Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does the new firmware change anything? I won't be home to test for a while. I suspect this has to do with support for the upcoming Hori stick. Will the adapters now be able to communicate over USB? And maybe more importantly, does this mean the universal fighting board could gain Switch functionality?

don't quite understand what you mean
    as for UFB, yes, you can do that, many ppl are discussing here
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/206934/brook-universal-fighting-board-thread#latest

The Wii U adapter connects to the Switch as a wireless controller, correct? So I was just wondering if the new update that allows pro controllers to connect via wired connection would mean the Wii U adapter can do the same thing. I would imagine a possible "tournament mode" could mean that it connected only via wired mode and not Bluetooth. I hope that makes sense.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,031
    Really? I didn't get an answer

1. Will there be a USB Bluetooth Adapter for the Switch that would sync up a Wiimote?

2. Will there be a USB Dongle for the WII U Pro Controller on the Switch?

@KnightWarrior
    PS3/4 to Wii U or X360/X1 to Wii U for the switch

Refer to

• funcfunc Joined: Posts: 5
    edited June 23
    Hi, has anyone tried using the Brook Ps3 to Ps4 converter with a stock OG Ps3 Hori Vlx?

I would think it should work without problems, but it is not listed as one of the compatible devices here: http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17778036/

Instead, the "HORI:Real Arcade Pro. 4 Premium VLX" is listed there, and I would assume that is the newer Kuro or Hayabusa versions of the vlx for Ps4...

I'd like some confirmation from any existing users or from Brook before buying one of these converters. Thanks!

Also, would the touchpad emulation work on a PS3 VLX fightstick if I toggle the input to "rs" from "dp" ? (I'm referring to this section that shows it used with a normal dualshock: http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17778036/#cont4 )
  • DemarchyDemarchy Joined: Posts: 2
    I just bought a ps3/ps4 to wii U converter for my pse madcatz fight stick pro after seeing that it now works with the switch. However I cannot get the stick to pair to the console. I've also installed the latest firmware, the classic one. I can get the converter to start flashing after holding down-back, square, X and L1 but once i go to pair it to the console, nothing happens. I assume i am missing the switch firmware but its not on the site to download. Wondering if anyone can help me with this. Thanks
    Demarchy wrote: »
    I just bought a ps3/ps4 to wii U converter for my pse madcatz fight stick pro after seeing that it now works with the switch. However I cannot get the stick to pair to the console. I've also installed the latest firmware, the classic one. I can get the converter to start flashing after holding down-back, square, X and L1 but once i go to pair it to the console, nothing happens. I assume i am missing the switch firmware but its not on the site to download. Wondering if anyone can help me with this. Thanks

@Demarchy
    Please look your inbox message
  • DemarchyDemarchy Joined: Posts: 2
    Thanks Zippy, works perfect.
  • RenkouRenkou Joined: Posts: 5

I'm also curious on this. My wife purchased the Super USB Adapter For PS3 / PS4 to Wii U Adapter from amazon awhile back and I'm wondering if it's as easy as a firmware update or if i need to rebuy. I been itching to play some ultra sf2 with my fightstick.
    Renkou wrote: »

I'm also curious on this. My wife purchased the Super USB Adapter For PS3 / PS4 to Wii U Adapter from amazon awhile back and I'm wondering if it's as easy as a firmware update or if i need to rebuy. I been itching to play some ultra sf2 with my fightstick.

@Renkou
    Please check your message box.
  • RenkouRenkou Joined: Posts: 5
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@Renkou

Thank you! Also on a side note. I plugged in my tes+ with the adapter to test without upgrading and it worked :-D

@Renkou

Thank you! Also on a side note. I plugged in my tes+ with the adapter to test without upgrading and it worked :-D

@Renkou

@Renkou
    Great..
  • KomaklubKomaklub Joined: Posts: 9
    edited June 25
    Xbox 360/Xbox One to Wii U Super Converter

Is the Switch Edition a firmware upgrade or something as I cannot see anything on the Brook website ?

