Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Bubblegum Thug Joined: Posts: 4,978
    edited February 2
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Finally got my Brook. It's perfect. Was able to immediately plug and play with no issues. I was pleasantly surprised to see I was able to use this with PC games as well. Very happy with this device. Thanks to @GOGO.Zippy and the whole Brook team for these amazing converters.

@Doctrine Dark
    Thank you to use Brook converter..
    Please help me to collect more inputting devices and add in our compatibility list.
    Which controller or fightstick (ie: brand name / model number .. more information) to play with Brook converter ?

No problem. Tournament Edition Round 2 FIghtstick is what I use with the Brook converter.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 939
    Finally got my Brook. It's perfect. Was able to immediately plug and play with no issues. I was pleasantly surprised to see I was able to use this with PC games as well. Very happy with this device. Thanks to @GOGO.Zippy and the whole Brook team for these amazing converters.

@Doctrine Dark
    Please help me to collect more inputting devices and add in our compatibility list.
    Which controller or fightstick (ie: brand name / model number .. more information) to play with Brook converter ?

No problem. Tournament Edition Round 2 FIghtstick is what I use with the Brook converter.

@Doctrine Dark
    Is your stick (TE2) for PS3 or XBOX360 Version? Thanks.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Bubblegum Thug Joined: Posts: 4,978
    It's the PS3 version.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 261
    zonatar wrote: »
    Hi, i have a ps3/4 to X1 adapter, i tried it with my g29, to play forza 6 with my logitech, but the x1 reconize it as a normal joypad and its useless, is there a way to use it as a regular wheel with the force feedback?

you may try to do firmware update
    there's also instruction to download
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/Xbox one/
  • mad_onemad_one Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 5
    Sorry to waste a comment, but I figured out my problem.
  • noodallsnoodalls Joined: Posts: 377
    Could be a rough time ahead for converters. While the article is more about the keyboard/mouse converters (and more the XIM4 than the Brook Sniper) it would not be implausible that the Brooks converters could be collateral damage. This story seems to be gaining some traction in the mainstream gaming press. Perhaps we can look forward to more cat and mouse update-updates.

http://kotaku.com/the-fight-over-how-to-play-overwatch-on-consoles-1792099613
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,903
    edited February 8
    noodalls wrote: »
    Could be a rough time ahead for converters. While the article is more about the keyboard/mouse converters (and more the XIM4 than the Brook Sniper) it would not be implausible that the Brooks converters could be collateral damage. This story seems to be gaining some traction in the mainstream gaming press. Perhaps we can look forward to more cat and mouse update-updates.

Oh hey, it's more people being outraged that their lack of game skill is really because of the controller they only want to use.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,755
    gahrling wrote: »
    noodalls wrote: »

Oh hey, it's more people being outraged that their lack of game skill is really because of the controller they only want to use.

I agree it's mostly people want to blame their poor skills on the controller rather than themselves.
    Also the one issue with Keyboard and Mouse controllers/adapters for consoles is that how the Mouse gets adapted to right analog stick movements.
    You will run into issues as the translation for Mouse to analog stick movements only go so far. I am sure certain sensitivity options and maybe some auto corrections in software can take in account.

XIM4, Brook Sniper, Hori Tactical Assault Commander Pro all run into the same issue, and it's not the adapter manufacturers fault.

How I see it is the game developers need to start to include keyboard and mouse support in FPS games (or just play on a PC).
    Never pay double the retail price
  • DrSammyDDrSammyD Joined: Posts: 27
    Updated News..
    To support PS4/XBOXOne New Controller on Wii U converters.

Please go and download
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/Wii U/

Which one? Standard or pro? and what's the difference between the two?
    DrSammyD wrote: »
    Updated News..
    To support PS4/XBOXOne New Controller on Wii U converters.

Please go and download
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/Wii U/

Which one? Standard or pro? and what's the difference between the two?

@DrSammyD
    Wii U Pro controller. Only on Wii U console and play different games.
  • GroutyGrouty Joined: Posts: 3
    edited February 10
    Nevermind this post I was trying to update with the firmware for XBOX360/XBOX ONE to PS4 instead of the straight XBOX360
    Post edited by Grouty on
  • NeverEndingWarriorNeverEndingWarrior Joined: Posts: 29
    Does the ps4 to xbox one converter work with the new Qanba Obsidian? Can anyone test one for me? Just want to be sure be for I pick the stick up.
    Gamertag: TMeezy

PSN: definiteloss

SSFIVAE: Ryu, and Rose
    Doa5U: Jann-Lee, Kokoro
    Soul Calibur: Mitsu, Setsuka style
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 846
    The NeoGeo converter.

