SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• MiðgarðsormMiðgarðsorm Linguist, translator, et cetera Joined: Posts: 733
    RLAAMJR. wrote: »
    Question, was Ingrid stated as one of the Street Fighter representatives in Project X Zone 2?

She was explicitly stated to come from SFA3MAX, contrary to other SF characters (Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li) who simply had "Street Fighter SERIES" written over their profiles. It's obvious her background setting comes from her revised SFA3MAX one, whose translation I'm going to publish ASAP.
    »Ich heiße Bastian«, sagte der Junge, »Bastian Balthasar Bux.«
    »Ziemlich kurioser Name«, knurrte der Mann, »mit diesen drei B’s.
    Na ja, dafür kannst du nichts, hast ihn dir ja nicht selbst gegeben. Ich
    heiße Karl Konrad Koreander.«
    »Das sind drei K’s«, sagte der Junge ernst.
    »Hm«, brummte der Alte, »stimmt!«

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
    YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
    "So we can believe the big ones?"
    YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
    "They're not the same at all!"
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    "Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 598
    I'm trans so one of the 5 new characters better be a trans character or else..
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,235
    Mangy_Cat wrote: »

No Poison until at least S3 bro
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 598
    edited December 2016
    Cestus wrote: »
    No Poison until at least S3 bro
    Bro? Did..did you just call me bro?
    tumblr_m84h3tJkBC1qmxcc6o6_250.gif
    Jk, I don't mind.
    I meant for S2 though. A cool Shadaloo villainess like that would suit this game. Somehow I get the feeling Poison won't make it in SFV as there are too many fan favorites from SF3, alpha and SF2 who have yet to make it in.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 939

Ignore all bullshit/jokes around, pleased to have you here. It'd be amazing if both Poison and Roxy get a spot in the roster.
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 778
    I am obviously a biased fan but I do think Poison will make it in. Her Omega mode was pretty well-tailored for the V-System, and she's become crazy popular. I do think it'll take her a while, though.
    SFV: Laura, Kolin, Cammy, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Starfire. | MvCI: Morrigan, Gamora, Captain Marvel. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,628

No one asked if you're trans or not
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited December 2016
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Excuse me, but did she need to be so asked? :|
    We are in a thread about Character Request/Anticipation; as long as someone talks about the characters s/he wants or expects to see, and reasons about it, I don't understand how that could be off-topic.
    Besides, her statement made me laugh, no offence meant @Mangy_Cat ; as if I would want a translator character just because I'm a translator. :lol:

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,639
    Raccon wrote: »
    It'd be amazing if both Poison and Roxy get a spot in the roster.
    It'd be pretty shitty if they BOTH got spots on the roster.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    It'd be amazing if both Poison and Roxy get a spot in the roster.
    It'd be pretty shitty if they BOTH got spots on the roster.

Good. Now you're beginning to know how I feel about your request for all characters.
    Personally i will find funny/cool if Poison become an assist for Hugo like Nadeshiko is for R.Mika, fit the role even more than Nadeshiko

Also imho there's still room for Hugo, Gief is the muscle char but Hugo is the Giant... i will like see a gigantic char in SFV

But maybe the third mystery char will cover that, that shadow seem fucking huge

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 939

Since when this thread became a place where people use to write grossness, instead of just click "uh... no"? Calm down, man.

Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,358
    A single character that fights with hugo and poison is okay but a character that fights in pair with Roxy and Poison together in a round would be fresh and looks different

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
    edited December 2016

Since when this thread became a place where people use to write grossness, instead of just click "uh... no"? Calm down, man.

Sorry but I hate how the LBGT community members just have to point out that they're gay/trans/lesbo or whatever
    Why not just say something like "I'd like to see a trans character in SFV!"?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

Sorry but I hate how the LBGT community members just have to point out that they're gay/trans/lesbo or whatever

Because that was an essential part of her desire. She wants a trans character because she is one. Longing for a character with whom one can relate or identify oneself should be perfectly understandable, plain and simple... Even by those who never felt this need.
    I've never felt the need of a character that would share my gender, nor my nationality; yet I can understand both Mangy Cat and Cestus... Also without feeling the need to sound so rude.

MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!

Why does it matter to you? You guys talk about being hetero all the time.

In this case, her specific point was that she'd like to see a character like herself in the game. It's no different from Cestus wanting more Italians or whatever.

SFV: Laura, Kolin, Cammy, Menat. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Starfire. | MvCI: Morrigan, Gamora, Captain Marvel. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • IAmYagamiIAmYagami Garuda Joined: Posts: 269

Okay, PVL_93_RU.
    Huge fan of psychological warfare.

Atheist, Humanist, Extreme Pacifist. (Pacifism is opposition to war, militarism, or violence.)
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    You guys talk about being hetero all the time.
    No I don't.
  • gigglzgigglz Joined: Posts: 493
    Uhm... what kind of a request is "I want a transgendered char" anyway..? What is anyone (capcom) supposed to do with that info as a request for a fighting game..?
    What fighting style does a transgender have? And which nation do they represent..? I mean, I understand all this talk about feeling a connection to your character but just because you're "special" doesnt mean a big company has to follow all your wishes.
    Most of capcoms audience is probably typical generic boring white male with black/brown/blonde hair. There is nothing a fighting game character COULD ever have to make those people feel a "connection" apart from one or two personality traits.

Ryu is arguably the most popular character, yet his visual design is super simple and he's a wanderer.. Who feels a connection to something like that..? How the character plays is where his appeal comes from.

