SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,719 mod
    Daemos wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    No they wouldn't. They're still spoilt for choice on who to add if they add those three for free.

If they add those characters for free and push out the rumored S3 with Sagat, Sakura, and Cody. What existing characters do you they have that are strong enough to headline and carry a season?

They would have to think really outside the box and create some hype reinventions to recapture casual attention.

Rose, Gen, Honda, Fei Long, T.Hawk, Makoto, Dudley, Blanka, Dolls, Sodom, Adon, Elena, pretty much every other popular SF character.

Capcom are not lacking in potential characters to release, at all.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No they wouldn't. They're still spoilt for choice on who to add if they add those three for free.

If they add those characters for free and push out the rumored S3 with Sagat, Sakura, and Cody. What existing characters do you they have that are strong enough to headline and carry a season?

They would have to think really outside the box and create some hype reinventions to recapture casual attention.

Rose, Gen, Honda, Fei Long, T.Hawk, Makoto, Dudley, Blanka, Dolls, Sodom, Adon, Elena, pretty much every other popular SF character.

I'll give you the ones in bold to some extent, but none of them are powerhouses like Sagat, Sakura, and Akuma in terms of casual (non-FGC) market appeal. At best such a season will keep the existing playerbase happy and may get back players they lost in year 1 or year 2.

Capcom will have to the extra mile to make them sellable.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,719 mod
    Rose could easily sell a season pass, as could a longtime hiatus character like Sodom.

I also forgot Retsu and Gouken. Oni, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken if you want alternate character options.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,575
    I still don't get the staff girl it's just Xkira hype.

Xkira costumes were not true, flowtron confirm the obvious choice stuff.

Anticipation hype isn't true character desire the same with curiousity hype.

Unlike something like Tekken's Geese and Akuma pick it's undeniable desire pick not just curiousity.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 3rd Season on wards

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando.
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    7.) Feilong -(with Iron Fist playstyle like in UMVC3)
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oni, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken if you want alternate character options.

UGH! Curse you for evoking those cash cows. We're doomed!!!!
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,416
    edited November 13
    Rose could easily sell a season pass, as could a longtime hiatus character like Sodom.

I also forgot Retsu and Gouken. Oni, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken if you want alternate character options.

Tbh no they don't

Not if we speak about a big casual impact as Akuma/Sagat, neither will do the trick

For how i see it Sagat was the very last missing of the big icons*... he was SF1 Boss, the only missing (ex) ShadaKing, everybody know him etc

To create a similar impact they will have to go for some new Boss/Ultimate badass gimmick, something that move the landscape again... i think Gill or some shit-hit-the-fan version of Necalli

Or as you said something trashy like Evil Ryu/Violent Ken, but i hope NOT lol

This if we speak about ONE char able to put spotlight on the season, but tbh not even Sagat is alone... in S3 he will be together with gigantic marketing shit Sakura, and then they can probably let themselves go with a bit less market-dictated choices

A potential S4 with Rose, Cody, Fei Long, Makoto etc can do good without have one iconic BIG char leading alone the season

*Maybe a Season with Cody+Guy+Haggar will have done similar effect, but i think we will get just Cody as char, Haggar as Gief skin and maybe Guy as Zeku's
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,268
    edited November 13
    Casuals maybe knows who Sakura and Sagat are, then stop. Casuals are gone after SFV problematic debut. Capcom better don't try to please casuals because DBZF is already in their mind.

I hate these leaks, because most of the time they lead people to a big disappointment.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,783
    edited November 13
    Well if everyone is doing guest characters now, guess it's time Street Fighter got one.

I vote Rey from Star Wars. Capcom took a bullet for Disney for having to comply with their backstage politics in deciding an MVCI release roster and newcomers, give them something in return!

Also, Sodom is thus far the only CPS2 character to have not yet returned since Capcom got back into the fighting game business so he should have some degree of priority.
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 637

I'll give you the ones in bold to some extent, but none of them are powerhouses like Sagat, Sakura, and Akuma in terms of casual (non-FGC) market appeal. At best such a season will keep the existing playerbase happy and may get back players they lost in year 1 or year 2.

Capcom will have to the extra mile to make them sellable.

By S4 and a year after a big re-release with AE, I can't imagine many casuals are waiting around for a big headliner to the season.
    At that point, they need to be pleasing the fans, especially considering the fact that they've stuck around through all the crap for three years at that point.

Also, I agree with Froztey, there are still a ton of great characters for fans that they can pack into S4 and S5.

And to NCK_Feroce's point, yes, I'm not a big fan of all these "leaks", as there's only one of two outcomes:
    1) They're true, and we have to wait a year for the content in some cases; or
    2) They're not true (always too good to be true), and we feel letdown.

I suspect that the rumors for next year fall into the latter, which is why I'm not getting my hopes up.
    The only hope I have for such awesomeness is that Capcom realizes they effed up big time with SFV thus far in the eyes of most fans, and they're desperately trying to make it up with S3, AE, etc. and they're trying to make as much money as they can now.

Still, don't believe it's true, but I remember the release of SSFIV being a big one with a ton of new characters, so who knows.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu COULD YOU NAME ALL THE CHARACTERS APPEARED IN MY PIC? (spoilers is in my sig) Joined: Posts: 3,575
    edited November 13
    The leak has no right analogy unlike what Daemos said. Nowadays releases aims to surprise us with our expectation but it doesn't mean it would go so beyond of giveaway other than surprising.

I still prefer no guest characters in SFV. The only guest I want to see from Rivals Schools, Slammasters and other Capcom brawler game.

Asura being in SFV is the only thing I would agree into because of the reincarnation scene in SF universe in the Asura game. The other one would be Kelvin Stryker of SF2010 because he got a lot of Guile moveset. He can be teleported using time travel appartus. He moves very street fighter so I don't bother him also as a Guile Alt.

No Darkstalkers or any uber supernatural and uber mech, like Megaman and Arthur. The guys I mention have logical sense of what if encounter like POWER GIRL in injustice 2.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    9.) Oro - all projectile are now angled diagonally like Dr Fate(Injustice2) to be different from sim & other shoto
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,375
    edited November 13
    I still don't get the staff girl it's just Xkira hype.

Xkira costumes were not true, flowtron confirm the obvious choice stuff.

Anticipation hype isn't true character desire the same with curiousity hype.

Unlike something like Tekken's Geese and Akuma pick it's undeniable desire pick not just curiousity.

Actually flowtron confirmed Kira's costumes. If there's one thing you cant say he doesnt do well is datamining, he found those costumes, and even some that flowtron had no idea about
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,783
    A Darkstalkers character wouldn't be particularly outrageous given how ridiculously overpowered certain elements of the Street Fighter universe are. That, and Morrigan has her own "World Warrior" thing going for her seeking out the thrill of a strong battle, her profile can just describe her as a "mysterious woman with a great power, is she even human? Perhaps she's a robot, or an alien, or...?"
    edited November 13
    Those were obvious picks. Flowtron didn't confirm a batch of xkira, he confirm scatered picks. Megaman to Ryu?

Xkira doesn't show anything that justify his leak on the costumes.

I don't want to say what it would make it reliable because these fake guys are just picking up legits and trend post on the internet.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited November 13
    Flowtron justv corrected the ambiguity of xkira. Xkira didn't even saw the costumes that was lately release.

I have a strong programing background also kinda out dated but still works if that would be understanding for hex, I have been into scripting and loves tweaking mods for customized experienced before I have gone throught personal interest. I don't want to point out the mistake and correct this frauds so I can see them easily in plain sight without hard time to distinguish them.

Actually if I did a account in reddit using my extra costumes request that time as soon it was announced and claim it as a leak then flowtron would comment if it made into eventhubs. People may think it is also a confirmation instead of a correction. Yet I'm not that kind of person.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Those were obvious picks. Flowtron didn't confirm a batch of xkira, he confirm scatered picks. Megaman to Ryu?

Xkira doesn't show anything that justify his leak on the costumes.

I don't want to say what it would make it reliable because these fake guys are just picking up legits and trend post on the internet.

He confirmed what he knows about, obviously he's not gonna know them all cause there's literally like hundreds of skins coming for Extra Battle.
    edited November 13
    You mean Xkira those costumes were really existing? And not known to flowtron? You mean Xkira is ahead because of his hacking skills than flowtron?

Flowtron is a dedicated account to tease not leak. All he does is build anticipation hype unlike Xkira that will say create stuff to gain YT and FB page followers.

Xkira mining skills of costumes and stages were fraud. How many time he miss. There are some instances by other gaming companies messing up with hackers but Capcom isn't doing that to costumes and stages.

Flowtron give the correct stuff not confirmed xkira being legit, because what he does was reveal kira as a fraud.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,736
    I know other companies are steadily jumping on the guest character bandwagon like Tekken and Soul Calibur, but wehave people salty that their favourites aren't in especially after this season already, why put focus on making non Street fighter characters that'll just push back more past favs and potential new faces to build up SF's brand? I want a new Darkstalkers game as much as the next guy, but shoving them into Street Fighter isn't something I want especially when we're still so early in the game's life cycle.

I mean yeah, Street Fighter is nuts, but opening the door to vampires and succubuses, the undead (who are in service to a dark lord) and an entire dimension of demons and wonders that would kill the strongest SFers dead in seconds adds a weird, nerfing aesthetic to things. People are already unhappy with 12's existence as being too weird, so going further is gonna ruffle more feathers. I already don't like the fact that Necalli is some immortal blob monster popping up every 1,000 years or something, so having a Vampire that can drain Pyron, a cosmic titan is a bit whack. I'm already afraid of SF escalating things with power levels. I don't want Ryu to get some BS upgrade that allows him to fight a monster that's approaching DBZ levels. You go there then everyone's left playing catch up.

That's just me, a lore nerd's complaints. From just pure game roster, my main complaint would be that Capcom has the other SF games, Final Fight, Slammasters and Rival Schools to pull characters from already, why go across the pond?
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    edited November 13
    SF is all ready rich in characters, honestly if Demitri would be in I would rather see Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Oni and Cyber Akuma. Thats a sure sell out if were going desperate. SFV AE is already doing interesting stuff.

BUT what we really need is more SF characters like Rivals Schools and Slammaster.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,154
    if that rumour list is true shows this game was meant to be SFA initally
    It was meant to be Prequel game like Alpha there is no doubt on it. Thats why it needs more classic SF and background characters than guest.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Ruthless was right btw, if we take Urien, Alex and Ibuki apart, the game could be called SFA4 without problems. Whatever, move on.
    Because alpha 1 and 2 was the most diverse casting and casting done right in previous SF.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited November 13
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    I know other companies are steadily jumping on the guest character bandwagon like Tekken and Soul Calibur, but wehave people salty that their favourites aren't in especially after this season already, why put focus on making non Street fighter characters that'll just push back more past favs and potential new faces to build up SF's brand? I want a new Darkstalkers game as much as the next guy, but shoving them into Street Fighter isn't something I want especially when we're still so early in the game's life cycle.

I mean yeah, Street Fighter is nuts, but opening the door to vampires and succubuses, the undead (who are in service to a dark lord) and an entire dimension of demons and wonders that would kill the strongest SFers dead in seconds adds a weird, nerfing aesthetic to things. People are already unhappy with 12's existence as being too weird, so going further is gonna ruffle more feathers. I already don't like the fact that Necalli is some immortal blob monster popping up every 1,000 years or something, so having a Vampire that can drain Pyron, a cosmic titan is a bit whack. I'm already afraid of SF escalating things with power levels. I don't want Ryu to get some BS upgrade that allows him to fight a monster that's approaching DBZ levels. You go there then everyone's left playing catch up.

That's just me, a lore nerd's complaints. From just pure game roster, my main complaint would be that Capcom has the other SF games, Final Fight, Slammasters and Rival Schools to pull characters from already, why go across the pond?

Indeed
    And it's not even a lore thing, straight aesthetic design wise

I LOVE Darkstalkers
    Still Darkstalkers should stay the fuck away from muh Street Fighter.

If they enrich the cast i'm open to guest from Final Fight, CFAS (not Ingrid), Slam Masters and Rival School universes

Or well made links as Zeku to Strider, or the "reboot" Ruby Heart... the can do the same with other capcom brands

But unfitting stuff should just stay the fuck out

I'm not close to a guest from a fitting not-capcom series like Fatal Fury or Tekken, problem is you're not guaranted to get some cool fitting guest a la Terry/Joe/Geese or Kazuya.
    Will accept guest if i can pick, but risk to get one of the crap ones is too much lol

Also because if we really need a KoF-looking skinny shit, we can as well resurrect Remy LOL

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Well if everyone is doing guest characters now, guess it's time Street Fighter got one.

I vote Rey from Star Wars. Capcom took a bullet for Disney for having to comply with their backstage politics in deciding an MVCI release roster and newcomers, give them something in return!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Casuals maybe knows who Sakura and Sagat are, then stop. Casuals are gone after SFV problematic debut. Capcom better don't try to please casuals because DBZF is already in their mind.

I hate these leaks, because most of the time they lead people to a big disappointment.

In Capcom mind you launch

Sakura
    Arcade Mode
    Sakura
    Sagat
    Sakura

An XXX number of new peoples buy SFV
    V
    Buy all costumes for sakura
    V
    Notice other waifus got costumes too, buy these -> some may fall into Chun's DLC universe, buy 74 alts
    V
    They leave
    V
    Still profit.

edited November 13
    Casuals are still there for AE. They will likely bite it, since the meta would likely change because of the new Vtriggers.e. It's not just the characters but also the new arcade mode...

Observe the comments of the people in the fb pages regarding aracade mode. People want SFV but does want a tangible reason to be into it even without the competitive environment and online multiplayer.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,154
    edited November 13
    Real talk though, if they ever wanted to make an actual SFA4 they need to hire Arcsys instead of DIMPS and get them to do that niche Anime style they have rightfully carved a niche of for themselves.

I personally would get ARC sys to do SF4 with 5 ISMs.

V- Same as before
    W- Based on SF4
    X - Same as before, Based on SSF2X
    Y - Based on 3S, Parries, Red Parries
    Z - Same as before.

I would start off with say 20 characters, 80% from SFA3 MAX, and 20% Brand New (bring back some SF1 characters duh). Then slowly over 5 or 6 season bring back the full cast from SFA3 Upper + Include Some from SF4, SF5, and a shit load from SF3.

Alas will never happen tho....

Edit: Will honestly be willing to pay $80+ just for the game alone if it was the above with GGPO netcode.
    edited November 13
    Agree I like Arcsys but likely Capcom won't do that.

I always wanted a SF2 remake with Xrd stylized.

People in FB groups are starting to be wacko wanting guest characters for SFV... Dafuq.

Please no RE and Dead Rising characters in SFV.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,956
    Dimps isn't the issue. Capcom determines the direction of the game. Dimps was formed by former Street Fighter devs in the first place.
    edited November 13
    If we get more than 6 I'll be super happy
    edited November 13
    Mykka

You mean that flowtron has just a fragment of Xkira knowledge and Xkira is ahead towards costumes information? Xkira is trying hard to be special lately.

All that Xkira did was ride the season hype of the costumes wishlist for the extra battle mode. It's like Xkira is betting to numerous number in a lottery mixing it would other guesses and his request. So in the end most of his prediction are made up but still would be likely to match his because of the numerous and obvious choices he compiled like the confirmed x = Ryu.

Do really alt costumes leave fragments of information like HEX with elaborate naming and address to patch updates? I don't think so. That would be applicable only functional stuff not aesthetics.

Alt costume doesn't need in that kind of testing unlike functions and stages.

Xkira action and activity correspond to season demands and hype not real leaks same approach he did with numerous stages like Ryu stage, Fang stage, Russia/Kolin stage and etc.

He didn't manage to predict and leak the real incoming most recent batches of costumes.

It isn't even along with his RADAR.

Take a look closer to how flowtron reacts to Xkira articles. He wasn't surprised in fact he knows Xkira is trying to be desperate.

Flowtron, predictor of Street Fighter 5 Season 2's cast, details homage costumes that some characters will be getting
    guess i'll head back to the cave again. Capcops are real

Flowtron, predictor of Street Fighter 5 Season 2's cast, details homage costumes that some characters will be getting

to be correct, i didn't say the costume is for EX battle or whatever reason capcom gonna release it. but Capcom have those costume for characters i've mention.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fans will be happy about this one... more alleged Street Fighter 5 Extra Battle costume leaks from X-Kira

lol nice try btw Felicia = Menat Vergil = Ed Dante = Ken Jill = Cammy Megaman X = Ryu

Ingrid costume in Street Fighter 5? Special outfits based on other Capcom characters may be coming to Arcade Edition

..i can confirm some for you guys Morrigan = Chun Ingrid = Karin Megaman = Ryu Jin Saotome = Ryu C.Commando = Guile Dante = Ken Donovan = Urien

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

edited November 13
    Flowtron is a dedicated teaser account likely a PR stunt. That's why it choose to be in eventhubs instead of Neogaf and SRK because within this community there is some different consequences when argumenting and raising rumors.

People here are aware of the trends, preference, agenda and request of each other unlike eventhubs comment section in page that people are likely just comment and doesn't bother to look back at the page again after the hype of that issue has subside.

it easy to be buried in a eventhubs articale and no one bother to look back to how the topic is challenged, ended and resulted, So it's easy for the Flowtron gimmick to worked effectively without hassle unlike the Lupinko's account and the other MVCi leaker earlier.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

1.) Haggar
    2.) Eagle
    3.) Maki
    4.) Sodom
    5.) Blanka
    6.) Lee - Drunken master
    8.) Necro
    10.) Sagat
    11.) Q
    12.) Viper

1.) Tom
    2.) Effie
    3.) Byron
    4.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Dude, Flowtron and Kira are in cahoots with each other, that's all I'm gonna say.
    What's with this SFA4 talk lol

SFV is SFV

9 new characters
    4 SFAers
    3 SF3ers (4 if we want count Kolin as "from SF3")
    1 SF4er
    Rest is classic Cast

SFV got some SFAers mostly because they has been ignored in SF4 arc, similar as how 2 out 3 SF3er were absent in SF4 too

At some point (S3? S4? S5?) they will add some more SF3ers and the drama will stop (or continue, somebody is ever left out)

• Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,085
    I can't imagine a guest character that wouldn't look stupid considering SFV's artstyle.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • SkortSkort Joined: Posts: 967
    Poll on eventhubs about what SF4 characters should be added in SF V.

I am happy to see old man Gouken is currently on NR 2 spot. The old man is not forgotten ! Maybe there is a chance.

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,862
    Why do I have the weird feeling that Poison is NR.1?

"Checks Eventscrubs"

Viper?
    Wait what how? Why?
    Basicly noone played her, I saw more Hakans than Vipers during SFIV lifetime.
    I SAW MORE DHALSIMS THAN VIPERS!!!!!
    This is heresy.

Also no Decapre, the character with the best gameplay out of all of them is left out.
    This is outrageous!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 637
    Cipher wrote: »
    Why do I have the weird feeling that Poison is NR.1?

"Checks Eventscrubs"

Viper?
    Wait what how? Why?
    Basicly noone played her, I saw more Hakans than Vipers during SFIV lifetime.
    I SAW MORE DHALSIMS THAN VIPERS!!!!!
    This is heresy.

Also no Decapre, the character with the best gameplay out of all of them is left out.
    This is outrageous!

I second the no-Decapre thing, although I liked Viper's playstyle.
    Decapre was painful to watch. Forever safe, has hitbox even behind her back during her reversal and promote the full keep away annoying style of play. I would gladly take any doll over Decapre, chasing an army of them during USF4 was one of the things makes me happy about that game was left behind once and for all.