SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,549
    edited May 9
    Personally I'd welcome another Chinese female with open arms and a warm smile as I love kung-fu.

On that note, I think Chunli is lacking a little bit of visual flair - she had those cool air-legs in the "SFV gameplay trailer" for one and I'd like for those to return and replace the current air-legs on EX...

On another note, since Ryu's jumping tatsumaki doesn't hit behind it, it could be better to replace the animation with Ken's HK tatsu :pensive:
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,893
    edited May 9
    I want proto Asuka the Hokuto from SFEX and the Kasumi from AOF/SNK for SF universe

I don't care about blondes and hair color, I want Guile's and Nash's superior head black boss BYRON redesign and have a advanced military tech style combat better than both Guile and Nash, but not a projectile fighter and more into different variation of a 2-hit somersault, flip and flash kicks in special moves mix with Sambo inspired grabs.

Kinda mix of Capoeira, Taebo with Sambo!!
    elena-trippy.gifpupa-cart.gifmomoko-fkick.gifmomo-xi-special3.gifdeejay-sfa3-combokick.gif

Then Tom with re-designed face like a face of a Spartan and a body of a Spartans like in greek mythos, but with the beard of Jean Reno while not using the kiki version of skinny body. His muscular body is not bulgy big muscle but rather like Leonidas small and slender while being extremely curvy. Like he is a modern day Spartan!!

gerrard.jpg487763-spartan13.jpg

TOM's PLOT:
    • Make Tom one of the best descendants of Spartan race that is chosen by the Secret Society to train and mentor for Spartan combat disciplines along with other trainer of other combat disciplines throughout the history for their youth candidate to be future leaders of their organization.
    • Then he get's closer to the teenager sibling that is Gill and Urien than the other candidates.
    I've always considered the likelihood that Tom was connected to the Secret Society in some way. It makes more sense than Tom just randomly fighting Gill out of nowhere. I don't imagine Gill is someone who's that available to people, anyway.

Agree, I hope he does not just another out of nowhere confrontation of Gill, It's like thinking how does this guy even come to go near a leader like Gill and get some attention by beaten badly by Gill. Capcom could make him be one of Gill's personal body guards and tutors in Gill's youth before being candidate and be the chosen one of the Secret Society.

This would make sense to also empower Alex design and characterization to standout against Gill by having the same mentor with such class or level. The only difference is Gill has more variation of combat discipline in training from different mentors in his youth while Alex is more focus in one way which can bbe made as a relevant justification in the story.

I have been thinking of a posible Noembelu months ago. There are some great inspiration fore her moves. She is my favorite doll but not assuming she would be in SF because of being weapon based.
    Ideas and resources are everywhere especially from there old works... unless Capcom have other plans..

this gif had weapon based normal attack than what capcom did to SFV dolls..

Noembelu
    kenji-w-attack.gifrubyheart-charging.gifrubyheart-fp.gifmarrow-hp.gifmarrow-combograb.gifearthquake-lowhp.gifbasaracombo.gif

While Xianyu and Jianyu should be:
    I believe Xiayu and Jianyu would do work as a Pair Character like Choi and Chang CVS2

Or something like this...

Having both of them gives so many valid points
    • Gives the nostalgic vibe from battle of Juni and Juli
    • Unique and diverse playstyle than the rest of fighters in the current roster.
    • Fresh concepts to SF gameplay.
    • Plot wise having them both together as a single character to fight a Street Fighter that is known to be stronger and better than a single doll is a valid reason.
    17499483_1146778438801064_8973619477147912622_n.jpg?oh=15c325df1468137dae9f5b28fb748eab&oe=599328E7
    Interesting would be they are fighting with "combined efforts" which would reflect their characterization and capabilities in the storymode as a Shadaloo Doll..

It will also serve as a great nostalgic reference for Alpha's Dramatic Battle/Mode and a recollection to the encounter with both Juli and Juri at the same time in Alpha 3 which is a rare event in SF game history. This is probably the right moment and only chance for us to have a dual fighter in a character selection Because of their much design space for their characterization is a potential.

And please CAPCOM don't forget them...

Capcom make there existence reasonable they are not just children, teenagers, assistants or another subordinate... they are special soldiers

DELTA RED is a Secret Intelligence Service and Special Operations Unit!! They are trained military experts and probably with different combat discipline that is plausible as a fighter.
    They can work like a Captain Commando in MVC as a character in SFV!!

captcomwin.gif100508-26710-delta-red.jpg

Cestus wrote: »

qmsf6UM.png

He/she seem to be wearing an armor that false the silhuette, it seem to have too thin arms compared to shoulders/torso

@Cestus

I think the Last Character is another general, superior or agent of Shadaloo , It seems a uniform similar to ED or it's another UNIFORM not from Shadaloo but rather from Secret Society.

Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,795
    edited May 9
    @The_Shakunetsu

As for Tom i think if they ever bring him in, it can work as equal or slighty leaner Nash build.
    Tbh fuck Kiki's version, Kinu's* have him built as a massive middleweight or even a light heavyweight, with hammers as hands
    tompatalex.png

As type of char it will be cool if they made him as the experienced technical dude, not super fast or super powerful, but tough with solid hands (think Guile as vibe).
    I will like it as a MMA**/Krav Maga mix, it will well reflect both Alex's master role and his ex soldier past
    Like it's good on offense at short range at beat up opponents with a mix punches/elbows/knees and technical wrestling, but he got some cool brutal counters and defensive tools self defense DVD style lol, arm-breaks, hits to the throats, kick to the knee etc

Think a slighty faster, slighty lighter Abel with counters, that have to stalker you around***

* Kinu bless, ever
    ** think common version of MMA: kickboxing, a bit of muay thai, wrestling, and simple submissions/GnP. Not Abel's Sambo sold as MMA =)
    *** Yes, all of this will be kinda a big fuck you to Byron's chances, and i'm absolutely ok with it... Leon > Byron =)
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,893
    Yeah Tom > Byron in many ways!! if we need to choose one of them.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited May 9
    Since Ultra SF2 was announced and release within this season and after this season information

The last one would be surprised...

it's Violent Ken in SFV in Shadaloo Uniform!

...and please Capcom no Violent Ken!!

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce <------Not a Shill ('til Makoto happen) Joined: Posts: 2,768
    yang pls

Yang too stronk for SFV babies.
    Since Ultra SF2 was announced and release within this season and after this season information

The last one would be surprised...

it's Violent Ken in SFV in Shadaloo Uniform!

...and please Capcom no Violent Ken!!

57c2d5e4f5d37d9c4de92fc6c5313f04_oh-crap-omg-rage-face-know-your-meme-afraid-meme-face_986-591.jpeg

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
    I suspecting the last part isn't wearing an armor just another slightly fancy uniform. I just hope it won't be an alternate brainwash version of other existing characters that had appeared in USF4. I hope that's a Secret Society guy!!

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • WallyWally From Nobody To Nightmare Joined: Posts: 50
    edited May 12
    Edit: Nevermind
    They call me Wally, Big W like the Killa Beez..
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,808
    I dont think we'll be getting new characters next season, but yeah, nothing stopping them from adding more of them later down the line.

From popularity I'd say it would be: Sagat, Sakura, Q. For story purposes, probably: Rose, Viper, Oro. Wouldnt be too surprised if that was our season 3.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    S3

Money: Sagat
    Money: Sakura
    Money: Q
    Story: Rose
    Story: Oro
    Wild Card: New character/classic SF2/obscure character

S4 (aka last character season)

Will either be REALLY safe with SF2 characters or it will have only 3 characters, one of which will be Gill. Maybe Oni. This is the 'headswap' era.
    edited May 13
    What I wanted updated in SFV if character would return
    • I want Oro in SFV projectile moving diagonal instead of horizontal to make him differ from other traditional horizontal projectile users. like Dr Fate in Injustice 2
    • I want Fei long have play style and mix-up like Iron fist in UMVC3 .
    • Gill to play slight differ from Urien, from projectile and different angle normals but have similar start up animations, What I mean by differ is that the new specials and normals is still inspired from previous stuff not something that is just different.

Things I want to see in SFV
    • Oro vs Dhalsim
    • Kolin vs Viper
    • Blanka vs Necro - They are not clones
    • Bison vs Gill
    • Sagat vs Urien or Fang
    • Haggar vs Zangief -(Haggar does play differently from normals and other special) the only common distinction between the two is the pile drive and spinning clothesline, This are only 2 moves similar including normals, supers and special, while other true clone characters have more than 3 similarities from each other.

