SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,148
    Yeah, that last one is throwing me for a loop. Long hair, but it can't be Gill because the clothes don't match up. 2nd to last is also hard because I don't know how to interpret the sword/object on the right side. All I'm really sure of is that the first shadow is Helen/Kolin.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,572
    edited December 2016
    The "spike" on the lower leg of the last shadow make me think its either Garuda or Sodom?

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,409
    Soul7 wrote: »
    15241972_10155535011633047_1811088650013615479_n.jpg?oh=f4e364c4da898a2b8648c72b3adf5d67&oe=58BCB223&__gda__=1489073304_6259637e887314fa15609ff10e8e411e

This would be bloody fantastic.
    GARUDA!

This would be 4 Japan out 6, fuck that shit actually
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 637
    I agree that the first is either C. Viper or Helen (please be Viper!).
    I also agree with the second being Sagat.
    I want the third to be Q, but the nose looks too bumpy, as in not metal-like.
    That's an interesting angle on Sakura, which I didn't consider, but I still don't get the weapon-like thing sticking out.
    Also, yes, I think the last one is Sodom or Garuda (and hoping for Sodom).
    My guess

03_akumagallery01.jpg

1- Akuma lol

I give a 10% of any of the following being true lol, Capcom is fooling us with crappy silhuette

2- Helen seem possible.
    Fur hat seem to match, at some point it seem visible the wide part of her upper sleeve.
    27752179330_5ceb65824e_z.jpg?resize=585%2C325&ssl=1

3- Q seem possible.
    In particular silhuette seem to show the collar and the over-belt of his coat
    latest?cb=20160629143559

4- Anybdy pretending to see shit is bullshitting.
    Very likely a big, maybe gigantic char, but that's it.
    I can see why somebody seen there Honda, but i find him unlikely as char pick

5-Well, that's seem a female, of course.
    Closest hair line seem Satsuki
    hqdefault.jpg
    also where everybody see a sai, it may be the holes of a katana handguard and a piece of the blade, think something like
    clay-tempered-1095-high-carbon-steel-musashi-tsuba-katana-sword-real-kissakI.jpg_640x640.jpg

6- Being the last i think it will be somebody special and "boss" vibe as Urien was, my first pick will be Gill.
    Hairs, v shape back and calves seem Gill to me (aside maybe hairs being too spiky), and again, will make kinda sense.
    sf3_03.jpg
    I can see also Sodom and Garuda some suggested.
    And just to add something crazy, Tekken may return the favor and be
    latest?cb=20150623150436&path-prefix=en

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    By the way, assuming Sagat makes the cut, what ever happened with the Fei Long tease a couple of months back?!
    I'm feeling more and more that the silhouette shown this morning was a joke and the real silhouette (with at least 8 characters) is going to be revealed after Capcom Cup finals. Believe!

Yeah, that last one is throwing me for a loop. Long hair, but it can't be Gill because the clothes don't match up.

Tbh whatever you pick, dont stick to classic design

See Akuma, Alex, Sim, Rog, Vega, Juri, Ken, Urien etc etc

• Ars_PoeticaArs_Poetica Joined: Posts: 88
    If I'm being honest, I do see Garuda. I'm just gonna assume I'm looking at it wrong, because that would be random and bad. The rest I can't tell, but I still fully expect Oro, Viper, and Sodom to be among them.

Only 6 though. Profound sadness.
    If I'm being honest, I do see Garuda. I'm just gonna assume I'm looking at it wrong, because that would be random and bad. The rest I can't tell, but I still fully expect Oro, Viper, and Sodom to be among them.

Only 6 though. Profound sadness.

From what we (maybe) know thus far, the silhouette almost feels like a joke or is just really bad taste on Capcom's part on multiple levels.
    Can only hope that some of this stuff gets sorted out at the end of Capcom Cup.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    Confirmed all S2 characters besides Akuma are completely NEW characters. Like NEW to the universe.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    Just confirmed the 5 remaining characters are brand new. I'm hyped!
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 494
    Well, no returning characters confirmed...
    Yes, just saw that. Not happy, but whatever.
    They just sold the season pass to me in an instant.
    Nakayama-senpai just confirmed the five characters are "brand new to the SF universe."

Unless the season is 10+ characters, this is crap.
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That was surprising. New to the SF universe. Can't wait to see what they got up their sleeves :worried:
  • DeathReaper48DeathReaper48 Joined: Posts: 254
    well the past year of this thread just got put on fuckin blast

unless you just really like Akuma or some shit
    So ... what do they mean by "new to the universe"? Just not playable before, or never shown/mentioned? Do Eagle/Maki count as "new" despite being in A3MAX? What about the other SF1 characters?

