Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    TapperP wrote: »
    Falkentyne wrote: »
    Instead of wasting money on two converters, buy a Brook UFB and mod your Q4raf with it. A brook UFB will cost as much as two converters, minus the 20 pin wiring harness.

I appreciate you replying, but I think you misread my post. I'm not only looking to use my Q4raf. I also have a 2 player panel using 2 PS360+ boards. That is why the converters make more sense to me. They would be cheaper, easier and more versatile than buying PCB's for 3 sticks.

Still looking for feedback from experienced users here. Here again are my questions:

I want to use my 2 player panel with 2 PS360+'s and my Qanba Q4RAF with both PS4 and XBone.

Which 2 converters would be the best combo for those conversions? Are they all equally good for using PS360+? No difference in lag or compatibility?

Here are the choices I am looking at:

(1) Black (360/XB1->XB1) + Lime (360->PS4)

(2) Blue (PS3->XB1) + White (PS3->PS4)

i will go (2) Blue (PS3->XB1) + White (PS3->PS4)
  • BakaHazeBakaHaze Joined: Posts: 21
    @Falkentyne Cheers, thanks for your help.

Pulling the trigger now haha.
  • remonsterremonster Joined: Posts: 553
    remonster wrote: »
    My white PS3 / PS4 won't light up when I plug it into my PS4 or PC, although it did when I first received it. And my PC doesn't register it when plugged in for the firmware update. Am I missing something obvious, or is it broken? This happened after only a couple weeks of use.

please go to Device and Printers on PC to see what it is recognized

Nothing showing up in Device and Printers, or Device Manager on any PC I try. I guess I have my answer. =T Thanks though. Here's hoping I can get an exchange through FocusAttack or Brook.
  • Anti_n2Anti_n2 Joined: Posts: 1
    I have the green X360 to P4 converter. Wanted to update it now, but it's stuck with the blue and magenta LEDs. If I connect the controller (I use an Arcade Stick), it doesn't even light the green lights around the Xbox 360 button, it's like if the controller wasn't connected at all.

If I try to update, the update software A shows directly the "Ready to update" screen, not the button combo screen, and it always fail when I try to update.

What can I do? Thanks.
    Anti_n2 wrote: »
    I have the green X360 to P4 converter. Wanted to update it now, but it's stuck with the blue and magenta LEDs. If I connect the controller (I use an Arcade Stick), it doesn't even light the green lights around the Xbox 360 button, it's like if the controller wasn't connected at all.

If I try to update, the update software A shows directly the "Ready to update" screen, not the button combo screen, and it always fail when I try to update.

What can I do? Thanks.

1. Disconnect, reconnect and retry
    2. Switch another USB port and retry
    3. Use another PC and retry
    4. Restart PC and retry
    5. Restart firmware and retry
    6. Use another controller and retry
    7. Shorten cable length and retry
    8. Make sure you download the correct file
    9. If you have installed ZeroPlus Driver before, remove it and retry
    My white PS3 / PS4 won't light up when I plug it into my PS4 or PC, although it did when I first received it. And my PC doesn't register it when plugged in for the firmware update. Am I missing something obvious, or is it broken? This happened after only a couple weeks of use.

please go to Device and Printers on PC to see what it is recognized

Nothing showing up in Device and Printers, or Device Manager on any PC I try. I guess I have my answer. =T Thanks though. Here's hoping I can get an exchange through FocusAttack or Brook.

please see your message box
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 729
    Just wondering if the only difference between the dark green super converter (360/XB1 to PS4) and the the light green (360 to PS4) is the extra support for XB1?

I'm looking at getting a XB360 converter but for slightly more it'll provide me XB1 support as well, why not right?
    mR_CaESaR wrote: »
    Just wondering if the only difference between the dark green super converter (360/XB1 to PS4) and the the light green (360 to PS4) is the extra support for XB1?

I'm looking at getting a XB360 converter but for slightly more it'll provide me XB1 support as well, why not right?

yes, you can choose either one you want
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 294
    Anyone know if there's a way for a PS360 to do the firmware upgrade process all by itself? In other words, how do I get a home button input on a PS360?
    I am the salt of the earth.
    Rage is my body and salt is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand excuses.
    Unknown to winning, nor known to humility,
    Have withstood bans to write many forum rants.
    Yet, those hands will never hold that L.

So as I play,
    UNLIMITED SALT WORKS
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone know if there's a way for a PS360 to do the firmware upgrade process all by itself? In other words, how do I get a home button input on a PS360?

Just short Home and Grd if you don't have a NOPB connect it to.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • SpykrSpykr Joined: Posts: 4
    I just bought a yellow PS3/PS4 converter and im having issues updating the firmware. I downloaded the files from the brook website and when i went to update it goes past the 1st screen where it recognizes the converter but when it comes to the procedure to set it into update mode it never registers anything. The converter changes from blue to red led when pressing home and start but when i go to the next step of pressing Left/L3(hold) and press home the converter goes back to blue light instead of purple and nothing happens. The screen showing the procedure stays there. Im unable to update it to the latest firmware. The converter works on ps3 and ps4(with timeout every 8min or so).

