SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Daemos wrote: »
    No wonder Capcom is doing terribly. People have been spoilt so much.
    Then why do other companies seem to be doing just fine? No, it couldn't POSSIBLY be because Capcom is actually doing a really shitty job.

Yes, Capcom have done a lot of shitty things, but their business model for SF5 is not one of them, and it's a dramatic improvement over the way they handled previous SF titles.

The biggest fault with their business model is the purchasing price of vanilla SF5 (should've been $40 from the get go not $60) and the fact that they didn't make it into a point that it was is a Tournament Edition or Early Access version of the game. Since then they have handled everything more or less well, chose their words more carefully, and kept their promises for the most part. They were in it for the long haul, and so are the majority us. Wish they were more obvious about it to their casual audience.
    Post edited by Daemos on
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 662
    What's wrong with four more characters that aren't free? Premium characters that you absolutely have to pay for without Fight Money, like some of the costumes.
    Lame, I know, but the point is, four more characters outside S3 this year doesn't mean they have to be free.

I still think that Capcom needs to go beyond the six characters a year, especially for S3 and AE, when they're trying to win back fans.
    This needs to be the best SFV year ever, if they want any chance to recoup loses.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Capcom cheated on me Joined: Posts: 3,490
    I'm still waiting Capcom. Where's my function??
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,583
    HartleySan wrote: »

1- What's wrong with four more characters that aren't free? Premium characters that you absolutely have to pay for without Fight Money, like some of the costumes.
    Lame, I know, but the point is, four more characters outside S3 this year doesn't mean they have to be free.

2- I still think that Capcom needs to go beyond the six characters a year, especially for S3 and AE, when they're trying to win back fans.
    This needs to be the best SFV year ever, if they want any chance to recoup loses.

1- It's about brand/SH credibility, they "promised" (iirc) all not-gameplay contents will have been free, wich was some sort of pact with who bought the early version of the game in contrast with "i will wait supermegaultraAE version" ignorance

2- I don't think SFV is causing them "loses", SFV still sold honest and is likely doing crazy moneys with DLCs, specially on the long run... more chars = more DLC
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    I think SFV is already turning a profit and after AE it will be deemed a commercial success. This makes me happy.
    I think SFV is already turning a profit and after AE it will be deemed a commercial success. This makes me happy.

Peoples focused on other FGames having a quick boom, but SFV will keep profit throught years from today to 2020

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Fretless94Fretless94 Joined: Posts: 536
    Cestus wrote: »
    Fretless94 wrote: »
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    I really hope it's Sodom instead of Blanka, not just because Sodom deserves a chance to come back, but because the list being Sagat, Sakura, Blanka, Cody, and two others means we're once again not getting any legacy characters that weren't already in IV.
    There's also the "four non-Season characters" thing being bounced around with Viper, Oro, Necro, and Q. That's 3 characters right there, but we don't know how legit that is. It was given by the Sodom guy, so that is a start. If that happens, I think we'll get 2 to kick off AE and 2 before/with the 4th character of the season.
    I want that to be true so bad, but it's so unbelievable. The idea that Capcom would give out four characters for free is pretty far fetched by itself.
    Keep reading this as some crazy impossibru thing, but reality is they are ALREADY giving characters for "free"
    But there's "free" and then there's FREE. The characters they've added so far have been "free" in the sense that you CAN get them for "free" if you play the game a lot and spend your fight money on absolutely nothing else. These four are supposedly FREE, with the only string attached being that you bought the original game. I'd believe Capcom would give away characters for FREE if they were characters like Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Oni and Decapre. Characters that they could easily build using assets already in the game. But Viper, Oro, Necro and Q are actual unique characters that would require actual effort in order to make, hence my skepticism.