Asking for a transgendered/gay/lesbo is like asking for a carpenter/ librarian/ real estate agent in a fighting game, it's a minor character detail. That is something you can add later on for the personality, not as a basis for a character.

Capcom should just focus on making great characters again, if some of those happen to be trans/gay/lesbo/carpenter then so be it. If their only reason for being in the game is their sexuality or appeal to a certain 'minority' I'd rather not have them in there at all.
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    You guys talk about being hetero all the time.
    No I don't.
    I'm generalizing, obviously, but a ton of chatter on this forum is about how hot some of the female characters are to certain posters. There's nothing wrong with that! But it's just as much 'talking about sexuality' as someone mentioning they're LGBT.
    gigglz wrote: »
    Asking for a transgendered/gay/lesbo is like asking for a carpenter/ librarian/ real estate agent in a fighting game, it's a minor character detail. That is something you can add later on for the personality, not as a basis for a character.

Capcom should just focus on making great characters again, if some of those happen to be trans/gay/lesbo/carpenter then so be it. If their only reason for being in the game is their sexuality or appeal to a certain 'minority' I'd rather not have them in there at all.
    She didn't say she wanted that to be the main character trait, just that a transgender character was something she'd like to see. Some people would like to see more black characters, or more Europeans, or more Asians from countries other than Japan and China, or more old people, or whatever. It's not weird to want to see a specific background element.

In any case, with Poison already existing I doubt Capcom's going to add another transgender character to the franchise -- it's already remarkable that they have one to begin with -- so it's a moot point regardless.

It was a goofy comment and I'm going to stop defending it now but jeez.
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    One the subject of the new characters and Kolin/Helen, since there's good reason and enough speculation to say that she'd have ice powers, I'd love some real elegance in her animations. I don't mean I want her dancing, as others have said, she should get some real good combat enhanced with ice powers, but look at Birdie. Love him or hate him, I think he's one of the best animated characters in the game, he's just oozing personality. His walk backwards, forwards, the expressions and reactions in his moves, heck, the standing animation booger toss and even his sneeze when he's throwing you.

I want to see Helen have a lot of character in her animations. Something that shows off how she can sweet and then cold as ice. I'd love if after her CA or powerful attack being successful, she almost does a quick and small notion like she's saying a thankful prayer to Gill. I think there' a TON of aesthetic brilliance that they can giver her. Also, since I love her voice in English so much, it'd be great to hear her mocking the opponent almost like how in the Soul Series, Sophitia goes "I'm sorry"

I get what you say, and yes, i hope too if she's in that they do her animation theatrical and over-dramatic lol, it will really fit her

gigglz wrote: »
    1- Most of capcoms audience is probably typical generic boring white male with black/brown/blonde hair. There is nothing a fighting game character COULD ever have to make those people feel a "connection" apart from one or two personality traits.

2- Ryu is arguably the most popular character, yet his visual design is super simple and he's a wanderer.. Who feels a

Not that i agree or disagree, just a couple of considerations

1- Ironically large majority of us boring white (if help i'm tanned 9 months out 12) males are not blond, contrary to SF chars where 90% of white males are lol XD
    At least here, Ryu is visually physically closer to the average person than any Ken/Guile/Alex/Vega LOL

2- Tbh first of all Ryu is a motherfucking living Japan flag on so many levels lol.
    Also aside most of us joking about him being an hobo, his char is deeper than the surface, he represent the archetype of the martial artist, and the lack of more background is to avoid "distractions" from the martial path

• just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,916
    Capcom is in a weird position when if comes to making a new black character. There's already so many Americans that you aren't likely to get another one, and half of the four British people are nonwhite (over half if you exclude Cammy). Then again, I imagine there's a giant flashing sign in the design office saying "AFRICA", since we only ever got Elena from that continent. To put that into perspective, Mexico and France have 2 playable reps each throughout the series and those are only countries.

On the whole trans thing, I would be VERY careful what you wish for. We are lucky that Poison didn't blow up into a shit storm, largely because her stuff is so subtle. It's really hard to represent something like that in a fighting game without using horribly offensive stereotypes, which is the opposite of what anyone here wants. The only way I can see anyone being happy is repeating the process for Poison where a female character is arbitrarily labeled trans and the audience has to be constantly reminded of that because giving any masculine traits would be construed as implying trans people can't be a full member of their desired gender.
    bisonator wrote: »
    No trans people play SF. If SRK has taught me anything, its only traps and black guys that play SF
    Aren't traps a subsection of trans?

• GemakaiGemakai Making this look cool! Joined: Posts: 1,088
    No trans people play SF. If SRK has taught me anything, its only traps and black guys that play SF

Uh... Ricki Ortiz would like a word.

BBCP: Kokonoe, Bullet | GGXrd: Slayer, Elphelt, Ky | Skullgirls: Cerebella, Filia, Beowulf,
    SFxT: Elena, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Julia, Paul | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Decapre, Dudley

• bisonatorbisonator Joined: Posts: 624
    Gemakai wrote: »

Uh... Ricki Ortiz would like a word.

Its all just what shade you are. I'm just super light skin. A'la J-Roc
    nh58qs.jpg
    I have a [sexual deviation] so I want capcom to make a [sexual deviation] character
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

edited December 2016
    I have a [sexual deviation] so I want capcom to make a [sexual deviation] character

I don't think you know what sexual deviation means, and for you to think transsexuality is a sexual deviation is nothing more than a demonstration of your ignorance on the topic.
    Daemos wrote: »

I don't think you know what sexual deviation means.

It's called a fetish in other words
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Daemos wrote: »

I don't think you know what sexual deviation means.

It's called a fetish in other words

Transsexuality is a gender identity.