SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 619
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Except for Makoto, Karin and the Dolls - pretty much every single female Street Fighter character relies on sex appeal

Elena is only wearing a bra and panties
    Poison is walking in a tanktop with no bra and in really small shorts
    Chun-Li has the gigantic thighs
    Cammy is flashing her ass whenever possible
    Juri is a bi sex incarnate
    Sakura is all about pantsushots
    Mika has her ass and cleavage exposed
    Ibuki is practically naked under her ninja gi, and also all about pantsushots in her SFV incarnation
    Helen doesn't even have shorts or a skirt it seems / Kolin is the sexy businesswoman archetype
    Laura is a talking pair of tits
    Rose is wearing a skin-tight bodysuit underneath her dress, though she does possess some class compared to the rest

Makoto, Karin and the Dolls are all designed to have a certain type of sex appeal as well. It's just that their sex appeal is potentially a bit less overt and potentially more of the Japanese taste than, for example, Cammy.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rose alt!!!

24c14a90c08ff0e80a3d471cd206a5be.jpg

The password is fidelio!

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,391 mod
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Except for Makoto, Karin and the Dolls - pretty much every single female Street Fighter character relies on sex appeal
    Relies how? To do what?

To attract the audience. They don't design female characters to be sexy for nothing, otherwise everybody would be wearing just...casual stuff, like jeans and shirts an shit
    Same with alt costumes

Just Cammy, nobody else is taken that far
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    HartleySan wrote: »

Elena is only wearing a bra and panties
    Poison is walking in a tanktop with no bra and in really small shorts
    Chun-Li has the gigantic thighs
    Cammy is flashing her ass whenever possible
    Juri is a bi sex incarnate
    Sakura is all about pantsushots
    Mika has her ass and cleavage exposed
    Ibuki is practically naked under her ninja gi, and also all about pantsushots in her SFV incarnation
    Helen doesn't even have shorts or a skirt it seems / Kolin is the sexy businesswoman archetype
    Laura is a talking pair of tits
    Rose is wearing a skin-tight bodysuit underneath her dress, though she does possess some class compared to the rest

Makoto, Karin and the Dolls are all designed to have a certain type of sex appeal as well. It's just that their sex appeal is potentially a bit less overt and potentially more of the Japanese taste than, for example, Cammy.

I mean unless Karate Gi is considered sexy I don't see how Makoto has any sex appeal

Karin is wearing classy clothes

The Dolls' I could maybe see because of racial diversity
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,364
    Daemos wrote: »
    Azam = Poor man's Darun.

Besides we already have ample amounts of grapplers.

Ed = Balrog/Bison hybrid? Play CvS1 Bison and call it a day. Also aren't you sick of fucking adolescents?

I'm not liking Ed but agree those CVS1 Bison specials move set needs to comeback.

if possible not from him. The only interesting part about him is just psycho power not even his relationship with Balrog would ultimately make him a better boxer on that time and age, because Balrog didn't have a fatherly figure and probably a worst teacher unless they would suddenly change his characterization which is awful.
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    I think you're holding the female characters to a higher standard there.
    He absolutely is. He's intentionally oversimplifying the female character's descriptions beyond what he's doing for the male characters.

The majority of the male characters are just as tropey and one-dimensional as any of the female characters.
    If the depth of Helen's design is "she's from a cold place so she has ice powers", I would be really disappointed.
    Well, she's already said that her power comes from Gill's power. So if that's literal and not metaphorical, her having ice powers like him would be fitting. Although if they go that route, it would make sense for Gill to also have a minion with fire powers.

Also, her disguise at the end of the game disappears in what appears as a shattering of a wall of ice.
    Kolin is SF's Vice/Mature.

Give her some ice powers and she'll be fine.

Yeah, Kolin could be a Vice/Mature without there weird body posture. She would be like those boss's personal bodyguard girls like of those retro spy movies.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    The only interesting part about him is just psycho power...

Play Bison. Demand Rose. /Happyending
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,240
    edited December 2016
    javert wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    "We want characters that are diverse and take into consideration nation and martial art"

*Adds Azam*

Rashid 2.0
    Except Rashid and Azam don't practice the same martial art.

1- Azam = Poor man's Darun.

Besides we already have ample amounts of grapplers.

2- Ed = Balrog/Bison hybrid? Play CvS1 Bison and call it a day. Also aren't you sick of fucking adolescents?

3- We also already have an Arab, Russian, and "Clone" character in the game. New martial arts, and new nationalities please.