Story and plot I want to be resolve, expanded and explored in SFV
    • T hawk and Noembelu
    • Delta Red
    • Necro and Effie
    • Tom
    • Byron

Characters I want to be revisted
    • Sodom
    • Eagle
    • Haggar
    • Maki

Fighting style I want to see
    • Lee- Drunken Master
    • Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    • A Dual Character - should be Xianyu and Jianyu together

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • YodellerYodeller Joined: Posts: 4
    Daemos wrote: »
    S3

Money: Sagat
    Money: Sakura
    Money: Q
    Story: Rose
    Story: Oro
    Wild Card: New character/classic SF2/obscure character

S4 (aka last character season)

Will either be REALLY safe with SF2 characters or it will have only 3 characters, one of which will be Gill. Maybe Oni. This is the 'headswap' era.

I hope for Season 4 if they do go the whole classic characters route that they split it up evenly from the main series so 2 SF2, 2 SF3, 2 SF4. If they include Aloha maybe they could cut into II or III.
  • Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 211
    mykka wrote: »
    The chick might be Sarai

I been thinking Sarai as well. Kinda hoping I'm wrong but if Capcom does Sarai right. I would be very happy. Sarai has always been one of my favorite side characters in the SF universe. I appreciate the friendship she has with Ibuki
    KOF: Zarina, Alice, Vanessa
    SF: Ed, Juri, Kolin
    TK: Katarina, Claudio, Nina, Shaheen, Miguel, Eliza

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
    Random guess about possible "new" character

-I've read rumor (usually are bullshit) about #4 girl being a char named Menat from egypt.
    Tbh i will very ok with it, i take that 10 times over Shitzuki doll lol
    Maybe a super stereotype Cleopatra on that vibe
    SG_Eliza_portrait.jpg
    It can even make sese the "cat" like head shape as it was a very symbolic/holy animal for ancient egypt

But again, rumors (specially SFV ones) often end up being bullshit

Said that Philipina Pencak Silat > Egypt cat >>> Shitzuki

-Fuck sarai, we already have Sakura and Makoto as possible japgirls

-Another rumor want Rose's Apprentice to be female, in this case fuck her too and give me Rose

4ede5923a093d7c94b5a6279665e3ada_come-at-me-bro-anteater-bro-quickmeme-anteater-meme-come-at-me-bro_625-838.jpeg

edited May 14

If Capcom want a female Filipino fighter please not that stuff, A (Filipino Women) Filipina that is interested in martial arts are very rare to be associated with Pencak Silat.

If a Filipina would go with martial arts that's not the popular choice or a recommendation and in fact many didn't even known Pencak Silat exist that includes males. It's not a household word like judo, ninjutsu, wrestling, taekwondo and karate in their respective country origins.

If Capcom want a random martial arts, The easiest and realistic is a male as a Filipino representative because a modern day Filipino man that exist in the past 30 years/3 decades ago is more likely enthusiastic into martial arts like Boxing(Manny Paquiao), Taekwondo, Mu Thai, Karate and Judo base from the influential Filipino actor, Filipino movies and Olympic achievers of that era and until now.

Arnis and Balisong is the more realistic choice for traditional filipino combat discipline until now.

If they want below twenties teens that are men, they are into Parkour.

Filipinos from weapons and martial arts:
    I just remember Nida

sfdummy.jpg

As something on asian on the Philippines from 90s and 80s era if your watching their locals movie and knowing their society is heavily influence on western, japanese and chinese movies and shows kung fu movies, action movies (steven seagal, chuck noris and vandame) and a lot of James bond clone movies.

Those era has rare women that fights with those martial arts used on tekken because they were more conservative on those times, Women on that time if rich would instead train for popular other culture martial arts like Judo, Karate and Taekwondo.

For Filipino men they would wear leather jackets and blue jeans then would go with Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, Judo, Boxing and Mu thai or simply mix martial arts and just being street smart like they can do limited ways of Parkour without formal training that uses Balisong/Butterfly Knife. They are more like Cody, Even in their 90s teens that goes into gang wars and street fights would carry those balisong because they where cheap and everywhere those times but also prohibited to be carried.
    Another interesting martial art for them would be Arnis.

Arnis/Batuta

Balisong

Filipino Mysticism is has major impact to their wars in the history:

Now let's proceed to the mystical and mysterious side of the Philippines, If Rose had abilities of divination, while India had Yoga meditation and Japanese had Ninjas. Philippines had their incantation paired with anting-anting or agimat, A culture practice that is still used by some other men until this age and time, This necklace charm or amulet relic like make some Filipinos believe that gives them remarkable agility(parkour) and protection from bullets. User of this object and practitioners often exhibit it's given powers by using jungle bolo onto them after a reciting a certain incantation. Those abilities however is also found from Chinese's qigong masters. The qigong masters gains extraordinary abilities by changing his yin and yang through meditation, while the the agimat users just use charms and does incantation.

