Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• Smashbro29Smashbro29 Waiting for the new Framemeister... Joined: Posts: 7,192
    I can't think of a better place to ask but do you happen to have a Dinput to Xinput converter?
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Wrong thread.

But to convert dinput to xinput, X360CE (wrapper) and Xoutput 0.11 (driver) work. Xoutput will not work with any xinput controller.
    To convert Xinput to Dinput e.g. for older games that won't recognize the Z axis triggers) and for remapping xinput buttons and setting up deadzones, you can try Xinput Plus (rather useful program).
  • saavedrasaavedra Joined: Posts: 1
    Please help me. Someone can tell me if the adapter works in arcade MadCatz Soulcalibur V? I bought recently adapter (xbox to ps4) and does not work.
    Pic of this model: https://www.google.com.br/search?q=arcade+madcatz+soul+calibur+v&rlz=1C1CHZL_pt-BRBR679BR679&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=911&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9me3W_unMAhVBD5AKHY46AbkQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=nF4GeruF6UXJ5M:
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 345
    saavedra wrote: »
    Please help me. Someone can tell me if the adapter works in arcade MadCatz Soulcalibur V? I bought recently adapter (xbox to ps4) and does not work.
    Pic of this model: https://www.google.com.br/search?q=arcade+madcatz+soul+calibur+v&rlz=1C1CHZL_pt-BRBR679BR679&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=911&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9me3W_unMAhVBD5AKHY46AbkQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=nF4GeruF6UXJ5M:

please see your message box
  • RiderkickerRiderkicker Joined: Posts: 146
    If I were to buy one of these and use the common blue PS2 to USB adapter, which one should I buy or is it pointless? I don't really want to buy another gamepad for the PS4.

what is your controller's brand and model type?

You know one of these things: http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter-Playstation-2/dp/B001AATQ0Y
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,055
    If I were to buy one of these and use the common blue PS2 to USB adapter, which one should I buy or is it pointless? I don't really want to buy another gamepad for the PS4.

what is your controller's brand and model type?

You know one of these things: http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter-Playstation-2/dp/B001AATQ0Y

@Riderkicker
    Yes, I know it worked on PC.
  • graverobIVgraverobIV Joined: Posts: 12
    sorry im a total noob here but i just received my brooks ps3 to ps4 for my te stick and am tryna to update the firmware but it says i need to press the ps button. I had to cut my turbo panel functionality in order to easily install a ps360+ back when. Is there any other way i can update?
    updated the firmware with a ps3 controller but stil not sure on how to use my te stick
    graverobIV wrote: »
    updated the firmware with a ps3 controller but stil not sure on how to use my te stick

@graverobIV

If you already updated 20160408 file successful, please use this file to support and try.
    1. Plugged converter without controller on PC
    2. Disable Viruse
    3. Run App, Enabled compatibility controller updated then click START.
    4. Waiting...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7h8ctdnsaqb71gy/PS3toPS4_V17_20160415.zip?dl=0
  • b1101b1101 Joined: Posts: 9
    the 360->PS4 converter also converts to PS3 excluding the select and home button. This isn't mentioned anywhere, but really should be. Only found this out several days ago and was pleasantly surprised.
    sounds like something to definitely try but not sure if it will work. I wonder if it has anything to do with ps360+ and brooks converter compatibility
    nvm i guess the te stick isn't compatible with the ps3 to ps4 converter, but it is compatible with the xbox360/xboxone to ps4 converter. So who know if the ps3 te stick with a ps360+ works with the xbox 360 to ps4 adapter? this is insane haha
    nvm i guess the te stick isn't compatible with the ps3 to ps4 converter, but it is compatible with the xbox360/xboxone to ps4 converter. So who know if the ps3 te stick with a ps360+ works with the xbox 360 to ps4 adapter? this is insane haha

@graverobIV
    That's ok, the PS3 -> PS4 worked well with PS360+

Zippy is correct. PS3 to PS4 adapter works fine. But you should not have destroyed the top panel like that. Why don't you install a button to be used as the very important PS/guide/home button?
  • HorsejokeHorsejoke Joined: Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    I'm a little confused about how to release update mode, and which LED state is the "correct" one.

I just received my Xbox 360>PS4 converter and updated it using the TE firmware. I was able to update it by doing the combo buttons in the user manual, but when I try to release update mode by following the same commands, it just goes from Blue+Red>Red>Blue+Red. I haven't seen a Purple LED yet.