I want to use my Xbox Elite Controller on the Nintendo Switch !!

This is the converter I hope to order :-

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/brook-xbox-360-xbox-one-to-wii-u-controller-adapter.html

Thanks in advance !!

Hi All Bros

Brook released firmware for the switch

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/Switch/
    Hey, Thanks for such a quick firmware release Brook Team !! :o

I've just ordered an Xbox 360/Xbox One to Wii U Super Converter..

Will check it out A.S.A.P.

Cheers :)
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 906
    edited June 27
    @GOGO.Zippy can you please inform someone on your website team to fix the multiple misspellings of the word Switch ("Swtich") on the following pages?:

http://www.brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html

(misspelled twice on each of the following URLs)
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/94841368/
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/66392028/

Thanks!
    jopamo wrote: »
    @GOGO.Zippy can you please inform someone on your website team to fix the multiple misspellings of the word Switch ("Swtich") on the following pages?:

http://www.brookaccessory.com/Super Converters/list.html

(misspelled twice on each of the following URLs)
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/66392028/

Thanks!

@jopamo
    Fixed and Thanks
    edited June 27
    You are most welcome. I have a question about the PS3/PS4 To Wii U Super Converter.

I know that in order to enable "Pro" controller features, the DS4 controller must be connected to the Super Converter via its rear USB Type A port.
    EN.jpg

However... Can I have the same Pro functionality by connecting a Sony DS4 Wireless Adapter to the Super Converter? I'm referring to the following Sony adapter:
    5589800_sa.jpg

I am already assuming the answer is "No," due to possible undervolting (from daisy chaining two USB-powered adapters to a single USB port on the Wii U). I have this Super Converter on the way from Arcadeshock, but I wanted to check with you before I try this out myself.
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 323
    You are most welcome. I have a question about the PS3/PS4 To Wii U Super Converter.

I know that in order to enable "Pro" controller features, the DS4 controller must be connected to the Super Converter via its rear USB Type A port.
    EN.jpg

However... Can I have the same Pro functionality by connecting a Sony DS4 Wireless Adapter to the Super Converter? I'm referring to the following Sony adapter:
    5589800_sa.jpg

I am already assuming the answer is "No," due to possible undervolting (from daisy chaining two USB-powered adapters to a single USB port on the Wii U). I have this Super Converter on the way from Arcadeshock, but I wanted to check with you before I try this out myself.

no, it doesn't work/
    the controller still needs to be wired
  • AndrwAndrw Joined: Posts: 11
    I received my Xbox 360/Xbox One to Wii U converter in the mail today and updated it to the Switch firmware, but I still cant get my Switch to recognize any of my arcade sticks. Any suggestions?
  • shaneinsaneshaneinsane Joined: Posts: 1
    After contacting Brooks support through the RMA I got a email from Victor Ou Yang, who asked me the basic FAQ questions if I had the latest firmware etc. After contacting him back I haven't heard from brooks in over a week. My issue has still not been resolved I can't get my Xbox one POWER A Wired Mini Controller to work with my xbox 360/xbox one to ps4 adapter even after doing everything that was suggested and more. I tested a regular xbox one controller that works. Do I just have a faulty adapter?
    Andrw wrote: »
    I received my Xbox 360/Xbox One to Wii U converter in the mail today and updated it to the Switch firmware, but I still cant get my Switch to recognize any of my arcade sticks. Any suggestions?

