Brook Converters Thread

jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfrazeJoined: Posts: 525
edited February 3 in Tech Talk
Hey Everyone,

Updating this post with all the confirmed working Controllers and PCBs that people have tested thus far from this discussion. If you would like to contribute please add your confirmed findings in the comments and I will update this post. Clearly state which model/color Brook adapter and the confirmed working controller manufacturer / model.

Manufacturers Website: http://www.brookaccessory.com/product/

My Reviews / Lag Test on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIZO5l6xAWmH7XnBbMn157GJR8uFEoPGh

Official Firmware Updates:
http://www.brookaccessory.com/download

*General Compatibility - Most Officially Licensed Products should work with these converters as they are required to follow exact specifications from Sony / MS.
Post edited by jonyfraze on
2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
custom cases & cabs • design • mods
www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,252
    No comment
    Never pay double the retail price
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 525
    Darksakul wrote: »
    No comment
    haha.. i know chances are slim theyll actually be any good but you never know until someone rips one open. i might actually pick one up to test or alteast test them out in store at VGNY since im local.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• danjohnny5danjohnny5 Joined: Posts: 144
    I am no expert on lag so all that i can say is that my TE, injustice stick, and qanba q1 all respond well on my xbone.

Not brave enough to open it up until i have another xbone fight stick solution. Lol

• TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    I might be interested in this just to use my logitech wheel on the xb1 for forza
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
  • nsdothacknsdothack Joined: Posts: 118
    Wow. This is like the second time I've seen some company create a Xbox One or PS4 converter that doesn't required a pass through method. If these guys are clearly cracking the security check inside of these controllers then where is the PS360+ killer that has everything in one PCB if the technology is available? I don't get it.
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 725
    I have the PS3/PS4 to Xbox One version, it's plug and play, works great, no lag. However, I'm a bit afraid that the weight of the converter + my controller are going to damage my USB port.

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,292
    You could use a hub to eliminate the strain.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
    Just found out they have a PS3 to PS4 model. However, I can't find any info on if it needs to be reset/re-authenticate every 8-10 mins. All I know is that you don't need a wired PS4 controller.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

• kev_the_bevkev_the_bev triumph. Joined: Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so, any input lag results?
    Just sold my xb1 modded TE gonna buy one of these and test it out..
    www.jonyfraze.com

• Letram ChiLetram Chi Only for Pro Joined: Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any news? Test input lag??
    Letram Chi - FighterChile
    Youtube.com/LetramChi
    https://www.facebook.com/FighterChile/
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 303
    http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=00049&snA=16542&tnum=1
    Here's a review on a Taiwanese forum. (Click on the the links to ciew pictures). The reviewer said no noticable lag. Works on every controller except original TE.
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
    edited August 2015
    I have those, one for PS3 to Xbox One and another for PS3 to PS4, they're great converters, no lag, no original controllers needed for verification and no authentication every 8 mins. I'd highly suggest you use those with USB extension cables though.

More info here

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ps3-pads-sticks-to-ps4.54692/

I should be getting another one they made this week, PS2 to PS4

• danjohnny5danjohnny5 Joined: Posts: 144
    I like the usb extension suggestion. My 360 to xbone converter works flawlessly but i was concerned about the usb port thing too
  • Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0Nobus3r1 ver. 2.0 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 4,684
    C-Sword wrote: »
    I have those, one for PS3 to Xbox One and another for PS3 to PS4, they're great converters, no lag, no original controllers needed for verification and no authentication every 8 mins. I'd highly suggest you use those with USB extension cables though.

More info here

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ps3-pads-sticks-to-ps4.54692/

I should be getting another one they made this week, PS2 to PS4

Where is the PS2 to PS4 one available from?
    My Sale Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137405/wts-pelican-ps2-to-ps3-lots-of-controllers/p1
    Current highlights include: Current and past gen controllers and misc. parts
    edited August 2015
    I got it directly from the manufacturer for review, I'm not sure if they're interested in selling them individually. If any of you is interested in buying in bulk for your local scene, pm me and I'll give you their contact info.