I thought it was just my ps3 ds3 having a busted L3 but I tried 4 different ones and a q4 arcade stick and same result. I also checked in the device settings in windows 7 and 10(I tried the above on 4 different computers) and it shows L3(button 11) as working on all controllers. I also tried downloading the firmware again multiple times and using several different usb ports but the issue persists. The software seems to not be recognizing the L3 input at all.

Any help is really appreciated.

I'm having the same issues here. I just bought 2 yellow converters and they wont update they just go from blue to red to blue again by following the steps and never show the update button. Never see purple. It seems to work for my Ps4 but I'm just worried about when I really do need to update and I'm unable to. Anyone have a solution?
    Spykr wrote: »
    I just bought a yellow PS3/PS4 converter and im having issues updating the firmware. I downloaded the files from the brook website and when i went to update it goes past the 1st screen where it recognizes the converter but when it comes to the procedure to set it into update mode it never registers anything. The converter changes from blue to red led when pressing home and start but when i go to the next step of pressing Left/L3(hold) and press home the converter goes back to blue light instead of purple and nothing happens. The screen showing the procedure stays there. Im unable to update it to the latest firmware. The converter works on ps3 and ps4(with timeout every 8min or so).

I thought it was just my ps3 ds3 having a busted L3 but I tried 4 different ones and a q4 arcade stick and same result. I also checked in the device settings in windows 7 and 10(I tried the above on 4 different computers) and it shows L3(button 11) as working on all controllers. I also tried downloading the firmware again multiple times and using several different usb ports but the issue persists. The software seems to not be recognizing the L3 input at all.

Any help is really appreciated.

I'm having the same issues here. I just bought 2 yellow converters and they wont update they just go from blue to red to blue again by following the steps and never show the update button. Never see purple. It seems to work for my Ps4 but I'm just worried about when I really do need to update and I'm unable to. Anyone have a solution?

take it easy, it's our setting.
    since we are going to simplify firmware update process.
    BTW, this situation also tells that your converter has installed the latest firmware
    i have post this information in previous page, maybe you can try to search
  • SpykrSpykr Joined: Posts: 4
    BTW, this situation also tells that your converter has installed the latest firmware

Apologizes if I seemed frantic for an answer. I did read the previous page but I guess I missed that post or it didn't exactly click in my head again, entirely my fault.

As I just simply googled to see if I could find a solution. I tried to contact via the website but when I got done filling out the contact form on Brook's website about my problem I got an error where my internet deemed it not secured and wouldn't let me send it.
    Spykr wrote: »

Apologizes if I seemed frantic for an answer. I did read the previous page but I guess I missed that post or it didn't exactly click in my head again, entirely my fault.

As I just simply googled to see if I could find a solution. I tried to contact via the website but when I got done filling out the contact form on Brook's website about my problem I got an error where my internet deemed it not secured and wouldn't let me send it.

no problem
  • WonderTonicWonderTonic I Push Buttons Joined: Posts: 264
    I've been using the PS2>PS4 adapter for awhile now and love it. However, since the last firmware update I am unable to use the ps4's on screen keyboard. It's as if the keyboard is stuck in motion control mode. Is there a shortcut that I'm not seeing? Also is there any chance possible that the share button could be reverted to the select button? Select + Start has been a pain since it now forces you to pause the game when starting to record. Not trying to nitpick y'all have been awesome. Thanks
    3DS FC: 1848 1731 7787
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,088
    I've been using the PS2>PS4 adapter for awhile now and love it. However, since the last firmware update I am unable to use the ps4's on screen keyboard. It's as if the keyboard is stuck in motion control mode. Is there a shortcut that I'm not seeing? Also is there any chance possible that the share button could be reverted to the select button? Select + Start has been a pain since it now forces you to pause the game when starting to record. Not trying to nitpick y'all have been awesome. Thanks

@WonderTonic
    Please look your message box
  • WonderTonicWonderTonic I Push Buttons Joined: Posts: 264
    Thanks a bunch.
    3DS FC: 1848 1731 7787
    Thanks a bunch.
    @WonderTonic
    Is it fine?
  • HankMcCoyXHankMcCoyX Joined: Posts: 7
    Microsoft announced a new Xbox One Controller at E3 that uses Bluetooth as well as the old proprietary technology. What's the chances of updating the Xbox 360/Xbox ONE to PS4 adapter to use the new Xbox One controller over Bluetooth?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/14/11931862/microsoft-xbox-one-bluetooth-controllers-ios-android-game-streaming

