Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Can anyone confirm that the ps3 to PS4 converter works on the qanba carbon? For all I can tell, it's just a rebranded q1 and someone confirmed it worked there, but I'm just not certain if that's for e the carbon or not.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Does the PS4 converter simply convert d-input to whatever PS4 uses? If so, as long as I set a qanba carbon to that mode, it should be recognized on PS4 via the converter.

@.death.VIA.avatar
    Please confirm one thing your Qanba stick on PS3
    Do you see system page( player no/battery level) on PS3 during you pressed Home key on your stick?
    Or take a pic to share and thanks
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 411
    I just pre-ordered the ps4 brook board with audio for my Hori VLX Premium. As far as the USB cable will that just be plug and play? Does anyone know if the VLX has the little white 4 pin connector for the USB and should this board have a place to plug that in? Thanks
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • BaseBase Joined: Posts: 5
    Hey guys. I have a somewhat unique setup. It's a classic Saturn controller, plugged into a Saturn to PSX converter, plugged into the PS2 to PS3/4/PC super converter. This has been working like a dream on pc (I only play on PC right now) up until just a few days ago. Last night I tried to play some games and realized something really weird was going on. Basically, each button along the two rows was inputting the same input as the one above/below it. Also, the two triggers are pressing the same buttons in comparison to these other three buttons. This is confirmed through the windows game controller configuration window. I tried updating the firmware (It says it's version 1.9) but this doesn't solve the issue. Can anyone give some insight on why it may have suddenly changed? Nothing physical happened to the controllers or converters so I'm almost certain this is a software issue, I'm just not sure if it's the windows drivers or the firmware for the converter that's causing issues.

Thanks for the help in advance.
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    @base does the converter react the same way with a standard PS3 controller? Maybe you can isolate it down to either your Saturn controller / Saturn to PS Converter / or your Brook converter with a few simple tests (brook + PS3 controller, brook + converter + another Saturn pad?, etc). Also try updating firmware on the brook converter to possible "reset it" if it was working before. Also it might be a good idea to use the Tournament firmware to avoid any accidental custom button mapping.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
    I don't have another ps2 controller to test with, but it was just working fine a little bit ago. I tried updating to the TE version but it still didn't change anything. Is there a way to revert to an older version maybe?
    edited March 15
    @VarmintBaby going forward please post in the PS4 with Sound thread - this is for the converters. Check out - this install vid from @vicko where he's installing @Jasen Hicks EZmod board for the UFB. If you FF to 18 minutes you'll see how the USB cable is installed to the stock PCB. It's a 5-pin connector (has an extra K-Ground cable) where the UFB is 4-pin. Your gonna have to mod the connector or solder them in. Also just curious - where do you plan on putting the new break out board on the VLX?
    Post edited by jonyfraze on
    www.jonyfraze.com

@base it's possible. You would have to contact Brook directly or DM @GOGO.Zippy or @Brook_Engineer to see what options you have. Have you tried a PS3 controller?
    www.jonyfraze.com

I don't have a cable for the only ps3 controller I have, but I'm not sure why you're asking me to test with a ps3 controller. It's a PS2 to PS3/4 converter.
    edited March 14
    @base ah sorry i read your initial post wrong thought you had ps3-ps4 converter. but try to test it with a standard ps2 controller to isolate the issue.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• kev_the_bevkev_the_bev triumph. Joined: Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I received an Xbox 360/Xbox One to Xbox One converter yesterday, but I can't seem to update the firmware. I am using Windows 10, and when I try to update to the 20160418 (tournament) firmware, it just says "Please plug in controller" after I do the button combo (with a regular Xbox 360 controller). I've tried other 360 controllers too, but it's the same result every time.

The converter already works on my Xbox One with my TE-S stick, but I wanna be able to update the firmware just in case. Any suggestions?
    So I received an Xbox 360/Xbox One to Xbox One converter yesterday, but I can't seem to update the firmware. I am using Windows 10, and when I try to update to the 20160418 (tournament) firmware, it just says "Please plug in controller" after I do the button combo (with a regular Xbox 360 controller). I've tried other 360 controllers too, but it's the same result every time.

The converter already works on my Xbox One with my TE-S stick, but I wanna be able to update the firmware just in case. Any suggestions?

@kev_the_bev
    Please see the date label on the bottom case in your converter, if the date is after May 2016,please update your firmware to the latest version.Don't update 20160408 version.
    edited March 16
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@kev_the_bev
    Please see the date label on the bottom case in your converter, if the date is after May 2016,please update your firmware to the latest version.Don't update 20160408 version.

okay, I guess I can skip that step (the date is jan 2017). but now when I try to update my firmware by using the online updater, I get this error message:
    VIDPID Uknow

Edit: tried it again and the program crashed. Now the light on my Brook adapter isn't coming on, and now it doesn't work on my Xbox one. Please don't tell me it got bricked...
    It crashed after I put in the button combo and it said "do not remove adapter". Please help me I really do not want to deal with a bricked convertor...

