Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 549
    edited August 2015
    @C-Sword hey being that you have a working relationship with Brook - do you think you can have them work on support for the PS360+ ? I sent them a message via their website however no response. also how do you properly install this firmware?
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 739
    edited August 2015
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @C-Sword hey being that you have a working relationship with Brook - do you think you can have them work on support for the PS360+ ? I sent them a message via their website however no response. also how do you properly install this firmware?

Instruction video is in chinese, but they're working on an english version now

• ReapeR14ReapeR14 Joined: Posts: 4
    C-Sword wrote: »
    @ReapeR14

Just found out those converters might not have native support for Mad Catz TE sticks, you might need to update the firmware

Download the update here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3rgsdnxh82888fn/AACUEMJptFl0yXI-OGJLfNt1a/PS3 to PS4轉接器/驅動程式Driver?dl=0

Cool, thanks for that. I just got the PS3/PS4 to Xbox One converter on Tuesday and it works with my PS3/4 Mad Catz TE2 in either mode. The lights on the TE2 turned on a couple of seconds after i plugged the converter into the Xbox One. Also tried with a Dualshock 4 and it worked with no problem. I guess that first converter I got was faulty.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,194 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If they were to make a Super Nintendo to PS4 controller adapter, would you guys be interested in getting one? I might be able to make that happen.

If they do retro, definitely Sega Saturn to Xbox one/PS4 would be amazing.
    edited August 2015

That's not Xbox One to PS4. It's the same as the one I have and it's PS3/4 to Xbox One. There's a vendor on Amazon Marketplace that has it mislabeled as Xbox One to PS4 also.

Edit: The description of the converter at the bottom of the page is correct though. The seller really should change the title of the item listing.
  • gnsgns Joined: Posts: 207
    edited August 2015
    Just checked Brooks gaming Facebook page and it looks like the xb360 and xb1 to ps4 are scheduled for late September: item ID p4-gr (green colour) and p4-pr (purple) respectively

For 'to ps4 converter", looks like only the PS3 to ps4 (p4-wh, white) exist at the moment according to FB page
    Mine just arrived

5bFusrb.jpg

• DeadlywolfDeadlywolf Joined: Posts: 91
    I can confirm that it doesn't work with my Makestick pro....
  • kev_the_bevkev_the_bev triumph. Joined: Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so a MC Cthulhu stick doesn't work on PS4 with this? that's a shame. does it work on Xbox One?
  • Phase 3Phase 3 Saving the Princess Joined: Posts: 15
    This is probably a silly question, especially since it's printed on the box, but I'd just like to verify something.

I play a lot on PS3 (Marvel), PS4 (MKX, eventually SFV) and XB1 (KI). Ideally I'd like to get a stick that does all three. It looks as though the XB1-->PS4 converter does not support PS3, so, it would be in my best interest to purchase a PS3/PS4 stick and use the PS3/4-->XB1 converter, correct?

But have all of these sticks been tested to work with the converter? Stuff like the TE2 or the Hayabusa, which both seem to be PS3/4 compatible? This would be preferable to getting something like an Atrox because then I'd only be able to go XB1-->PS4 (no ps3) unless I hard modded it?

I know some of this has been answered in the thread but since I'm about to place orders I'd just like the reassurance. Thanks, everyone.
    edited August 2015
    @Phase 3 yeah I would say best option is get a PS3/PS4 stick and use the PS3/PS4 -> XboxOne converter. Some of the newer Hori Sticks or possibly a new PS4/PS3 TE2 (not tested yet)
    Post edited by jonyfraze on
    www.jonyfraze.com

edited August 2015
    @Phase 3 I've tested the PS3/PS4 to Xbox One converter on my PS3/PS4 TE2 and it works well in both PS3 and PS4 mode. That would be your best option for PS3/PS4/Xbox One unless you want to padhack. I've also got a PS3/PS4 HRAP4 Kai that I haven't tested yet.
    edited August 2015
    Hey guys, Updated the 1st post of this thread with a confirmed list of working controllers based on the comments posted here. If you would like to contribute to the list post your findings in the comments and ill update the thread.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• LionheartxLionheartx Joined: Posts: 5
    I'm actuall going to be receiving a few of these to test in the next day or two, while I don't have any advanced testing tools I do have a few different sticks for testing. I should be getting a ps3 to ps4 converter, a 360 to xbox one converter and a 360 to xbox one converter. I'll update the findings with my sticks but if there is something you want to know about let me know and I will try to test it.
  • Pez_ManPez_Man AND1 Joined: Posts: 31
    This is the email I got when I asked about a possible firmware update to work with ps360+

"Appreciate your inquiry.

As our knowing, akishop\'s ps360+ is basedon PC communication to develop.

