SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• HiYaPewPewHiYaPewPew Joined: Posts: 35
    want: Yang, Feilong, DeeJay
    maybe: Yun?
  • gigglzgigglz Joined: Posts: 493
    I hope we get akuma as some sort of "end season" character after capcom cup finals as a little unannounced extra.

And who knows, maybe they arent even sticking to 6 characters. Maybe we'll only get like 4 per season, seeing how they continously had problems keeping up with their own schedule
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,775
    edited September 2016
    gigglz wrote: »
    And who knows, maybe they arent even sticking to 6 characters. Maybe we'll only get like 4 per season, seeing how they continously had problems keeping up with their own schedule
    Yeah, but those problems stemmed from having to, you know, finish making the game while still trying to release those characters.

Now that the game is mostly finished(or at least, should before the next season starts), I'm hoping to see an increase instead once they can focus on DLC characters entirely.
    It was very wise of Capcom to split into different regional companies. Capcom USA still technically owns the IP and they may survive as a separate entity. Or be absorbed by another conglomerate. I personally can picture Nintendo and Capcom merging down the road, they have always had a very strong partnership, which the Capcom produced Zelda games attest to.
    The resulting Smash Bros. game would be the most beautiful thing ever created by man.

• RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 971
    edited September 2016
    I wanna ask those who believe Kolin may come in s2: what do you suggest to her gameplay in general? Movesets wise, what exactly she'll be suppose to express in a fight?
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raccon wrote: »
    I wanna ask those who believe Kolin may come in s2: what do you suggest to her gameplay in general? Movesets wise, what exactly she'll be suppose to express in a fight?

I expect her outfit to freeze off during her intro, revealing her naked frozen body - SF's very own Sub-zero! I also expect lots of butterflies for her swirly ex and VT animations.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,608

First SF ice-only character, with a lot of ice related unique tricks/mechanics

Think a tricky zoner that control the field setting ice traps
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 665
    Daemos wrote: »

I expect her outfit to freeze off during her intro, revealing her naked frozen body - SF's very own Sub-zero! I also expect lots of butterflies for her swirly ex and VT animations.

dhdge9.jpg

Oh, man! That made me laugh hard!
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 665
    kylebr wrote: »
    2017 is the 30th SF anniversary, Season 2 better not disappoint.

It's best to expect disappointment with Capcom.

I laughed hard at this too, but it was more of a crying-laugh because it's bound to be the case. Ugghh!
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 903
    kylebr wrote: »
    2017 is the 30th SF anniversary, Season 2 better not disappoint.

It will be awesome. SFV will be better than ever. And of course, Ingrid will be playable so it will create a lot of noise. :)
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,293
    Daemos wrote: »

Not sure if sarcasm, but this has actually been a thing before, in a Capcom game no less:
    lilith-fly.gif

In any case, we'll thank you if it actually happens.
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 971
    javert wrote: »

lilith-fly.gif

Nadeshiko as Lilith and Mika as Morrigan: please give us these costumes, Capcom! <3

Bring Rose back, Capcom!
    javert wrote: »

lilith-fly.gif

Nadeshiko as Lilith and Mika as Morrigan: please give us these costumes, Capcom! <3

Nah

Mika should definitely get Felicia
    Nadeshiko can be one of her cat-sisters

Closest to Morrigan should be Rose

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,217
    Think we seriously need a water based wushu character. Some sort of passive shoalin type guy, think water benders from Avatar. As long as I have Eagle ill be cool. Would be nice to have Kyosuke and Maki but probably wont happen. Might be lucky to get 1 final fight character though.
    Think we seriously need a water based wushu character. Some sort of passive shoalin type guy, think water benders from Avatar.
    Waterbending is based on Tai Chi.

• SeriousJokarSeriousJokar Joined: Posts: 11
    I would like to see Gen . Assuming he didn't die of old age or something along those lines. I could definately see it working well with the current mechanics.

His vskill could be a stance change. He would start off in his crane stance and use his v-skill to change into mantis stance.

Mantis stance would let him do 10% more damage but also take 10% more damage. He would also build his v guage from landing hits rather than taking hits.

