SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Comments

• CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,951
    Lol at Cammy beeing unrealistic.
    Thats SF dude, the majority of specials are unrealistic.

Shotos throwing Ki balls around and fly trough the air with hurricance kicks.
    Chun-Li uses her legs as f***ing helicopter.
    Honda shots himself accros the stage as torpedo.
    A green jungle dude turns himself into a ball and does the same, while producing electricity by himself.
    Dhalsim stretching his limbs accros the stage what is ~ 5m and he can go further.

You can go with this trough the whole cast.

And uninspired?
    Alita should kick you back into the age you come from.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu Mystic Stone Gem Ryu Joined: Posts: 3,839
    edited December 2017
    I'm okay with karin being their already but I find Cammy more logical part of SF than karin.

Everyone can assume they are dedicated and effortfull in training by spending time on it and conditioning their thoughts that they are but it doesn't mean it will.

And wait whole life? Thats Ryu not karin. In reality what pushes a person to be better is his options, possibilities and choices or whatever at stakes. Karin life is not like that. Even how tough they write her story without proper guidance from someone who throughtout the lifetime.

Focus and undivided attentionare also a major factor that also includes causes not just another claim to fame and heirness.

There is a big difference why Bruce Wayne works and Karin never does.
    Post edited by The_Shakunetsu on

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited December 2017
    Just give me a aged mature woman huge that is into brute force and that breakbones not another wrestler.

Then Asuka(SFV concept) that is a late 20s female.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,735
    edited December 2017
    Cipher wrote: »
    Lol at Cammy beeing unrealistic.
    Thats SF dude, the majority of specials are unrealistic.

On reality despite being fantasy and not following any specific martial art (the char itself was a mix of Luc Besson's Nikita and manga Alita characters) as inspiration Cammy's moveset design follow the golden standard of well made SF chars... she's designed to be someway "legit"

She's a little female, and they gave her lot of design reasons to explain how she can be competitive facing best fighters of the world, often twice or more her weight

-she got dat DNA boost, with well developed musculature (in original concept even more)
    -she got brainwashing/assassin style training that made her a legit bare-hands assassin
    -her costume involve heavy reinforced gloves, and hard army boots on her feet
    -her whole moveset revolve around high speed/momentum/spinning and utilize her whole body weight as a bullet, using her entire mass in her specials being most of times at high speed, in mid-air and with point of impact being a reinforced glove/boot

I remember even one of her original designers giving an explanation of her design and moveset, that was more or less what you read above

If we want speak about nonsense crap that break SF universe rules/setting the name is sakura, but i explained this lot of times and i'm not in mood to explain it #74 and arguing with peoples pretending she is'nt there just for anime schoolgirl waifu fanservice lol =)
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,951
    Cestus wrote: »
    On reality despite being fantasy and not following any specific martial art (the char itself was a mix of Luc Besson's Nikita and manga Alita characters) as inspiration Cammy's moveset design follow the golden standard of well made SF chars... she's designed to be someway "legit"

She's a little female, and they gave her lot of design reasons to explain how she can be competitive facing best fighters of the world, often twice or more her weight

-she got dat DNA boost, with well developed musculature (in original concept even more)
    -she got brainwashing/assassin style training that made her a legit bare-hands assassin
    -her costume involve heavy reinforced gloves, and hard army boots on her feet
    -her whole moveset revolve around high speed/momentum/spinning and utilize her whole body weight as a bullet, using her entire mass in her specials being most of times at high speed, in mid-air and with point of impact being a reinforced glove/boot

I remember even one of her original designers giving an explanation of her design and moveset, that was more or less what you read above

If we want speak about nonsense crap that break SF universe rules/setting the name is sakura, but i explained this lot of times and i'm not in mood to explain it #74 and arguing with peoples pretending she is'nt there just for anime schoolgirl waifu fanservice lol =)

What annoys me about Cammy is how Capcom goes back and forth with her.

She left in SFIV clearly her guilt behind, even mentoing in some winquotes that the past doesn't matter, you have to fight for the future.
    Then the first thing she does in SFV is sitting there and saying what a horrible person she is, because of the things she did.

I get what they tried with this, but I realy didn't like this emotional chaos they put her in.
    Noone with such emotional problems can fight for real.

Oh well there's hope they leave this shit finaly behind and make something real with her.
    Neo-Shadaloo Counterpart Delta Blue maybe. I would take that.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
    edited December 2017
    Enough with the little gurls...

