Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,369
    7 5 0 wrote: »
    Should Teyah's tests on the super converters (and sticks) be disregarded?

There are 3 camps on the topic,
    Those who adamantly support the tests results
    Those who adamantly appose the tests results
    Those who ether don't care, want to ignore or have nothing to do with the test results.

I say take the whole thing with a grain of salt.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 495
    I told Teyah he should include firmware version for Brooks pcbs and converters. He promised he would but it dient look like he kept his word.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    Thx guys. Grain of salt it is.
  • cardwieldercardwielder Joined: Posts: 9
    I just purchased a 360 to PS4 brooks converter and i have 360 MvC madcatz TE stick and i am trying to get in to "update mode" but it isn't working. I connect the fight stick then i follow the button prompts nothing happens. Anybody run into this issue before?
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 355
    I've the same problem of bigs211
    I just purchased a 360 to PS4 brooks converter and i have 360 MvC madcatz TE stick and i am trying to get in to "update mode" but it isn't working. I connect the fight stick then i follow the button prompts nothing happens. Anybody run into this issue before?

what is it shown in Device and Printers now? and what is it while operating?

It says PS4 Wired Gamepad when the converter is plugged in by itself, it does not change when the fightstick is plugged in. Also i found out thru the properties that the guide button is not being recognized thru the converter. The button works fine on my 360.
  • hooynhooyn Joined: Posts: 8
    jellyrajah wrote: »
    Is it possible to update the Brook Converter with a PS4 controller at this time?

Would also like to know! Cant seem to get my hands on a PS3 controller without having to buy a new one.
  • machomanmomachomanmo Joined: Posts: 59
    @jonyfraze please update the start post.
    Qanba Q2 Pro LED is working with the white converter
    Razer Atrox is working with the lime green converter
    Has anyone tested a sega virtua stick high grade yet? I will be getting one of these very soon.

It says PS4 Wired Gamepad when the converter is plugged in by itself, it does not change when the fightstick is plugged in. Also i found out thru the properties that the guide button is not being recognized thru the converter. The button works fine on my 360.

see ur message box
  • ZakkuZakku Joined: Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    I bought a X360/XOne to PS4 adapter and I can't seem to update the firmware. It shows as a PS4 Wired Gamepad on the control panel, I went into settings and all the buttons are working properly.

When opening the .exe file to update it never recognizes any device. I tried unplugging the device, restarting the computer, different USB ports, a different computer and it's never recognized. I ran the program as administrator.

My stick is Street Fighter IV MadCatz TE 1st Edition. Anyone have any clue what's up?

I can also press the home button and start to make the adapter enter update mode, I just can't update.
    Zakku wrote: »
    I bought a X360/XOne to PS4 adapter and I can't seem to update the firmware. It shows as a PS4 Wired Gamepad on the control panel, I went into settings and all the buttons are working properly.

When opening the .exe file to update it never recognizes any device. I tried unplugging the device, restarting the computer, different USB ports, a different computer and it's never recognized. I ran the program as administrator.

My stick is Street Fighter IV MadCatz TE 1st Edition. Anyone have any clue what's up?

I can also press the home button and start to make the adapter enter update mode, I just can't update.

Can it work without firmware update?
    And can you play with it before?
  • RZ4RZ4 Joined: Posts: 1
    I purchased an XBox 360 to PS4 adapter to use with my Street Fighter IV Mad Catz TE 1st Edition arcade stick. I followed the update steps in the manual that came with the firmware download. Unfortunately, when I connect the adapter and arcade stick to my PS4, the adapter fails to light up and be recognized.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    Does the p3/p4 to wiiu adapter work with wii original fighting games (not wiiu) like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus and the SNK fighters released on the original wii console? This was asked weeks ago, and no answer was given.
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/66392028/
  • batssubatssu Joined: Posts: 1
    I just got my xbox360/xbox one to ps4 converter recently and it won't update no matter what I try. Each time when the update is about to finish my computer makes the device disconnected sound and the update will say it failed. I've tried restarting my computer. No difference. I've tried using a different computer to update it. No difference. To make matters worse, now the converter is stuck in update mode so it wont even register any button presses from my fightstick to switch out of update mode. Oh and I'm using a SFIV TE fightstick.
  • freelanderfreelander Joined: Posts: 56
    I use the xbox360 to ps4 converter. Today the 8 minute time-out started. It worked fine yesterday. Was there a ps4 update today?
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch.
    @WonderTonic
    Is it fine?

Hi could I get this fix too I also have the problem.

Thanks
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    edited July 2016
    I also encounter Timouts with PS3 -> PS4 Converter since today. An other member of my community has timeouts with the Universal Fight Board - something must have changed but there wasn't even an official Sony PS4 Firmware Update this time.
    Very strange..
    I wish brook converters tech support was more active...
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Looks like we need a firmware update, for converters and UFB, then?
  • iggyripiggyrip Xbox GT iggyrip Joined: Posts: 5
    I'm having issues with the Qanba Q2 LED 360/xbone to ps4 I've updated the firmware but it won't connect to the ps4 now
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,081
    We are going to look them today morning, please keep in touch.
    Dear Brook players,

We've noticed the disconnection problem, and we are now trying to work things out.
    If there's any clue you think might cause this, please let me know.
    We will come out with solution soon.

