Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• eujejeujej Joined: Posts: 31
    Nm guys, I found a work around to get my audio through my ps4 controller. Just made the joystick sign in with my regular log in account and the ps4 controller I set it as a guest and all's good
    UMVC3:
    TeamDMC
    Haggar(Double Lariat)/Hulk(Gamma Charge)/Chris(Gun Fire)
    She-Hulk(Torpedo)/Spider-Man(Web Ball)/Hawkeye(Kamikaze)
    Jill(Arrow Kick)/Storm(Whirlwind)/Doctor Doom(Hidden Missiles)
  • Crimson_KinoCrimson_Kino Joined: Posts: 10
    @GOGO.Zippy is there anything that can be done about my converter before NCR? I don't want to have to go to NCR without a viable stick
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,019

@dan_sfa

PowerA FUSION_Controller can work with X360/XB1 to PS4 Converter.
    Click to enable compatibility controller updated

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r2q2bmoqlk5565/XBOX360XBOXONEtoPS4_V222_201704.zip?dl=0
  • jeopardy0jeopardy0 Joined: Posts: 42
    Having some issues with Brooks converter of 360->PS4 giving me unwanted inputs. I'm pretty sure that the converter was somehow registering Left Trigger presses while I was holding the analog stick down.... it happened before, but happened a lot more this weekend. Not sure if it's that the LT is just extra sensitive and I'm accidentally brushing it (I'm fairly cognizant of this now because it was my explanation for a while), but then I'm pretty sure it was just registering my LT as being pressed while I was maneuvering with the analog stick at random.

In Marvel, I was getting random Light attacks because that's what I have LT mapped to. This happened at NCR over the weekend.
  • graverobIVgraverobIV Joined: Posts: 12
    Has anyone been having trouble with timeouts suddenly. I was using my 360->ps4 converter today and noticed that it kept timing out when i was on sfv. Also noticed they came out with new firmware today and whenever i go to download the new 360->ps4 update it gives me the xbone->ps4 update. Please any info would be appreciated
  • MegacouncilmanMegacouncilman Joined: Posts: 7
    I'm experiencing time outs too. Is there a fix?
    I'm experiencing time outs too. Is there a fix?

@Megacouncilman and @graverobIV
    Please go brook website to download the latest version into your converter.

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/
  • MegacouncilmanMegacouncilman Joined: Posts: 7
    Excellent! Thank you. All is well again.
  • andeRK83andeRK83 tiGeR! Joined: Posts: 389
    When can we expect an update for the ps3 to ps4 converter?
    The update log currently lists the latest update to be as of 2016912
    PSN: andeRK83
    SFV Tag: baSick-
    andeRK83 wrote: »

@andeRK83
    This version is the newest on website
    andeRK83 wrote: »

@andeRK83
    this version is working well on V4.55
  • ChronoJoeChronoJoe Joined: Posts: 57
    Right... so I was about to post a really frustrated message but then stumbled upon some reddit thread where someone mentions that the Brook adaptors do not work on the PS4 pro when plugged into the front of the system.

Indeed, the device doesn't even light up when plugged in at the front of the console. After an hour of troubleshooting, I have to plug it into the back to get it to work. Jesus Christ.

That's not the end of it though, this is a severe limitation. I can't use two converters (can you normally?) because there's only one slot at the back, and my controller now, does not reach where I'm sat. So the solution, my PS4 is now ass-backwards on my display cabinet. I have to go to the back of the system to change discs.

Any word on a fix for this?
    edited May 1
    ChronoJoe wrote: »
    Right... so I was about to post a really frustrated message but then stumbled upon some reddit thread where someone mentions that the Brook adaptors do not work on the PS4 pro when plugged into the front of the system.

Indeed, the device doesn't even light up when plugged in at the front of the console. After an hour of troubleshooting, I have to plug it into the back to get it to work. Jesus Christ.

That's not the end of it though, this is a severe limitation. I can't use two converters (can you normally?) because there's only one slot at the back, and my controller now, does not reach where I'm sat. So the solution, my PS4 is now ass-backwards on my display cabinet. I have to go to the back of the system to change discs.

Any word on a fix for this?

@ChronoJoe

Need a USB extension cable to connect between PS4 Pro and Converter.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-extension-cable-1ft
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    Does anyone know if the hitbox ps3 board is compatible with the brook converter. It's the board that looks like a cthulhu board. I want to get a ps4 and Xbox one converter but not sure if they are compatible.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
  • conradhartconradhart Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 2
    Hi!

Please help me! I bought my brook converter ps3 to ps4 recently for G27 and PS4, specifically for Dirt Rally.