1- Pls share with me these Azam gameplay videos you have :o

1- Welp, being big and having Zangief as the closest relationship does suggest he could be a grappler.

2- That drawing where he is doing the double lariat while Rashid is sweating the big anime drop doesn't help either.

3- That said, instead of being a grappler Azam could be that big old guy that happens to hit quite hard, like powered up Tung Fu Rue or Kum Hyaehun. Big, hard, technical hitter could certainly be a legit archetype with less overlapping with Zangief. The Gouken fans would be on suicide watch, however.

1- Well, Rashid is his closest link to a SFV char
    Actually his link with Gief was'nt even wrestling/grappling but Azam being a famous body building figure irc

2- I take as legit objection the lariat thing lol, but rotation may be/is a central point of theyr (his and Rashid's) style... after all, Rashid's "SRK" is not that far from the lariat concept... i can see Azam's "lariat" being some middle way between the two, or used to develop wind, or being just a sketch joke lol

3- Exactly. I'm not denying that as big dude he's likely to get a command throw(they usually get one), but this will not automatically make him fall into the "wrestler" archetype (also because many not-grapplers have a command throw)... as said i can see him get specials a la T.Hawk, where not-throws cover a big role.

He's not just a "big char", he seem able to control wind as Rashid (maybe better), and in the cinematic he looked kinda fast/agile/not heavy for his size.

Said that even if he end up full grappler + wind control, the thing of have "energy attacks" game itself will instant make him unique in SF universe for how i see it, are two worlds rarely seen in the same char
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    edited December 2016
    Rose alt!!!

Feel kinda asian, like something done by a korean on deviantart

Give me a more european vibe pls

Considering the visual link between Rose and Bellucci, maybe give me this

10a3deb61a00d85a41f394e59e85e5b2.jpg
    tumblr_myl8osMnLS1sdtaqko5_250.gif
    with this mask
    3187db9899fe88a85a28965f87b349ac.jpg

Also i can appreciate something like
    BOTWpic1.jpg

And if they ever go modern
    monica-bellucci-matrix-red-dress-wallpaper-4.jpg
    damn

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    Miss Belucci

What a fantastic woman she is

God bless Italy
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,082
    Rose alt!!!

There's no visual link between Monica and Rose, Capcom created the latter as a reference to Lisa Lisa from JoJo and when Lisa Lisa was created sure thing Araki didn't know who Monica Bellucci was. At least this thing could be an idea for a possible restyling in the future, but that's it.
    edited December 2016
    Lol, the waifu chara design debate resurrected without my help :D

Next will be my only post about it, quoting that good and reasonable post by @javert , then i will let it go because it's like explain colors to blind peoples

1- Well that's a general rule no only about fighting games but about every other entertainment media. People at large* want to see prime women and prime women mean young hot ones. Before you feel like complaining about that, remember that's the same reason we don't see nerds, ordinary salarymen or homeless beggars in fighting games either. People at large* also want to see prime (strong) men, it's just that these can be visually more varied.

*Myself included.

2- Also variety of look doesn't imply variety of gameplay. Look at the most popular SF characters:

Men: Ryu, Ken , Akuma , Sagat, Bison.
    Women: Chun Li, Cammy, Sakura, Juri , Karin.

Which side is the one that has 4 characters of a single archetype? Which side is the one where none of its members shares the gameplay?

Provided that the design is not merely a headswap of each other, it is often the case that developers go an extra mile to give the female characters individuality through the moveset.

3- Get past the drawing and the coloring and start thinking of the characters with the controller on hand. This is first a game, second a comic strip.

1- The first point, bolded for truth, is exactly what it is and what some peoples pretend to don't see.
    And what make truth that for visual design variety of the cast a (large) majority of males is good.
    Because capcom males and females share some visual archetypes, but many other are covered only (or better) by males.

2- Really?
    Ryu/ken/Akuma+Sagat used as example of typical male characters variety? C'mon dude.

I know there's the smart selection on "popularity", wich is driven by peoples sheep mentality and like ever the same stuff (i'm the first to like Ryu, but then i want variety, he can be the only shoto for what i care) over and over... then you can add Evil Ryu if you want, and Violent Ken if he was a real thing lol, peoples will still pick them giving zero fucks if is repetitive stuff.

If we want be objective and honest we both know that even as gameplay archetypes the variety (also thanks to numbers don't deny that) is waaay easier to find on male side
    As said for numbers, but also for point 1 limitations, where most of times visual kinda translate into gameplay (example average/low health and reach, average/small hurtbox, fast/average speed etc etc)

3- This will make sense if gameplay variety/uniqueness was somehow an exclusive of females, but there's nothing that prevent males to be very different in both visual AND controller on hand gameplay. Actually is exactly what happen.

