Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,081
    Ibaids wrote: »
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

Thanks Guys
    I don't have MC board to test. but I modified some firmware to improve compatibility issue.

I have ordered a MC board. I'm waiting it..

If you helped me to test, I could offered new version firmware to you, it's non-released version.

Thanks..
    Zippy

Sure, I would be more than happy to help you test. Just let me know what I need to do.

Hi lbaids
    Do you update new firmware ?
    I'd like to hear good news from you.
    Hi Guys
    Good News ...

PS360+ official page : https://www.akishop.jp/pcbs-accessories/330-brook-converter.html##
    They started selling BROOK Converter, and will release new firmware coming soon for BROOK Converter.
  • Letram ChiLetram Chi Only for Pro Joined: Posts: 109 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 2015
    What converter need firmware update?
    Letram Chi - FighterChile
    Youtube.com/LetramChi
    https://www.facebook.com/FighterChile/
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 744
    edited September 2015
    Letram Chi wrote: »

The white one (PS3 to PS4), it just to add full compatibility with PS360 chips, that's what they're trying to achieve.

C-Sword wrote: »
    Letram Chi wrote: »

The white one (PS3 to PS4), it just to add full compatibility with PS360 chips, that's what they're trying to achieve.

Thanks
    Youtube.com/LetramChi
  • WinterMuteWinterMute Joined: Posts: 5
    Anyone tried with a Joytron Paewang Revolution stick?
    WinterMute wrote: »

I ordered this stick that supports XBOX360/PS3/PC to test.
    When I tested completely, I did a report to all.

Zippy
  • WinterMuteWinterMute Joined: Posts: 5
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    WinterMute wrote: »

I ordered this stick that supports XBOX360/PS3/PC to test.
    When I tested completely, I did a report to all.

Zippy
    I would be extremely grateful, thanks.
  • VirtualCosmicVirtualCosmic Joined: Posts: 165
    edited September 2015
    I tested the ps3/ps4 converter with my etokki omni korean edition ver. 2 which uses a paewang pcb and it worked perfect. For those wondering, ps360+ pcb's and mc chthulu pcb's will work on ps4 with the ps2/ps4 converter but you have to have a rj-45 connection on the stick and be using a ps2 to rj-45 cable. The only downside to this is that you have to use the home button on the ps2 converter but it does fix the issue with using the older ps360+ model that has the multi button input issues with the 360/ps4 converter since you are running the ps360+ in ps2 mode instead of 360 mode.
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    Odd question, but has anyone tried the PS360+ with the forced BC mode (not PS3, PS4 modes)? Cerberus actually sports BC compatibility too so I'd like to know, I don't have one of these so I can't do my own testing/trial.

That actually goes with the MCC too, using it's forced BC mode that comes up as a HRAP
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • loomerloomer Joined: Posts: 32
    Any idea if these will be tournament legal? Has anyone done testing?
    *Mashes Soul Satellite*
    USF4-Rose/Juri/Hugo
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 551
    Hey guys I'm testing an updated firmware tomorrow that zippy just sent over that might resolve the PS3 ps360+ connection issue.. Will update my findings soon..
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • beat_beastbeat_beast Doorya Joined: Posts: 66
    @loomer alex valle says it´s still banned like in SCR15
  • beat_beastbeat_beast Doorya Joined: Posts: 66
    asked him 3 days ago
    Odd question, but has anyone tried the PS360+ with the forced BC mode (not PS3, PS4 modes)? Cerberus actually sports BC compatibility too so I'd like to know, I don't have one of these so I can't do my own testing/trial.

That actually goes with the MCC too, using it's forced BC mode that comes up as a HRAP

@Phreakazoid what's the command for the mode? I'll try it next time I do testing..
    www.jonyfraze.com

Thanks all guys for giving more experience.
    I will keep improving compatible issue in future.
    Hi @GOGO.Zippy

I update the firmware but dont work. :(
    PS360+ mode PS3 and mode PS3 Backwards Compability.