Even it has PS3 chip, but its inner PCBA and communication is based on PC model to develop.

Our PS3 to PS4 converter requires the controller based on PS3 model to make.

Thus, akishop PS360+ is can’t compatible on our converter.

Hope you kindly understand.

Thanks.
    "

Kurt
    xbox gametag pez man 81
    @Lionheartx awesome.. post your findings.. @Pez_Man wow thanks for the info I asked them the same question but never got a detailed response. Thanks for sharing..
    www.jonyfraze.com

edited August 2015
    The Xbox One controller only works wired when connected to the Xbox One to PS4 adapter. All the buttons function like they should, pressing L3 and R3 together emulates the touchpad, I've been using it for various types of games (fighters, Shmups etc...), no issues.

Edit: Oh yeah, the adapter supports vibration.

@Phreakazoid thoughts on this?

Pez_Man wrote: »
    This is the email I got when I asked about a possible firmware update to work with ps360+

Even it has PS3 chip, but its inner PCBA and communication is based on PC model to develop.

Thanks.
    "

www.jonyfraze.com

• PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @Phreakazoid thoughts on this?

Pez_Man wrote: »

Thanks.
    "

The only thing I can think of is that they're sending some weird PS3 feature request that isn't handled. Anyone want to spot me a device so I can try to figure out what it's doing and why my cerberus isn't usable with it? If I figure it out I'll pass it to Akishop for them to implement on their board.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    edited August 2015
    Thanks jonyfaze for this thread!

Just got the PS3 to ps4 white version.
    Confirming it to work with the ps3 six axis controller with shinjn axisdapter (toodles has a version as well)

Spamming F5 on Brook FB page hoping they release "xb360/xb1 to ps4" purple version soon!
    gns wrote: »

Confirming it to work with the ps3 six axis controller with shinjn axisdapter (toodles has a version as well)

Spamming F5 on Brook FB page hoping they release "xb360/xb1 to ps4" purple version soon!

My purple version is only XBox One to PS4, I don't think it also supports 360 controllers.

My purple version is only XBox One to PS4, I don't think it also supports 360 controllers.

Ahh, green one then. Thanks.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    That's a shame it doesn't work with the Cthulhu, wonder if it would work with the Zero Delay
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 64
    I ordered the white PS3 to PS4 converter last night from eBay. Waiting on it to arrive in the UK from Hong Kong.

I'm very much looking forward to this.

I have a Hori W(wireless) HRAP for PS3 which I imported from Japan. It connects to the PS3 using Bluetooth for wirless play. If this converter allows me to do the same with the Hori WRAP on the PS4, I will be so happy. Wirless USF4 on PS4 is the dream! (Anyone else try this or know if it will work or not?)

Also my old dualshock 3's can be used for 2 player FIFA/Rocket League etc...if needed to. I almost spent £40 on a new dualshock 4 yesterday.

The Adaptor cost me £30. I post here on when it's delivered and I can test it.
    @Tensho I believe @Spoonz will be testing with the zero delay shortly. he ordered one and is waiting for it to come.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 59
    edited August 2015
    Okay boys I have some great news for us.

I'm just testing the x360 -> ps4 converter.

Unfortunately i dont have a ps4 yet but will get one tomorrow.

However I'm testing on my ps3 and I can confirm that the ps360+ was working out of the box with this adapter (without forcing any mode) on the ps3.

This adapter was actually not meant to work on the ps3 but since the ps4 pads also work on ps4 I think this is a very good sign.

So Chances are very good that it will also work on the ps4 but I will see tomorrow.

However I did notice a very very little amount of input lag (maybe like 1 frame) when I compared it with the ps360+ connected to the ps3 directly.
    But it is really really tiny. I am very hardcore when it comes to input delay. But i am rather confident because I heard that the ps4 pads also have about 1 frame input delay on the ps3, so hopefully this is where it is coming from.

I also received a ps3 -> ps4 model and will be testing both adapters against tons of my fight sticks.

I will make a review soon but I can say that I am already really impressed.
    @machomanmo GREAT NEWS! the lag your experiencing is most likely from the PS3 itself. We all know the PS3 version of SF4 has always had an additional frame of lag. I'm hoping it will not be noticeable on PS4 like the current adapters we have tested. Brook actually contacted me to test some adapters out as well and will be shipping them out mid sept.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• Redx508Redx508 Joined: Posts: 36
    anyone know if the Kitty pcb works with the PS3 to ps4 one I got a 360 TEs with one
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/129829/official-kitty-class-boards-thread
  • danjohnny5danjohnny5 Joined: Posts: 147
    Has anyone tried to use a headset with this converter? I will try it myself once my 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter works. Trying to use my 360 stick with a headset on xbone
  • jayryukenjayryuken Joined: Posts: 7
    edited August 2015
    confirmed that hori rap 3 sa works with white ps3 to ps4. anyone tried to upgrade fw? i followed the steps in the video posted earlier till the second update v13 but the update button is greyed out.
    also anyone able to try to connect any racing wheels? thanks

