SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 415
    edited August 8
    Abigail was never interesting until he was redesigned.
  • crash_and_burncrash_and_burn "Another shade of empty, another shade of blue, another shade of yellow, Sunset yellow ..." Joined: Posts: 2,986
    I can't believe no-one is mentioning or asking for ...

... Dan!

Dan really needs to be in SFV.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,911
    edited August 8
    You wrote: »
    Cestus wrote: »
    SF4 chara design

Juri/Hakan>Abel/Gouken>>> others

Simple as that.

The worshipping of Viper mixed with the demonization of not worse designs is a good indicator of how much capcom should keep give no fuck about what audience think

I blame internet for letting you peoples interfering with pro designers lol

So do you just think spewing out your own opinions condescendingly makes them any more valid?

More often if you would observe the way he consistently justify things of which is which is more into relativity to HNK and Sports, then an average photoshop skills. Relativity is always his way to give justification it doesn't really give the true essence of why things should be.

I respect his knowledge on sports and martial arts trends, I do like majority of his popculture and "nostalgia" edits of altering kiki's art direction CFN profile, yet he has his own biases archetype preference of who or whom should not be in place without looking into the consequences, different areas and aspects.

Since someone claims to be reliable via entitlement.

I myself have been a designer for almost a decade that handles huge projects and bigger brands before I shift more into a complicated aspect of design that was different and more than just visual concepts which I was, then latter I did take some rest for a while, I don't count it as an entitlement to be everything automatically correct by default but rather to know everything from via observation from which is sensible and reliable thoughts.

I understand people to dislike a characters for it's movelist, playstyle, animation, gender, story, visual or whatsoever character by traits or design using opinions and standard preference that is an okay but using profession and experience as a ticket of being omniscient rather than explaining the reasons behind the disliking and hating, That is some kind of elite narcist perspectives.

Because even the inexperience and unprofessional can have ideas of creativity and be more knowing by means of talent and familiarity/awareness/understanding, while confidence and pride can be self decisive too.

The truth is, It's never really about winning an argument and discussion or being favorable by the many to agree with but it's more about the details on how the opinion of is covey along with the reason behind the why is this should be or why it should never be.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,429
    edited August 8
    Fretless94 wrote: »
    Which is why he shouldn't have been brought back in the first place.

And he's still not interesting.
    I really can't imagine Dan coming back. Dan's a joke character, and there's no reason for people to pay extra money for a character that is deliberately made to be worse than everyone else.
    Agreed. If they make him balanced, it defeats the whole point of the character. If they make him intentionally crappy, nobody is going to want to pay for him.

The only way I see him getting in is if they give him away as a free bonus character between seasons or something.
    DarthEnder wrote: »

I find him far more fun to play than Sodom, Rolento, Hugo, or any other Final Fight character.
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,508 mod

I find him far more fun to play than Sodom, Rolento, Hugo, or any other Final Fight character.

None of those characters are present so how would you even know that
    edited August 8
    Because I've played them in the other games in which they were present?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 2,911
    edited August 8
    He would be tolerable if they bit knell his stance like juggernaut and potemkin to a line his vision to his opponents.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • FrozteyFroztey The Ascended One Joined: Posts: 8,508 mod
    Because I've played them in the other games in which they were present?

My hand is driving itself into my face at blinding speeds
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 5,835

... Dan!

Acrually Omega Dan was ton of fun, but still to shoto on the aesthtic spectrum

But i will totally support Dan inclusion if they give him a totally different design and alter A LOT his moves... maybe even his martial art,pretensing he mastered a new forbidden deadly art (and still suck lol)

Something like Mr.Karate with tengu mask and all LOL
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Dan with the V Ken under armor would be pretty slick.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

... Dan!

I really can't imagine Dan coming back. Dan's a joke character, and there's no reason for people to pay extra money for a character that is deliberately made to be worse than everyone else.

Characters don't force you to pay moneys

Also most of characters are designed as NOT top tiers lol

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts
    edited August 8

... Dan!