End of all, in my honest opinion peoples should just admit to want more female characters (i've no problem with honesty) and stop there.

Bring in "variety" on the debate only damage theyr argument (if we are not talking about old/fat/giant/ugly wierdo female characters), also because often they show very heavy double-standards lol

Personally i'm just glad Capcom still show confidence on how build a various cast instead follow 2016 internet peoples instructions

NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Rose alt!!!

There's no visual link between Monica and Rose, Capcom created the latter as a reference to Lisa Lisa from JoJo and when Lisa Lisa was created sure thing Araki didn't know who Monica Bellucci was. At least this thing could be an idea for a possible restyling in the future, but that's it.

As if SF designs don't have (or gain) multiple inspirations lol

SFA Rose was just Lisa Lisa, SF4 one seem have took some resemblance with Bellucci (not surprising as MB is likely the most international recognized symbol of italian beauty), to the point that many see it and even the wiki mention it

"In official art for the Street Fighter IV games, Rose's face looks very similar to (and may be inspired by) Italian actress Monica Bellucci. "

Rose alt!!!

As if SF designs don't have (or gain) multiple inspirations lol

SFA Rose was just Lisa Lisa, SF4 one seem have took some resemblance with Bellucci (not surprising as MB is likely the most international recognized symbol of italian beauty), to the point that many see it and even the wiki mention it

"In official art for the Street Fighter IV games, Rose's face looks very similar to (and may be inspired by) Italian actress Monica Bellucci. "

Rosesf4.jpg
    Monica_Bellucci_1.jpg

Not even close,lol. That wiki and some of their concepts are made by fans, isn't a general statement. Capcom has often used JoJo characters designs for their ones, Rose is no exception,her SFA stage was Venice where Lisa Lisa meets Joseph during the series. I get it, you want to see this connection between the two,but sadly there isn't. If Capcom would give to Rose a more Bellucci inspired look, they've failed imo.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,641
    edited December 2016
    1- Well that's a general rule no only about fighting games but about every other entertainment media. People at large* want to see prime women and prime women mean young hot ones. Before you feel like complaining about that, remember that's the same reason we don't see nerds, ordinary salarymen or homeless beggars in fighting games either. People at large* also want to see prime (strong) men, it's just that these can be visually more varied.
    1- The first point, bolded for truth, is exactly what it is and what some peoples pretend to don't see.
    No. Everybody fucking sees it and knows it's the truth.

The problem is you using waifu as a term to describe this phenomenon, when the word has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The designs of the female characters in SF are obviously pandering fanservice. But you insist on calling them waifus because you're a dipshit who refuses to look up what the goddamn word means.

And now you've turned Daemos into a dipshit too via dipshit osmosis!
  • kylebrkylebr Casually competitive Joined: Posts: 1,006
    edited December 2016
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/dec/07/are-you-favor-street-fighter-5s-remaining-season-2-dlc-characters-being-brand-new-let-us-know-our-latest-poll/

Not sure if it's been posted already, but 58% of EH readers dislike the idea of 5 brand new chars in S2.

Before you say "who cares about what Eventscrubs think", they are far more representative of FGC than SRK. Good or bad, it's a fact.

Rose talk here just rub salt in my wounds.
    CFN: kylebr92, Fightcade: kylebr, Steam: kylebr92.
    SFV: Guile, Karin.
    GG Rev 2: Ky, Johnny.
    SSB4: Mario, Marth, Cloud.
    kylebr wrote: »
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/dec/07/are-you-favor-street-fighter-5s-remaining-season-2-dlc-characters-being-brand-new-let-us-know-our-latest-poll/

Not sure if it's been posted already, but 58% of EH readers dislike the idea of 5 brand new chars in S2.

Before you say "who cares about what Eventscrubs think", they are far more representative of FGC than SRK. Good or bad, it's a fact.

I think Capcom knows very well how people aren't exactly all enthusiasts about having only new characters and just Akuma as a returning one. I'm in the pissed one group, so I'm pretty curious who those characters are.
    No. Everybody fucking sees it and knows it's the truth.