In Crane stance he would take 10% less damage and build v-guage as normal.

His v trigger would require 3 bars, and would be his zan'ei super from street fighter 4.

And his SFV super could be his Ultra 1 zetsui from SF4. Which could be comboed off his v-trgger.

But that won't likely happen.
    I don't understand it when people keep assuming that Gen is dead. It's fucking Gen ffs, he's like one of THE motherfucking badasses in the canon.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,052 mod
    This game could really use Gen...
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,536
    I'd love to see Gen back
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,380
    They actually did consider killing him off to introduce his apprentice though. Since that idea was scrapped, Gen lives on.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • OShingenOShingen Joined: Posts: 26
    I just finished the Story DLC, and it looks like being in that package was a good indicator of getting released. Based on that Decapre seems like a solid likelihood.
    They actually did consider killing him off to introduce his apprentice though. Since that idea was scrapped, Gen lives on.

Imho they could do both things

Say that Gen it's still alive but ever more close to death and no more able to fight, and introduce the apprentice

Then make Gen return for one last fight, more creepy than ever

• crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    mykka wrote: »
    I'd love to see Gen back

I'd like to see Lee return with Gen.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,536
    I guess Scene isnt a fan of Gen...
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    edited September 2016
    mykka wrote: »
    I guess Scene isnt a fan of Gen...

SUCKS FOR HIM HAHA!

(Who?)
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Capcom cheated on me Joined: Posts: 3,510
    Makoto+ whoever you want.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    -Rose with a new costume.
    -Gen (Or his son), Q, Twelve, or Necro.
    -At least 1 new character.
    Capcom plz. Let's not stop at Laura. The 4 new characters are all great additions.
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,808
    edited September 2016
    oni, rolento, el fuerte or adon....not interested in anyone else.
    i would rather see then some complete new chars instead of the other old ones.

For new characters, I'd love to see one of those playable:
    ishiwata00.jpg?h=c010ed2c617b9f07223214606bc4fdc7 goutetsu00.jpg?h=89f0a22912e726f58ce1220da80465d6 azam00.jpg?h=cd8d7a8f5e4c0545464539ea1b39453d
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,031
    Soul7 wrote: »
    ishiwata00.jpg?h=c010ed2c617b9f07223214606bc4fdc7 goutetsu00.jpg?h=89f0a22912e726f58ce1220da80465d6 azam00.jpg?h=cd8d7a8f5e4c0545464539ea1b39453d

Another Mika?
    Another dead Master brought back to life?

I'm okay with the Genie Personal Assistant though.

Another Mika?

How is she another Mika? Just because she's a wrestler, doesn't mean she'll be identical to Mika. There are many different ways and styles of wrestling. Also, it's interesting to see what she can do with that steel chair. She looks way more fun than Mika imo.

Same thing with the Master.

Another Mika?

Same thing here

I will welcome Azam if they make him unique (i will be ok with grappler that can use tornados), but fuck goutetsu and the +1 female masked wrestler

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,904
    A grappler who fights with a folding char?
    We Kanji now!

All I want are Decapre and Rose.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,380
    We already have light (Mika/Laura) and heavy (Zangief/Alex) grapplers. If we get another grappler in Season 2, he/she needs to be unique and defy some of our expectations for a grappler. That's why, when I was explaining Azam, I made a point of him being an air-based grappler. Someone like Hakan or Makoto that has the basic "get close, wreck shit" mentality could be good too.

Compared to other Street Fighter games, SFV has a pretty noticeable lack of "hard" zoning. FANG's zoning is just a prelude to his mix ups, and Guile relies on his opponents never reaching mid-range to actually zone. Some classic Sagat or even Remy style zoning would be neat.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    We already have light (Mika/Laura) and heavy (Zangief/Alex) grapplers. If we get another grappler in Season 2, he/she needs to be unique and defy some of our expectations for a grappler. That's why, when I was explaining Azam, I made a point of him being an air-based grappler. Someone like Hakan or Makoto that has the basic "get close, wreck shit" mentality could be good too.

Azam can both be a flying big char/grappler a la T.Hawk, and the first to have energy (wind) attacks

I will be ok with that