Edit 2: so i tried the firmware update on my old laptop. I started with the 2016 update again, and then did the online update. It worked! Sorry about the scare...
    Post edited by kev_the_bev on

@kev_the_bev

okay, I guess I can skip that step (the date is jan 2017). but now when I try to update my firmware by using the online updater, I get this error message:
    VIDPID Uknow

Edit: tried it again and the program crashed. Now the light on my Brook adapter isn't coming on, and now it doesn't work on my Xbox one. Please don't tell me it got bricked...
    It crashed after I put in the button combo and it said "do not remove adapter". Please help me I really do not want to deal with a bricked convertor...

Edit 2: so i tried the firmware update on my old laptop. I started with the 2016 update again, and then did the online update. It worked! Sorry about the scare...

@kev_the_bev
    You wrote Edit2 >> you started with the 2016 update again, and then did the online update. It worked !!

so your converter is fine, is it ?

@kev_the_bev

VIDPID Uknow

@kev_the_bev
    You wrote Edit2 >> you started with the 2016 update again, and then did the online update. It worked !!

so your converter is fine, is it ?

yes, it is working now! thank you. not sure why it wasnt working on my main computer, but it worked out in the end (when i used my laptop instead).
    Hi all guys
    Brook PS3/PS4 to XBOX one (RED) converter already supports NACON REVOLUTION Pro Controller.

If you needed it to play on XBOX one, please contact with us. I can offer a beta file to you.

Thanks.
  • MatarickMatarick Joined: Posts: 123 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hi all guys
    Brook PS3/PS4 to XBOX one (RED) converter already supports NACON REVOLUTION Pro Controller.

If you needed it to play on XBOX one, please contact with us. I can offer a beta file to you.

Thanks.

Thank you for making it work on the red adapter but I wonder if you made a new firmware to make the Nacon Revolution Pro work on the Yellow PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 adapter hooked up to a PS3? Is there a beta firmware for the Yellow adapter since I used the latest TE firmware?
    Former Hardware Editor for PSXNation.com (2001-2004) and Games Editor for Binary-Culture (2007-2008) .
  • UnrealUnreal Joined: Posts: 70
    Hello,

I have an xbox360/xboxone to ps4 converter. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use this converter as an xbox360 to xboxone. I really don't want to dish out the extra cash when I have a PS4 already. I have an original SFIV TE stick that I want to use. Thanks in advance!
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can anyone confirm that the ps3 to PS4 converter works on the qanba carbon? For all I can tell, it's just a rebranded q1 and someone confirmed it worked there, but I'm just not certain if that's for e the carbon or not.

I thought the carnon was a PS4 stick? If it is a ps4 dtick
    Unreal wrote: »
    Hello,

I have an xbox360/xboxone to ps4 converter. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use this converter as an xbox360 to xboxone. I really don't want to dish out the extra cash when I have a PS4 already. I have an original SFIV TE stick that I want to use. Thanks in advance!

There's no reflash method out available at this time to repurpose your Brook adapters if that's what you were requesting.

Your other options are;
    •'Brook Sniper' to act as a plug-n-play adapter for 360 to PS4 & 360 to XB1 and every ps3/ps4/360/xb1/pc/Wiiü combination you can think of.
    •'Brook UFB' installed in your TE.
    •'Brook 360 to XB1' adapter
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    Matarick wrote: »
    Hi all guys

Thanks.

Thank you for making it work on the red adapter but I wonder if you made a new firmware to make the Nacon Revolution Pro work on the Yellow PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 adapter hooked up to a PS3? Is there a beta firmware for the Yellow adapter since I used the latest TE firmware?