Would it be possible wire the db15 end to a padhacked pcb to work on a different system like the og Xbox?
    anzhar wrote: »
    The NeoGeo converter.

Would it be possible wire the db15 end to a padhacked pcb to work on a different system like the og Xbox?

Yes, it be done alot like a dual mod. The only limiting factor is the PCB you are using also has to be common ground.
    I have wired a Undamed USB encoder to a SNES PCB to use a Xbox 360 controller on the SNES console.
    The same idea can be applied to almost any console controller.
    edited February 12
    excellent news

with this thing below i can attempt soldering to og pcb's without worrying about damaging the converter

s-l1600.jpg
    excellent news

with this thing below i can attempt soldering to og pcb's without worrying about damaging the converter

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/at4AAOSw4f5YCdDj/s-l1600.jpg

Or just use the screw terminals
    Darksakul wrote: »
    excellent news

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/at4AAOSw4f5YCdDj/s-l1600.jpg

Or just use the screw terminals

yeah thats the plan, take the wire from the screw terminal and solder the other end to the og xbox pcb
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 520
    Does the ps4 to xbox one converter work with the new Qanba Obsidian? Can anyone test one for me? Just want to be sure be for I pick the stick up.

Just tested it for you on my obsidian. works - but only when the stick is in PS3 mode. Played KI for about 15 minutes.. no issues.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Mr.Q!Mr.Q! a.k.a. Mr.Q®: The Godfather of OpenBOR Joined: Posts: 210
    Is it possible to put the Madcatz TE2 into PS3 mode and use a PS3 to X360 converter with no issues?
    Mr.Q! wrote: »
    Is it possible to put the Madcatz TE2 into PS3 mode and use a PS3 to X360 converter with no issues?

yes
  • HankMcCoyXHankMcCoyX Joined: Posts: 6
    Hello, is adding wireless Bluetooth support to the Xbox One S controller with a Bluetooth adapter being worked on?

Thanks!
    HankMcCoyX wrote: »
    Hello, is adding wireless Bluetooth support to the Xbox One S controller with a Bluetooth adapter being worked on?

Thanks!

it still needs to be played wired
  • BobbyVBobbyV Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi, can i connect my converter to one of the rear usb ports on my Xbox One and use the side usb port to charge the ps4 controller that i'll be using?
    BobbyV wrote: »
    Hi, can i connect my converter to one of the rear usb ports on my Xbox One and use the side usb port to charge the ps4 controller that i'll be using?

@BobbyV
    Yes, you can.
    Look http://www.brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html
  • WonderfallsWonderfalls Joined: Posts: 8
    HankMcCoyX wrote: »

Thanks!

it still needs to be played wired

Is Brook going to create a new super converter (or if possible a firmware update for existing converters) to allow the Xbox One S controller to be used via Bluetooth on a PS4?
  • jeopardy0jeopardy0 Joined: Posts: 41
    edited February 18
    Purchased a 360+XB1 -> PS4 converter and updated the firmware immediately. Tested it out on PS4 Marvel 3 with an Xbox 360 wired pad. Within a minute, I knew it wasn't going to tournament-viable. It was dropping something like 20-30% of my diagonals when I was trying QCF and DP inputs. Instead of getting 236, I'd get 26. Immediately before this, I was playing with my 360 pad on an Xbox 360, so it wasn't a matter of warming up. Is there any fix for this? Not sure if the converter was just faulty or what, but I have it boxed up and ready for return already.

Just to be clear, I only need to follow the instructions for (Tournament)XBOX 360&XBOX ONE to PS4 v2.2.2 right? I assume 20160408 is already bundled?
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jeopardy0 wrote: »
    Purchased a 360+XB1 -> PS4 converter and updated the firmware immediately. Tested it out on PS4 Marvel 3 with an Xbox 360 wired pad. Within a minute, I knew it wasn't going to tournament-viable. It was dropping something like 20-30% of my diagonals when I was trying QCF and DP inputs. Instead of getting 236, I'd get 26. Immediately before this, I was playing with my 360 pad on an Xbox 360, so it wasn't a matter of warming up. Is there any fix for this? Not sure if the converter was just faulty or what, but I have it boxed up and ready for return already.

Just to be clear, I only need to follow the instructions for (Tournament)XBOX 360&XBOX ONE to PS4 v2.2.2 right? I assume 20160408 is already bundled?