Mother Russia

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,619
    edited December 2017
    Alpha Karin to me has the most interesting moveset. To me that's reason enough to keep her around. They botched her SFV iteration though (imo).

Falke better deliver, I have high hopes for her moveset
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 1,002
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Oh sure, there's one movie trailer and suddenly everyone's an Alita expert!

I know that feeling.
    I've waited almost 30 years for Alita to become that, and now the sole thing everybody seems to discuss are those eyes.

I am just excited for more people to read Gunnm, so it's probably a net win right?

(But WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT, what do you think about the eyes? I weirdly dig it, personally -- I think it's a clever choice to sort of weaponize the uncanny valley, to stress her being not-human, but I wish the other robot characters also had them. The ones in the trailer besides Alita don't seem to.)
    SFV: Kolin, Laura. | IJ2: Black Canary, Cheetah. | MvCI: Morrigan/Gamora. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,850
    To be honest, the eyes weirded me out since she was the only one with them, but then they've been growing on me. It helps that from the start, I was charmed by the actress' "I can even give you my heart" bit. I'll definitely give this a shot, always wanted to go and get into Battle Angel, so this'll get decades of procrastination solved hah.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • MiðgarðsormMiðgarðsorm Linguist, translator, et cetera Joined: Posts: 826
    edited December 2017
    Cestus wrote: »

@Cestus, the point is brilliantly summarised by @PoisonKiss here:
    PoisonKiss wrote: »
    You can find rich girls annoying, but Karin is 100% a character who belongs in Street Fighter, a series that largely exists as a send-up of Japanese pop culture.

Too often people seems to forget that: SF is a Japanese game made by Japanese people, with Japanese stereotypes in mind, that speaks (well, spoke, at least until the 2000s) primarily to Japanese fans. It actually irritates me that Capcom seems to listen to their Western audience (and particularly to whomever in the competitive scene whines louder) far too often in these last years.
    But Japanese like schoolgirls, so it was only a matter of time before SFZ2. It's almost incredible SF2 lasted five years (nine, counting SF1... but we all know when the craze began) without one. Your fixation that Sakura "broke the rules" doesn't stand a chance against the fact that it's Capcom who makes the rules, not we. Just say you don't like her and that's why, not that your criteria are "rules". I can understand you mean "rules" in the sense of "the SF universe rules as I perceived them from watching SF2", but if Capcom has other ideas your perception won't dissuade them.
    Also... You always speak as the only pandering is directed towards male "weirdos".
    Don't tell me I'm the only one that has heard the OMGs and the SQUEEs of female fans when Cody was revealed.
    Even Remy was an attempt to pander to Japanese female fans' tastes.
    There is a big difference why Bruce Wayne works and Karin never does.

Come on, we all know that, logically speaking, neither Bruce nor Karin could actually work.
    A day should be comprised of 72 hours to allow to both of them the amount of things they're supposed to do, between training, study, mundane events they should attend to, vigilante work/matches with whomever they meet and, you know, actual CEO work. Just when do they sleep?
    Moreover, you just underestimate the amount of pressure that the Japanese society exerts on an individual: the expectations shouldered by an Ojō are immense. Every Japanese idol leads a life of sacrifices and privations to meet those expectations.
    DarthEnder wrote: »
    Oh sure, there's one movie trailer and suddenly everyone's an Alita expert!

I know that feeling.
    I've waited almost 30 years for Alita to become that, and now the sole thing everybody seems to discuss are those eyes.

I am just excited for more people to read Gunnm, so it's probably a net win right?

If I choose to see it positively, yes, it could be. :)
    (But WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT, what do you think about the eyes? I weirdly dig it, personally -- I think it's a clever choice to sort of weaponize the uncanny valley, to stress her being not-human, but I wish the other robot characters also had them. The ones in the trailer besides Alita don't seem to.)

I'm in your same boat. Who knows, maybe they could point out that all Martian cyborgs have those eyes. But I'm more interested in how they'll choose to take the story. We could speak about it all day (there's a character coming from the OAV, one from the Motorball arc, Ido's name change, Ido without the Tiphares' mark that Chiren still has, Gonzu seemingly replaced by a female nurse with a prosthetic arm, and so on), but that would be a gigantic OT.
    Just a thing: Mahershala Ali as Vector is perfect.
    Shockdingo wrote: »
    To be honest, the eyes weirded me out since she was the only one with them, but then they've been growing on me. It helps that from the start, I was charmed by the actress' "I can even give you my heart" bit. I'll definitely give this a shot, always wanted to go and get into Battle Angel, so this'll get decades of procrastination solved hah.

