Brook Converters Thread

Comments

• mdd45mdd45 Joined: Posts: 4
    ykd wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the PS2 to PS3/4/PC Adapter will support a PS1 Namco Arcade stick? Recently got one to restore, just need to know if there is any issues with having it work with the adapter, or if I should just throw in an actual Brook PS3/4 PCB.
    Thanks guys!

My stock ps1 namco arcade stick works great with ps2 to ps3/ps4 adapter.
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,551
    edited November 2017
    Aquashark wrote: »
    @Brook_Engineer

here's how it looks on PC:
    - if I connect a wired PS3 gamepad, the lights will turn red on pressing buttons/moving directions: https://i.imgur.com/zuH4bnG.png

- with the PS360+ stick connected: https://i.imgur.com/d35bMSS.png - if i press buttons/direction, nothing turns red

one more thing I noticed, the Brook device is recognized as PS4 Wired Gamepad V2.1 in Device Manager, but the controllers attached are listed as PS3 Wired Gamepad V1.9
    could this difference version be an issue?

that should not be an issue.
    so it can't work with the PS360+ after its update? so it used to work before the update?
    didn't have the chance to use it with other firmware, i bought the Brook converter and updated to latest firmware (v2.2) straight away.

there was some user earlier in the thread that had a similar problem because support PS360+ was missing by accident from latest firmware version.. can you please check if PS360+ is support in current firmware (v2.2)?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • Brook_EngineerBrook_Engineer Brook on fire Joined: Posts: 367
    @Brook_Engineer

- if I connect a wired PS3 gamepad, the lights will turn red on pressing buttons/moving directions: https://i.imgur.com/zuH4bnG.png

- with the PS360+ stick connected: https://i.imgur.com/d35bMSS.png - if i press buttons/direction, nothing turns red

one more thing I noticed, the Brook device is recognized as PS4 Wired Gamepad V2.1 in Device Manager, but the controllers attached are listed as PS3 Wired Gamepad V1.9

so it can't work with the PS360+ after its update? so it used to work before the update?
    didn't have the chance to use it with other firmware, i bought the Brook converter and updated to latest firmware (v2.2) straight away.

there was some user earlier in the thread that had a similar problem because support PS360+ was missing by accident from latest firmware version.. can you please check if PS360+ is support in current firmware (v2.2)?
    i will check it
  • ZullizZulliz Joined: Posts: 2
    I know the sf4 se stick isnt on the supported list for the ps3-ps4 convertet, has anyone gotten it to work anyway? Cause i at least simply cannot get it working on ps4, unfortunately
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,118
    Zulliz wrote: »
    I know the sf4 se stick isnt on the supported list for the ps3-ps4 convertet, has anyone gotten it to work anyway? Cause i at least simply cannot get it working on ps4, unfortunately

@Zulliz
    Do you try to click controller compatible updated on App or change a usb cable ?
  • ZullizZulliz Joined: Posts: 2
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    Zulliz wrote: »

@Zulliz
    Do you try to click controller compatible updated on App or change a usb cable ?

I have checked controller compatibility in the update app when updating. Ive also tried the controller with converter out in my pc, which registers it as a ps4 wired controller and all inputs are working.
  • HeihachiHeihachi Joined: Posts: 273
    which one has lower lag or which one is better?

PS3 to PS4(white) or PS3/PS4 to PS4 to PS3(yellow)
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,551
    edited November 2017
    @Brook_Engineer

i will check it
    any results you could share?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    @Brook_Engineer

i will check it
    any results you could share?

@Aquashark
    I updated latest version into white converter (PS3 to PS4) from Brook website and tested with PS360+ on PC. They are working well in game control panel.
    Please click controller updated icon on app to try again
    @SephirothRK
    It's easy to do on PS4/PS3 to PS2 converter.
    So I wait for update? Do you need any information?
    Release new version to support PS4 Taiko drum on PS2

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS2/
  • jamesbdxjamesbdx Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums as I've just recently got a razer atrox for xbox one really cheap, 78€ brand new from Spain. I want to also use it on my pc without rewiring anything and this converter seems to be the easiest way. I've seen the pink xbox one to ps4 converter for 35€ here. Can someone please confirm that it works fine and I won't need anything else to play sf5 on pc?
    jamesbdx wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums as I've just recently got a razer atrox for xbox one really cheap, 78€ brand new from Spain. I want to also use it on my pc without rewiring anything and this converter seems to be the easiest way. I've seen the pink xbox one to ps4 converter for 35€ here. Can someone please confirm that it works fine and I won't need anything else to play sf5 on pc?

@jamesbdx
    it is in our compatibility list
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/86711304/
  • jamesbdxjamesbdx Joined: Posts: 3
    Cool, thanks. I'll keep updated on how things go. I won't be using it till the new year but when I saw the price I couldn't resist, it usually sells at around 200€ here. Am I right in assuming the atrox for xbox one at 78€ was a sweet deal or are things way overpriced in Europe?
  • ChocobunyChocobuny Joined: Posts: 1,110
    My white ps3--->ps4 brooks converter has started not working. I plug in my stick and it works for about ten seconds and then the ps4 says controller disconnected. The blue light on the converter remains on but I have to replug the converter in for inputs to work again, which works for ten seconds or so until it disconnects again. I'm running the latest firmware on my converter, and I've checked my stick with a friends converter and it works so it's definitely my converter
  • SephirothRKSephirothRK Joined: Posts: 20
    @SephirothRK
    It's easy to do on PS4/PS3 to PS2 converter.
    So I wait for update? Do you need any information?
    Release new version to support PS4 Taiko drum on PS2

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS2/

Thank you, it works great! Even the dpad and other buttons works.
  • HankMcCoyXHankMcCoyX Joined: Posts: 8
    Does anybody from Brook have any insight on how long the delay on delivery of the Kickstarter will be? You've delivered to several backers then said production has been delayed on the rest with very little details and no updates for a week.

Thanks
  • RibbonRibbon Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi.
    I'm using yellow brook ps3/ps4 converter with a controller to play Tekken 7. After recent Tekken 7 update, "Geese" update I noticed input lag on my Brook that wasn't there before. Only in T7 mind you.

Am I imagining things? Could someone kind check if that T7 update added lag to controller through Brook? Thank you.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 686
    @GOGO.Zippy Does the PS4+ audio board revision 2 not work with the PS3/4 to PS2 converter? I've been trying to get it to connect all afternoon and it's not working. My brook UFB that I used to have in this controller worked with it fine. I updated the firmware on the PS2 converter and everything. What gives?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 755
    @GOGO.Zippy Does the PS4+ audio board revision 2 not work with the PS3/4 to PS2 converter? I've been trying to get it to connect all afternoon and it's not working. My brook UFB that I used to have in this controller worked with it fine. I updated the firmware on the PS2 converter and everything. What gives?

Does your current PS4+audio board work in a computer? Have you tried forcing PS3/4 mode with Square/1P or Triangle/2P? if it's a second revision it should use a proper USB A-B Cable so there should be data flowing as those cables are not used for charging smartphones and stuff.
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
    @Torta Yes it works fine on PC and the consoles it's meant for. Yes I did press those buttons when plugging it in and it still didn't work. Do you have experience with this setup? Did it work for you?
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 23
    The most recent update of the PS3/PS4 to Switch firmware says "Support wireless control for PS3/PS4 controller. Free of registration. Plug the controller to the converter with a cable for recognization first, and then the controller can be played wirelessly." When I plug the DS4 in to the converter it works fine and then I unplug it and it does not work wirelessly. Is there a step I'm missing to get this to work?
    edited December 2017
    @Torta @GOGO.Zippy I finally got it to work. I had to connect it to my PC in Xinput mode and plug in the controller while holding down the 1P key to put it in PS3 mode. Ever since I did that it worked on PC through the device and now it's working on PS2 as well when I hold the 1P key when plugging it in. I tried 1P before but it wasn't working until I did it on PC for some odd reason. Hope this info helps someone else out!
    warhead wrote: »
    The most recent update of the PS3/PS4 to Switch firmware says "Support wireless control for PS3/PS4 controller. Free of registration. Plug the controller to the converter with a cable for recognization first, and then the controller can be played wirelessly." When I plug the DS4 in to the converter it works fine and then I unplug it and it does not work wirelessly. Is there a step I'm missing to get this to work?

@warhead
    Please use the latest file on Brook Website.
    After updated file, Turned on Pro controller wired mode in system page
    To connect converter with you PS3/4 controller via USB cable then plugged into USB on Switch.
    Remove USB cable from converter and press down PS button on controller to link with converter in wireless mode.
    Hoping someone can help here, I'm having problems with my stick on Windows at the moment. If I click gamepad controller, it shows button 13 as constantly on:

Wx9HK7y.jpg

This is causing issues in fightcade, as it won't let me map any button until the button has stopped being pressed. However, no button on my stick corresponds to button 13. I'm unable to actually open up my stick at one of the screws is stripped, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to disable a button through Windows 10?

I just plugged in my second stick and it has the same problem, so I guess it is a problem with my Brooks converter.
    Chocobuny wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help here, I'm having problems with my stick on Windows at the moment. If I click gamepad controller, it shows button 13 as constantly on:

Wx9HK7y.jpg

This is causing issues in fightcade, as it won't let me map any button until the button has stopped being pressed. However, no button on my stick corresponds to button 13. I'm unable to actually open up my stick at one of the screws is stripped, so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to disable a button through Windows 10?

I just plugged in my second stick and it has the same problem, so I guess it is a problem with my Brooks converter.

@Chocobuny
    Which converter do you use on PC?
  • warheadwarhead Joined: Posts: 23
    warhead wrote: »

@warhead
    Please use the latest file on Brook Website.
    After updated file, Turned on Pro controller wired mode in system page
    To connect converter with you PS3/4 controller via USB cable then plugged into USB on Switch.
    Remove USB cable from converter and press down PS button on controller to link with converter in wireless mode.
    Hmm that seems to have worked! Thank you!

Wx9HK7y.jpg

@Chocobuny

The white PS3 to PS4 converter

Wx9HK7y.jpg

@Chocobuny

@Chocobuny
    We tested white converter (PS3 to PS4) on WinXP/Win8/Win10. The button 13 doesn't press down automatically.
    Please check again w/o connecting your stick.

Was the B13 press down ?

If yes, please updated the latest file including compatibly controller icon on APP.

Wx9HK7y.jpg

@Chocobuny

@Chocobuny
    We tested white converter (PS3 to PS4) on WinXP/Win8/Win10. The button 13 doesn't press down automatically.
    Please check again w/o connecting your stick.

Was the B13 press down ?

If yes, please updated the latest file including compatibly controller icon on APP.

Yes, even without the stick the button is pressed down. I am currently running the latest update (v.2.2) from your website and it still has this issue.
    Yes, even without the stick the button is pressed down. I am currently running the latest update (v.2.2) from your website and it still has this issue.

Sounds like your converter is jacked dude. You probably just need to buy a new one. www.arcadeshock.com
  • BronnBronn Joined: Posts: 510
    Yo, so does using the Brooks for my Q4 offer less input lag than using legacy input mode on PS4? Just wondering, I've been out of the loop on here for a while.
    3s: Alex with the occasional hugo
    SFV: Alex, G.
    DBZF: Ginyu Force, Yamcha, Tien
    16, Piccolo, Veggie
    Bronn wrote: »
    Yo, so does using the Brooks for my Q4 offer less input lag than using legacy input mode on PS4? Just wondering, I've been out of the loop on here for a while.

Brooks has very low input lag. They are very good. You should cop one.
  • shingouki2shingouki2 Joined: Posts: 13
    ShinMagus wrote: »
    I believe the idea is to set the converter to XID mode if power is lacking, in which case you need to provide power via microUSB... Never used XID mode like that, but that's what I understood.

@shingouki2
    Yes, Like @ShinMagus words, please try to set XID mode and provide DC 5.0V via MicroUSB port.

I reapplied the update. It works!
  • dav3ybdav3yb Quarter Man Joined: Posts: 1,120
    So just a quick question on the PS2 <> PS3/4, or Xbox converters...

Do the adapters allow opposing directions to be pressed simultaneously? Like Up+Down, or Left+Right? I'm on the hunt for an adapter that might do well with DDR pads, which require many combinations of directions be pressed at the same time.
  • Talim_JPTalim_JP Talim Practioner Joined: Posts: 102
    PS2 to PS3/4 converters work OK w/my Project DIVA gamez & Miku Hori controllers- they have combos of buttons you have to press at the same time.
    Soul Calibur playa since 3/27/03- SCII hit JP Xbox.
    Talim and Talim ONLY playa.
    SC playa to the end.

Hopin for a new SC game w/Talim; now playin PS3/4 and arcade Miku Project DIVA gamez.
  • VanIceLVanIceL Joined: Posts: 15
    edited December 2017
    I just received the Brook X Adapter for Ps4/Switch and I wouldn't recommend anyone getting it.
    After using the latest update(because it wasn't working with Switch). I attempted to do Menu + X, which seems to have bricked the adapter. The light just stays on and it can no longer change modes. The reset button also doesn't do anything. Seems to be a waste of $54 dollars. I use their UFB, but their X Adapter wasn't tested.
    VanIceL wrote: »
    I just received the Brook X Adapter for Ps4/Switch and I wouldn't recommend anyone getting it.
    After using the latest update(because it wasn't working with Switch). I attempted to do Menu + X, which seems to have bricked the adapter. The light just stays on and it can no longer change modes. The reset button also doesn't do anything. Seems to be a waste of $54 dollars. I use their UFB, but their X Adapter wasn't tested.

Please set in SWITCH mode to connect with your switch.
    Refer to the document file for set mode on X One Adapter.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwmgkdqp81p13dh/Change Mode.docx?dl=0

• VanIceLVanIceL Joined: Posts: 15
    Yes I know Switch mode is Menu + B, but that wasn't working so I attempted another mode (Menu + X/Xbox mode). But after I switched to that mode my adapter has become "stuck" in Xbox mode or bricked. For example the charging indicator no longer turns on, and trying to change to any other mode no longer works.
  • IvoryMoclipsIvoryMoclips Joined: Posts: 5
    @GOGO.Zippy I just got my X One Adapters from the kickstarter and I'm loving them, but why isn't there an option to swap the View and Brook buttons when playing on PS4.

I've been using the old wired Xbox One to PS4 adapter for a while now, and it was really convenient to have the touchpad mapped to the Xbox One controller's "View" button since it basically acts as that in most games anyway. Having to reach out of the way to hit the Brook button at the top of the controller is awkward in most situations, plus I don't tend to use the PS4's share feature so moving that button out of the way makes sense for me.

It would also then be consistent with how the Switch mode works, so that "View = PS4 Touch = Switch -", and "Brook = PS4 Share = Switch Capture"