You retest the same pad on PC or 360/XB1? First I heard of dropped inputs.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -Razer Panthera BNIB
    -TE-S
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W, BenQ RL2455HM & Monoprice 8204
    jeopardy0 wrote: »

hmm.. lots of people use that adapter for tourney use. Smug / Phenom / Problem X etc etc... it could be ps4 marvel specific - its already been acknowledged that there are some issues. i own both the 360-ps4 and 360/xb1-ps4 they both perform similar. FYI if you go back in this thread ive measured the adapters to have about 1 frame lag but I play sfv daily with the 360-ps4 adapter on one of my casual setups and cant really tell a difference between playing on my 0 lag UFB based setups...
    www.jonyfraze.com

• jeopardy0jeopardy0 Joined: Posts: 41
    You retest the same pad on PC or 360/XB1? First I heard of dropped inputs.

yes - it's a 360 pad. i played it on 360 right before and right after. i sat in training mode on ps4 for only 10-15 minutes when i decided the inputs just weren't going to be fixed (missing diagonals). one theory i have is that the brooks converter just doesn't parse inputs fast enough? maybe, when i input 2-3-6, it's somehow reading the 2 and then the next time it reads an input is by the time the 6 is input, meaning the 3 gets lost? no idea though, just speculation on my end.
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    hmm.. lots of people use that adapter for tourney use. Smug / Phenom / Problem X etc etc... it could be ps4 marvel specific - its already been acknowledged that there are some issues. i own both the 360-ps4 and 360/xb1-ps4 they both perform similar. FYI if you go back in this thread ive measured the adapters to have about 1 frame lag but I play sfv daily with the 360-ps4 adapter on one of my casual setups and cant really tell a difference between playing on my 0 lag UFB based setups...

hey jonyfraze! i saw your video in my attempt to do research about whether or not to pick up the converter - thanks for the info. i actually wanted to ask - you compared the brook converter vs. a ps3 stick with the skullgirls driver vs. another brook converter, right? did you ever get a chance to compare the converter to a standard ps4 controller or stick? i'm not sure what could be considered "standard" in this scenario. i've heard the "just 1 frame of lag" quote various times - but in your research, it means 1 frame of lag compared to the ps3 stick with sg driver right?
    Hey @jeopardy0 - what really matters is that I was conducting the test with the same PCB without and with the converter. Keep in mind this test was done before PCBs like the UFB were even released yet, and the PS360+ was still unsupported. I've done the tests using a PS360+ in PS4 mode, and with a converter since then. Same results.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• MatarickMatarick Joined: Posts: 123 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 20
    @Brook_Engineer I am a new user of a Yellow PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 adapter running in the latest TE Firmware (from your website) as of this date. It works wireless with my Call of Duty BLOP3 controller in PS3 but somehow my Nacon Revolution Pro is not being detected on the PS3.
    Former Hardware Editor for PSXNation.com (2001-2004) and Games Editor for Binary-Culture (2007-2008) .
  • I_B_ReadyI_B_Ready Joined: Posts: 3
    edited February 20
    Tried the search option, and didn't see anything come up for my issue.

So i have a 360-ps4 adapter, and it doesn't appear to work on a MadCatz SFIV TE with the original T-easy mod (t-easy or t-easy strike). I also, have a SFXT stick with the Phreakmods Cerebus mod, and that seems to work okay. Does the adapter just not work with the older mod? or is there anything I missed that I should be doing to get it to work. (already updated firmware).

• NeverEndingWarriorNeverEndingWarrior Joined: Posts: 29
    Does anyone know if the ps4/xboxone converter is compatible with the new Qanba Obsidian stick? Just want to know before purchasing.
    Gamertag: TMeezy

PSN: definiteloss

SSFIVAE: Ryu, and Rose
    Doa5U: Jann-Lee, Kokoro
    Soul Calibur: Mitsu, Setsuka style
    Does anyone know if the ps4/xboxone converter is compatible with the new Qanba Obsidian stick? Just want to know before purchasing.

Scroll up....

www.jonyfraze.com

Matarick wrote: »
    @Brook_Engineer I am a new user of a Yellow PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 adapter running in the latest TE Firmware (from your website) as of this date. It works wireless with my Call of Duty BLOP3 controller in PS3 but somehow my Nacon Revolution Pro is not being detected on the PS3.

awwww, thank you for inform.
    we will try to figure it out...

yes
    I_B_Ready wrote: »
    Tried the search option, and didn't see anything come up for my issue.