Despite of some charms have crave religious images it is still forbidden known demonic, evil and dangerous because of it is to have a cost and the said forbidden by the teachings of a prominent belief because it is a pagan practice. There are a lots charlatans that sold agimats and anti-anting in the streets and the city but according to it's true mythos it is done only to sincere mediation for a specific time to caves in the mountains of a place called Siquijor were spirits dwells and witches. Some are considered family treasure kept secret that is passed to there latter generation.

-editted stuff-

5692048-zangief+fat+durability+%284%29.gif

it's also associated to many fictional filipino stories like

Pepeng Agimat, Pedro Penduko, Darna(an orphan girl that turns into a wonder woman look alike after using agimat) and alot more stories

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1208714/?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Penduko

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darna

There is even a real life story of a criminal named Nardong Putik, putik means mud in English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nardong_Putik

According to a rumored legend(probably not true) that he uses an agimat or anting-anting that need a certain incantation to transform him into mud or maybe command the mud to cover him. kinda rare idea of agimat because agimat is commonly known for them to give protection and extraordinary agility. He was shot to death.

In fact it was part of their history even before any other culture influence in their country.

And then about Filipino location:

Urban settings that is assigned for a character. it should be along this area.

Best and perfect representation of a public urban settings that would show many related Filipino culture stuff from common people fashion and prominent vehicles in their country, unlike other places in the Philippines that are tourist spots and recreation areas that is meh for a place of fighting and not unique to represent their country.

Manila_City_Hall.jpg

bonifacio-monument-manila-city-hall-philippines-83644445.jpg

5230829180_df5b04fd5d_b.jpg

17634327_1146898558789052_1974211793286683704_n.jpg?oh=0bda2381b8b25513855770db20801147&oe=595AD27D

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,480
    The CFN profile specified a male apprentice. You're getting Soul Power V.Rosso whether you like it or not.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,412
    edited May 14
    God I freaking hope not.

It's one thing to be a stereotype. It's another thing to be a stereotype that hasn't even existed for 1000 years.

If you're going to be racist Capcom, at least don't be anachronistically racist.
    Arnis and Balisong is the more realistic choice for traditional filipino combat discipline until now.
    Yeah, but those weren't the martial arts used in the Raid movies, so who gives a shit?
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,808
    If they do bring a female character from Egypt, I'd rather it not be a flaming stereotype
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
    edited May 14
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Yeah, but those weren't the martial arts used in the Raid movies, so who gives a shit?

Those were a lot, that is more realistic, cultural and still used until now. Not something of those that are only a thing of the past or just a moment in history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_martial_arts

If Capcom would associate foreign martial arts it should been more realistic or at least from the past 3 decades up to the modern day preferences and influences of a Filipino or a Filipina to make the choice relevant.

Why past 3 decades? because it is were the beginning of SF timeline is likely inspired in our reality. I'm trying to be realistic than patriotic in my suggestions.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

If Capcom want a female Filipino fighter please not that stuff, A (Filipino Women) Filipina that is interested in martial arts are very rare to be associated with Pencak Silat.

If a Filipina would go with martial arts that's not the popular choice or a recommendation and in fact many didn't even known Pencak Silat exist that includes males. It's not a household word like judo, ninjutsu, wrestling, taekwondo and karate in their respective country origins.

If Capcom want a random martial arts, The easiest and realistic is a male as a Filipino representative because a modern day Filipino man that exist in the past 30 years/3 decades ago is more likely enthusiastic into martial arts like Boxing(Manny Paquiao), Taekwondo, Mu Thai, Karate and Judo base from the influential Filipino actor, Filipino movies and Olympic achievers of that era and until now.

If they want below twenties teens that are men, they are into Parkour.

Filipinos from weapons and martial arts:
    I just remember Nida

sfdummy.jpg

As something on asian on the Philippines from 90s and 80s era if your watching their locals movie and knowing their society is heavily influence on western, japanese and chinese movies and shows kung fu movies, action movies (steven seagal, chuck noris and vandame) and a lot of James bond clone movies.

Those era has rare women that fights with those martial arts used on tekken because they were more conservative on those times, Women on that time if rich would instead train for popular other culture martial arts like Judo, Karate and Taekwondo.

For Filipino men they would wear leather jackets and blue jeans then would go with Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, Judo, Boxing and Mu thai or simply mix martial arts and just being street smart like they can do limited ways of Parkour without formal training that uses Balisong/Butterfly Knife. They are more like Cody, Even in their 90s teens that goes into gang wars and street fights would carry those balisong because they where cheap and everywhere those times but also prohibited to be carried.
    Another interesting martial art for them would be Arnis.