@Andrw
    Please follow those steps.to connect and pair on the switch

• matchday10matchday10 Joined: Posts: 2
    edited June 30
    hi, i have bought the brook super converter ps3 to ps4 the white one to play with a dualshock 3, the problem is, when i turn on a dualshock 4 the dualshock 3 turns off, so i can't play with other person; can you play with a dualshock 4 and a dualshock 3 or not?
    matchday10 wrote: »
    hi, i have bought the brook super converter ps3 to ps4 the white one to play with a dualshock 3, the problem is, when i turn on a dualshock 4 the dualshock 3 turns off, so i can't play with other person; can you play with a dualshock 4 and a dualshock 3 or not?
    @matchday10
    Yes, they can play together.
  • matchday10matchday10 Joined: Posts: 2
    thanks, how can i do that? i don't know what is the problem, why i can't play with the two controllers at the same time..
  • KaedeKaede Joined: Posts: 12
    edited July 1
    Using the PS2->PS4 adapter, I am experiencing disconnects after just a few minutes of gaming. Please note that in my PS4 settings, I have set "Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off" to "After 10 minutes", this is to save Dualshock batteries (when I did use Dualshock instead of my PS2 arcade stick).

Do I need to update the adapter firmware ? The adapter is new, I have just received it.

edit: "1. Fix 8 minutes time out problem for PS4 V3.55" (source: firmware update changelog), hmm, that sounds quite like what my adapter is doing. Maybe my adapter just come from an old batch with older firmware ?
    Post edited by Kaede on
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kaede wrote: »
    Using the PS2->PS4 adapter, I am experiencing disconnects after just a few minutes of gaming. Please note that in my PS4 settings, I have set "Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off" to "After 10 minutes", this is to save Dualshock batteries (when I did use Dualshock instead of my PS2 arcade stick).

Do I need to update the adapter firmware ? The adapter is new, I have just received it.

edit: "1. Fix 8 minutes time out problem for PS4 V3.55" (source: firmware update changelog), hmm, that sounds quite like what my adapter is doing. Maybe my adapter just come from an old batch with older firmware ?

It's not usual for products to arrive with the latest firmware, in my experience... Your firmware definitely needs to be updated to fix what you described. :)
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • rjmajor323rjmajor323 Guitar God Joined: Posts: 44

Im running into this same goddamn issue. Updated the firmware successfully twice now, tried both USB ports and nothing. I can get the thing to flash with my PS4 controller, I get no response from my Madcatz TE2 at all. No connection, no sync, no nothing.
    matchday10 wrote: »
    thanks, how can i do that? i don't know what is the problem, why i can't play with the two controllers at the same time..

try to use a usb hub
    rjmajor323 wrote: »

Im running into this same goddamn issue. Updated the firmware successfully twice now, tried both USB ports and nothing. I can get the thing to flash with my PS4 controller, I get no response from my Madcatz TE2 at all. No connection, no sync, no nothing.

it's here on the website to download
  • KlitzKlitz Joined: Posts: 27
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed already but couldn't find it anywhere on here. After updating the firmware for the 360 to PS4 adapter and successfully using a SF x T fightstick pro and a pdp marvel vs Capcom 3 pad on my PS4, I can't get my Madcatz SF 4 Sagat fightpad to work. The player 1 light goes on but doesn't register any inputs. Would greatly appreciate any info on this as it's driving me crazy!! Haha thanks!!
    edited July 4
    Is the latest Switch-oriented firmware for the PS3/4 to Wii U Converter (wireless ready model) ONLY for use with the Switch? Could I install the Switch firmware and use it for the Wii U and Switch?

I ask, as I received my converter yesterday, and the converter lights up when connected to my Wii U. It's also recognized by my PC (to have firmware updated). However, it doesn't in any way recognize my PS4 controller when connected with a known-good USB data cable. Would updating to the Switch firmware help resolve this?

NOTE: I attempted to connect the converter to my controller using the Wii U Pro firmware, and then also the newer Classic firmware. I still get no response from the PS4 controller that it is recognized. I've read the manual and read the support documentation on your site, and nothing is helping. Ideas?
    Is the latest Switch-oriented firmware for the PS3/4 to Wii U Converter (wireless ready model) ONLY for use with the Switch? Could I install the Switch firmware and use it for the Wii U and Switch?