Even if you used fight money and not real money, that's still a waste of fight money for a character that you generally won't be winning more fight money with. And even if most characters aren't designed with tiers in mind, there's a difference between them and a character whose entire purpose in existing is to suck more than everybody else. Dan definitely IS designed with how bad he'll be in mind, that's the entire point. He's Ryu but with moves that lack any sort of effectiveness.
    If a character gets released and they suck tier-wise, like Juri from what I hear, there's always the chance that said character will be rebalanced in the future to make them suck less. That's not the case with Dan or any other joke character. They're SUPPOSED to suck, so buffing them would go against the entire point.
    Post edited by Fretless94 on
    edited August 8
    Even if you used fight money and not real money, that's still a waste of fight money for a character that you generally won't be winning more fight money with. And even if most characters aren't designed with tiers in mind, there's a difference between them and a character whose entire purpose in existing is to suck more than everybody else.

Agree on this part, The rest isn't about the lore nowadays since SF4 because in some areas Dan is better than Ryu in terms of viability/effectiveness of moves. The personality and animation does the job to represent the lore not the effectiveness which is seen also in SF4.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • Megaton ClawMegaton Claw Mad Gear Member Joined: Posts: 83
    Im starting to have this fear that we wont see the next DLC character before october, doubt we get the character this month since we just got Abigail.
    Capcom seems to only focus on one fighting game a month when it comes to marketing lately, so next month will probably be all about MVCI...
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,429
    Wouldn't that be September then? Since it's August?
  • WallyWally From Nobody To Nightmare Joined: Posts: 50
    Im okay with Rufus with his moves but ireally hate his story, it's the most retard ever having mistaking every blond to be ken master it's too much it's not even funny.

Rufus would have a field day in Blonde Fighter V.

They call me Wally, Big W like the Killa Beez..
  • WallyWally From Nobody To Nightmare Joined: Posts: 50
    Abel: I must admit, was not interesting to look at when first announced. But playing him was so much fun he became my main. Ripping people out of the air with Falling Sky was so satisfying. He should return.

Viper: I'm really surprised with the Viper hate. I feel she is the best character to come out of IV. Wasn't really big on Juri. She's okay. So what if Viper only wears a suit. Urien wears a suit and before that, he wore nothing but a thong. Viper is sexier. She should return

Rufus: Should never return... The fact that he could've been King Cobra makes him worse.

Elf: Wasn't a bad design. It's just his story and reason for being in the game is beyond retarded.

Gouken: Not much to say, he should return.

Seth: Garbage. Worst design next to Rufus. However, If they redesign him, put some clothes on him, give him some type of transformation on the level of Birdie or Abigail, I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Hakan: I hated Hakan at first. His design is interesting, I just hated the innuendo that came with his super. I wouldn't mind seeing him return.

Oni: No need

Poison: Bleh. So much controversy over this character. If people want her, I don't care either way.

Decapre: Gameplay-wise, she might be fun but Capcom fucked up by reusing Cammy assets. If they give her a complete makeover (Which if she made the game, they would) a different body-type, different normals, she shoud return.

They call me Wally, Big W like the Killa Beez..
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Pecking order Joined: Posts: 841
    I'd be honest the first time I saw El Fuerte I was like "I could main that" based on looks alone.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 273
    I feel like this is how the design meeting went down for El Fuerte.
    "Okay, so what do we know about Mexico?"
    "Masked wrestlers!"
    "That's good! That's good! What else?"
    "Uh...tacos...burritos...tortillas...guacamole...quesadillas..."
    "Good, let's go with that."

They say he might be a reference to that Nacho Libre movie.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596
    Froztey wrote: »
    If Q isn't Chun's Dad or a completey weakened and broken Bison ima flip tables

I'd prefer it to be Bison on his last legs though. Like a broken hollow shell of a human.
    *V-Triggered*
    Naaaaaah, I don't like either of those ideas, they rob Q of uniqueness and relegate him to a +1 or alternate costume. Hell no to Q being Chun's dad, it's a weird move that drags Chun back to "I must avenge my father mode" after she got some closure in SF4. I've ranted on this before, but I'll save it to something short. If he's her dad, where's he been all this time? If he's a Shadaloo creation why did Bison never use him? I'd rather he be used to bring in something entirely new or tie him into the Illuminati storyline.

If Q is Dorai, then we'll spend a few games with her doing the tired "fight the control! I know you're still in there" shtick or something similar. It's a dull dead end. They can't just walk off into the sunset, he's clearly disturbed and damaged in some way.