Arnis/Batuta

Balisong

Filipino Mysticism is has major impact to their wars in the history:

Now let's proceed to the mystical and mysterious side of the Philippines, If Rose had abilities of divination, while India had Yoga meditation and Japanese had Ninjas. Philippines had their incantation paired with anting-anting or agimat, A culture practice that is still used by some other men until this age and time, This necklace charm or amulet relic like make some Filipinos believe that gives them remarkable agility(parkour) and protection from bullets. User of this object and practitioners often exhibit it's given powers by using jungle bolo onto them after a reciting a certain incantation. Those abilities however is also found from Chinese's qigong masters. The qigong masters gains extraordinary abilities by changing his yin and yang through meditation, while the the agimat users just use charms and does incantation.

Despite of some charms have crave religious images it is still forbidden known demonic, evil and dangerous because of it is to have a cost and the said forbidden by the teachings of a prominent belief because it is a pagan practice. There are a lots charlatans that sold agimats and anti-anting in the streets and the city but according to it's true mythos it is done only to sincere mediation for a specific time to caves in the mountains of a place called Siquijor were spirits dwells and witches. Some are considered family treasure kept secret that is passed to there latter generation.

-editted stuff-

5692048-zangief+fat+durability+%284%29.gif

it's also associated to many fictional filipino stories like

Pepeng Agimat, Pedro Penduko, Darna(an orphan girl that turns into a wonder woman look alike after using agimat) and alot more stories

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1208714/?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Penduko

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darna

There is even a real life story of a criminal named Nardong Putik, putik means mud in English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nardong_Putik

According to a rumored legend(probably not true) that he uses an agimat or anting-anting that need a certain incantation to transform him into mud or maybe command the mud to cover him. kinda rare idea of agimat because agimat is commonly known for them to give protection and extraordinary agility. He was shot to death.

In fact it was part of their history even before any other culture influence in their country.

And then about Filipino location:

Urban settings that is assigned for a character. it should be along this area.

Best and perfect representation of a public urban settings that would show many related Filipino culture stuff from common people fashion and prominent vehicles in their country, unlike other places in the Philippines that are tourist spots and recreation areas that is meh for a place of fighting and not unique to represent their country.

Manila_City_Hall.jpg

bonifacio-monument-manila-city-hall-philippines-83644445.jpg

5230829180_df5b04fd5d_b.jpg

17634327_1146898558789052_1974211793286683704_n.jpg?oh=0bda2381b8b25513855770db20801147&oe=595AD27D

While i apprecciate your attention to be close to the regional trends, for good or for bad that's not how SF work

As martial arts, we already got 2 boxers, a Korean (Juri) for TKD, at some point surely a Thai (Sagat) for MT, and even one for "parkour" as martial art (Rashid)
    And if we get a judoka, tbh i dout Capcom will aim at Philippines
    Even for Arnis stick fighting (wich imho it was a perfect candidate), i fear this very requested dude may get that spot
    eagle-cvs2-stance.gif

Keep in mind that rarely SF goes for how locals see themselves but more how rest of the world does

In other words, i'm sure there are x10 turkish boxers, kickboxers, judokas, "normal" wrestlers... yet Hakan got Oil Wrestling because it's "characteristic" and worked well to rep the nation in SF design building

Same for not being a female... i'm sure there fight sports on some level are a male majority thing in philippines... but to be real it's the same everywhere i guess.
    Capcom does it for cast diversity and because internet whiners cry at sausage fest also in games with relatively generous % of females

I guessed Pencak Silat because if i have to think at Malay Archipelago area in a SF game first thing (second, Arnis/Eskrima was first due Dan Inosanto in Game of Death*) in my mind are Iko Uwais movies like Merantau or the Raid that made PS a "new" popular thing in martial arts world

I know Indonesia-PS is the correct combination, but as foreigner myself i will not be incredibly surprised if they give PS to a Malay Archipelago (so Philippines being a candidate) char

This imho is what SF will typically take as start point for a chara design build up

There you got characteristic uniform, stances, movements and cultural vibe... wich if you think even at most recent chars is the first thing they search

In other words i feel that if they want a philipino char they may easier switch to let's say Indonesia rather than d

*wich was probably part of inspiration for Eagle, as Eagle himself got the look from a Bruce Lee movie villain

God I freaking hope not.

It's one thing to be a stereotype. It's another thing to be a stereotype that hasn't even existed for 1000 years.