The problem is you using waifu as a term

:)

edited December 2016

That's why Capcom move required balls, of course the initial response was going to be salt, whining and doomsday

Expected worse, like 75%/80% salt... 58 is even good, lol

Specially now, that everybody know the price "oh no, muh character!!" but not what SFV cast will gain with newcomers

Peoples as now can only see the negative side of this thing, aside the minority happy on general to see SFV get new characters

If the 5 are cool and well received, at the end of S2 it will be a successful move

But after all some will still be salty, personally i hope S2 will be successful so we will see some more new concepts in future

• crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,025
    I think their plan is to surprise everyone and announce a second batch of characters for Season 2, sometime in the 2nd Quarter of 2017. That second batch will be returning characters. Even if S2.5 is only four returning characters, if we count Akuma, that would be 5 new and 5 returning and 10 total, and I'd bet people would be head over heels with hype.

Do it, Capcom!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,364

I just don't like the all-shoto-season or all-projectile-season S2 that would kill the hype for the rest of other season if they can't bring easy fan favorite characters.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 779
    edited December 2016
    Not even close,lol. That wiki and some of their concepts are made by fans, isn't a general statement. Capcom has often used JoJo characters designs for their ones, Rose is no exception,her SFA stage was Venice where Lisa Lisa meets Joseph during the series. I get it, you want to see this connection between the two,but sadly there isn't. If Capcom would give to Rose a more Bellucci inspired look, they've failed imo.

They failed on the in-game model, for sure, but I definitely think the official art for SF4 uses Bellucci as a face reference for Rose.

Obviously in her Alpha appearances there was no Bellucci element as Bellucci wasn't internationally famous yet.

rose-sf4-artwork.jpg
    Monica-Bellucci-5.jpg

Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Render-Rose.jpg
    Monica+Bellucci+Matrix.jpg

rose-s4.png
    monica_bellucci_09-768x613.jpg

SFV: Laura, Kolin, Cammy, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Starfire. | MvCI: Morrigan, Gamora, Captain Marvel. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,919
    edited December 2016

Fuck EventScrubs. We matter.

Put in Eagle because just5 wants him.

I'll talk to the Illuminati about making Eagle/Ibuki 9-1 instead of 10-0 for your support. Your kunoichi shall be spared in the waifu* purging.

*@ DarthEnder
    Deal-with-it-Reaction-GIFS.gif
  • SkinzSkinz President of YorKeY fan club Joined: Posts: 56
    edited December 2016

That's why Capcom move required balls, of course the initial response was going to be salt, whining and doomsday

Specially now, that everybody know the price "oh no, muh character!!" but not what SFV cast will gain with newcomers

Peoples as now can only see the negative side of this thing, aside the minority happy on general to see SFV get new characters

If the 5 are cool and well received, at the end of S2 it will be a successful move

But after all some will still be salty, personally i hope S2 will be successful so we will see some more new concepts in future

I agree. I am part of the minority that is hype for the new characters.

I feel like Capcom really needs to nail the release of the first 'new' character. If it's a rubbish/cheap design with matching gameplay then it's really going to hurt them as it would just further prove the haters point of not going with returning characters.
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 619
    Skinz wrote: »

I feel like Capcom really needs to nail the release of the first 'new' character. If it's a rubbish/cheap design with matching gameplay then it's really going to hurt them as it would just further prove the haters point of not going with returning characters.

The first one is Helen, for sure.
    Prepare to be underwhelmed.
  • SkinzSkinz President of YorKeY fan club Joined: Posts: 56
    @HartleySan I actually like that character design, it's not over the top or very original. However I feel like the character can become very unique given the right archetype. Like others have said, I really hope she is an ice user. If Capcom delivers me an ice user they can have my first born son and all my money.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn We live inside a dream ... Joined: Posts: 3,025
    edited December 2016
    @HartleySan I actually like that character design, it's not over the top or very original. However I feel like the character can become very unique given the right archetype. Like others have said, I really hope she is an ice user. If Capcom delivers me an ice user they can have my first born son and all my money.

C'mon man, you know Helen is just gonna fling sparkling blue butterflies and touch bitches' foreheads and shit.

Real talk man.
  • Pro MarshmalloPro Marshmallo Joined: Posts: 494
    I'm pretty sure people are just shitting on the "all new characters" season simply not being able to expect anything loses to everyone's over-hyped expectations of whatever returning characters there are. The vast majority of SFV's player base will continue to do 3 things, play Ryu, play Ken, or tier whore whomever is the flavour of the month(s). Sagat and Sakura probably wouldn't see any more play than Guile does now after their launch week.
    SFV: Boxer, Claw, Alex
    USFIV: Boxer, Dictator, Guile, Hugo, Dudley
    Injustice: Zod, Bane
    KOF XIII: Vice, Clark, Leona
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,813
    I remember how Alex and Urien where super requested chars and I barely see any of them online or offline.
    At least would I play what I ask for, I even play Juri..... until I get better subs. Rose or any of my lovely Dolls would be perfect.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!