I'm using a Madcatz SFIV SE Xbox 360 stick.
    edited May 2016
    Purple is blue+red. Also you can call it magneta.
    the problem with "purple" is purple is a different color to different people. The color in "update" mode should be properly called Magneta.
    Purple should be reserved for the violent end of the color spectrum, IMO.

Inb4 someone says that violet is more red than magneta :/

The tournament edition's normal status firmware is also magneta so they are the same color in updating. That can confuse people with getting the adapter out of update mode.
  • HorsejokeHorsejoke Joined: Posts: 2
    Ah, gotcha; I was expecting a distinctly purple LED and was really confused when I just couldn't get it to show up. Thanks a lot!
  • badamebadame Joined: Posts: 4
    Anyone know if the ps3/ps4 versions of these work with the Mc cthulhu? Specifically I'm looking at the ps3/ps4 to wii u adapter. I emailed brook support but they basically told me to buy it and try it out, but would like to see if someone has some first hand experience before I spend the money.
  • AsianboyAsianboy Joined: Posts: 1
    For the Paewang PCB, can I use the lime brooks converter (360 to PS4)?
    badame wrote: »
    Anyone know if the ps3/ps4 versions of these work with the Mc cthulhu? Specifically I'm looking at the ps3/ps4 to wii u adapter. I emailed brook support but they basically told me to buy it and try it out, but would like to see if someone has some first hand experience before I spend the money.

ps3/ps4 to wii u converter works with Toodles Cthulhu Multi-Console PCB
    Asianboy wrote: »
    For the Paewang PCB, can I use the lime brooks converter (360 to PS4)?

haven't tried it. you can give it a go
  • gunblade72gunblade72 Joined: Posts: 70
    Does anyone know how much input lag these converters have?
    edited May 2016
    gunblade72 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much input lag these converters have?

@gunblade72
    No including extended inputting devices, average 2~5ms.

We used logic analyzer and USB Protocol analyzer to capture and measure data package on USB cable between Converter and consoles.
  • Orochi_ChrisOrochi_Chris Joined: Posts: 4
    I just bought a yellow PS3/PS4 converter and im having issues updating the firmware. I downloaded the files from the brook website and when i went to update it goes past the 1st screen where it recognizes the converter but when it comes to the procedure to set it into update mode it never registers anything. The converter changes from blue to red led when pressing home and start but when i go to the next step of pressing Left/L3(hold) and press home the converter goes back to blue light instead of purple and nothing happens. The screen showing the procedure stays there. Im unable to update it to the latest firmware. The converter works on ps3 and ps4(with timeout every 8min or so).

I thought it was just my ps3 ds3 having a busted L3 but I tried 4 different ones and a q4 arcade stick and same result. I also checked in the device settings in windows 7 and 10(I tried the above on 4 different computers) and it shows L3(button 11) as working on all controllers. I also tried downloading the firmware again multiple times and using several different usb ports but the issue persists. The software seems to not be recognizing the L3 input at all.

Any help is really appreciated.
    I just bought a yellow PS3/PS4 converter and im having issues updating the firmware. I downloaded the files from the brook website and when i went to update it goes past the 1st screen where it recognizes the converter but when it comes to the procedure to set it into update mode it never registers anything. The converter changes from blue to red led when pressing home and start but when i go to the next step of pressing Left/L3(hold) and press home the converter goes back to blue light instead of purple and nothing happens. The screen showing the procedure stays there. Im unable to update it to the latest firmware. The converter works on ps3 and ps4(with timeout every 8min or so).

I thought it was just my ps3 ds3 having a busted L3 but I tried 4 different ones and a q4 arcade stick and same result. I also checked in the device settings in windows 7 and 10(I tried the above on 4 different computers) and it shows L3(button 11) as working on all controllers. I also tried downloading the firmware again multiple times and using several different usb ports but the issue persists. The software seems to not be recognizing the L3 input at all.

@Orochi_Chris
    I think your yellow converter should work well on 3.50 system. It don't have 8-timeout issue so that you don't update any thing, plesse check and reply.

Thanks.
  • jon_dojahjon_dojah Joined: Posts: 47
    badame wrote: »

Just got my white ps3>ps4 adapter in the mail today. It worked out of the box. I have a hitbox with chImpSMD.
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@Orochi_Chris
    I think your yellow converter should work well on 3.50 system. It don't have 8-timeout issue so that you don't update any thing, plesse check and reply.

Thanks.

little secret to be told that we are going to simply firmware update process, so it is actually our setting.
    just as Zippy said, it should work fine, so you don't need to do firmware update for this version.
    edited May 2016

@Orochi_Chris

Thanks.

little secret to be told that we are going to simply firmware update process, so it is actually our setting.
    just as Zippy said, it should work fine, so you don't need to do firmware update for this version.