Are you Ono san? If not there's nothing to be happy, you ain't getting money.
    edited December 2
    I really hope it's Sodom instead of Blanka, not just because Sodom deserves a chance to come back, but because the list being Sagat, Sakura, Blanka, Cody, and two others means we're once again not getting any legacy characters that weren't already in IV.
    There's also the "four non-Season characters" thing being bounced around with Viper, Oro, Necro, and Q. That's 3 characters right there, but we don't know how legit that is. It was given by the Sodom guy, so that is a start. If that happens, I think we'll get 2 to kick off AE and 2 before/with the 4th character of the season.
    I want that to be true so bad, but it's so unbelievable. The idea that Capcom would give out four characters for free is pretty far fetched by itself.
    Keep reading this as some crazy impossibru thing, but reality is they are ALREADY giving characters for "free"
    But there's "free" and then there's FREE. The characters they've added so far have been "free" in the sense that you CAN get them for "free" if you play the game a lot and spend your fight money on absolutely nothing else. These four are supposedly FREE, with the only string attached being that you bought the original game. I'd believe Capcom would give away characters for FREE if they were characters like Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Oni and Decapre. Characters that they could easily build using assets already in the game. But Viper, Oro, Necro and Q are actual unique characters that would require actual effort in order to make, hence my skepticism.

Does'nt change shit on Capcom pow if you can get it instantly, by FM saving, or if you have to grind FM and unlock them weeks after... for them financially wise, are still free

So there's not much difference from what we have now

If anything they can make faster money on DLC side if you get characters as soon as possible

On commercial side the 100KxChar FM barrier is mostly about push peoples buy the Season Pass, but if they already planned to stop by 2020 at S5, whatever additional char (outside these future 18) they sneak in will be all about cost of make them vs related gain as DLCs

Said that i doubt we will get multiple free chars as waters seem just too calm imho, but is'nt for $ model incompatibility

edited December 2
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »

Tbh in today industry reality is if you like a game you better hope it sell well for many reasons, and on specular way if you dislike something you better hope it bomb

He does'nt need to be Ono, if he like SFV as it is he better hope it generate enough $$$ in Capcom pockets to push them to keep in same direction in future

With Capcom in particular this truth stay strong

edited December 2

When you've been a fan of the franchise for 25 years, you will naturally be happy to know that it continues to succeed so that another generation can continue what others have started. I've waited 15 years for an SF game like SFV, SF4 was not the comeback I wanted, it was just the comeback the series and the FGC needed at the time. Above all, I enjoy SF5 more than any fighting game since CvS2, despite its numerous flaws, and obviously I want it to improve and more people to catch on.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,023
    SFV that "launched" in 2016 was literally a fucking Early Access version for 60$. This is something that you would see on Steam but not on consoles. For the last two years, people have been pretty much funding SFV's development through characters, stages, and costumes, and Arcade Edition we're getting in a month is the REAL Street Fighter V in a state the game should've been from day one

Gameplay-wise it would still be an inferior entry compared to even SFIV, but content and feature wise it would be very well worth the 60$ pricetag, especially if it came with all the characters and all the stages released to date (they could still keep the cosmetics purchasable separately)

Christ, Ono himself said there were no plans to release a new numbered entry until 2018, so SFV got rushed out the door much earlier, which resulted in us getting what we go in February 2016
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I remember the comment about 2018 being the release date (this was well before they announced any SF5 in development). This in effect means that SF5AE is the SF5 meant for the general public. Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves and breaks that damned 2 million shipments mark.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,046 mod
    a rerelease isn't going to turn good sales numbers
    edited December 2
    Froztey wrote: »
    a rerelease isn't going to turn good sales numbers

Generally yes, but I think SF is one of those exceptions because of Capcom's notorious reputation of rereleasing Street Fighters (and their fighting games). So people do hold out on SF for a year or two (or more) before buying in. I think a lot of people who wanted to buy SF5 and went for the 'wait and see' approach will purchase AE.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,695
    edited December 3
    The thing is vanilla SFv sales doesn't matter anymore even it is loss. The scheme worked effectively, what justify the means is that it prints money via DLC, and it is successful that's why were getting a free update.

What matter nowadays with me in terms of DLC is that the things is worth to be spending in terms of quality and gameplay not just a pile of options for coolness, edge lords and aesthetics. As much as possible has a fluid interaction with characters without complication regardless of plot and motivation.

I like the DLC quality so far, I'm not saying I like DLC but I like how they try to make DLC characters worked. The only let down to me was Abigail, while I dislike Akuma for the aesthetics issues of the hair. I NOT into guest characters, but I like the way they implemented Zeku. So please no straight and direct port of guest characters other than relativity and possibility connection.

