SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,044
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    I think they handled Kolin pretty well. Small teaser on facebook at the beginning of the month, official reveal a couple of days later and release somewhere two weeks after that. I find it worrysome that even something as simple as this can't be redone for every character.

I'm already prepared for Capcom telling that the April update had to be delayed until May for whatever fucking reason. Never trust Capcom to keep the schedule intact, unless Capcom USA again lied to us about "sharing character info every other month"
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DaemosDaemos God of Fuck Joined: Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 18
    Cestus wrote: »
    javert wrote: »
    How many more times do I have to remind everyone of the alex release?

Do you mean:
    • No trailer on time.
    • Terrible model with Ken face tier face.
    • The most uninspired win quotes rivaled only by Akuma's.
    • A participation in the story so irrelevant it could be the whole thing could be interpreted as a indigestion caused by sandwiches.
    • Having your moveset utterly destroyed in the next balance patch with not even a "maybe they aren't familiar with the matchup" glimmer of hope, including bugs that happen to disable what would be the most basic offense setups?

OMG we're boned. Hype just got to negative levels.

*In all fairness, the voice acting and the soundtrack are awesome and the moveset could be competitive with some honest intentions of buffing him (which won't happen).

This is offensive, even for SFV Ken lol

Visually SFV Alex fly on his own league of crap

-terrible face/hair (with Alex face being FAR worse than Ken's if possible)
    -not good body model
    -unloyal to SF3 Alex and what the character is supposed to be
    -unloyal to SFV Bengus redesign of Alex
    -hilarious bad stance, but all above points make this secondary

Ken is one face/hair fix away from be good
    Alex is a complete mess

Hopefully they will use the nostalgia costume dlc as excuse to at least fix the face there*, then we will have Capcom's Alex in SFV

*will be cool if they fix standard too, but i don't think they will do anything... fans have been waaay more vocal about Ken, and they barely did anything on it

I agree. Alex is definitely the ugliest character in SFV. Ken's face looks great ingame and his hair is acceptable. Alex' face and hair look shit all the time. Which is odd considering how hot and attractive he was in SF3. Now he's a frickin neanderthal.
    Memento mori.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,017
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

About the character: Byron is not coming out this month

This will be a good news as long we get a good character instead him lol

My propose is

-#2 being an euro kickboxer with good chara design
    -Byron being pushed to 30 February of Next Year*

I think it will be fair

*Next Year should NOT be considered 2018, each year his official release date will be "next year"
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,768
    @TWINBLADES

Haunts? Does he even still work for Capcom anymore?
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,458
    edited April 18
    You boys are still talking about Ken and Alex? Are we high-school girls around here? They both look fine, especially Alex - Ken with his short haircut looks a little odd, but who gives a fuck?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do, obviously :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :lol: :tdown:
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,017

"More new content for April is on the way, so stay tuned for more."

Character may still be released in April, if they're not refering to the 2.1 patch
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,403
    NG1313 wrote: »
    You boys are still talking about Ken and Alex? Are we high-school girls around here? They both look fine, especially Alex - Ken with his short haircut looks a little odd, but who gives a fuck?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do, obviously :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :lol: :tdown:
    It's fine if you like it, but different people have different aesthetic tastes and come on aesthetics go a long way in presentation. Alex by far does not resemble his SF3 counterpart due to some of the weird design choices they went with. Showing disapproval doesn't make you any less of a fan -- no need to accept EVERYTHING the company does.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Yes, that's how insulted you would be --- except you ain't Arnold, you bitch :lol:

I'm just playin' with ya - but I think your complaints of Ken's and Alex's faces are fucking dumb..
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,403
    I think your complaints of Ken's and Alex's faces are fucking dumb..
    In the interest of discussion, why do you think it's dumb?
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

edited April 18
    Shockdingo wrote: »

Because they're artistic differences in what "you" wanted and what "they" wanted.

Because they're artistic differences in what "you" wanted and what "they" wanted.

Sure, but we're the consumers, we get a right to voice our displeasure. Just because Capcom made it, doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES ON YOUR KNEES!!!! Joined: Posts: 6,190
    Yes, that's how insulted you would be --- except you ain't Arnold, you bitch :lol:

I'm just playin' with ya - but I think your complaints of Ken's and Alex's faces are fucking dumb..

Nigga what is wrong with you? Do you do this on purpose to rustle jimmies?

Gawd damn
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin - And Probably Satsuki :P
    CFN: TWINBLADES

Nigga what is wrong with you? Do you do this on purpose to rustle jimmies?

Gawd damn

It's all our faults @TWINBLADES . Sign said Don't Feed The Trolls but we all did anyway.
    edited April 18
    Maybe I am the troll - I'm obviously in the minority, irrespective of whether I'm "right or wrong".

