Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 265
    i just got my xbox360 to ps4 brooks converter and im trying to update the firmware on mac.

is there a step by step guide update this??
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,040
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find a specific answer to the question so I'll ask it here.

Is there a Brook converter that is PS3/PS4 to Xbox 360? I'm looking to use me TE2 fightstick for 3rd strike on 360.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/arcade-hardware/products/brook-converter-various-configurations

Make sure to select the one you want from the drop down menu.

@ikuzeexodia @digitalghost445
    Limited version at EVO2016

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/brook-super-converters/1796-ps3ps4-to-xbox-360-super-converter.html?search_query=brook&results=23
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 332
    edited July 26
    To many pages to go through in this thread, but do sega saturn USB controllers work with the PS3, to ps4 convertor? I dont see it listed as if it works or not on the website itself. Thanks

not sure about this...
    I don't know if I'm posting in the right place. I just bought a Xbox one controller to PS4 converter. I want to use my Xbox controller and I know voice chat doesn't work but my question is, I have Astro A40 headsets that are plugged into the PS4 via USB and optical audio with a mixamp. Will still be able to voice chat since I'm not plugging into my controller? Please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place and where I should post if so. Thanks for any replies.

yes, it works in that way
  • freakysheikhfreakysheikh Joined: Posts: 8

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place. I just bought a Xbox one controller to PS4 converter. I want to use my Xbox controller and I know voice chat doesn't work but my question is, I have Astro A40 headsets that are plugged into the PS4 via USB and optical audio with a mixamp. Will still be able to voice chat since I'm not plugging into my controller? Please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place and where I should post if so. Thanks for any replies.

yes, it works in that way

Thanks so much for the reply!

• C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 736
    To many pages to go through in this thread, but do sega saturn USB controllers work with the PS3, to ps4 convertor? I dont see it listed as if it works or not on the website itself. Thanks

No, it doesn't work, the controller doesn't have a button that can be used as the home button

• dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

not sure about this...

man youd think someone would have tried this, sega saturn pads are pretty famous so... I dunno dropping 50 bucks on something wtih out knowing if it works or not is a pretty expensive experiment.
  • RiderkickerRiderkicker Joined: Posts: 145
    edited July 27
    Hori Pad 3 Pro confirmed to be working with the PS3/PS4 to PS2 adapter, even with analog triggers. Still waiting for the Hori V3.
  • VelinosVelinos Joined: Posts: 5
    Brook PS3/PS4 board confirmed to work with the PS3 to Xbox 360 adapter. Still cannot get the adapter to work with my Madcatz Street Fighter 4 SE joystick. I remember hearing that the issue with getting that joystick to work on PC is that you need a certain, older USB board. Is this the same issue here?
    So i just received my xbox1 to ps4 adapter today but for some reason it wouldnt work in the front 2 usb ports on the playstation. i had to plug it into the back port. Anyone else have this issue or know a way to fix that? Its not a big deal i just liked having my headset plugged in the back and wanted to use the front for my controller.
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I’ve definitely used my 360/XBone adapter on my PS4 in the front. Dumb question but are you sure it was all the way in? It’s slighlty taller than the space the PS4 has, so you have to push it in good. It’s why I use an extension cable usually.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
    So i just received my xbox1 to ps4 adapter today but for some reason it wouldnt work in the front 2 usb ports on the playstation. i had to plug it into the back port. Anyone else have this issue or know a way to fix that? Its not a big deal i just liked having my headset plugged in the back and wanted to use the front for my controller.

