SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

12467595

Comments

  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,768
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Yeah..it's true.....our Canadian history sucks major goats. We really don't have anything worthwhile to mention. :(

    Don't say that. Ya did stuff. Like ya have the war with the USA back in the 1800's. Um Olympic gold medals in hockey. I guess ya lack of exciting history comes from still being a fairly new nation compared to the rest of the world, just like us. And Canada doesn't really do much on a global scale.

    The world wars are nothing more then "yeah whatever" things these days. Yeah we've only been around for a few centuries but only doing so little? And it's slowly becoming worse. The east has far more rich history (despite the fact I'm not a huge fan of history to begin with). I have 0 pride where I come from. It's just another piece of dirt I grew up on. I would love to visit Australia and south Korea.....hopefully in 2016 I'll get that chance.

    But back to the Canadian thing. Of all the media stuff (moives, games etc etc) were barely mentioned in anything. In fact, I think the last movie I saw that had even a HINT of canada was in The Day after Tomorrow. That was like......7 or more years ago..

    And No beiber is not a good thing.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,916
    @Magegg. So because Sakura goes to school she can't be taken seriously? Does she not practice and train like any other martial artist? Why should she be looked down upon because she's in school? If anything that makes her awesome. A young cute face student with a passion for martial arts. Underestimate her at your own risk. Now El Fuerte the problem with him is that they put WAY to much emphasis on him being a chef to the point it takes away from him as a fighter. Where as Sakura she's a fighter that just happens to be a student.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited December 2014
    Magegg wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Neither are schoolgirls, or chefs, or tribal princesses, or music artists. Their occupations don't fucking matter.
    That's why some people don't take seriously Sakura, El Fuerte chef aspect is just stupid and kind of makes the character suck, Dee Jay music is simply a hobby, he looks like a pro kickboxer, while Elena is a princess only because she's daughter of a chief, she lives in the wild and she's a sort of female Tarzan, very able to fight, she's no spoiled princess (that's why I never could take Pullum Purna seriously).



    It doesn't matter if some people "don't take Sakura seriously", her strength as a character is independent of the fact that she's a schoolgirl. Will you please fucking knock it off with the bullshit strawman arguments?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

    OK first off please don't instigate a USA vs Canada flame war. But yeah I agree there are a lot of other countries that can be used for interesting character designs over Canada.

    I'm not trying to. I'm not even big into the idea of national representation in SF. I'm American and I thought Cody and Balrog were enough. And yeah I was just suggesting there are other countries just as overlooked as Canada, but in terms of historical relevance (as if that's even a factor for conceptualizing characters?), Canada is much lacking.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

    https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,314
    I don't care what stereotype they'll go with a Canadian fighter as long as the character looks like Wolverine.

    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
    edited December 2014
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @Magegg. So because Sakura goes to school she can't be taken seriously?
    She's pretty much a Mary Sue.
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if some people "don't take Sakura seriously", her strength as a character is independent of the fact that she's a schoolgirl. Will you please fucking knock it off with the bullshit strawman arguments?
    She just doesn't fit, do you think a character like her could have appeared in Street Fighter II? Nope.
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Psycho Denji Joined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wonder if people will still be mad if Q is chun's dad. Though I can't see it myself personally.

    I wouldn't be mad but at this point it wouldn't make sense from what we know about Q. He has blonde hair barely peaking from underneath his mask in a few pics. I know we can't count artwork as the gospel but him being her father is a weird concept....even for the street fighter universe. I've wanted to know his story for a while but I feel ANYTHING at this point would be disappointing, no matter what background info it turned out to be. Better to keep the mystery...he still literally makes no sense which to me anyway is why he is so interesting. He wins a round, turns his back to the player in bewilderment looking up at the sky and all around rambling to himself, like he doesn't understand anything. Organic material present in his body but can survive detonations that come somewhere from him. Stalking after particular children who always seem to be well dressed indicating possible wealth or a lead for him to "investigate" (or maybe looking too far into that one). "X Ray" shots of him when electrocuted show some freaky muscle structure instead of bone and his mask, not what's behind it. The mask "eyes" are supposedly just cutouts with the yellow glow coming from whatever is behind it. A lot of neat details rolled into him that keep the questions coming on what he is. But if he's Chun's dad somehow, so be it.

