13»

Comments

• iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 490
    Killer Instinct Season 3 release date:
    March 29, 2016
  • MrGangreneMrGangrene Joined: Posts: 45
    JYM6Vwi.jpg
    Oh thank God, I got better PC specs than what's recommended.
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 319
    I was pretty hyped last year about the announcement but the windows store thing is really turning me off here. I'll just wait and see how the port is gonna be and what the status is about the whole universal app issue.
    MMo1pOH.jpg

This seems rather important since they always said xbox one fight sticks would work with KI on PC.
    Currently there's an issue with the drivers where buttons L2 & R2 don't work on PC.
    That issue has been around since the xbox one launched pretty much and has never been fixed despite countless of complaints.

And now the KI Devs are entrusting this task to Microsoft.
    Something worth noting if you ask me :|
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,297
    Will my Hori Kai RAP4 work with the pc version?
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    Killer Instinct Season 3 Prices for Xbox One and Windows 10
    24_kiprice01.png
    24_kiprice02.png
  • OilyKoryukenOilyKoryuken Joined: Posts: 564
    that $50 deal for everything on PC is bangin'. If I had to make a choice between KI and SF right now, it'd be KI
    Streaming Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Marvel: Avengers Academy, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Fire Emblem Heroes: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/GeminiAvery/live.

The critics are in:
    "Fucked my bitch while watching your stream. Keep up the good work!"
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 122
    Yeah, I'm hyped for KI. After watching some tournaments i'm surprised this game isn't more popular than it is. Many chars i want to main.
    Phinx wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm hyped for KI. After watching some tournaments i'm surprised this game isn't more popular than it is. Many chars i want to main.

KI cup was super hype...glad max said somethign about it
    Streaming Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Marvel: Avengers Academy, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Fire Emblem Heroes: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/GeminiAvery/live.

The critics are in:
    The moment of HYPE is coming soon! Let's Go! XD
    I hope to God that the PC version is not ruined.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Me too. Getting this because I was never buying a xbox one just for this. My processor is the same as the minimum requirements and my video card is ATI 1GB 6850 with 16GB memory. Wondering if I'll need a good upgrade to get good 1080p/60fps on this.

I actually have the xbox one season 1 disk copy with the TJ Combo code never used as well. Just wanted a disk copy of the game. Is there a way to use that so the pc version is cheaper for me? So I just have to buy season 2 & 3?
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 122
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Me too. Getting this because I was never buying a xbox one just for this. My processor is the same as the minimum requirements and my video card is ATI 1GB 6850 with 16GB memory. Wondering if I'll need a good upgrade to get good 1080p/60fps on this.

I actually have the xbox one season 1 disk copy with the TJ Combo code never used as well. Just wanted a disk copy of the game. Is there a way to use that so the pc version is cheaper for me? So I just have to buy season 2 & 3?

The game is cross-buy. So whatever you own on Xbox1 will work on pc. Although i'm not sure how it'll work with a physical disk. (Is their a cd key?) Might a good idea to ask xbox support.
    DOWNLOADING NOW!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!

The critics are in:
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,745

Still not showing up for me as available.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited March 2016

Still not showing up for me as available.

are u on windows 10? press your windows key and search killer instinct.

I don't see it in the web-based microsoft store. You have to go to your computer's (not sure how to say this). Here's some pics. tumblr_inline_o4t4bdA86A1rtgiuz_540.png
    tumblr_inline_o4t4ayfNhy1rtgiuz_540.png
    tumblr_inline_o4t4appSKT1rtgiuz_540.png

The critics are in:
    21.7GB this shit is huge. Never thought the download would be this much.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,096
    ...So i downloaded it. And tried it out a lil bit along with Performance test beforehand.

...MY COMPUTER IS TOO FUCKING BEASTLY.
    THE GAME RUNS TOOOOO FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!

Never thought I'd be trying to look for help on HOW TO SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN!!!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,745
    So I downloaded it, and it's not honoring that I bought the Ultra Edition pack for Xbox One for whatever reason, thus the only character I have available is Sabrewulf.