But in the game menu where the controllers are presents, I don't see Steering Wheel controller, I guess it must be G29 wheel or something, I see only Dualshock4 and PS Vita system. My G27 wheel works, but it emulates not the Wheel, it emulates Dualshock4 in this game. I can't tune my G27 for realistic settings, e.g. degree of rotation etc.

• Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 305
    Does anyone know if the hitbox ps3 board is compatible with the brook converter. It's the board that looks like a cthulhu board. I want to get a ps4 and Xbox one converter but not sure if they are compatible.

FYI, Brook converter is not compatible with hitbox PS3 and hitbox XboxONE
    Ok. Then somebody PLEASE tell me, does you PS4 racing game recognize G27 wheel as a G29 wheel?
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 784
    edited May 4
    The product ID for your wheel is embedded within firmware on the wheel's internal PCB. The G27 will not show up as a G29, even with a Brook Converter. It will most likely only emulate gamepad functions found (like you've mentioned) on the Dualshock4. The only way you'll be able to tweak full wheel and pedal options is with a legit G29.
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    conradhart wrote: »
    Ok. Then somebody PLEASE tell me, does you PS4 racing game recognize G27 wheel as a G29 wheel?

The reason your not getting responses is this primarily a fighting game website, and this thread is specific to fightstick and pad compatibility. A quick google search and i found this forum:

http://racinggamesforum.com/

Project Cars seems to work:

and whatever this game is:

Also here's how to get official support from Brook:
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/contact/

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 784
    edited May 4
    @jonyfraze While the G27 will indeed work on PS4 with a Brook Converter, it will may not allow a player to make advanced wheel and pedal tweaks in the game options. I think this is what @conradhart is after.

ffb-advanced.jpg
  • AwakeAwake Joined: Posts: 52
    edited May 5
    EDIT: GOT IT! YAY
    Post edited by Awake on
    edited May 5
    Awake wrote: »
    =)
    edited May 5
    Awake wrote: »

sweet
    jopamo wrote: »
    @jonyfraze While the G27 will indeed work on PS4 with a Brook Converter, it will may not allow a player to make advanced wheel and pedal tweaks in the game options. I think this is what @conradhart is after.

ffb-advanced.jpg

Yes!

But I found out that Cross Hair Converter recognize G27 wheel as a G29 in racing games.

So brook converter for me is a waste of money (
  • Around20PandasAround20Pandas steam: rednecked_crake Joined: Posts: 91
    Bought one of these, having zero issues. I think I prefer this with my current xbox360 (PC) stick, rather than the venom with sanwa parts I was using on PS4 before. If anything, it feels a tiny bit more responsive than the Venom, but that may just be a comfort thing.
    Bought one of these, having zero issues. I think I prefer this with my current xbox360 (PC) stick, rather than the venom with sanwa parts I was using on PS4 before. If anything, it feels a tiny bit more responsive than the Venom, but that may just be a comfort thing.

=)
  • noodallsnoodalls Joined: Posts: 399

The Venom is probably the only stick I would recommend people not buy because of input lag. My finding was that it was on average 10ms slower than the X360-PS4 converter and almost a full frame slower than the Brook UFB.
  • OrlindOrlind Beyond My Fists Joined: Posts: 59
    I've been considering a Brook converter for my PS3 Hori Fighting Edge to my PS4 Pro but I've been reading rumblings that the converters don't fit into the front USB ports all the way. Has anyone confirmed a solution to this that doesn't involve using the back port?
    "Thinking is easy, acting is difficult. And to put one's thoughts into action, the most difficult thing in the world." -Goethe
    Orlind wrote: »
    I've been considering a Brook converter for my PS3 Hori Fighting Edge to my PS4 Pro but I've been reading rumblings that the converters don't fit into the front USB ports all the way. Has anyone confirmed a solution to this that doesn't involve using the back port?

it's true
    you need a usb hub for using the front port
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Andyyyyyyy!! Joined: Posts: 6,147
    edited May 11
    Edit: I think it was an issue on my end. Not sure why, but it appears to be good now.
    Post edited by Doctrine Dark on
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited May 11

@Doctrine Dark
    the white PS3 to PS4 converter?
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,425
    I've been using the white PS3-PS4 converter for a couple of months, when tonight it was suddenly affected by the 8 minute timeout. I hadn't used my PS4 in about 2 weeks (last played April 25) but I know for sure it was fine at that time period. A couple of updates were installed when I first started up the PS4. Could these be related?
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,943
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »
    I've been using the white PS3-PS4 converter for a couple of months, when tonight it was suddenly affected by the 8 minute timeout. I hadn't used my PS4 in about 2 weeks (last played April 25) but I know for sure it was fine at that time period. A couple of updates were installed when I first started up the PS4. Could these be related?