    Oh shit! you are still around! Still got our matches on youtube up. Good seeing you again bro! I hope Q makes it in just for you!
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A Scandinavian death metalhead brawler who always uses the gravel voice.
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 818
    Sakura's a fucking retarded character. It's completely insulting and demeaning to the true fighters in this game that a freaking school girl who idolizes them can end up going toe to toe with them, even though they've had much fiercer training. Next they'll put an elementary school girl in the game who ends up beating up Ryu to take the world championship.
    Mend and Defend

    Location: South Florida (N. Miami)

    SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 2000

    SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited December 2014
    learis1 wrote: »
    Sakura's a fucking retarded character. It's completely insulting and demeaning to the true fighters in this game that a freaking school girl who idolizes them can end up going toe to toe with them, even though they've had much fiercer training.

    I don't think they care if they're being "insulted" or not. They don't fucking exist. It's a video game. A schoolgirl can have as much hidden power and fighting talent as the creators want her to.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
    learis1 wrote: »
    Sakura's a fucking retarded character. It's completely insulting and demeaning to the true fighters in this game that a freaking school girl who idolizes them can end up going toe to toe with them, even though they've had much fiercer training. Next they'll put an elementary school girl in the game who ends up beating up Ryu to take the world championship.
    And she kicks Zangief ass with no problem in every anime she appears in.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,314
    @learis1‌

    You don't get Saruka's character at all. She's able to go up against those fighters on raw talent alone. There been a couple of characters quotes stating she would be an absolute beast if she receives formal training. Saruka being able to come up of her own of Ryu's style by merely watching him is a testament to her talent as a fighter.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,695
    edited December 2014
    I actually really like Rufus' character design. It's a goofy design but Rufus still manages to be cool in his own way. It's his gameplay that I'm not so much a fan of. Same goes for El Fuerte. And Abel.

    Of all the original SF4 characters it's only Viper who's gameplay and design enrages me. If this character was aborted from the SF canon today, nothing of value would be lost.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

    PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,859
    Yeah, isn't there stuff where like Ryu, Ken, Dan (not that it matters), and a couple of other people recognizing her canonical potential as being off the charts?
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    learis1 wrote: »
    Sakura's a fucking retarded character. It's completely insulting and demeaning to the true fighters in this game that a freaking school girl who idolizes them can end up going toe to toe with them, even though they've had much fiercer training. Next they'll put an elementary school girl in the game who ends up beating up Ryu to take the world championship.

    An you are insulting and demeaning to actual people. I'm still amazed at how the words gay, nigga, retarded and I love My Little Pony so much it hurts are so easily thrown around in the FGC. One of the main reasons why the FGC is not welcoming towards new people, and you're part of it.

    It's a videogame, all of this canon talk and how a certain character would fair IRL against another one is pointless. The point of a fighting game is to be exciting and balanced. They cater to lots of different audiences with their characters. Seriously, you don't believe what you are saying yourself. ''It's completely insulting and demeaning to the true fighter'', like, come on man, really?
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 818
    @learis1‌

    You don't get Saruka's character at all. She's able to go up against those fighters on raw talent alone. There been a couple of characters quotes stating she would be an absolute beast if she receives formal training. Saruka being able to come up of her own of Ryu's style by merely watching him is a testament to her talent as a fighter.

    That just makes it even more retarded. Never mind characters who train their whole lives under martial arts. A high school girl is able to whoop their ass because she has "raw talent". It really is stupid, but I guess since she has such a big fan base than stupid is whats in these days.
    Mend and Defend

    Location: South Florida (N. Miami)

    SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 2000

    SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    Hey come on people, don't get mad over a character's ability in a fictional universe. Life is too short for crap like that.