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/
  • machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 59
    edited June 2016
    Just want to confirm that the qanba q2 pro led is working with the white ps3 to ps4 converter. Please update the start post accordingly
    machomanmo wrote: »
    Just want to confirm that the qanba q2 pro led is working with the white ps3 to ps4 converter. Please update the start post accordingly

haven't tested yet.
    you may try if it's possible.
    HankMcCoyX wrote: »
    Microsoft announced a new Xbox One Controller at E3 that uses Bluetooth as well as the old proprietary technology. What's the chances of updating the Xbox 360/Xbox ONE to PS4 adapter to use the new Xbox One controller over Bluetooth?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/14/11931862/microsoft-xbox-one-bluetooth-controllers-ios-android-game-streaming

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

great information! we will keep following it.
  • bigs211bigs211 Joined: Posts: 1
    Have the xbox 360 to ps4 converter and can't get the ps4 to read the converter, fightstick powers on for 1-2 secs (despite leds on converter never lighting up). I've done the firmware update and even before updating it didn't light up when I plugged it into the ps4 (obviously it lights up on PC and shows itself as a ps4 gamepad in devices with all buttons on the fightstick responding).
    bigs211 wrote: »
    Have the xbox 360 to ps4 converter and can't get the ps4 to read the converter, fightstick powers on for 1-2 secs (despite leds on converter never lighting up). I've done the firmware update and even before updating it didn't light up when I plugged it into the ps4 (obviously it lights up on PC and shows itself as a ps4 gamepad in devices with all buttons on the fightstick responding).

@bigs211
    Please look your message box.
  • MisterBadileMisterBadile Joined: Posts: 1
    I've the same problem of bigs211
  • ValanarroValanarro Joined: Posts: 24
    does anyone with the green xbox 360/xbox one to ps4 converter know if it also works on ps3 as a generic usb pad like the ps3 does with dualshock 4s?
  • machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 59
    edited June 2016
    yes it does thats why i really like this converter because with an x360 stick and this converter you can play on ps4 and also ps3 you just dont get the home button to work
  • ValanarroValanarro Joined: Posts: 24
    Awesome, thats great to know, thanks!
    Hi All
    PS4 have released new system V3.55
    Brook Converters worked well on it.

Great..No timeout

GOGO.Zippy
  • NunoV2NunoV2 Joined: Posts: 24
    What about Driving Force GT compatibility? :(
    NunoV2 wrote: »
    What about Driving Force GT compatibility? :(

@NunoV2 it is working with GT ..
  • LasaccadeLasaccade Joined: Posts: 2
    I recently bought a Red PS3/PS4 to Xbox One Controller.

My goal is to make my MadCatz TE fight stick work.
    The PS3 controller was not working last night, but it is now being recognized as an XBOX controller.
    The MadCatz Brawl stick works now also.

However it is not updating like it says in the instructions on the PDF.

What steps do I take to update firmware and make my Fightstick work?

http://imgur.com/a/FPU7g
    http://imgur.com/qWJEDsv
    Lasaccade wrote: »
    I recently bought a Red PS3/PS4 to Xbox One Controller.

My goal is to make my MadCatz TE fight stick work.
    The PS3 controller was not working last night, but it is now being recognized as an XBOX controller.
    The MadCatz Brawl stick works now also.

However it is not updating like it says in the instructions on the PDF.

What steps do I take to update firmware and make my Fightstick work?

http://imgur.com/a/FPU7g
    http://imgur.com/qWJEDsv

@Lasaccade
    Do you have a PS4 controller ?
  • LasaccadeLasaccade Joined: Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    @Lasaccade

@GOGO.Zippy

I do not, but I was thinking I would get one in the future.

Should I refund this one and get the blue stick for the time being?

Edit: Red stick works with my TE fight stick now after using newer udater. Fantastic. Very happy.
    Post edited by Lasaccade on
    Lasaccade wrote: »
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    @Lasaccade

@GOGO.Zippy

I do not, but I was thinking I would get one in the future.

Should I refund this one and get the blue stick for the time being?

Edit: Red stick works with my TE fight stick now after using newer udater. Fantastic. Very happy.

@Lasaccade

Enjoy playing your Madcatz TE stick with Brook Converter.
    Keep in touch...
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 99
    Nice vid!

They talk about FPS gaming in the vid but most are FG playas here (which prob have even stricter requirements than FPS playas).

With the about 2ms delay though that's not too bad- is it the same across the whole line of converters?
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for a new SC game w/Talim; now playin PS3/4 and arcade Miku Project DIVA gamez.
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 800
    You need to test it on Fighting Games, Not FPS Games
  • jellyrajahjellyrajah Joined: Posts: 248
    Is it possible to update the Brook Converter with a PS4 controller at this time?
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 459
    Should Teyah's tests on the super converters (and sticks) be disregarded?