Carry on, then.

So Ken and Alex look ugly, huh? Gosh, now I --- wait a minute, I'm a guy! --- but now my girlfriends can't bone them?!? :open_mouth:

Sure, but we're the consumers, we get a right to voice our displeasure. Just because Capcom made it, doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

Yes, but that this complaint is so vocal, makes it pretty fucking faggoty.

But then again, maybe you all are fa'ggots.............?

Not getting why you're so defensive on this particular issue. It's visual aesthetic. People have a right to like what they like and complain about what they don't like especially on something important as visuals in a modern, big budget game that's featuring many favourites. Video game visuals are just as important as interactivity, it draws in people and keeps their focus. It's like having an interesting comic book story, but having it drawn by Greg Land. It's gonna be distracting and take away from the story and affect overall enjoyment.

Having a wonky character model is similar in game. In this day and age, companies tend to listen to customer feedback. People aren't happy with how Alex and Ken look, and there's a possibility for it being fixed, so yeah, people are gonna be vocal.

Thailand looks so friggin' gorgeous. Is the nighttime just the concept art, or are we getting a day and night version?

Maybe I am the troll - I'm obviously in the minority, irrespective of whether I'm "right or wrong".

Carry on, then.

So Ken and Alex look ugly, huh? Gosh, now I --- wait a minute, I'm a guy! --- but now my girlfriends can't bone them?!? :open_mouth:

''faggoty''

Confirmed you're either in middle school, or an idiot. Paging over your little quarrel with darth ender should of made that clear by now though.

THAILAND STAGE AND COSTUMES WHEEEEEE but still no thumbnail of a character. Go go capcom.

Or maybe you're of the type that thinks faggoty is a-okay. You tell me.

Not getting why you're so defensive on this particular issue. It's visual aesthetic. People have a right to like what they like and complain about what they don't like especially on something important as visuals in a modern, big budget game that's featuring many favourites. Video game visuals are just as important as interactivity, it draws in people and keeps their focus. It's like having an interesting comic book story, but having it drawn by Greg Land. It's gonna be distracting and take away from the story and affect overall enjoyment.

Having a wonky character model is similar in game. In this day and age, companies tend to listen to customer feedback. People aren't happy with how Alex and Ken look, and there's a possibility for it being fixed, so yeah, people are gonna be vocal.

I don't particularly care, but since it's been repeated to death like a damn cheer-leader squad up in here, it's gotten just a little annoying :tup:
    Thailand looks so friggin' gorgeous. Is the nighttime just the concept art, or are we getting a day and night version?

You really think Capcom would lose out an opportunity to sell even more stages?

SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited April 18
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

You really think Capcom would lose out an opportunity to sell even more stages?

Well I buy them and enjoy them.

If you don't buy them nor enjoy them but merely post negatively about them, then well; "YOU LOSE" :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,082
    Feelin' pretty vindicated right now.
    edited April 18
    @NG1313 :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

I CAN DO IT TOOOOOO LOOK SEEEEEEEE :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

WE TDOWN IN DIS BITCH LIKE WEEEEEEEW

Bravo :tup:
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,731
    I just realized that WSO is on; kinda sucks they didn't take the opportunity. It would of been.....*wholesome* if they had showed the character trailer after norcal and then showcased him during WSO. Now, given the global time it would of been really good but alas, nothing.

I might have to go back on my own word to say that it does look fishy that we got norcal, WSO and news on stages/costumes but still ZERO on the character.
    edited April 18
    Everybody is such a pro-homo these days.

Whatever. All I was saying was that it was gay as y'all to keep complaining about Alex's and Ken's faces, and to keep bitching that Capcom releases new stuff for us to purchase, and the general prick in your anus that you all seem to have when it comes to discussing SFV.
    WSO might get it's lowest stream numbers come the 25th. New character is out the same day as the stream. Logan gonna be in a cardboard Flat the week after.

Whatever. All I was saying was that it was gay as y'all to keep complaining about Alex's and Ken's faces, and to keep bitching that Capcom releases new stuff for us to purchase, and the general prick in your anus that you all seem to have when it comes to discussing SFV.

I'm just getting a huge kick out of reading your flawed logic and humored by your grammatical knowledge(or lack thereof). I'm one of those so called elusive ''your mother'', and I'm willing to bet most of your masculinity would leap out the penthouse of a skyscraper once you realized I can probably deadlift twice your bodyweight. Either way, keep fighting the good fight!
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,082
    Daemos wrote: »
    Pro-homo? Is it pro-homo to choose your words with some degree of consideration? There is zero relationship between homosexuality and pointing out Capcom's terrible aesthetic attempt at 3D modelling. No one here is pro-homo including the homos, but many are anti-asshole. Which is what you have been for the last page and a half.