If yours is a PS4 pro, I remember hearing that the only way to get the adapter to work with the USB ports on the front is to use a USB hub. But that was back when the PS4 pro was released, not sure about now,

Brook, I got your message and downloaded the firmware. I am still getting the same problems with the Hori V3. I put the switch to Dpad, so POV, all buttons work. However, my main problem with the device was the ghost inputs from the left and right sticks, seen on the Device Manager. Thanks for your help anyway, but I will investigate further. I read elsewhere that this is a tricky controller.
    It works great with my other controllers as I have said.
    C-Sword wrote: »

If yours is a PS4 pro, I remember hearing that the only way to get the adapter to work with the USB ports on the front is to use a USB hub. But that was back when the PS4 pro was released, not sure about now,

If that’s all it is than I’m really too worried about it. I was just wondering if I did something wrong. I tested it on 2 PS4 pros and it was the same issue. I contacted the seller to see if they had any ideas. Like I said not a huge deal just curious. Thank for the reply

you are using PS4 Pro, aren't you?
    you need a hub to plug to the front port
    due to the new design of the shell, the converter cannot be plugged to the front port totally

you are using PS4 Pro, aren't you?
    you need a hub to plug to the front port
    due to the new design of the shell, the converter cannot be plugged to the front port totally

Yeah I'm on the Pro. It's not a big deal. Works great by the way.
  • SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 205
    Hi, is there anyway to turn off vibration for Switch on the PS3/PS4 to Wii converter?
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,471
    Samuelio wrote: »
    Hi, is there anyway to turn off vibration for Switch on the PS3/PS4 to Wii converter?

You can turn off Vibration in the Switch's system settings,
    It is under Controllers and Sensors.

97JrcK9.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • InsanityInsanity Joined: Posts: 2
    edited August 2
    @Brook_Engineer

Hi, I have a problem with xone to ps4 converter. Today I have updated the ps4 at 4.73 firmware with the converter plugged on (before the update the converter was working fine) and after the update the converter stopped working, no light lights up when plugged on ps4 or even on the PC. Can you help me please? Thanks.
  • SunBroDaveSunBroDave Joined: Posts: 3
    @Brook_Engineer @GOGO.Zippy

I see that there's now a dedicated Xbox->Switch converter listed on the site.. Does this adapter fix the analog sticks problems mentioned in this post:
    Komaklub wrote: »
    So I've been testing the 360/X1 to Wii U converter running the SWITCH firmware and using my Xbox Elite Controller.

The SWITCH picks up the controller and I've been playing Zelda but the Analog Sticks are not working correctly.

Have a look at this Youtube video from 7.20mins onwards and you will see the problem.

If it does, does that mean that a firmware update for Xbox->Wii U adapters also contains the fix? Or does the Xbox->Switch adapter have the same problem?
    Insanity wrote: »
    @Brook_Engineer

Hi, I have a problem with xone to ps4 converter. Today I have updated the ps4 at 4.73 firmware with the converter plugged on (before the update the converter was working fine) and after the update the converter stopped working, no light lights up when plugged on ps4 or even on the PC. Can you help me please? Thanks.

Really? I have the same converter and I turned on my PS4 after the update to see if id have any problems and so far everything seems normal. Curious to see if there will be any updates put out.
    @Brook_Engineer

Really? I have the same converter and I turned on my PS4 after the update to see if id have any problems and so far everything seems normal. Curious to see if there will be any updates put out.

@freakysheikh
    Brook Converter is working well on V4.73 without updating file.
    SunBroDave wrote: »
    @Brook_Engineer @GOGO.Zippy

I see that there's now a dedicated Xbox->Switch converter listed on the site.. Does this adapter fix the analog sticks problems mentioned in this post:
    Komaklub wrote: »
    So I've been testing the 360/X1 to Wii U converter running the SWITCH firmware and using my Xbox Elite Controller.

The SWITCH picks up the controller and I've been playing Zelda but the Analog Sticks are not working correctly.

Have a look at this Youtube video from 7.20mins onwards and you will see the problem.

If it does, does that mean that a firmware update for Xbox->Wii U adapters also contains the fix? Or does the Xbox->Switch adapter have the same problem?

@SunBroDave
    We will release file on Brook website tomorrow
    Please keep in touch.
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    @Brook_Engineer

@freakysheikh

@GOGO.Zippy Yea i know. I just played for about 30 minutes to see how the controls felt and everything felt fine after the update for me. Not sure why it stopped working for the other guy.
    @Brook_Engineer

so the converter was plugged to PS4 when you updated PS4 OS? was there a controller plugged to the converter then?

on PC, you can go to Devices and Printers to see if your PC recognizes the device as a P4 wired gamepad or HID transfer, if you see nothing, then the converter should be broken...

