SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,240
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Anyone asking for Darkstalkers or guest characters in Street Fighter should get Gary Sanchez'd.
    Clearly his cup did it's job, because he continues like it ain't no thing.

Cups can save you to some extent, but the strike still hurt af

At least combat sport ones, no idea about baseball shit =)
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,368
    What i'm saying is that is how far Capcom can go but it isn't should be done. SLAMMASTERS and othe bcakground character needs to be in SFV. Before SF3 timeline

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • JustBrowsingJustBrowsing Joined: Posts: 11
    Arcade Edition has the SF1 arcade mode listed as being 4 fights. I make that Ryu, Ken, Birdie and I can't think who else... If January 16th is the release date, does that make Sagat more of a lock in than ever to kick off S3?
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 619
    Arcade Edition has the SF1 arcade mode listed as being 4 fights. I make that Ryu, Ken, Birdie and I can't think who else... If January 16th is the release date, does that make Sagat more of a lock in than ever to kick off S3?

Agreed. Just gonna have to wait and see at this point.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Sagat is coming 100%
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,277
    I'm so curious how the arcade mode will actually work
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,973
    My new wishlist for Season 3:
    1. Sodom
    2. Sodom
    3. Sodom
    4. Sodom
    5. Sodom
    6. Sodom
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,920

Birdie was adopted by the Alpha series. We need someone REALLY from SF1.
    Seriously though, we're not getting Eagle then... :sad:

Birdie was adopted by the Alpha series. We need someone REALLY from SF1.
    Seriously though, we're not getting Eagle then... :sad:

Well, if Sagat MT awesomeness and sakura's crap are supposed to be the first two S3 characters, Eagle was not going to be in for Jan 16 regardless of him being part of S3 or not

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,086
    I think that Arcade mode consider the characters released at that date only,so Sagat and Birdie will join Ryu and Ken as SF1 reps.
    SF2 arcade will most likely have Sagat/4 Kings. However, unless they force mirror matches in SF1, we need another character from that game. SF4 story also sounds kind of pointless if Juri is the only SF4 rep. Should SFV include the entire roster or just launch cast+newcomers?

Expecting the boss order to go:
    - Sagat (Ryu if you play Sagat)
    - Bison (feat. 4 Kings, boss changes if you pick one of them)
    - Bison (No Kings, Bison's boss is Ryu)
    - Gill
    - Seth
    - Necalli/Bison (they fight Ryu)
    SF2 arcade will most likely have Sagat/4 Kings. However, unless they force mirror matches in SF1, we need another character from that game. SF4 story also sounds kind of pointless if Juri is the only SF4 rep. Should SFV include the entire roster or just launch cast+newcomers?

- Gill
    - Seth

That is a good point. Can't really have a true SFIII and SFIV arcade mode without the bosses from those games. Hmmm...
    They'll just add the characters that were present in those games. Several characters in SFV were present also in SF3, SFA and SF4.
    Also a bit scared by Ono's comments about the "success" of the story mode in SFV. Please don't make another story mode!
    mykka wrote: »
    They'll just add the characters that were present in those games. Several characters in SFV were present also in SF3, SFA and SF4.

Honestly okay with Gill being added, but no interest in Seth.
    HartleySan wrote: »
    Also a bit scared by Ono's comments about the "success" of the story mode in SFV. Please don't make another story mode!

Why not? It only adds to the game. That is if they have the resources to do it, if not, then dont bother.
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,642
    Fuck off. That mode was a ton of fun, and I'd love to see another season of it.

A lot more than I want to see the stupid comic panel endings in this new Arcade mode.

- Gill
    - Seth

They're going to force mirrors,same story for the others SF. The fact Eagle isn't there don't prevent Capcom to put him in the game later, but the mode characters of SF1 are practically definitive: Ryu,Ken,Birdie and Sagat.
    mykka wrote: »

Honestly okay with Gill being added, but no interest in Seth.

None of them will be there.
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »

- Gill
    - Seth

They're going to force mirrors,same story for the others SF. The fact Eagle isn't there don't prevent Capcom to put him in the game later, but the mode characters of SF1 are practically definitive: Ryu,Ken,Birdie and Sagat.

Pretty much that is the starting point for SF1. If characters like Eagle or Adon get added to the game, then they'll be included in the ladder I assume.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,600
    Anyone asking for Darkstalkers or guest characters in Street Fighter should get Gary Sanchez'd.
    Clearly his cup did it's job, because he continues like it ain't no thing.

Nah, he was down for a while man. It was pretty bad. You should have seen the pitcher's reaction. He did stay in the game but he needed a bit to gather himself.
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Fucking die.

- Gill
    - Seth

Why would they force mirrors in one specific path? Arcade opponents aren't in a set order like Survival, and you only had mirrors in previous games when you picked a boss character (even then, there have been exceptions).
    I think a SF1 and a SF4 character are coming alongside Sakura/Sagat. In the case of SF4, possibly 2.
    Daemos wrote: »

Fucking die.

