Mr. Robot

Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese....Joined: Posts: 21,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot

http://www.whoismrrobot.com/

MR. ROBOT follows Elliot (Rami Malek, “The Pacific”), a young programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and as a vigilante hacker by night. Elliot finds himself at a crossroads when the mysterious leader (Christian Slater, “The Adderall Diaries”) of an underground hacker group recruits him to destroy the firm he is paid to protect. Compelled by his personal beliefs, Elliot struggles to resist the chance to take down the multinational CEOs he believes are running (and ruining) the world. The series also stars Portia Doubleday (“Her”), Carly Chaikin (“Suburgatory”) and Martin Wallström (“Simple Simon”).
MR. ROBOT is produced by Universal Cable Productions, this contemporary and culturally resonant drama is executive produced by Sam Esmail (“Comet”) and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin (“True Detective”) and Chad Hamilton (“Breakup at a Wedding”).

This is one of my favorite new shows this year............the first episode was greatness.

Weird that a lot of the characters in the show remind me of people I knew in community college.
The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
-Traitor Aizen Souske

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    Pilot was awesome... Really thoughtful series. The guy playing Elliot(the main character) is acting his ass off in every scene. Dude is going to be really big in a year or two if he plays his cards right.

Drug-dealer chick has a nice ass.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,786
    KillaFox wrote: »
    Pilot was great

Hopefully they can keep it up. I gave up on USA but damn they got a winner right here.

Pilot was awesome, watch them cancel it mid season 1...
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The show had a nice pilot, Elliot is an intriguing character (reminds me of every emo junkie recluse I've met put together) but the plot is very shakey and precarious in design. One jump-the-shark moment or plot twist is all it takes for a series like this to go from brilliant to wtf?

It's like a daredevil doing a crazy stunt; he either looks badass doing it or becomes a laughingstock in a blooper reel.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,942
    po pimpus wrote: »
    his ass off in every scene

her ass.
    butt doubles is the oldest trick in the book. Butt you can go ahead and tell me if her braided mohawk was the same or different before she got into bed both times, I didn't go back to check even though I saw the pilot like 3 times this week.

Episode 2 then

Which wasn't in the on demand showcase, front page of comcast Mr.Robot listing /subtitled espanol and bonus clips only, they mess that up like they do on Walking Dead/other shows
    but going to USA > Mr.Robot had episode 2 up from last night
    as essential as Elliot is to the plan, being that much better than the other guys hacking, or just in the right position and right company with the most access they need

dude still gave him "the Geese Howard" push / fall off?

The talk in the ferris wheel over money. Surprising Elliot didn't call him out on that's line for line from the Matrix.

Shit looks like a 2bit operation in the arcade, like 3 guys skeleton team, dont mention VPN, did mention an elite hacker group that's about anarchy - they even hack for N.Korea/Iran

They absolutely don't do a good job not being followed back to the coney island arcade. But that might be part of the ongoing -is he imagining this, daydream part he did in the first Therapist session, they got Cosby, that they didn't go back to yet?

I knew I recognized the therapist lady since I watched JCVanDamme TimeCop recently. IMDB says she was 30 back then!
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,442 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah..............Gloria Reuben looks like she stopped aging.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Show is solid that pilot ep had me hooked. Im feeling the story as well sorta giving me that watch dogs vibe but i find Elliot super funny. Best parts of the show is his internal dialogue that shit will make you legit laugh out loud.
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,300
    Yeah..............Gloria Reuben looks like she stopped aging.

Just did the math..chick looks fantastic for 51.
  • BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997
    edited July 2015
    Heard about this show, was pretty excited. Glad to hear people have good things to say about it. Between this and Halt and Catch Fire, this will be a good summer for techie-dramas.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • KORYNTHYANKORYNTHYAN Pinteresting... Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pilot did so well, a 2nd season has already been ordered. I never even heard of that shit happening before.

~K.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    LESTWINS
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    I'm really liking this show. Especially the use of unreliable narrator between just being crazy and the drugs. You're not too sure what's real and what isn't. Even when his boss shows him the fsociety video he hadn't heard of, all you know is that fsociety exists in some capacity but you don't know if they're the people Elliot has been talking to.