I just keep running into people who want this outcome for Q, would you be willing to tell me why you want this? I just see it having problems for Chun Li (regressing her), killing Q's potential and dragging yet another supposedly dead character back into the series.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Pecking order Joined: Posts: 841
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    dragging yet another supposedly dead character back into the series.

Well Zombie games are still popular.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    Wouldn't that be September then? Since it's August?

i think it's because a leaker said that she was either August or october together with Zeku

I feel like this is how the design meeting went down for El Fuerte.
    "Okay, so what do we know about Mexico?"
    "Masked wrestlers!"
    "That's good! That's good! What else?"
    "Uh...tacos...burritos...tortillas...guacamole...quesadillas..."
    "Good, let's go with that."

Elf got Kinnikuman an ElStingray (Slammasters) references in his design, he's not random
    Also i remember him to have some very nice concept design key points like his stature, the focus on calves and the sound of his shoes when sprinting

Food part may be silly but is exactly the kind of "logic" stereotype links SF is made of

ps: they could have gave him his snake-based cool third costume as is easily much more marketable (specially inbthe west) but he will have lost a lot of his uniqueness

... Dan!

Even if you used fight money and not real money, that's still a waste of fight money for a character that you generally won't be winning more fight money with. And even if most characters aren't designed with tiers in mind, there's a difference between them and a character whose entire purpose in existing is to suck more than everybody else. Dan definitely IS designed with how bad he'll be in mind, that's the entire point. He's Ryu but with moves that lack any sort of effectiveness.
    If a character gets released and they suck tier-wise, like Juri from what I hear, there's always the chance that said character will be rebalanced in the future to make them suck less. That's not the case with Dan or any other joke character. They're SUPPOSED to suck, so buffing them would go against the entire point.

nothing prevent them from redesigning him in a way wich is still weaker/slower than Ryu, but give him V-tricks wich make him unpredictable and crazy

Also again, Omega Dan was'nt bad... actually was fun af to play

Froztey wrote: »
    If Q isn't Chun's Dad or a completey weakened and broken Bison ima flip tables

I'd prefer it to be Bison on his last legs though. Like a broken hollow shell of a human.
    *V-Triggered*
    Naaaaaah, I don't like either of those ideas, they rob Q of uniqueness and relegate him to a +1 or alternate costume. Hell no to Q being Chun's dad, it's a weird move that drags Chun back to "I must avenge my father mode" after she got some closure in SF4. I've ranted on this before, but I'll save it to something short. If he's her dad, where's he been all this time? If he's a Shadaloo creation why did Bison never use him? I'd rather he be used to bring in something entirely new or tie him into the Illuminati storyline.

If Q is Dorai, then we'll spend a few games with her doing the tired "fight the control! I know you're still in there" shtick or something similar. It's a dull dead end. They can't just walk off into the sunset, he's clearly disturbed and damaged in some way.

I just keep running into people who want this outcome for Q, would you be willing to tell me why you want this? I just see it having problems for Chun Li (regressing her), killing Q's potential and dragging yet another supposedly dead character back into the series.

Tbh the only that want Q to be Dorai are the ones whobwant to solve the enigma, if you get what i mean.

Q as Dorai is a crap idea, simple and straight lol

Ideal scenario is him being the broken product of either Illuminati or Shadaloo, better if the former

It will also be infinitely better if he get sold as a legit danger for his creators, something absolutely out of control

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,503
    Dan was weaker initially because he was just a nerfed headswap of Ryu. In SF4, he had potential to be a sort of shoto/brawler hybrid like Cody or Sakura, but his normals were way too ass. He had one of the best DPs in the game and some cool antics with his kick special. The V-System would actually make him perfect for SFV:
    - V-Skill can be his taunt. Standing/crouching taunts are fast ways of building VT like Birdie's donuts. Forward/backward V-Skill includes a roll that can be used to move through enemy attacks. Air taunt can alter your jump trajectory and mess with the opponent's AAs.
    - V-Trigger lets Dan cancel everything into his taunt, and cancel into anything from said taunt after a certain point in the animation. This enables crazy stuff like rolling after a DP (ghetto FADC), crossing the opponent up mid-combo with your roll, and throwing out many projectiles in a short time frame by canceling them.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,049
    If Menat was scheduled to come out in August we'd learn about her by now. Instead Capcom is keeping it silent. That can only mean that she'll arrive in September. But that doesn't make sense because then Zeku would have to arrive in November, and Capcom Cup is already in December.