Wow! That's a dignified way to disagree. Way to go, bro.

- Gill
    - Seth

Why would they force mirrors in one specific path? Arcade opponents aren't in a set order like Survival, and you only had mirrors in previous games when you picked a boss character (even then, there have been exceptions).
    I think a SF1 and a SF4 character are coming alongside Sakura/Sagat. In the case of SF4, possibly 2.

Look at the SF3 mode, you have 6 matches. Atm we have Urien,Alex and Ibuki, honestly I don't think Capcom will include 3 characters from that SF in a row,same for SF4 and SF1,especially if some characters are present in all of them. Choosing a character you're going to play at least one mirror anyway, where's the issue?
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,368
    edited October 5
    Still Hoping for Lee and Eagle for SF1

NPC Gill is hopefully possible!

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Hirudegarn

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    What if the Arcade mode structure is hinting at the S3 character choices?

SF1 says there's 4 stages, but there's only 3 fighters that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, and Birdie. Clearly a confirmation of Sagat

SF2 says there's 8 stages, but there's currently 11 fighters that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Guile, Cammy, Gief, Sim, Vega, Bison, Balrog, Akuma. Seems to be hinting at one of the SF2 characters, most likely Fei Long (or Blanka, Hawk, DeeJay, Honda)

SF3 says there's 6 stages, but there's currently 8 that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Akuma, Urien, Alex, Ibuki. Maybe we'll see another Third Strike member to even it out?

SF4 says there's 8 stages, but there's almost double the amount of characters, 13, that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Cammy, Guile, Akuma, Balrog, Vega, Bison, Gief, Sim, Juri, Ibuki. It seems silly to have an SFIV dedicated substory but only have 1 character unique to that series. Maybe we'll see Abel after all? Especially since he appared in Shadow Falls

SFA says there's 10 stages, but only 15 characters that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Akuma, Guile, Cammy, Gief, Sim, Vega, Balrog, Bison, Karin, Nash, Mika, Birdie. We also have a confirmation of Sakura from flowtron, so that evens out the pool of characters to 16

And with SFV there's of course 11 stages and they can select whoever from the 28 characters that will be in the game by the time AE drops. I assume there will be 10 stages total and the 11th one will be for the Boss - Final Bison, V-Trigger Necalli, Shin Akuma
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,642
    edited October 5
    Wow! That's a dignified way to disagree. Way to go, bro.
    Some comments are so stupid that's the appropriate response.

You basically said the SF equivalent of "Hitler did nothing wrong."
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Unless all of S3 is getting released at the same time as Arcade mode in January, I don't see how that can be the case.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,121
    edited October 5
    When I saw this:

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2017/oct/05/street-fighter-5-arcade-edition/3/

I initially got really excited at the possibility of potentially 21 new characters! Then I realised its Capcom we're talking about... Sadly, I fear many of these fights will be against different "versions" of the character (see alpha ryu) or palette swap/skins. Eg. "Gill" as actually urien and "Sean" as actually Ken.

Heres hopin tho!

If you aren't interested don't play it. There are a lot players that do enjoy that type of content. I know personally, it really endeared Zangief and Rashid to me.

I'm fine with other people liking story mode. My issue with it is that Capcom taking the time to develop a continuation takes away resources and time that could be better focused on what I think are more important things.
    Or put another way: Would you rather have a second story mode or a way better online and gameplay experience? Easy choice for me.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,631
    edited October 5
    Unless all of S3 is getting released at the same time as Arcade mode in January, I don't see how that can be the case.

They don't have to have all those characters immediately. They can set up a foundation, and then add characters to a specific pool of opponents for each Arcade path as new characters are being released
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...

SF1 says there's 4 stages, but there's only 3 fighters that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, and Birdie. Clearly a confirmation of Sagat

SF2 says there's 8 stages, but there's currently 11 fighters that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Guile, Cammy, Gief, Sim, Vega, Bison, Balrog, Akuma. Seems to be hinting at one of the SF2 characters, most likely Fei Long (or Blanka, Hawk, DeeJay, Honda)

SF3 says there's 6 stages, but there's currently 8 that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Akuma, Urien, Alex, Ibuki. Maybe we'll see another Third Strike member to even it out?

SF4 says there's 8 stages, but there's almost double the amount of characters, 13, that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Cammy, Guile, Akuma, Balrog, Vega, Bison, Gief, Sim, Juri, Ibuki. It seems silly to have an SFIV dedicated substory but only have 1 character unique to that series. Maybe we'll see Abel after all? Especially since he appared in Shadow Falls

SFA says there's 10 stages, but only 15 characters that fit the theme - Ken, Ryu, Chun, Akuma, Guile, Cammy, Gief, Sim, Vega, Balrog, Bison, Karin, Nash, Mika, Birdie. We also have a confirmation of Sakura from flowtron, so that evens out the pool of characters to 16

And with SFV there's of course 11 stages and they can select whoever from the 28 characters that will be in the game by the time AE drops. I assume there will be 10 stages total and the 11th one will be for the Boss - Final Bison, V-Trigger Necalli, Shin Akuma

Also you'll have Sagat in SF2, SFA and SF4.