Brook Team
    We will release new patch file on website ...
    Please giving our a few time to test and do.

Thanks
    GOGO.Zippy
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,783
    edited July 2016
    Oh good. Gonna download the update for my converters and my UFB soon.

Off topic from the situation: I was testing a friend's TE2 PS4 with the PS3/PS4 to XB1. When playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the XB1, I noticed that I lose inputs when testing Electric Wind God Fist on PS4 mode. Usually my MP button goes out or is delayed after pressing it a half a second before. Sometimes, a direction doesn't come or is late. I also tried it with Paewang Revolution in PS3 mode and still had the issue.

What's also weird is that the converter locks a directional input so my character moves forward or backwards without me controlling them.

I assumed that it was the emulation of the game but I tried the UFB and was getting consistent inputs all the time.

Also tried the setup in Killer Instinct with testing Jago's dragon punch and still having the same results. I don't know how erratic it is but it comes at seemingly random moments.

For sure the converter was updated to latest firmware (non tournament).
    Post edited by The Phantomnaut on
  • freelanderfreelander Joined: Posts: 56
    thanks for the fix
    Oh good. Gonna download the update for my converters and my UFB soon.

Off topic from the situation: I was testing a friend's TE2 PS4 with the PS3/PS4 to XB1. When playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the XB1, I noticed that I lose inputs when testing Electric Wind God Fist on PS4 mode. Usually my MP button goes out or is delayed after pressing it a half a second before. Sometimes, a direction doesn't come or is late. I also tried it with Paewang Revolution in PS3 mode and still had the issue.

What's also weird is that the converter locks a directional input so my character moves forward or backwards without me controlling them.

I assumed that it was the emulation of the game but I tried the UFB and was getting consistent inputs all the time.

Also tried the setup in Killer Instinct and sometimes Jago's dragon punch and having the same results. I don't know how erratic it is but it comes at seemingly random moments.

For sure the converter was updated to latest firmware (non tournament).

@The Phantomnaut
    We will release tournament mode next Monday
    And for those of us who can't get into update mode???

just run the firmware and follow the illustration to do firmware update
    Hi Guys
    Brook released patch files for PS4 series goods on website.
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/

How to update?
    1. Disabled Virus software
    2. Open App file after downloading
    3. Plugged converter without controller in USB port on PC or Mac
    4. (optional) compatibility controller updated. If your converter works well with controller or stick, don't enable it
    5. Click START then waiting

We will release patch file in tournament mode today.

Thanks,

GOGO.Zippy

Haven't had success with doing this, I have returned your email about a week ago with a video a requested.

Haven't had success with doing this, I have returned your email about a week ago with a video a requested.

try the latest firmware, download from the link below

the latest firmware has just released a couple of hours ago
  • TheFightingFishTheFightingFish Joined: Posts: 47
    Thanks for the fast update Brook team. Appreciate it. It's building up some good trust here that the fixes are coming quickly. Also as a side note, I'd not used my converters in a while, and I will say that the firmware update process and instructions are both much better than the old process that I remember doing before.
  • ShinJNShinJN President/COO & Co-Founder of Level Up, LLC, Event & Stream Director/Producer, Old School Tech Talk Joined: Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For the PS2 to PS3/PS4 adapter, is there a way to force the adapter to be in PS3 mode? During EVO, I tried to use the adapter on two SuperGuns and it did not work.
    Jimmy Nguyen
    Level Up, LLC - COO, CFO, CTO, Tech/Production/Stream/Event Director - www.levelup-productions.com, www.levelup-series.com
    The Bear: Wiring Gone Wild - http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/2409761/#Comment_2409761

try the latest firmware, download from the link below

the latest firmware has just released a couple of hours ago

Well I just be able to plug in my stick after the converter updates and start playing?
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    Yes!
    I downloaded the newest file, ran the update and still no dice. I've never been able to get my stick to get into update mode on any of the other previous versions. I have a mad cats xbox 360 TE stick and the 360>ps4 converter, help please!
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,101
    edited July 2016
    Running the update constantly just says "Not Responding" and the program crashes.

Update: Tried to update to an older firmware to get it working again, it is now stuck in update mode but wont detect my controller anymore so I can't exit update mode.

Is there any way to get it out of update mode without a controller?

Edit: Tried to update with the older firmware again, every update goes to 95% and then the converter turns off and tells me the update failed.
    I am currently stuck with the converter stuck in update mode (purple), but it won't detect a controller, and no update will work on it.

Final Edit: Brute forcing it over and over until it worked somehow worked out for me.

Final Edit 2: Pressing the ps button now turns off my controller instantly, so when I try get it out of update mode it turns of the controller. Turning the controller back on makes it go back to update mode.

So I'm stuck at this step. The only update that works is Tournament (Ps3 --> Ps4) 1.7. So I update that, and then when I try the key press to get out of update mode my controller turns off as soon as I hit the ps button.
  • Egan311Egan311 Joined: Posts: 9
    I just updated the firmware on my XBOX 360 to PS4 Converter and I have to say I think you guys are doing a great job. Not only was the new update process simple, you have a Mac version too. Keep up the good work.
    Great Work again Brook works like a charme now. Looking forward to the tournament firmware.
  • trinifella1trinifella1 Joined: Posts: 326
    The response time from you guys is really excellent
    "Foolish Worm"