Will there be a converter for Switch Controllers to PS4 one day?
    Will there be a converter for Switch Controllers to PS4 one day?

Don't the Switch pro controller have the same layout as the Xbox controllers?
    Or are we looking into stuff like the Pokken controller?
  • SunBroDaveSunBroDave Joined: Posts: 3
    @SunBroDave
    We will release file on Brook website tomorrow
    Please keep in touch.
    @GOGO.Zippy
    Updated the firmware on my Xbox->Wii U Converter and now everything works great using it with the Switch! Thanks for the quick turnaround and great customer support!
  • stormdetonationstormdetonation CFN: nexoninja Joined: Posts: 343

Perfect. That's what I came to ask before applying the update.
  • samurai10000samurai10000 Joined: Posts: 229
    I got a bunch of the Brook PS3/PS4 to PS2 Converters and I love them they work perfect. Brook is the best and I really appreciate them for the great work they do.

I need to get some PS3/PS4 to XBOX 360 Super Converters and I am hearing that they are not working for some, something about not being firmware upgradable. I know Arcade Shock and Paradise both have them. Anyone have info on this ?
  • pakistexican88xpakistexican88x Joined: Posts: 132
    I bought 2 PS3/4 to PS2 converters, and they both worked fine at first, but after updating the firmware, they just stopped working. The DS4 connects to the converter both wired and wirelessly, but the PS2 won't recognize any inputs. Anyone know what's up?
  • SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 205
    Darksakul wrote: »

97JrcK9.jpg

This didn't work for my PS4 controller, I'm still getting loud vibration from my PS4 controller in Splatoon 2
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653

97JrcK9.jpg

This didn't work for my PS4 controller, I'm still getting loud vibration from my PS4 controller in Splatoon 2

@Samuelio
    New file outputs low motor in half power.
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/Switch/
    I got a bunch of the Brook PS3/PS4 to PS2 Converters and I love them they work perfect. Brook is the best and I really appreciate them for the great work they do.

I need to get some PS3/PS4 to XBOX 360 Super Converters and I am hearing that they are not working for some, something about not being firmware upgradable. I know Arcade Shock and Paradise both have them. Anyone have info on this ?

@samurai10000
    Because PS3 to Xbox360 can't update via USB, so that we phased out and stopped to support.
    I bought 2 PS3/4 to PS2 converters, and they both worked fine at first, but after updating the firmware, they just stopped working. The DS4 connects to the converter both wired and wirelessly, but the PS2 won't recognize any inputs. Anyone know what's up?

@pakistexican88x
    Please update again or download it from
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5hfa0qtfb2xqxl/PS3&PS4 to PS2 Converter_V11_20170726_Online.zip?dl=0
  • UbersaurusUbersaurus RIP Kinn "ROBOTRON" Joined: Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hi, I've got a pair of PS3/4 to Neo Geo converters, and they seem to work well with most types of sticks at our local monthly events. One guy has a Qanba stick that it doesn't seem to recognize though - is there a general compatibility update on the way?
    When someone asks if you're a god...say yes
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,004
    Brook UFB connected to Brook super converter wouldn't have any issues would it? (UFB to WiiU converter)
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    .Guy. wrote: »
    Brook UFB connected to Brook super converter wouldn't have any issues would it? (UFB to WiiU converter)

A Brook plugged into a Brook?
    You create a quantum singularity and space will fold-into it self.

Actually It should be fine.

What is it you want to accomplish?
  • .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 2,004
    edited August 7
    .Guy. wrote: »

A Brook plugged into a Brook?
    You create a quantum singularity and space will fold-into it self.

Actually It should be fine.

What is it you want to accomplish?