Look at the SF3 mode, you have 6 matches. Atm we have Urien,Alex and Ibuki, honestly I don't think Capcom will include 3 characters from that SF in a row,same for SF4 and SF1,especially if some characters are present in all of them. Choosing a character you're going to play at least one mirror anyway, where's the issue?

Taking Gill as the SF3 boss, that leaves 5 fights. You can totally make the rotation Ryu/Ken/Chun/Akuma/Alex/Ibuki/Urien and prevent mirrors. Alpha and SF4 also have enough to make a rotation (albeit maybe too reliant on the SF2 cast). SF1 is the only game that has this problem, so it needs to have more than we expect. Even Vega/Geki and Balrog/Mike would be acceptable. Capcom could have totally skipped over SF1 like they have with previous lists/compilations, but they very specifically included it.

The real question is, what SF1/SF4 characters are we getting? Viper is pretty obvious, but she might not be the only SF4 character in S3. SF1 clearly means Retsu/Eagle/Lee, maybe Adon, but Gen's dead and the others are too generic.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,703
    My issue with it is that Capcom taking the time to develop a continuation takes away resources and time that could be better focused on what I think are more important things.
    Or put another way: Would you rather have a second story mode or a way better online and gameplay experience? Easy choice for me.
    I'm pretty sure they've got budget and manpower allocated to different things so they can simultaneously focus on other things.

Online team dispatched to work on onliney things while promo art and UI team has broader focus on things here and there, while writers do their thing alongside the modellers.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    My issue with it is that Capcom taking the time to develop a continuation takes away resources and time that could be better focused on what I think are more important things.
    I'm pretty sure they've got budget and manpower allocated to different things so they can simultaneously focus on other things.

Online team dispatched to work on onliney things while promo art and UI team has broader focus on things here and there, while writers do their thing alongside the modellers.

Potentially, but I kind of doubt it. I interviewed at Capcom HQ in Osaka years ago and I was amazed at how few workers they had and how overworked they were (one of the many reasons I didn't take the job!).
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 939

Actually making another chapter for sm might fix some issues from the first one. I do hope they treat classics (Chun, Guile, Cammy, ecc) with more consistency this time and, other than that, finally show us that wrestler fight around Gief-Mika-Laura-Alex. And please, enough of Karin Super Saiyajin.
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
    edited October 5
    Raccon wrote: »

And please, enough of Karin Super Saiyajin.

Fun thing is that while i agree full heart with that, fight wise aside the bullshit steel gate scene Karin is'nt even portraied much more powerful than she's supposed to be

Her most epic fight was with a shitty doll

Is more about important and iconic characters, legends of SF world acting as a bunch of personal minions of that anime bitch because she got... leadership? Fuck that lol

She should have been there as "the money$" of the operation, not having half cast of veterans obey her as if she's some kind of authority lol

• Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,619
    i like how some of you use to bash SF4 for being brain dead or jab fighter but ya gotta admit SF4 series was kinda more fun to play since there was more depth to the game and characters. this game it almost feels like every character plays the same i dont know how to explain it but it for sure lacks the gameplay depth sf4 had
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    edited October 5
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    i like how some of you use to bash SF4 for being brain dead or jab fighter but ya gotta admit SF4 series was kinda more fun to play since there was more depth to the game and characters. this game it almost feels like every character plays the same i dont know how to explain it but it for sure lacks the gameplay depth sf4 had

SF4 ended up being as a setup festival where some matches finished at the first knockdown. Ultra limited a bit that thing,but just a little. Agree with the fun part,but Capcom choose to simplify the game for the scrub...ehm, for the newbies. There's still time to add depth in SFV, at the end it's just a different beast. I don't get it this argument in the Character Thread btw.
    Cestus wrote: »
    Raccon wrote: »

And please, enough of Karin Super Saiyajin.

Fun thing is that while i agree full heart with that, fight wise aside the bullshit steel gate scene Karin is'nt even portraied much more powerful than she's supposed to be

Her most epic fight was with a shitty doll

Is more about important and iconic characters, legends of SF world acting as a bunch of personal minions of that anime bitch because she got... leadership? Fuck that lol

She should have been there as "the money$" of the operation, not having half cast of veterans obey her as if she's some kind of authority lol

I agree Karin appears a bit too bossy and strong in ASF, but man, I think you're a misogynist :lol: I don't wanna imagine your reaction when Sakura reveal comes.