The funny thing is that in the original manga that scene had her putting her heart at stake in an arm wrestling match.
    uqfTLkt.jpg
    »Ich heiße Bastian«, sagte der Junge, »Bastian Balthasar Bux.«
    »Ziemlich kurioser Name«, knurrte der Mann, »mit diesen drei B’s.
    Na ja, dafür kannst du nichts, hast ihn dir ja nicht selbst gegeben. Ich
    heiße Karl Konrad Koreander.«
    »Das sind drei K’s«, sagte der Junge ernst.
    »Hm«, brummte der Alte, »stimmt!«

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"
    YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
    "So we can believe the big ones?"
    YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
    "They're not the same at all!"
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    "Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
  • eserkaeserka Joined: Posts: 15
    I thought Cammy uses a modified version of 'Vovinam' a Vietnamese martial art. They use dropkick (similar to spiral arrow), dive kick even throw theirself and headscissor opponent in many variations almost similar to hooligan combination.
    But then again if he thinks Blanka ball and Bison flying while spinning like headache superman are more realistic and inspiring to him in many ways, I wont judge his taste
    edited December 2017
    Bruce wayne works compare to Karin both has similar lifestyle but different ways of approach of training and besting themselves..

Bruce is not something focus on a blood line exclusive martial arts. Bruce Wayne do whatever is necessary to improve himself technological, mental, physical and spiritual.

He even humble himself to train with other master without some of thought that he is the best or will be the best and also without the thought that his martial arts is the best.

That makes bruce work he has no mind conditioning/ mental blocks or limitation that his martial art/wayne bloodline martial arts is automatically better if mastered fully because their is no such thing. I bet he would even humble to be train by Superman for their krytonian martial arts if there would be a chance and a time in need.

885073-superman_practicing.jpg

His dedication can be seen to his body unlike Karin's mold and karins attitude and approach to every rival and fighter.

Bruce wayne is more like Ryu than Karin.

Karin is just a confident and dedicated brat.

Makoto is more dedicated than Karin. Makoto is good in my books like Cammy.

Many fictional characters in SF universe are passionate and dedicared by default to what they believe and attached with as the best martial arts they ever known.

Sakura only made sense because it's ansatsuken techniques from Gouken's inspiration that has a brother that is considered one of the most dangerous person alive in SFverse.

I don't consider dedication and passion makes Karin exceptional because its almost everywhere in SF.

Bruce would work because of being humble and adoptable without selfcenteredness and selfconfident of being better than others he would even learn from his enemies and rivals. Bruce is a genuis not by compliments and praise but as situation we know him and the bigger oppression his up against.

Mind is essential part also with Bruce Wayne In many times unlike Karin what makes people think of Karin being good and genuis is because of compliments in fictional writing from friendly matches not multiple scene of past situation were things are have huge at risk like life..

Sakura is slightly better because of her being with Ken against Alpha Bison even without compliments and praise from Bison we know the danger.

Juri works becausr of the eye implants same with Cammy with Psycho Power.

I just hope Capcom wouldn't waste a slot of a background caharacter that is a Karin ancestor that bested all sorts of martial arts and even mystical arts that includes SNH and Psycho Power just to make her relevant and have sense but breaks SFverse just for her.[[

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

eserka wrote: »
    I thought Cammy uses a modified version of 'Vovinam' a Vietnamese martial art. They use dropkick (similar to spiral arrow), dive kick even throw theirself and headscissor opponent in many variations almost similar to hooligan combination.

No, it's just that Alita's fictional Panzer Kunst works similarly to Vovinam Việt Võ Đạo's kicking and scissoring techniques: use your weight and momentum to bring down your opponent, that's all. All principles that @Cestus already listed.
    But, technically, there's no difference between a Đòn Chân Tấn Công số 15 ("Assault with leg leverage number 15") and a Huracanrana (and a Frankensteiner is nothing but a Huracanrana without the pin). The Đòn Chân Tấn Công số 7/8/9/10 are all dropkicks, and the rest are all various legscissors/bodyscissors/headscissors/ranas/corbatas already found in old school Pro Wrestling and Lucha Libre, and Capcom took Cammy's moves that aren't seen in the manga from Pro Wrestling, not Vovinam.