Either way, @DarthEnder is probably triggered af right now. RIP Sagat/Sakura/Oro hype.
    @DarthEnder is going to be uber pissed.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,572
    edited December 2016
    I kinda have mixed feelings? I just hope these "new" were essential to the past back stories as much as possible! if "new" let it be from a unused real fighting discipline like they did in SF4 for Juri, fuerte and Abel that wasn't available in previous SF!

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    So ... what do they mean by "new to the universe"? Just not playable before, or never shown/mentioned? Do Eagle/Maki count as "new" despite being in A3MAX? What about the other SF1 characters?

Either way, @DarthEnder is probably triggered af right now. RIP Sagat/Sakura/Oro hype.

That's how I'm interpreting it. Characters who do not even have an encyclopedia entry.
    New characters will help solidify SF5 as its own unique entry to the series. Every chapter had a lot of new characters, SF5 having 9 new characters seems like a fair deal.

The oldies will obviously return in S3.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2016
    Hey member Sagat? Member Tiger Uppercut?

Yeah I member.
    You know what? Forget tourney-banned stages, Juri's "changes", and the lack of launch content. This is the ballsiest move for the series yet. I don't expect them to sell a lot of Season Passes though, if we have absolutely no idea what we're getting.

When's datamining
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,272 mod
    Is the butthurt at hemorrhoid levels here yet?

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I'm thinking (and hoping) now, and I wonder (although it's probably a long shot) if there will be six characters in the season pass and then another 4-6 characters outside the season pass that we'll all have to pay for separately.
    I mean, maybe Capcom is just going for something gutsy, which I think will ultimately hurt sales, but maybe they're also going for less popular characters in the season pass and then adding additional characters (e.g., Sagat, Fei Long) outside the season pass because they know that they're pretty much guaranteed sales so they can cash out more by making those available individually for purchase.
    They can still announce the mysterious masked Thai boxer Tiger Mask and the enigmatic Kyu.
    Since the characters will be brand new I better get her
    13_asuka01.jpg
    edited December 2016
    Since the characters will be brand new I better get her
    13_asuka01.jpg

Momotaro.jpg?resize=400%2C540

This quality like characters we need if new let it be new martial arts or fighting style that never been in any SF series.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,718 mod
    Doubt I'll buy half of these characters if they're entirely new, the only two that look interesting to me are the first two silhouettes.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
    If there's a robot I'll buy it.
  • Upcoming FighterUpcoming Fighter Joined: Posts: 517
    edited December 2016
    Season 2 hype is dead. (If sfv/4 newcomers are any indication)
    SFV Characters: Urien, R. Mika, Vega
    USF4 Characters: Dudley, Hugo.
    UMVC3 Teams: Magnes/Vergil/Doom, Nemesis/Taskmaster/Trish, Strange/Doom/Strider.
    SFXT Teams: Yoshi/King, Dudley/Steve, Vega/Bob.

• Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ イタリアの強大なユリアン Joined: Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Yes, it is.
    If nothing else, I have an excuse to now focus my time on non-SFV matters for the next year, and this time next year, I might decide to check out the scene again.
  • Upcoming FighterUpcoming Fighter Joined: Posts: 517
    HartleySan wrote: »

Yes, it is.
    If nothing else, I have an excuse to now focus my time on non-SFV matters for the next year, and this time next year, I might decide to check out the scene again.

Luckily I have Urien so I'll be ok but if I didn't have him I'd probably just go in on marvel 4.
    SFV Characters: Urien, R. Mika, Vega
    USF4 Characters: Dudley, Hugo.
    UMVC3 Teams: Magnes/Vergil/Doom, Nemesis/Taskmaster/Trish, Strange/Doom/Strider.
    SFXT Teams: Yoshi/King, Dudley/Steve, Vega/Bob.

Watch them all come crawling back when S2 characters are revealed to be AWESOME!!!! :coffee:
    I'm glad we're getting new characters. I'm not content with getting the same ol shit. I liked 3 of 4 new characters in SFV so I'm looking forward to what season 2 brings.
  • ScotiaScotia There's a good chance I hate your favourite character Joined: Posts: 335

I'm not getting the Season Pass and apart from Akuma, I might not even get any of the other S2 characters. Capcom have murdered any hype for Season 2 in cold blood. This is the dumbest thing they've ever done to Street Fighter since doing the exact same thing in New Generation, and that killed the series for ten years.
    "If I lose today, I can still win tomorrow. -Sean Matsuda

Mains

SF3
    Sean
    Alex
    Ken

SFV
    Ken
    Alex
    Ed

"We await your return, warrior..."