I ask, as I received my converter yesterday, and the converter lights up when connected to my Wii U. It's also recognized by my PC (to have firmware updated). However, it doesn't in any way recognize my PS4 controller when connected with a known-good USB data cable. Would updating to the Switch firmware help resolve this?

NOTE: I attempted to connect the converter to my controller by using with the Wii U Pro firmware, and then also the newer Classic firmware. I still get no response from the PS4 controller that it is recognized. I've read the manual and read the support documentation on your site, and nothing is helping. Ideas?

1. yes, it's just for Switch
    2. which controller? it can be compatibility issue.
    Klitz wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has been discussed already but couldn't find it anywhere on here. After updating the firmware for the 360 to PS4 adapter and successfully using a SF x T fightstick pro and a pdp marvel vs Capcom 3 pad on my PS4, I can't get my Madcatz SF 4 Sagat fightpad to work. The player 1 light goes on but doesn't register any inputs. Would greatly appreciate any info on this as it's driving me crazy!! Haha thanks!!

it seems to be not compatible...
  • KlitzKlitz Joined: Posts: 27
    edited July 4
    Nvm, got my answer thru email. Thank u :)
    Post edited by Klitz on
    edited July 4
    which controller? it can be compatibility issue.

The latest model of DualShock 4 for PS4.
    5580915_sd.jpg
  • jasiusjasius Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 4
    I'm thinking of buying the Dark Green Xbox 360/Xbox One to PS4 adapter, to use with Injustice 2 and Rainbow Six Siege, there aren't many reliable reviews out there, has anyone had a good time with their Xbox Elite controller on a PS4 with Rainbow Six Siege?

Also I have a Hori Xbox360 Fighting Stick EX 2, I know it's not ideal for Injustice but for my purposes it'll do.
    Is this stick compatible with the adapter?

Canada is getting ripped off hard on the price of this, currently the Dark Green converter is $80, I'm not sure if it's worth that.
    I cannot get the Switch to work with the new Hori Real Arcade Pro. N Hayabusa. I can play just fine with the Dual Shock and the Hori Real Arcade Pro N3-SA for PS3. If you can make the next version of the firmware compatible with the Pro. N, I would be very happy. Thanks!
    I cannot get the Switch to work with the new Hori Real Arcade Pro. N Hayabusa. I can play just fine with the Dual Shock and the Hori Real Arcade Pro N3-SA for PS3. If you can make the next version of the firmware compatible with the Pro. N, I would be very happy. Thanks!

@Hustle Kong
    Please set in PS3 mode to try
    @GOGO.Zippy

Of course I did not think to try that. It works in PS3 mode! :)
    So I've been testing the 360/X1 to Wii U converter running the SWITCH firmware and using my Xbox Elite Controller.

The SWITCH picks up the controller and I've been playing Zelda but the Analog Sticks are not working correctly.

Have a look at this Youtube video from 7.20mins onwards and you will see the problem.

It may still be o.k for some games but certainly not ZELDA as you cannot aim the bow properly or move around stealthily e.t.c..

Can this issue be resolved with a firmware update or would a SWITCH specific converter be required ?

which controller? it can be compatibility issue.

The latest model of DualShock 4 for PS4.
    5580915_sd.jpg

try to do firmware update
  • NoxidLyrradNoxidLyrrad Joined: Posts: 4
    I posted on Reddit about this but I don't believe it's an isolated issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6hlap8/game_lags_when_ps4_brook_super_converter_is/

Recently I've been having some issues with stuttering. This is somehow related to my PS3 to PS4 Brook Super Converter being plugged in. When it's plugged in the game stutters and it constantly telling me to press start to continue, what happens when a controller is (un)plugged.
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with a recent patch or because I recently tried to use the Steam controller feature.
    The converter is recognized as a PS4 controller.
    I made a quick recording so you can see what I'm talking about: https://gfycat.com/VeneratedInfatuatedApatosaur
    As you can see, the game runs fine, until I plug in the controller. When I do it starts moving around on it's own. I actually didn't turn on my PS3 controller until the message came up about connecting a controller (ironically). It doesn't fit in this gif/video but the stuttering stops once I remove the device.
    I didn't have issues until I did the Steam controller configuration. Now I'm not sure how to undo it all.