"Tekr ok nökkurr minna manna konu nauðga eða leiðir nauðga til skipa, sá skal øngu fyrir týna nema lífi sínu, hvárt er hann er ríkr eða óríkr"

"Detta är min hand. Jag kan röra den, blodet pulserar i den. Solen står fortfarande högt på himlen och jag, Antonius Block, spelar schack med Döden."

"All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."
    REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
    YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
    MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
    And Bruce is deductive and investigative not just dedication and passion then fight. He even used countermeans strategies to cope up with his weakneses against other beyond human like abilities. Yeah is insanely good than Karin.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,735
    As Miogarosorm Alita martial art is the base, just to take the specials

Spiral Arrow
    Gunnm-LO06-150-151.jpg
    Gunnm-LO06-160.jpg

Cannon Spike (+dive kick)
    battle-angel-alita-last-order-1172344.jpg
    15136401572532913.gif?1513640174

Hooligan C
    3219931-6632280658-alo_c.jpg
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • HartleySanHartleySan Joined: Posts: 679
    Somewhat random, off-topic question: Does anyone know if the 30th Anniversary SF game will contain SFA3 Upper and Double Upper or just the original arcade release?
    edited December 2017
    Unfortunately, it seems very clear that it's going to be just the original arcade.
    A wasted opportunity.

MY POINT EXACTLY."

かかりおったわ!
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 932
    edited December 2017
    So who exactly owns Ingrid? Who told UDON not to include Ingrid ? And Mr Ono is a Capcom god so whatever he wants will be done right?

I mean Ingrid may not be an SF character but she's still a Capcom character which means Mr Ono can put her in SF if he wants to right?

Since Ingrid was tagged as a Capcom All Stars then it only means Capcom will be making a game for it in the near future.
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,476
    RLAAMJR. wrote: »
    So who exactly owns Ingrid? Who told UDON not to include Ingrid ? And Mr Ono is a Capcom god so whatever he wants will be done right?

I mean Ingrid may not be an SF character but she's still a Capcom character which means Mr Ono can put her in SF if he wants to right?

Since Ingrid was tagged as a Capcom All Stars then it only means Capcom will be making a game for it in the near future.

None of that is true. While Ono has a lot of say, he can hardly just do “whatever” as he has to justify his ideas both to corporate for funding and the designers to see them implemented. Capcom also tries to get the permission of the creators to use their characters in crossovers, which is why we didn’t see a Monster Hunter in MvC until MvCI; if Ingrid’s creator doesn’t want her in SFV, that’s off the table. Also, they’ve done profiles related to Cannon Spike, SF2010, and Sailor Higemaru/Ruby Heart, so it easily just could have been a one-off thing.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    edited December 2017
    ES_Curse wrote: »

None of that is true. While Ono has a lot of say, he can hardly just do “whatever” as he has to justify his ideas both to corporate for funding and the designers to see them implemented. Capcom also tries to get the permission of the creators to use their characters in crossovers, which is why we didn’t see a Monster Hunter in MvC until MvCI; if Ingrid’s creator doesn’t want her in SFV, that’s off the table. Also, they’ve done profiles related to Cannon Spike, SF2010, and Sailor Higemaru/Ruby Heart, so it easily just could have been a one-off thing.

I see. But way back when Mr Ono and the SFV director were both tweeting about Ingrid, they would have had already sought permission from the Ingrid creator. Maybe the Ingrid creator just doesnt want Ingrid to be tagged as an SF character. But my question is why not? Considering that Capcom All Stars may no longer be made in the future, Ingrid as a character would have richer progression to bean SF character.

I guess the Ingrid creator still wants to have a full right on the character and that if Street Fighter wants to use her, they must ask permission from the Ingrid creator first. Great way to earn too for the creator.

And to add, Ingrid was considered to be in mvc3/umvc3. According to a leaker, Mr Ono also want Ingrid in MVCI.

So for Ingrid not to be tagged as an SF character doesnt really mean she wont be in SFV.

Froztey wrote: »
    This is untrue, heavily untrue.

