7-4790K
    GeFore GTX 970
    16GB RAM
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 5,333
    Does chief thunder suck in KI? :(
    Does chief thunder suck in KI? :(

I doubt he sucks.
    Those specs definitely give you something more powerful than an Xbox One. My rig is 8GB RAM and 960 GTX and still basically more powerful.

Thunder is pretty good. He has a few struggle matchups, but his DP, instinct and call of the earth special allow him to do better vs zoners than grapplers in other fighting games. He's honestly one of the best designed command grab characters I've seen in a fighter as far as just overall ability to compete. His DP is a bit derpy for a grappler type, but I guess it works in a game with combo breakers.

Thunder getting some movement stuff to help out in S3 too, he's got two sort of dive kicks to get around fireballs. They took away his multi dp nonsense, but he does have an invul LP one now. He got damage nerfs to his stuff, but he's gonna have some scary setups with flip out mechanic and call of earth buffs

You gonna play S3 DevilJin 01? Looks great so far
    edited February 2016
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    Thunder getting some movement stuff to help out in S3 too, he's got two sort of dive kicks to get around fireballs. They took away his multi dp nonsense, but he does have an invul LP one now. He got damage nerfs to his stuff, but he's gonna have some scary setups with flip out mechanic and call of earth buffs

You gonna play S3 DevilJin 01? Looks great so far

Nah. I unfortunately burned myself out of KI and there's some specific changes to the game that I wasn't really a fan of. Plus the month to month patches that felt egregious. KI was literally the only video game I played for 2 years so overall I have no drive to play it anymore. Really like where SFV is going and it's coming out before Season 3 hits so I know I won't be touching KI in a serious manner anytime soon. Kim Wu was my favorite KI2 character so I'll definitely be messing around with her in training mode, but don't see myself actually playing it competitively in any way.

Think I'll just be doing SFV and playing older SF games on Fightcade. Maybe hit a few buttons in Xrd. Good luck to all of those playing Season 3 KI though. It's a really fun game and I'm glad I bought an Xbox One just to play it. I feel it paved a path to push good netcode for other fighting games now that SFV and MKX are both running rollback as well. Have fun.

• drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,283
    edited February 2016
    *Yawn* another guest character. Guest characters are so dumb, why are they taking a page from the MK book? I'm quickly losing interest in this game. I know it is probably for the best because the balance for S2 was questionable, but I find it kind of stupid that some people are essentially going to have to learn an entirely new character for S3, especially if said people play Spinal or Maya. Unless they release a really dope new character or one of the return characters looks cool I'll probably just focus my time solely on Revelator and SF5. It's a shame because I think this game is awesome, but I'm not sure even they know which direction they want to go in. With that being said, I do think S3 looks to be more of a step in the right direction than S2
    Opinions are like bedsheets: you only change them if it helps you get laid.
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    Question,Srk is the place for SF like TYM is for MK,and dustloop is for anime/air dashing fighters,is there a Optimal place for KI or is it just where ever?
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• MrGangreneMrGangrene Joined: Posts: 45
    Zwei wrote: »
    Question,Srk is the place for SF like TYM is for MK,and dustloop is for anime/air dashing fighters,is there a Optimal place for KI or is it just where ever?

http://forums.ultra-combo.com

Although those forums aren't the most active ones it's the only place I know of and I actually play KI :|
    Arbiter Trailer and Tusk Teaser

Alright! Killer Instinct's roster is complete to me. It has all playable characters from KI1 and KI2 and I'm happy.
    Oh! Only a few days until March, I can't wait for the official release date!
    Hell, I can't wait to finally play Killer Instinct!

XD