Just update your converter firmware, dude.
  • FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 151
    Hi Brook and Friends!

Question for everyone.

Lately I have been trying to play Samurai Showdown VI, Fu'un Super Combo, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2

all with my PS3 stick using the PS3 to PS4 converter.

When you play PS2 games on PS4 the console sets up the left side of the touchpad to Select and the right side of the touchpad to Start. Because of this I cannot start many old fighting games as my stick does not have a touchpad. Do the Super Converters have any shortcuts to emulate Left/Right Side Touchpad buttons?

Thank you very much.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 97
    Here's the Brook PS3 to PS4 converter.
    Scroll down to Touchpad Emulate:
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17778036/
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for SCVI news; now playin PS3 SCIIHD Online, PS3/4 and arcade Project DIVA Miku gamez.
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 97
    I don't think there's any way to remap the touchpad emulation.
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for SCVI news; now playin PS3 SCIIHD Online, PS3/4 and arcade Project DIVA Miku gamez.
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,425
    gahrling wrote: »

According to this page:

The last firmware update for my converter was from September 2016. I definitely last updated my firmware after that date.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Andyyyyyyy!! Joined: Posts: 6,147
    edited May 11
    @Doctrine Dark

Yeah. Everything seems to be cool now. I'll be sure to keep you up to date if the issue persists.

@ukyo_rulz

Ignore the date. That's the right firmware update.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    @Doctrine Dark

Yeah. Everything seems to be cool now. I'll be sure to keep you up to date if the issue persists.

@ukyo_rulz

Ignore the date. That's the right firmware update.

:)
    ukyo_rulz wrote: »
    gahrling wrote: »

According to this page:

The last firmware update for my converter was from September 2016. I definitely last updated my firmware after that date.

plz keep observing the situation during these days and let me know how often it happens
  • OrlindOrlind Beyond My Fists Joined: Posts: 59

it's true

thanks for the confirmation! would a powered hub be recommended to prevent input lag or is an unpowered hub okay to use?
    "Thinking is easy, acting is difficult. And to put one's thoughts into action, the most difficult thing in the world." -Goethe
  • uzkbwzauzkbwza Joined: Posts: 2
    So i bought the ps3/ps4 converter a couple months ago and the thing was so flimsy it would bend at the slightest touch. Now it doesnt work at all. I am careful with my devices and am a little frustrated at how frail this converter is. is there anything i can do to fix it?

it's true

thanks for the confirmation! would a powered hub be recommended to prevent input lag or is an unpowered hub okay to use?

a powered hub would be good
    edited May 16
    uzkbwza wrote: »
    So i bought the ps3/ps4 converter a couple months ago and the thing was so flimsy it would bend at the slightest touch. Now it doesnt work at all. I am careful with my devices and am a little frustrated at how frail this converter is. is there anything i can do to fix it?

bend at the slightest touch? how?
    which part is bent? got pics?
  • uzkbwzauzkbwza Joined: Posts: 2
    MXsTEMn.jpg

this is what is has looked like since the first time I unplugged it. it seems like it bends under its own weight. I do not believe this is a problem of misuse, as I handle plenty of USB devices daily and I have never had issues like this with anything else.
  • AbevAbev Joined: Posts: 8
    I keep on trying to update my IST Brook board using the PS3/PS4 firmware update (Focus Attack said it's the one to fit with the board), and the update client keeps freezing and crashing. How in the world do I fix this? Having 8-minute timeout issues with my current version. (Updating on Windows 10)
  • zeohizeohi Joined: Posts: 4
    I have a ps4/pc hitbox which I am unable to update the firmware on. tried the vendor (brook) and the actual website (hitbox) firmware updates and i don't get an update button. basically no real sign that i plugged it in while holding the necessary buttons down. anyone able to update on windows 10? or at all?
  • RiderkickerRiderkicker Joined: Posts: 136
    Got my PS2 to PS4 converter today. Updated fine. My DS1 works fine, but the Hori Sindou Pad doesn't and gets stuck. Saving some battery life so it's fine.
    edited May 19
    Got my PS2 to PS4 converter today. Updated fine. My DS1 works fine, but the Hori Sindou Pad doesn't and gets stuck. Saving some battery life so it's fine.

@Riderkicker
    Please confirm your Hori Sindou Pad as this one and Thanks.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172647438913?_mwBanner=1