I will recheck later today to ensure it was not my Q4 usb cable since I had issue with it in the past causing disconnects. I wanted to update it to the tournament firmware since I will be using this for tournaments.

Edit: Is there a way to check which firmware version is installed?

@Orochi_Chris

Thanks.

I will recheck later today to ensure it was not my Q4 usb cable since I had issue with it in the past causing disconnects. I wanted to update it to the tournament firmware since I will be using this for tournaments.

Edit: Is there a way to check which firmware version is installed?

please see your message box
    I rechecked regarding the disconnect issue and it seems it was my usb cable that was the cause. Seems i don't have much luck with qanba usb cables this is like the 3rd time it went bad. After changing the cable with a new one it stayed connected all the time.
    I rechecked regarding the disconnect issue and it seems it was my usb cable that was the cause. Seems i don't have much luck with qanba usb cables this is like the 3rd time it went bad. After changing the cable with a new one it stayed connected all the time.

gooooooooooooooooooood!!
    edited May 2016

gooooooooooooooooooood!!

Got the update sorted thank you @Brook_Engineer and @GOGO.Zippy :)
    edited May 2016

gooooooooooooooooooood!!

Got the update sorted thank you @Brook_Engineer and @GOGO.Zippy :)

:) :)
  • TapperPTapperP Joined: Posts: 86
    Guys, every time I try to decide what Brooks to buy I get confused.

I have PS4 and XBOne. I want to use my PS360+ and my Qanba Q4RAF stick on them. I would also like to be able to use a 360 pad on my XBOne, but would sacrifice that for better compatibility with my sticks.

Which 2 converters would be the best combo for those conversions? Are they all equally good for using PS360+? No difference in lag or compatibility?

Here are the choices I am looking at:

(1) Black (360/XB1->XB1) + Lime (360->PS4)

(2) Blue (PS3->XB1) + White (PS3->PS4)
    Instead of wasting money on two converters, buy a Brook UFB and mod your Q4raf with it. A brook UFB will cost as much as two converters, minus the 20 pin wiring harness.

I have a Q4raf modded with a UFB and you can use every button, if you choose to hook up L3 and R3 (the two click analog buttons on X360 pads), except choosing between skipping:

1) Turbo
    2) Either TPKey or Select (Select=share on PS4, TPKey will function as select on PS3/X360/XBOne and touchpad on PS4). Note that you will need to wire up the hardware select button for firmware updates.
  • BakaHazeBakaHaze Joined: Posts: 21
    Hey all, so I did a quick search and also looked at the title post; I hope this hasn't already been answered.

Has anybody had any success with the brook's 360 > ps4 converter for the Madcatz Street Fighter X Tekken Pro for use on PS4?

Wanting to purchase once since all local meetups are on PS4 so yeah.

Thanks for your help.
    That converter will work fine with the Xbox 360 Street fighter X tekken Fightstick Pro and the V.S. edition.
    It's one of the first controllers supported.

There's also a PS3 version of that stick.
  • remonsterremonster Joined: Posts: 553
    My white PS3 / PS4 won't light up when I plug it into my PS4 or PC, although it did when I first received it. And my PC doesn't register it when plugged in for the firmware update. Am I missing something obvious, or is it broken? This happened after only a couple weeks of use.
  • TapperPTapperP Joined: Posts: 86
    edited June 2016
    Falkentyne wrote: »
    Instead of wasting money on two converters, buy a Brook UFB and mod your Q4raf with it. A brook UFB will cost as much as two converters, minus the 20 pin wiring harness.

I appreciate you replying, but I think you misread my post. I'm not only looking to use my Q4raf. I also have a 2 player panel using 2 PS360+ boards. That is why the converters make more sense to me. They would be cheaper, easier and more versatile than buying PCB's for 3 sticks.

Still looking for feedback from experienced users here. Here again are my questions:

I want to use my 2 player panel with 2 PS360+'s and my Qanba Q4RAF with both PS4 and XBone.

Which 2 converters would be the best combo for those conversions? Are they all equally good for using PS360+? No difference in lag or compatibility?

Here are the choices I am looking at:

(1) Black (360/XB1->XB1) + Lime (360->PS4)

(2) Blue (PS3->XB1) + White (PS3->PS4)
    remonster wrote: »
    My white PS3 / PS4 won't light up when I plug it into my PS4 or PC, although it did when I first received it. And my PC doesn't register it when plugged in for the firmware update. Am I missing something obvious, or is it broken? This happened after only a couple weeks of use.

please go to Device and Printers on PC to see what it is recognized