What do I do?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    ...So i downloaded it. And tried it out a lil bit along with Performance test beforehand.

its a bug, someone said something about nvidia
    So I downloaded it, and it's not honoring that I bought the Ultra Edition pack for Xbox One for whatever reason, thus the only character I have available is Sabrewulf.

What do I do?

make sure you're on the same account

BTW I've started streaming KI now that its on PC. If anyone's interested in watching a noob level up :)

The critics are in:
    edited March 2016
    Also can report my logitech pc usb controller doesn't work with this. It's funny that 640x360 is a actual choice for resolution too. Guess I'll have to use joy2key for now till I get a stick.

Edit: Joy2key fixed the controller problem perfect. Just to let people know.
    Post edited by Tien Gouki on
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,096
    I found the Nvidia fix for those who had same issue as me in TOO FUCKING FAST.

Download and run this shit:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Run NvidiaProfileInspector file, look for dropdown list of too many games (or just search) Killer Instinct, look for a line that says Frame Rate Limiter and if you see the words/option that says 'off' click it and change it to 60.
    Now we gookin. I mean cookin.
    ...fucking fat fingers.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN

What do I do?

BTW I've started streaming KI now that its on PC. If anyone's interested in watching a noob level up :)

I only have the one XBL account and its the account I used for my credentials in Windows 8/10.
  • UtilityKeysUtilityKeys Silver Scrub Joined: Posts: 176
    For anyone looking to get a non-360 controller working for Killer Instinct, you can use XOutput. There's a tutorial here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killerinstinct/comments/4ciyx5/steps_to_getting_xoutput_to_work_with_ki_pc/

Should probably work with Street Fighter V as well.
    Links and Usernames: Steam | Fightcade | CFN/XBL: UtilityKeys
    Currently playing Street Fighter V and Killer Instinct on PC, on break from Super Turbo & 3rd Strike.
    'doukens in asses

What do I do?

I only have the one XBL account and its the account I used for my credentials in Windows 8/10.

I don't know what to tell you, i'm not familiar with xbox one but just make sure you have same account contact support and log into your xbox one, those are common things ive heard

The critics are in:
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    I went ahead and downloaded Killer Instinct yesterday.
    My computer is a beast and it runs disgustingly beautiful.
    When I need a break from SFV, I'll give KI a go.
    Right now the free character I have is Saberwolf, which is great for me because he's always been my favorite.
    But will the rotate a new free character next month or is it always wolfy?
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    Rayartz wrote: »
    I went ahead and downloaded Killer Instinct yesterday.
    My computer is a beast and it runs disgustingly beautiful.
    When I need a break from SFV, I'll give KI a go.
    Right now the free character I have is Saberwolf, which is great for me because he's always been my favorite.
    But will the rotate a new free character next month or is it always wolfy?

its up to the devs but week-2week

The critics are in:
  • Grand_Sage_MosesGrand_Sage_Moses Joined: Posts: 163
    I'm not able to download it. It says I need to check for the latest upgrades and I did that but it's still not working. Anybody else have this issue?
  • Grand_Sage_MosesGrand_Sage_Moses Joined: Posts: 163
    I was able to fix the issue by following some of the directions here. https://www.reddit.com/r/killerinstinct/comments/4cfu9q/psa_if_you_cant_download_on_pc_sign_out_of_the/
  • UnheardOfUnheardOf Joined: Posts: 25
    edited April 2016
    For anyone looking to get a non-360 controller working for Killer Instinct, you can use XOutput. There's a tutorial here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killerinstinct/comments/4ciyx5/steps_to_getting_xoutput_to_work_with_ki_pc/

Should probably work with Street Fighter V as well.

Just as an alternative solution to anyone reading and still having trouble binding keys with their non-360 stick... you can navigate menus just fine in KI using Joy2Key and multiple key binds. Just as an example, this config works very well for KI using a Hori VLX (it may also work well for other 8 button fight sticks but unsure).