Waiting new firmware for testing
    Youtube.com/LetramChi
    edited September 2015
    Few Updates:

1) tested out V13 of the WHITE P3-P4 firmware. PS360+ in PS3 mode still not working. HOWEVER the TOODLES CTHULHU is now working!
    2) Sending out a PS360+ to @GOGO.Zippy so he can finally figure out why it wont connect in PS3 mode!
    3) Working on a basic lag test - will post soon.
    4) Refreshed the 1st post and made it much simpler. It now lists compatibility based on the console. Keep the info coming guys I'll keep it up to date as we test more sticks / pads / pcbs.
    www.jonyfraze.com

gekkekoe wrote: »
    @GOGO.Zippy Can't you guys make an extension board for the ps360+ to deal with the 8 min timeout? It would sell like hot cakes...

or just make a new board altogether =)
    www.jonyfraze.com

• Berserk1Berserk1 Joined: Posts: 113
    Was it ever specified which one of the zero delay boards this now supports?
    edited September 2015
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=L4rlLYE-e20

Whipped up this quick lag test for you guys... enjoy..
    www.jonyfraze.com

• gekkekoegekkekoe Joined: Posts: 42
    edited September 2015
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @GOGO.Zippy Can't you guys make an extension board for the ps360+ to deal with the 8 min timeout? It would sell like hot cakes...

+1 even better... competition is good. still no info from akishop.

regarding your lag test. You're recording at 60 frames a seconds. So one frame equals 1/60 of a second (16.67ms). Recording at 60 FPS will only give you "accuracy" of 16.67ms. Using 10 sample points is also a bit "low", the variance is 0.177 (=0.421 standard deviation) frames(ps3-ps4 column). So your 0.7 frame difference could be +- 0.421 frames off, which (could) make it 1 frame of lag.
    (man I suck at statistics, If i remember correctly it works like that)

Can you try to do 120FPS and with more samples like the other lag tests? (http://www.displaylag.com/console-latency-exploring-video-game-input-lag/)

edited September 2015

regarding your lag test. You're recording at 60 frames a seconds. So one frame equals 1/60 of a second (16.67ms). Recording at 60 FPS will only give you "accuracy" of 16.67ms. Using 10 sample points is also a bit "low", the variance is 0.177 (=0.421 standard deviation) frames(ps3-ps4 column). So your 0.7 frame difference could be +- 0.421 frames off, which (could) make it 1 frame of lag.

Can you try to do 120FPS and with more samples like the other lag tests? (http://www.displaylag.com/console-latency-exploring-video-game-input-lag/)

hey @gekkekoe - thanks for the feedback. unfortunately i dont have a way to shoot 120fps. either way 1 frame @ 60fps should = 0.06ms (not 16.67ms). For an adapter, this is still exceptionally good. according to @Teyah 's tests some of the native PS4 sticks/pads have way more lag than this.
    www.jonyfraze.com

Hi Guys
    To follow PS3/PS4 3rd party spec, PS3/PS4 stick data rates are 4ms to 10ms, every brand have different..So the converters read and do some process to respond PS4. The total lag time maybe spend 20ms to respond on PS4.
    Share to all...

hey @gekkekoe - thanks for the feedback. unfortunately i dont have a way to shoot 120fps. either way 1 frame @ 60fps should = 0.06ms (not 16.67ms). For an adapter, this is still exceptionally good. according to @Teyah 's tests some of the native PS4 sticks/pads have way more lag than this.

60 fps means 60 frames in 1 second. so one frame equals 1/60 second = 0.01667 seconds ~ 16.67ms.

@GOGO.Zippy
    Every board has input lag agreed. But we are only measuring the diff from the base case here (we're trying to figure out if and how much lag the adapter adds). Still you should consider build a pcb instead of a adapter :) I would buy it :)

60 fps means 60 frames in 1 second. so one frame equals 1/60 second = 0.01667 seconds ~ 16.67ms.

@GOGO.Zippy
    Every board has input lag agreed. But we are only measuring the diff from the base case here (we're trying to figure out if and how much lag the adapter adds). Still you should consider build a pcb instead of a adapter :) I would buy it :)

BROOK Converter offer another solution to let your old stick or devices to play on new or other consoles.

I will do more things to improve or deal with players..
    edited September 2015
    BROOK Converter offer another solution to let your old stick or devices to play on new or other consoles.

I will do more things to improve or deal with players..

I understand why you make a converter. But apparently you guys found a way around the PS4 BT security. I would love to have that in a separate PCB. Just saying, I would (and probably a lot more ppl) would buy it to make custom sticks. You could make 2 products and have more profit ;-) You already have all the required tech needed...
    edited September 2015
    @gekkekoe we should take a poll for the demand of a PCB. when it comes downs to manufacturing they've gotta justify the production costs, etc..
    www.jonyfraze.com

• HalfCentHalfCent Joined: Posts: 32
    @gekkekoe all you did was divide 1/60 to get 0.01667. BUT 1 frame does not equal 1ms. 1000ms = 1 seconds, Therefore 1ms = 0.001 seconds. Here's an online converter if you don't believe me: http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/framespersecondframespermillisecond.php type in 60fps and hit calculate.