When a character designer creates a character under a company, that character is created by them - but the character concept belongs to the company. Otherwise we'd never see a Megaman game again considering the creator left the company. If you respect the creator, they could ask how they felt about adding that character to different games, but the creator has no say on when or where that character appears. Just because they made one tweet about Ingrid does not mean she was considered, and I'm almost sure the tweet about Ingrid was in response to people asking if she would appear in SF, to which Ono said basically a PR-friendly "no".

Ingrid wasn't planned or taken into account with Street Fighter V. Accept that.

I see. I actually believe your answer more that the character is owned by the company.

But what aboutt he official Street Fighter V twitter account tweeting Ingrid as well as the SFV director tweeting Ingrid images/gifs?

Surely that wasnt a response to those were asking if InGrid will be in SFV.

But prolly they wanted to know if theyll get a huge positive feedback/support and maybe the Ingrid hype didnt reach what they have expected that they may no longer not include Ingrid in the game.

But there's nothing wrong to be optimistic especially that Mr Ono is an Ingrid fan

Ingrid for Street Fighter V! :)

• KSRezscindKSRezscind Karate Style Rindoukan Joined: Posts: 87
    Tbh, with the costumes that good I'd just accept the gift. Not trying to rain on any parade, but the same goes for Gill. To me at least, these clear references are showing they acknowledge these fans, but most likely know these characters are not according to plan. So, imo, it's a gift.

Bothers me a little to say that, since I really want my character in. But hey, at this point, I'd still want to represent with a costume.
    edited December 2017

When a character designer creates a character under a company, that character is created by them - but the character concept belongs to the company. Otherwise we'd never see a Megaman game again considering the creator left the company. If you respect the creator, they could ask how they felt about adding that character to different games, but the creator has no say on when or where that character appears. Just because they made one tweet about Ingrid does not mean she was considered, and I'm almost sure the tweet about Ingrid was in response to people asking if she would appear in SF, to which Ono said basically a PR-friendly "no".

Agree! True that is under the contract nowadays. were not in the 1970s anymore.

That's why the creator of Deadpool instead create Deathstroke.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• Mr_BladeMr_Blade Joined: Posts: 312
    Mr_Blade wrote: »
    Cammy>>>>Mostly any other character in the SF universe. Like it or love Cammy Isabella White is an icon and a must for any SF game

Cammy is the second greatest female character in Street Fighter. Which makes me ask?

Who are your top 5 greatest (not favorite) female characters of Street Fighter?

Chun-LI, Cammy, Juri, Rose, Sakura. Think these women are the TOP 5 of the SF franchise. Everyone else favorite or non favorite comes after these women
    Mary for Street Fighter V

My Blog:http://darkonyxe.blogspot.com/
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,828
    KSRezscind wrote: »
    Tbh, with the costumes that good I'd just accept the gift. Not trying to rain on any parade, but the same goes for Gill. To me at least, these clear references are showing they acknowledge these fans, but most likely know these characters are not according to plan. So, imo, it's a gift.

Bothers me a little to say that, since I really want my character in. But hey, at this point, I'd still want to represent with a costume.

Rindoukan still alive. Capcom can't keep our bulldozer girl out too much.

edited December 2017
    Rose, Chun, Maki, Kolin and Viper.

That my Top 5

Menat is supposed to be part of my Top 5 but her character is silly and dumb because of the poorly written in storymode but overall i like her especially in-game character movement animation.

Rose is not part of my wishlist because I don't want her to die like Gen. She should be spared for future plots. She should be the Chizuru Kagura of the series.

My worst is

Ingrid, Karin, Marz and a bunch of Rival Schools that use object like Camera and Violin.

My average(TOP6-10)

Makoto, Laura, Juri, Cammy and Elena.

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

• alexbibalexbib Joined: Posts: 53
    edited December 2017
    Ingrid Ingrid Ingrid... Ingrid

For the love of all that is good, would you please stop? We all know you want Ingrid, no need to repeat it every day. There must now be at least 300 posts in this thread where you're asking for Ingrid.

I'm trying my very best to be as nice as possible about this... I understand part of how you feel, some of the characters I like are unpopular and not very likely to be featured in new games, but at some point it's really unpleasant for everyone else to keep pestering them about your desires. By all means keep pestering Capcom and Ono, it's part of their job to deal with slightly crazy fans, but it's certainly not part of ours.

NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    KSRezscind wrote: »

Rindoukan still alive. Capcom can't keep our bulldozer girl out too much.