I thing I want DLC characters of SFV to improve was choreography of specials. So far everything is average but does work. I don't want them to do just different stuff without relative to the character personality other than just to show and prove it's different. I like how Injustice 2 creativity with special moves not mostly the supers. I don't like Injustice guest characters other than choreography and animation.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • ScissormanScissorman Neal D. Anderson Joined: Posts: 1,170
    I do find it a bit funny that people are using the whole "capcom never gives things free" argument over and over again, when you can easily discredit that by the fact that Capcom is offering an expansion to Resident Evil 7 for free. The rumored characters are a bit far fetched, as much as I'd like them, but the 'free' price tag is not the most preposterous aspect.
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,900
    Scissorman wrote: »
    I do find it a bit funny that people are using the whole "capcom never gives things free" argument over and over again, when you can easily discredit that by the fact that Capcom is offering an expansion to Resident Evil 7 for free. The rumored characters are a bit far fetched, as much as I'd like them, but the 'free' price tag is not the most preposterous aspect.

Well yeah but you have to keep in mind, that...

1) Capcom didn't found SFV, Ono had to run and kiss Sonys feet to get the money to even make this game in the first place. I'm sure there was not one penny comming from Capcom.
    2) The income from the DLC goes back into the developmeant and the CPT, what allows them to keep this game running.
    3) One DLC Character costs around 1 million Dollar to make according to Ono.
    4) SFV Team =/= RE7 Team, the RE7 Team gets financial backup from Capcom, and RE7 got a lot of pay only DLC.
    5) SFV gets all content updates for free, characters can be unlocked by playing and outside of the CPT stages (where the majority of the money goes to the CPT), all stages can also be unlocked by playing the game.
    6) If you're lazy, you can skip the FM farm by paying money.
    7) Capcom got shit on for years for locking characters, stages and new versions behind paywalls, what split the playerbase more and more with each new update. USFIV sold around 1 million units, digital and physical. Thats a joke compared to what Vanilla and even SSFIV sold.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,023
    Probably like 0.1% of that goes to the freelance 3d modelers
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,695
    edited December 3
    Don't assume what Ono speak as something to be consistent, exact and constant.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Yes, while obviously exaggerated, very much the sad reality.
    Not sure if I've ever told this story here, but about five years ago, when I was living and working in Japan, I got an offer to work in the IT department at Capcom HQ in Osaka.
    I grew up playing Capcom games and was really into SFIV at the time, so was really excited at the prospect, and then I went to the actual HQ building (and the surrounding buildings that house many of the staff), and boy, my excited quickly changed to dismay.

Not that what I saw was particularly surprising given the fact that I was used to living in Japan and had seen similar things before, but when I saw how overworked and underpaid all the artists and engineers, etc. were, I was so disappointed that after seeing that and seeing similar things at other places in Japan over the eight years I was there, I came to the conclusion that there was little hope of having a fruitful and rewarding career in Japan, so I decided to pack my bags and move back to America.

It's a shame really, but yes, if one character costs $1 million to make, I'm thinking several things:
    1. As you said, there's no way the artists and modelers are seeing much of that. As such, where is all that money going to? The higher-level staff and designers that actually design all the characters, moves, etc.? The testers? Likely not. So where's all that money going?
    2. Most of these characters cost $5-$6 to buy. As such, if about 200k people buy the character, Capcom has made their money back (not even counting actual sales of the game itself). Furthermore, with all the other DLC that people buy, Capcom must be raking in some decent dough.

So yeah, based on my own observations of Capcom HQ and some simple assumptions, I can only further assume that Capcom has the money and should be able to easily make 12 characters a season, instead of six, if they wanted to, but they just don't want to.
    And I'm sure that decision is purely based on the perceived economics of it all.

Another thing that frustrated me a lot when I was touring the HQ buildings and interviewing was the fact that (at least at that time), Capcom was all about Monster Hunter and their stupid "slot" machines in Japanese arcades.
    That is to say, like any business that's purely about making money, the decision makers didn't seem to care about the quality of the games, just which ones had the largest profit margins.
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

And to be honest for some of them is already too fucking much lol

I wish SFV had solid quality constant models, possibly made by peoples that don't put theyr own shitty vision above the work of legendary capcom designers

Same for the art direction guy that approve some shits LOL

• DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,772
    HartleySan wrote: »
    What's wrong with four more characters that aren't free? Premium characters that you absolutely have to pay for without Fight Money, like some of the costumes.
    I would not complain if the S3 pass was $50 but had 10 characters.
    When you've been a fan of the franchise for 25 years, you will naturally be happy to know that it continues to succeed so that another generation can continue what others have started.
    It's a mixed bag.