So i have a 360-ps4 adapter, and it doesn't appear to work on a MadCatz SFIV TE with the original T-easy mod (t-easy or t-easy strike). I also, have a SFXT stick with the Phreakmods Cerebus mod, and that seems to work okay. Does the adapter just not work with the older mod? or is there anything I missed that I should be doing to get it to work. (already updated firmware).

it seems to be compatibility issue...
  • WonderfallsWonderfalls Joined: Posts: 8
    @Brook_Engineer @GOGO.Zippy
    Is Brook going to create a new super converter (or if possible a firmware update for existing converters) to allow the Xbox One S controller to be used via Bluetooth on a PS4?

Any chance of a reply about this question, please?
  • bodobearbodobear Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello, I am new to this talk and maybe you can help me for the first steps. Just got my green Brook Xbox360 > PS4 adapter to get a Xbox360 MadCats SFIV TE working on the PS4. After reading about all the updates and game modes I am a little confused what to do first. On the support brook site there are two fw update tool versions, the normal one and (Tournament)XBOX 360&XBOX ONE to PS4. Not sure what's the difference between these two and which one I should use. It would be nice if someone could tell me the right steps to get the update working for my new adapter.
    Thank you, Bodo
  • AllShallEndAllShallEnd Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi. New brooks user here.

I got my XBOX360 -> PS4 adapter yesterday and today I wanted to update everything. I was able to update to 201609.
    The recent update from the official website doesn't let me update it. It starts the app, I plug in the brook adapter and as soon as I hit "UPDATE" it gives me the error 'VIDPID Uknown'.

I have read through a couple of VIDPID errors here but none of them seem to have a solution.

So here are the facts in case someone can help me:

1. Updated to 201609 (first the compatibility Update after that without).
    2. Didn't run the TE Update as my LED is only blue (do I have to runt he TE update, too after the Normal update?
    3. PC gives me VIDPID Uknown error. Tried it on all 8 USB ports. No hub connected. Rebootet my PC twice. -> No solution.

I'd appreciate any help.
    thanks so much
    I now installed the base version "To PS4 series 20160408 versions". But it still gives me the VIDPID error whenever I try to use the most recent update.

Also:
    What is the difference between TE Mode and Normal mode?
    How do I switch between the different modes? (only via firmware update?)

After having installed the BASE version of 20160408 I still receive the VIDPID Uknown error, whenever I try to update the adapter. With and without controller plugged in.
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 91
    Tournament/TE mode is a firmware that DOESN'T have key mapping/button binding mode (for competitions).
    It only can be changed by firmware update (so you have to choose either the normal or the TE firmware).
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for SCVI news; now playin PS3 SCIIHD Online, PS3/4 and arcade Project DIVA Miku gamez.
    Thanks so much. I've got it to work.
    I have no idea, how I fixed it. I literally gave up on it, left it in my PC and 10 minutes later, I tried to update again and all of a sudden it worked. Just played my first SFV game. Worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot.
    @Brook_Engineer @GOGO.Zippy

Any chance of a reply about this question, please?

it still needs to be played wired currently
    we will deliberate...
  • .death.VIA.avatar..death.VIA.avatar. Joined: Posts: 34
    Can anyone confirm that the ps3 to PS4 converter works on the qanba carbon? For all I can tell, it's just a rebranded q1 and someone confirmed it worked there, but I'm just not certain if that's for e the carbon or not.
  • ErtaiErtai Joined: Posts: 1
    Any chance has anyone figured out how to press SELECT + START when using a converter into PS4 without getting the Share function? (Such as to reset training mode in UMVC3)
    Hi~All
    Great News..Never to do any updating
    All converters are working well on V4.50
  • KomaklubKomaklub Joined: Posts: 6
    Thats great news GOGO.Zippy, I've been really enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 Pro using the Xbox Elite Controller !!
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 276

@Doctrine Dark

@Doctrine Dark
    Is your stick (TE2) for PS3 or XBOX360 Version? Thanks.

Just browsing through and saw this, not sure if anyone realized it. @GOGO.Zippy, his stick is a TE1 Round2 and not a TE2. I'm also using the converter with the same stick.
  • .death.VIA.avatar..death.VIA.avatar. Joined: Posts: 34
    Can anyone confirm that the ps3 to PS4 converter works on the qanba carbon? For all I can tell, it's just a rebranded q1 and someone confirmed it worked there, but I'm just not certain if that's for e the carbon or not.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Does the PS4 converter simply convert d-input to whatever PS4 uses? If so, as long as I set a qanba carbon to that mode, it should be recognized on PS4 via the converter.