@Matarick
    Please check your inbox
  • thedster30thedster30 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi so I just got a brooks converter for Xbox one to PS4 and I plugged it in to my computer updated the firmware and played street fighter 5 and it worked perfectly. Later that day I took it to a friends and played with my Xbox one Razer Atrox on a PS4 and again it worked perfectly. Then the next day I decided to plug it into my computer again to play SFV and all my buttons are messed up (a is b, x is a, b is x, and so on) and it wont let me reassign any of them using the brooks method. I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Of course I can assign the buttons in game but it wont let me use but 6 of my buttons again and i bought this so I could use all 8 and my RT would be the start button and I'm not playing that way. If anyone has dealt with this I would appreciate any help. Thanks
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 98
    edited March 20
    If you updated with the the TE firmware it doesn't let you do button mapping (TE= is for tournaments).
    Use the other update file and button mapping is enabled.
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for SCVI news; now playin PS3 SCIIHD Online, PS3/4 and arcade Project DIVA Miku gamez.
  • dokkydokky Joined: Posts: 11
    edited March 20
    Hey guys I'm currently using a Brook Converter (360XB1 to PS4) with my Xbox TE2. Is it worth to upgrade to a Universal Fighting Board (with EZmod) and put that in my stick? I only play on PS4 and PC. Would I see much improvement in terms of input lag? Thanks!
  • thedster30thedster30 Joined: Posts: 2
    Okay so i found out that I can't have the converter plugged in before I load the game. If I plug in the converter with the controller while loading the game it takes me to a input screen that lets me map all my buttons correctly. So now back to the grind for gold lol
  • jaybee_831jaybee_831 Joined: Posts: 8
    Hiya, has anyone tried using a PS2 Saturn pad with an PS2 to X1 adapter? I tried using mine with the adapter switched to "gaming". None of my buttons or dpad registered. I plugged in my DS2 and that worked fine.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,149
    What is the difference between the brooks pcb that has headers and the one that doesn't?

What is the difference between the brooks pcb that has headers and the one that doesn't?

no difference as far as the board goes but the one with headers allow you to simply plug in connectors (such as the 20 pin) so that you dont have to solder anything. also please post in the brook pcb threads - this thread is for the converters.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 318
    jaybee_831 wrote: »
    Hiya, has anyone tried using a PS2 Saturn pad with an PS2 to X1 adapter? I tried using mine with the adapter switched to "gaming". None of my buttons or dpad registered. I plugged in my DS2 and that worked fine.

it seems to be not compatible...
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,149
    jonyfraze wrote: »

no difference as far as the board goes but the one with headers allow you to simply plug in connectors (such as the 20 pin) so that you dont have to solder anything. also please post in the brook pcb threads - this thread is for the converters.

My bad, and thanks!

• bigbadboazbigbadboaz Joined: Posts: 56
    edited March 27
    Recently got and am very much enjoying the PS2-> XOne converter. I'm kinda put off after noticing that it seems to be the only one that isn't firmware upgradeable - I think even the PS2 -> PS4 one is despite looking very similar.

Anyone who can reassure me this one can't eventually get locked out of use by a future MS software update?
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 318
    bigbadboaz wrote: »
    Recently got and am very much enjoying the PS2-> XOne converter. I'm kinda put off after noticing that it seems to be the only one that isn't firmware upgradeable - I think even the PS2 -> PS4 one is despite looking very similar.

Anyone who can reassure me this one can't eventually get locked out of use by a future MS software update?

what do u mean?
    you mean you may be able not to use it anymore on Windows PC if there's an OS update with MS?
  • FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 151
    Hi Brook and Friends!

Question for everyone.

Lately I have been trying to play Samurai Showdown VI, Fu'un Super Combo, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2

all with my PS3 stick using the PS3 to PS4 converter.

When you play PS2 games on PS4 the console sets up the left side of the touchpad to Select and the right side of the touchpad to Start. Because of this I cannot start many old fighting games as my stick does not have a touchpad. Do the Super Converters have any shortcuts to emulate Left/Right Side Touchpad buttons?

Thank you very much.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 98
    Look on the bottom of the page for info on touchpad emulation:
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17778036/
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for SCVI news; now playin PS3 SCIIHD Online, PS3/4 and arcade Project DIVA Miku gamez.
    Talim_JP wrote: »

I greatly appreciate the insight but my arcade stick is a custom (MC Cthulhu) so I do not have a toggle for RS/LS/DP ala Madcatz. So while I have full 8 button functionality along with Start, Select, and Home I cannot access anything that requires L3/R3 or Touchpad Buttons.
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 706
    FuryofFrog wrote: »
    Talim_JP wrote: »

I greatly appreciate the insight but my arcade stick is a custom (MC Cthulhu) so I do not have a toggle for RS/LS/DP ala Madcatz. So while I have full 8 button functionality along with Start, Select, and Home I cannot access anything that requires L3/R3 or Touchpad Buttons.

Oh that's true, Brook has to think of something here for Cthulhu users
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 935
    FuryofFrog wrote: »
    Hi Brook and Friends!

Question for everyone.

Lately I have been trying to play Samurai Showdown VI, Fu'un Super Combo, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2

all with my PS3 stick using the PS3 to PS4 converter.