On the one hand, I'm glad if it succeeds because it means we'll get another one.

On the other hand, SF5 did so much I didn't like, and if it succeeds it means the next one will probably do that same shit all over again.
    Successful or not, I doubt SF6 will be anything like SF5. No numbered entry has every been the same as its predecessor. SF5 had it rough because Capcom switched to a new business model for the first time in the franchise history. They were bound to fuck it up.

I would rather support SF5 than even entertain the possibility of a new darkage.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,366
    Daemos will change is tune when the Bison nerfs are unveiled
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.

20fpre.jpg

4Vvbx.gif
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 899

Peoples focused on other FGames having a quick boom, but SFV will keep profit throught years from today to 2020

Especially when they make Ingrid dlc. :)
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

The AE stream today pretty much confirmed Sagat.
    They started by playing SF1, and when it got to the fourth and final battle, the game suddenly stopped and went back to the menu and the two announcers on the stream said something like, "Well, that's all we have for this demo version of the game."

I heard they later said though that not all the content would be immediately available upon the launch of AE. I can't confirm that myself, but that's what I heard.
    Wonder if that means that Sagat is coming after the release of AE.
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 226
    Gotta say, Capcom already broke their statements about what SFV was going to be: They promised no nerfs.

They nerfed Alex. That's pretty much like kicking a person in a wheelchair down the stairs.
    PSN: ShotgunSolutions CFN: Abogalypse

SFV: Ken, Alex, trying Zeku
    KoFXIV: Geese, Andy, Kula
    GG: I-No, Chipp
    BBCF: Bang, Azrael
  • PampattitudePampattitude Joined: Posts: 31
    Ukio wrote: »
    Gotta say, Capcom already broke their statements about what SFV was going to be: They promised no nerfs.

They nerfed Alex. That's pretty much like kicking a person in a wheelchair down the stairs.

To be fair, they didn't promise no nerfs, they explained it's better to buff weak characters instead of nerf strong ones.

HIJ5X7s.png

I agree with you I'd rather see buffs than nerfs though, especially for Alex.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,524
    the AE stream confirmed Kira was right, you do decide between two fighters
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    mykka wrote: »
    the AE stream confirmed Kira was right, you do decide between two fighters

That is true. Well, the characters predicted for S3 are looking more and more likely. I'm okay with that though. I like most of them.
  • UkioUkio Old School Noob Joined: Posts: 226

To be fair, they didn't promise no nerfs, they explained it's better to buff weak characters instead of nerf strong ones.

HIJ5X7s.png

Well... We can ask Daigo or Ricky if their mains were or not "greatly nerfed".
    PSN: ShotgunSolutions CFN: Abogalypse

SFV: Ken, Alex, trying Zeku
    KoFXIV: Geese, Andy, Kula
    GG: I-No, Chipp
    BBCF: Bang, Azrael

HIJ5X7s.png

Well... We can ask Daigo or Ricky if their mains were or not "greatly nerfed".

Or anyone that mains Alex or F.A.N.G (or Claw, to some degree).
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,366
    Those who fail to accept Sodom into their hearts will face great defeat this weekend
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    edited December 7
    Those who fail to accept Sodom into their hearts will face great defeat this weekend

Hope you're trolling, 'cuz your disappointment will be gigantic if Sodom don't happen this year.

S3 it's just balance and meta changes for me, I don't like any of the supposed characters for it. Season Pass isn't an option anymore nor I've intention of give Capcom money for something I don't use/enjoy.

Hope you're trolling, 'cuz your disappointment will be gigantic if Sodom don't happen this year.

S3 it's just balance and meta changes for me, I don't like any of the supposed characters for it. Season Pass isn't an option anymore nor I've intention of give Capcom money for something I don't use/enjoy.

Right there with you. Or I should say, I am excited about some of the characters, but it's more about the core mechanics of the game and whether Capcom can turn that around or not.
    I'm also going to pass on the season pass (you see what I did there?!) until Capcom is able to prove that the core system in the game is vastly improved, which I'm doubting.