The cliffhangers they leave you at in each episode is really good too, as they're not did they didn't they. They're really ambiguous. For example, at the end of the pilot when he walks into the room of suits I was left thinking "Wow, really? They're going to have him meet the people who run the world?" Then that wasn't the case at all. Something different entirely. And even then, it could have been they knew he was the one to hack the servers and release the false information incriminating someone.

The show has more promise with the second episode too, because it looks like they may try to weave in a theme in each one. This latest one being about promises, which ones are worth breaking, and how we come to that conclusion.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    Great pilot and the second ep was really good too, I like the cinematography and writing a lot so far.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,786
    Yeah cinematography is definitely on point. Gives me a Breaking Bad vibe with the unique angles and framing they use.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX DBGT non canon > maxxvatar OVA Joined: Posts: 17,942
    edited July 2015
    didnt expect the demo tape guy, except the dummy didnt notice black duct tape/sharpie all over the CD
    and elliot didn't find any cheating he was doing of his friends fiance?

That felt like it came from the hack CD he put in his PC since it was right after. spam click here boobies in your area!

Why the IM relay chat back in chinese. They're going with a American citizen plant helping that elite hacker group?

gangsta guy exchange was a well acted scene too. too bad he's locked up now, and out of the show for now.

I didn't notice it the first time around. But the fsociety leader not only just had a tropey, looked up his history used his past to hold leverage against him, like he would when building his team to have an edge over them to follow his directions, but was now going to be a disappointed father figure replacement of his dad with that direct parallel to breaking his dad's trust.
    _
    MOS DEF - BOOGEYMAN - also made sense as much as these other music cues with no lyrics fitting the scene at that location after it was introduced, his leader being movie magic ruthless, with an iron fist.
    _
    but what is open ended and doesn't make sense directly: his dad worked for E(vil) corp too - how would working for a company as a software engineer give you cancer, they gave him leukemia. They made it seem like he was really blue collar, working in, say an oil refinery.

he shouldnt have hacked the head offering him the 1% job

Christian Slater's character blowing off Tyrell as someone in the know - not listening to Elliot mentioning it, not in detail, so not even worrying about who that guy is, really overlooking him
    That's a good plot to follow, where those 2 rivals pulling him one way or the other. Lets see that get started.

imagine if he wasnt such a headcase and could be over the top neck deep hacking, gung ho on world changing

he could be slipping between both

sleeper agent while working for fsociety, having unprecedented access from the inside.
    • Oh and the red light under his broken asbestos era heater

(had one of those in my junior high- shit sucked, like the asbestos ceilings in English one year) it was out of focus, but could be something since it was intentional with the cinematography framing things.

It looked like he one click googled buying a new one the first time thru, it was fast, but it was some direct from the company how to get thru their DNS - security pdf, lol who does that as a company, detailing how your IT security is setup, like advertising it, trade secrets.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

Gay sex. :^)

Since whats going on is still questionable, there is still the possibility that the workings of Tyrell are imagined in Elliot's mind. That Elliot believes that this is what someone who works for Evil Corp is capable of. Still, I like the idea of a man who is so opportunistic that he will use sex, even gay sex, to get what he wants. Shades of Liu's Daken right there. I also like that they're fleshing out the tertiary characters. They could have easily left Tyrell as is and it would have been fine.

Loving this show.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Psychopaths and sociopaths tend to be more fluid with their sexuality as a means to an end, moreso women due to our social schema.

This episode made it intentionally clear that Christian Slater is just a figment of his imagination (and somehow sauntered into a security firm seemingly unnoticed, and later critiquing his appletini to an unnmoved bartender). More specifically, he is an avatar for his late father, which is probably why they showed his mother in a flashback this ep and not his dad. Also, Mr.Robot's mom has an olive complexion, giving a free pass for a more Caucasoid appearance for his dad.

His dad is the "big reveal".