Last year Urien came out in October, then there was a filler month of November with Akuma teaser at the end of the month, then S2 announcement and Akuma release in December

I'd assume Capcom would follow suit this year, which means that Menat and Zeku will come out at the same time in September (And no, I don't believe in Capcom enough for them to have back-to-back character releases, but we did see them drop two characters at once last year with Ibuki and Balrog at the end of June), but then they'd have teo empty months with October and November. So.... yeah

Kind of a weird situation, unless the leak was legit and we're indeed getting Menat this month since they fucked up with Abigail
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Hou_ShouHou_Shou DOG PERSON Joined: Posts: 35
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    If Menat was scheduled to come out in August we'd learn about her by now. Instead Capcom is keeping it silent. That can only mean that she'll arrive in September. But that doesn't make sense because then Zeku would have to arrive in November, and Capcom Cup is already in December.

We're not even ten days into August - we've got time for a Menat release this month.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,596

Tbh the only that want Q to be Dorai are the ones whobwant to solve the enigma, if you get what i mean.

Q as Dorai is a crap idea, simple and straight lol

Ideal scenario is him being the broken product of either Illuminati or Shadaloo, better if the former

It will also be infinitely better if he get sold as a legit danger for his creators, something absolutely out of control

Yeah, I can understand wanting to solve the mystery, I got into it and still have fun throwing around clues. For a while I thought it was David doing the superhero thing of hiding in plain sight, but now I'm not so sure. It's fun to keep speculating.

I actually would rather lean more towards him being Illuminati or tied to something else entirely. Shadaloo's gotten a lot of cool characters and concepts, but I still feel like we could give the Illuminati more things to play with in terms of lore. Also, now with Shadaloo majorly hurting and collapsing, I feel it would be kind of strange to suddenly introduce a character that's tied to Shadaloo after their last major event (for now) especially if he's coming in season 4. I think it would be a little late for that.

Yeah, I just don't like the Dorai idea (no offence to anyone who does, but I haaaaaaaate it). It feels like it will be shockvalue for a second and then go nowhere. Chun Li is moving well into her SF3 persona of a mother and mentor to many young children, but mainly Li Fen. This by no means is a dead end for her and could really blossom nicely. She's done with interpol, but not with fighting. We could see some cool things from this angle, introduce some new rivalries and really give a shot of energy to Chun Li's future stories, but dragging her back to wanting to find her father and avenge him is just circling the drain in my opinion. I liked her ending with Guile in USF4:
    "You know, everything that I've accomplished in my life I thought I had done it for my father. But now, I think there was more to it than that. After all is said and done, I think I was also doing it for myself. THere's so much more I could be doing. I owe it to myself. That's why I've decided to keep being a cop for now."
    She stopped living in the shadow of her father's tragedy and said "yes, I was inspired by him and wanted to avenge him, but I've got such skill and met amazing people over the years. I can help fight injustice and investigate crazy cases. I can do more than mourn for my father and I'm going to do that starting today."

Throwing that away would be a bad idea. We're seeing Street Fighter take risks with its story and moving towards something new and I appreciate that. I don't want to recycle anything at this point when we're so close to addressing SF3 and moving past it into a new tale.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Hou_Shou wrote: »
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

We're not even ten days into August - we've got time for a Menat release this month.

Alex got a blogpost on March 10th
    Guile got a trailer on April 19th
    Ibuki got a trailer on May 30th
    Balrog got a trailer on Jun 27th
    Juri got a trailer on July 21st
    Urien got a trailer on September 7th
    Akuma's announcement was made on December 3rd
    Kolin's announcement was made on February 9th
    Ed's annoucnement was made on May 8th
    Abigail's announcement was made on July 16th

Ever since Urien the paradigm is clearly shitfting towards announcements earlier in the month, while Menat didn't even get a mention since Ed's character story. This kinda implies we won't see her until next month, unless Capcom is preparing a trailer for Gamescom (like how they announced Vega there in 2015)
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Who knows, maybe we will get a Gamescom...something. They did say Ghost Rider will be at Gamescom for MvCI so...maybe there's hope?

Who knows, maybe we will get a Gamescom...something. They did say Ghost Rider will be at Gamescom for MvCI so...maybe there's hope?