Close Joy2Key and create a cfg file with the following (this is a Hori VLX config):
    [General]
    FileVersion=57
    NumberOfJoysticks=2
    NumberOfButtons=32
    DisplayMode=2
    UseDiagonalInput=0
    UsePOV8Way=0
    Threshold=20
    Threshold2=20
    KeySendMode=0
    SoundFile=
    ImageFile=

[Joystick 1]
    POV1-1=1, 57:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    POV1-3=1, 44:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    POV1-5=1, 53:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    POV1-7=1, 41:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button01=1, 55:51:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button02=1, 4A:0D:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button03=1, 4B:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button04=1, 49:45:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button05=1, 50:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button06=1, 4F:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button07=1, BA:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button08=1, 4C:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button09=1, 1B:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button10=1, 20:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Button11=1, 09:00:00:00, 0.000, 0, 0
    Post edited by UnheardOf on
    Just to confirm how to unlocks work? Like Classic Orchid, Jago, etc. I got Season 1 & 2 and trying to figure it out. I've googled around with not much luck.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,781

There might be a problem here. Do you live in Germany, by any chance? I've done some Googling, and from what I can see the Supreme Edition is not available there. The only reason I've seen for this is that the XB1 version contains Killer Instinct 1, which was never released in Germany due to violent content (No Mercy finishers, to be precise).

EDIT: just remembered that this is the SFV General and we probably shouldn't be turning it into the KI General. Maybe this thread would be a better place to continue talking about it: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/197593/ki-coming-to-windows-10-w-xb1-crossplay-season-3-starts-march-2016#latest

Ah, right. Yea I live in Germany. Now I know why it's not there. That's too bad.
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal

SFV: Laura, R. Mika, Chun-Li
    GG Rev2: Baiken, Jack-O
    T7: Katarina, Master Raven
    BB CF: Nine
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,297
    What's with all the tea-baggers? The community seems very childish.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,136
    It's Xbox.....
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 PRAISED BEEF Joined: Posts: 54,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Welcome to Killer Instinct. Enjoy the refreshing taste of balls in your mouth.

ANIME IS DA WAY.  Anime EVO Takeover 2018.  No more CAPCPOM!  There will be oki and there will be setplay

This game is so much fun but the way people play this online makes me want to vomit...

Yolo breaks on frame 1 and vortexing until the end of days.
    Riptor, Rash and Shago players make me particularly sick since all they do is vortex and yolo until the match is over.

Earlier today I hit a guy with a normal poke and instantly pressed counter-break just to see if it would actually work... and it did...
    *sigh*

I really wish you could only get 1 break during a combo (not including resets ofc).
    Then at least they'd have to try to break on reaction or eat a full 50% combo
    Have they ever fixed the connection issues with online play? I could never get matches at all.
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN Fighting Game Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,111
    edited June 2016
    After playing nearly 20k matches online, I can say that a lot of the players there aren't exactly worth the time. You're better off playing with someone on your friend list, or just attend a local scene that supports KI instead (if you have a scene, that is).

And it's possible to get a one chance break combo, just don't extend that combo to the point that your opponent can attempt a second Combo Breaker.

@Missing Person I'm assuming that you couldn't find matches in Lobby mode, right? Yeah, I'm on the XB1 version and I can say that it is very difficult on getting players to join my lobby, but have no trouble joining other's.
    - Blog: https://actnblog.wordpress.com/
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/actnyuri

===============

"Another victory, yes, but... there is always another battle." — Arbiter
    No, I mean Win10 was having errors with matchmaking at all.
  • Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN Fighting Game Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,111
    No, I mean Win10 was having errors with matchmaking at all.

Oh. When was the last time you've played? There has been some general fixes here and there, though I'm not certain if it pertained to the PC version.
    - Blog: https://actnblog.wordpress.com/
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/actnyuri

===============

"Another victory, yes, but... there is always another battle." — Arbiter
13»