    We definitely need someone from Israel in the game doing Krav Maga, if his Ultra is called Hebrew Hammer I'll main that mothafucka no matter what.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

    SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

    PSN: CaptDeepThot


  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,916
    @Citris_monkey The FGC since the beginning has always been a blue collar, rough around the edges, non PC environment that spares no one's feelings. It's a community where we shit talk and swear like sailors. We'll likely never be anything like E-sports. And believe it or not that's what intrigues people and makes them want to take a look at the FGC. It's like a girl being attracted to a bad boy. People tell her to stay away, he's trouble but that's the very thing that draws her to him. He's different from what she's use to. The FGC is the bad boy of gaming communities. However even with all that we don't condone things that go beyond friendly trash talk like harassment or just straight up vile insults.
  • Shinra358Shinra358 Joined: Posts: 86
    edited December 2014
    All I know is, if one of the new characters is an alien, robot, or just a dinosaur or if it's a man with a dinosaur head, I'm giving up on SF....
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    edited December 2014
    mowr wrote: »
    I actually really like Rufus' character design. It's a goofy design but Rufus still manages to be cool in his own way. It's his gameplay that I'm not so much a fan of. Same goes for El Fuerte. And Abel.

    Of all the original SF4 characters it's only Viper who's gameplay and design enrages me. If this character was aborted from the SF canon today, nothing of value would be lost.

    Thank God CAPCOM's proud of C.Viper and they'll contiue using her.

    And lol @ her gameplay enraging you, i wonder why?
  • stallion150stallion150 Joined: Posts: 93
    Shinra358 wrote: »
    All I know is, if one of the new characters is an alien, robot, or just a dinosaur or if it's a man with a dinosaur head, I'm giving up on SF....

    Agreed enough with the silly characters! And the weird stages like Jurassic Facility....just give us real, well detailed venues to get our fight on.

  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    edited December 2014
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @Citris_monkey The FGC since the beginning has always been a blue collar, rough around the edges, non PC environment that spares no one's feelings. It's a community where we shit talk and swear like sailors. We'll likely never be anything like E-sports. And believe it or not that's what intrigues people and makes them want to take a look at the FGC. It's like a girl being attracted to a bad boy. People tell her to stay away, he's trouble but that's the very thing that draws her to him. He's different from what she's use to. The FGC is the bad boy of gaming communities. However even with all that we don't condone things that go beyond friendly trash talk like harassment or just straight up vile insults.

    I try to be respectful even on boards, but your argument is very juvenile. Bad boy? I won't even get started on the whole ''girls being attracted to bad boys'' deal, that sounds straight out of a junior high lunch break conversation. Cussing for fun and occasionally is alright, all guys(and gals) do it, but I find it hard to deny that there is a almost way too much trash talk and cussing happening in the community. Even on boards, a line has to be drawn, and I can assure you that is is NOT hard to be civil. Also, believe it or not, nobody is intrigued by the ''roughness around the edges'' of the FGC. Girls are repelled by it. Girls don't like the FGC, they think it's one big, machismo infested sausage fest.
    This is getting off-topic though so i'll leave it at this.
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 818
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @Citris_monkey The FGC since the beginning has always been a blue collar, rough around the edges, non PC environment that spares no one's feelings. It's a community where we shit talk and swear like sailors. We'll likely never be anything like E-sports. And believe it or not that's what intrigues people and makes them want to take a look at the FGC. It's like a girl being attracted to a bad boy. People tell her to stay away, he's trouble but that's the very thing that draws her to him. He's different from what she's use to. The FGC is the bad boy of gaming communities. However even with all that we don't condone things that go beyond friendly trash talk like harassment or just straight up vile insults.

    I try to be respectful even on boards, but your argument is very juvenile. Bad boy? I won't even get started on the whole ''girls being attracted to bad boys'' deal, that sounds straight out of a junior high lunch break conversation. Cussing for fun and occasionally is alright, all guys(and gals) do it, but I find it hard to deny that there is a almost way too much trash talk and cussing happening in the community. Even on boards, a line has to be drawn, and I can assure you that is is NOT hard to be civil. Also, believe it or not, nobody is intrigued by the ''roughness around the edges'' of the FGC. Girls are repelled by it. Girls don't like the FGC, they think it's one big, machismo infested sausage fest.
    This is getting off-topic though so i'll leave it at this.

    Good, I'm glad you're done. Now go take your pompous "holier than thou" attitude somewhere else. We were all having a nice healthy debate until you stuck your fat butt into the conversation.
    Mend and Defend

    Location: South Florida (N. Miami)

    SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 2000

    SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,916
    edited December 2014
    @Citris_monkey. The girl being attracted to a bad boy was just an example people. Why ya took it literally as in actual women liking the FGC I have no idea. I'll dumb it down. Some people like the rowdy nature of the FGC. Short, sweet and to the point for you all. And like I said most people in the FGC do draw a line. That line is when one goes beyond trash talk and they say things that are straight up hurtful and vile. Or actual harassment and bullying. Also stuff like Football, Hockey, Boxing, MMA is just as much as a "machismo sausage fest" as the FGC if not way more so. So why we get crap for that and not other male dominated activities? And lastly there are a notable number of female players in the Vampire Savior community, so all that talk about no girls liking the FGC. Debunked.
  • rzalphrzalph Joined: Posts: 95
    I think we need to see a few more returning characters to get a feel for the tone of the game before we start talking about what new characters would fit well within the game.

    Like most of us here, I love the WW's; they were all awesome designs and they were a cohesive group. Each was as stereotypical and over the top as the next.

    I don't think we are ever going back to those types of designs, or at least they will not be as well received. I actually think Hakan was a pretty good go at the WW type design, but look at how he was received. You could also say the same for Fuerte and Rufus. They just seem to fit the mold as far as character design goes. (gameplay is another story altogether)

    SF5 seems a bit more serious/realistic, more akin to the SF3 style. I think it would be hard to imagine what kind of characters (in terms of looks/character background) they will be throwing at us with this new installment.

    I think we should be more concerned about floating ideas for new fighting styles, as I think our opinion in that regard might be more likely to influence Capcom. I think they already have a pretty solid idea at this stage in the game as to what new characters are going to look like, their moveset not so much.

  • blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Realism is of course something that can't be applied to fighting games, not completely. Otherwise you would have zero female fighters (regardless of age or build), people wouldn't be jumping with verticals that would make Lebron jealous (including Rufus....lol), etc. Anyways I hate the schoolgirl thing, but the real reason Sakura should not be in the initial cast is Ryu and presumably Ken also are already in. She is a twisted shoto. The same special moves that just function a bit differently. Again variety should trump everything else.




  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 818
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    learis1 wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    @Citris_monkey The FGC since the beginning has always been a blue collar, rough around the edges, non PC environment that spares no one's feelings. It's a community where we shit talk and swear like sailors. We'll likely never be anything like E-sports. And believe it or not that's what intrigues people and makes them want to take a look at the FGC. It's like a girl being attracted to a bad boy. People tell her to stay away, he's trouble but that's the very thing that draws her to him. He's different from what she's use to. The FGC is the bad boy of gaming communities. However even with all that we don't condone things that go beyond friendly trash talk like harassment or just straight up vile insults.

    I try to be respectful even on boards, but your argument is very juvenile. Bad boy? I won't even get started on the whole ''girls being attracted to bad boys'' deal, that sounds straight out of a junior high lunch break conversation. Cussing for fun and occasionally is alright, all guys(and gals) do it, but I find it hard to deny that there is a almost way too much trash talk and cussing happening in the community. Even on boards, a line has to be drawn, and I can assure you that is is NOT hard to be civil. Also, believe it or not, nobody is intrigued by the ''roughness around the edges'' of the FGC. Girls are repelled by it. Girls don't like the FGC, they think it's one big, machismo infested sausage fest.
    This is getting off-topic though so i'll leave it at this.

    Good, I'm glad you're done. Now go take your pompous "holier than thou" attitude somewhere else. We were all having a nice healthy debate until you stuck your fat butt into the conversation.

    No, he's right. You're too immature to be able to participate in a "healthy debate". Your argument is literally "WAAHHH THIS CHARACTER HURTS MY FRAIL EGO BECAUSE SHE'S A LITTLE SCHOOLGIRL GOING UP AGAINST MARTIAL ARTISTS". You treat your opinion as if it's fact and stick your fingers in your ears and scream whenever anyone tells you anything different. He made intelligent points and rather than actually rebutting them like a normal person you just insulted him and told him to go away like the idiotic 7 year old you are.

    If anyone here has the idiotic frail ego it's you. You complain about people straw-manning you yet it's all you do to others! I know my opinion isn't fact, and I listen to the opinions of others, no matter how stupid they are. Take a look in the mirror whenever you go on one of your insult tirades and then bitch at other people when they don't say what you want to hear. You result to asinine insults that have nothing to do with the topic at hand when you don't get your way. Now let me tell you again how stupid your female lumberjack idea is so that you can moan about it for another twenty posts.
    Mend and Defend

    Location: South Florida (N. Miami)

    SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 2000

    SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,859
    I can't be the only one who finds it ridiculous that someone's complaining about Sakura beating people purely on "talent and potential" because it's "unreasonable or unrealistic" in a game where people TELEPORT and SHOOT FIREBALLS from their fucking hands, can I?
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
    edited December 2014
    You don't get Saruka's character at all. She's able to go up against those fighters on raw talent alone. There been a couple of characters quotes stating she would be an absolute beast if she receives formal training. Saruka being able to come up of her own of Ryu's style by merely watching him is a testament to her talent as a fighter.
    Still wouldn't fit in Street Fighter II for any reason.
    LivewireX wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who finds it ridiculous that someone's complaining about Sakura beating people purely on "talent and potential" because it's "unreasonable or unrealistic" in a game where people TELEPORT and SHOOT FIREBALLS from their fucking hands, can I?
    At least all the SFII characters were consistently portrayed as mature and accomplished martial artists (well, Dhalsim is a mystic guru and Blanka a wild man), their special powers were product of their training and not independent, and they never threw away that logic, unlike Sakura beating Zangief easily in an anime-level case of "muscles means nothing".

    There's quite a difference between "natural talent" and "I no need to train a single day to beat a two meters height man with muscles as watermelon that has trained wrestling bears in Siberian weather all his life".

    IIRC, Sakura didn't even need to train for years in order to shoot a hadouken, she only saw Ryu, she imitated him and then she could. What a pile of bullshit. Sakura's a Mary Sue and nothing else. I still like the character but I can see how many people can't respect her or take her seriously.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    What can Sakura even do canonically? So she was able to imitate a Hadouken, big whoop. As far as I can tell she's not regarded as a really really super-duper strong fighter in-universe who can beat anyone because of "talent".
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148
    edited December 2014
    rzalph wrote: »
    I think we need to see a few more returning characters to get a feel for the tone of the game before we start talking about what new characters would fit well within the game.

    Like most of us here, I love the WW's; they were all awesome designs and they were a cohesive group. Each was as stereotypical and over the top as the next.

    I don't think we are ever going back to those types of designs, or at least they will not be as well received. I actually think Hakan was a pretty good go at the WW type design, but look at how he was received. You could also say the same for Fuerte and Rufus. They just seem to fit the mold as far as character design goes. (gameplay is another story altogether)

    SF5 seems a bit more serious/realistic, more akin to the SF3 style. I think it would be hard to imagine what kind of characters (in terms of looks/character background) they will be throwing at us with this new installment.

    I think we should be more concerned about floating ideas for new fighting styles, as I think our opinion in that regard might be more likely to influence Capcom. I think they already have a pretty solid idea at this stage in the game as to what new characters are going to look like, their moveset not so much.

    The SF3 characters weren't realistic / serious.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,916
    edited December 2014
    @Mageeg See that other dude was doing a poor job of explaining his issue with Sakura. But you actually gave a detailed example that put it in perspective. I just looked up the fight you were talking about in the anime. Now I see where ya coming from. In game it shouldn't matter because like Bluefang mentioned if realism is applied a lot of SF characters wouldn't have a chance. But I can now see why one wouldn't take Sakura as a character. Her wupping Zangiefs ass was non sense. There's no real context for her pulling off such a feet. It's just "petite school girl with no training but loads of "potential" whups mountain of a man who wrestles bears because.... anime"
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
  • rzalphrzalph Joined: Posts: 95
    The SF3 characters weren't realistic / serious.

    Realistic, I agree. Poor choice of words. There are few, if any, realistic characters in the entire SF series.

    SF3 characters were definitely more serious than Sim, Gief, Honda, and Blanka. WW's were way more cartoony in their design and backstories.

    That Sakura vs Gief vid is just dumb (no offense to the person that posted it). What is that scene from? Obviously we have to suspend reality when considering anything SF, but come on. :|


  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,314
    @Magegg‌

    What relevance does fitting in SFII have to do with potiential cast members for SFV?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
Sign In or Register to comment.