KI coming to Windows 10 w/XB1 Crossplay. Season 3 starts March 2016

Comments

• Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want ultra combo rhythm mods. Nothing actually gameplay changing, just making ultras hit to a different beat.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,998 mod
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,199
    I upgraded to Windows 10 for this.

Where's my KI PC? I'm waiting here 8 months!
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    edited February 2016
    Did the developers revealed the system requirements for KI on PC or not yet?
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    Did the developers revealed the system requirements for KI on PC or not yet?

They haven't, but the Xbox one's specs should be a help.

I hope you can turn off those fireball effects that look like a paint bucket exploded. That should help lower the load on the graphics card... and help me see what the fuck is going on.
    edited February 2016
    Okay, then what is Xbox One's specs?

EDIT: Never mind. I look it up and I think my PC will run KI pretty good.
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    edited February 2016
    not feeling the voice on kim.but hey atleast she looks asain now
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• ascensionXascensionX Joined: Posts: 404
    I'll be sure to get it
    Support the Ascension X Project https://facebook.com/AscensionX2013 and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/chrissanders3
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,339
    Hm, I think the requirements to run KI on PC might be a bit higher than what the Xbone can run, seeing as they had to optimize the shit out of the game to have it run on that machine.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Well they said that Kim Wu at KICup was unfinished version....TJ looked a bit funky on his debut too and he turned out okay.
    Hm, I think the requirements to run KI on PC might be a bit higher than what the Xbone can run, seeing as they had to optimize the shit out of the game to have it run on that machine.

They should be the same, but more options available to the PC version as far as resolution goes. Season 3 is supposed to be getting a visual overhaul in dynamic lighting and a few other upgrades, for XBox One as well as PC. Kim Wu's trailer didn't have all the new tech up and running
    The X1 has no problems running the game, there's aspects of the Hex engine Double Helix used that Iron Galaxy can't change though
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
    edited February 2016
    Is my PC specs better than Xbox One or as good as Xbox One? I just want to make sure before I get Killer Instinct.

Intel Core i7-4790K
    GeFore GTX 970
    16GB RAM
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,894
    Does chief thunder suck in KI? :(
    Does chief thunder suck in KI? :(

I doubt he sucks.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,362 mod
    Those specs definitely give you something more powerful than an Xbox One. My rig is 8GB RAM and 960 GTX and still basically more powerful.

Thunder is pretty good. He has a few struggle matchups, but his DP, instinct and call of the earth special allow him to do better vs zoners than grapplers in other fighting games. He's honestly one of the best designed command grab characters I've seen in a fighter as far as just overall ability to compete. His DP is a bit derpy for a grappler type, but I guess it works in a game with combo breakers.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    Thunder getting some movement stuff to help out in S3 too, he's got two sort of dive kicks to get around fireballs. They took away his multi dp nonsense, but he does have an invul LP one now. He got damage nerfs to his stuff, but he's gonna have some scary setups with flip out mechanic and call of earth buffs

You gonna play S3 DevilJin 01? Looks great so far
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,362 mod
    edited February 2016
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    Thunder getting some movement stuff to help out in S3 too, he's got two sort of dive kicks to get around fireballs. They took away his multi dp nonsense, but he does have an invul LP one now. He got damage nerfs to his stuff, but he's gonna have some scary setups with flip out mechanic and call of earth buffs

You gonna play S3 DevilJin 01? Looks great so far

Nah. I unfortunately burned myself out of KI and there's some specific changes to the game that I wasn't really a fan of. Plus the month to month patches that felt egregious. KI was literally the only video game I played for 2 years so overall I have no drive to play it anymore. Really like where SFV is going and it's coming out before Season 3 hits so I know I won't be touching KI in a serious manner anytime soon. Kim Wu was my favorite KI2 character so I'll definitely be messing around with her in training mode, but don't see myself actually playing it competitively in any way.

Think I'll just be doing SFV and playing older SF games on Fightcade. Maybe hit a few buttons in Xrd. Good luck to all of those playing Season 3 KI though. It's a really fun game and I'm glad I bought an Xbox One just to play it. I feel it paved a path to push good netcode for other fighting games now that SFV and MKX are both running rollback as well. Have fun.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    edited February 2016
    *Yawn* another guest character. Guest characters are so dumb, why are they taking a page from the MK book? I'm quickly losing interest in this game. I know it is probably for the best because the balance for S2 was questionable, but I find it kind of stupid that some people are essentially going to have to learn an entirely new character for S3, especially if said people play Spinal or Maya. Unless they release a really dope new character or one of the return characters looks cool I'll probably just focus my time solely on Revelator and SF5. It's a shame because I think this game is awesome, but I'm not sure even they know which direction they want to go in. With that being said, I do think S3 looks to be more of a step in the right direction than S2
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    Question,Srk is the place for SF like TYM is for MK,and dustloop is for anime/air dashing fighters,is there a Optimal place for KI or is it just where ever?
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• MrGangreneMrGangrene Joined: Posts: 45
    Zwei wrote: »
    Question,Srk is the place for SF like TYM is for MK,and dustloop is for anime/air dashing fighters,is there a Optimal place for KI or is it just where ever?

http://forums.ultra-combo.com

Although those forums aren't the most active ones it's the only place I know of and I actually play KI :|
    Arbiter Trailer and Tusk Teaser

Alright! Killer Instinct's roster is complete to me. It has all playable characters from KI1 and KI2 and I'm happy.
    Oh! Only a few days until March, I can't wait for the official release date!
    Hell, I can't wait to finally play Killer Instinct!

XD
    Killer Instinct Season 3 release date:
    March 29, 2016
    JYM6Vwi.jpg
    Oh thank God, I got better PC specs than what's recommended.
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 336
    I was pretty hyped last year about the announcement but the windows store thing is really turning me off here. I'll just wait and see how the port is gonna be and what the status is about the whole universal app issue.
    MMo1pOH.jpg

This seems rather important since they always said xbox one fight sticks would work with KI on PC.
    Currently there's an issue with the drivers where buttons L2 & R2 don't work on PC.
    That issue has been around since the xbox one launched pretty much and has never been fixed despite countless of complaints.

And now the KI Devs are entrusting this task to Microsoft.
    Something worth noting if you ask me :|
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,329
    Will my Hori Kai RAP4 work with the pc version?
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    Killer Instinct Season 3 Prices for Xbox One and Windows 10
    24_kiprice01.png
    24_kiprice02.png
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 127
    Yeah, I'm hyped for KI. After watching some tournaments i'm surprised this game isn't more popular than it is. Many chars i want to main.
    The moment of HYPE is coming soon! Let's Go! XD
    I hope to God that the PC version is not ruined.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Me too. Getting this because I was never buying a xbox one just for this. My processor is the same as the minimum requirements and my video card is ATI 1GB 6850 with 16GB memory. Wondering if I'll need a good upgrade to get good 1080p/60fps on this.

I actually have the xbox one season 1 disk copy with the TJ Combo code never used as well. Just wanted a disk copy of the game. Is there a way to use that so the pc version is cheaper for me? So I just have to buy season 2 & 3?
  • PhinxPhinx Joined: Posts: 127
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Me too. Getting this because I was never buying a xbox one just for this. My processor is the same as the minimum requirements and my video card is ATI 1GB 6850 with 16GB memory. Wondering if I'll need a good upgrade to get good 1080p/60fps on this.

I actually have the xbox one season 1 disk copy with the TJ Combo code never used as well. Just wanted a disk copy of the game. Is there a way to use that so the pc version is cheaper for me? So I just have to buy season 2 & 3?

The game is cross-buy. So whatever you own on Xbox1 will work on pc. Although i'm not sure how it'll work with a physical disk. (Is their a cd key?) Might a good idea to ask xbox support.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,851
    DOWNLOADING NOW!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!

Still not showing up for me as available.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    21.7GB this shit is huge. Never thought the download would be this much.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,339
    ...So i downloaded it. And tried it out a lil bit along with Performance test beforehand.

...MY COMPUTER IS TOO FUCKING BEASTLY.
    THE GAME RUNS TOOOOO FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!

Never thought I'd be trying to look for help on HOW TO SLOW THIS SHIT DOWN!!!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,851
    So I downloaded it, and it's not honoring that I bought the Ultra Edition pack for Xbox One for whatever reason, thus the only character I have available is Sabrewulf.

What do I do?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk