SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,768
    older Sakura
    I like that pic but at best it'll only be an alt outfit. I doubt any of the pre-SF4 characters will be getting new looks for their primary outfits. Also, considering that Sakura was 16 during the Alphas, she's 20-23 during SFIV. Sakura has long since graduated high school. She just uses the sailor uniform as her battle attire.

Some still call her a schoolgirl in IV though....
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,314
    LivewireX wrote: »
    I find the "it's her battle attire" to be a flimsy excuse to keep the sailor uniform on her.

Hey, it worked for Karin. And Athena in KOFXII and KOFXIII. Though...that might not be the best example.

Those characters are still teenagers though. That shit doesn't work for someone in their early 20s.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 11,768
    Is it confirmed she's in her early 20's in SF4?
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    She probably just wears it because it still fits her and she finds it cute.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• SideshowRobSideshowRob Brb, busy saving anime Joined: Posts: 321
    Whatever her next game appearance is, Sakura's alternates should consist of nothing but uniforms from various jobs (police, firefighter, flight attendant, drug dealer, etc.) repurposed as fighting uniforms. For extra giggles, work in the sailor fuku every time as well.
  • HuertaHuerta Joined: Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Magegg wrote: »
    Huerta wrote: »
    Hello, New here. I'm a comic artist who is currently creating the Street Fighter 6 roster/story inbetween projects, for fun, of course. Since we see Ryu and Chun-Li are still the same in SF5, Ive decided to make a SF6 "game" and move the story forward 20-30 years ahead of SF3.

Anyway, I Just wanted to say even tho this thread was all over the place, its a good read with a lot of good ideas and has helped me a lot in coming up with more character ideas.

Peace

You can take a few ideas from this:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626633-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition/63702228

http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_V

http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_Omega

And go to the Gameideas wiki, here's no fanfiction thread or forum.

Finally got a chance to read the links and its all good stuff. Theres a couple of new characters created by members, Im gravitating towards to draw up. So, that should be fun.

Also, since you asked to see my first SF6 character design, here it is
    OLDRYUcoloredLOGO_zps660132cc.jpg

I hope you guys keep posting ideas because of some of you got some great stuff to work off of.
    Open for commissions.
    Huerta's Tumblr
    Huerta's EmAiL
  • SideshowRobSideshowRob Brb, busy saving anime Joined: Posts: 321
    ...As wild and out there as that is for an older Ryu concept, I appreciate the stylistic direction and sheer balls of it. Good work
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,977
    Classy touch the "IV" logo backwards xD
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,916

Well that is actually 6 in roman numerals.
    edited January 2015
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

Well that is actually 6 in roman numerals.
    Yeah, but it seems he took it from the official Street Fighter IV logo and flipped it backwards xDD
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    edited January 2015
    A Dudley + Gief hybrid bare knuckle fighter with no kick buttons. Instead he'll have long range punching attacks and crazy command grab throws and slams. Just a powerhouse.

Ono pls.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,007
    I actually designed a FG character today just for kicks. I did a basic stance sprite of him too. I was thinking of him as being a command throw character with a good high/low mix-up game. Something along the lines of abel, alex and to some extent, Q. Either way, here's the sprite(this is as crisp as I could get it to look online. It looks way better when I open it on PS).

fg_character_by_c0nstantini-d8csqvt.jpg
    He does look good. Not exactly the Street Fighter design style, though.
  • SAOTOME2USAOTOME2U My favorite SF? Alpha 2 (minus CCs) Joined: Posts: 480
    Yeah, I could see him being a grappler, definitely. Actually, kinda luchador-esh...better than Fuerte; just sayin'...
    A logical, and objective member of the FGC -- we exist.
    Twitter: @ YoSHO2U
  • marcus32Xmarcus32X twitter @marcus32x Joined: Posts: 57
    I really want to see Maki Genryusai in another game.
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    Early 20s Sakura would be awesome.
    It wouldn't require much of a redesign either, she could be a bit taller, further reaching normal, advancement of her techniques.

echelonNYK - That character sounds rather intense a grappling boxer with Duds build and Geif's height (or maybe a inbetween the two) - wowz

We have Rog and Dudley all punches, how about a character that is all kicks? I think Juri has the most kicks of any character where some of her punch normal become kicks such as J. Hp and Cl.HP but she still has punches. Would a all kick character be too much? Hworang is all kick in SFxT right?
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    Dan with a mustache :3
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792

[/quote]

500px-ElenaPortraitSFIII3rd.jpg

???[/quote]

LOL - Touché
    I forgot all about Elena, mostly because I never played her.

Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    edited January 2015
    I actually designed a FG character today just for kicks. I did a basic stance sprite of him too. I was thinking of him as being a command throw character with a good high/low mix-up game. Something along the lines of abel, alex and to some extent, Q. Either way, here's the sprite(this is as crisp as I could get it to look online. It looks way better when I open it on PS).

What's he supposed to be? Some kind of robot? Or just a weird pro-wrestler who paints himself as part of his stage gimmick? Overall, not a bad picture. I like the coloring style you chose.

I had an idea for a grappler as well. I just got done drawing this. Might try coloring her tomorrow.

The way I see it my character could be either a lumberjill or an oil sands worker, in which case she'd carry a section of pipeline instead.

7X5nog8l.jpg

Nice try, I didn't like it, though.
    edited January 2015
    And I care what you think because...?

• ProjectjusticeProjectjustice Psycho Denji Joined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    And I care what you think because...?

Actually i like her. Reminds me of Arnold in Commando.

commando03.jpg
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
    Oh, I do like to hear what everyone else has to say, I was just talking about Magegg in particular.

Uhh. She-Hulk fan is pissed off because I didn't like his She-Hulk ripoff.
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    Lol yeah! Set up that log as a fake corner and you can do a corner combo anywhere after a command throw or something. Then the super would be a caber toss that is only guaranteed to hit after a dizzy. LET'S GO CAPCOM!!
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,916
    @PSYCH0J0SH Yeah Magegg came off the wrong way. He's talking like you need his approval lol. Anywho I'm digging the overall design, A big strong girl amazon built grappler that actually looks like she can slam a dude, but still looks feminine. However I have a few critiques.

Her face looks too cute. Her face reminds me of Felicia, especially with that hair. Throw some fangs on her and tell me she don't look like a amazonion version of Felicia. I'd figured a lumberjack or anyone working around machinery would have it cut short or tied back. I feel she should have a more mature look in her face. Not aged in the face but not such a baby face.

2. I think 6'5 245lbs is a stretch. I don't know about you but I've never in my life come across a woman that size. I've once seen a 6,3 girl in High School, but she was slim. I'd say 5'10 - 6'0 180 - 200lbs would be more believable.

Now regarding my critiques, 1. I like her hair. Maybe after a victory she lets it down as part of her win animation. 2.Hey it's a game
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, you know, I just said "fuck it" and decided to give her the body of an amazonian olympic weightlifter. Didn't see any reason to hold back since I fantasize about that kind of girl. If I want the whole cake I'll just fucking eat it.

I guess I could have made her more mature looking but I decided against it, partly because I don't think I would've been able to make it look good. I think most SF girls are designed to look cute anyways so I figured I'd stay with that trend.

Good point about her hair, but I wanted it to be down and flowing (she must be punching out for the day, I dunno). Maybe she lets it down/ties it up as a special taunt, like Guile's shades. I'm not actually sure how she'd look with a ponytail when her hair is that long. If any other artist wants to give it a try, be my guest.

Metroxylon wrote: »
    Lol yeah! Set up that log as a fake corner and you can do a corner combo anywhere after a command throw or something. Then the super would be a caber toss that is only guaranteed to hit after a dizzy. LET'S GO CAPCOM!!

I didn't plan on her using the log but I did picture it being used as a wall like MODOK's dorito shield. Good thinking.

• C.Viper FanC.Viper Fan Jedah Joined: Posts: 148

What's he supposed to be? Some kind of robot? Or just a weird pro-wrestler who paints himself as part of his stage gimmick? Overall, not a bad picture. I like the coloring style you chose.

I had an idea for a grappler as well. I just got done drawing this. Might try coloring her tomorrow.

The way I see it my character could be either a lumberjill or an oil sands worker, in which case she'd carry a section of pipeline instead.

7X5nog8l.jpg

That design's pretty fucking abysmal.

The log as a makeshift corner is genius and would really separate her from other grapplers. But you'd have to balance it though. Like maybe the log eventually breaks so she has to get a new one?
    @C.Viper fan It's no worse than C.Viper :P. And every character goes through a few redesigns before they reach a final design.
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

The log as a makeshift corner is genius and would really separate her from other grapplers. But you'd have to balance it though. Like maybe the log eventually breaks so she has to get a new one?

Or maybe it wouldn't be a throw into log corner but you have to manually set it somewhere at a safe opportunity given start up frames. Then base your game plan around where you put it. But yeah it could have durability. Like you can only hit a person 5 times before it knocks over, or 1 sweep would knock it over. It'd be like aegis reflector without the cowardice.

Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,279

7X5nog8l.jpg

TBFH the only thing right of this design is the Canadian flag
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2015
    the tallest female wrestler in the world is Lindsay Hayward ( Isis) she stands 6'9" and weighs 240lbs. she has this soft and chubby build ( fat overtop of muscle)

"you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,188
    ^Had to Google her. She looks like Sam Kinison. I hope we get a female grappler made in the image of Gina Carano.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,859
    edited January 2015
    Hey, why not. I'd be down for a female Canadian grappler that looks like Crush. Could certainly be worse.