Ghost Rider, Dormammu, Firebrand, and probably Jedah for MVCI
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Dan was weaker initially because he was just a nerfed headswap of Ryu. In SF4, he had potential to be a sort of shoto/brawler hybrid like Cody or Sakura, but his normals were way too ass. He had one of the best DPs in the game and some cool antics with his kick special. The V-System would actually make him perfect for SFV:
    - V-Skill can be his taunt. Standing/crouching taunts are fast ways of building VT like Birdie's donuts. Forward/backward V-Skill includes a roll that can be used to move through enemy attacks. Air taunt can alter your jump trajectory and mess with the opponent's AAs.
    - V-Trigger lets Dan cancel everything into his taunt, and cancel into anything from said taunt after a certain point in the animation. This enables crazy stuff like rolling after a DP (ghetto FADC), crossing the opponent up mid-combo with your roll, and throwing out many projectiles in a short time frame by canceling them.

i liked Omea Dan with the gatling punch special wich allowed cool juggles and combos, the new special throw with the ex stomp and that block cancel evasion mechanic that allowed him to run away from anything after first hit blocked.
    He even got his ex kick special (air version) turned into a dive kick iirc

He was overlooked being Dan but omega version was imho one of the funniest char of the game, and more good than peoples may expect lol

Wally wrote: »
    Im okay with Rufus with his moves but ireally hate his story, it's the most retard ever having mistaking every blond to be ken master it's too much it's not even funny.

Rufus would have a field day in Blonde Fighter V.

everybody is Ken Masters now

• Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hate to say this, but nothing SFV-related will be shown at Gamescom: http://www.play3.de/2017/08/09/capcom-enthuellt-line-up-fuer-die-gamescom-2017/
    I hate to say this, but nothing SFV-related will be shown at Gamescom: http://www.play3.de/2017/08/09/capcom-enthuellt-line-up-fuer-die-gamescom-2017/

Oh...thanks for the info. *goes into field and screams in rage*.

• truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,198
    Damn, I really liked that Super SFV leak roster. If Q, Oro and Necro get in I'd be so stoked...

Wich leak?
    Only i know does'nt have them

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387167
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, looks like there will be a SFV tournament at Gamescom on Friday, August 25th: http://www.insertgame.de/blog/gamescom-2017-booth-schedule

But, I doubt an announcement will be made on that day.
    Damn, I really liked that Super SFV leak roster. If Q, Oro and Necro get in I'd be so stoked...

Wich leak?
    Only i know does'nt have them

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387167
    That leak was shot down by the guy who initially leaked Season 2. He said only Sakura and Sagat are in Season 3.
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/jul/12/rumor-sagat-and-sakura-confirmed-sf5-oro-viper-necro-and-q-wont-make-it-season-3-says-reliable-eventhubs-user-flowtron/
  • Hou_ShouHou_Shou DOG PERSON Joined: Posts: 35
    Did Flowtron not say a release window/month then?
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,044
    whens dat menat?

shes either gonna be a super zoner that can leave orbs everywhere (probably once she activated her vtrigger she can dot them around, will probably be 3 bars. Orb as vskill would be too strong unless she can only place 1 at a time).

OR shes gnna be some super duper fast pixie type character. Either way shes gnna have probably the lowest health in the game.
  • YouYou Great gowns, beautiful gowns. Joined: Posts: 1,746
    whens dat menat?

shes either gonna be a super zoner that can leave orbs everywhere (probably once she activated her vtrigger she can dot them around, will probably be 3 bars. Orb as vskill would be too strong unless she can only place 1 at a time).

OR shes gnna be some super duper fast pixie type character. Either way shes gnna have probably the lowest health in the game.

Better be the first one but knowing Capcom it'll be the second one.
    Can my anti air please not trade
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,717
    whens dat menat?

The first one sounds like it could be fun.
    Fun Zoner are not allowed in SF, rejected.

I want shit like Yukiko from P4, were I can light the whole screen on fire.
    Will never happen, SF zoning has to be linear and boring.
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,357
    I wish leakers leaked how they play.
    whens dat menat?

tbh i expect her to be a bit of both, with long range magic shit and acrobatic movements at crazy speed

i expect her as the opposite of Abigail lol

But tbh fuck all that, when Zeku will be able to do ninjutsu murders izuna dropping fools with perfect badass ninja style? :(