I think they need

1- smart chara design: this is the first thing peoples on all levels can notice. It will be smart on theyr side chose easy to sell designs... i mean, even Fang and Rufus are quality designs (actually better than some others), but to average not-designer peoples they're just "too goofy" trash etc.
    I will have no problem with more "extremes" (freak/wierdos etc) designs and i will laugh watching the internet outrage&tears but truth is they will damage the new characters cause being easy target "We did'nt got Xxxxx for THIS -insert pic-, fuck you capcom!" and sheeps will push teh likes

At this watching silhuettes i think they're ok.
    1 and 4 are likely waifus wich usually get a free pass (or at least a sympathizer group) no matter what, 2 seem a normal male char, 5 seem a try-hard cool male char.
    Maybe 3 (the big guy) will get shit no matter what because you know the manginas/kidz crowd, but is a reasonable tribute to variety... also he may end up being very fun/unique and still be liked a la Hakan with his oil gimmick

2- gameplay uniqueness: i think this is kinda a safe bet, each of the 4 current newcomers of SFV bring something new

3- Make them (or most of them) both tournament viable and easy to pick up... wich don't mean necessary over simple, just that theyr basic tools are easy recognizable and work solid.

4- Make them flashy. You can obtain this in many ways, with visual unique abilities (example Helen/ice if happen will work), stylish af combos, over the top fight style/moves, some visual trait that make them instant recognizable.
    At this Capcom is good usually

5- Promote them to casual through Story/Cinematic chapter 2: Rashid and Fang were kinda disliked (Shid ignored, Fang hated due look), but cinematic did great with them and after it i've seen internet negativity kinda disappear.
    Necalli was easily the coolest design but be a fails combo in story mode turned him into some kind of walking joke (ironic since he just get beated by motherfucking Ryu and Bison, and he will likely have fucked anybody else 1v1), Laura have basically no role and got kinda ignored

I know point 5 sound ridicolous, but a good casual pack around the char help it greatly to be accepted.
    More than that, ones that start with SFV or started recently will easier get attached to characters that "start" with them... we have seen it many times both in SF (think SF3 gen hating on SF2 vets, 09rs giving zero fucks at supposed SF3 holiness etc) and other things (sport it's the first example that come to my mind)

• gigglzgigglz Joined: Posts: 493
    What if the 5 new characters are actually Tekken characters..?! lel
    edited December 2016
    You have a point, we might see one crossover character. One.

Maybe that last shadow could be Jinpachi or Heihachi or something.
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 2,130
    Cipher wrote: »
    I remember how Alex and Urien where super requested chars and I barely see any of them online or offline.
    At least would I play what I ask for, I even play Juri..... until I get better subs. Rose or any of my lovely Dolls would be perfect.

I see a lot of Uriens
    Can my anti air please not trade
    Rose alt!!!

It's not Asian, it's modern or futuristic even.
    edited December 2016
    It looks Spanish in design, but could probably be played off as something Renaissance Italian era as well. Definitely not Asian though, you can clearly see the crosses at the lower end of the design. It's European for certain.

Probably Spanish Conquest era. Could be wrong though.
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Rose alt!!!

It's not Asian, it's modern or futuristic even.
    Froztey wrote: »
    It looks Spanish in design, but could probably be played off as something Renaissance Italian era as well. Definitely not Asian though, you can clearly see the crosses at the lower end of the design. It's European for certain.

Probably Spanish Conquest era. Could be wrong though.

I've not said it well, i mean as art style

It try to look italian/european (so the venice-like style mask/dress, the cross etc) but stylistically it seem like something done by a deviantart korean guy with a graphic tablet lol

It remind me example the style used for some pc MMO or KOEI/Phantagram guys

Kinda like these are american and not japanese but
    tumblr_n2zlyckN5M1rpfx57o1_400.giftumblr_mwdaouCATa1rpfx57o1_500.gif

edited December 2016
    gigglz wrote: »
    What if the 5 new characters are actually Tekken characters..?! lel

Never going to happen, max 1 (Heiachi?) if they want return the Akuma "favor"

But

Dragunov
    Kazuya
    Bruce if no MT rep is coming
    Claudio if no italian is coming
    Law if Fei Long is'nt coming

dVDJiez.gif

• RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 797
    Question, was Ingrid stated as one of the Street Fighter representatives in Project X Zone 2?
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood