Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    buyproduct wrote: »
    I'm a but curious if anyone else here has bought from here and/or Deal Extreme's main site as I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and I have yet to receive it or a shipping notification and was wondering about when it could be considered fair game to start bugging them about this.

I have experienced the same thing. After 2 weeks of not recieving any sort of response, I put up a dispute in paypal. I received my package the next day. They dont communicate well but they do deliver the item.

I have used that ps2 to ps4 convertor and it works pretty well. I am actually going to rebuild a ps2 stick because the response from the convertor seems faster than the ps4 sticks I have been using. (I experienced the same thing with ps2 to 360/ps3 sticks vs ps3/360 sticks. When they switched over to usb protocols, it seems like extra processing of the signal was involved that add some input lag. For example a wire 360 controller has 7ms of input lag but using a ps2 to 360 convertor is like 2ms of input lag.) My only concern so far is that pressing 2 of the shoulder buttons together acts like the touchpad on a ps4, so I dont know how this will effect things like ex, v-skill, and v-trigger moves in SFV
    That's kind of what I thought. I happen to like PS1/2 to ___________ because of how ubiquitous PS1/2 controllers/PCBs are. I've got to PS3 and 360 covered and there's a Xbone one available if I ever need it. I ordered 8/11 and it's now 8/28 so I guess I should give it a couple more days.

When you ordered did you have trouble with the DX verification of account email. That was the only problem I had on the site. I ordered on the 12th and received my package on the 26th.
    I did PayPal checkout as a guest so hopefully that isn't an issue. I just can't be assed to register at another site I'll probably never use more than once or twice. If it's not here by next week I'll try contacting them and if that doesn't get a response then I suppose PayPal dispute it is.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,658
    I ordered the PS2-PS4 converter from DX weeks ago. They took until the 17th just to ship it out.
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 59
    edited August 2015
    Guys it is official.

I can confirm that the xbox360 to ps4 converter (light green) works with a ps360+ (latest hardware revision and latest firmware)

Tested it yesterday a couple of hours on a PS4 with USF4 and didn't have any problems so far. I didn't even have to force any mode, just plug and play worked like a sharm.

I will be doing a review shortly.
  • SpoonzSpoonz Trinigamer Joined: Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @Tensho I believe @Spoonz will be testing with the zero delay shortly. he ordered one and is waiting for it to come.

I finally got the converter and it doesn't work with my zero delay. Works flawlessly with my HRAP3 though. Next up is to test that PS2-PS4 converter with the zero delay to see if that works. Hopefully that gets here by the end of September (the joys of living in the Caribbean :| )

Don't fight for victory, fight to improve yourself. Victory will follow
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 744
    Purple version ''Xbox One to PS4'' works great with these following controllers:

Original Xbox One controller
    Hori Pad
    Mad Catz TE

I'm a but curious if anyone else here has bought from here and/or Deal Extreme's main site as I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and I have yet to receive it or a shipping notification and was wondering about when it could be considered fair game to start bugging them about this.

I have experienced the same thing. After 2 weeks of not recieving any sort of response, I put up a dispute in paypal. I received my package the next day. They dont communicate well but they do deliver the item.

I have used that ps2 to ps4 convertor and it works pretty well. I am actually going to rebuild a ps2 stick because the response from the convertor seems faster than the ps4 sticks I have been using. (I experienced the same thing with ps2 to 360/ps3 sticks vs ps3/360 sticks. When they switched over to usb protocols, it seems like extra processing of the signal was involved that add some input lag. For example a wire 360 controller has 7ms of input lag but using a ps2 to 360 convertor is like 2ms of input lag.) My only concern so far is that pressing 2 of the shoulder buttons together acts like the touchpad on a ps4, so I dont know how this will effect things like ex, v-skill, and v-trigger moves in SFV
    That's kind of what I thought. I happen to like PS1/2 to ___________ because of how ubiquitous PS1/2 controllers/PCBs are. I've got to PS3 and 360 covered and there's a Xbone one available if I ever need it. I ordered 8/11 and it's now 8/28 so I guess I should give it a couple more days.

I just checked. We ordered the same product on the same day. I'm still waiting for mine too.
  • mockinglymockingly Stealin ya knowledge Joined: Posts: 31
    I need this to work on my 360 original te stick going to ps4 and will microphones work in this device? Tired of waiting for the Titan one update
    Main - Chun Li
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 551
    edited August 2015
    @C-Sword @Spoonz @machomanmo Thanks for the updates guys.. updated the original post..
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • gnsgns Joined: Posts: 207
    edited August 2015
    machomanmo wrote: »
    Guys it is official.

I can confirm that the xbox360 to ps4 converter (light green) works with a ps360+ (latest hardware revision and latest firmware)

Tested it yesterday a couple of hours on a PS4 with USF4 and didn't have any problems so far. I didn't even have to force any mode, just plug and play worked like a sharm.

I will be doing a review shortly.

Nice, did they release already? Or did you get a test unit?

Edit: Looks like they have a "green" with xb360/xb1 -> ps4 as well as the "Lime green" xb360 -> ps4
    edited August 2015
    @gns yup that one is coming out mid sept.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• NoSaltPlzNoSaltPlz Joined: Posts: 61
    Do you guys think that these will be tournament legal?????

My only hesitation in getting a few of these...
    I made a review for Brook Super Converters.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vJf1oM0tb-4
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    NoSaltPlz wrote: »
    Do you guys think that these will be tournament legal?????

My only hesitation in getting a few of these...

Not likely unless there's hardcore testing that proves it doesn't interfere with player 2. There's no ability to set macros, which is one of the reasons why other converters are banned.
    It would be nice to have tournament legal adapters, but it all depends on what the major TOs do and how much quality scientific testing the community does.

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    I wouldn't call what I do hardcore testing, but I've spent a few hours playing with my friend on the same PS4 and it didn't affect his inputs whatsoever.

• FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    edited August 2015
    C-Sword wrote: »
    I wouldn't call what I do hardcore testing, but I've spent a few hours playing with my friend on the same PS4 and it didn't affect his inputs whatsoever.

There is no possible way that without testing you can say "it didn't affect his inputs whatsoever"

If it works for you and your friend then fine, but unless you have done hardcore testing you can't make any assumptions.

People rely on hardcore testing here on Tech Talk, not opinions stated as facts.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    C-Sword wrote: »

There is no possible way that without testing you can say "it didn't affect his inputs whatsoever"

If it works for you and your friend then fine, but unless you have done hardcore testing you can't make any assumptions.

People rely on hardcore testing here on Tech Talk, not opinions stated as facts.

How do people test commercial sticks for this? I am assuming the input drops on player 2 occur from power draw or heat stress on the usb ports.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • NoSaltPlzNoSaltPlz Joined: Posts: 61
    Ya we really need some serious testing with these and get them Tourney approved!
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    someone here with a x360 madcatz fightpad who tested the ps4 adapter?
    i have a hitbox with one in it and it would be awesome when it works via adapter on a ps4.
    Vynce wrote: »

I just checked. We ordered the same product on the same day. I'm still waiting for mine too.

Still waiting giphy.gif
    Yeah, I went ahead and contacted them via Paypal which is basically step 1 in the dispute process. -_-
    I feel like we may need to wait until some US distributor picks these up for resale.
    House of Bane
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 64
    So I got my ps3>ps4 White converter today.

Works well with my qanba 3-1 but not so well with my Wireless Hori stick.

It's a WRAP and connects to my PS3 through Bluetooth. With the brook converter the wireless Bluetooth mode does not work at all. Does not pick up the stick even when plugged in.
    It does work in wired USB mode.

I tried the email address provided on the box service@brookaccessory.com but this email does not work.

Does any one else know how to contact them?
    @noddy best way is to use the question form on the website. I also have been in contact with them via this email address: brook@brookaccessory.com however I'm not sure if it's the main email for support.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• MaximilianoMaximiliano Joined: Posts: 719
    YO THIS IS GODLIKE.

Just bought a white one off eBay for my Qanba Q4. I'll update here once I get it, although I'm sure you guys have more than enough assurance that it works with Qanbas.
  • bizzazzbizzazz Kaptain Kaos Joined: Posts: 161
    Got my white PS3 -> PS4 converter over the weekend and I can confirm they work flawlessly on my PS3 TE after the firmware update. Make sure you force install the USB drivers in the zip file to overwrite the default Windows drivers or the firmware update to v13 won't work. Yahoo for a $40 converter to make my 4 TEs relevant on PS4. This is huge.
    I can also confirm a few more sticks for compatibility:

xbox360 -> PS4
    Joytron Exchanger
    Qanba Q4

PS3 -> PS4
    Joytron Exchanger
    Qanba Q4
    Checked the mail today and all I got was a wolf spider D:

Any word, Nobus?
    11944400_1047813188564398_537382350_n.jpg?oh=a0538622d2babcfba1a54fce00da167d&oe=55E85016

• DirrtyPopDirrtyPop Joined: Posts: 204
    I'm really liking the ps2 to 4 converter but I just gave up on MK, if anyone's looking for one inbox me and we can talk trading
    DirrtyPop wrote: »
    I'm really liking the ps2 to 4 converter but I just gave up on MK, if anyone's looking for one inbox me and we can talk trading

Can you post your impressions of the adapter on TYM? And yeah, MKX is garbage.

• DirrtyPopDirrtyPop Joined: Posts: 204
    Yes I def can do that, adapter works great game sucks,

Any word, Nobus?
    Damn, you got a wolf spider.
    <-Jealous.

So far no converter and no reply.
    House of Bane
  • Redx508Redx508 Joined: Posts: 36
    anyone tested the Kitty pcb yet?
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 64
    @jonyfraze thanks for your advice. I actually did that after posting.

Contacting them by their website works best, they got back to me with instructions to update the firmware. I did this with the help of the chinese video.

It did not help with my problem with making my Hori wireless stick work.

However the converter is very cool.
    No lag and all my wired PS3 sticks work. Amazing how the ds3 works wirelessly on the ps4.

I highly recommend this converter, and the support guy Morrice has been replying to my emails trying to help which is good. I think the firmware update is mainly for TE sticks and the G27 racing wheel. The stick I have is quite rare I think so might not get the support/update I need.
  • ~Mirage~~Mirage~ `Isn't the LEAST bit Machiavellian. Honest. Joined: Posts: 183
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Alright guys, got these in this evening.. Im consulting with the other tech talk guys about how to do a meaningful test on these but for now I tested out the PS3->PS4 converter heavily this evening and here's what I found:

<video>

Lag:
    No noticable lag on USF4. Connected my qanba q4 in ps3 mode. Was able to do all my 1 frame links from muscle memory without any issues. I also tried combos with pianos such as Gen S.MK -> hands - no issues or dropped inputs. also no 8 minute timeout. Really happy about this..

VERY helpful review. I have that exact stick and I recently got it just to play USFIV on PS4. I've been beside myself with buying yet another fight stick just to be able to play GG, DOA, SFV Beta, and other PS4 games. This saves me not only a couple hundred dollars, but also the continued frustration of seeing games on my PS4 XMB that I can't even begin to play in any decent capacity on a pad. Thank you very much, Jony.
    Fortune Favors the Bold.
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,101
    Buying one of these now, I have a PS3 Madcatz Round 1 TE and a PS3 Madcatz SE. Hoping this works, wanting to use it to play the SF5 Beta!

Any word, Nobus?
    <-Jealous.

This is getting frustrating. Where is DX even out of? I could google but here we are, commiserating.
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035

Any word, Nobus?
    <-Jealous.

This is getting frustrating. Where is DX even out of? I could google but here we are, commiserating.

As soon as I opened a dispute with them on paypal I got my convertor quickly afterwards.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
    For those wanting the PS2 to PS4 adapter, I'd suggest to buy them directly from Brook, just contact them on FB.

edited September 2015

Any word, Nobus?
    <-Jealous.

As soon as I opened a dispute with them on paypal I got my convertor quickly afterwards.

I just missed it today, I think! Going to head to the post office to pick it up in a bit =)

Edit- GOT IT!
    Post edited by Vynce on
    edited September 2015
    @Vynce that's awesome man.. Also guys just wanted to share that Brook reached out to me for a list or trusted US distributors - let them know about paradise, arcadeshock, jasenscustom, FA as the main hubs in the U.S. - if you guys want me to recommend any more ill get it over to them. Hopefully it will make it easier for everyone to pick these up going forward. I also brought up everyone's concerns about making these tournaments legal and asked them to prove that you can disable macros / turbo / and guarantee it will not interfere with the second player.
    www.jonyfraze.com