More info here

http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-ps2-to-ps4-controller-adapter.55157/

Hey guys. So I just sold one of my sticks to pay for some of these adapters. I'm a little torn on which one to get for xbox one though. Most of my sticks use a ps360+ PCB so I really don't know which one would respond better the 360->XboxOne or the PS3/PS4->XboxOne. My gut is telling me to use the latter due since the PS3 connection doesn't require any security but if you guys can provide some feedback it would help.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• richard713richard713 Joined: Posts: 4
    Any news of Xbox 360/ Xbox One to PS4 model? Thanks
    i just bought the ps3/ps4 to xbox one as well the ps3 -> ps4 adapters. ill try my best to test them out when they come in.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• ReapeR14ReapeR14 Joined: Posts: 4
    Has anyone used a PS4 TE2 with the PS3/4 to Xbox One converter? If so, how well does it work?
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I want to buy the Xbox 360/XB1 -> PS4 converter, but the website has none. Are there any other vendors?
    If they were to make a Super Nintendo to PS4 controller adapter, would you guys be interested in getting one? I might be able to make that happen.

Hey guys.. Reached out to akishop regarding the issue... They sent me a custom firmware that might solve the issue.. I will report as soon as I load the firmware and test it out..
    www.jonyfraze.com

• DirrtyPopDirrtyPop Joined: Posts: 184
    If they were to make a Super Nintendo to PS4 controller adapter, would you guys be interested in getting one? I might be able to make that happen.

Yes man def
    edited August 2015
    Bad news.... Tried the custom firmware which defaults the ps360+ to PS3 mode on startup.. Same thing no handshake to the device. Keep in mind this firmware is designed to default to PS3 / PC mode on Windows due to the 360 driver sometimes becoming the default. I have a spare CTHULU board laying around - gonna test it with that and possible swap PCBs in my cab..
    Post edited by jonyfraze on
    www.jonyfraze.com

• SpoonzSpoonz Trinigamer Joined: Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just ordered mine. Has anyone tried it with the Zero Delay encoder?
    Don't fight for victory, fight to improve yourself. Victory will follow
  • gnsgns Joined: Posts: 207
    I want to buy the Xbox 360/XB1 -> PS4 converter, but the website has none. Are there any other vendors?
    Bought a ps3 to ps4 from an eBay seller (the site in NY doesn't ship to Canada).
    Just asked if they are going to stock xb360/xb1 to ps4 converter. And they might in the future.
  • DeadlywolfDeadlywolf Joined: Posts: 86
    edited August 2015
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Deadlywolf wrote: »

The Makestick Pro uses a proprietary PCB made by manufacturer IST Design so it's possible but don't count on it.

The Makestick Pro uses a proprietary PCB made by manufacturer IST Design so it's possible but don't count on it.

I tried it with my CronusMax. It doesn't work without xInput which is a no go for me.
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Bad news.... Tried the custom firmware which defaults the ps360+ to PS3 mode on startup.. Same thing no handshake to the device. Keep in mind this firmware is designed to default to PS3 / PC mode on Windows due to the 360 driver sometimes becoming the default. I have a spare CTHLU board laying around - gonna test it with that and possible swap PCBs in my cab..

Since that converter can't use Xinput, try the PS4 forced mode maybe?

Are you allowed to plug in your downstream controller after the thing connects with the system? Might be a power up issue or something.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    edited August 2015
    @Phreakazoid hey Clayton, I'll try the ps4 mode tonight. I've tried plugging in the ps360+ with the device as well as after the device is connected. Also tried different cable lengths etc. The ps360+ doesn't acknowledge the device as a console. It seems like a power issue the way the controller LEDs just light up for a sec..
    www.jonyfraze.com

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    DirrtyPop wrote: »

Yes man def

Slightly off topic:

These seem very highly rated, so I ordered one:

61O8NZuAdsL._SL1001_.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002B9XB0E

Should get it next week, it'll probably work on PC & PS3 no problem, and I'll take it down to my buddies place to test it on his PS4 on MK X (fingers crossed).
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    few updates from the lab tonight guys...

1) Tested on PS360+ booted into PS4 mode as @Phreakazoid suggested: Still no luck. The PS360+ will not recognize the adapter and doesnt seem to get power.

2) Tested a Toodles/Godlike controls MC CTHULHU - same issue with the PS360+ (although i may not have the latest firmware)

3) Plugged the adapter into PC to see what comes up on control joy.cpl: it recognized the adapter as a "Wired PS4 Controller" - had my qanba in ps3 mode hooked up and it registered all the inputs without any issues.