We're bitching (and actually have a right to do so after giving Capcom our money) that instead of fixing shit and making SFV a better damn game it deserves to be, Capcom keeps releasing "content" to rack up on money from costumes and stages
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited April 19
    Daemos wrote: »

Pro-homo? Is it pro-homo to choose your words with some degree of consideration? There is zero relationship between homosexuality and pointing out Capcom's terrible aesthetic attempt at 3D modelling. No one here is pro-homo including the homos, but many are anti-asshole. Which is what you have been for the last page and a half.

Hey. Yes, I agree with you :tup:

I'm just getting a huge kick out of reading your flawed logic and humored by your grammatical knowledge(or lack thereof). I'm one of those so called elusive ''your mother'', and I'm willing to bet most of your masculinity would leap out the penthouse of a skyscraper once you realized I can probably deadlift twice your bodyweight. Either way, keep fighting the good fight!

I don't mean to insult who you partner with or stick my nose where it doesn't belong.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

We're bitching (and actually have a right to do so after giving Capcom our money) that instead of fixing shit and making SFV a better damn game it deserves to be, Capcom keeps releasing "content" to rack up on money from costumes and stages

Well it works superbly for me so I look forward to the new stage and costumes.

If it's not okay to disrespect each other here then why is it okay to disrespect "Capcom way over there"? I know if you're having a terrible online experience with SFV then it will be really frustrating though, sure.

What continues to be really annoying me is that we're like sitting around a table and some of you keep whispering to each other "don't you just hate that girl in our class? Yeah, she's really annoying, she should just die!" :tdown:

The thread is supposed to be about anticipating the new characters :whistle:
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Feelin' pretty vindicated right now.

You and me both man.
    Also, closely tied to the new CFN are the new Season 2 Balance Updates and the next Season 2 DLC Character. For the full list of balance changes, check out our previous blogpost here. These additional balance changes and the next Season 2 DLC character were originally planned to launch at the end of April. Since both of these were developed under the new CFN infrastructure, they have to release alongside the new CFN when it is ready.

More details and the exact timing of the next CFN Beta Test will be announced in the coming weeks. Thank you all once again for helping us make the new CFN the best it can be.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/04/19/street-fighter-v-cfn-beta-test-results-and-season-2-balance-update

**head to desk**

Damn Capcucks late on the new character.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WTF @TWINBLADES , why posting from my cellphone fam?

LOL capcom soft confirming the delay like no one will notice. Come on.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson SFV ID: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 63
    edited April 19
    It seems like there's still new content expected for April though, so since it's not the next DLC character, I'm curious as to what it actually is?
    The next character will apparently be playable in the next beta if I'm reading this correctly.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson SFV ID: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 63
    The next character will apparently be playable in the next beta if I'm reading this correctly.
    Yeah, too bad the beta isn't available for PS4... My crappy laptop cannot run this game, hence why I have a PS4.
    My main problem with the delay is that I feel it's a domino effect.

This is basically what I expect......

Hey World Warriors this is Haunts and I just wanted to let you know I'm Super Silver now!

Oh yeah and about that April update. Well we're still testing things out with the new CFN build but due to some unforeseen hiccups we won't be dropping it this month. I know we stated there was potential for it to drop at the end of April but releasing it at the same time as every thing was just too much for us.

About the character: Byron is not coming out this month as we feel that with the delay of this update it wouldn't be in our best interest to shake up the tier list before the balance is adjusted. Seriously guys you don't wanna get hit by EX Curb Stomp before the patch.

Oh shit I didn't say that!!!!! ComboQueen edit this before it goes out!!!!

Thailand: We also ran into a bug where on the Thailand stage Alex is viable so we gotta delay it by a few months.

Costumes: We ran into a bug where the new yankee anime costumes had random clipping bugs. Well except for Chun's. So we just retrofitted the Ryu and Juri ones into new Chun outfits. $7.99 and are available right now!!!!

Oh yeah that's right I forgot we did a stealth update on PS4 as a surprise! Of course PC didn't get this update because the code for all the outfits had Rookit.sys(3) in it. We'll never fix that by the way.

And we also saw that recently "leaked" footage from the betas showed that some stages have new thing happening in the background.

Well I'm glad to inform you that was an April fools joke!!! Hahahahahah got chu you stupid fucks!!!!

Oh we also reverted the AA Jab nerf for everyone except for Alex. And we removed Fang cuz no one plays him anyway.

RISE UP
    I
    S
    E

U
    P

I'm just gonna quote myself since basically everything I said happened :coffee:
  • KolbeKolbe Joined: Posts: 81
    edited April 19
    At this point, they should just keep quiet and let everything drop as a surprise. Seems like Capcom and DCEU is run by the same people.