If you're going to be racist Capcom, at least don't be anachronistically racist.

Tbh with "Cleopatra" i don't mean make-her-ancient-queen-of-Egypt, as long your female egyptian char is hot and got that haircut/eyes make-up combo the visual link is done...
    Kinda same way Urien manage to give ancient Greek/Roman vibe even in his SFV modern suit

The CFN profile specified a male apprentice. You're getting Soul Power V.Rosso whether you like it or not.

I wish, as V.Rosso-anything is guaranteed win, but tbh the gender was never said iirc
    CFN stay generic
    https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112435.html

I think it was in story thread somebody recently reported the rumor of Rose's apprentice being female, like somewhere in last two pages

edited May 15

While i apprecciate your attention to be close to the regional trends, for good or for bad that's not how SF work

As martial arts, we already got 2 boxers, a Korean (Juri) for TKD, at some point surely a Thai (Sagat) for MT, and even one for "parkour" as martial art (Rashid)
    And if we get a judoka, tbh i dout Capcom will aim at Philippines

I know there are already a lot of those kind of Martial Arts, I'm not requesting a Filipino character to along those what I am pointing out, was if there were foriegn martial arts those probably would be the realistic choices, that's why I believe it's not the time for a Filipino character if it would be implemented in a very non-filipino way other than "race" not in ways.

Same for not being a female... i'm sure there fight sports on some level are a male majority thing in philippines... but to be real it's the same everywhere i guess.
    Capcom does it for cast diversity and because internet whiners cry at sausage fest also in games with relatively generous % of females

The reality is most of Filipino Women/Filipina isn't like those anime slender glamour girl fighters, or like a youthful female trying prove something to world with fist or weapons, yet that may be in so very very rare occasion, unlike japanese women that are trained in school and youth to do a specialize martial arts. If they would choose to be trained with a foriegn combat practices it is for self defense, Pencak Sikat isn't among the top ten choices and even many isn't aware of that.
    Even for Arnis stick fighting (wich imho it was a perfect candidate), i fear this very requested dude may get that spot
    eagle-cvs2-stance.gif

To be honest I myself would prefer Eagle than a Filipino character using Arnis, for SFV or another game before SF3 timeline game, but If Capcom would push a traditional Filipino using a combat practice in his/her country... Arnis, Mano-Mano and Balisong is the best while Pencak Silat as a representation isn't a good idea because it's like pushing something that shouldn't be there.
    I know Indonesia-PS is the correct combination, but as foreigner myself i will not be incredibly surprised if they give PS to a Malay Archipelago (so Philippines being a candidate) char

Capcom should rather choose other race if they want a Pencak Silat character. They could just do an indonesian or other south east asian character that fits Pencak Silat rather than a race that isn't into it. It's a waste for a first Filipino character if ever.

I like a Filipino SF character but at least it should be as realistic and natural to it's timeline existence like Juri, Makoto, Honda, Blanka, Sagat, Ryu, Cody and Guile that reflects there realistic ways than just being there. I could wait for years for a relevant character even with a small plot. If not is the time I'm okay with that rather than wasting it.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    mykka wrote: »
    If they do bring a female character from Egypt, I'd rather it not be a flaming stereotype

fuc u, i want girl Anakaris
    eagle-cvs2-stance.gif

You act like that's a bad thing
    edited May 15
    eagle-cvs2-stance.gif

It really is'nt, i like Eagle and i think it will look cool in SFV
    It probably was a bad thing if i was a philipino wanting a rep, but even @The_Shakunetsu said to prefer him, so i guess Eagle is just universally good lol

Post edited by Cestus on

edited May 15
    eagle-cvs2-stance.gif
    Why you gotta say something good after something stupid. How'm I gonna Get Rekt or Rise Up that post.
    eagle-cvs2-stance.gif
    Why you gotta say something good after something stupid. How'm I gonna Get Rekt or Rise Up that post.

Ideally, I get a 1-1 port of VSav Anakaris in every fighting game ever. Since that's not gonna happen outside of MUGEN, I'll settle for girl Anakaris if the alternative is no Anakaris.
    Darkstalkers_Anakaris_transforms.png
    anakaris_midnight_bliss_color_by_soul_less_puppet-d3gd3iu.jpg
    07_darkstalkersscreens01.jpg
    Fuck, I'd throw money at that shit.
    Thank you for making that easy.
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 179
    I expect to hear stuff from Capcom about Marvel at E3 but has the delays of Ed and S2.1 patch push back any future news to July?

edited May 15
    Okay just to follow up things

What shouldn't be a Filipino
    • Filipino shouldn't be grapplers and doing headbutt's - They watched and enjoy wrestling but they ain't good at it unless were talking about Batista that was raised in a different country and a half blood. They are more into fist and few kicks along with remarkable agility and reflexes.
    • The average Filipino aren't the huge guys in body build - even there gym buff are not that tall. they are like the size of how japanese men and women in height. Eyes are average in size and colored are black, while the skin are color is brown. Average Filipino wears more western style clothes that fits for a tropical country.
    • Filipino weapons isn't like - nunchucks, katana, crowbar, chainsaw, hammer, wrench, sai, spear, shuriken, steel rod, steel pipe, pole, baseball bat and bow. What are common Filipino weapon? four finger metal fist ring, batons, policeman club and guns. Jungle bolo/itak and balisong are common household name for average Filipino like Japanese into Katana.
    • Filipino mysticism enchantments and powers is not into - levitation, teleportation, transmutation, force field, telekinesis, mind swapping and increase on strength while not also into controlling fire, ice, water and wind. Filipino amulets and medallions in their folklore and history is to believe that give speed, phasing, momentary invincibility, invisibility, camouflage abilities and to control electricity.
    • An average teen Filipina/Filipino Women isn't like a Japanese teen women that are trained in school into martial arts and other combat practices. While Filipino boys in youth even without proper training are more likely to show great reflexes and agile because of their childhood outdoor games and environment.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,860
    brainfraud wrote: »
    I expect to hear stuff from Capcom about Marvel at E3 but has the delays of Ed and S2.1 patch push back any future news to July?

Naw, my understanding is two different teams... marvel is working on the story and content where capcom (not dimps) is working on the fighting. Even combofiends job was refilled as he went to permanently work on infinite.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • twocoinstwocoins New account -- been around 10 years. Joined: Posts: 611
    Im +1 for eagle too.

and Sodom, Haggar, Lucia, Oro, and Q. And Dudley...but i can wait for him because i don't want to be too greedy.

I feel Eagle has decent chance considering they may want to complete the ALPHA series roster with Eagle and Sodom eventually. Eagle is BLONDE and Capcom loves blondes. And would make sense for Karin to hire as a bodyguard and be the Day/Night to Birdie.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,994
    If Eagle is in season 3 I would buy a ps4, sfv and seasona 1 to 3 just because of him

smart man, have a taunt animation
    tumblr_o7a0a1Q1PC1uhfq0qo1_250.gif

NO TAIM FOR LEWZEERZ
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 1,936
    Eagle is great. His design is simple, streamlined and effective. I'd be really sad if he never made it to sfv. Considering season 3 is likely going to be the long requested characters(sagat, Sakura, oro, Viper, cody, etc.) , I don't see him being on before S4...If that even happens.
    With Ed's release, Cody is less of a mandatory addition than I thought. Ed's already a snarky brawler with an antihero complex. Hopefully, this means we still get Final Fight but we move on to Haggar/Maki instead of Cody/Guy. It's still enough of a connection to face them off against the FF1 bosses, but brings some new characters into the spotlight.

Honestly, the only argument I can make against Maki and Eagle are that they're blond characters in a game already oversaturated with them, attached to countries with substantial presence in the roster. Fighting styles check out, they're visually distinct (aside from hair, which could be thrown back on most characters not named Remy) and have a nice mix of established character and unexplored story. Then again, the hair isn't something Capcom appears to care about, so that might help. You have characters with a higher established fanbase like Sagat/Sakura, but Capcom appears just as interested in making characters who either had limited exposure (Birdie) or were just plain unpopular minus nostalgia (Balrog) into workable designs.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Pecking order Joined: Posts: 811
    is that old news that after Gouki all S2 characters are going to be originals ever been retconned?
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    ZioSerpe wrote: »
    is that old news that after Gouki all S2 characters are going to be originals ever been retconned?
    Retconned? You mean has Capcom ever withdrawn the statement? No.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce <------Not a Shill ('til Makoto happen) Joined: Posts: 2,768
    With Ed's release, Cody is less of a mandatory addition than I thought. Ed's already a snarky brawler with an antihero complex. Hopefully, this means we still get Final Fight but we move on to Haggar/Maki instead of Cody/Guy. It's still enough of a connection to face them off against the FF1 bosses, but brings some new characters into the spotlight.