That link calculates frames per millisecond, not milliseconds per frame.
    HalfCent wrote: »
    @gekkekoe all you did was divide 1/60 to get 0.01667. BUT 1 frame does not equal 1ms. 1000ms = 1 seconds, Therefore 1ms = 0.001 seconds. Here's an online converter if you don't believe me: http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/framespersecondframespermillisecond.php type in 60fps and hit calculate.

That link calculates frames per millisecond, not milliseconds per frame.

yeah i just realized and edited my post..
    www.jonyfraze.com

edited September 2015
    Xbox 360/Xbox one to PS4
    PS3 to PS4

En español
    Youtube.com/LetramChi
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,392

High speed cameras aren't that cheap.
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Have you tried using an iOS device you already own? If I get time tonight I may try myself the 120/240FPS
    240 FPS
    iPhone6
    iPhone6+
    120 FPS
    iPhone 5s
    iPad Air 2
    60 FPS
    iPad Air
    iPad Mini Retina
    iPad Mini
    iPod Touch 5th generation
    iPhone 5c
    iPhone 5
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    Have you tried using an iOS device you already own? If I get time tonight I may try myself the 120/240FPS
    240 FPS
    iPhone6
    iPhone6+
    120 FPS
    iPhone 5s
    iPad Air 2
    60 FPS
    iPad Air
    iPad Mini Retina
    iPad Mini
    iPod Touch 5th generation
    iPhone 5c
    iPhone 5

i used my iphone 6 plus to record. the only way to access the higher frame rates would be to record in slow motion. not sure if quicktime supports the playback but ill give it a shot.
    www.jonyfraze.com

Brook super converter Xbox One Español
    Youtube.com/LetramChi
  • EJMEJM Joined: Posts: 438
    Can I get a confirmation on what converter(s) I need for my stick to play PS4 and Xbox One?

1. My stick has a new PS360+ in it. So in order to use it with these converters I need the PS360+ to be in 360 mode?
    2. With my PS360+ in 360 mode I would need the following converters for PS4 and Xbox One compatibility?

fc0ex3.jpg 2qt8fmc.jpg

A collection of pictures of my mods and wiring: https://instagram.com/modsbysteve/
    hey @EJM those will both work (Black one and Lime One). The adapters will see the PS360+ in 360 mode (no forced mode needed). FYI: Brook & Akishop are both currently working on fixing the PS3 side as well if that matters.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,580
    So if Im reading this correctly, a green converter will allow both my ps360+ or my xbone te2 stick to work on my ps4? Who in the US carries these besides VGNY as they dont have the green in stock. Sorry if this is posted somewhere but Im @ work and cant read through all of the posts.

• KenDeepKenDeep Joined: Posts: 1
    For anyone concerned about lag: We (a group of 4 people from germany) have tried out the converter and tested it for lag with how teyah.net tests sticks for delay. We do not have a definite conclusion yet since we used a PS2 Stick with the PS2 to PS4 converter and we do not know how much the PS2 stick lags.

However, we can confirm that with the following setup:
    HORI 2SA Arcade Stick + Brooks Converter = Player 1 Sol
    PS360+ Stick = Player 2 Sol

The input delay seems to be between 0-1 frames.
    We made both characters press 5K (which is 3 frames fast), and around 70%-80% of the time, Player 2 won.
    Afterwards we made P1 press 5P(4f fast) vs P2 pressing 5K(3f fast), and P1 Sol won 100% of the time.

This means that the PS2 to PS4 converter definitely does not lag more than 1 frame.

Now if we knew how much delay the Hori Stick has by itself we could conclude how much ms delay the converter exactly has.

I personally am satisfied with the product, but would love to get more data on the delay.
    butteroj wrote: »
    So if Im reading this correctly, a green converter will allow both my ps360+ or my xbone te2 stick to work on my ps4? Who in the US carries these besides VGNY as they dont have the green in stock. Sorry if this is posted somewhere but Im @ work and cant read through all of the posts.

BROOK converters will be available on Amazon and Ebay in several weeks, if you do not want to wait, you can purchase from BROOK as well:)
    Official pages: http://www.brookaccessory.com
    https://m.facebook.com/BrookGamingfan