When you play PS2 games on PS4 the console sets up the left side of the touchpad to Select and the right side of the touchpad to Start. Because of this I cannot start many old fighting games as my stick does not have a touchpad. Do the Super Converters have any shortcuts to emulate Left/Right Side Touchpad buttons?

Thank you very much.

PS4?!

Don't you mean ps3?

I have these games but on ps3 via psn japan
    No, I mean PS4. A bunch of SNK games have been coming out lately, some of them are enhanced rereleases others are PS2 games on PS4. For the latter the touchpad Left and Right simulate Start and Select.
  • bigbadboazbigbadboaz Joined: Posts: 56
    Hiya, has anyone tried using a PS2 Saturn pad with an PS2 to X1 adapter?

I missed your post just above mine. This is actually what I use with my adapter and zero issues thus far. Really strange to see the other posts, and hope I'm not in for a rude awakening one day.
  • Crimson_KinoCrimson_Kino Joined: Posts: 10
    I just recently got a X360/X1 to PS4 converter and the inputs do not work and it is not updating correctly.
    Np6Sc6P.png
    5gU0zFo.png
    Am I doing something wrong?
  • sweetrevenge117sweetrevenge117 Joined: Posts: 3
    I have the xbox one/x360 to ps4 pad. I cant get a default xbox one controller to work with the ps4. Ive used usbs and everything. What am i doing wrong
    I just recently got a X360/X1 to PS4 converter and the inputs do not work and it is not updating correctly.
    Np6Sc6P.png
    5gU0zFo.png
    Am I doing something wrong?

@Crimson_Kino and @sweetrevenge117

Please see the date label on the bottom case, if it is over than 2016/05, it updated the latest firmware on Brook website. Otherwise updated 2016/04 before...

20160408 versions download:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwtgEPo0y7_OSm1TcFMyeS12MFU

Or plugged your converter on PC, what's the device name do you see in the device and printer?

when plugged into my PC, it is called PS4 Wired Gamepad V2.2. I can't use the other firmware because the converter isn't detecting any inputs
    edited April 4
    @GOGO.Zippy so i have to update the converter to use the wireless xbox one pad? Ive tried to update it before. Its confusing to update
    @GOGO.Zippy so i have to update the converter to use the wireless xbox one pad? Ive tried to update it before. Its confusing to update

@sweetrevenge117
    Please use micro usb cable to connect with the converter.. Only support in wired mode, not work in wireless mode
    Im using a micro usb cord and it vibrates and blinks
  • zrozro Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi @GOGO.Zippy and @Brook_Engineer , perhaps you can help me...
    I have an Xbox360/Xbox One to Xbox One with firmware v1.8 (2016/12).
    I'd like to know if this firmware will work also with the latest Xbox One march update.
    Some games (like GOW4) needs the console to be updated in order to download the latest patches.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance
    edited April 5
    I am not able to update my firmware because any controller I plug in does not detect any inputs. The converter itself gets detected while on PC.

EDIT: I get stuck on this screen
    fDazfKU.png
    Post edited by Crimson_Kino on
    zro wrote: »
    Hi @GOGO.Zippy and @Brook_Engineer , perhaps you can help me...
    I have an Xbox360/Xbox One to Xbox One with firmware v1.8 (2016/12).
    I'd like to know if this firmware will work also with the latest Xbox One march update.
    Some games (like GOW4) needs the console to be updated in order to download the latest patches.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance

@zro
    The V1.8 is the latest version, don't update
    I am not able to update my firmware because any controller I plug in does not detect any inputs. The converter itself gets detected while on PC.

EDIT: I get stuck on this screen
    fDazfKU.png

@Crimson_Kino
    Which converter and controller can not work ?
    Or plug controller and follow steps to do with 2016/04 version.
    I try using both the original Xbox One Controller and the Xbox One S Controller. I also tried a wired Xbox 360 controller and still got nothing.
  • eujejeujej Joined: Posts: 31
    So I just got a brook converter ps3 to ps4 and it works perfectly. My only problem is I use a monitor without speakers so I have all the audio outputting to my ps4 controller with a headset but when I use my joystick I think my ps4 controller disconnects making it so I have no game audio. Is there some sort of work around I can do to get audio coming through? I'm guessing the converter takes over the p1 side or something so is there a way to get my controller to the p2 side so I can have some sort of audio without changing monitors because I only have 1 ps4 controller
    UMVC3:
    TeamDMC
    Haggar(Double Lariat)/Hulk(Gamma Charge)/Chris(Gun Fire)
    She-Hulk(Torpedo)/Spider-Man(Web Ball)/Hawkeye(Kamikaze)
    Jill(Arrow Kick)/Storm(Whirlwind)/Doctor Doom(Hidden Missiles)