I was going to put a Cthulu in my hitbox alongside the UFB for Gamecube functionality but I want a temporary solution until later. As far as I know the WiiU converter turns it into a pro controller, right?
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • pakistexican88xpakistexican88x Joined: Posts: 132

@pakistexican88x
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5hfa0qtfb2xqxl/PS3&PS4 to PS2 Converter_V11_20170726_Online.zip?dl=0

I've downloaded and tried the update (both the one from Brook's website and the one you linked) multiple times. Still no luck.

Some more detail
    When I first tried to update, it didn't seem like the converter would power on when I connected it to my computer, as the light wasn't on and my PC wouldn't recognize that anything was plugged in
    I tried 2 methods:
    1. Move the switch to "XID" and hold the button on the converter while plugging it into the computer to put it in update mode
    2. Plug it into the PS2 (switch to "PS2") and power on the PS2 while holding the button
  • voyagervoyager Joined: Posts: 21
    Does brook super converter works on zerodelay pcb? Anyone tried to test it?
    maybe we can get together and build a birdhouse or something
    voyager wrote: »

@voyager
    It's sorry.. Not support
  • voyagervoyager Joined: Posts: 21
    voyager wrote: »

@voyager
    It's sorry.. Not support

Too bad...
    maybe we can get together and build a birdhouse or something
  • noddynoddy Joined: Posts: 64
    edited August 7
    Hey I just bought my THIRD brook converter.
    Should arrive tomorrow, a PS3/PS4 to Xbox one.

My question is can I daisy link converters e.g. Plug my Xbox 360 to PS4 converter into the PS3/PS4 To Xbox one to get my 360 stick to work on Xbox one?

Does that make sense. Will it work? Will having two converters cause more lag???
    noddy wrote: »
    Hey I just bought my THIRD brook converter.
    Should arrive tomorrow, a PS3/PS4 to Xbox one.

My question is can I daisy link converters e.g. Plug my Xbox 360 to PS4 converter into the PS3/PS4 To Xbox one to get my 360 stick to work on Xbox one?

Does that make sense. Will it work? Will having two converters cause more lag???

It will most likely work, the extra weight might damage your usb port though, just get a 360 to X1 adapter.

@pakistexican88x

I've downloaded and tried the update (both the one from Brook's website and the one you linked) multiple times. Still no luck.

Some more detail
    When I first tried to update, it didn't seem like the converter would power on when I connected it to my computer, as the light wasn't on and my PC wouldn't recognize that anything was plugged in
    I tried 2 methods:
    1. Move the switch to "XID" and hold the button on the converter while plugging it into the computer to put it in update mode
    2. Plug it into the PS2 (switch to "PS2") and power on the PS2 while holding the button

what is the game you are playing?
    you can move the switch to "XID" and then test the button functionality in Devices and Printers on PC.
    if it works, then the problem should be the game...
  • ikuzeexodiaikuzeexodia Cloudius Joined: Posts: 82
    Just tried the beta version of PS3/PS4 to PS2 converter. I used it with the Dreamcast EMS adapter. It works like a dream now. No lag (at least I didn't notice) playing CVS2. I used a Universal Brook pcb in this setup.

This folks at Brook are amazing. They brought the same PS2 to Dreamcast Adapter to make it compatible.

I still need to test it with 2 of the same converter is attached to the Dreamcast. So far though, it looks good.
  • POPSKNZPOPSKNZ Joined: Posts: 43
    This might have been answered in the past but I have a PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 converter and was wondering if this will work with a MC Cthulhu? I plan on grounding the Home button since I don't plan on drilling a hole for an old TE1 stick I'm updating. Thanks!
    POPSKNZ wrote: »
    This might have been answered in the past but I have a PS3/PS4 to PS3/PS4 converter and was wondering if this will work with a MC Cthulhu? I plan on grounding the Home button since I don't plan on drilling a hole for an old TE1 stick I'm updating. Thanks!

@POPSKNZ
    Please look at this link

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/33917374/

SRK TOODLE:Toodles Cthulhu Multi-Console PCB..it's working
  • POPSKNZPOPSKNZ Joined: Posts: 43
    Thank you!