*So far the only confirmed 3rd party PCB i have working is the older version akishop PS360 that has already been set to PS3 mode. @Spoonz any luck on the Zero Delay Encoder?
    www.jonyfraze.com

• SpoonzSpoonz Trinigamer Joined: Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @jonyfraze I'm outside the US so I'll have to wait until the adapter gets here to test.
    Don't fight for victory, fight to improve yourself. Victory will follow
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 303
    Thanks Jonyfraze for the review video.

I just wanted to add that the converter also does not work with the Cerberus mod. Not much of a surprise given the converter seems to have problems recognizing dual modded sticks. The new cerberous firmware which adds ps4 support is very nice though, so hat tip to Phreakazoid for his hard work.

I tried pretty much every workarounds including forcing it in ps3 or ps4 mode, connect a ps3 pad first then connect stick, but no luck so far.

On the other hand the converter seems to work really well when it works. I tested with a Hori HRAP4 Kai and couldn't notice any difference between using the converter and using the native ps4 mode on the stick.

XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    Thanks Jonyfraze for the review video.

I just wanted to add that the converter also does not work with the Cerberus mod. Not much of a surprise given the converter seems to have problems recognizing dual modded sticks. The new cerberous firmware which adds ps4 support is very nice though, so hat tip to Phreakazoid for his hard work.

I tried pretty much every workarounds including forcing it in ps3 or ps4 mode, connect a ps3 pad first then connect stick, but no luck so far.

On the other hand the converter seems to work really well when it works. I tested with a Hori HRAP4 Kai and couldn't notice any difference between using the converter and using the native ps4 mode on the stick.

Hmm, I'll have to get one and dig into why it's having issues with both my PS3 and PS4 modes. It makes 0 sense as to why it would have issues.

Does anyone have one of these with some other PS3 3rd party controllers? PowerA, Datel, etc.? It sounds like there's no issues other than the old round 1 TE sticks.

I mean, it could be a power draw issue, but that would really surprise me with people who've used the PS360+ by its lonesome. The only thing left is a whitelist of VID/PID which would be crazy stupid for a PS3 based converter.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    edited August 2015

it should work for that stick

www.jonyfraze.com

@ReapeR14

Just found out those converters might not have native support for Mad Catz TE sticks, you might need to update the firmware

Download the update here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3rgsdnxh82888fn/AACUEMJptFl0yXI-OGJLfNt1a/PS3 to PS4轉接器/驅動程式Driver?dl=0

edited August 2015
    @C-Sword hey being that you have a working relationship with Brook - do you think you can have them work on support for the PS360+ ? I sent them a message via their website however no response. also how do you properly install this firmware?
    www.jonyfraze.com

edited August 2015
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @C-Sword hey being that you have a working relationship with Brook - do you think you can have them work on support for the PS360+ ? I sent them a message via their website however no response. also how do you properly install this firmware?

Instruction video is in chinese, but they're working on an english version now

@ReapeR14

Just found out those converters might not have native support for Mad Catz TE sticks, you might need to update the firmware

Download the update here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3rgsdnxh82888fn/AACUEMJptFl0yXI-OGJLfNt1a/PS3 to PS4轉接器/驅動程式Driver?dl=0

Cool, thanks for that. I just got the PS3/PS4 to Xbox One converter on Tuesday and it works with my PS3/4 Mad Catz TE2 in either mode. The lights on the TE2 turned on a couple of seconds after i plugged the converter into the Xbox One. Also tried with a Dualshock 4 and it worked with no problem. I guess that first converter I got was faulty.

If they do retro, definitely Sega Saturn to Xbox one/PS4 would be amazing.
    edited August 2015

That's not Xbox One to PS4. It's the same as the one I have and it's PS3/4 to Xbox One. There's a vendor on Amazon Marketplace that has it mislabeled as Xbox One to PS4 also.

Edit: The description of the converter at the bottom of the page is correct though. The seller really should change the title of the item listing.
  • gnsgns Joined: Posts: 207
    edited August 2015
    Just checked Brooks gaming Facebook page and it looks like the xb360 and xb1 to ps4 are scheduled for late September: item ID p4-gr (green colour) and p4-pr (purple) respectively

For 'to ps4 converter", looks like only the PS3 to ps4 (p4-wh, white) exist at the moment according to FB page
    Mine just arrived

5bFusrb.jpg

I can confirm that it doesn't work with my Makestick pro....
  • kev_the_bevkev_the_bev triumph. Joined: Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so a MC Cthulhu stick doesn't work on PS4 with this? that's a shame. does it work on Xbox One?