Honestly, the only argument I can make against Maki and Eagle are that they're blond characters in a game already oversaturated with them, attached to countries with substantial presence in the roster. Fighting styles check out, they're visually distinct (aside from hair, which could be thrown back on most characters not named Remy) and have a nice mix of established character and unexplored story. Then again, the hair isn't something Capcom appears to care about, so that might help. You have characters with a higher established fanbase like Sagat/Sakura, but Capcom appears just as interested in making characters who either had limited exposure (Birdie) or were just plain unpopular minus nostalgia (Balrog) into workable designs.

Ed is definitely here to take Cody spot, Capcom often brings inspiration from previous characters. Laura is a different version of Abel also. Honestly I don't know which direction Capcom wanna take from next characters,but I wouldn't be surprised if even the remaining s2 characters have something similar with previous SF characters.

I'm not that intrigued by Haggar nor Eagle,but the latter looks an interesting addition for the future. Not Maki plz,the kunoichi spot is already taken.
    Outside cast variety preferences (like SFV NEED Sagat as it need MT/Thai rep), Cody was my personal -not SFEX lol- most requested return

Not sure Ed will does the job, even if i like the char

Said that from FF heroes i'm mostly neutral/dislike on them

Haggar: seem a gimmick more than anything, i get peoples like him and that have his own moveset, but ultimately he feel like an inferior-char-Zangief.
    The Gief got better chara design, iconic af, he's russian, bigger and stronger... plus already on SFV.
    Haggar is another wrestler, another USA.
    I don't dislike him though, just neutral and wish slots goes to who can bring more variety

Maki: Meh, enough with jap girls invasion. We got japgirl kunoichi, we got japgirl blond(s), don't feel we need Maki
    I like tonfas though, give it to somebody else lol

Guy: don't dislike him but neither feel extreme need of him. Specially without Cody friendly punching his ninja face.
    Also ever thought they need to do more as charadesign to differentiate his traits from Ryu, specially in SF games

Lucia: Cop girl done, blond girl done, USA chars done, wannabe american Chun Li, we got original Chun Li thank you.
    You want give me an american blond girl? Ok, give me RS Tiffany's boobs
    Lucia is one of most generic shits ever with a bit of following as every female have a bit of it
    She's like Blue Mary but without BM charisma or BM's Tits charisma
    And if we need an american female "cop", we got a better alternative in C.Viper

Kyle: he can be a nice idea, but back to FFSW he was absolute indefensible trash. And Kiki's redesign while better was boring as 90% of Kiki's stuff.
    IF they completely redesign him (like turn him into GodHand's Gene) then we can talk... but again, it will feel like get poor peoples Cody

Dean: Dean was a douchebag. Everybody know Dean was a douchebag.

Carlos is likely the only FFer that can bring some variety, and it's probably the one with the least supporters lol

• FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,463 mod
    You left out every Mad Gear rep which has a better selection than the main cast.

Main cast has Haggar, Cody, Guy and Maki. Nobody else is worth a slot.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn Truth? That's just something the internet is allergic to. Joined: Posts: 2,958
    Maki is the original Kunoichi!!! Fuck that, there's already Ibuki so no room for Maki?

Fuck off with that shit!

#MakiInSFVItsBeenPromisedSinceFinalFight2

TRIGGERED!
    Froztey wrote: »
    You left out every Mad Gear rep which has a better selection than the main cast.

Yes, i said FF "heroes"
    Mad Gear gang had more interessing possible options

Abigail may be #3 shadow
    Sodom
    Retu as kinda Honda replacer
    El Gado full of knives
    Belger with the chair, kinda like Modok... they can go crazy with it
    Rolento is a trickster motherfucker that can be fun af in SFV
    Bratken was a bigger and crazier Hugo
    Poison & Hugo as tag team char
    Callman with his old school gangster/bouncer vibe has ever looked fun to me

Also they could play the new Gang thing

capcom-fighting-allstars-death-finalfight.jpg
    latest?cb=20160804152102

Death will be so welcome, he remind me one of the most underrated villains of movies, motherfucking Top Dollar

• crash_and_burncrash_and_burn Truth? That's just something the internet is allergic to. Joined: Posts: 2,958

Yes, i said FF "heroes"

Abigail may be #3 shadow
    Sodom
    El Gado full of knives

latest?cb=20160804152102

Death will be so welcome, he remind me one of the most underrated villains of movies, motherfucking Top Dollar

Yes, i said FF "heroes"

Abigail may be #3 shadow
    Sodom
    El Gado full of knives

latest?cb=20160804152102

Fire it up! Fire it up! Fire it up!