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a Fight Club thing going on and Elliot is really the brains behind the F Society and his delusions are just his way of coping with such a massive undertaking.
    In ep 1 he had that whole inner monologue about society in the shrink's room, then suddenly we have an underground hacker group called F Society?
    I'm not entirely certain Evil Corp exists too, I thought it was a joke at first but no the company is actually called Evil Corp :o
  • remonsterremonster Joined: Posts: 553
    I think you missed the part where Elliot said his brain translates E Corp to Evil Corp whenever he hears or sees it.
    In ep 1 he had that whole inner monologue about society in the shrink's room, then suddenly we have an underground hacker group called F Society?
    I'm not entirely certain Evil Corp exists too, I thought it was a joke at first but no the company is actually called Evil Corp :o

It's Evo Corp. I definitely can understand the confusion because Elliott's tone of voice makes it hard to understand sometimes.

I also got the Fight Club vibe as well. That weirdo girl is his crazy worker-with-benefits and they seem to be the OGs based on their dialogue. He probably recruited everyone else while in Christian Slater mode.

No, in the last episode there are figureheads and web headers that very clearly say "Evil Corp" on them.

I'm going with Elliot just mentally translating it to Evil Corp whenever he says/sees it.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    We're in Elliots imagination like he said in the first minute of the pilot so we see how he sees and hears things while he narrates is my guess
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,923
    No, in the last episode there are figureheads and web headers that very clearly say "Evil Corp" on them.

I'm going with Elliot just mentally translating it to Evil Corp whenever he says/sees it.

You should go with it like that...because Elliot outright admitted that he does that (and mentioned that Krista would shit bricks if she knew). And since we see the world through his eyes, we see E Corp as Evil Corp all the time.

Also, Angela is an idiot. She picked the wrong time to NOT be bitchy.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    They aren't even trying to hide the Fight Club thing now. The only problem is figuring out how FSociety existed before Eliot showed up.
    edited July 2015
    Elliot got Hacker AIDS...

EDIT: DAT KEITH DAVID FISH ASSIST!
    Post edited by po pimpus on
    Elliot got Hacker AIDS...

EDIT: DAT KEITH DAVID FISH ASSIST!

Keith Fucking David always finding new ways to save the day.
  • ZeonTheUnbornZeonTheUnborn The One IX Joined: Posts: 2,726
    "Move me to the fucking window!" Lol. This show is so confusing right now.
    I will win! I won't stop until I get them!

Work him! Yes! Him! Him right there! Work. Him!
    Well...this is a problem.
  • TragedyKhadaafiTragedyKhadaafi ☆☆ not the pappy ☆☆ Joined: Posts: 1,340
    i feel for bill :(
    i feel for bill :(

He got Slater'd. He never had a chance.
  • TragedyKhadaafiTragedyKhadaafi ☆☆ not the pappy ☆☆ Joined: Posts: 1,340
    thought dude was really gonna fuck her pissy ass at first.
  • ZeonTheUnbornZeonTheUnborn The One IX Joined: Posts: 2,726
    This fool is completely crazy. Like...he is strange....very strange...and creepy beyond belief.
    I will win! I won't stop until I get them!

Work him! Yes! Him! Him right there! Work. Him!
    thought dude was really gonna fuck her pissy ass at first.

Yeah, I think we were ALL confused...which was the point.

This dude is seriously unbalanced.
    Yeah but Mr. Robot was right, Tyrell is arrogant as fuck and TOO unnerving for his own good. To be a perfect CEO you also have to have a good public face and he fails at it. Honestly, the best thing going for him is that everyone he's surrounded by is no less messed up.
    Still loving this show but if there is one blemish it's Darlene's bullshit. It's not enough that I'm annoyed but I'm just so indifferent to whatever the fuck is going on with her.
    mIRC wrote: »
    Still loving this show but if there is one blemish it's Darlene's bullshit. It's not enough that I'm annoyed but I'm just so indifferent to whatever the fuck is going on with her.

If not for the whole gang bullshit I'm sure she would've fucked things up with Shayla for Elliot, even if unintentionally.

But that's kind of the problem right now...well maybe not a problem considering the narration delivery and the fact that it's early in the show but...we don't have reason to care about a lot of characters so far. Certainly no one in Fsociety.