You're God damn right!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

I don't see Makoto or Viper costumes, so you know they're coming!
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,619
    Cammy>>>>Mostly any other character in the SF universe. Like it or love Cammy Isabella White is an icon and a must for any SF game

Cammy is the second greatest female character in Street Fighter. Which makes me ask?

Who are your top 5 greatest (not favorite) female characters of Street Fighter?

Chun-LI, Cammy, Juri, Rose, Sakura. Think these women are the TOP 5 of the SF franchise. Everyone else favorite or non favorite comes after these women

Rose unfortunately gets shafted a lot.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,718 mod
    edited December 2017
    I really want to see Gouken back, his "shoto with a twist" playstyle was nostalgic but refreshing. I'd still prefer if he got a bit of a rework because his toolset always had terrible downsides, so there's room to improve the character.

Palm was a fun tool.
    Evorgleb wrote: »

I see. I actually believe your answer more that the character is owned by the company.

Ingrid for Street Fighter V! :)

So rights are a little weird when it comes to Street Fighter. The Street Fighter brand with all of its characters and trademarks is owned by Capcom USA. That is is the results of a transaction that occurred during the Street Fighter's down years between the release of Street Fighter III and Street Fighter IV. Basically, Capcom Japan had no plans for Street Fighter and Capcom USA thought the brand was still viable for licencing. Capcom USA acquired the rights for the Street Fighter brand from Capcom Japan and started licensing the brand to other companies to make comics, clothing, ect. As we know, Ono went on and convinced the head honchos over at Capcom to do another Street Fighter game (IV). Since Capcom USA and Capcom Japan fall under the same parent company, Capcom Co, Ltd, it benefits all parties to make more Street Fighter games. However things get complicated when we get back to the licencing and those licensing rights can in turn affect how the game is made. Though Ingrid has appeared in a Street Fighter game, she was originally created for a different game and her legal rights likely lie with the company that made that game, Capcom Japan.

I say all that to say, the real reason Ingrid is no longer being recognized as a Street FIghter character is because someone realized that she would not be included in the rights held by Capcom USA and thus would create some serious headaches when it came to licensing, "This deal we just cut for you to make Street Fighter action figures includes everything in the game except Ingrid... Sorry about that. We need you to stop making those ASAP". This is likely the exact thing that happened with UDON's poster. They included Ingrid because they assumed they had the rights to her along with all the other characters and at some point someone from Capcom's legal department reached out to them and asked for her to be removed.

So is all hope lost for Ingrid? I dont think so. For a while Cody and Guy could not appear in things like the Street Fighter comics because they were technically part of the Final Fight brand. At some point Capcom USA also acquired the Final Fight brand and now apparently bundles Final Fight licensing with Street Fighter to give licensees better access to more of the characters included in the games. So I would not be surprised if at some point, wanting to capitalize on the popularity of the character, rights for Ingrid ended up with Capcom USA just so in turn they could put her in Street Fighter games.

Thanks a lot! :)

The top 3 is definitely irreplaceable: Chun Li, Cammy and Sakura

Top 5: prolly Juri and Ibuki

• DarthEnderDarthEnder Dragon Force Kin Joined: Posts: 2,801
    Woo! Season 2 character pass is finally 50% on Steam! Finally time for me to buy.
    New batch of stages coming according to X-Kira:
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/dec/22/credible-data-miner-x-kira-reveals-upcoming-street-fighter-5-stages-final-fight-street-fighter-2-alpha-street-fighter-3-and-more/

22_xkira01.jpg
    22_xkira02.jpg
    22_xkira03.jpg
    22_xkira04.jpg

At this point, I'm pretty much just assuming that this all is fact, although that seems like a lot of stages for S3 alone (maybe some of the stages will be S4 and beyond).
    Either way, if it's all true, I'm pretty excited. Tons of iconic and great classic stages in the mix (with some great new stage music remixes too!).

If nothing else, I think it says a couple of things:
    1. Capcom is continuing to make great choices with AE and S3. Very encouraging.
    2. Not trying to read into it too much, but if you have stages for Cody, Blanka and Sagat, then what about some of those other stages from SFIII? We going to eventually see Oro, Makoto, Q, etc.?

Well, not getting my hopes up too much, but thus far, excited about S3, AE and these new stages (assuming they're coming).