update: was able to upgrade to fw v13, make sure you have the drivers updated (updated in device mngr) and the ps3 controller is NOT plugged in when going from v11 to v13 if anyone running into issues
    Post edited by jayryuken on
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,226
    I'm a but curious if anyone else here has bought from here and/or Deal Extreme's main site as I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and I have yet to receive it or a shipping notification and was wondering about when it could be considered fair game to start bugging them about this.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596

they are sending me one to test out mid Sept! so it should be shipping then.

www.jonyfraze.com

guys just received this comment about PS360+ compatibility:

Dear Jon,

Appreciate your kind feedback.
    The ps360+ could be compatible on X360 to PS4 converter.
    The ps360+ is developed based on PC mode. Its PS3 communication is not formal PS3 communication.
    Thus, if your controller is X360 controller and connected to ps360+, our X360 to PS4 converter could be workable.
    If your controller is PS3 controller and connected to ps360+, our X360 to PS4 converter can’t be workable.
    Hope you kindly understand above and feel free contact me if you have any further issue.
    Thanks.

Morrice Huang (黃傳儀)
    Zeroplus Technology Co., Ltd.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    edited August 2015
    I'm a but curious if anyone else here has bought from here and/or Deal Extreme's main site as I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and I have yet to receive it or a shipping notification and was wondering about when it could be considered fair game to start bugging them about this.

I have experienced the same thing. After 2 weeks of not recieving any sort of response, I put up a dispute in paypal. I received my package the next day. They dont communicate well but they do deliver the item.

I have used that ps2 to ps4 convertor and it works pretty well. I am actually going to rebuild a ps2 stick because the response from the convertor seems faster than the ps4 sticks I have been using. (I experienced the same thing with ps2 to 360/ps3 sticks vs ps3/360 sticks. When they switched over to usb protocols, it seems like extra processing of the signal was involved that add some input lag. For example a wire 360 controller has 7ms of input lag but using a ps2 to 360 convertor is like 2ms of input lag.) My only concern so far is that pressing 2 of the shoulder buttons together acts like the touchpad on a ps4, so I dont know how this will effect things like ex, v-skill, and v-trigger moves in SFV
    Post edited by buyproduct on
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
    buyproduct wrote: »

I have experienced the same thing. After 2 weeks of not recieving any sort of response, I put up a dispute in paypal. I received my package the next day. They dont communicate well but they do deliver the item.

I have used that ps2 to ps4 convertor and it works pretty well. I am actually going to rebuild a ps2 stick because the response from the convertor seems faster than the ps4 sticks I have been using. (I experienced the same thing with ps2 to 360/ps3 sticks vs ps3/360 sticks. When they switched over to usb protocols, it seems like extra processing of the signal was involved that add some input lag. For example a wire 360 controller has 7ms of input lag but using a ps2 to 360 convertor is like 2ms of input lag.) My only concern so far is that pressing 2 of the shoulder buttons together acts like the touchpad on a ps4, so I dont know how this will effect things like ex, v-skill, and v-trigger moves in SFV

Is that a issue you're having with the Brook PS2 to PS4 adapter? I have to press L3 and R3 simultaneously to emulate the touchpad on mine, not the shoulder buttons.

edited August 2015

Is that a issue you're having with the Brook PS2 to PS4 adapter? I have to press L3 and R3 simultaneously to emulate the touchpad on mine, not the shoulder buttons.

I will have to check again which 2 buttons gave the touchpad signal. I was using a modded pad encoded to work on ps2, and I remapped the buttons on USFIV so it may have been just the shoulder buttons on that pad. I will try again tonight with a DS2 and see if it was just that pad that acted like that. I should of tested with a legit pad first.
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,226

That's kind of what I thought. I happen to like PS1/2 to ___________ because of how ubiquitous PS1/2 controllers/PCBs are. I've got to PS3 and 360 covered and there's a Xbone one available if I ever need it. I ordered 8/11 and it's now 8/28 so I guess I should give it a couple more days.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    edited August 2015

That's kind of what I thought. I happen to like PS1/2 to ___________ because of how ubiquitous PS1/2 controllers/PCBs are. I've got to PS3 and 360 covered and there's a Xbone one available if I ever need it. I ordered 8/11 and it's now 8/28 so I guess I should give it a couple more days.

When you ordered did you have trouble with the DX verification of account email. That was the only problem I had on the site. I ordered on the 12th and received my package on the 26th.