Here's a better video of what's going on: http://plays.tv/video/5946fcd9944ae53e01/controller-be-buggin-halp

This happens with and without XOutput running.
  • RiderkickerRiderkicker Joined: Posts: 139
    edited July 6
    I just got in my PS3/PS4 Super Converter. It does not work on my Street Fighter IV SE Stick. It works on the Hori Fighting Stick V3, however I get some kind of jumpiness in the windows game controller configuration menu. I hope the next firmware will fix it.

Works fine with the DS3 controller.
  • moses14moses14 "He's not getting up" Joined: Posts: 592
    xbox360>ps4

I havent used this in bit so i was not sure if to update it with the new 2017 firmware. I did update it and now it is not working. What should i do?
  • ShinMagusShinMagus Joined: Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn. Update it again, possibly using a different USB port or PC? Hmm...
    Magus
    12000 B.C. - Dark Ages
    "The black wind begins to blow..."
    "Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper."
  • MonokerosMonokeros Joined: Posts: 135
    I posted on Reddit about this but I don't believe it's an isolated issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6hlap8/game_lags_when_ps4_brook_super_converter_is/

Recently I've been having some issues with stuttering. This is somehow related to my PS3 to PS4 Brook Super Converter being plugged in. When it's plugged in the game stutters and it constantly telling me to press start to continue, what happens when a controller is (un)plugged.
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with a recent patch or because I recently tried to use the Steam controller feature.
    I made a quick recording so you can see what I'm talking about: https://gfycat.com/VeneratedInfatuatedApatosaur
    As you can see, the game runs fine, until I plug in the controller. When I do it starts moving around on it's own. I actually didn't turn on my PS3 controller until the message came up about connecting a controller (ironically). It doesn't fit in this gif/video but the stuttering stops once I remove the device.
    I didn't have issues until I did the Steam controller configuration. Now I'm not sure how to undo it all.

Here's a better video of what's going on: http://plays.tv/video/5946fcd9944ae53e01/controller-be-buggin-halp

I'm having the same problem with my PS3 to PS4 Brooks Converter on my PC as well. I haven't been able to recreate this error on any of my friends PCs, one using Windows 7 and the other using Windows 10.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6m2jry/brooks_ps3_to_ps4_converter_causing_huge_frame/

Here is a video of the error happening when I plug in the converter+controller:

What's really strange is the converter even sends its "own" inputs without a controller plugged in the instant before the game realizes there isn't one plugged in. And then when the converter+controller are plugged in it causes frame drops and performs its own inputs.
    Monokeros wrote: »

I'm having the same problem with my PS3 to PS4 Brooks Converter on my PC as well. I haven't been able to recreate this error on any of my friends PCs, one using Windows 7 and the other using Windows 10.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6m2jry/brooks_ps3_to_ps4_converter_causing_huge_frame/

What's really strange is the converter even sends its "own" inputs without a controller plugged in the instant before the game realizes there isn't one plugged in. And then when the converter+controller are plugged in it causes frame drops and performs its own inputs.

@NoxidLyrrad @Monokeros
    I saw your controller outputs inputting data from two analog stick when it doesn't moving.

I think we can fix this issue.

Do you have a fight stick to connect/plug in brook converter to try?
  • MonokerosMonokeros Joined: Posts: 135

@NoxidLyrrad @Monokeros
    I saw your controller outputs inputting data from two analog stick when it doesn't moving.

yes I do, what do I need to do?
  • NoxidLyrradNoxidLyrrad Joined: Posts: 4

@NoxidLyrrad @Monokeros

Yes, my fightstick my primary controller of use. Having it in or out doesn't change what happens when the other controller is plugged in.
    Also, the converter works just fine with my PS3.